New Legendary Crafting

New Legendary Crafting

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Pre HoT – RNG Driven Money Sink
Post HoT – Still RNG Driven Money Sink but, now it also needs crazy amount of scavenger hunt all over the place. Scavenger hunt is cool, however, money requirement just quadrupled.

Snapshot of Wood price on TP at the time of posting:
Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

Step 1 of Legendary Nevermore: Ravenswood Branch
What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
450x Thermocatalytic Reagent
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log
5x Pile of Crystalline Dust
400x Thin Leather Section
200x Coarse Leather Section
400x Rugged Leather Section
2000x Thick Leather Section

Source: http://db.dulfy.net/recipe/11232

Are you seriously asking semi-casual players to GTFO of your game?

EDIT: I did not want to go in detail of RNG involved in legendary crafting as many of those have already been well publicized in social media. I noticed someone was arguing about RNG vs. logging, so I felt compelled to edit the OP. For example of RNG in Legendary crafting look at Bifrost. Bifrost crafting Tier III requires a character to get encased in Shatterer’s crystal attack. Good Luck w/ that RNG; you will need it.

I also got PMs claiming that I made this post because I did not want to work hard to get such an “exclusive” item. I think attached screenie should tell a different story. It’s shameful that people would like to troll and beat around the bushes when a serious problem exists in this game and devs are apparently clueless about how to fix them.

So, here is my question to the designer:

What is legendary about this weapon that a player is trying to build?

IMHO, you should have started storyboarding from there and not from the idea of making a skin that would be “expensive and time consuming”.

Attachments:

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

(edited by velmeister.4187)

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Wow. That is a LOT of stuff. I doubt I could farm 11,000 logs of wood even in a decade of playing. lol

And 450 Thermocatalytic Reagents? Ouch!

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Honestly, to craft a new legendary precursor, you have to spent 3 times as much as what’s required to buy that same precursor on the tp. Why go through all the work involved in the legendary journey AND spend spend three times as much gold, when you can just buy the precursor on the tp… it’s stupid.

Now im not saying the legendary journey should be easy, fast, or free, but if we are going to go through all that effort to collect and craft one, the time and effort should be factored into the price and we should NOT have to spend a single copper more than the precursor sells for on the tp, not to mention 3 times the cost. That invalidates all our efforts and makes the journey not only pointless, but stupid.

Why go through all the time and effort to complete all this content, when we can just buy it for less time, effort, and money…

(edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679)

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

And the lol of it all is that Legendary weapons have the same stats as Ascended…..

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Post HoT – Still RNG Driven Money Sink but, now it also needs crazy amount of scavenger hunt all over the place. Scavenger hunt is cool, however, money requirement just quadrupled.

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

Almost 528G. What’s the problem?

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Yea….legendary with same stats as ascended…but more mats …and the costs? Wonderful. Anet what were you thinking when you pulled this bucket list together?

I am lucky if I have 60 gold to my account for use over these past several months, and that is by selling everything I don’t need the mats from. I cannot imagine having 100 gold let alone over 500 gold.

I’ll forgo the legendary, thank you very much…..I’ve started putting away my mats for the ascended weapon I want.

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

That’s only step 1 yknow?

Step 2 cost way more by asking way more Spirit Woods

Step 3 ask for more Spirit Woods

Step 4 ask for more Spirit Woods.

After you complete Precursor by spending 2000g, you still have to spend another 3000g for other legendary materials.

See the problem now?

The girl designer who talked in the live show is now my least favorite developer of all time.

Basically Anet still live in their ivory tower, never log on to their game to see the market for themselves. They ask for enormous material sink without changing the crafting component from 3~4 back to 2, without adding extra ways to optain t2~t4 materials to increase the supply.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

New Legendary Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

After you complete Precursor by spending 2000g, you still have to spend another 3000g for other legendary materials.

See the problem now?

The girl designer who talked in the live show is now my least favorite developer of all time.

