Only 6 New Legendaries in Total?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I found this very interesting. We all know by now that there are only 3 new legendaries coming to HoT on day one. This article suggest that there are only 3 more coming after that. Can we get a confirmation on this? I don’t want to misconstrue anything.
http://massivelyop.com/2015/08/10/gamescom-2015-guild-wars-2s-new-mastery-system-details-revealed/?utm_content=buffer727f2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Quote: Now there’s a fourth tier in here, because for the new set of legendaries we’re putting in, you’ll be able to go all the way to the full legendary item. Three new legendaries will launch on the day with HoT, and then we’ll add three more in updates over time.”

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

3 they have planned
its likely they will add more as they come up with ideas for them.

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

3 on expansion release, then 3 more every couple of updates or so (or in increments Anet find manageable for creating the scavenger hunts) until we have a full set.

At least that is how I took it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As I read it, they will release New Legendaries in sets of three in upcoming updates. So, three at launch, 3 in a subsequent update, 3 more in an update sometime after that, etc. Not that there are only 3 more coming after the initial three.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

So will the stuff released after the expansion but not part of it will be available to people who didn’t buy it? This is getting confusing. We’re waiting for an expansion we have pre-paid for and they are telling us that some of it will be released after.

Are all updates subsequent to the expansion considered part of it?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t know if all updates will require HoT purchase to take advantage of them, but I’m guessing a good amount will. Heart of Thorns is the base game now.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I wouldnt bet on them adding new ones any time soon. these 6 legendaries took them like 2 years? and only 3 ready with release? there would probably be another expansion before any past 6 were released.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

So will the stuff released after the expansion but not part of it will be available to people who didn’t buy it? This is getting confusing. We’re waiting for an expansion we have pre-paid for and they are telling us that some of it will be released after.

IIRC, i read that all updates after HoT will required HoT (except bug fix)
that is one of the perk of buying HoT

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

phys.7689

most likely based on what they said.

basically buying the latest expansion is the subscription cost for new content. Not a totally unfair system monetarily. Problem is where the two different types of users overlap.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Wow, what a kittening joke.

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I thought there would be a whole bunch released with HoT to provide people with a lot of choice of which legendary type they wish to level first. Are these three legendaries including the 2 new legendary backpacks (fractal and PvP) that have already been mentioned?

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

Colin already answered that on reddit btw:

They meant to say we’ll regularly keep adding more via live updates – we’ll discuss our live plan for Gw2 more, once we’re done discussing all of HoT!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ggoyd/massively_overpowered_on_the_mastery_system_incl/cty14xp

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

They will add more in time.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Lol you guys think you’re actually going to see those 3 new legendary weapons? If you really think that then I have a bridge in brooklyn i’d like to sell you…

I mean look at the track record so far:

2013: promise to have a full set of new legendary weapons by the end of the year
2013: (3 months later)- Delayed
2013: (5 months later)- Delayed again and back to the drawing board
2014: Crickets
2015: (April)- Announced a new SET of legendary weapons coming with the expansion
2015: (June)- Announced that only a “handful” of Legendary weapons will be in the expansion with the rest to follow
2015: (August) Announced that only 3 weapons will be in at HoT launch, and only 3 more are planned at this time.

I mean how gullible can you guys get… there are NO legendary weapons, this is just 2013 all over again.

Edit: LOL it is even worse than I thought. They specifically say they are adding 3 new legendary ITEMS at launch… guess what… they already revealed 2 of those to be BACKPACKS. That means at most we are now getting ONE legendary weapon at launch lol.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

But Colins smile is trustworthy

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Iason Evan.3806

That’s really disconcerting. So it’s not like an expansion pack really. It’s more like a front loaded episodic content release that you pay for up front? Does that mean there will be a lack of armor sets to earn as well? Just outfits on the cash shop?

When we get ticked off at the development approach does it make sense to you? Like, can you see why this would be disgruntling when you bury information like “handful of legendaries” to hide it? We still have zero clue on how may maps are in this x-pac. Does that mean that you will release more maps before the next x-pac and call it part of the x-pac?

