Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

In your original comment, it sounded as if you were suggesting that Anet would leave things as they are because people were encouraged to buy additional accounts, thus making them more money. Clearly that is not how you meant it but that is how I (and presumably others) interpreted your comment. There’s no reason to call people obtuse.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

All im saying is that “I FEEL” that they are far too expensive and that they keep putting them in all the recipes without any way of people earning them in a normal fashion. If Anet had a actual gambling system fine but we have a RNG system.

I understand emotional arguments, but they come from your perspective, and that’s something you’re in control of, no one else.

I’m part of a three-person guild which we’ve managed to get to level 44. You can call yours a guild toilet, but I’m proud of what we’ve done with ours. I don’t see my lack of materials as something to bemoan, but instead as proof that I’ve contributed to the best of my abilities. My perspective makes me happy.

You raised an analogy earlier about having your car get changed without your consent by the manufacturer. From that perspective, yeah, that sounds like a terrible affront! But your analogy doesn’t fit. You don’t own your account. You paid for the privilege to play Anet’s game; they own your account. They can do to your account whatever they wish, and you agreed to that from the beginning.

You can choose to see the current price of mystic coins as an obstacle which needs to be fixed because it’s holding you back. I choose to see it as a necessary step in draining the massive supply of mystic coins from the game. Only once those are gone can new sources of mystic coins be addressed. This need for a sink is likely why so many mystic coins are required for items like the guild hall upgrades. Maybe once the supply is gone, rather than adding new sources Anet can reduce the sinks.

I know it’s hard to change perspectives, but if you’re holding on to ones which don’t match reality, then of course you’re going to feel frustration. I have sent off a few harsh emails directly to an Anet dev about some changes in HoT. From my perspective at the time, Anet was giving a middle-finger to a friend of mine. Only when I took a step back and chose to see all sides of the situation did I realize my emotions were in the wrong.

Thats great, im happy for you to feel that way.

So let me look at it from my guild perspective. 1/2 my guild bought HOT the other half did buy GW2 core. So right off the bat 1/2 my guild could not use things such as boosters or the WvW upgrades that we already unlocked in GW2. Strike 1

You are a small guild too and i love that we have alot of heart but we are at level 60 and about 6 of us did all of it. # of use have scribed and didnt cheat with back pieces or WvW schematics. We made walls, book shelves trees, etc etc etc. I literally just spent 160g not including the mats i had to make 3 gold walls, and 3 corner hedges. And this is a discount of what it use to be. Guild halls are really cool but when you are in 20k gold it should be. Then we talk about the the decorating abilities of the Guild Halls. Strike 2

Now we are in to materials, Anet has not given the different crowds ways of getting the necessary items to craft in this game. i brought up MC because i wanted to make the shoulder pc but it seems i will have to wait a couple months for dailies. Yet the only real way to make money and get items in this game is PvE. WvW gets next to nothing and PvP just got a way to get some gold but most of the real PvP players dont care about ascended items and shards of glory is a joke. The people who dont care about MC prices are the hoarders and PvE players.

So big picture as someone who mostly PvP now. Anet allows for mats to sky rocket because of scribing, in guild halls that are simply put there to distract us from the lack of content. All of this would be fine but at the end a holiday shoulder piece would cost 180 gold to make with a item you can not obtain without loggin in everyday for a year for. Big picture strike 3 which is why i made this thread and why people can write ohh its ok or look from the other side. Guess what a plant in the guild hall costs 27 gold to make and its 2 feet and cant be rotated. Prices int he market are a joke.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Sure, but then you’d need to ask yourself a question – why would they start to drain down? It’s not like there will be more incentive to selling.

They’d drain down when the rate of consumption exceeds the rate of generation. Measuring the volume of trade doesn’t matter when it comes to inventories – moving them from one person’s bank to another doesn’t change the total number sitting in all banks.

If inventories are way down because people have been consuming a lot of old coins by making skins in the forge, and that scarcity is driving prices up, then there may be reason to intervene. On the other hand, if prices are up because people are simply demanding higher prices, while building up inventories, there is no reason to intervene.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

I recall anet already mentioning that theyre gonna do something about the mystic coins. They’ve acknowledged the issue.

Careful all you hoarders, resonating sliver 2.0 incoming.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I recall anet already mentioning that theyre gonna do something about the mystic coins. They’ve acknowledged the issue.

Careful all you hoarders, resonating sliver 2.0 incoming.

Really? They said something about leather, but I didn’t see where they said they would address MC

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Quite the opposite. They said they won’t be interfering with market prices until the situation settles down on its own.
The only exception to that, so far, is that they mentioned they will do something about AB multiloot. Which doesn’t introduce any MCs into the market.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

OriOri.8724

Quite the opposite. They said they won’t be interfering with market prices until the situation settles down on its own.
The only exception to that, so far, is that they mentioned they will do something about AB multiloot. Which doesn’t introduce any MCs into the market.

INB4 Anet says

“Guys! We fixed ABML and MC at the same time. We doubled the amount of great and grand chests in each map, and added 1 guaranteed MC to each great and grand chest! Now ABML is balanced with the rest of the game in terms of reward / time invested.”

But seriously I really am curious to see what their solution to ABML will be, and I hope it gets implemented soon, just so we can go ahead and get all of that QQing that will happen out of the way already.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

Glacial Fragments are the new Mystic coins. Glad i hoarded I would assume they drop back to dirt nothing prices after wintersday, but i dunno we’ll see.

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

(edited by Kelly.7019)

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

OriOri.8724

I didn’t realize that the fragments had climbed so high. But I do believe that their price will drop dramatically after Wintersday is over

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

INB4 Anet says

“Guys! We fixed ABML and MC at the same time. We doubled the amount of great and grand chests in each map, and added 1 guaranteed MC to each great and grand chest! Now ABML is balanced with the rest of the game in terms of reward / time invested.”

But seriously I really am curious to see what their solution to ABML will be, and I hope it gets implemented soon, just so we can go ahead and get all of that QQing that will happen out of the way already.

Probably just dump the rares into a completion pop up chest that you get when you beat the event.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

INB4 Anet says

Removing the guaranteed rare from the chest would put a quick end to it. Even if it dropped to a 25% chance most people would stop since it would be competitive with other HoT maps, silverwastes, and LW3 maps.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Astralporing.1957

INB4 Anet says

Removing the guaranteed rare from the chest would put a quick end to it. Even if it dropped to a 25% chance most people would stop since it would be competitive with other HoT maps, silverwastes, and LW3 maps.

That would be a bad way to do it. AB rewards are just fine, for the meta they are hidden behind. It’s only the ability to get multiple completion rewards out of a single attempt that makes it highly problematic. Nerf the base rewards however, and instead of discouraging multiing, you will make it the only way to do the event (as the single-instance completion would be underrewarding).

So, the solution that is required would need to remain the normal completion rewards unchanged, nerfing only the multiinstance component.

The best way, suggested long ago, would be to make some limit on number of grand chests you can open (as there are 5 grand chests in a succesful instance, and all instances end up around the same time, a limit of 5 grand chests per 15 minutes per account would solve the problem completely without hurting the people doing it the expected way).

Actions, not words.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

How about making it so the last chest at the end of the catacomb is a special chest that drops 4-5 rares at the cost of 2 keys. And for the rest all other chests ancient chests as a container, which have a 50%blue, 40%, green and 9%rare and 1%exotic?

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

OriOri.8724

The best way is to just give players a buff that allows them to loot 1 grand chest for each stack of the buff. Successful completion of a meta would award you with 3 stacks of the buff, the other 2 stacks you would earn by doing events prior to the octovine itself. It could function almost exactly the same as the Perseverance buff in the Silverwastes.

This way, they can transfer maps as much as they want to, but still only loot 5 grand chests. No change to the chests, no change to drop tables needed. Just this one simple buff.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Ayrilana.1396

The best way is to just give players a buff that allows them to loot 1 grand chest for each stack of the buff. Successful completion of a meta would award you with 3 stacks of the buff, the other 2 stacks you would earn by doing events prior to the octovine itself. It could function almost exactly the same as the Perseverance buff in the Silverwastes.

This way, they can transfer maps as much as they want to, but still only loot 5 grand chests. No change to the chests, no change to drop tables needed. Just this one simple buff.

Which requires programming and testing. It may seem simple but it isn’t. Substantially easier to just add the rares to the pop up completion chests when you beat the event.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Ramoth.5162

Ramoth.5162

I sell every one I get. If Arena Net would let me sell all of the stupid account bound crap, I would be grateful. I will NOT craft. At least let me get rid of all this garbage in a way that is good for me.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I sell every one I get. If Arena Net would let me sell all of the stupid account bound crap, I would be grateful. I will NOT craft. At least let me get rid of all this garbage in a way that is good for me.

ANet already provided a way to get rid of it that is good for you, crafting. Your personal choice to refuse doing that is not their problem.

You absolutely have the freedom to do whatever you wish, but don’t mistake that for a right to have your choices be consequence-free.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

ANet already provided a way to get rid of it that is good for you, crafting. Your personal choice to refuse doing that is not their problem.

You absolutely have the freedom to do whatever you wish, but don’t mistake that for a right to have your choices be consequence-free.

You are mistaken about it not being ANet ’s problem.

Anything that alienates, reduces engagement of, or disenfranchises potential paying customers is a problem for the company. Now the company may very well decide that they can live with the problem, particularly if they are unable to find a solution, but it is still their problem.

ANet does, after all, have the right to do whatever they wish with the game, but should not mistake that for a right to have their choices be consequence free.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Sure but be honest here … business is about choosing the problems you’re willing to live with. Anet already knows that players have problems with all kinds of things … does that mean they just haphazardly go about trying to fix them all with their finite resources?

