Maguuma dead?

Maguuma dead?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Maguuma is dead because there nothing to do and the event rewards well they just suck. I log into Destiny and Wow and completely skip over this game. Maybe if it was worth Logging in and staying people might actually do that but with the rng god and playing for two years with no precursor drop people got better things to do then waste the years away.

Yet you had enough time playing WoW and Destiny/reading about them on web sites to come here and post; we feel blessed by your presence.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Learn to taxi until megaservers are fixed.

Problem solved.

Move on to next easily player fixed problem we could wildly complain about.

Megaservers are never getting fixed. They are a tool to hide decreasing population. there is never a reason to merge populations unless they are not big enough on their own.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Problem solved.

Megaservers are never getting fixed. They are a tool to hide decreasing population. there is never a reason to merge populations unless they are not big enough on their own.

Which was the case for low population servers compared to high population servers such as JQ and BG.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The only problem with HoT maps are the meta event timers. If you don’t get on to a map at or just before the start of the meta event, forget doing anything on that map anytime soon, as people will just leaves d do something else, over trying to organise another map.

The fact you have to use the LFG tool just to play a map in HoT at any time, if you want to get on with anything other than story, it’s a failure in design.

Having to remember to go check a 3rd party site before I start playing to see if the TD meta will be anytime soon when I’m about to start playing is also bad design. All these timers should be in game. If we can set achievements to be tracked we should be able to set event or map meta start times too. If these web sites can do it, then the game should be able to do it also.

I’ve given up on trying to do a TD meta, every time I try to do it I get on to an “organized” map only to find out that it’s lies, or that people start leaving to another map and I’m not lucky enough to get on to that map before it fills up. The more I try to do HoT meta maps, the more I just treat the game as a single player RPG, with PvP for fun every now and then.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Maguuma dead?

Ayrilana.1396

The fact you have to use the LFG tool just to play a map in HoT at any time, if you want to get on with anything other than story, it’s a failure in design.

You can complete the majority of the events in HoT unless there’s a champion. With DS, you do need a map of people but that is by intentional design.

Having to remember to go check a 3rd party site before I start playing to see if the TD meta will be anytime soon when I’m about to start playing is also bad design. All these timers should be in game. If we can set achievements to be tracked we should be able to set event or map meta start times too. If these web sites can do it, then the game should be able to do it also.

All maps are on set timers. If you look at the timer websites, you’ll see what those are.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

magumma isnt dead.

On the contrary. If you put in LFG “organized DS” in a matter of seconds appears a lot of people. DS map is filled with players in a matter of 2 minutes.

This utopia of just log in and already get a map with people and organized, it is a matter of luck. As a matter of logic is unlikely to happen.

Simply what happens is that in disorganized maps, people stop him, and quickly goes into an organized via taxi, which in turn he becomes “full”.

What the devs need do create a separate raid section in, LFG spliting it from open world. It is getting terrible.

the effect I write above. does not occur with maps of Core Tyria, cuz all they are soloable. So the players do not leave a map when he is “disorganized”. Your chances of enter into a map with mid population is more higher.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Do you have a source showing that Anet changed to megaservers to keep the game alive? Do you have a source indicating that the game was at a risk of dying?

It was obvious to anyone who had more than 5 friends, either fellow guildmates or server friends, who played or still play the game. But, if it’s quantifiable proof you want, just ask anyone in a very large guild who hasn’t gotten around to purging the rolls of inactive players. I’ve been in two guilds on two different servers, each well over 200 people, where less than a third of the guild players log on on a regular basis. My previous guild had over a hundred players who haven’t logged in in over 6 months and only 10% of players playing with any frequency. So yes, large swaths of players are leaving. The favored destination is Archage for reasons I will never comprehend.

Yes people do leave the game or take extended breaks. You also forget that people also start playing the game who happen to be new. You also cannot base the game population on what you see from guild memberships that you personally see. What you’re seeing there is hardly anywhere close to counting as quantifiable.