Why not call it what it is:
Prepaid Episodic Content Pack

It’s not an expansion.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I’m also very very disappointed in this – in a game that’s mainly driven by end-game rare cosmetic gear Legendary items are a must in order to keep players motivated.
I really don’t see how 3 years after the game came out they’ve yet to give us more legendary weapons to work on.

I also don’t see how releasing just 3 will do any good – we need more skins to go for not less.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

- harpoon gun
- spear
- trident

that would be the only fair solution if they are doing 3 weapons

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Lol you guys think you’re actually going to see those 3 new legendary weapons? If you really think that then I have a bridge in brooklyn i’d like to sell you…

2013: promise to have a full set of new legendary weapons by the end of the year
2015: (April)- Announced a new SET of legendary weapons coming with the expansion
2015: (June)- Announced that only a “handful” of Legendary weapons will be in the expansion with the rest to follow
2015: (August) Announced that only 3 weapons will be in at HoT launch, and only 3 more are planned at this time.

I mean how gullible can you guys get… there are NO legendary weapons, this is just 2013 all over again.

Edit: LOL it is even worse than I thought. They specifically say they are adding 3 new legendary ITEMS at launch… guess what… they already revealed 2 of those to be BACKPACKS. That means at most we are now getting ONE legendary weapon at launch lol.

Don’t be so dramatic. Other games got 1-2 legendaries every expansion…
Also, they haven’t promised to release a full set. They just said they plan to release new legendaries (undefined) at the end of 2013. With the decision to go for an Xpac they kept them as a feature for HOT. Since it takes ages to craft one legendary just start with one you like, we’ll see if those two back items (I thought it was one?) are counted towards legendary ‘items’.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I’m okay with this really, not much more to say.

Except for those all up-in-arms about the lack of information/general disgruntledness about the information we did get concerning the pre-purchase. No one told you you HAD to pre-purchase now, you were free to wati logner to get more information. Be more wise with how you spend your money and don’t jsut jump in with eyes closed.
(i guess this is more of a general comment than jsut in this thread, but saw it mentioned again so thought, why the heck not :p)

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Gamers are so spoiled these days.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

This is full priced expansion not some season pass. “More sometime in the future” is not OK for an expansion.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Hardly spoiled to expect things for a full priced product with a cash shop on top.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Iason Evan.3806

A lot of people have been very patient over the years for the release of new Legendary Weapons. We were told ages ago that new ones were coming. We waited. We were told again, they were coming. We waited some more. Then they went and put those legendaries behind a paywall of an expansion. Fine.

Then it became a handful of new legendaries in this post in March: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/ and it was buried all the way at the bottom of the page. People rightly assumed that meant Legendary Weapons and no one from ArenaNet thought to correct them. At least one of the three new Legendary items is a backpiece. That’s all well and good, but that should have been communicated in freaking March! No one was even remotely thinking about new legendary backpieces. We have been waiting for over two years for these new legendaries and now they are behind a paywall and it isn’t even a full set and they are being released incrementally over who knows how long a time frame.

With ArenaNet being a self professed “iterative company” all that could change in a heart beat and those could be thrown behind a paywall of the next expansion at a whim. You know, just like the legendaries, Fractal leaderboards, and Fractal weapon boxes that were supposed to be released int he Fractured update ages ago.

There’s no being spoiled here. Just thin patience.

And for the love of Pete, can I get an official response to my original question? It’s like pulling teeth getting definitive answers around here.

(edited by Iason Evan.3806)

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

3 on expansion release, then 3 more every couple of updates or so (or in increments Anet find manageable for creating the scavenger hunts) until we have a full set.

My thoughts as well. In think setting up the scavenger hunts is where the delay really is. Likely ANet already has far more than those intended 3 complete (skin wise at least) but they’re now figuring out the scavenger hunt part.

I wouldnt bet on them adding new ones any time soon. these 6 legendaries took them like 2 years? and only 3 ready with release? there would probably be another expansion before any past 6 were released.

