Looks like Druid Reveal this Week!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

As a main-ranger. I’m really, really excited.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/605403864838348800

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Given that it’s a centaur, a Ventari quote, and we have datamined info of a Ventari legend for Revanent, it more likely to be Revenant related info this week.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I have a different theory.

Since there is no weapon or armor shown – and this doesnt look like a current playable race -

I think this image is a teaser for the “difficult content” blog they have been talking about, especially given the accompanying quote.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Since there is no weapon or armor shown – and this doesnt look like a current playable race -

I think this image is a teaser for the “difficult content” blog they have been talking about, especially given the accompanying quote.

I’d be perfectly ok with that too!

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/7/74/Ventari.jpg/225px-Ventari.jpg
That is Ventari. I think it’s safe to assume it is revenant related.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

All previous specialization announcements have had an image showing the profession being teased. Unless Revenants or Druids shapeshift into centaurs, I don’t think ArenaNet would break the trend.

Attachments:

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

All previous specialization announcements have had an image showing the profession being teased. Unless Revenants or Druids shapeshift into centaurs, I don’t think ArenaNet would break the trend.

That might be true for elite specializations, but they’ll probably show revenant’s remaining base class details before they reveal its elite spec, so it might very well be that.

Larynx.2453

That might be true for elite specializations, but they’ll probably show revenant’s remaining base class details before they reveal its elite spec, so it might very well be that.

This is like showcasing the Strength trait line for warrior. Do you really think that deserves its own week?

DiogoSilva.7089

This is like showcasing the Strength trait line for warrior. Do you really think that deserves its own week?

If revenant’s part 1 reveal deserved its own week, I’m sure part 2 will as well. Besides, showing what will likely be 3-4 weapons sets, 2-3 legends and 2 trait lines is a lot more than what an elite spec usually offers.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The Mallyx elite shape shifts you into a demon. Jarlis elite turns you to stone. Completely possible the Ventari elite turns you into a centaur… (and there are datamined images from that_shaman as well for this)

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

No it doesn’t! And this approach is very wrong for me, but oh well….

Larynx.2453

The Mallyx elite shape shifts you into a demon. Jarlis elite turns you to stone. Completely possible the Ventari elite turns you into a centaur… (and there are datamined images from that_shaman as well for this)

Those apply a shader and particle effects. They don’t turn you into a 4-legged manhorse. That is a completely different mesh frame and set of animations. It’s like Reaper of Grenth or Deathshroud compared to Lich Form.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

All specialization are are unique trait lines and utilities (and a weapon).

Revenant is a new class with a unique set of utilities to detail and possibly a trait line in relationshion to it. Really wouldn’t be that different. They could also discuss the datamined and mysteriously recently updated weapons such as sword, shield and staff.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

DiogoSilva.7089

For those that are interested in the Revenant, a part 2 reveal is as exciting as an elite spec reveal. It’s definitely worth its own week.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Those apply a shader and particle effects. They don’t turn you into a 4-legged manhorse. That is a completely different mesh frame and set of animations. It’s like Reaper of Grenth or Deathshroud compared to Lich Form.

This could work similar to the Glint channel we see Rytlock do, only with Ventari. Hard to tell really. We haven’t seen the datamined Shiro yet either, so who knows what Revenant is capable of.

Maybe Ventari is the Revenant elite spec, and unlike the ‘core’ specs it has an actual ‘form’ like Lich Form as it’s elite. The basic point here is we don’t have all the information on Revenant, so anything is possible.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Larynx.2453

If revenant’s part 1 reveal deserved its own week, I’m sure part 2 will as well. Besides, showing what will likely be 3-4 weapons sets, 2-3 legends and 2 trait lines is a lot more than what an elite spec usually offers.

Announcing an entire profession is on a completely different level to showcasing a single normal trait line.

DiogoSilva.7089

Announcing an entire profession is on a completely different level to showcasing a single normal trait line.

Announcing several weapon skill sets, several legends and several trait lines is on a completely different level to showcasing a single normal trait line.

EDIT Especially when each legend for Revenant is usually as unique as each elite spec for a normal profession.

Larynx.2453

This could work similar to the Glint channel we see Rytlock do, only with Ventari. Hard to tell really. We haven’t seen the datamined Shiro yet either, so who knows what Revenant is capable of.

