Mobs difficulty feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Looks like if you talk to the Itzel vendors they will be used to buy stuff from them and/or other new Heart of Maguuma race vendors.

That being once my Maguuma specific masteries are done, why do I need to go back to Maguuma? Well, I guess the Guild Hall… I mean, I play the game for loot, social time with the guildies, more loot, some challenge, loots, relaxing, and loot.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Time to bring projectile blocking skills. My reaper pretty much kill them on sight while the tempest got nailed by those kitten. Berseker gear get shot like 1200-1300 × 5 shots.And they crit pretty often every 3 shot like 3000-5000 DMG. While typical Ele got like 15K HP which mean they are down in one burst.

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Breaking News! Glass cannon shatters like glass!
Grab some vitality gear

Posted by: Jimson.5168

Jimson.5168

LOL. What would bring you back here time and again? How about some utterly necessary mat you need to support your Guild Hall requiring hundreds and you have to fight through never-ending mobs to get maybe 3-5 a day?

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

Difficulty now is debatable, but the problem is, how much fun do you think it will be several months in?
I could see a lot of the people lauding the challenge become annoyed with the mobs as time goes by.

That’s why I don’t get the outrage about nerfing. It’s never, ever a one-time thing. Balancing is addressed over time, whether it’s mob difficulty, classes and whatever. Too difficult? Adjust it and make it easier. Got too easy? Adjust it and make it harder. Threads like this is pointless because of it. Some want something nerfed, others don’t. In the end, we can’t please both, so ANet will do what they think is best, as always. If that kittenes off a few fans, then so be it, as long as it makes tons others happy.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

. I mean, I play the game for loot, social time with the guildies, more loot, some challenge, loots, relaxing, and loot.

How can you say that here ? The only real answer in the forums is : i play for challenge
moar challenge and even moar endless challenge ankitten ot interestet in loot at all.
Oh and ofc every second where my pulse is under 180 is a lost second ^^

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

I love the difficulty of the new mobs! People who die constantly in the beta zone are not playing right. Beware, some are tough and its ideal to stick with 2-3 people.

When I read this, I just started to think those players who are playing alone and don’t have friends to play with.

This comment tells to those people, Do Not Buy HoT. Keep away this expansion and stick with original game. I am just wondering, is it good marketing to ArenaNet. Is that ArenaNet’s business modell to keep some players out of the expansion?

When we are doing testing, we should think about everybody who might to come play this game. Is it suitable to those too who are playing alone, and don’t have any friends.

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

NOOO!!! Don’t nerf them! I think they are fine as they are. So many Zerker players who can’t play zerker complaining. It’s about time that there are some content in PvE where you can’t go zerker and just roflstomp the whole world. Time for some players to learn to play.

It hardly matters. Snipers deal so much freaking damage, a duo or trio of them are able to down a tank in just 2- 3 secs. If u’re caught off guard by a pack of snipers, you’re essentially already dead, defensive gear wouldn’t help one bit. Snipers fights are abnormally unforgiving and leave very little room for error.

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

Grab some vitality gear

Try to take on a trio of snipers with PVT gear and see what happens; unless you have NPCs/other players to divide their attention, u will get downed almost instantly (unless your’e using a reflect build, that is).

Posted by: RaymondFung.2805

RaymondFung.2805

Just dodge. Problem solved. Really obvious attack animation and a red mark on your head. Just dodge at right time and they are really not a problem.

My warrior cannot dodge as she just run out of endurance (Anet just nerf endurance regeneration), and lost 80% of HP (she has about 2.8x K to Armor) by 2 of this guys.

Yes, I can block the attack but my block skill have long CD and they have short CD skill.

In addition, this guys seem can dodge attack as well : )

(edited by RaymondFung.2805)

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I really hope they don’t nerf any creature before we get a chance to learn to deal with them.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

RaymondFung.2805

Grab some vitality gear

Try to take on a trio of snipers with PVT gear and see what happens; unless you have NPCs/other players to divide their attention, u will get downed almost instantly (unless your’e using a reflect build, that is).

My warrior have 2800 armor and lost most of my hp. Do I need PPT to have 3300 armor ?