Basically Anet still live in their ivory tower, never log on to their game to see the market for themselves. They ask for enormous material sink without changing the crafting component from 3~4 back to 2, without adding extra ways to optain t2~t4 materials to increase the supply.

How do you know it’ll be 2,000G? It’s also in line with how the other popular legendary weapons were prior to the announcement of HoT. You have to realize that there’s very high demand for those materials so what you see the precursor worth now won’t be the same once things settle back down.

New Legendary Crafting

Aomine.5012

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

See the problem now?

How do you know it’ll be 2,000G? It’s also in line with how the other popular legendary weapons were prior to the announcement of HoT. You have to realize that there’s very high demand for those materials so what you see the precursor worth now won’t be the same once things settle back down.

Because of math?

Do some math yourself plz.

100 Spirit woods, excluding everything else, is 1500g on TP alrdy.
Other materials that require lots and LOTS of extra woods are not exactly free either.

And there’s no-way market will back down when Devs promises to release 3 new legendaries every 3 months, and all of them are competing for Spirit Woods and Deldrimor Steel Ingots.

The only way to fix this is fix the crafting component, fix the recipe for precursors, and add more ways of getting low tier materials other than playing in low level zones.

But we all know it’d take another 3 years until Anet does this.

People who’re clueless, who’re not even trying to craft one, who’re not even doing any research about this matter should really stop talking / defending Anet because they do not know what they’re talking about at all.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

New Legendary Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

See the problem now?

Because of math?

Other materials that require lots and LOTS of extra woods are not exactly free either.

And there’s no-way market will back down when Devs promises to release 3 new legendaries every 3 months, and all of them are competing for Spirit Woods and Deldrimor Steel Ingots.

The only way to fix this is fix the crafting component, fix the recipe for precursors, and add more ways of getting low tier materials other than playing in low level zones.

People who’re clueless, who’re not even trying to craft one, who’re not even doing any research about this matter should really stop talking / defending Anet because they do not know what they’re talking about at all.

Math? How about you link the recipes for the other parts. That’s what I was getting at. Also, spiritwood is 11G to make so that’s 1,100. You claim I’m clueless except you keep using the sell order price for the time-gated item to inflated the price so your argument appears to be stronger. I’m fully aware of what the actual costs are from what has been released so far.

New Legendary Crafting

Aomine.5012

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

See the problem now?

Because of math?

Math? How about you link the recipes for the other parts. That’s what I was getting at. Also, spiritwood is 11G to make so that’s 1,100. You claim I’m clueless except you keep using the sell order price for the time-gated item to inflated the price so your argument appears to be stronger. I’m fully aware of what the actual costs are from what has been released so far.

Except if you sell your spiritwood it’d worth 1500g, so using Sell order is ofc the right value. (If you sell them yesterday it’d be 1700g)

Yeah, I know, rich people like you wouldn’t care about whether it’s 1500g and 2000g. Any value is fine to you. That’s why you can stand up and defend Anet even after all this.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

New Legendary Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

See the problem now?

Because of math?

Except if you sell your spiritwood it’d worth 1500g, so using Sell order is ofc the right value.

Yeah, I know, rich people like you wouldn’t care about whether it’s 1500g and 2000g. Any value is fine to you. That’s why you can stand up and defend Anet even after all this.

Enough with the ad hominem attacks please. Whether someone is rich or not doesn’t negate their argument unless the argument itself is based on that. In this situation, it is not.

Yeah, there’s a very high demand for the materials because everyone is going for legendaries and I believe guild banks require some of them too. So time-gated materials will be selling at a premium and players make the choice to pay that much because they don’t want to wait and craft those materials themselves. Yes, you can sell the spiritwood planks but selling them will not put you any closer to the new HoT legendaries.

New Legendary Crafting

Aomine.5012

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

See the problem now?

Because of math?

Except if you sell your spiritwood it’d worth 1500g, so using Sell order is ofc the right value.

Enough with the ad hominem attacks please. Whether someone is rich or not doesn’t negate their argument unless the argument itself is based on that. In this situation, it is not.