Maybe Ventari is the Revenant elite spec, and unlike the ‘core’ specs it has an actual ‘form’ like Lich Form as it’s elite. The basic point here is we don’t have all the information on Revenant, so anything is possible.

Only reasonable reply. Seems like it would be the most realistic explanation for breaking the trend if it was the Rev spec. Keep in mind I did already concede this possibility in my first post. “Unless Revenants or Druids shapeshift into centaurs, I don’t think ArenaNet would break the trend.”

There’s also the distinct possibility Ventari is not the rev spec. It’s baseless speculation, people just like connecting dots. There’s nothing that says the Ventari stuff is Rev related, and it if it was then it would have heavy thematic overlap with druid.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

MattyP.6954

I’d also be good with that!

Forgive me for being excitable for the possibility for good things coming to a class I enjoy

That being said, I hope the Ventari Legend doesn’t overlap too much with the Druid specialization. I prefer to think of my character classes as snowflakes

Server — Fort Aspenwood

Larynx.2453

Announcing several weapon skill sets, several legends and several trait lines is on a completely different level to showcasing a single normal trait line.

EDIT Especially when each legend for Revenant is usually as unique as each elite spec for a normal profession.

You got all that from this single teaser image? Why would Ventari be the posterboy for multiple weapons and specs that have nothing to do with him? Shouldn’t a picture of, I don’t know, a Revenant be more reasonable for a reveal of such large scope?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Only reasonable reply. Seems like it would be the most realistic explanation for breaking the trend if it was the Rev spec.

There’s also the distinct possibility Ventari is not the rev spec. It’s baseless speculation, people just like connecting dots. There’s nothing that says the Ventari stuff is Rev related, and it if it was then it would have heavy thematic overlap with druid.

If it weren’t for the datamining, sure, we could say there is nothing tying Ventari to Revenant. Except that he’s a well known legend and we know the revenant channels legends and it would be logical to think he might be included….

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Hmmm… a few things I can think of:

• Ventari Legend for the revenant
  • Druid reveal
  • New Heart of Maguuma minor race reveal
Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Larynx.2453

Only reasonable reply. Seems like it would be the most realistic explanation for breaking the trend if it was the Rev spec.

If it weren’t for the datamining, sure, we could say there is nothing tying Ventari to Revenant. Except that he’s a well known legend and we know the revenant channels legends and it would be logical to think he might be included….

There’s nothing directly tying Ventari to the Revenant profession besides speculation, which is exactly what you just posted. It’s not like we had little “Rev legend” tags under the datamined information.

There is no information available that confirms Ventari is related to Revenants. There is nothing even very concrete that heavily hints at it. The logic begins and ends at “Ventari is a legendary figure, Revs are related to legends.” Therefore, the possibility remains that Ventari is not in fact related to Revenants. Tell me why I am wrong.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’d also be good with that!

Forgive me for being excitable for the possibility for good things coming to a class I enjoy

That being said, I hope the Ventari Legend doesn’t overlap too much with the Druid specialization. I prefer to think of my character classes as snowflakes

Nope, it’s completely acceptable to be hyped for your preferred class’ spec. I’m waiting impatiently for Tempest.

Given that we know nothing about either the Ventari line or the Druid specialization, its hard to speculate. I wouldn’t think they would make them too close to each other, but we shall see.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

There’s nothing directly tying Ventari to the Revenant profession besides speculation, which is exactly what you just posted. It’s not like we had little “Rev legend” tags under the datamined information.

There is no information available that confirms Ventari is related to Revenants. There is nothing even very concrete that heavily hints at it. The logic begins and ends at “Ventari is a legendary figure, Revs are related to legends.” Therefore, the possibility remains that Ventari is not in fact related to Revenants. Tell me why I am wrong.

Conversely there is nothing stating definitively that he’s not either. Your logic goes both ways.

We could speculate that Ventari could be tied to the Druid spec, and gives rangers a form (they did say that someone would be getting a form and a break bar), but there are no facts to tie those together either.

All we have is speculation, so neither of us is wrong.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

No no no please no!