So I ask again:

Do you have a source showing that Anet changed to megaservers to keep the game alive? Do you have a source indicating that the game was at a risk of dying?

At the risk of having my comment deleted and this thread closed (or outright deleted) as I’m sure Anet doesn’t like too detailed an answer regarding declining player populations, I’ll answer your question.

I absolutely can base player population based on an n>200 assuming a random distribution of players. I have been playing this game since the Betas (and I even played GW1 a lot before this game). At launch, I was on ET. Within a year and a half, I could go to Cursed Shore and not run into another player for HOURS. If I wanted to do anything group oriented in PvE, I would have to guest either on Blackgate or JQ. At that time though, lions arch still had a very large presence, but they were all WvW players. All this was pre mega server. Today, ET can’t even muster more than 20 people on EB on a rally night. Look at the official leaderboards (it’s so dead it doesn’t even have a score).

Mega servers were nice in that it largely solved the PvE guesting problem, but it nicely hid the declining participation of PvE maps. Now, the only way to gauge a server’s population, albeit indirectly, is to look at WvW. It of course doesn’t attest to the PvE only crowd if there is such a thing. Once they do a mega server style fix on WvW, as the rumor mill says, you’ll have absolutely no way of knowing just how populated the game is. You could literally be playing with the last 1,000 people and you’d never know.

So no, I don’t have access to the data logs showing me shifts in player populations. I have only about 2.5 years of near constant observation and educated guesses that have been more right than wrong. I suspect though that nothing I say and nothing you see in game I will change your stance. But to agree with you on one point, the game isn’t going to financially die anytime soon. HoT infused them with much needed cash and if they were smart, they’d begin working on the next expansion yesterday and then release one every year until you run out of dragons. At that point they would have had a 7-8 year run, which is a pretty good lifespan for an MMO. Then they can sweep this whole thing under the rug and make GW3.

You can absolutely tell that the WvW population has descended on your server and probably most servers, I’d say including T1 and T2 servers.

I’d say the WvW population has decreased. But if the PvE playerbase has increased and the PvP playerbase has increased (even with all the complaining that’s probably true due to free to play) then it means nothing. Absolutely nothing, except one game mode isn’t popular right now.

Maguuma dead?

Vayne.8563

If it’s dead the VB meta we just beat, I must have soloed. lol

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Nexterror.7180

Nexterror.7180

2-3 active maps per meta during prime time is dead content to me. That’s just me though.

Maguuma dead?

Ayrilana.1396

How do you know that it’s 2-3 maps? We’ve tried to spawn our own map before and often encountered upwards to 8 for TD and this was before they nerfed it.

Maguuma dead?

Vayne.8563

2-3 active maps per meta during prime time is dead content to me. That’s just me though.

It’s not dead content if it can fill 1 map. 2-3 maps would be fine. The thing is, I beat there aren’t tons of raids going on all the time, so that must be dead content too.

This game offers a wide variety of experiences for a wide variety of players. The more experiences added, the thinner the population spreads. That’s simple logic.

But the real bottom line is, you don’t really know how many servers are active anyway.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

The metas for the maps drive the population in the maps. For the most part, if there is no current meta chain active on the map, it will be dead. ghost town. Once the chain is active, or close to completion, masses of people will “taxi” in via the LFG tool and the meta gets completed for the rewards, rinse and repeat ghost town etc.

Its truly bad game design for a dynamic game world that relies on spontaneity and scaling to be successful. You have people having to abuse an interface feature to put themselves into an experience that feels epic, yet still breaking immersion and making maps feel insignificant save for the paltry rewards at the end. They’re like open-world WoW raids that are 40-man autoattack festivals. It’s not fun, not rewarding (both tangibly and satisfactorily) and plain dumb.

QFE
The Anet white knights in here are funny.

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

Maguuma dead?

Vayne.8563

The metas for the maps drive the population in the maps. For the most part, if there is no current meta chain active on the map, it will be dead. ghost town. Once the chain is active, or close to completion, masses of people will “taxi” in via the LFG tool and the meta gets completed for the rewards, rinse and repeat ghost town etc.