1G Mystic coins is a problem they can live with.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

ANet already provided a way to get them that is good for you; buying, logging in daily, doing the mystic forge daily when it comes up and the daily Ley Line event. Your personal choice to refuse doing that is not their problem.

~ It works both ways.

(edited by Chad.6104)

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Anything that alienates, reduces engagement of, or disenfranchises potential paying customers is a problem for the company. Now the company may very well decide that they can live with the problem, particularly if they are unable to find a solution, but it is still their problem.

ANet does, after all, have the right to do whatever they wish with the game, but should not mistake that for a right to have their choices be consequence free.

Attachments:

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

1G Mystic coins are NOT a problem for Anet, and they arnt a problem for most of the player base.
They are only a problem for players who need mystic coins NOW, and who have no patience.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Cristalyan.5728

Cristalyan.5728

mauried.5608

1G Mystic coins are NOT a problem for Anet, and they arnt a problem for most of the player base.
They are only a problem for players who need mystic coins NOW, and who have no patience.

For the first affirmation, I completely agree. The cost of an item is not Anet’s problem.
But in the case of the MC is a problem generated by Anet. Because the MC are not a regular resource, the MC are handled by Anet to players. And this generates the issue: Being a strictly controlled resource, the players cannot solve the problem generated by the demand being higher than the amount handled by Anet to players.

For the second affirmation: “They are only a problem for players who need mystic coins NOW, and who have no patience”
Can you define “patience”? You need over 11 000 MC to craft ONCE all the items requiring MC. Why to craft them? Because the items are ingame. And I seriously doubt Anet put these items ingame with the intention to be ignored by players. So, Anet wants you to craft these items. Otherwise, the devs of Anet are doing kitteneless work and all the excuses with the limited number of devs having a lot to do and not having time to fix/improve/change some aspects of the game are false. If they have time to do useless work, that means they have plenty of time.
So, I think I proved that the items requiring MC are indeed something Anet wants you to craft.

From your statement I understand that your advice for the players is to not buy MC but to patiently wait the monthly ratio Anet give them. At the current speed of accumulating MC, if you don’t buy, you need over 15 years to have the required MC for crafting the items Anet wants you to craft.

So, again – what “patience” means for you ?

My opinion is that Anet created this problem. I don’t know if with intention or by mistake – by miscalculating the impact the new recipes will have on the MC. But is a problem generated by them. And Anet should solve it. By making the MC a resource dropping ingame in such a way it can became farmable if necessary. The Anomaly event is not a farmable way. You cannot have your MC needed for a Legendary just by farming this event. Or, if you are patient you can?
What is the definition for “patience” again?

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

For the second affirmation: “They are only a problem for players who need mystic coins NOW, and who have no patience”
Can you define “patience”? You need over 11 000 MC to craft ONCE all the items requiring MC. …
What is the definition for “patience” again?

So buy the mystic coins on the TP. Wanting the coins is not the same as needing them. ANet gives us, for free, about a stack of coins every 10-11 months. If that’s not enough to suit someone’s desire to craft/forge every skin (that needs m-coins), then they are able to purchase them on the TP.

I don’t see that it’s relevant that all the recipes might require as much as 11k coins — all those recipes would also require hundreds or thousands or even tens of thousands of gold in other materials. Is it wrong to expect that folks willing to invest that much in skins can also expect to pay a premium for m-coins?

As I’ve said before, I don’t have any objection to ANet increasing the sources for mystic coins. I also don’t have any concern if they don’t.

The market seems to indicate that people are willing to pay extra for mystic coins in part because nearly everything else that goes into m-coin recipes is cheaper, including fine & rare materials. Giant Eyes and Charged Lodestones are more affordable these days, which drives up the demand for m-coins along with other notable demands (such as Winter’s Presence and Nightfury).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

You need over 11 000 MC to craft ONCE all the items requiring MC. Why to craft them? Because the items are ingame. And I seriously doubt Anet put these items ingame with the intention to be ignored by players.

Actually I highly doubt ANet created those items so that all or even just most of the players could gather them all.

From a business perspective ANet wants people to play this game, and the best motivation for many is to aquire items they find desireable to show their progress. Provided that not all people find all items equally desireable, they have to put in enough stuff so that everyone has a chance to at least find a good selection of things they like among what is available and keeps them busy and playing for a decent timeframe.

Now add to that the fact that there are enough people around with a lot of time on their hands. To keep these people moderately busy and invested in the game, you need a lot of items they desire. This automatically leads to the fact that a large part of the playerbase (those with more casual gaming hours) will have to choose what items to go for, as there will be too many for them to gather.

Items that require MC were from the start supposed to be luxury items that people choose from, not something everyone would casually complete in a couple of months. There may not be enough MC sources for a single player with a lot of time and resources to craft all the MC recipes in a year while being totally self-reliant, but for every player that attempts to craft all of those recipes there will be lots that don’t care to craft anything with their MC at all, thus offering them on the trading post to those who want to craft more than they can gather themselves.

