Many people left because of HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I agree, Hyper, that SW was/is a better map than the HoT ones in terms of no timer. The only change I’d make to it was to enable chest farms only during the break between iterations.

SW has a map reset timer after the Vinewrath is defeated.

So what. We were talking about timed events, not timed down time.

So after the map resets, how many people actually stay and do events?

Vayne.8563

@DaShi, I don’t have any idea who Vayne is. Never spoke to or commented to them. I know they don’t need anyone fighting their battles. And I’m not trying to do that. But good grief hun what is your obsession with Vayne. I swear Vayne couldn’t sneeze without you wanting him/her to “prove” how many drops of saliva was in that sneeze and demand proof the speed of the sneeze. In short you are just obsessed. Anyway stop telling people to prove it prove it prove it. No one here is your mommy do your on research.

You’re suggesting that people can make any claim entirely without evidence & it should not only be taken seriously, but should be defended from those asking for proof? And not only that, but those that insist on proof for specific claims are obsessed & immature?
Yikes. That’s a scary world.

This entire thread is a question that has no definition proof. There’s no way to know if there are more people playing or less people.

Many in this thread are saying less. They’re saying their friends list and their guild. But active guilds keep recruiting to replace people leaving.

WvW is certainly less and that’s because the changes to it weren’t completed when HoT came out.

So a question that can’t be answered with any proof is posted. It’s the whole thread.

Did many people leave because of HoT? How many is many? How many people came back? How many people started playing that would have never played before.

It’s all really part of the same question. Only Anet has the answers.

My best guess is that HoT wasn’t nearly as successful as Anet had hoped it would be.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I agree, Hyper, that SW was/is a better map than the HoT ones in terms of no timer. The only change I’d make to it was to enable chest farms only during the break between iterations.

So after the map resets, how many people actually stay and do events?

If you want statistical data, I would ask ArenaNet and not players.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

It’s not even down time, actually. It’s a map phase with its own content. There’s the Labyrinth, and some champions spawn all over the map.

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Me and 4 of my friends quit a couple of weeks after HoT released.
Also my 30-40 ppl guild disbanded due to low member activity.

I’m just reading the forums once in a while to see if something changes.

Posted by: Animism.6849

Animism.6849

Me and 4 of my friends quit a couple of weeks after HoT released.
Also my 30-40 ppl guild disbanded due to low member activity.

I’m just reading the forums once in a while to see if something changes.

Did the same. I almost want to see an update from Arenanet “Sorry guys, we kittened up the expansion, and also betrayed what our core fans enjoyed in Guild Wars, we’ll admit that to you now!”

Good riddance otherwise. Game is a time-drain for nothing, barely even fun anymore.

Vayne.8563

It’s not even down time, actually. It’s a map phase with its own content. There’s the Labyrinth, and some champions spawn all over the map.

Okay to clarify, after the maze is done and the map completely resets (it doesn’t really reset after vinewrath, it resets after the maze and goes back to zero), how many people stay and do the events that take the map to that point. The question is perfectly valid. After the champion phase, it pretty much tells you at that point it’s resetting the map. Everything goes back to scratch. Forts have no defense. Everything is at the beginning.

My guess is that only a tiny percentage of the people do that content. I’m basis this on the experience of being one of the very few people on a few occasions that have stayed to do that content.

Yep, I’m one of those people who thinks it’s a problem for just people to port into a zone at the very end and get credit, the same credit, as people who just show up for desert without doing anything to help prepare the meal.

This is one of the things that system in HoT attempted (with mixed success) to remedy and it’s something I feel needs to be remedied.

Manasa Devi.7958

Plenty of people must do something or maps would never progress to breach and Vinewrath.

And participation levels would’ve been enough to avoid the “breach hopping”. There’s absolutely no need to involve the real-world clock.

Whatever is wrong with “the HoT way” has nothing to do with trying to fix what was wrong with Silverwastes. It has everything to do with throwing out what worked in Silverwastes..

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Yup.

Lots left.

I’ve seen a lot of friends guilds die due to HoT as they ostracized a huge portion of their player base, the casual. Most of my friends have moved on but I’m having a blast in core helping the F2P crowd.

HoT is end-game content with an increase in difficulty and nonsensical grind for the lack of actual content. Casuals don’t want that crap. They want “easymode” free roaming open world PvE content and they are 110% right in expecting as much as that is what made the core game such a critical and overwhelming success.