In your hypothetical scenario ANet has been working on those new legendaries for 2 years now. We have no proof of this being the case. The first time (as far as I know) they mentioned new legendaries is the beginning of this year. So we cannot assume they’ve had people working on this for 2 years now for all we know they only started on them in January.

Living Story yes. We don’t know if the Legendaries will be tied to the living stories, or if the scavenger hunts will require HoT. Mind you as far as I remember precursors will still drop randomly, simply now you’d have a means of getting them without having to sacrifice to the Gods of RNG.

In what way?

You know its people like you that caused ANet to stop communicating things that were in-development?

This is full priced expansion not some season pass. “More sometime in the future” is not OK for an expansion.

So I take it you buy a WoW expansion and complain that they haven’t added all the Raids in one go as well?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

So I take it you buy a WoW expansion and complain that they haven’t added all the Raids in one go as well?

I don’t buy kitten stuff. “WoW did it too” is one of the worst excuses ever.

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

Calling gamers “spoiled” for expecting quality in a product for your money is naive and symbolic of a problem involving gamers and just throwing money desperately at any gaming company willing to make a game at all close to your already low expectations.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Legendary back items were talked about in two places, the recent news about the fractal updates, and the news about the PvP leagues. It’s not clear if they were talking about one item or two separate ones, though.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I know some of the legendaries are considered by some players to be too silly for them to want to create/buy, so I think Anet will address those particular legendaries first. In particular, Quip and the Dreamer are the “offenders.” I’m not sure if the Moot is considered silly enough compared to the Minstrel, but it’s a disco ball with trumpets so that may be part of the three.

Iason Evan.3806

I know some of the legendaries are considered by some players to be too silly for them to want to create/buy, so I think Anet will address those particular legendaries first. In particular, Quip and the Dreamer are the “offenders.” I’m not sure if the Moot is considered silly enough compared to the Minstrel, but it’s a disco ball with trumpets so that may be part of the three.

Normally I would agree with you, but none of those weapons has been announced as a new weapon for an Elite Spec. I would imagine they would want to play up some of those with some new shinies. It’s too bad too. I am trying not to superimpose my desire on what ArenaNet will give us though. That always goes poorly.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

That’s really disconcerting. So it’s not like an expansion pack really. It’s more like a front loaded episodic content release that you pay for up front? Does that mean there will be a lack of armor sets to earn as well? Just outfits on the cash shop?

When we get ticked off at the development approach does it make sense to you? Like, can you see why this would be disgruntling when you bury information like “handful of legendaries” to hide it? We still have zero clue on how may maps are in this x-pac. Does that mean that you will release more maps before the next x-pac and call it part of the x-pac?

Why not call it what it is:
Prepaid Episodic Content Pack

It’s not an expansion.

The bigger problem with that is the fact that episodic content was supposed to be supported via gemstore sales. They’re trying to charge a premium price for it, and continue raking in the gemstore money.

This $50 price tag is only acceptable if we’re getting a full $50 expansion worth of content on launch day.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I know right!

I remember the days when you went to a shop (as in physically went there) to buy a game and it would keep you occupied for months.

I remember a time when expansions told you what you got in them and only asked for your money when it came out and was finished.

I even remember when they came with manuals, some of which were books (as in real hundreds of physical paper books) in and of themselves.

I even remember when this DRM thing didn’t exist and you could take your games where you want and install it wherever you wanted and play wherever you wanted with whoever you wanted.

I also remember when even accounting for inflation they were cheaper!

Yep, so spoilt we are now.

mrstealth.6701

Console games have been $50-60 since the 80s, which is equivalent to $90-100 today. I think a lot of PC games did stay around $40-50 into the early-mid 2000s. The original Guild Wars games being among those.

Of course, deluxe and collectors editions weren’t common back then. Neither were pre-order bonuses.

And games had to ship in a functional state because updates were not feasible (or even possible for consoles).

In my opinion, the only reasonable newer trend in the game market we’ve seen since those days is DLCs. And that is only when they aren’t being pushed as day-one products that should be in the base game, and aren’t overpriced for the amount of content they provide.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Bubi.7942

Yeah, I’m so spoiled for expecting something that was promised to be delivered 20+ months ago. I mean, if my grandchildren can see the new legenderies, I’m OK with it.

