One Hero Point Temporarily Disabled

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Several days later and I still can’t get map completion. I forgot Anet operates with a different definition of “very soon” than the rest of the population.

Not really. It just your definition has nothing to do with software development.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Can someone at least confirm whether this issue will be fixed in the Dec 1st release?

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Just a heads up for you guys, it is possible to get this HC complete if you use a notorized scroll of maguuma heroics, you will need to get 2-3 rank up chests in wvw and then buy it from the vendor. I just did this now as it was the last HC I needed and it worked, got 100% complete, but it is also random which one it gives you so try to do other maps first also.

Posted by: Varconi.1804

Varconi.1804

When is this going to be fixed? This is already ridiculously long downtime for such a minor fix. I understand how slow anet works to fix bugs so I guess I just plan on not being allowed to finish map completion for a year or so. gg

XOXO Female Asura Mesmer NSP | Female Sylvari Engineer

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Will be fixed this year.

If you are lucky.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What is this push 6 people keep mentioning? Every time I have tried doing this all my buttons disappeared. No buttons to push.

Have you been trying to do this after it was disabled? I’d imagine disabling all skills, even the heal 6, would be their simplest way of preventing completion of the HP.

While it was active, you picked up the bacon. Your 6 skill became your eat skill. As soon as you ate, your health started to tick down but the same skill gave you 25% of your health back. The trick was to wait the right number of ticks, then hit your heal the moment you could each time so that at the end of the timer you wouldn’t be dead. For people with lag, this was fairly impossible unless a) a Chronomancer applied Alacrity to them so they could hit 6 more often and/or b) they put skill 6 on autocast before eating the bacon so the game would fire it off for them.

A or B or the reported mastery leveling via repeatedly using the HP are the most likely culprits for the “exploit” causing the HP shut down. Hopefully it’s the mastery leveling, as the other two just seem like clever uses of community and game mechanics to aid in beating a fairly devilish HP.

Posted by: Todd.6573

Todd.6573

Hey all,

Just a note to say that we’ve disabled one of the hero points in Auric Basin for a little while to allow the team to fix an exploit with—of all things—poisoned bacon.

The devs will get a fix in very soon and you’ll soon be able to acquire that hero point soon.

Thanks for your understanding.

Its been more than 6 days now. For a bugged Hero Point. It doesnt even take my ordered merchandise from the other side of the globe 6 days to arrive.
Hotfix it already.

Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Hey all,

Just a note to say that we’ve disabled one of the hero points in Auric Basin for a little while to allow the team to fix an exploit with—of all things—poisoned bacon.

The devs will get a fix in very soon and you’ll soon be able to acquire that hero point soon.

Its been more than 6 days now. For a bugged Hero Point. It doesnt even take my ordered merchandise from the other side of the globe 6 days to arrive.
Hotfix it already.

I feel you don’t understand what a Hotfix is. A Hotfix is a fix that is implemented while the game is still running, aka hot. It is not a fix that is magically created instantly at the leisure of the programmers. If it is taking them days to complete it, taking in mind that four of those days were effectively the holiday weekend, then it is obviously difficult and more complicated than they expected.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Hey all,

Hotfix it already.

I feel you don’t understand what a Hotfix is. A Hotfix is a fix that is implemented while the game is still running, aka hot. It is not a fix that is magically created instantly at the leisure of the programmers. If it is taking them days to complete it, taking in mind that four of those days were effectively the holiday weekend, then it is obviously difficult and more complicated than they expected.

Yes it would be so difficult to stop the hero point adding xp every time its done rather than once per day like every other hero point in the game.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Todd.6573

Todd.6573

Hey all,

Hotfix it already.

Im well aware of what a hotfix is. The only exploit that would warrant an immediate termination of said HP would be experience farm. Removing the XP alltogether would be a more appropriate solution as that does not hinder gameplay or progress for an unspecified amount of time.
The above should, in my opinion, be “hotfixable” as it is such a minor operation.
They just chose to close it entirely until todays patch i assume.

Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Hope it gets fixed soon. I’m going through bacon withdrawal on 2 of my alts.

Posted by: Rikishi.7285

Rikishi.7285

A patch was applied 2 hours ago and this still was not fixed. You could have temporarily made it a commune instead of this bacon minigame, at least…

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Maybe in 2 weeks, if we’re lucky.

Oh wait, no, they need the time to increase the fractal rewards.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Correct this was not fixed in today’s patch. A patch, that the deadline to have changes in it were sometime middle of last week, about the same time they disabled this hero challenge. Expect it in a hotfix possibly still today, but most likely tomorrow or the next day, although all we’ve been told is they are working on it and we’ll get it when it’s done.

morrolan.9608

How the hell was this not fixed already anet? This should have been a high priority as its halting progress. And it can’t be a big issue to fix. It is just ludicrous.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Lunacy Solacio.6514

How the hell was this not fixed already anet? This should have been a high priority as its halting progress. And it can’t be a big issue to fix. It is just ludicrous.

However they go about fixing it has to be tested so as not to repeat the problem or prevent it from working at all.

Posted by: Boomer.2834

Boomer.2834

Disable them all, hell you can’t get anything done in this HoT% Crap unless you find a Zerg to hook up with. I’d like do disable that dam pop up telling me to upgrade my mastery all the time for my updraft gliding, everytime I try to it ‘s way upstairs and I need a bouncing mushroom (who was the idiot that came up with that one) or I need Exalted this or Exalted that, what a screwed up mess. If your solo you cant fight your was successfully through anything because you got a ton of spawning behind you, so then you have to run your kitten of and it doesn’t take long to see you’re running in circles or a DEAD END! This is the LAST time I preorder anything, my regret is Ive spent well over $1000 on this CRAPOLA!

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

When its ready.

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

Fixed with todays patch. Thanks!

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Ironically, it was fixed with the evening patch on Tuesday, while the complaining was still going on. It was either re-enabled then or shortly thereafter, it just wasn’t in the notes.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Fixed with todays patch. Thanks!

Thank you for making people aware that bacon is, again, safe for consumption. Well… sort of.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Good to see Anet weren’t hogging this Hero Point. It was starting to get rather boar-ing

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Good to see Anet weren’t hogging this Hero Point. It was starting to get rather boar-ing

Oh man, talk about hamming it up in the forums!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

morrolan.9608

I obviously spoke to soon because it wasn’t in the patch notes I would apologise for jumping the gun but you really should make sure your patch notes are complete.

Jade Quarry [SoX]