Its truly bad game design for a dynamic game world that relies on spontaneity and scaling to be successful. You have people having to abuse an interface feature to put themselves into an experience that feels epic, yet still breaking immersion and making maps feel insignificant save for the paltry rewards at the end. They’re like open-world WoW raids that are 40-man autoattack festivals. It’s not fun, not rewarding (both tangibly and satisfactorily) and plain dumb.

QFE

Except of course, for the hero point chains that run, the people doing map completion who don’t care about the meta, the people just farming achievements…they’re on those “dead” maps too. They don’t all cluster in one place…well except for the hero point chains, but yeah, even dead maps aren’t dead.

And being a white knight doesn’t make you automatically wrong as some people would imply.

A lot of the black knights on these forums don’t even play the zones enough to comment.

Maguuma dead?

BrotherBelial.3094

You can complete the majority of the events in HoT unless there’s a champion. With DS, you do need a map of people but that is by intentional design.

All maps are on set timers. If you look at the timer websites, you’ll see what those are.

Wow, I said that in my post. It is still bad design having to look out side of the game. L2r.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Maguuma dead?

Vayne.8563

Wow, I said that in my post. It is still bad design having to look out side of the game. L2r.

But if you don’t want to leave the game, you can make a note of when things come up and you’ll know for next time., Saying it’s a bad design to leave a game to find out when things happen is almost like saying it’s bad design to have to read a TV guide to find out what’s on TV.

You either read the guide, or you flip around and figure it out. If you’re in a zone, and you see the meta start, it’s easy enough to write it down. Eventually you can figure out when everything starts just by playing the game.

Or you can go to a site and look it up, the choice is yours.

Maguuma dead?

BrotherBelial.3094

But if you don’t want to leave the game, you can make a note of when things come up and you’ll know for next time., Saying it’s a bad design to leave a game to find out when things happen is almost like saying it’s bad design to have to read a TV guide to find out what’s on TV.

You either read the guide, or you flip around and figure it out. If you’re in a zone, and you see the meta start, it’s easy enough to write it down. Eventually you can figure out when everything starts just by playing the game.

Or you can go to a site and look it up, the choice is yours.

Seeing these days you can just press a button and the guide is on your tv screen you don’t have to stop watching your TV. You do have to stop playing the game, and this is not like it’s anything new, people have been asking for this since the world bosses went on timers. ANet clearly made HoT to be timer based, so yes bad design to not add them seeing as this mess was all intended.

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Problem solved.

The real issue is that we never should have had individual servers in the first place.

ArenaNet had the “noble” idea that people would join a server and have server pride leading them to WvW to “defend their server’s honor in the Mists!”

Even before Megaservers, there were still overflow maps.

The issue was that low pop servers (and mid-level maps especially) would often have empty maps. The issue only grew as they added more maps and more content that people left early maps for.

We had the ability to select “districts” in towns from a drop-down box in GW1.
They should bring back this feature for GW2. That way everyone just tries to go to the lowest number district that isn’t open.

Granted, I suppose your point may be valid in that they don’t want people knowing exactly how many instances/districts are open. (Since that’d indicate how many people are playing the game.)

(edited by Minos.5168)

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

What the devs need do create a separate raid section in, LFG spliting it from open world. It is getting terrible.

Or, what the players could do is simply join all the raid LFGs until the group fills up and then leave.

Effectively clearing the raids from LFG.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

Except I often get into full maps so there are a lot of people who do find them enjoyable.

Just because they are full doesn’t mean people are enjoying them.
There is XP to grind and Map specific currency for collections.
Most players play for rewards, not for gameplay.

Wintersday puzzle must be the most fun content atm, since its full all the time.

Now lets do a 180, people might join organized maps because they don’t wanna waste more time on those maps due to events failing.

Maguuma dead?