I think I am inside FOTM level 20 + in the past / the lunch of the FOTM

Posted by: Pengy.9580

Pengy.9580

No they should not be tuned down, something challenging this game, what a shocker. There are plenty of other areas where you can afk and press auto attack. Lets not have HoT be one. Thanks.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I hope all devs read this! I love those mobs, and surely I will master combat after some time, but as they are they’re a fine example of how mobs should be. I just feel bad because my melee setup can’t help against that giant dinosaur knockdown charging at me haha, but I can live with that. Stun helps.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Hi, I play melee, I use “Shock and Aftershock!” to grant everyone around me a Magnetic Aura, it kills that mob almost instantly. Good bye.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

RaymondFung.2805

They seem a bit OP to me too, but if someone can tell me something I’m missing that would be great.

Dealing with them on my own is easy enough, but the biggest issue imo is that unlike other dangerous mobs (teragriffs, etc) neither they nor their attacks seem to have very much visual presence, so I don’t notice them in big events until I’m lying on the floor in three intersecting not!Fiery Rush trails. If I could tell them apart from other humanoid mordrem mobs or if their attacks had bigger tells it would feel manageable, but as it is now they seem kind of cheap.

Otherwise I’m loving the rest of the enemies in Verdant Brink.

The thing is they have very little health so it’s really easy to burst them down and their projectile is really slow.

Yes, the projectile is really slow but u have no place to dodge and kite

Posted by: clownwolf.3690

clownwolf.3690

Having a sniper spawn behind me and killing my zerk tempest in 1-hit is so ridiculous.

The only place I take zerker gear off is on Arah, WvW, and PvP. Since the snipers are a white common, I’ll have to add HoT to that list since I have to assume that snipers will eventually spawn behind me when I’m talking to npcs or something.

Its hard enough to get casuals with zerk gear on dungeons. Anet forcing cheap gear on people so they can survive HoT will make casuals with zerkers even rarer.

That actually sounds like a great development. Sounds to me like a lot of less new players who repeatedly kiss the floor in the literally first fight of the fist dungeon after reading how you can only run Berserk in such a poor, supereasy dungeons as AC is one because you would loose valuable time when running it in another, a little more stable gear and hinder your pro zerker friends by being incompetent or badly equipped.

I never use the word “zerk” on my lfgs. Getting 4 zerkers is a godsend, but usually there is only 1 other guy running with it.

More casuals running and learning with zerk is a good thing. The fact that you can get 1-hit while gliding or talking to npcs means more people will go and hide behind a wall of vit and toughness. I find the irony of you people telling us zerkers to l2p amusing.

The Beta is not hard. Everything else not named Mordrem sniper is not dangerous to me. The Veteran dinosaurs have pointless damage right now. The fact that I have to deal less damage to these mobs because of the Mordrem Sniper is pretty dumb.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Having a sniper spawn behind me and killing my zerk tempest in 1-hit is so ridiculous.

The only place I take zerker gear off is on Arah, WvW, and PvP. Since the snipers are a white common, I’ll have to add HoT to that list since I have to assume that snipers will eventually spawn behind me when I’m talking to npcs or something.

Its hard enough to get casuals with zerk gear on dungeons. Anet forcing cheap gear on people so they can survive HoT will make casuals with zerkers even rarer.

That actually sounds like a great development. Sounds to me like a lot of less new players who repeatedly kiss the floor in the literally first fight of the fist dungeon after reading how you can only run Berserk in such a poor, supereasy dungeons as AC is one because you would loose valuable time when running it in another, a little more stable gear and hinder your pro zerker friends by being incompetent or badly equipped.

I never use the word “zerk” on my lfgs. Getting 4 zerkers is a godsend, but usually there is only 1 other guy running with it.

More casuals running and learning with zerk is a good thing. The fact that you can get 1-hit while gliding or talking to npcs means more people will go and hide behind a wall of vit and toughness. I find the irony of you people telling us zerkers to l2p amusing.

The Beta is not hard. Everything else not named Mordrem sniper is not dangerous to me. The Veteran dinosaurs have pointless damage right now. The fact that I have to deal less damage to these mobs because of the Mordrem Sniper is pretty dumb.

You dont have to, these snipers take a long time to charge and have the most obvious tell in the game, i’m playing a rampager revenant and i’ve not been downed once by them in the last let’s say 2 hours i’m playing, and i’m melee… + Stop the kittening stories about being oneshot, it take at least 2 ticks of the line damage and these ticks are almost a second appart.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

RaymondFung.2805

Even you wear PVT set and u will get kill when adjust build or skill, check you inventory.