As far as I recall, ANet explicitly stated that there are more MCs entering the game over time than are actually consumed. As long as this is the case, there is no reason for ANet to introduce more MC faucets, as it would quickly make MCs worthless again. Things will settle down eventually when people come to terms with the fact that MCs are not worthless. It really is a question of patience … and of realistic expectations. “I expect to craft all recipes that use MC” is by the way not what I would call realistic .

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Astralporing.1957

As far as I recall, ANet explicitly stated that there are more MCs entering the game over time than are actually consumed.

Which is true. Seeing as you need a lot of MCs for even the simplest things, and how slow they are gained, most people went into hoarding mode, and use them only when absolutely necessary. This decreased consumption, but not the need for the coins. Most players will never reach the “safe” levels of MC’s in their posession, so (as long as MCs remain both expensive and impossible to farm) they will continue to hoard them.

Things will settle down eventually when people come to terms with the fact that MCs are not worthless. It really is a question of patience …

Yeah, sure, things will settle down eventually…
Sorry if i’m not willing to wait 5 years for that. In 5 years the game may no longer even exist.

Any “solution” that takes years is pretty much worthless.

Actions, not words.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

As far as I recall, ANet explicitly stated that there are more MCs entering the game over time than are actually consumed.

Which is true. Seeing as you need a lot of MCs for even the simplest things, and how slow they are gained, most people went into hoarding mode, and use them only when absolutely necessary. This decreased consumption, but not the need for the coins. Most players will never reach the “safe” levels of MC’s in their posession, so (as long as MCs remain both expensive and impossible to farm) they will continue to hoard them.

Which in turn only strengthens the thought that the people who do NOT have enough of them feel like there’s a shortage.
So in short: it’s like food in the real world. Some people have a shortage, and some people have too much. But the world won’t produce much more because the mean food is just right.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Astralporing.1957

Which in turn only strengthens the thought that the people who do NOT have enough of them feel like there’s a shortage.

That’s the point – even most of the people that hoard them do not feel they have enough. It’s nothing like your “example” at all. There’s shortage everywhere.
If we were reusing your example, it would be more like the situation in a cold-war era communist country market. The supply on the market is so bad, that you keep hoarding over your current needs, because if you don’t, you will eventually end up in a situation where you don’t have what you need.
It’s not the problem on the people’s side, but caused by the “market management”. Due to the fact that the supply is tightly regulated, the market cannot compensate on its own.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Cristalyan.5728

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t see that it’s relevant that all the recipes might require as much as 11k coins — all those recipes would also require hundreds or thousands or even tens of thousands of gold in other materials. Is it wrong to expect that folks willing to invest that much in skins can also expect to pay a premium for m-coins?

Yes, it is wrong. Because that investition is not as great as you suggest. You start on the basis that the players wanting these skins will buy the materials from TP. Well, this tread is started by a person who does not want to be forced to buy.
Let’s calculate the material needed for a specialization weapon: The shield Horologicus. The only item you can spend some gold on it is the Mystic Barricade. All the rest you can purchase using aurilum / ley line crystals / airship parts. The Mystic Barricade needs an Eldrich Scroll + 30 Mystic Coins + a total of 20 Orichalcum Ingots.
You can gather the orichalcum in less than 1 day. So, without the MC a specialization weapon can cost you almost nothing. But you need to wait almost one and a half month for Anet to handle you the MC. Or to buy the MC. Well, let’s suppose you have 9 lvl 80 characters – one of every specialization. You need around 14 months to wait for Anet :-)) Or to buy from TP. Is this impatience? Is the specialization weapon a luxury thing? I doubt.

Wanting the coins is not the same as needing them

Is this a joke? If you don’t need something why you ever bother to want that something? Are you sure this is a sane person behavior? Are you saying that the persons complaining here about MC are only wanting the MC but, in fact, not needing them? All the persons asking here for more MC are insane?

The word “impatience” is appropriate in a situation when you have the chance to choose between several ways to have a thing (slower of faster ways, easier or harder) and your choice is to buy. In the case of MC we have no choice. The quantity of MC entering the game is decided by Anet. And if the real needs of the players are higher, this is BAD LUCK. Because Anet calculated the needs. And if you don’t like the result you are an impatient person. I think a merely 15 years to complete the items containing MC in recipe is an OK period of time in Anet’s opinion.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

SlippyCheeze.5483

Your statement isn’t wrong. It’s just … well, it’s not ANet who are here complaining about the mystic coin situation. In fact, they have someone they pay who spent years studying the area who has a full time job ensuring that they stay in an area that is acceptable.

So, not wrong, just … misdirected, shall we say?