Vayne.8563

Except I often get into full maps so there are a lot of people who do find them enjoyable.

Just because they are full doesn’t mean people are enjoying them.
There is XP to grind and Map specific currency for collections.
Most players play for rewards, not for gameplay.

Wintersday puzzle must be the most fun content atm, since its full all the time.

Now lets do a 180, people might join organized maps because they don’t wanna waste more time on those maps due to events failing.

Doesn’t mean they’re not enjoying the either.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Sometimes, I forget HoT was released with 4 new pve maps ^^;;

Do we really need a timer to complete metas in these maps now?

VoxL, NSPPT

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Maguuma is dead because there nothing to do and the event rewards well they just suck. I log into Destiny and Wow and completely skip over this game. Maybe if it was worth Logging in and staying people might actually do that but with the rng god and playing for two years with no precursor drop people got better things to do then waste the years away.

Yet you had enough time playing WoW and Destiny/reading about them on web sites to come here and post; we feel blessed by your presence.

I also have not logged in for a while, but i still frequent the forums to see if activity is declining.

A dead MMO isn’t indicated by “[blank] is dead!” posts, its indicated when there’s a lack thereof. When people STOP caring about this game, and they stop posting, stop logging, stop thinking about GW2— that’s when it’s dead. People stop playing, then people stop posting, then people stop talking about the game. And I’ve personally seen one part of this advent happen, and we’re slowly phasing into the second phase.

There’s people here who go to the forums and have “quit” or taken a break or simply stopped playing. Don’t mistake them for a second.

(edited by Sheobix.8796)

Maguuma dead?

Sheobix.8796

Sometimes, I forget HoT was released with 4 new pve maps ^^;;

Do we really need a timer to complete metas in these maps now?

Yep. To get the most out of the PvE experience of HoT you have to follow the VB→AB→DS→TD meta chain timers to get all the rewards. For the majority, they won’t use timers because they wont understand how it works and will just leave this fake-dynamic MMO.

Maguuma dead?

Sheobix.8796

QFE

Yep. an extended problem of the megaserver that fixes the low-pop issue is that when you play with people you like in a PvE map or PvP, want to form a guild w/ them or whatever then realize you’re all on different servers.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I absolutely can base player population based on an n>200 assuming a random distribution of players. I have been playing this game since the Betas (and I even played GW1 a lot before this game). At launch, I was on ET. Within a year and a half, I could go to Cursed Shore and not run into another player for HOURS. If I wanted to do anything group oriented in PvE, I would have to guest either on Blackgate or JQ. At that time though, lions arch still had a very large presence, but they were all WvW players. All this was pre mega server. Today, ET can’t even muster more than 20 people on EB on a rally night. Look at the official leaderboards (it’s so dead it doesn’t even have a score).

What does EB population have to do with whether people are playing the game? At best, you can say that there aren’t as many people in ET playing WvW (and even that might not be true). People might have moved from ET or might be more interested in PvP/Leagues or the new HoT maps or raids.

So no, I don’t have access to the data logs showing me shifts in player populations. I have only about 2.5 years of near constant observation and educated guesses that have been more right than wrong.

According to Astrologers, Nostradamus has 100 years of correct guesses, too. But that’s pretty much if you ignore all the ones that didn’t come true or aren’t verifiable and include all guesses that are vague enough to be interpreted as true or false. Which is a long way of saying, it’s not very convincing to point to a track record which no one else can verify.

Which returns to the point: without looking at actual data, there’s no reliable way of determining if player participation is up, down, or about the same post-HoT as pre-HoT.

Everyone is welcome to their own impressions, of course, but let’s not equate it with actual facts.

Separately, ANet might want to address the trending topic that participation levels are down. Whether true or not, the company isn’t doing itself any favors by letting the assumption go unchallenged.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Yep. To get the most out of the PvE experience of HoT you have to follow the VB->AB->DS->TD meta chain timers to get all the rewards. For the majority, they won’t use timers because they wont understand how it works….

