Melee staff holding stance

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

I think that while the melee staff skill animations are great, the holding and running stance should be like the caster’s holding and running stance(current staff stance).

Holding and running with the staff like a hammer just doesn’t seem right.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Totally agreed, looks horrible, goofy. Should be either how caster’s currently hold staves or maybe some fancy kungkittenstance, partially behind or something like that.

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

I already posted this request (among other things, that need to be changed) in the bug forum.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Fix-the-new-auto-attack-animations-please/first#post5359920

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Totally agreed, looks horrible, goofy. Should be either how caster’s currently hold staves or maybe some fancy kungkittenstance, partially behind or something like that.

If the forum censored “Kungfu”, that’s hilarious

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

I actually quite like the hammer carry, at least on asura. Not everyone hates it, and I for one would be disappointed to see it being carried in the same style as casters do.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

I actually quite like the hammer carry, at least on asura.

And on Asura, it bugs out the most.

Tuomir.1830

I actually quite like the hammer carry, at least on asura.

And on Asura, it bugs out the most.

Sure, the transition could be smoother, but that’s not what this is about, is it? As I see it, this thread is strictly about holding the staff via two hands, like a hammer, or with one hand, as spellcasters carry it. And seeing as the revenant uses the staff for striking purposes, I prefer the two handed grip.

Posted by: frednought.1238

frednought.1238

Oh, noooo. That’d look fine for male characters and norn, but have you seen the staff idle that female humans and sylvari use? That doesn’t look like you’re going to hit someone with it, it looks like you’re going to poledance on it. Keep the hammer grip, please.

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

I want my Rev to hold his staff like the “Endless Monkey King Tonic” does! It just looks like he’s about to crack one off on someone’s head!

Attachments:

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

(edited by KronosBaelfire.6289)

Posted by: Enrif.7359

Enrif.7359

i like the curremt hammerstaff stance. makes sense for an staff fighter. Revs are not martialartists like monks or thiefs, so no thanks to crazy monkey stance

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i like the curremt hammerstaff stance. makes sense for an staff fighter. Revs are not martialartists like monks or thiefs, so no thanks to crazy monkey stance

actually from the auto attacks, you can tell anet intended them to be martial artists

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I also made a similar thread here, check it out. I agree that the melee staff stance should be revamped.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Suggestion-Melee-Staff-Combat-Stance/first#post5317879

I want my Rev to hold his staff like the “Endless Monkey King Tonic” does! It just looks like he’s about to crack one off on someone’s head!

Hmm… for a revenant, I’m not too sure how good that’d look considering they’re a warrior-like, heavy armor profession and all. Now if thieves get a melee staff as their elite spec, however, I would absolutely love for them to wield it in this fashion, especially if it’s very acrobatic and stylish.

Monkey King!!!

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

I also made a similar thread here, check it out. I agree that the melee staff stance should be revamped.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Suggestion-Melee-Staff-Combat-Stance/first#post5317879

Hmm… for a revenant, I’m not too sure how good that’d look considering they’re a warrior-like, heavy armor profession and all. Now if thieves get a melee staff as their elite spec, however, I would absolutely love for them to wield it in this fashion, especially if it’s very acrobatic and stylish.

Monkey King!!!

Ok, if my thief got the Monkey King stance for melee staff, I think I will finally have a reason to play my thief more often!

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Seabreeze.8437

Monkey King!!!

Ok, if my thief got the Monkey King stance for melee staff, I think I will finally have a reason to play my thief more often!

Right on! I think it’d be a perfect fit for thieves. Plus Anet already has the animation data already in the game. Just make that their default stance with the staff and you’ve got yourself an awesome-looking fighting style!

Let’s face it, if they held their staff like a 2-handed hammer, it’d look really lame and not very fitting for a class as nimble as the thief.

Tuomir.1830

Monkey King!!!

Right on! I think it’d be a perfect fit for thieves. Plus Anet already has the animation data already in the game. Just make that their default stance with the staff and you’ve got yourself an awesome-looking fighting style!

Let’s face it, if they held their staff like a 2-handed hammer, it’d look really lame and not very fitting for a class as nimble as the thief.

Animation for Monkey King =/= animation for playable races. I would wager the monkey king has a special animation rig, incompatible with the rigs used by playable races. Meaning, the animation couldn’t be just copy pasted on player characters.

Seabreeze.8437

Animation for Monkey King =/= animation for playable races. I would wager the monkey king has a special animation rig, incompatible with the rigs used by playable races. Meaning, the animation couldn’t be just copy pasted on player characters.

Yeah, I guess you’ve got a point. I’m certain that the playable races have a much more complicated rig than a model used as a tonic. Still, I’d love to see this animation adapted for the thief if we indeed get a melee staff. I personally think it’d fit so well given the nature of thieves.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

i disagree. i like the hammer stance on melee staff

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

This, a million times this! I’ve been asking for it since day 1!

They are staves, they are not as heavy as a hammer! They should be wielded like this (managed to catch my revenant in a good position ^^)

Attachments:

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.