Mysterious Stranger

Mysterious Stranger

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Ok, so as we approach the release of Heart of Thorns, I read lots of threads about what will happen and who’ll be there. But I keep thinking about the Mysterious Stranger we saw lurking around during last pieces of the living story.

Who is this, and what is his relevance to the story? Why is he watching over us from high above? Is he a descendant of the White Mantle? Is he working for the Mursaat? Is he Saul D’Alessio?

What are your thoughts on this stranger, and why doesn’t he have a page on the wiki?

He is mentioned here but doesn’t have his own page.

Mysterious Stranger

Posted by: Danel.8573

Danel.8573

I’ve never noticed that stranger before, but it could be that mysterious person, called " E", that interacts with certain characters during Living World Season 1 and 2 and seems to know a lot about what’s going on.

Mysterious Stranger

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I thought he was a centaur and was only mysterious until we found the camp of friendly centaurs?

Mysterious Stranger

Posted by: Kossage.9072

Kossage.9072

Donari, the one you’re thinking of is a different NPC.

The OP is referring to this human NPC who you can spot in the background during the LW Season 2 mission “Tracking the Aspect Masters” as he’s watching the player character’s progress from a ledge in the cave. During the release of the episode, there were many speculations on the forum who this person might’ve been, including this thread where the linked screenshot is from.

I still think E might be Magister Ela Makkay for reasons I’ve posted earlier. As for who this Mysterious Stranger might be, we have too little information to really say one thing or another. Whether he’s related to the “New Kryta” (aka bandits working for the White Mantle) hiding deeper in the Heart of Maguuma as hinted by the items scattered in the Silverwastes or if he’s part of something else remains to be seen. Both the identity of E and this Mysterious Stranger are actually some of the plot threads I look forward to experiencing in Heart of Thorns.

Mysterious Stranger

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Oh interesting. He looks like Wild-Eyed Miller, probably because there is only one full beard available.

Mysterious Stranger

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

Mysterious Stranger

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

I’m just going to leave this here

Attachments:

Certified Gameaholic

Mysterious Stranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Maybe he the human form of the dragon

Mysterious Stranger

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Maybe he the human form of the dragon

We’ve never seen dragons take on human forms in GW though.

Mysterious Stranger

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Have any of our jump masters gotten up there to chat with him yet? I made a few attempts but had no luck.

Mysterious Stranger

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Hmm I’ve got a pocketful of Experimental Teleportation Guns, I might give it a go later I can’t remember exactly where he is though.

Mysterious Stranger

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

“E” is obviously Elminster, keeping an eye on the Bhaalspawn

Mysterious Stranger

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

“E” is obviously Elminster, keeping an eye on the Bhaalspawn

Now who is our Volo? Maybe the guy from Tyrian Explorer’s Guild that keeps writing you when you do map completion.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Mysterious Stranger

Posted by: Turblumber.3125

Turblumber.3125

Helped out a guildie in this mission. Saw him and remembered him, figured I’d hop up there and check him out. I’ve got a screenshot of him submitted to the wiki, I’ll include that below.

As for dialogue, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but all he’s got is the one sided conversation lines.
Mysterious Stranger:
“I like it here.”
“You seem friendly.”
“Are you well?”
“Greetings.”
“Did you need something?”

As for the similarities to the Wild-Eyed Miller model. They seem to be the same models, the rest is all up to y’all.

I’m just a jumper.

Attachments: