PleaseDont make HT too hard!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: IAMANDLOVE.3095

IAMANDLOVE.3095

Q:

I have played over 4000 hours of GW2, spend over 1000 dollars on gems. I find the game at its current state very relaxing. I hate games like wow because all the elitist jerks and the bad graphic. Yes true wow have very good raid, but the best content is inaccessible for 98% of the people and the best gear are all take by the 1%. Pls dont make this game like wow. Pls dont turn this game into an elitist fest thank you!

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Toepac.9076

Toepac.9076

I don’t see why a game can’t cater to both audiences.
Sure, they are adding raids, but the game has always, and will surely in the future cater to the more casual audience as well.
With a new personal story, tons of open world content, a new wvw map and the upcoming living world season 3 there should be plenty for both audiences.

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

I don’t see your point here…
You like it casual, ok but a lot of player want something harder so why should YOU have what you want and not those players?
Also everyone will be able to access raids, the only “limit” is that it will be better to be in ascend gear, wich isn’t hard to get btw…
PvP won’t be dramatically impact by HoT, neither WvW and open PvE will only be harder until people understand how the news mobs works.
Also HoT is design to bring “challenging PvE” to GW2, it was said again and again so if you want to keep is “easy” stay on vanilla. And tbh, after the 3 BWE the only difference is mobs have cool mecanics, but they aren’t harder to kill once you figure how to handle them.

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

No.

The game, especially open world PvE, is so easy that players quit within the initial 20 or so levels because the game is incredibly dull, and they never even bother to try more exciting content BECAUSE they get shot down by the boring content. If you want ‘relaxing’, you have the entire game as it is, but I can safely assume that players will have other things to go through in the expansion if they don’t want to do ‘hardcore’ and ‘elitist’ content.

There was quite a bit of concern when the last beta came up, because suddenly the new areas became easier. That shows you that not everyone wants cakewalk content, and if you aren’t ready to go into the expansion because of ‘elitists’, then I assume you’re talking about raids, which are supposed to be our new challenging group content. If you wanted to be rewarded for completing a ‘relaxing’ raid, then maybe you should look towards dungeons and fractals instead, but don’t try to ruin the only opportunity we have to getting something that can be more interesting than what we already have.

The reason I mention raids is because you specifically mention gear, so I also assume that you want the legendary armor. I have nothing against an alternative method for legendary armor, but if you specifically want the content in general to be easier, then I will repeat the first word I have said ( typed ).

No.

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

I have played over 4000 hours of GW2

Hi I am kind of new to this game may I ask is staff elementalist any good for high fractals?

The second post is from 4 months ago… Holy sheet, you must be playing 4 months non-stop!

Please people, before you make a troll post think a bit….

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

Hi I am kind of new to this game may I ask is staff elementalist any good for high fractals?

The second post is from 4 months ago… Holy sheet, you must be playing 4 months non-stop!

You’re right, ALL of this user’s posts have been about making HoT easier… And that anyone who thinks the game should be challenging should play another game.

No.

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I think it’s fine that it becomes HARD, why ? Some of us couldn’t relax for 3 years, and we invested into the game a lot as well I think its our turn now ^^ and i’m excited!

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Posted by: Vella the knight.6072

Vella the knight.6072

I have played over 4000 hours of GW2, spend over 1000 dollars on gems. I find the game at its current state very relaxing. I hate games like wow because all the elitist jerks and the bad graphic. Yes true wow have very good raid, but the best content is inaccessible for 98% of the people and the best gear are all take by the 1%. Pls dont make this game like wow. Pls dont turn this game into an elitist fest thank you!

wow is easy lol, raid boss was killed in the beta already if your really fearing the better players mmos in general aren’t what you want to be playing. spending 1000dollars in gems why if you can put in 4k+ hours you should easily have enough gold to support yourself.
Stop expecting to be baby because you aren’t gonna want to strive for anything better if your handed kitten.

Posted by: Seth.8906

Seth.8906

The first post is a year ago…

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

and the other fact

first post at forum =/= own/playing the game

Posted by: Seth.8906

Seth.8906

and the other fact

first post at forum =/= own/playing the game

Then you cant know. A lot of people dont play fractal i know ppl lv 10 fractal with 7000ap

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

I really hope they make the new open areas really hard, we dont need another area to walk while tabbing Netflix, this just make people complain that they have nothing exciting to do in game.

Posted by: Agares.6073

Agares.6073

I am so sick of people bashing WoW and talking about how WoW raids are inaccessible. You can join with heroic equip with no problem and you can go lfr with fresh lvl 100 no one cares.

Then talking about Elitists really? like we dont have that in gw2 10k ap only zerk no noobs lfg???

And now people are discussing about ascendent vs exotic gear in raids. And i can tell you right now its going to be lf X class for raid only Ascendent gear !!!!

Pls just stop bashing other games about inaccessibility when gw2 isnt easy to get into now for new players.

Posted by: slashlizardy.9167

slashlizardy.9167

Apparently they’ve already alluded that HoT will NOT be worth the work to reward ratio as they are trimming rewards from other areas that offer rewards already, but will be considered easier in relation to whatever HoT can offer.

Posted by: IAMANDLOVE.3095

IAMANDLOVE.3095

You guys are missing the point! My point is exclusive reward for very hard content!

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I hope the PVE content is exciting and hard. I really don’t want to be able to face tank mobs for fun.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: slashlizardy.9167

slashlizardy.9167

No exclusive reward should be “better” than obtainable elsewhere, just different…… Whether its from farming, or purchase or restricted or hard challenges.