HoT just like SW, there are not much place for u take rest.
Sorry ! I know I reach only 2 way points on the map.

RaymondFung.2805

You dont have to, these snipers take a long time to charge and have the most obvious tell in the game, i’m playing a rampager revenant and i’ve not been downed once by them in the last let’s say 2 hours i’m playing, and i’m melee… + Stop the kittening stories about being oneshot, it take at least 2 ticks of the line damage and these ticks are almost a second appart.

My warrior lost most of HP after hit by them. They use a skill hit u multiple time in a short period of time. So some people think that they get kill by a hit.

When u check the combat log, u will see " xxxx hit u 1xxx " multiple times

Revenant have skill to avoid range attack and able attack mob at same time but not all class can do that

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

Theres nothing wrong with the snipers ,first time i was suprised and observed managed to rally recovered and never had a problem with one or two on my mesmer after the initial shock.Three then have to think more.

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Agreed, mixed feelings on snipers though, but eh leave em be, i remember encountering a sniper champion, lets just say it did not die xD

I would rather adjust the Scaling of the Snipers. Not going for more Health and Damage but having Toughness as the Main Attribute to scale up, with Presicion and a bit of Vitality as secondaries. ( as a fast suggestion )

Different Mobs need different Scaling. If a Mob is a Glass Cannon, you need to make sure that it even Scaled up, it is still Squishy ( even if it is Squishy to just Condis ), you just can’t make a Squishy Mob Scale to an HP Sponge with Huge Power. It would be just kittenty.

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

It’s really astonishing how narrow minded and stupid most people are on this thread maybe even the entire forum.

“I have no problem with those enemy therefore everyone else should not have any problems with them, too.”

You’re inability to realize that people are different and may have technical problems too is digusting.
I really hope ANet does NOT listen to any of you.

(edited by Kashrlyyk.5364)

Posted by: neilug hyuga.5634

neilug hyuga.5634

In before a lot of Q.Q from players…

Finally ! You did challenging monsters, which are strong, deals damage, and need strategy to kill.

For example, the Fog Monster : it doesn’t take any damage when it is in its fog… The first time I got rekt, and then… I understood !
Same for Charging Dino : no damage on the front, only on the side or behind.

All I want to say, is THANK YOU. It has been a while I didn’t had that much fun and challenge in PvE combat.

But I fear.

I know that Mordrems Dogs got nerfed, because of retaliation, and most of people where just attacking dumbly, and got reket by their own, so Arenanet decided to nerf that.

Please, stop casual. Everyone at the end will be able to know how to fight, it will just take less or more time for someone.

Don’t make what kill the games today : if a level is too high, instead of puting that level down, and make it easier, just let it that way. It’s Darwinism. Player will success at the end, no matter what.

Posted by: neilug hyuga.5634

neilug hyuga.5634

kitten, I didn’t saw that there were a topic about it. Well one more is not that bad xD.

I TOTALLY agree ! DON’T NERF THE MOBS !

RaymondFung.2805

I agree with this 100% I love the new mobs AI so much now, I feel like you cant stand around stacking anymore, its fantastic. Some of these mobs just destroy people who are lazy.

Totally agree. When I just want to walk by side to avoid 2 smokescale, they come to attack me and at the same time I just aggro another vent smokerscale and get kill by them with 3 x shadow attack

I just die not too far from my start WP

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

In before a lot of Q.Q from players…

Finally ! You did challenging monsters, which are strong, deals damage, and need strategy to kill.

For example, the Fog Monster : it doesn’t take any damage when it is in its fog… The first time I got rekt, and then… I understood !
Same for Charging Dino : no damage on the front, only on the side or behind.

All I want to say, is THANK YOU. It has been a while I didn’t had that much fun and challenge in PvE combat.

But I fear.

I know that Mordrems Dogs got nerfed, because of retaliation, and most of people where just attacking dumbly, and got reket by their own, so Arenanet decided to nerf that.

Please, stop casual. Everyone at the end will be able to know how to fight, it will just take less or more time for someone.

Don’t make what kill the games today : if a level is too high, instead of puting that level down, and make it easier, just let it that way. It’s Darwinism. Player will success at the end, no matter what.