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

Yeah, I’m so spoiled for expecting something that was promised to be delivered 20+ months ago. I mean, if my grandchildren can see the new legenderies, I’m OK with it.

You were promised that they will try to give legendaries. You were not promised that they will, 100%, give you ones.

dsslive.8473

Calling gamers “spoiled” for expecting quality in a product for your money is naive and symbolic of a problem involving gamers and just throwing money desperately at any gaming company willing to make a game at all close to your already low expectations.

Technically, no one was talking about quality but quantity, this thread isn’t about how good the legendaries we will get at start and their scavenger hutns will be but how many there will be.

So technically, they’d be calling people spoiled because you expect quantity.

Anyhow, that’s all folks :p

Bubi.7942

You were promised that they will try to give legendaries. You were not promised that they will, 100%, give you ones.

Except, you know, not.

“Legendary Gear and Precursors

We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013."

But hey! SAB is coming back in 2018 too, so no problems!

ProtoGunner.4953

I know right!

I remember the days when you went to a shop (as in physically went there) to buy a game and it would keep you occupied for months.

I remember a time when expansions told you what you got in them and only asked for your money when it came out and was finished.

I even remember when they came with manuals, some of which were books (as in real hundreds of physical paper books) in and of themselves.

I even remember when this DRM thing didn’t exist and you could take your games where you want and install it wherever you wanted and play wherever you wanted with whoever you wanted.

I remember when i went to a shop to buy a game about for about twice the amount I pay now and finished it within a couple of hours.

I even remember when they came with manuals, some of which were books and I almost never read them.

Two other points granted.

Don’t forget: nostalgia makes everything beautiful though. I literally finished Super Mario Land within 45mins, it was a full priced game, but we didn’t complain.

You complain about an MMO which initially cost 60€/$ and you could play thousand of hours, now they add an expansion for 50 bucks and this is not a static expansion, they will add additional stuff as they always do. In my opinion it is an insolence even to complain in a manner so many people do it here. Yes, we are spoiled people.

‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Ambush.3251

Ambush.3251

I know right!

I remember when i went to a shop to buy a game about for about twice the amount I pay now and finished it within a couple of hours.

I even remember when they came with manuals, some of which were books and I almost never read them.

Two other points granted.

Don’t forget: nostalgia makes everything beautiful though. I literally finished Super Mario Land within 45mins, it was a full priced game, but we didn’t complain.

You complain about an MMO which initially cost 60€/$ and you could play thousand of hours, now they add an expansion for 50 bucks and this is not a static expansion, they will add additional stuff as they always do. In my opinion it is an insolence even to complain in a manner so many people do it here. Yes, we are spoiled people.

If that’s not the biggest BS I’ve ever seen..

ProtoGunner.4953

Try at least to counter-argue. If you can’t just don’t try.

‘would of been’ —> wrong

phys.7689

My thoughts as well. In think setting up the scavenger hunts is where the delay really is. Likely ANet already has far more than those intended 3 complete (skin wise at least) but they’re now figuring out the scavenger hunt part.

In your hypothetical scenario ANet has been working on those new legendaries for 2 years now. We have no proof of this being the case. The first time (as far as I know) they mentioned new legendaries is the beginning of this year. So we cannot assume they’ve had people working on this for 2 years now for all we know they only started on them in January.

Living Story yes. We don’t know if the Legendaries will be tied to the living stories, or if the scavenger hunts will require HoT. Mind you as far as I remember precursors will still drop randomly, simply now you’d have a means of getting them without having to sacrifice to the Gods of RNG.

In what way?

