Mesmer-Shield-Time Mage?
Engineer-Hammer-Mechanic?
Necromancer-Greatsword-Death Knight?
Thief-Rifle?-Gunner?
Guardian-Shortbow?-???
Warrior-Spear?-?
Ele-
?-???
The ones with “?” are jsut speculations, did somebody dig up something else?

New weapons per profession

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Only confirmed ones so far are:
Ranger-Staff-Druid
Mesmer-Shield-?
Engineer-Hammer-
?
Necromancer-Greatsword-???

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Don’t we also know eles have sword?

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Ele with sword MH confirmed indeed ^^

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

To be honest they should add 2 weapons for those using single-handed. Ranger gets staff, necro gets greatsword, but mesmer should get more than just a OH shield and ele more than just a MH sword

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

VergilDeZaniah.3295

But who says, let’s say, a Mesmer’s MH sword won’t have new skills when they are specialized as “Chronomancer”?

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Abdulaziz.1496

Abdulaziz.1496

But who says, let’s say, a Mesmer’s MH sword won’t have new skills when they are specialized as “Chronomancer”?

it’s either that or they might get MH pistol “They already use pistols, and anet said only 1 NEW weapon”
if it’s just a shield I’ll be very disappointed since they only have sword for melee.
Scepter isn’t melee and it’s direct damage is almost 0, they really need a direct damage MH weapon other than sword

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Where was this confirmed? This is the first I’ve seen or heard of it.

I’m a Geeleiver

VergilDeZaniah.3295

it’s either that or they might get MH pistol “They already use pistols, and anet said only 1 NEW weapon”
if it’s just a shield I’ll be very disappointed since they only have sword for melee.
Scepter isn’t melee and it’s direct damage is almost 0, they really need a direct damage MH weapon other than sword

They said one NEW weapon, they didn’t say “Chronomancers” won’t use a two-handed sword. Nothing proves that the scepter won’t be more powerful in that specialization.

Remember they could have not added specializations, but instead just a bunch of useless utility skills. One specialization is just the beginning, so don’t complain before you see the full potential of the mesmer, be grateful they gave us the opportunity to personalize our characters deeper.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

The trailer didn’t confirm it, but did hint at it, same as with thieves and rifles (i.e., an adventurer wielding a rifle showed up who didn’t look like an engi, and a scholar wielding a sword showed up who didn’t look like a mesmer).

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

^This. Or that the one handed weapons like the shield are going to be strictly off hand or main hand. What if the shield is designed to be a two handed weapon for the Mesmer? After all, the great sword for a mesmer is not a melee weapons but a ranged one.

Abdulaziz.1496

They said one NEW weapon, they didn’t say “Chronomancers” won’t use a two-handed sword. Nothing proves that the scepter won’t be more powerful in that specialization.

Remember they could have not added specializations, but instead just a bunch of useless utility skills. One specialization is just the beginning, so don’t complain before you see the full potential of the mesmer, be grateful they gave us the opportunity to personalize our characters deeper.

I do love the idea..
But the scepter for mesmer is known to be a condi weapon, I really hope that if you sprcialize you can change that.. that’d be so nice and I really think it might happen since the scepter on mesmer is one of the weapons they always try to change\fix in order for players to use it more..

scepter with guards and eles have high dps, maybe mesmers can join that list too!!

Abdulaziz.1496

^This. Or that the one handed weapons like the shield are going to be strictly off hand or main hand. What if the shield is designed to be a two handed weapon for the Mesmer? After all, the great sword for a mesmer is not a melee weapons but a ranged one.

The trailer showed that mesmer with sword MH and shield OH.

The thing is that mesmers always have a different approach for weapons.. so I won’t judge if the shield will suck on mesmer, I’ll just have my mats ready to craft the legendary shield if I like it “which I hope I will”

VergilDeZaniah.3295

I do love the idea..
But the scepter for mesmer is known to be a condi weapon, I really hope that if you sprcialize you can change that.. that’d be so nice and I really think it might happen since the scepter on mesmer is one of the weapons they always try to change\fix in order for players to use it more..

scepter with guards and eles have high dps, maybe mesmers can join that list too!!

I have faith in them for that one, let’s all wait and see and not be disappointed before it’s released in the end, we’ll all swoon!

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

The trailer showed that mesmer with sword MH and shield OH.