I also hope they will give us plenty of time to learn how to kill the mobs before just nerfing them. I still haven’t figured out the Smokescale and when they come in pairs they are certainly deadly, but a bit of time and experimenting and I’ll get it. Please no nerfs until well after release — then if it’s needed I won’t complain. But, give us time to rise to the challenge.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

actually I find them still too easy.

to explain. During the first closed beta I played revenant, I had some serious issues with some foes, but obviously, I couldnt judge cause I was playing an unknown class (and not yet at its full potential cause we only had two weapons and two legends).

So this time I decided to note exactly my guardians build. Roll a new guardian. copy the build and see how that goes. It is actually easy and no challenge. I see all kinds of revenants left and right of me dropping dead, while I steamroll through it.

No I don’t think the revenant is weak. But it is new and we miss the learning curve of levelling it up and learning to play it properly and find the right builds and rotations. That makes people say the mobs are too hard. They are absolutly fine and actually too easy to my taste.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m liking the sound of this! Fighting mobs and having to dodge, sounds great! This might make me pre HoT so I can have a go. This sounds like what GW2 was like during Beta and launch. Where you couldn’t just stand there and get smacked in the face and still kill the mobs. Good times!

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Walhalla.5473

Well I believe that 95% of the GW2 Players would be able to steamroll the new Mobs after some time ( some faster some slower but they would be able to do this ), but only if these People stop for a Moment and think about the Situation instead of just PRessing 1 to win. The Silverwastes Mobs were a Wake Up Call from Anet to show us that things aren’t going to get easier but harder. We all knew from SW and the Announcement that this is the direction we are going..

@neilug: Its not the Casuals who are whining about the difficulty, its ( as always ) the ones who just don’t want to put in some effort to learn the new Mobs and just want to grab free loot with 1 pressing.

@ Anet: Please. Don’t nerf the Mobs. They are, for the most Part, fine and a perfect second Wake Up Call. The only Thing I would like to see would to see other Stats being affected by Scaling other than just Vitality and Power.

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

It’s really astonishing how narrow minded and stupid most people are on this thread maybe even the entire forum.

“I have no problem with those enemy therefore everyone else should not have any problems with them, too.”

You’re inability to realize that people are different and may have technical problems too is digusting.

So you are saying the game should reward people that are not skilled or aren’t paying attention? Technical problem? That is not the game’s problem, you might just as well say that to everything.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Walhalla.5473

Most of the People I’ve seen complaining about something being too strong were just too lazy to even think about how something can work. Most of them even insulted Players who were giving them Tips or ignored them, they just wanted to hear the same from others, hoping that Anet would Nerf Things enough, so they can mindlessly go through any Kind of new Content. So nobody should be surprised if a “XXX is too hard” will get negative responses.

There are few Exeptions and these People listened to the Advise of others who were better and guess what, they could do the Content they thought that it would be impossible.

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

Uh. There’s one person who is complaining that they are too tough and people point in general they are not. If no one points out that they are fine then anet probably nerfs the mobs which is again clearly something people do not want.

It has less to do with insulting the OP and more to do with the fact that mobs should not be nerfed just because a few people can’t handle them, and letting anet know that. There are even really good pointers about how to approach the situation. If anything the OP has very aggressive attitude towards anyone who disagrees.

The OP is playing a class which should have very little trouble with them and still has trouble. I don’t see too many posts which actually outright insult the OP unless you somehow count L2P as insult. We have had very little time to play and adjust our builds to new challenges so it’s a L2P situation for a lot of folks. Nothing bad in that.

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I love that difficulty on mobs. They hit hard, they strike you with knock back skills, they can be immune to damage if you hit them on the head or in the back, they can kill you quickly.

I really LOVE IT!!!!!!

Please, Please, KEEP THE MOB DIFFICULT LIKE IT IS ACTUALLY!!!!!!

Don’t nerf mobs, please!

It’s funny, it’s hard, you can’t yust run berserker and kil leverything like a god, you have to dodge, make a good build, use defensive trinkets or armor to nbe enough defensive to survive.

That high damage can make a bunker or mid-bunker build finally be usefull in PvE!!!!

PLEASE DON’T NERF MOBS!!!

RaymondFung.2805

Please do also keep the mob everywhere , popup anytime anywhere.

I enjoy keep hitting by them when I just looking at the map .