They don’t want to get one-shotted by a mob. They don’t want to have to figure out a rubiks cube like map. They don’t want to be told they can’t go there because they have to grind out some idiotic mastery to jump on a mushroom or glide.

HoT was and is catered towards the play for hours every day player which is fine. The “hardcore” GW2 players deserved as much. I really mean that, they deserved such end-game content for being so passionate, while actively and consistently supporting the game and demanding more challenge.

Fair call.

The problem is Anet completely ostracized the casual majority. They gave people that actually enjoyed the open world content in core NOTHING. It’s just a gated and grind based mess for casuals and whether the hardcore 24/7 “I have full ascended on every class and a dozen legendary weapons” players like it or not if this game doesn’t cater for the casual 1-10 hours a week player that enjoys the type of easy open world content core offers this game will die.

It’s the best part of this franchise. Play for 50 hours a week…or 5….your all on the same page.

Not anymore. Even in the community it’s noticeable how HoT has divided everyone. One camp is “HoT is a let down” while the other is “l2p scrub”.

So yeah…most of my friends have left. Personally I’ve gone from 15-20 hours a week playing GW2 to 1-5 at best.

Welcome to Grind Wars 2.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/earnings.aspx

You can look at NCSoft’s Q4 report to get a vague idea of sale numbers and game health. In short, there’s a pretty good bump in numbers for GW2 in Q4. It doesn’t give you the number of HoT copies sold, but people are estimating it between 250k to 600k copies sold.

Posted by: Daniel.4763

Daniel.4763

I was told several times to L2P so I went back to the core maps and spend more time L2P Netflix. I still log on, but mainly to farm some mats and maybe get some skill points towards the new specializations on my alts.

Interested in seeing NCSoft’s 2016 Q1 report in a couple of months.

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

You can look at NCSoft’s Q4 report to get a vague idea of sale numbers and game health. In short, there’s a pretty good bump in numbers for GW2 in Q4. It doesn’t give you the number of HoT copies sold, but people are estimating it between 250k to 600k copies sold.

Where did 600k come from? I thought the figures were 250-300k.

Posted by: SirBlunticus.4258

SirBlunticus.4258

Yep, pretty much.
I come back to forums to see if any improvements have bee made. (so far no)
I still notice the same select few on many posts trying to trivialize PAYING customers complaints.
If you notice, its the same dudes!
Havent played in a month now, was my favorite game. Played all the time on my days off and now can’t stand the game for what they did to it.
Totally changing the fundementals of the game, and forcing you to play idiotic mini games and grind grind grind to no end.
I just wonder what these guys get out of this?
Just watch…it’ll be the saaaaame guys chiming in once someone says anything negative about this game. Take notes, watch posts that get “moderated”.
Look at the WvW forum (truth be told there)

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

Where did 600k come from? I thought the figures were 250-300k.

The 600k is assuming the majority of income for that quarter was nothing but expansion purchases, which is unlikely. The 250k to 300k was “guessed” by subtracting the average income for previous quarters from Q4 and then using the remainder to estimate the number of copies sold, but it seems unlikely gem purchases would remain similar for that quarter. So I’ll give the benefit of the doubt and use both ranges. /shrugs

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

This entire thread is a question that has no definition proof. There’s no way to know if there are more people playing or less people.

That mentality will send statisticians screaming

In lieu of hard stats, which Anet could provide but then again, what game company does, you can still infer activity from the presence of people in various places. Many of us put in enough hours over the years to have a sense for what typical populations are.

I took a break, have come back to dabble on dailies and a little pvp. My sense: population is lower.

Cities seem to have less than half the folks around at my usual times. Trading post prices are surprisingly low for a number of things I’m interested in. Whenever I pop into SW or a HoT zone or really anywhere in the world, I see fewer people.

Now, my one world recent event did end up with a good number of folks. The TP money could be going to things I don’t track. Folks could be in mysterious, taxi-full zone instances that I haven’t blundered into. All my former guildies could have been too busy to carry on their previous fairly noisy chatting.

In short, all the data points I look at to gauge population could be misleading… but I kinda doubt it. From what data I have available, the population clearly seems lower. I am 100% certain? No, but I’m fairly certain it is substantially lower.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Funny…

Cities seem to have as many or more people around at my usual times. Trading post prices are high for a number of things I’m interested in selling. Whenever I pop into SW or a HoT zone or really anywhere in the world, I see as many or more people.