Yeah, there’s a very high demand for the materials because everyone is going for legendaries and I believe guild banks require some of them too. So time-gated materials will be selling at a premium and players make the choice to pay that much because they don’t want to wait and craft those materials themselves. Yes, you can sell the spiritwood planks but selling them will not put you any closer to the new HoT legendaries.

There’s a really high demand for materials BECAUSE Anet put all the resources in the same bracket, etc, guild hall, old precursors, new precursors. They do not diversify the material at all, while asking for huge material sink, making demand sky-high, while not addressing the supply issue a single bit.

This inflation is totally forseeable, and Anet still CHOOSE to do it regardless. This is still 100% Anet’s fault and oversight. It’s like a fail government who has no idea what they’re doing, printing too much money without considering the price level, workers’ income and GDP, and inflation, and doom their own country.

New Legendary Crafting

Soon.5240

I hope that everyone is smart enough to realize that Anet is not as stooopid as you think they are.

They want you to do the math — and then whip-out your credit cards and buy gold to acquire your ascended and legendary items.

It ain’t complicated folks…..

Good thing I crafted all mine prior to the expansion.

Edit: The game has very clearly become Pay 2 Play.

(edited by Soon.5240)

New Legendary Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

See the problem now?

Because of math?

There’s a really high demand for materials BECAUSE Anet put all the resources in the same bracket, etc, guild hall, old precursors, new precursors. They do not diversify the material at all, while asking for huge material sink, making demand sky-high, while not addressing the supply issue a single bit.

This inflation is totally forseeable, and Anet still CHOOSE to do it regardless. This is still 100% Anet’s fault and oversight. It’s like a fail government who has no idea what they’re doing, printing too much money without considering the price level, workers’ income and GDP, and inflation, and doom their own country.

And all of those materials you can farm yourself if you don’t want to buy. Unlike pre-HoT, you’ll be able to see yourself making progress.

New Legendary Crafting

Aomine.5012

I hope that everyone is smart enough to realize that Anet is not as stooopid as you think they are.

They want you to do the math — and then whip-out your credit cards and buy gold to acquire your ascended and legendary items.

It ain’t complicated folks…..

Good thing I crafted all mine prior to the expansion.

Edit: The game has very clearly become Pay 2 Play.

I have suspected as much.

Anet is getting so desperate that they need to scam their player-base like that.

Another proof is the large quantity and continuous of gem store items RIGHT AFTER HoT launches, compare to very few quantity of new skins actually obtainable through HoT. (which all of them have extremely extremely low RNG drop rate, so low that even after a month of playing HoT map, I get not a single one of them from RNG boxes. This is excluding the currency gears and trash new reclaim skins ofc)

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

And all of those materials you can farm yourself if you don’t want to buy.

That wouldn’t be a problem if the game had enough content left for me as a veteran to make the process enjoyable. GW core has been thoroughly chewed out. HoT offers hardly anything at all.

This precursor crafting arrived too late. Had it been in the game from the start, it would’ve been fine. Now? It’s like asking people to participate in a hot-dog eating contest right after they’ve stuffed themselves on a copious christmas dinner.

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Post HoT – Still RNG Driven Money Sink

Since when is logging wood rng based? Just semi casually run around some maps and chop away.

And since when should long term goals be designed in a way that semi casuals can buy completion if it on the tp within 5 days?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

New Legendary Crafting

Aomine.5012

Since when is logging wood rng based? Just semi casually run around some maps and chop away.

And since when should long term goals be designed in a way that semi casuals can buy completion if it on the tp within 5 days?

Long term goal involving roaming in low level boring, threatless zones for 100 hours, logging woods 24/7, Meaning you’d never get the materials yourself by playing real contents such as HoT maps, raids, fractals, WvW, PvP if you don’t buy them.

There goes the immersion and long-term goal.

I rather do raid100 times than this.

Edited: I’m actually not making the numbers up.
On my fastest fastest character (perma 33% walk speed, staff/ GS Druid), it took me 45 minutes to gather 200 soft wood.