Or, they understand all too well how the timers work —but they just don’t have either the time or the patience to fuss with it night after night after night after night after night after night after night…..

….. just so they can unlock the “skill” that will allow them to buy some trinket from a frog.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Nexterror.7180

Nexterror.7180

sw is the only actually active map atm in open world content.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Every map I go into there’s never anyone around. I look on the LFG and it’s filled with all raid requests and a couple SW. Is it me or is no one ever doing the metas anymore in the HoT maps? I never see VB, AB, TD etc anymore.

Definitely not dead, have like 5+ DS Taxi’s going

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Berserk Steve.1530

Berserk Steve.1530

Thread is too long of people with nonsensical idea. Every single day I have full maps – hell if I tag up 20+ followers have squad joined on me in a short amount of time. Buy a tag, if you get an empty map – tag up and teach people how to play the area. This is why most of those maps are like that. Get to a DS where everyone is gathering try to taxi? Just tag up and orga that map. Don’t expect everything to be handed to you – it’s a computer system – things won’t always work right. Do I agree they need to tweak tune and fix thing? Yes. But currently almost every major problem in HoT areas that I see could be resolved with a better player/commander attitude.

Maguuma dead?

BrotherBelial.3094

Thread is too long of people with nonsensical idea. Every single day I have full maps – hell if I tag up 20+ followers have squad joined on me in a short amount of time. Buy a tag, if you get an empty map – tag up and teach people how to play the area. This is why most of those maps are like that. Get to a DS where everyone is gathering try to taxi? Just tag up and orga that map. Don’t expect everything to be handed to you – it’s a computer system – things won’t always work right. Do I agree they need to tweak tune and fix thing? Yes. But currently almost every major problem in HoT areas that I see could be resolved with a better player/commander attitude.

Tagging up is not always the answer. I could tag up, but I have no clue, nor the masteries to do a DS map, I have to let other people do the poison parts of the map. Also if you don’t know what you are doing and tag up, you will get grief from some players. If the maps where not on timers people would know how to play them, problem solved.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Berserk Steve.1530

Berserk Steve.1530

I didn’t know anything when I started tagging them yeah you get 1-2 trolls saying south weak comm or whatever but that’s how you learn. Read, do , play learn. Did it with all of them, can now lead all metas and get enough people from follow list to do them well. few weeks work, people don’t want to bother.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Osby.5390

Osby.5390

I’ve been finding a lot of empty maps too, but it could be my hours as I am in New Zealand.

Maguuma dead?

Vayne.8563

I also have not logged in for a while, but i still frequent the forums to see if activity is declining.

A dead MMO isn’t indicated by “[blank] is dead!” posts, its indicated when there’s a lack thereof. When people STOP caring about this game, and they stop posting, stop logging, stop thinking about GW2— that’s when it’s dead. People stop playing, then people stop posting, then people stop talking about the game. And I’ve personally seen one part of this advent happen, and we’re slowly phasing into the second phase.

There’s people here who go to the forums and have “quit” or taken a break or simply stopped playing. Don’t mistake them for a second.

Ignoring of course the fact the free to play players can’t post here.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

sw is the only actually active map atm in open world content.

Well tbh it is an area you can get/go to that does not require HoT. But my honest opinion about it is that it is busier simply because it is NOT on a timer.

I know if I personally only had 20 minutes to play I would use the LFG and find a SW map at or near 75%. I did this because if I am not anywhere near the correct time for the other metas it was a waste of my time waiting for them.

Maguuma dead?

Ayrilana.1396

The point that I was trying to make was that the scheduled for the HoT meta event can easily be memorized. External websites are the easiest to look and do that but you can also go in game and onto the maps to do the same as well. You don’t have to consistently rely on a 3rd party site to know when meta events are up.

Sorry that I wasn’t more clearer in my post.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

The point that I was trying to make was that the scheduled for the HoT meta event can easily be memorized. External websites are the easiest to look and do that but you can also go in game and onto the maps to do the same as well. You don’t have to consistently rely on a 3rd party site to know when meta events are up.