Every world event I go to has tons of people. Mobs at events in the daily event zone melt with even greater speed than they did last summer (and yes, I think that’s due at least in part to power creep). I’m still seeing as many or more players there, though.

From the incidental data I have available, the population seems about the same.

See how that works? That could all be a function of when, where and what I play, just as others’ anecdotes about population decline could be. Such data is not reliable because individual players do not have large enough sampling power.

Vayne.8563

That mentality will send statisticians screaming

In lieu of hard stats, which Anet could provide but then again, what game company does, you can still infer activity from the presence of people in various places. Many of us put in enough hours over the years to have a sense for what typical populations are.

I took a break, have come back to dabble on dailies and a little pvp. My sense: population is lower.

Cities seem to have less than half the folks around at my usual times. Trading post prices are surprisingly low for a number of things I’m interested in. Whenever I pop into SW or a HoT zone or really anywhere in the world, I see fewer people.

Now, my one world recent event did end up with a good number of folks. The TP money could be going to things I don’t track. Folks could be in mysterious, taxi-full zone instances that I haven’t blundered into. All my former guildies could have been too busy to carry on their previous fairly noisy chatting.

In short, all the data points I look at to gauge population could be misleading… but I kinda doubt it. From what data I have available, the population clearly seems lower. I am 100% certain? No, but I’m fairly certain it is substantially lower.

Actually I think you’re right. There are less people in cities now, because there are more places to go to sell and get to your bank, including Guild Halls and the PvP Lobby. I’m often at the PvP lobby even though I never PvP, because it’s convenient.

Prices being low is often a sign of more supply, which could very well mean more people farming.

My own personal experience is that my guild is busier now than it was a year ago.

Perception is great. Interpreting that perception is just as difficult as trying to interpret numbers. There are all sorts of things that change how things are perceived.

In my mind the only thing that can really be judged is WvW, because there are three zones with no overflows. But even then some WvW players could be playing Edge of the Mists because they don’t like the new borderlands.

Sicarius.4639

In my mind the only thing that can really be judged is WvW, because there are three zones with no overflows. But even then some WvW players could be playing Edge of the Mists because they don’t like the new borderlands.

Like most, can only speak from personal experience, but we wouldn’t be caught dead in EoTM as we never considered it WvW. Some might call that a “hardcore” attitude, personally having known hardcore guilds and GvG guilds, I’d say that was tame.

Those driving the WvW and GvG scene from years gone have left a long time ago and those who were more casual have gone now. Our current guild message…

Attachments:

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

My 2 cents.

I actually CAME BACK to the game after a long hiatus because of the HoT release. Something new and such…

Now I played it for a couple weeks and I’m glad I came back. I love the gliding. I love the new verticality of the maps. I like the meta event progression thing. NOT in Dragon’s Stand because that 2hr and map closes thing is just insane.

I also have some issues with the new release. One drawback for me is how much class and build factor in my playing experience in HoT. I get so annoyed all the time when I am playing solo on my zerker mesmer because everything is out to kill me. And if I don’t know exactly where to go and what to do it does. Kill me I mean. And I do know how to play so let’s not go there…
Then I switched to that necro I never played before, maxed Reaper and HoT became a breeze. I can now tank everything and play a lot more relaxed. So this factors in a lot with how much I enjoy gameplay. Not saying it should be different, just something I noticed.

I also have a huge issue with game crashes during or at the end of meta events, full maps one can’t get into, empty maps one gets forced into after crashes, lost progress, lost rewards, etc. THIS is my biggest problem with HoT. When I get disconnected or the game crashes it should put me back into the map I cam from for at least 5 minutes or so. It’s neither my PCs nor my fault that this crash stuff happens, it’s the game. So why do I have to suffer when it happens? SO annoying and definitely the biggest reason I regularly have to stop playing because I get so angry and frustrated after having spent a couple hours with meta progression only to crash and end up in an empty map.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Join a party to reduce the chance of crashing / dc’ing and losing the map you were on.

I often party people lfg for that reason. Don’t have to play with them or talk to them, I’m just providing a layer of security during an event.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Like most, can only speak from personal experience, but we wouldn’t be caught dead in EoTM as we never considered it WvW. Some might call that a “hardcore” attitude, personally having known hardcore guilds and GvG guilds, I’d say that was tame.