The thing is that mesmers always have a different approach for weapons.. so I won’t judge if the shield will suck on mesmer, I’ll just have my mats ready to craft the legendary shield if I like it “which I hope I will”

I agree with you 100%. I probably didn’t say it well, but I was just trying to illustrate that we don’t know what the weapons will do or how they will affect others, so it is a little early to start complaining about who gets what.

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Confirmed maybe not. But everyone’s been talking about it in numerous threads on this topic. I think from this.

http://youtu.be/IOUk2y0K2m8?t=1m57s

Watching it again now though I wonder. The attack does looks elemental – fire on sword and the player turning to mist…. but maybe this is the new revenant class showing their misty ways.

Posted by: Blazing Rathalos.1904

Blazing Rathalos.1904

Confirmed maybe not. But everyone’s been talking about it in numerous threads on this topic. I think from this.

http://youtu.be/IOUk2y0K2m8?t=1m57s

Watching it again now though I wonder. The attack does looks elemental – fire on sword and the player turning to mist…. but maybe this is the new revenant class showing their misty ways.

The part you linked was rytlock, who is now a revenant, the sword is on fire because it’s sohothin. I do remember people saying they believe they saw an elementalist with a sword in there somewhere, but I haven’t seen it myself.

Then again, I’m not Arenanet, and everything in
the above post could be complete and utter nonsense.

Abdulaziz.1496

I do think Eles will get swords..
The weapons they can’t weild they can cast them “conjure weapons”
which rules out “axe, bow, gs, shield and hammer”
so there’s still “sword, torch, pistol, mace and warhorn”
to me, only torch and sword kinda make sense, and I pick sword.. so, SWORD CONFIRMED.

(edited by Abdulaziz.1496)

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Where you see that? Because that Ausra in the video could be any class that wear that armor.

Knighthonor.4061

I do think Eles will get swords..
The weapons they can’t weild they can cast them “conjure weapons”
which rules out “axe, bow, gs, shield and hammer”
so there’s still “sword, torch, pistol, mace and warhorn”
to me, only torch and sword kinda make sense, and I pick sword.. so, SWORD CONFIRMED.

How does touch for water attunement sound?

Posted by: achronis.3597

achronis.3597

Well, since the revenant is a new addition that fills in the third heavy armor class, maybe they may introduce a new weapon type to even out the limited weapons available to certain classes like Eles, who can only wield daggers, foci, scepters, and staffs. Maybe have a spell book or tome that they could read and cast from? And yes, I realize that attunements provide the additional skills where additional weapons may not be needed.

If not, then any other weapon available could be used but I could definitely see the introduction of swords or bows for Eles.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Maybe Ele will have a Pike/Land Spear? It really looks like Faolain uses one in the trailer.

Knighthonor.4061

Maybe Ele will have a Pike/Land Spear? It really looks like Faolain uses one in the trailer.

Screen shot it

Posted by: Durrik.4679

Durrik.4679

Playing as an Ele main I think they’ll give us a spear. Since the elementalist only has one under water weapon the trident they might be thinking we need some flexibility underwater. I’m being slightly cynical because of how they’ve treated elementalists in the past with the balance updates.

This can be both good and bad. We know there will be an aerial component to the expansion. What they haven’t said is if we’ll have aerial combat. If we do and its like water combat it might make the elementalist the master of the air if the specialization promotes it.

If its just for water combat then it would be a bit of a waste of time, since I don’t think water will be a bit portion of the expansion.

Posted by: Nekitamo.4936

Nekitamo.4936

Only confirmed ones so far are:
Ranger-Staff-Druid
Mesmer-Shield-?
Engineer-Hammer-
?
Necromancer-Greatsword-???

In the trailer there was a medium armor class that wore a rifle on it’s back and a light armor class that wore a sword. Since they like teasing things like that I assumed those are the weapons those classes are getting. The spear and shortbow are popular community speculations that I think are most likely true… I made the post to see if soemone found confirmation of this or has any better ideas for the unknown weapons/specializations.

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Engineer Hammer was very much confirmed, as no profession but an Engineer would have little hoverbots. Or a rocket-powered hammer.

Light armor profession with sword: Mesmer. Not saying this was definitely it, but it’s a possibility. Likewise, a Medium with a Rifle could have been an Engineer.

Now, Thief getting Rifle is the most likely upgrade to their weapon choices, but it’s not confirmed. Yet.

I’m a Geeleiver