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Ayrilana.1396

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yes, it is wrong. Because that investition is not as great as you suggest. You start on the basis that the players wanting these skins will buy the materials from TP. Well, this tread is started by a person who does not want to be forced to buy.
Let’s calculate the material needed for a specialization weapon: The shield Horologicus. The only item you can spend some gold on it is the Mystic Barricade. All the rest you can purchase using aurilum / ley line crystals / airship parts. The Mystic Barricade needs an Eldrich Scroll + 30 Mystic Coins + a total of 20 Orichalcum Ingots.
You can gather the orichalcum in less than 1 day. So, without the MC a specialization weapon can cost you almost nothing. But you need to wait almost one and a half month for Anet to handle you the MC. Or to buy the MC. Well, let’s suppose you have 9 lvl 80 characters – one of every specialization. You need around 14 months to wait for Anet :-)) Or to buy from TP. Is this impatience? Is the specialization weapon a luxury thing? I doubt.

• Is this a joke? If you don’t need something why you ever bother to want that something? Are you sure this is a sane person behavior? Are you saying that the persons complaining here about MC are only wanting the MC but, in fact, not needing them? All the persons asking here for more MC are insane? *

The word “impatience” is appropriate in a situation when you have the chance to choose between several ways to have a thing (slower of faster ways, easier or harder) and your choice is to buy. In the case of MC we have no choice. The quantity of MC entering the game is decided by Anet. And if the real needs of the players are higher, this is BAD LUCK. Because Anet calculated the needs. And if you don’t like the result you are an impatient person. I think a merely 15 years to complete the items containing MC in recipe is an OK period of time in Anet’s opinion.

Needing and wanting are two separate things. I want $1M but that doesn’t mean that I need it. You’re equating someone’s personal goals to acquire things immediately (rather than over time) to something that is necessary to play the game. Mystic coins are for optional things that you can use to customize your characters’ appearances or to create recipes for feasts.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Is this a joke? If you don’t need something why you ever bother to want that something? Are you sure this is a sane person behavior? Are you saying that the persons complaining here about MC are only wanting the MC but, in fact, not needing them? All the persons asking here for more MC are insane?

There are multiple choices:

• Buy mystic coins off of the TP.
  • “Farm” mystic coins yourself. In quotes due to them being time gated.
  • Buy and “farm” the coins
  • Decide you don’t want anything that requires mystic coins enough to wait or buy the coins.
  • Decide its worth it to buy and/or “farm” the coins for some of the items but not all.

The number that want to make all of the items that require mystic coins is extremely low compared to those who just want some or none. And that’s before even considering what mats do into the items.

So while you may not like the choices, doesn’t mean that the choices don’t exist.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Cristalyan.5728

Seera.5916

Buy mystic coins off of the TP.
“Farm” mystic coins yourself. In quotes due to them being time gated.
Buy and “farm” the coins
Decide you don’t want anything that requires mystic coins enough to wait or buy the coins.
Decide its worth it to buy and/or “farm” the coins for some of the items but not all.

The number that want to make all of the items that require mystic coins is extremely low compared to those who just want some or none. And that’s before even considering what mats do into the items.

Let’s look at the choices:
1. Buy from TP. Well, this topic started because some players (many I think) considered that TP being the main source for the MC supply is not a good think. To buy from TP is not a choice. It is (almost) the single way.
2. To “farm” the coins. :-)) This is equivalent to advise someone to “farm” deldrimor steel ingot. You can have ONE MC per day in this way. If you want to craft a new Legendary you need 500. But if you need to craft 2 new legendary, well you are in trouble – you need 1 000 MC. So, back to the point1: Buy from TP.
3. Buy and “farm” the coins: Taking the point 2 into account, we can translate point 3 to: Buy and Buy the MC.
4. Decide you don’t want anything that requires mystic coins …… WHAT ? This topic is about the players WANTING something but because the way ANet handles a component, they cannot have that something. To want nothing? What kind of advice is this? Is equivalent to telling the players to stop playing GW2. This cannot be a real choice :-)))
5. Decide its worth it to buy and/or farm the coins for some items but not all. Well, in essence this translates in: Peoples, you cannot have all the GW2. You can have only slices of it. So, be careful in your choices and decide what you want. Still, be good customers and pay the price for the entire GW2.

As for the statement: “The number that want to make all of the items that require mystic coins is extremely low compared to those who just want some or none”. Do you have some evidences for this or this is only your opinion?
Because I think a more accurate statement may be: The number that want to pay the price to make all of the items that require mystic coins is extremely low compared to those who ……"
Is as with the scribing. When leveling the scribing had a high cost, very few players leveled it. Not because the others were not interested in it. But because the cost was to high. Now, when leveling the scribing has a lower cost you can see many other players leveling it.
So, make the MC a very low cost material. And you will see how many players want to complete all (or almost all) items containing MC in recipe.

But the cost of the MC is high. And, I think, will continue to raise. Because TP is the only source you can have more than 0,66 MC/day. (20 MC / 30 days = 0,66 per day)

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

OriOri.8724

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• Buy mystic coins off of the TP.
  • “Farm” mystic coins yourself. In quotes due to them being time gated.
  • Buy and “farm” the coins
  • Decide you don’t want anything that requires mystic coins enough to wait or buy the coins.
  • Decide its worth it to buy and/or “farm” the coins for some of the items but not all.