Those driving the WvW and GvG scene from years gone have left a long time ago and those who were more casual have gone now. Our current guild message…

Coming from Maguuma, largely considered the “for the fights” server back in the day (#magswag), I agree that the general attitude was/is that EotM is only for PvE ktrainers, leveling alts, training noob commanders etc.

Having said that, when EotM first came out our most popular commander disappeared from WvW and primarily played EotM (and was made fun of a lot for doing so). Even after that, between seasons, he regularly played it (and also attracted many Maguumiebears to follow him often filling a map). So yeah, pretty much all the havoc squads and GvG guilds are gone or dispersed (and I miss them a lot too), but I’d argue even on fight club Maguuma the vast majority of the “WvW” population were those pugs following a pugmander. And they are far less picky about playing on EotM than what would be considered a proper WvWer.

I play EotM a lot myself, though I’m probably the most PvE casual on Maguuma lol. I recognize a few server-mates and sometimes people recognize some of my characters there and I get a whisper every now and then. shrugs WvW is certainly hurting a lot, but I still occasionally find things that keep me optimistic.

qbalrog.8017

See how that works? That could all be a function of when, where and what I play, just as others’ anecdotes about population decline could be. Such data is not reliable because individual players do not have large enough sampling power.

No, not really

You can go look in stats tables and see what sort of confidence levels you have based on the nature of the data and number of samples. You can make reasonable conclusions on fairly small sample sizes.

Saying you can’t draw any conclusions because you don’t have all the numbers is counter to what most businesses, pollsters, insurance folks, manufacturing lines, and weather predicters do every day. There’s entire industries based on interpreting imperfect data.

Are they 100% right? Of course not, but predictions based on partial data are accurate enough to be useful that people stake large sums of money on them.

I’ve offered my opinion, based on what I think is okay if not stellar data. Doesn’t seem like I’m the only one making that conclusion. Time will tell.

qbalrog.8017

Actually I think you’re right. There are less people in cities now, because there are more places to go to sell and get to your bank, including Guild Halls and the PvP Lobby. I’m often at the PvP lobby even though I never PvP, because it’s convenient.

Prices being low is often a sign of more supply, which could very well mean more people farming.

My own personal experience is that my guild is busier now than it was a year ago.

Perception is great. Interpreting that perception is just as difficult as trying to interpret numbers. There are all sorts of things that change how things are perceived.

Your alternate conclusion may be correct, which is why I’m not certain of my analysis but, as my personal opinion based on my personal observations, I think pop is lower. I’m sure we’ll get a better sense in the months ahead. Useful data points will include NCSoft earnings announcements and whether they force more changes.

On a somewhat related note, one of my TP data points is the price on dyes. They are much lower than I recall. This could be more dyes (not necessarily more of a given type, maybe more different types). Could be partially related to 3 year anniversary gifts. Could be a drop in demand. I see a similar thing on skins. Could be result of multiple 2-ticket skins on sale or recent events or could be fewer purchasers. I’m happy enough- got several things I’ve had my eyes on for some time but it does make me wonder.

Could be GH but I’m not sure GH would really drive the prices down although I suppose that could be it. Just not sure money going to GHs would have gone to skins and dyes- not something guilds usually by and most individuals probably donate mats not gold- I did anyway.

What’s your take on it? I’ve been dying to ask (pun intended :P )

Vayne.8563

Your alternate conclusion may be correct, which is why I’m not certain of my analysis but, as my personal opinion based on my personal observations, I think pop is lower. I’m sure we’ll get a better sense in the months ahead. Useful data points will include NCSoft earnings announcements and whether they force more changes.

On a somewhat related note, one of my TP data points is the price on dyes. They are much lower than I recall. This could be more dyes (not necessarily more of a given type, maybe more different types). Could be partially related to 3 year anniversary gifts. Could be a drop in demand. I see a similar thing on skins. Could be result of multiple 2-ticket skins on sale or recent events or could be fewer purchasers. I’m happy enough- got several things I’ve had my eyes on for some time but it does make me wonder.

Could be GH but I’m not sure GH would really drive the prices down although I suppose that could be it. Just not sure money going to GHs would have gone to skins and dyes- not something guilds usually by and most individuals probably donate mats not gold- I did anyway.