I need 8000 soft woods for 100 Spirit Woods, that’s like 30 hours.
Then I need 6000 Hard Woods, that’d be 22.5 hours.
Then I need 3000 Season woods, that’s like 11.25 hrs.
Then I need 15000 Elder Woods, that’s like 56.25 hrs.
Total time of logging: 120 hours.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

What does it take for people to understand new legendary items are not meant to be farmed?You are supposed to buy gems for $ and convert them into gold.Lots of people with no time to play a lot,will spent $ converting gems to gold.

We all should expect all of this,when they for the first time,couple years ago mention “micro” transactions.

As far as i know,micro transaction doesn’t cost 10-20-30-40-100 euros.

It was matter of time,for game to become pay to win.

(edited by Werdx.2059)

New Legendary Crafting

Wanze.8410

Long term goal involving roaming in low level boring, threatless zones for 100 hours, logging woods 24/7, Meaning you’d never get the materials yourself by playing real contents such as HoT maps, raids, fractals, WvW, PvP if you don’t buy them.

Want more danger, while logging wood? Roam on the wvw maps, they have all the wood nodes you need.

Rather run raids? Then do so and buy the wood from your rewards.

No rng involved, just a long term goal.

New Legendary Crafting

Wanze.8410

That wouldn’t be a problem if the game had enough content left for me as a veteran to make the process enjoyable. GW core has been thoroughly chewed out. HoT offers hardly anything at all.

This precursor crafting arrived too late. Had it been in the game from the start, it would’ve been fine. Now? It’s like asking people to participate in a hot-dog eating contest right after they’ve stuffed themselves on a copious christmas dinner.

This thread isnt about lack of content for veterans its about semi casuals not being able to afford the wood needed within a week to craft a precursor.

New Legendary Crafting

Aomine.5012

Want more danger, while logging wood? Roam on the wvw maps, they have all the wood nodes you need.

What was your original stance of collecting materials yourself rather than buying on TP for the materials? Then you’re still hitting by inflation harshly too.

You completely refute your own stance.

Anyway, kinda pointless to argue with you. You’re one of those 2 types of people:

1. Filthy rich, making money by exploiting the market. So rich that whatever the price level you can buy them. Inflation means nothing to you.

2. No interest in crafting these at all. Just stand outside the box laughing at people who suffer.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

New Legendary Crafting

Manasa Devi.7958

This thread isnt about lack of content for veterans its about semi casuals not being able to afford the wood needed within a week to craft a precursor.

The two are related, obviously. If there was new stuff to do in low level areas, low level materials would be harvested in much, much larger numbers.

Also, about the bit I highlighted: this is exactly the kind of misrepresentation of people’s views that makes these forums such a terrible place to hang out. Well done keeping up the standards.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: WalkinGoon.2408

WalkinGoon.2408

Good lord.

Was kinda hoping they’d be a bit more lenient on the new precursor collections since they were account bound and gated behind an expansion, with whatever new mats/tokens that could entail. I could straight up buy and complete several existing ones with my current mat supplies before completing just the precursor part of this.

New Legendary Crafting

Soon.5240

Wanze,
How would a semi-casual’s being able to buy ascended or legendary items impact you in any way? Other players don’t really care if you (or I) have ascended or legendary items. All my ascended armor has been transmuted anyway — so no one can even tell if I have it or not.

And you do realize that the grind is in place PRECISELY to encourage the semi-casual player to BUY the mats with their credit card. You do get this, right? And the more money the semi-casual throws at the game, the better it is for everyone.

New Legendary Crafting

Wanze.8410

What was your original stance of collecting materials yourself rather than buying on TP for the materials? Then you’re still hitting by inflation harshly too.

Anyway, kinda pointless to argue with you. You’re one of those 2 types of people:

1. Filthy rich, making money by exploiting the market. So rich that whatever the price level you can buy them. Inflation means nothing to you.