You know its people like you that caused ANet to stop communicating things that were in-development?

they had a leak of items which will probably be legendaries back in 2013. They havent showed up in game to date.
proof enough for a court of law? no, but im willing to bet you literally, that one of them will be one of the leaked ones.

anyhow, regardless, they will only have 3 ready for the expansion. They have been working on the expansion according to themselves for about 2 years now. those numbers dont make it seem too likely that one would see a full set before a new expansion arrives.

when it comes to content development, historically speaking from anet you should always expect the minimum that they say. Expecting more has not been shown to be fruitful.
when have they overdelivered on anything since release?

and bubi provides evidence they were working on it since 2013

“Legendary Gear and Precursors

We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013."

But hey! SAB is coming back in 2018 too, so no problems!

(edited by phys.7689)

Posted by: Ambush.3251

Ambush.3251

Try at least to counter-argue. If you can’t just don’t try.

Time changes, value changes. There’s nothing to counter-argue with a guy still stuck in mid-90’s. This expansion is forcefeeded BS that comes at the price of buying fewer contents at gold price and pray for the best in the near future.

Barely off topic but guess what : with the new gear and pvp system (that REALLY looks like Gw2 casual mechanics), Legion will only have to drop the suscription to bury Gw2 for good. And I can assure you we’re not so far from here.

mrstealth.6701

Except that GW2 (and pretty much any MMO) is not just a $60 game purchase. It was marketed and sold as an ongoing service that will be receiving updates and new content. And whether or not you are buying them yourself, gems exist to support that. The gemstore isn’t some little slapped on thing to make Anet some extra cash, it is the lifeblood of GW2’s continued updates. It’s what we have instead of being charged a monthly subscription fee.

Of course, even games that do have a monthly fee still sell paid expansions. But the entire point behind an expansion is a large drop of content right now and in addition to the cash shop supported updates. Not stopping those other updates, then acting like the comings months’ releases are still part of the expansion. HoT is whatever comes out on the day it’s released, and that content needs to stand up to the $50 price tag.

If Anet wants to sell HoT as a content-over-time package, then they can stop putting new items into the gemstore every few weeks and cut the prices on the items that are already in there.

ProtoGunner.4953

I am not a fan of the constant flow of those vanity items. But there it is: it’s vanity, you don’t need it and you can enjoy the gameplay without a legendary or a skin you can buy. That said: the game is at least fair and you can buy the items with ingame gold. Granted, since the exchange rate is extremely bad and even items like additional bag slots cost an insane amount of gold they should lower the prices or make items like bag slots, hair cuts etc. available via in game gold. I think that’s the price we have to pay without a monthly fee.

We still have to see what HOT has to offer. Yes, content doesn’t look much compared to other MMOs but even then you can sink lots of hours in it. There are games as short kitten -10 hours like The Last Of Us. But no one complains about the price tag of 10-15h.

‘would of been’ —> wrong

Iason Evan.3806

I am not a fan of the constant flow of those vanity items. But there it is: it’s vanity, you don’t need it and you can enjoy the gameplay without a legendary or a skin you can buy. That said: the game is at least fair and you can buy the items with ingame gold. Granted, since the exchange rate is extremely bad and even items like additional bag slots cost an insane amount of gold they should lower the prices or make items like bag slots, hair cuts etc. available via in game gold. I think that’s the price we have to pay without a monthly fee.

We still have to see what HOT has to offer. Yes, content doesn’t look much compared to other MMOs but even then you can sink lots of hours in it. There are games as short kitten -10 hours like The Last Of Us. But no one complains about the price tag of 10-15h.

The point I had in mind when I started the thread wasn’t that we needed new vanity items it was that we were told new legendaries were coming and we all thought: “Yay! Finally, new Legendary Weapons!” None of us thought it would be only 3 and two of them would be back items(Fractal Back item announced in a blog and a PvP back item announced at gamescom).

The Legendary weapons that were said to be coming literally years ago when ArenaNet themselves said they may never do an expansion are now behind a paywall of an expansion.

Think about that critically for a second. We were told on multiple occasions we were getting new ones and now not only are they behind a paywall, there may not be any new weapons. They may all be back items! The third one could be another back item(One new legendary requires us to do Fractals! Awesome! One requires PvP! Again, awesome! They are giving reasons to play this content and rewarding people with legendary items that like this content) The third one could require WvW play or the new Guild Battles or new map completion goals and it could be another back item.