So while you may not like the choices, doesn’t mean that the choices don’t exist.

The biggest problem that I have when people say that you have “options” in regards to MC is that its just simply not true. Superficially, yes, you do appear to have options. Realistically, you don’t. Every source of MC is hard timegated, and they reward MC in very small quantities on top of that. Yet legendary weapons need MC in very large quantities. The new legenaries need at least 250 MC, though if you don’t have any clovers you need 250 more MC to craft them. Even if you already had all the clovers needed, just getting that 1 stack of MC would take you a year of daily login rewards to achieve. Let’s be generous and assume you complete the ley line anomaly event 10 days a month (which is overly generous considering I never ever see anyone doing that event anymore. RIP anyone who didn’t get the achievements related to it already), that’s still over 8 months of sitting on your kitten doing nothing but waiting for the coins to come in. I don’t consider that a good way to get a single skin. Waiting on your kitten for 2/3 of a year for a single skin. That’s not an “option” to gather the MC. If it didn’t take so long to get the MC, or if recipes needed fewer of them, then I would definitely agree with you.

As it stands now the only true way of gathering enough MC for a legendary is to buy them off the TP. Telling people to just sit on their kitten for 8+ months is not realistic, nor is it fair to them.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Waiting on your kitten for 2/3 of a year for a single skin.

8 months to earn a legendary weapon is about right. Long term games need long term goals. And, you know, “LEGENDARY”.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Cristalyan.5728

DoctorDing.5890

8 months to earn a legendary weapon is about right. Long term games need long term goals. And, you know, “LEGENDARY”.

Are you sure?? You have now 20 first generation Legendary ingame. That means 160 months. You have another 5 new generation Legendary. You need 500 M. Coins – around 16 months each. But if you save the Mystic Clover you can have the required amount in less time. So, let’s say you need also 8 months for the new legendary. That means another 40 months. But, to be able to launch the next expansion ANet should release all the promised new legendary. That means another 20 legendary = another 160 months.

In conclusion, to craft all the legendary weapons in the game (a mere 40 recipes and not all +100 recipes using MC) you need only 320 months. This is almost 27 years. In all this time you should do the Anomaly event at least 10 times per month, every month. And to login DAILY. Failure in doing the Anomaly event or login into the game will make this 27 years period even longer.

Do you have any official statements that ANet will still support GW2 in 2045? Without this statement your affirmation with “the long terms games ….” has no value.
27 years is a lot of time. But this period of time can be even longer if someone dare to start the crafting of a Legendary armor.

Long terms goals ….. HM. You can leave a paragraph in the testament asking the successors for the completion of this goal.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

OriOri.8724

Waiting on your kitten for 2/3 of a year for a single skin.

If it was 8 months of actual work towards the legendary I would agree with you. But it isn’kittens literally 8 months of sitting on your kitten just accepting daily login rewards (and realistically its much, much closer to 12 months anyhow). How is just sitting on your kitten for 8-12+ months what you would consider a “legendary journey”? Its not. Its quite honestly the exact opposite. Besides, what happens when you want more legendaries? As it stands, Mystic Coins are legitimately the only mat needed for legendaries that cannot be farmed period. They are the only mat where you are forced to either sit on your kitten or buy from TP. And if you ever want more than just 1 or 2 legendaries, you will have to buy from TP, no other options.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The biggest problem that I have when people say that you have “options” in regards to MC is that its just simply not true. Superficially, yes, you do appear to have options. Realistically, you don’t.

That’s simply not true. I always have the option to buy mystic coins. Even with the huge Winter Presence’s spike in demand, there are still tons of m-coins available.

Similarly, I always have the option to wait and collect coins from dailies/logins.

And finally, I have the option to not unlock those skins. The game doesn’t require that I do to enjoy it; it’s only my personal preferences that drive my demand for m-coins.

I get that some people like farming stuff themselves. However, that ‘choice’ comes with the additional cost of waiting longer.

Put another way: ANet gives us enough coins to make a legendary-level skin within the year; we can still make more if we’re willing to pay more in gold or wait time and it’s up to us to choose.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Astralporing.1957

The biggest problem that I have when people say that you have “options” in regards to MC is that its just simply not true. Superficially, yes, you do appear to have options. Realistically, you don’t.

That’s simply not true. I always have the option to buy mystic coins.