2. No interest in crafting these at all. Just stand outside the box laughing at people who suffer.

My original stance was that collecting spiritwood for a new precursor wasnt a rng based money sink.

Because its not rng based and its rather a mat than a money sink.

New Legendary Crafting

Wanze.8410

Also, about the bit I highlighted: this is exactly the kind of misrepresentation of people’s views that makes these forums such a terrible place to hang out. Well done keeping up the standards.

The OP complained 4 days after the release that new precursors seem to be an unrealistic goal for semi casuals because the prices for the mats have spiked on the tp and there is rng involved in obtaining spiritwood.

I dont even know why he mentioned the prices on the tp as the effort to log the needed wood is the same as before hot or last week and there isnt much rng involved, either.

New Legendary Crafting

Manasa Devi.7958

The OP complained 4 days after the release that new precursors seem to be an unrealistic goal for semi casuals because the prices for the mats have spiked on the tp and there is rng involved in obtaining spiritwood.

Yet, he never stated his desire to complete the thing in 5 days. You made that up and it comes across disparagingly and antagonistically.

New Legendary Crafting

Wanze.8410

Wanze,
How would a semi-casual’s being able to buy ascended or legendary items impact you in any way? Other players don’t really care if you (or I) have ascended or legendary items. All my ascended armor has been transmuted anyway — so no one can even tell if I have it or not.

And you do realize that the grind is in place PRECISELY to encourage the semi-casual player to BUY the mats with their credit card. You do get this, right? And the more money the semi-casual throws at the game, the better it is for everyone.

It doesnt impact me at all. It just impacts the initial purpose and contradicts the definition of a long term goal, thats all.

And all the gold in tyria wont help as rich guy, who is just standing in front of the tp to obtain one of the new legendaries because i still would have to do all the rquired scavenger hunts, get map completion on the new maps, farm the new map currencies and account bound mats like fulgurite for example, in order to craft a new legendary.

In general, i think the inflated prices for ascended mats are a great way to transfer some wealth from veterans to new players, who level their first alts and usually spend more time in the lower level zones of central tyria, so they earn more of these lower tier mats than veterans that usually prefer to play end game maps and content. I think this is a very nice mechanic to combat wealth disparity and healthy for the game in general.

Just for some perspective:
When GW2 launched, it took 4 months until the first legendaries were earned and they were done by hardcore players. And due to the low gem/gold conversion at that time, you would have needed way more real cash to buy one or the required mats from the tp compared to the mat requirements now.

I am pretty sure, people will run around with the new legendaries in less time than 4 months and the material costs in gems to gold will also be way less than for the old legendaries after their release.

So what Anet considered a long term goal at release got way more accessible with the new legendaries.

New Legendary Crafting

Wanze.8410

Yet, he never stated his desire to complete the thing in 5 days. You made that up and it comes across disparagingly and antagonistically.

Well, he stated that crafting Ravenswood branch is an rng based money sink and is basically out of reach for semi casuals, which is hyperbole at best and a straight out lie at worst.
I attached a screenshot with the shopping list for ravenswood branch.
I only see a gold sink worth 6.75g and i dont see any mats that cant be obtained by playing semi casually over a period of time.

Attachments:

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Wanna make a legendary?
Start playing wood logger 2!
Don’t see how something feels legendary by just logging wood 24/7

New Legendary Crafting

Wanze.8410

Wanna make a legendary?

Thats the beauty of it, you dont need to chuck wood, if you dont want to.
If the value of chucking wood isnt appealing to you, you can play content you like and just buy the wood from someone who does love to chuck some wood, for example wood-chucker Chuck.

If wood-chucker Chuck would chuck wood, how much wood would wood-chucker Chuck chuck?

New Legendary Crafting

Aomine.5012

Wanna make a legendary?

If the value of chucking wood isnt appealing to you, you can play content you like and just buy the wood from someone who does love to chuck some wood, for example wood-chucker Chuck.

If wood-chucker Chuck would chuck wood, how much wood would wood-chucker Chuck chuck?

Then what’s the point of making the new legendaries account bound then?

