Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

ten bug fixes with 15 charachters

Only 6 New Legendaries in Total?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Colin already answered that on reddit btw:

They meant to say we’ll regularly keep adding more via live updates – we’ll discuss our live plan for Gw2 more, once we’re done discussing all of HoT!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ggoyd/massively_overpowered_on_the_mastery_system_incl/cty14xp

Would be nice if there were as active on their own forums as they are on freakin’ reddit.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

@dsslive: My assumption comes from the only announced legendaries not being the ones we want to see but rather, backpieces. Are legendary backpieces cool? Sure. Is it what we wanted legendary info on? I am not sure about that. I think we want to know about the weapons.

I am sure there are people that are way more into legendary back pieces than weapons. I’d be willing to wager a dapper llama that those people are in the minority though.

When they say that only three new legendaries are coming with HoT’s release day and they announce a few backpieces…that isn’t the best way to communicate to players and doesn’t give me any confidence that weapons will come at all. heck, they’ve been saying new legendaries are coming since 2013. Why should I hope at this point that any of that will actually come to fruition?

Well for all info there will be people that are not interested, and those who aren’t, all info will be released in time, what the “majority” (something that is completely unknown) wouild rather see is not that important. The information will be released in due time.

I don’t remember saying anything about having hope. But i’ll counter the question with this, why should you worry about something with reletively little (and sometimes confusing) information In due time we will know all there is to know, so it might be bad, it might be good, but worrying over it just stresses you out, so why bother?

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

@dsslive: My assumption comes from the only announced legendaries not being the ones we want to see but rather, backpieces. Are legendary backpieces cool? Sure. Is it what we wanted legendary info on? I am not sure about that. I think we want to know about the weapons.

I am sure there are people that are way more into legendary back pieces than weapons. I’d be willing to wager a dapper llama that those people are in the minority though.

When they say that only three new legendaries are coming with HoT’s release day and they announce a few backpieces…that isn’t the best way to communicate to players and doesn’t give me any confidence that weapons will come at all. heck, they’ve been saying new legendaries are coming since 2013. Why should I hope at this point that any of that will actually come to fruition?

Well for all info there will be people that are not interested, and those who aren’t, all info will be released in time, what the “majority” (something that is completely unknown) wouild rather see is not that important. The information will be released in due time.

I don’t remember saying anything about having hope. But i’ll counter the question with this, why should you worry about something with reletively little (and sometimes confusing) information In due time we will know all there is to know, so it might be bad, it might be good, but worrying over it just stresses you out, so why bother?

Because when Mike O’Brien and Colin stood up in front of an audience at PAX South at the beginning of the year they knew what those legendaries were. Same for Linsey Murdock when she did this blog post all the way back in March: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

She knew what the legendaries were and what they weren’t. They need to work on their communication. They know what players(monetary supporters of their game)are thinking when they talk about Legendaries. Not a single player at PAX South was thinking, “Hooray! Legendary backpieces are coming!” Not a one. Not a single person at home that set aside time to read Linsay’s blog was thinking about backpieces. Not a single person. And they know this and yet they continue to put out misleading information or just flat out don’t care. Either way, they need to work on their communication.

This goes back to 2013 dude. I’ve had two and a half years of patience. I log in to get my daily rewards now and log out. I am looking for something, anything that screams to me that ArenaNet wants my money for this expansion pack. Nothing has done that yet, and going from saying in 2013 that Legendaries are coming and then they don’t to saying that new Legendaries are coming in 2015 to a blog post in March that says a “handful” are coming to then saying at Gamesom that there are 3 coming on HoT’s release day, and then showing me 2 backpieces?! Wow!

I’m all out of patience with it.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Iason Evan.3806)

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Because when Mike O’Brien and Colin stood up in front of an audience at PAX South at the beginning of the year they knew what those legendaries were. Same for Linsey Murdock when she did this blog post all the way back in March: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

She knew what the legendaries were and what they weren’t. They need to work on their communication. They know what players(monetary supporters of their game)are thinking when they talk about Legendaries. Not a single player at PAX South was thinking, “Hooray! Legendary backpieces are coming!” Not a one. Not a single person at home that set aside time to read Linsay’s blog was thinking about backpieces. Not a single person. And they know this and yet they continue to put out misleading information or just flat out don’t care. Either way, they need to work on their communication.