No one was thinking about legendary back items. We were all thinking we were getting new Legendary weapons. Not only did they wait until the HoT character slot pre-order window was closed before announcing this, they haven’t even answered my original question!

My original question is: Are we getting 3 new legendaries at release and only 3 more after that, or are they releasing one at a time after the initial 3? Are they doing them in groups of 3? Are there any new Legendary Weapons?

dsslive.8473

The point I had in mind when I started the thread wasn’t that we needed new vanity items it was that we were told new legendaries were coming and we all thought: “Yay! Finally, new Legendary Weapons!” None of us thought it would be only 3 and two of them would be back items(Fractal Back item announced in a blog and a PvP back item announced at gamescom).

The Legendary weapons that were said to be coming literally years ago when ArenaNet themselves said they may never do an expansion are now behind a paywall of an expansion.

Think about that critically for a second. We were told on multiple occasions we were getting new ones and now not only are they behind a paywall, there may not be any new weapons. They may all be back items! The third one could be another back item(One new legendary requires us to do Fractals! Awesome! One requires PvP! Again, awesome! They are giving reasons to play this content and rewarding people with legendary items that like this content) The third one could require WvW play or the new Guild Battles or new map completion goals and it could be another back item.

No one was thinking about legendary back items. We were all thinking we were getting new Legendary weapons. Not only did they wait until the HoT character slot pre-order window was closed before announcing this, they haven’t even answered my original question!

My original question is: Are we getting 3 new legendaries at release and only 3 more after that, or are they releasing one at a time after the initial 3? Are they doing them in groups of 3? Are there any new Legendary Weapons?

The legendary backpacks have not been stated to be using the mastery tracks, the pvp one is gotten through pvp (by building it up) and the fotm ones is most likely .. well , fotm related. Is it possible? could be, but nothing has said that these will use the mastery tracks and scavenger hunt like the legendary weapons. So i’d hold off on assuming the backpacks are alrdy 2 of the 3 new legendaries.

We were all thinking we were getting new Legendary weapons.
- we are getting new legendaries, i think you meant to say, a new FULL set of legendary weapons.

As for your last question , i believe they come out in groups of 3 in subsequent patches, with 3 being at the start with HOT. So far nothing has been pointing that the legenadry backpieces fall under those 3, while it is a possibility, i’d hold off on getting worked up about it or worry about it till we have more information on it.

Iason Evan.3806

@dsslive: My assumption comes from the only announced legendaries not being the ones we want to see but rather, backpieces. Are legendary backpieces cool? Sure. Is it what we wanted legendary info on? I am not sure about that. I think we want to know about the weapons.

I am sure there are people that are way more into legendary back pieces than weapons. I’d be willing to wager a dapper llama that those people are in the minority though.

When they say that only three new legendaries are coming with HoT’s release day and they announce a few backpieces…that isn’t the best way to communicate to players and doesn’t give me any confidence that weapons will come at all. heck, they’ve been saying new legendaries are coming since 2013. Why should I hope at this point that any of that will actually come to fruition?

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

You just listed all my favourite legendaries – oh if only Mesmer could use mace :*(

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think the OP is taking the one sentence out of context. Ms. Cox is talking about the Mastery line for Precursors; adds that there is a fourth track and states that 3 Legendaries will release at launch. Pretty sure she wasn’t talking about something suddenly off-topic.

Poor Devs (or transcribers of interviews); they must be ever so careful to spell out, in minute detail, every single thing they refer to.

phys.7689

I think the OP is taking the one sentence out of context. Ms. Cox is talking about the Mastery line for Precursors; adds that there is a fourth track and states that 3 Legendaries will release at launch. Pretty sure she wasn’t talking about something suddenly off-topic.

Poor Devs (or transcribers of interviews); they must be ever so careful to spell out, in minute detail, every single thing they refer to.

what are you talking about?

the OP is saying that there will only be 3 legendaries on release, and that they will eventually add 3 more at an indeterminate time in the future. after that, its unknown territory.
thats what the quote does say