It’s still just a bunch of gold gather into one place, nothing more. No different from the old legendaries, except this time you have to play it in Anet’s way: Following the material grocery list.

You’re not making any argument here. You’re just stating the obvious.
If you’re so rich and you can easily afford the materials, good for you. You can leave the topic now since it’s none of your concern right?

One more thing, if you have time wasting here, why not start your step 2 already?
Go figure out the real cost then.

New Legendary Crafting

Wanze.8410

Wanna make a legendary?

Then what’s the point of making the new legendaries account bound then?

It’s still just a bunch of gold gather into one place, nothing more. No different from the old legendaries, except this time you have to play it in Anet’s way: Following the material grocery list.

You’re not making any argument here. You’re just stating the obvious.
If you’re so rich and you can easily afford the materials, good for you. You can leave the topic now since it’s none of your concern right?

One more thing, if you have time wasting here, why not start your step 2 already?
Go figure out the real cost then.

The point of making legendaries account bound was that they have to be earned in game and cant be bought. Even as a gold-rich player, i agree with that and think the old ones should have been account bound from the start as well.

Alot of account bound mats, currencies and achievements go into crafting the new legendaries, the bulk of those are earned in the new hot maps, drytop and silverwastes, as well as a bunch of scavenger hunts in old tyria.

I guess you are more or less fine with the account bound mats going into the legendaries.

But you have a problem with the amount of tradeable mats that are needed.
I would argue that you will already get a bunch of tradeable loot and gold while working on acquiring the neccessary account bound mats.

Apart from that, the high requirements for tradeable goods for new legendaries are part of a bigger design or reward decision in my opinion.

In general, you need mat sinks in the game to keep the economy healthy, otherwise basic loot becomes worthless over time.

The tradeable mats for the old leggies were mostly obtained in high level maps, so there wasnt much demand for mats from lower level maps.
If all the good loot is only in 10-20% of the maps, its not healthy for the population in lower level maps, nobody would be there and they would have developed 15 maps that nobody wants to play.
With ascended crafting they added alot of value to the general loot table of those maps and they new legendaries also not only require lower level common mats but also fine mats.
With the recent nerf to popular gold and material farms for end game content and added value to loot from lower level maps as well as better reward structures (map rewards, shiny baubles) on those, they spread out rewards across all maps to give players a better incentive to play there.

And by the way, stating the obvious is always a good argument.

And it costs around 1300g to craft the full precursor ravenswood staff atm because spiritwood already went down to 10g on buy order.

The new pistol pre costs between 350-550g, depending on if you use buy orders or buy directly.

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

See the problem now?

Because of math?

Yea becouse absolutely noone can go to lower zones and gather materials by mobs material bags or harvesting.

New Legendary Crafting

Linken.6345

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

What does it take for people to understand new legendary items are not meant to be farmed?You are supposed to buy gems for $ and convert them into gold.Lots of people with no time to play a lot,will spent $ converting gems to gold.

We all should expect all of this,when they for the first time,couple years ago mention “micro” transactions.

Pay to win what exactly, do you even know what pay win means?
If you could buy relic items that did even 1% more damage then ascended/legendary then yes it would be pay to win, but noone can do that.

New Legendary Crafting

Linken.6345

If he was nr1 he wouldent buy it in the market since then he would be dirt poor.
and if nr2 he would sell all his materials to try to become nr1

And for the record he is only giving you an option since you refuse to do boring maps by your own statement.
Then do good stuff you like to be rewarded for then turn around and buy it from people who are willing to do what they deem good stuff ( farming those same boring maps to you) and get rewarded for it.

Why should you be the only one rewarded for your fun and not everyone else?

New Legendary Crafting

Aomine.5012

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

If you could buy relic items that did even 1% more damage then ascended/legendary then yes it would be pay to win, but noone can do that.

Pay to win does not need to be directed to combat related stuffs.

In GW2, since there’re no vertical progression, legendary itself is the symbol of the winner. The heavy emphasis of gem store items and the lack of new items acquirable in game further enhance this stance.