What’s your take on it? I’ve been dying to ask (pun intended :P )

There’s an influx of free to play players who can’t fully use the trading post. And I’m pretty sure they can’t buy dyes off the trading post. I have no doubt some who played the game have left. I also have no doubt that not everyone who started playing has access to buying and selling the same things, just as they don’t have access to this forum thus skewing post counts.

I strongly believe free to play has brought in a large number of players some of whom are converting to HOT but not fast enough. Possibly because some of them take far longer to level to 80. No real point in buying HoT until you have an 80, unless you want to play a revenant.

IndigoSundown.5419

No, not really

You can go look in stats tables and see what sort of confidence levels you have based on the nature of the data and number of samples. You can make reasonable conclusions on fairly small sample sizes.

Saying you can’t draw any conclusions because you don’t have all the numbers is counter to what most businesses, pollsters, insurance folks, manufacturing lines, and weather predicters do every day. There’s entire industries based on interpreting imperfect data.

Are they 100% right? Of course not, but predictions based on partial data are accurate enough to be useful that people stake large sums of money on them.

I’ve offered my opinion, based on what I think is okay if not stellar data. Doesn’t seem like I’m the only one making that conclusion. Time will tell.

It isn’t that you need all the numbers, it’s that you are assuming an anecdote is a sample at all, never mind a representative sample. You’re appealing to confidence levels when you’ve neither collected nor reported any data. What you’ve got is a feeling, based on casual observation.

Yes, it’s your opinion. I’m not trying to get you to change it. As to others making that same conclusion? People see what they want to see.

Yes, time will tell. Time is in fact on your side.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I did. I’m playing another game now. I do log in to do my dailies still, but I’m bored out of my mind.

But, to be fair, I’ll return when Living World is up and running again.

Gone to Reddit.

Sicarius.4639

Just too much else available to play now, they were in a good place of pay once and you can come back whenever, but now I have another pay wall in my way and for the same price I could get BDO.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Most people in our guild only (I am one of the 2-3 exceptions) log in for 1 or 2 raid clears and maybe fractal dailies if that is their thing. The HoT hype died down a few weeks ago and now activity feels lower than pre HoT because it did not turn out to be what people hoped for.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

None of the complaints had anything to do with synchronizing the events to the real-world clock and no one complained that the cycle was too short.

So, Silverwastes with rewards tied to participation level? It’s a no-brainer, really. Player-propelled progress and rewards based on participation in that progress.

uhhh are we playing the same game or major denial on your end? Silverwaste was beyond the point where it could be called leeching. From zergs feverishly following another player that had shovels for chests without contributing anything to switching maps for vine farm fight but never help build up the meter to sitting behind the maze chest for freebies….

That map was all about leeching

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

echo.2053

Funny…

Cities seem to have as many or more people around at my usual times. Trading post prices are high for a number of things I’m interested in selling. Whenever I pop into SW or a HoT zone or really anywhere in the world, I see as many or more people.

Every world event I go to has tons of people. Mobs at events in the daily event zone melt with even greater speed than they did last summer (and yes, I think that’s due at least in part to power creep). I’m still seeing as many or more players there, though.

You were sooooo close at whiteknighting them…..

Then you either started the game after or forgot about the megaserver update.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/April_2014_Feature_Pack#Megaserver_system

of course that action only occurs in times where the population is high…. ( sarc)

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I gather and sell iron, plat(convert to darksteel), seasoned wood, heavy wood and everyday there seems to be a high demand for the materials. If the population was going down, I think that the demand for these things would as well. The market seems to be thriving at a robust level.
I do however think that the great majority of the population resides in the core maps as opposed to the HoT maps. I am not counting low levels. I am talking about lvl 80 characters.

(edited by Dashingsteel.3410)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Considering they sold only about 300,000 copies of HoT and that non-HoT players are generally going to quit (especially if they play WvW or sPvP), it’s not surprising that a ton of people left the game.

Posted by: Mops.5316

Mops.5316

uhhh are we playing the same game or major denial on your end? Silverwaste was beyond the point where it could be called leeching. From zergs feverishly following another player that had shovels for chests without contributing anything to switching maps for vine farm fight but never help build up the meter to sitting behind the maze chest for freebies….

Sure SW had major problem but the system and how it is implemented on the new maps is just worse.

Tying the reward you can get to your participation was the right way to go but tying the whole meta event to the clock is a bad decision. It just feels like a drag to finish all the stuff to be ready for the next step of the meta event.