I enjoy when I fight with a Tendril, another Tendril pop not far away. The area full of red circle : ). Suddenly, 2 more Vent beetle popup and join the party.
When the 2 Teandril and beetle leave the party ( thank for other player join the party ).and I want to leave too, another mob do not let me go ……… : )

clownwolf.3690

The fact that people tell me its impossible to get killed in 1-hit is pretty telling of who I’m dealing with.

Having your V/T characters survive a mordrem rapid shot from behind or when gliding does not make you skilled. Get over yourself.

Running zerker means getting killed when you make a mistake. Running zerkers shouldn’t mean getting killed in 1 hit by a trash mob that spawns behind you.

Again, the issue is with the Sniper. The rest of the HoT mobs are fine when running zerker. Stop implying that zerkers are getting destroyed by gimpy veteran dinosaurs.

RaymondFung.2805

Saying they are easy is simply not true for all classes. Mesmer’s should have no issue with them. Pop feedback on them when they do their rapid fire, and they die instantly. That in itself should tell you how OP their attack is. They can destroy Necromancers, becasue they don’t have reflects or ageis of any kind. Its easy to say “just dodge” but when you are fighting a mob, saving your dodges for one sniper is unrealistic. Especially when those guys with the hammers lay down their huge AoE attack.

Totally agree, u can dodge any attack but not all attack.

Now, I heard that u may run and kite to another group of mob

Fox.3469

Saying they are easy is simply not true for all classes. Mesmer’s should have no issue with them. Pop feedback on them when they do their rapid fire, and they die instantly. That in itself should tell you how OP their attack is. They can destroy Necromancers, becasue they don’t have reflects or ageis of any kind. Its easy to say “just dodge” but when you are fighting a mob, saving your dodges for one sniper is unrealistic. Especially when those guys with the hammers lay down their huge AoE attack.

Totally agree, u can dodge any attack but all attack.

This attack is perfectly avoidable by walking out even, 1 tick of it doesn’t kill you even in berserker gear.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Common enemies should use more boons! So far none does so. Necromancers are one profession that suffers on the lack, since they have the power to convert them into conditions!

Also add common enemies that utilize conditions as damage source! Not enough conditions on players!

So far, my combat experience has been very mobile and rewarding when I succeed on killing foe.

Hopefully, there won’t be any foes that makes combat into “stand-spam-DPS-passive defense”

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

So we are in the same boat when I say that Zerk armor is unforgiving for a new/slow reflex player who could have survived the hit in Knight/Valkyrie/Soldier Armor cause it had given them more time to react or for a healing power like Signet of Courage to kick in? Nobody is suggesting that the more experienced and skilled player should not use Berserk, but there should be viable alternatives to it.

The Ele can even partly compensate his lack of take down power with Valkyrie armor to a degree by using Arcane Power with a base cooldown of 45 seconds. Not meta, but we are just talking about basic mob management here.

clownwolf.3690

This attack is perfectly avoidable by walking out even, 1 tick of it doesn’t kill you even in berserker gear.

This has been told to you repeatedly, and you still keep talking about that snipe attack.

We are talking about that Volley attack that hits 5x for 4k per crit. What part of this is confusing or hard to believe?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

NOOO!!! Don’t nerf them! I think they are fine as they are. So many Zerker players who can’t play zerker complaining. It’s about time that there are some content in PvE where you can’t go zerker and just roflstomp the whole world. Time for some players to learn to play.

Doesn’t matter the gear from my experience. Zerker or not, if you have more than one sniper you’re going to have a bad time if you’re alone. Surprisingly, though, they die the fastest to my zerker reaper staff w/wells.

It hardly matters. Snipers deal so much freaking damage, a duo or trio of them are able to down a tank in just 2- 3 secs. If u’re caught off guard by a pack of snipers, you’re essentially already dead, defensive gear wouldn’t help one bit. Snipers fights are abnormally unforgiving and leave very little room for error.

Personally from my experience my Zerker Guard got downed by a Sniper in the two first hits of the rapid fire. My Necro Cleric MM Reaper mix did survive a whole attack from their rapid fire. My Cleric revenant … well Since I shielded all rapid fires I dunno.

Snipers seems to be a mix of Warriors and rangers, they have Snipe and Rapid fire what I know of and they tend to dodge Knockbacks. Snipe gives a big nice target over your head, dodge, evade or block it and you are fine but ye that skill one-shots you but it is such an easy tell. Rapid fire is both hard to dodge, Evade and block but it won’t kill you if you play your cards right. Now if you have managed to do some damage to the Sniper they are probably nearly dead and you can Rally on them. I think they works as intended even though I am strongly against One-shot mechanics.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

This has been told to you repeatedly, and you still keep talking about that snipe attack.

