New Necromancer trait line

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ghin.1653

Ghin.1653

I have a some problems with the new necromancer trait line, Master of Terror, and Terror are in separate trait lines, i wouldn’t have a problem with this, if the separate trait line had anything to do with conditions. The way they are separated just doesn’t make sense.

First off, you would think Terror + Master of Terror should be in same trait line, as the generality of it kinda matches: soul reaping “reap your soul” where curses, its just fighting the 2 other condition types /(flip side argument)/ fear is a curse, therefor curses trait line. They really should be together as thats what you would want to build around in each type.

Also, Mark traits are now in two separate trees? i need death magic and soul reaping if i want the most benefit on my marks? same line or fused please.

As a side note, putrid defense + cold shoulder = 25% damage reduction. Desired?

Posted by: Sephard.3985

Sephard.3985

Swapping Master of Terror and Reaper’s Precision actually makes sense. The problem with Greater Marks is that it doesn’t make sense in the Soul Reaping trait line.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Yes, I never understood why they are separate trait lines. They should be together to to fit the theme. It is also rather annoying that if you want to be a terror reaper, you are locked into your three trait lines, no build diversity there.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Fear in itself is a control effect. It’s a condition too, but non damaging one unless terror is traited. That’s why terror is in curses, while master of terror in soul reaping that is generally about control aspect of necro (foot in grave, fear on downed, master of terror)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Terror and master of terror should be merged, they are not worth a GM trait by themselves. Terror should also move to soul reaping to compete with Dhummfire, and a power based GM trait should be placed in curses so that power builds don’t have a completely worthless trait.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Terror and master of terror should be merged, they are not worth a GM trait by themselves. Terror should also move to soul reaping to compete with Dhummfire, and a power based GM trait should be placed in curses so that power builds don’t have a completely worthless trait.

This suggestion I like.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Ghin.1653

Ghin.1653

It is kinda weird that they have a Terror AND Master of Terror trait, fusing them and calling it Master of Terror does make more sense. They also need to fix the condition damage rounding problem. I fear someone for 1.85 seconds, the tooltip rounds its to 2 seconds and i only get the Terror damage for 1 seconds worth. Hard enough to stack duration on fear, shouldn’t be punished for a fraction of a second short. Gonna enjoy being able to gain life force on my staff too since ill probably build around a permachill style.

Posted by: CastIron.7364

CastIron.7364

ITT: Players that try to apply commonly found synergies in the traitlines of other professions to the necromancer traitlines.

That’s not how this works sillies.

Shaak ~
Played build right now: “Cele” Base Necro with Axe WvW Roaming
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140