This goes back to 2013 dude. I’ve had two and a half years of patience. I log in to get my daily rewards now and log out. I am looking for something, anything that screams to me that ArenaNet wants my money for this expansion pack. Nothing has done that yet, and going from saying in 2013 that Legendaries are coming and then they don’t to saying that new Legendaries are coming in 2015 to a blog post in March that says a “handful” are coming to their are 3 coming on HoT’s release day, and then showing me 2 backpieces. Wow.

I’m all out of patience with it.

“they need to work on their communication”
Not really news there, totally agree with that.

As for the legendary backpieces, no one was expecting those because we didn’t know they were even an option, so ofc at that time no one “wanted” those (well expected those, legendary armor ahs been a topic for quite some threads , backpiece counts as armor right?) That doesn’t make the information unimportant, they talked about legendaries , the scavenger hunt, all that they still have to do is shown an actual expample of a legendary weapon really.

As for the final part, i still stand with what i said, people get so up in arms , it will never do anything other then stress you out. Just take things as they come and decide whether its worth it to you from what you know.

tl:dr
They need to work on communication (big wauw :p) , nobody expected backpieces so ofc they werent thinking about them and chillax and just take it as it comes

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

The majority of players will never have a legendary, so for those players, it doesn’t matter if they add 3 or 30. Their game experience won’t be that different with or without new legendaries. Should the devs focus on content that the majority will see, or will a few more “shiny” skins be the determining factor of quality and completeness of the xpac?

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

The majority of players will never have a legendary, so for those players, it doesn’t matter if they add 3 or 30. Their game experience won’t be that different with or without new legendaries. Should the devs focus on content that the majority will see, or will a few more “shiny” skins be the determining factor of quality and completeness of the xpac?

They should absolutely work on the content that they promised. Basically everybody who watched the HoT announcement at PAX thought “Awesome, a new set of legendaries.” Then we find out that its only 3 new legendaries. An absolute disappointment.

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

I never really understood the big deal about legendaries, most are way too over the top for me. I’m much more curious to see the normal weapons and armour they’ll add!

Though in any case, if I was interested in legendaries I would definitely prefer a smaller but more fleshed out number, with lore and all that, over a large quantity of random sparkleweapons. Therefor I hope they’ll do a mace and pistol first, since that disco ball and joker pistol really could use an alternative that looks like it actually belongs in the setting.

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

They will add more in time.

This is full priced expansion not some season pass. “More sometime in the future” is not OK for an expansion.

Worrying about 3 legendary weapons when there are many other aspects of the expansion to worry about is a little silly. Feel free to save your money.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think the OP is taking the one sentence out of context. Ms. Cox is talking about the Mastery line for Precursors; adds that there is a fourth track and states that 3 Legendaries will release at launch. Pretty sure she wasn’t talking about something suddenly off-topic.

Poor Devs (or transcribers of interviews); they must be ever so careful to spell out, in minute detail, every single thing they refer to.

what are you talking about?

the OP is saying that there will only be 3 legendaries on release, and that they will eventually add 3 more at an indeterminate time in the future. after that, its unknown territory.
thats what the quote does say

You are absolutely correct. My bad. I should have referred to (and quoted) those who are using the statement quoted in the OP to claim that Ms. Cox was not referring to Legendary weapons.

Again, my apologies. =)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I like ANet’s track record:

• Every time I’ve purchased a game, expansion, or “campaign” from them they’ve delivered a core product that has provided 100s of hours of solid entertainment.
  • In addition, they provide frequent content/story and balance/mechanics updates at no additional costs.