We are talking about that Volley attack that hits 5x for 4k per crit. What part of this is confusing or hard to believe?

Interupt, CC, reflect, block, dodge, weakness, blind, LoS, spike them dead first. You have so many options to deal with these mobs. If you can’t kill them after a single evening then you need to try harder and get more experience. Imagine someone playing their first game of chess can’t work out what Knights do and asks them to be removed from the game, we would all laugh.

You just need more experience, don’t dilute the expansion just because you didn’t faceroll your first attempt.

Posted by: KDXX.9520

KDXX.9520

Added difficulty is great IF you’re in an event, IN a group. If you’re not, by the time you “carefully” wade through the mobs that are much more difficult and have a HUGE aggro range, the event you are trying to reach will be over, which means you wasted all the time you fought your way in that direction.

Harder mobs are great when they’re tucked away in a corner or an instance, but for open world where you participation is reliant on mobility as much as firepower, not so great.

I hope Anet gets the message and makes the mobs during events harder, and open world spawns much weaker.

clownwolf.3690

5360kittenwolf.3690:

Interupt, CC, reflect, block, dodge, weakness, blind, LoS, spike them dead first. You have so many options to deal with these mobs. If you can’t kill them after a single evening then you need to try harder and get more experience. Imagine someone playing their first game of chess can’t work out what Knights do and asks them to be removed from the game, we would all laugh.

You just need more experience, don’t dilute the expansion just because you didn’t faceroll your first attempt.

I have also repeated this over and over. It spawned behind me. I was standing on a ledge looking for a place to glide to when I was killed by a volley. Are you going to suggest that I rotate my camera 360° every few seconds now?

If you would look at Torolan’s comments, this is not a combat mechanic problem. This is a build problem. Zerkers are now even more unforgiving because a trash mob sniper can spawn from behind and kill us before the volley even ends. No casual player will want to use zerkers because of this. If they don’t use it on explorable maps, how will they learn to use it at all?

(edited by clownwolf.3690)

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Added difficulty is great IF you’re in an event, IN a group. If you’re not, by the time you “carefully” wade through the mobs that are much more difficult and have a HUGE aggro range, the event you are trying to reach will be over, which means you wasted all the time you fought your way in that direction.

Harder mobs are great when they’re tucked away in a corner or an instance, but for open world where you participation is reliant on mobility as much as firepower, not so great.

I hope Anet gets the message and makes the mobs during events harder, and open world spawns much weaker.

In my opinion they should be capable, regardess if they’re in a event or not. Aggro range can be lowered, but their capabilities should never be weakened in solo play.

We don’t need another Risen army that fought against the lion guard, but it’s revealed that the Risen are super squishy, with no abilities or combat capabilities, thus the Lion Guard are the worst possible force that can’t handle incapable walking corpses.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

5360kittenwolf.3690:

I have also repeated this over and over. It spawned behind me. I was standing on a ledge looking for a place to glide to when I was killed by a volley. Are you going to suggest that I rotate my camera 360° every few seconds now?

If you would look at Torolan’s comments, this is not a combat mechanic problem. This is a build problem. Zerkers are now even more unforgiving because a trash mob sniper can spawn from behind and kill us before the volley even ends. No casual player will want to use zerkers because of this. If they don’t use it on explorable maps, how will they learn to use it at all?

So just to check, this one time you got shot in the back and didn’t react fast enough because your attention was on something else and that means the mob is too strong and needs nerf’d? Ridiculous.

On the topic of Zerk being unforgiving – its meant to be.. Its the least tanky possible setup in the game, how can you possibly ask for it to be forgiving? Guess what when something is less forgiving people need to learn and try things to improve their gameplay – something we should all desire.

Fox.3469

Yeah, if i have to teach you how to knockdown or stun or blind or daze or whatever, common man.

RaymondFung.2805

When walk away, I aggro another mob.

This mob hit u will rapid fire with mult. attack in short period of time.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Yeah, if i have to teach you how to knockdown or stun or blind or daze or whatever, common man.

Blind has barely no effect on their rapid fire attack or their ground target dot, let alone the two together.