In GW2, cosmetic = end-game contents. So if gold can get you 95% of legendary weapon, then it’s a form of pay to win.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

New Legendary Crafting

Linken.6345

Ancient Wood Log 7s 57c
Elder Wood Log 2s 6c
Hard Wood Log 5s 68c
Seasoned Wood Log 2s 79c
Soft Wood Log 7s 8c

What it needs —
2100x Hard Wood Log
2800x Soft Wood Log
1050x Seasoned Wood Log
5250x Elder Wood Log
55x Glob of Ectoplasm
200x Shard of Glory
200x Memory of Battle
6x Orichalcum Ore
6x Ancient Wood Log

Pay to win does not need to be directed to combat related stuffs.

In GW2, since there’re no vertical progression, legendary itself is the symbol of the winner. The heavy emphasis of gem store items and the lack of new items acquirable in game further enhance this stance.

In GW2, cosmetic = end-game contents. So if gold can get you 95% of legendary weapon, then it’s a form of pay to win.

No mate its not, me ingame playing can get me the legendary without paying any more cash then buying the game so its not pay to win.
Its pay to not play and if your doing that then maybe its time to think if you want to play at all.

New Legendary Crafting

Wanze.8410

I think you greatly underestimate the amount of account bound stuff needed to craft a new legendary.

New Legendary Crafting

Aomine.5012

I think you greatly underestimate the amount of account bound stuff needed to craft a new legendary.

I’m well aware yknow.
250 Crystaline Ore, and 800 of each currency is NOTHING compare to 100 spirit woods. We get them NATURALLY from PLAYING the game.

Mining and Logging aimlessly across the world in those threatless/brainless zones, to me, is not playing a game. It’s only a core. It’s like bots. It’s like Chinese slave worker doing repetitive things that do not require thinking and interaction.

To me I’d value doing real game contents over mining/logging 10000% of the time.
I rather win raids 100 times over logging materials enough for 100 spirit woods. (Which also could easily take over 100+ hours)

It’s arguably more difficult, but that’s what makes it legendary, not just a pile of gold that are used only to satisfy “rich casuals”

(edited by Aomine.5012)

New Legendary Crafting

Wanze.8410

I’m well aware yknow.
250 Crystaline Ore, and 800 of each currency is NOTHING compare to 100 spirit woods. We get them NATURALLY from PLAYING the game.

Mining and Logging aimlessly across the world in those threatless/brainless zones, to me, is not playing a game. It’s only a core. It’s like bots. It’s like Chinese slave worker doing repetitive things that do not require thinking and interaction.

To me I’d value doing real game contents over mining/logging 10000% of the time.
I rather win raids 100 times over logging materials enough for 100 spirit woods. (Which also could easily take over 100+ hours)

It’s arguably more difficult, but that’s what makes it legendary, not just a pile of gold that are used only to satisfy “rich casuals”

Ah, so getting the new legendaries isnt hard enough for you?

Again, read the op, this isnt what this thread is about, its about new legendaries being out of reach for semi casuals.
What other long term goal you want for the casuals then?

You know, the ones this game was designed for?

(edited by Wanze.8410)

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m well aware yknow.

100 spiritwood is quite easy to obtain naturally by playing the game. I know because I had 120 in my material storage and I never bought a single one. Every day that I play I get ~60 elder wood planks just from salvaging stuff. At the end of my play session I make 1 of each of the 4 account bound ascended mats. I have never buy the T5 fine mats from the TP as they drop in abundance and I just wait until I have enough to make the ascended mats. This works out to about 1 of everything but silk pre-HoT and one of everything post-HoT. Then I take the gold I earned from that same play session and buy the T2-T4 mats needed to refine that into the useable material. A play session generally provides enough money to buy mats for 2 of the 4 materials, so I alternate depending on the day. I generally focus on Metal and Wood since those are more useful for crafting.

I only started doing this 6 months ago and I have ~100 of each ascended mat just from normal play.