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I’m a brand new player myself, just hit the level cap for the first time in the past couple of weeks. Coming over from WoW, I found the HoT maps refreshing. For starters, the artwork is absolutely breathtaking. But more than that, the layouts are impressive especially when you work in the glider mechanics.

The combat system is nothing new for established players, but I’ve been really impressed by it. The developers made some very smart choices that they didn’t make over in WoW, and I think it’s really working for this game. I appreciate the way they restrict your available skills to 5 weapon and 5 utility skills. It forces choices and the results (barring balance issues) is a very diverse system that allows players to create many different playstyles within each class. I love it!

All in all, fighting in the jungle feels fast, exciting, challenging, and fun. I’ll admit there has also been a nice dose of frustration during the learning process, but I can’t really complain. The quality of content is as good as anything I’ve ever seen.

Now let’s just work on getting out more of it, huh? I beat Mordremoth and was like: Really? That’s it? MOAR STORY! LoL

IndigoSundown.5419

Funny…

You were sooooo close at whiteknighting them…..

Then you either started the game after or forgot about the megaserver update.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/April_2014_Feature_Pack#Megaserver_system

of course that action only occurs in times where the population is high…. ( sarc)

Yes, I’m familiar with mega-server. I was making a point about anecdotal evidence.

Manasa Devi.7958

None of the complaints had anything to do with synchronizing the events to the real-world clock and no one complained that the cycle was too short.

So, Silverwastes with rewards tied to participation level? It’s a no-brainer, really. Player-propelled progress and rewards based on participation in that progress.

Sure, it was a mess. That’s why I proposed something like Silverwastes, but not exactly Silverwastes. In the very post you’re quoting, no less.

Wait for it…

Silverwastes with rewards tied to participation level

Hopping from map to map to just do the end boss will net you next to nothing if you always have 0% participation.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Sure, it was a mess. That’s why I proposed something like Silverwastes, but not exactly Silverwastes. In the very post you’re quoting, no less.

Wait for it…

Hopping from map to map to just do the end boss will net you next to nothing if you always have 0% participation.

I don’t think you can have 0% unless you literally do nothing.

You might even be able to go from 0% to 100% just doing the last fight. I got 199% starting from the final escort to the blighting tower in DS the other day.

echo.2053

Wait for it…

that would add a challenge?

wait for it……

Run around hitting a single mob for nonstop escorts, turn in a single stone for rebuild quests, killa few from defend events, take a sip of soda get 100% ez mode

Players that truely believe that they were they choosen ones based on character storyline would be extremely pleased to get disconnected just before boss and only get into nearly completed maps for low rewards. Can’t stop the leechers #TURNDOWNFORWHAT?

Manasa Devi.7958

I don’t know why you’re so obsessed about what’s wrong with the Silverwastes. This is about how HoT should’ve been, not about how to solve the leeching and boss-hopping in Silverwastes.

echo.2053

I don’t know why you’re so obsessed about what’s wrong with the Silverwastes. This is about how HoT should’ve been, not about how to solve the leeching and boss-hopping in Silverwastes.

LOL you brought it up, I merely pointed out the flaws.

No need to beat around the bush mate, just come out and state " I wanted more mindless farm maps with low particpation requirments". Unless there is overwhelming voices like that for the full price expac with no bonus slot or the reskinned t3 human, they won’t pay any mind.

At the end of the day silverwaste map is still open…..

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I left because of the expansion too, I check the forums once in a while to see if they have fixed anything. My son stop playing after the expansion along with a couple dozen of my guildies. I tried to jump back on a few times but the feeling for GW is sort of lost. I don’t know, maybe it disgust or boredom, I just can’t get myself back into it anymore. I think GW is over for me.

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

I quit, sometimes I login for daily reward. Recently have not even been doing that daily. Id say 70% or more of my friends list/guild has disappeared/quit. Also they were not casual, we all did WvW daily for at least 2-4 hours. Majority quit due to changes made in the game. Way more people quit this game than many realize.

Posted by: Nythrilyn.2146

Nythrilyn.2146

I honestly wouldn’t even look at what they sold, how much they made (even though I had heard it was less than they anticipated)
When a game goes Free to Play .. you know there is issues

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

We had a medium sized WvWvW fight guild of around 25 total, 13-18 regulars, that dwindled to about 3-4 logging in periodically to pug it up, roam or solo/duo queue. We still game together, just not in GW2.