I don’t care in the least if it’s 3 legendaries or 40, 3 maps or 50. I only care about whether it’s fun and challenging and based on past performance, it seems likely that’s what we will get yet again.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Gamers are so spoiled these days.

lol

I remember when gaming companies weren’t so greedy.

OP
Just take my money and give me new shiny.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

They had a pretty good track record from GW1 up till GW2’s release, although there were many bugs at launch that took far too long to clean up. We still have some of them, too. But it was still in a lot better state than many other AAA games are at launch.

Their record since then has been less impressive. Lots more bugs. Rushed, underwhelming LS releases…that often had progress-blocking bugs. Major feature updates have been pretty good but far apart, and again often filled with bugs that persisted for weeks or months. I know that bugs happen, and no software is without them. But some of this stuff is just obviously pushed out with zero testing.

I think the best has to be when they (intentionally!!) re-ordered half of the personal story to a point where it no longer made any sense. And it took them 10 months to get around to fixing it. It was improved in that time, but it should have at least been reverted to its old state 9 months before that.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

• Every time I’ve purchased a game, expansion, or “campaign” from them they’ve delivered a core product that has provided 100s of hours of solid entertainment.
  • In addition, they provide frequent content/story and balance/mechanics updates at no additional costs.

I don’t care in the least if it’s 3 legendaries or 40, 3 maps or 50. I only care about whether it’s fun and challenging and based on past performance, it seems likely that’s what we will get yet again.

I guess it’s your choice to buy the season pass whitout even knowing if there will be a season.

Iason Evan.3806

I guess it’s your choice to buy the season pass whitout even knowing if there will be a season.

The sad part about the post is that ArenaNet’s track record is fantastic. This time though they are releasing content over time and charging you for it. With Season 1 and 2 they subsidized development costs with the gem shop. This time they are calling it an expansion pack and still releasing content in the form of a season over time. You aren’t getting a complete x-pac. Sure, there is a lot of content up front. That’s just fact. A lot of it will be released over time though instead of you getting it day of release. New Legendaries, killing Mordremoth, story content leading up to Mordremoth aren’t coming in this “x-pac”. They are now essentially charging you money for what should be seasonal content and also regularly updating the gem shop.

I was a big proponent of expansion packs for GW2. Complete x-pacs. The seasons were spotty in terms of quality. Some were top notch, others were shaky. The x-pac I wanted though was like a traditional x-pac. You pay money for a complete story. If you all want to pay money up front for episodic content that is incomplete, be my guest.

(edited by Iason Evan.3806)

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

New Legendaries, killing Mordremoth, story content leading up to Mordremoth aren’t coming in this “x-pac”.

Where did you read that? As far as I know, we don’t have any confirmation about whether or not we will be defeating Mordremoth at the end of this expansion.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

If that’s not the biggest BS I’ve ever seen..

Try at least to counter-argue. If you can’t just don’t try.

Let me give it a try.

First and foremost, I could not care less if there are 1, 6 or 6^6 new legies in HoT.
Do I, after over 7K hours without a precursor drop, think it is a good idea to make them more accessible for those that want them and don´t want to spend all their gold or RL money on them? Sure!

As someone quoted, it was promised in 2013, so players can be rightfully mad it did not make it´s way into the game 2013, 2014 or up to 08/2015. That does not mean that they have a legal right to sue Anet for the lack of promised content, but a moral one for staying along with the game for so long, creating veteran players to give new players a sense that GW2 is not a sinking ship. If we don´t buy anymore, the company gets ousted from the market and goes out of business if it was it´s only market. This is a lesson many companies had to learn the hard way, for example when the age of ship building and respective the age of steel mills was over and they did not notice it early enough.

But wait, can i hear you say, it is just a game that did cost 60 Dollar, Euro or whatever coinage and made you play for a rather long time per buck if you choose to stay along, every sense of entitlement to new stuff is off then as you got what you paid for!
True? No, not exactly. You have a point up until the average playability of games that don´t get DLCd, expanded or whatever. These average times which are measured by communities, bloggers and gaming magazines, have long, long been reached by most of us. If you still enjoy the content after that time is irrelevant from a business perspective. After that time is over, you either have to deliver new stuff for your customer to keep him with your product or watch it reach it´s peak and then vanish after it´s cycle is over. And that is not a moral idea, that is a lesson from marketing 101.