Read closely, that’s what OriOri said. You have an option to buy mystic coins, or you have an option to buy mystic coins. The “farming” option is unrealistic for any larger MC quantities.
(and the option not to play the game… let’s say it’s not the one devs should want their players to pick)

Actions, not words.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Seera.5916

Let’s look at the choices:
1. Buy from TP. Well, this topic started because some players (many I think) considered that TP being the main source for the MC supply is not a good think. To buy from TP is not a choice. It is (almost) the single way.
2. To “farm” the coins. :-)) This is equivalent to advise someone to “farm” deldrimor steel ingot. You can have ONE MC per day in this way. If you want to craft a new Legendary you need 500. But if you need to craft 2 new legendary, well you are in trouble – you need 1 000 MC. So, back to the point1: Buy from TP.
3. Buy and “farm” the coins: Taking the point 2 into account, we can translate point 3 to: Buy and Buy the MC.
4. Decide you don’t want anything that requires mystic coins …… WHAT ? This topic is about the players WANTING something but because the way ANet handles a component, they cannot have that something. To want nothing? What kind of advice is this? Is equivalent to telling the players to stop playing GW2. This cannot be a real choice :-)))
5. Decide its worth it to buy and/or farm the coins for some items but not all. Well, in essence this translates in: Peoples, you cannot have all the GW2. You can have only slices of it. So, be careful in your choices and decide what you want. Still, be good customers and pay the price for the entire GW2.

As for the statement: “The number that want to make all of the items that require mystic coins is extremely low compared to those who just want some or none”. Do you have some evidences for this or this is only your opinion?
Because I think a more accurate statement may be: The number that want to pay the price to make all of the items that require mystic coins is extremely low compared to those who ……"
Is as with the scribing. When leveling the scribing had a high cost, very few players leveled it. Not because the others were not interested in it. But because the cost was to high. Now, when leveling the scribing has a lower cost you can see many other players leveling it.
So, make the MC a very low cost material. And you will see how many players want to complete all (or almost all) items containing MC in recipe.

But the cost of the MC is high. And, I think, will continue to raise. Because TP is the only source you can have more than 0,66 MC/day. (20 MC / 30 days = 0,66 per day)

I don’t need to show numbers. Most players aren’t completionists. They don’t go for every AP, every skin, every mini, every ascended item, every legendary, etc. Most people just go for what’s the best item for what they want to do and what skin(s) look cool or fit the theme of the character they’re playing. Be more realistic when you try to use the numbers needed. Go for half of the items. Or go for 10 weapons (2 full sets of one handed weapons plus underwater weapons for a class that can weapon swap) and 2 sets of armor (it can be reasonable for players to have 2 areas they focus in which would require different stats).

Most players are only going to want a fraction of the skins that require MC (remember 9 out of 10 skins is a fraction of the skins). They’ll think one is ugly or one requires them to do some content that they abhor and they don’t want to play or pay to bypass it at all (pay as in buy runs of raids or dungeons or fractals, etc). Or they don’t do underwater content enough so they aren’t going to bother with any of the underwater only items.

Most people choose option 5: they decide to not get every skin/item that requires Mystic Coins. And many people likely don’t even consider the Mystic Coin cost when deciding to get it or not. It may affect some players decision on some of the items, but I would be wary to say most.

Would it be nice if they lowered in price? Yes and no. It would be good for players who still have items they want to make using the Mystic Coins. It would be bad for players who don’t want to make any[more] of the items that require it as they get less money for selling them. Would I be upset if they went down to a lower price but not so low as to be vendor price? No. Would I end up making more items just because the Mystic Coins price went down? No.

I just don’t like people saying there are no options when they’re actually are options. Just not options you’re happy with. Due to how the economy works, if there were enough people who put their foot down and said: I’m not buying until the price is much lower, the price would become much lower as people took down and relisted or more people posted coins and undercut people.

So vote with your proverbial wallet: Don’t buy any coins until they reach the price YOU think is reasonable. None of the items that are made with them are required to be able to be successful at any of the content in the game so it’s not going to lock you out of anything. Get others who agree with you to do the same thing.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

OriOri.8724

Read closely, that’s what OriOri said. You have an option to buy mystic coins, or you have an option to buy mystic coins. The “farming” option is unrealistic for any larger MC quantities.
(and the option not to play the game… let’s say it’s not the one devs should want their players to pick)

This is exactly what I was trying to say. Its the illusion of choice.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Ayrilana.1396

Players could earn 1 mystic coin per day from dailies back at launch. Players could then get another 20 mystic coins from doing the monthly. Today, players can earn 1 mystic coin per day from the anomaly event. They can also earn a few per month from the mystic forger daily. Players can earn 20 mystic coins from the monthly login rewards.

Nobody was complaining back then about the acquisition methods being limited for mystic coins. So why now? It’s because of the price. If mystic coins were down to a silver then I’m pretty sure everyone here complaining would not be.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Seera.5916

I should also say that I do feel Mystic Coins are higher than they should be. But I do feel that ANet has to be careful in how quickly they do things to make them drop in prices due to the fact that so many people horde them.

And a portion of those hoarders would dump their stacks at decreasing prices should they even think the prices are about to drop. Which creates a self-fulfilling prophecy as more and more dump their stacks. If too many do this, it may send them to vendor levels which I think we can all agree is too low. And since total supply outweighs demand, the prices would likely not increase unless ANet dropped the generation of coins down.

ANet over-corrected the prices of mystic coins when they were really cheap.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

SlippyCheeze.5483

…or it’s a design decision that owning all the legendaries shouldn’t be “standard” for players, plus a mechanism to let people who really, really want to do so get around it.