Oh you were, in case he wasnt he is stating that is bad design, which i happen to agree with.
In HoT
-You are dependent on other player to complete most of its relevant content.
-The game plays you, you have to play on ITS schedule, not the other way around. For a few key events that was acceptable, not for everything on Fing game.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Eds.7260

Eds.7260

Man, it’s holidays nowadays so I guess you can’t expect a lot of players at this period in time.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

QFE

I’ve made it a policy to ignore certain names and scroll past their nonsense. It makes the thread more enjoyable. That said, Sheobix is on point and understands the issue involved.

+1

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Maguuma dead?

BrotherBelial.3094

That it might be, for you. I have to remember enough in my life with out having to remember times when I can play in a game…….

But hay you find it acceptable that we have to rely on a 3rd party site to be able to play HoT. I do not, for me it is lazy and bad design. This was something that was intended from the start of HoT. I can see why they did it. In theory its a good idea, get all the players on the same map trying to do the meta, means that more players can try the metas. Sadly in practice it has failed.

Maguuma dead?

Ayrilana.1396

That it might be, for you. I have to remember enough in my life with out having to remember times when I can play in a game…….

But hay you find it acceptable that we have to rely on a 3rd party site to be able to play HoT. I do not, for me it is lazy and bad design. This was something that was intended from the start of HoT. I can see why they did it. In theory its a good idea, get all the players on the same map trying to do the meta, means that more players can try the metas. Sadly in practice it has failed.

I never said that players have to rely on a 3rd party website. Read my post completely (I bolded what you missed). All I said was that it’s easier.

All times are based on server time.

Verdant Brink

• Daytime meta events begin on 30 minutes into the hour on every even hour.
  • Daytime meta events last for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
  • Nighttime events last for 45 minutes.
  • Choppers come down when 20 minutes remain.

Auric Basin

• Pillar meta events begin on 30 minutes into the hour on every odd hour.
  • Pillar meta events last for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
  • Challenges then begin and last for 15 minutes.
  • Octovine then begins (beginning of every odd hours).
  • At least a 10 minutes cool down time before meta event progress resets.

Tangled Depths

• Outpost events begin on 50 minutes into the hour on every even hour.
  • Outpost meta events last for 1 hour and 35 minutes followed by a 5 min “prep” for the final meta.
  • Gerent starts at 30 minutes into the hour for every even hour.

Dragon’s Stand

• Dragon’s Stand Meta events begin on 30 minutes into the hour on every odd hour.
  • Map closes and resets after two hours unless you beat the blighting towers event.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I think whether Maguuma feels dead or not usually comes down to a person’s tolerance for the constant taxiing. If I just log into a Maguuma map, it almost always feels dead. If I taxi to a fuller one, then I see people running around and doing events.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I don’t go into the maps unless I’m trying to unlock Hero Points, which makes map chat very angry when I ask for help.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Maguuma dead?

BrotherBelial.3094

I never said that players have to rely on a 3rd party website. Read my post completely (I bolded what you missed). All I said was that it’s easier.

Verdant Brink

Auric Basin

Tangled Depths

• Outpost meta events last for 1 hour and 35 minutes followed by a 5 min “prep” for the final meta.

Dragon’s Stand

• Dragon’s Stand Meta events begin on 30 minutes into the hour on every odd hour.
  • Map closes and resets after two hours unless you beat the blighting towers event.

I fail to see how it is easier than having it in game.

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Verdant Brink

Auric Basin

Tangled Depths

Dragon’s Stand

Well, for people with real jobs, this sounds a like a heck of alot of ‘scheduling’. What every happened to spontaneous fun? I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet implemented a punch clock..so people can just punch their little play cards, play the predefined x amount of hours and get their precious wage, err, loot.

Maguuma dead?

Ayrilana.1396

Well, for people with real jobs, this sounds a like a heck of alot of ‘scheduling’. What every happened to spontaneous fun? I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet implemented a punch clock..so people can just punch their little play cards, play the predefined x amount of hours and get their precious wage, err, loot.