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Every day that I play I get ~60 elder wood planks just from salvaging stuff.

How long do you play to make 60 elder wood planks a day? And how many mithril ingots do you make at the same time while playing? Just curious.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Every day that I play I get ~60 elder wood planks just from salvaging stuff.

How long do you play to make 60 elder wood planks a day? And how many mithril ingots do you make at the same time while playing? Just curious.

Generally about 2-3 hours and that’s per play session not per day. I don’t get to play every day, which is why I only had 100 or so after about a year of saving. I earn more mithril than I do elder wood, but I think elderwood takes 3 logs per refine? so that is probably where the difference comes from.

The HoT maps give you SOOO much salvage stuff. Like 2 full bags worth per meta event.

New Legendary Crafting

Posted by: MeNDoX.8031

MeNDoX.8031

I really love the idea of the legendary journey. I love the idea to work for something that I really want, but, now that we have that great idea of the journey, that show us a little story of that weapon maybe? Make us beat all the hell that you can throw at us in the game, painful raids, impossible meta events, a really large and fun collection to complete, achievements through all the world and then reduce the amount of materials, I know, is crafting a weapon, just be more reasonable with the craft part and the gold that we have to invest in exchange.

Casuals will choose to collect gold in every way they can to buy it. Me, even if I had the money to buy it, I’ll always choose the journey, but just if is reasonable, now is almost impossible mainly for the craft part that I don’t enjoy very much.

Just remember, a legendary is not something that you really need. Is more a symbol of your time and effort invested in the game or that you are a successful person in real life capable of pay a lot of money and use it for gold in the game.

Doing the journey, crafting by yourself or buying it in the market, is doesn’t matter, you have to put effort in something, in one way or another to complete it. Just please Anet, we love the game, there’s a lot of things to do beside the legendary for us to stay, don’t give us for free the legendary, make us PLAY the game to get it, no just transform us into chinese farmers.

(edited by MeNDoX.8031)

New Legendary Crafting

Linken.6345

I really love the idea of the legendary journey. I love the idea to work for something that I really want, but, now that we have that great idea of the journey, that show us a little story of that weapon maybe? Make us beat all the hell that you can throw at us in the game, painful raids, impossible meta events, a really large and fun collection to complete, achievements through all the world and then reduce the amount of materials, I know, is crafting a weapon, just be more reasonable with the craft part and the gold that we have to invest in exchange.

Casuals will choose to collect gold in every way they can to buy it. Me, even if I had the money to buy it, I’ll always choose the journey, but just if is reasonable, now is almost impossible mainly for the craft part that I don’t enjoy very much.

Just remember, a legendary is not something that you really need. Is more a symbol of your time and effort invested in the game or that you are a successful person in real life capable of pay a lot of money and use it for gold in the game.

Doing the journey, crafting by yourself or buying it in the market, is doesn’t matter, you have to put effort in something, in one way or another to complete it. Just please Anet, we love the game, there’s a lot of thing to do beside the legendary for us to stay, don’t give us for free the legendary, make us PLAY the game to get it, no just transform us into chinese farmers.

And thats what we have now play the game and you will get your legendary.
Dont force your self to farm just play in all the zones of this wonderful game and in time you will just have the materials you need by just doing your journey.

New Legendary Crafting

Linken.6345

bug forum squish
Die die

New Legendary Crafting

Aomine.5012

I’m well aware yknow.

Ah, so getting the new legendaries isnt hard enough for you?

Again, read the op, this isnt what this thread is about, its about new legendaries being out of reach for semi casuals.
What other long term goal you want for the casuals then?

You know, the ones this game was designed for?

Yeah, I think all the other materials I see are fair because there’re numerous methods to obtain them.

Even the rare t6 materials are easy to get now from map bonus now by just doing events across the world, which is more enjoyable than mining/logging.

The 100 Spirit Woods is the only part that’s 100% unreasonable because it fores you to either spend excessive money on TP, or make you play like a robot, a slave for hundred of hours, doing mindless logging.