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

This is definitely Revent’s Legend : Ventari.
He’s a Centaur, he speaks of nature and life, and he does NOT wield a staff. (Most crucial evidence)

Currently ALL SPECIALIZATIONS wield their respective new weapons in their trailer images.

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Pretty much a confusing post.

• It looks like Ventari, therefore it points to the Revenant’s spec.

HOWEVER

• Monday teaser, which is for specializations
  • Ventari was of a druidic nature, centaurs are close to nature
  • So far, the specializations are released in this specific order

Is it too optimistic to hope for a DOUBLE news this week? Wait and see!

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i’m 90% sure it has nothing to do with druid and everything to do with the future struggles of the sylvari.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Pretty much a confusing post.

• It looks like Ventari, therefore it points to the Revenant’s spec.

HOWEVER

Is it too optimistic to hope for a DOUBLE news this week? Wait and see!

I think they’re not ready with druid yet because they need to make it right to “fix” ranger.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I dont see any weapon or anything related to spec in this pic. Revenant is coming! And hopefully they show rest about him along with underwater skills hehe

obey me

DiogoSilva.7089

HOWEVER

Monday teasers have been there for most of the HoT news.

I won’t be surprised if revenant’s ventari and ranger’s druid share similar themes, much like how revenant’s mallyx is close to necro and jalis to guardian.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I am guessing a lore post.
We are overdue one of those by now after all.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I am guessing a lore post.
We are overdue one of those by now after all.

For sure wouldnt mind that!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

“Life can be painful, but do not fear the trials you will face. Hard ground makes stronger roots.”

Judging from the quote alone, going to guess it’ll relate to the “challenging content” reveal. It could also relate to masteries as it’s a form of foundation ‘root’ building for the character. It surely suggests some build up against a challenge to be defeated/solved.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Game servers are going to close, they want us to learn to accept tough things in life (tough ground makes strong roots).
:)

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I. Live life well and fully, and waste nothing.
II. Do not fear difficulty. Hard ground makes stronger roots.
III. The only lasting peace is the peace within your own soul.
IV. All things have a right to grow. The blossom is brother to the weed.
V. Never leave a wrong to ripen into evil or sorrow.
VI. Act with wisdom, but act.
VII. From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

Ventari tablet.

obey me

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

No no no please no!

I share the feeling.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The only thing I gathered from that image is that there are people on these forums that will get overly emotional once the actual reveal happens and it’s not what they wanted it to be.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

GOT DARN ANET ART TEAM KEEP TROLLING!!!!!!!

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

how’s that trolling?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

MattyP.6954

how’s that trolling?

My guess is releasing a viney concept art that might not have anything to do with Druid on the week that everyone is expecting the Druid Reveal.

Server — Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

how’s that trolling?

My guess is releasing a viney concept art that might not have anything to do with Druid on the week that everyone is expecting the Druid Reveal.

Everyone was expecting the druid? How so? There was no indication that a specialization would be revealed this week.

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Game servers are going to close, they want us to learn to accept tough things in life (tough ground makes strong roots).
:)

HOW COULD YOU EVEN SAY THAT.

kitten it I played City of Heroes for years! ;_;
….. go Pinnacle~

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: Mar.4839

Mar.4839

I’m not sure how people who were here for the other profession elite spec reveals can think this is Druids. Each of those showcased the profession with their new equipped weapon.

It’s either showcasing the 2nd part of Revenant or as somebody else mentioned, the challenging group content.

I’m doubtful it’s a lore bit of some kind because they didn’t preview the new hyleks at the beginning of the week. Those blogposts just happened without much hype beforehand.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

definitely not a specialization. the quote refers to “challenges”,

really hope its “challenging group content” that ISN’T just a wyvern rehash (or showing the more difficult versions). crossing my fingers that it’s instanced…or at least hybrid like the Marionnette event from LS1 (still the most fun/best designed group event in the game).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I don’t think this week will have ANYTHING to do with druids.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I bet it has nothing to do with Druids and Revenant specialisations. I reckon it’ll be about some lore about Ventari or some area, and they’ll do a blog or readyup about it. You heard it here first.

Because lore is fascinating and more interesting than specialisations.

Not.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: rpfohr.7048

rpfohr.7048

Ranger? Not unless rangers are allowed to train juvenile Centaurs in HOT…..