Well except for DS, you can do any map at any time. The times I listed were simply when the maps transitioned between phases.

Maguuma dead?

BrotherBelial.3094

Well except for DS, you can do any map at any time. The times I listed were simply when the maps transitioned between phases.

That’s our point, we don’t want to play to a clock, so technically you can’t do any map at any time. Otherwise you could jump on a TD map and do grenth at any time, but you can’t. These maps should have been player driven like SW. Sadly timers seem to be ANets thing. Which is….. Well you know what I think.

Maguuma dead?

Ayrilana.1396

That’s our point, we don’t want to play to a clock, so technically you can’t do any map at any time. Otherwise you could jump on a TD map and do grenth at any time, but you can’t. These maps should have been player driven like SW. Sadly timers seem to be ANets thing. Which is….. Well you know what I think.

Can you jump onto any map and do a world boss at any time? How about an Orr temple?

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Can you jump onto any map and do a world boss at any time? How about an Orr temple?

Exactly. Also as Sheobix said above neither the alternative is perfect, because it will ask for map hopping as it happens in SW: jump in when map is 90% and enjoy the the final reward.
This is the classic “short blanket” situation where you can’t have both feet and head covered. Both systems have pros and cons.
Imho, overall the current system beats the other, since you can schedule and organize.
When other people ask for the other system all i can see is people that want it the SW’s way so it’s easier, and faster, and casual, while others made the job to get the map there. I firmly dislike this way: people want the player driven maps to be able to jump in at the last second.
Also if you player-drive each HoT map you still look at 1h+ more of chain unless the map is full and can make multiple step simultaneously, so how does this fits in you “busy life” where you have max 1h of gameplay, uh?
I seriously can’t fathom some of the complaints around…

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Maguuma dead?

BrotherBelial.3094

Exactly. Also as Sheobix said above neither the alternative is perfect, because it will ask for map hopping as it happens in SW: jump in when map is 90% and enjoy the the final reward.
This is the classic “short blanket” situation where you can’t have both feet and head covered. Both systems have pros and cons.
Imho, overall the current system beats the other, since you can schedule and organize.
When other people ask for the other system all i can see is people that want it the SW’s way so it’s easier, and faster, and casual, while others made the job to get the map there. I firmly dislike this way: people want the player driven maps to be able to jump in at the last second.
Also if you player-drive each HoT map you still look at 1h+ more of chain unless the map is full and can make multiple step simultaneously, so how does this fits in you “busy life” where you have max 1h of gameplay, uh?
I seriously can’t fathom some of the complaints around…

It’s got nothing to do with being able to play for 1 hour. Maybe you can’t fathom some of the complaints because you don’t have any real reasonability’s in life. Like you own family with young children, a demanding job, or anything else in between. I have to say I’ve never seen a SW map get rammed just before VW, but maybe I’m lucky, or I don’t see it or care.

The Hot maps are bad because they are not player driven. As for people being able to schedule and organize there play time that’s the most weak response ever. What in this game really need that out side of raids?

This game is really starting to feel like giving up smoking, every patch makes it that much easier to quit.

But hay I guess I need to not have a life that has no responsibility’s to enjoy the game right?

Maguuma dead?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

But hay I guess I need to not have a life that has no responsibility’s to enjoy the game right?

This. If a player only has the weekend, a few hours before bed, or other responsibilities, you can pretty much hang it up as far as getting certain things done.

Everything feels like a clocking watching zergfest. And if you miss the train, you’re screwed. Honestly, why the game suddenly turned into a Map Wars is beyond me.

A huge reason the core game was so popular is because it allowed those casuals to play at their own pace without being punished for it.

And I sincerely hope those days return soon.

Why is Maguuma dead? Because the initial, and hardcore, zerg has plowed through the content and has moved onto other pastures in other areas or in other games.

Gone to Reddit.