I think at heart, though, the reason you are getting argument is simple: you are treating it as axiomatic that buying mystic coins on the trading post is a bad thing.

The folks arguing with you disagree. I sure do. Seems like a perfectly legitimate and functional situation to me, especially as there are currently more than 20,000 coins available to you by way of doing … anything at all, even just the three dailies which reward you with ~ 2.17 mystic coins a day in gold.

I’d strongly prefer a system that made MC available via gold purchase in-game than one that reduced my choice in how to obtain them by sticking them behind, well, any specific activity. If I can turn time into gold into MCs, life is good, because everything rewards gold.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Seera.5916

…or it’s a design decision that owning all the legendaries shouldn’t be “standard” for players, plus a mechanism to let people who really, really want to do so get around it.

I think at heart, though, the reason you are getting argument is simple: you are treating it as axiomatic that buying mystic coins on the trading post is a bad thing.

The folks arguing with you disagree. I sure do. Seems like a perfectly legitimate and functional situation to me, especially as there are currently more than 20,000 coins available to you by way of doing … anything at all, even just the three dailies which reward you with ~ 2.17 mystic coins a day in gold.

I’d strongly prefer a system that made MC available via gold purchase in-game than one that reduced my choice in how to obtain them by sticking them behind, well, any specific activity. If I can turn time into gold into MCs, life is good, because everything rewards gold.

I don’t think anyone would have an issue with their current price if they were only used in Legendary weapons.

But they are included in a decent number of exotic weapons as well. And that’s where the problem lies.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

OriOri.8724

No, you are still missing the root of my problem with how MC are right now. For one, as Seera pointed out, there are nearly 90 non legendary weapon skins that require MC. So its not as if they are just used for legendaries. Secondly, you don’t need all legendaries for this to be a problem. Even just 4-5 core legendaries, or 2-3 HoT legendaries would max out the MC you would have earned since launch. That’s hardly “all” legendaries in the game, its just a small fraction of them. What if someone wants all of the 2nd gen legendaries and none of the 1st gen? Even when the set is finished, that would be less than half of the legendary weapons (16 / 35), yet would far surpass the amount of MC that you could possibly have acquired by yourself even if you played every day since launch.

But the biggest thing is that you are misrepresenting the problem. I’m not saying that buying MC on the trading post is bad (even though that’s what most people in this thread are arguing against). I’m saying that its bad that this is the only realistic option to earning MC in the game. There is a difference. And MC are the only mat set up this way. The only one that isn’t RNG gated though technically even those could be farmed if you really wanted to.

Even with that though, I could change my mind on the issue if Mystic Coins were only used for legendary weapons, but they aren’t. They are used for dozens and dozens of other skins.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Ayrilana.1396

No, you are still missing the root of my problem with how MC are right now. For one, as Seera pointed out, there are nearly 90 non legendary weapon skins that require MC. So its not as if they are just used for legendaries. Secondly, you don’t need all legendaries for this to be a problem. Even just 4-5 core legendaries, or 2-3 HoT legendaries would max out the MC you would have earned since launch. That’s hardly “all” legendaries in the game, its just a small fraction of them. What if someone wants all of the 2nd gen legendaries and none of the 1st gen? Even when the set is finished, that would be less than half of the legendary weapons (16 / 35), yet would far surpass the amount of MC that you could possibly have acquired by yourself even if you played every day since launch.

But the biggest thing is that you are misrepresenting the problem. I’m not saying that buying MC on the trading post is bad (even though that’s what most people in this thread are arguing against). I’m saying that its bad that this is the only realistic option to earning MC in the game. There is a difference. And MC are the only mat set up this way. The only one that isn’t RNG gated though technically even those could be farmed if you really wanted to.

Even with that though, I could change my mind on the issue if Mystic Coins were only used for legendary weapons, but they aren’t. They are used for dozens and dozens of other skins.

And if the price for mystic coins was 1 silver, would you still be as adamant as you are now that there is a problem that needs to be addressed?

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

OriOri.8724

It wouldn’t be as high on my list of changes that I think should be made, but the fundamental problem that the TP remains the only truly viable way of obtaining enough MC to craft anything would still be there and I would still not like it.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Astralporing.1957

And if the price for mystic coins was 1 silver, would you still be as adamant as you are now that there is a problem that needs to be addressed?

Obviously, the change to supply/demand ratio that caused the increase in price made the problem much more visible and troublesome than it was before. So yeah, the situation that caused the problem should be resolved anyway, regardless of the current price of the coins.
Of course, if they were cheaper, the problem wouldn’t be as pressing and likely less people would ask for immediate fix, but now that we know that the underlying system is broken, the fix is needed anyway.

Actions, not words.

Mystic Coins 1 gold each

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Read closely what I said: we have the option to pay, we have the option to stick with what we get for free.

There doesn’t need to be an option for farming larger quantities of m-coins outside the TP because they aren’t needed to have access to all the game’s content; they are for shinies, optional skins that we want, not that we need.