Another approach, this time from accounting but blowing in the same horn:
Assume you buy a feeless antivirus programm(GW2). If it is written off taxes after 2 years and you still use it, it´s worth is is only symbolic after the last year went off into the tax sunset, usually measured with a lofty 1 € symbolic worth.

Tl:Dr Products are writen off after a time if they are not adequately supplemented, improved or absolutley necessary to live on like food/drink/a place to sleep/medicine, and the clock of GW2 is ticking quite loud right now.

Iason Evan.3806

New Legendaries, killing Mordremoth, story content leading up to Mordremoth aren’t coming in this “x-pac”.

Where did you read that? As far as I know, we don’t have any confirmation about whether or not we will be defeating Mordremoth at the end of this expansion.

I am just watching development and communication trends. Go back and watch the HoT announcement by Mike and Colin at PAX South. They confirm Legendaries. In March there was a blog post by Linsey and all the way at the bottom it turns into a handful of Legendaries. They started revealing Legendaries about a week ago. 2 Legendary Backpieces. One you get stuff for in Fractals and the other in PvP. They have since confirmed in the interview in my OP that there are only 3 Legendaries at launch of HoT. 2 of them are backpieces.

Now think about what I said at the start of that last paragraph. Colin and Mike said Legendaries were coming. Think about if they had said we are releasing 3 legendaries at the launch of HoT and 2 are backpieces. The reaction from the fan base would have been awful and for good reason. It’s bad enough that they said legendaries were coming in 2013 and now we are getting them by the end of the year and they are behind a paywall and it’s not even weapons! They did the same thing with Fractal weapon boxes and Fractal leaderboards.

They are releasing the other legendaries over time and mark my words, the same thing will be done with the Mordremoth fight. There will be a season that follows the initial release of HoT that will lead up to the Mordremoth fight. Like I’ve said before, this isn’t an x-pac. It’s a pay first, front-loaded, content update with a season to follow.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

They should absolutely work on the content that they promised. Basically everybody who watched the HoT announcement at PAX thought “Awesome, a new set of legendaries.” Then we find out that its only 3 new legendaries. An absolute disappointment.

I prefer the quality over quantity approach. 1 new legendary is 1 more than I’ll ever have. This thread just shows that people had false expectations about what “set” meant.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

I prefer the quality over quantity approach. 1 new legendary is 1 more than I’ll ever have. This thread just shows that people had false expectations about what “set” meant.

quality is subjective. one big reason I’ve not gone after a legendary yet is that none of the relevant weapons appeal to me. if a legendary “set” came out, then that’s at least 1 weapon to interest everyone. however, 3-6 legends can only cover a fraction of the weapon classes available, leaving fans of the other weapon classes left out.

and by grenth I swear they’re gonna add more greatswords.

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

People getting mad at the lack of future sparkle sticks when a vast majority will never actually get (or even try to get) them in the end anyway.

The internet always makes me laugh.

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

I see the pve community are still naive enough to think anet will keep to their promises. You can expect a handful of of new legendaries in the next expansion after the three announced for HoT are released. Need I remind you of how many years ago they first promised new legendaries?

I’ve noticed people even think they will release new elite specialisations before the next expansion xD.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

quality is subjective. one big reason I’ve not gone after a legendary yet is that none of the relevant weapons appeal to me. if a legendary “set” came out, then that’s at least 1 weapon to interest everyone. however, 3-6 legends can only cover a fraction of the weapon classes available, leaving fans of the other weapon classes left out.

and by grenth I swear they’re gonna add more greatswords.

It’s almost certainly going to be a Greatsword, Staff, and Dagger.

They would be fools to wast time on any other types of weapons when these can be used by all but Engineer and are some of the most used on the classes that have them.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…