Why? Because WvWvW is a mess and not even worth transferring to find some fun.

• The new desert borderlands are not conducive to fights since traversing it is convoluted and objectives aren’t placed strategically so it offers offensive and defensive minded players very little. It becomes a pointless place to be more often than not.
  • The more frequent queue for EBG on some servers isn’t a plus either.
  • Gimmicky combat advantages tucked away behind a grind and lots of gold. Resources that would be downright silly to chase only or even mostly by playing WvWvW.
  • More PvE grind for certain stat combinations. Once again pushing players away from the mode they’d prefer to play
  • New specializations that amplified the resulting power creep from the mid 2015 trait changes. Most core builds just pale in comparison. Some skills seem poorly conceptualized (looking at you CoR)
  • Added CCs with when stability stacks were already short supply
  • Last but not least, constant delaying tactics and silence even after saying the mode was going to be a priority since Anet didn’t reach their WvWvW goals for HoT.

The mode had serious, long standing issues and was suffering obvious player drop off before the frustration brought on by the expansion. Some were holding on for a population boom that never came and there are those who are just refusing to stick around hoping they can stomach whatever mysterious features are in the works (given the track record with WvWvW changes).

My friendslist and guild roster was going dark and HoT just escalated it.

Whispers with meat.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

The MMO-genre in general is having a rough phase currently. I know there are people who love to point out how other games are flourishing and GW2 is the dead-weight of MMO’s but that is not correct.

League of Legends possibly have more active-players nowadays than all MMO’s combined.

Posted by: Mcfrumpy.9385

Mcfrumpy.9385

I know some of my friends that were the most loyal players left because of lack of content. I heard they didn’t make new dungeons because stats showed not many people run them, but I would have loved to seen a few new dungeons. Honestly for the price of the expansion I was kind of of expecting the same amount of content as the original game and it was not there.

There are a lot of good games that came out/are coming out that, unless anet makes new content that is attractive to existing and former players, I see more people moving to. I don’t play GW2 very much honestly and couldn’t get that into the expansion either, but there’s a soft place in my heart for this game and the community.

I really hope anet can create some content that gets people excited again because I honestly think this game still has great potential to expand on what it created.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

On the contrary, none of the HoT maps are designed for people that “have a life”.

I agree. Too much grinding and waiting for enough others to do some events.

Yup. Grind this to grind this to grind another this to get a piece of that…

Inventory full of blue and green trash to salvage for luck that is basically worthless.

Professions designed to spam #1 and do a couple dodge rolls…

Profession “roles” are basically nonexistent.

And the devs wonder why the game isn’t more successful and the turn over rate from play for free to but to play isn’t better.

The grind is to cover up major game flaws basically. HoT only highlights this even more.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Manasa Devi.7958

LOL you brought it up, I merely pointed out the flaws.

I brought up what I said I brought up, not what you think I brought up. Read the thread from the start, all posts, every last word. Don’t obsess over a single phrase taken out of context.

No need to beat around the bush mate, just come out and state " I wanted more mindless farm maps with low particpation requirments".

OK, I’ll come out. I have never farmed anything, ever. I detest zerg play and I don’t do it more than I need to achieve things I want to achieve. I haven’t done a world boss in weeks.

Unless there is overwhelming voices like that for the full price expac with no bonus slot or the reskinned t3 human, they won’t pay any mind.

They are paying mind. Colin J. has announced accessibility changes to the HoT maps/metas coming with the spring update.

At the end of the day silverwaste map is still open…..

Yeah, I know. Nice for the people who like to play there. I’ve been done with it for many months.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Guildies wanted Dungeons – more of them.
Fractals – got killed. They did them for a bit – faceroll easy booring swampland each time.,

End Result: Logout Play other games.
Strong > 30-40 active guild down [>300 peeps] to 10 (at most) who can be bothered to log in.

ANET kittened up.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Rindviech.5041

Rindviech.5041

I actually started to play this game again(after a bigger break) because of HoT, and i still play it, and hell i love it. Maps are wonderful, music is wonderful, have always enough people on maps, finished my precursor legend(around 600g→300g cheaper than in market, with more patience, it would be soooooooo much cheaper) and build the bifröst, encountered a negative guy in vb wich said we will not beat a t4 night because of not enough people/unorg→hell we did a t4 night and laughed him out :P