Portal Stone and No Slot

Portal Stone and No Slot

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: kimwriter.5193

kimwriter.5193

So, I didn’t sign up for the newsletter until today, so I suppose that is why I do not have a beta toon slot. Got the portal stone and it was stashed in an invisible bag.

Will I get to do the beta?

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: Karakal.1360

Karakal.1360

When I participated in the stress test it was pretty ‘up to the wire’ while I was waiting for a beta slot to appear on my select screen.
Just keep checking closer to the time, so in the next hour or so. Fingers crossed for you!

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

You don’t need to be signed up for the newsletter, the newsletter only gives instructions. The portal item should guarantee you access but others are having the problem you have – no beta slot. Submit a ticket ASAP if your slot is missing. You may get lucky and have it solved before the event ends. That’s the best advice I can give.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: Thatsecret.3206

Thatsecret.3206

I do not want to discourage anyone, but I did a ticket at 6 am this morning east time and still no answer.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Guys. Apparently there is a time. I dunno where that time is but I spoke with a few guildies. 11:30AM PST is the first wave. Then it goes down until 3:30 PM PST. I have my slot but I can’t make Revenant and was just as confused. I don’t remember seeing the time announcements though. I also find it very silly that we can only play in waves for like an hour or two.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The timing has nothing to do with whether we have our slots yet, though. Except if we don’t get them by the first test window, and that’s the only test window we can make, then there’s going to be some sadness.

I’ve had a ticket sporadically active since Saturday morning. No luck yet.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

I think the concern is that while some people see the slot, others don’t, implying their account hasn’t been flagged for beta access despite having the portal dropped.

Good luck to those of you.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: whoknows.7968

whoknows.7968

i have the same problem.. still no anwer from a gm.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think I found my problem but I don’t know if they will be able to fix it in time.

Somehow my first characters mailbox got decoupled from the rest of my characters. All my characters share a mailbox except for my original character, which I assume is the one linked to my account. Since I looted the portal on one of my alts the main mailbox did not receive the invitation and flag me for the beta. The alt’s mailbox got flagged instead which apparently isn’t linked to my account for some reason.

Check to make sure all your characters share a mailbox like they are supposed to!

Portal Stone and No Slot

Donari.5237

That sounds very odd, Zudet. I do seem to have the same account-wide mails on my alts -except- the portal invite is only on the alt that looted it. However, he’s also my “main,” my first created and most played alt, and he has the in-game letter invite.

Portal Stone and No Slot

ZudetGambeous.9573

That sounds very odd, Zudet. I do seem to have the same account-wide mails on my alts -except- the portal invite is only on the alt that looted it. However, he’s also my “main,” my first created and most played alt, and he has the in-game letter invite.

First Alt or first character ever? It seems odd that the invite doesn’t show up on your other characters. I suspect it is a related issue somehow.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Donari.5237

First character ever. Well, I made him, then 4 others in rapid succession to save names, then I went back and remade him to my intended design. But the other 4 also all got deleted and remade later. He’s the only one with a headstart first day birthday, the others had to wait a day.

I’d think there’d be many more people without the beta slot if looting it on a newer alt nixed the slot.

Portal Stone and No Slot

ZudetGambeous.9573

First character ever. Well, I made him, then 4 others in rapid succession to save names, then I went back and remade him to my intended design. But the other 4 also all got deleted and remade later. He’s the only one with a headstart first day birthday, the others had to wait a day.

I’d think there’d be many more people without the beta slot if looting it on a newer alt nixed the slot.

Hmm maybe not then, or it is more complicated. Might have more to do with mailboxes than characters.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: bunnybopper.8413

bunnybopper.8413

Hi,

How can you tell if you have a slot of not? I have a portal but no email received from AN

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: Baleroc Rageflame.5173

Baleroc Rageflame.5173

Hi,

How can you tell if you have a slot of not? I have a portal but no email received from AN

Look on your character select screen and there should be a slot with beta in the corner of it.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Donari.5237

Hi,

Go to your character select screen and scroll to the far right of your slots. If you have a slot, it will be in addition to however many you have, and will have “BETA” in a little green triangle on one corner.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: SirJack.4760

SirJack.4760

+1 to the group that didn’t get a slot yet. I got no email either, but 2 Beta Portals on one of my characters.
Support wasn’t really that helpful either…

Portal Stone and No Slot

ZudetGambeous.9573

Beta has officially started now… still no beta slot for me…

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: SirJack.4760

SirJack.4760

Yup. Nothing. Good job on the guaranteed access.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: MarcB.1853

MarcB.1853

Same here. Portal Stone, no Beta slot.

Portal Stone and No Slot

whoknows.7968

wtf i have portal stone but no beta slot!! what is going on!!!! ANET!!!!!

Portal Stone and No Slot

MarcB.1853

I guess the Beta is more closed than we thought.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: The Human Panadeine.2561

The Human Panadeine.2561

Hereby joining the portal but no slot club ;_;

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

My roommate is suffering from the same problem!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: Emeegeemee.5176

Emeegeemee.5176

Same problem here….

Portal Stone and No Slot

whoknows.7968

i still can’t accesss.. this is b***lsh****

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: SilverLeaf.4790

SilverLeaf.4790

Another one here with portal but no access to beta

Portal Stone and No Slot

ZudetGambeous.9573

Talked to support. hey are unable to solve the issue, they said our best bet was to file an ingame bug report….

so maybe beta for the next expansion.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Donari.5237

In game? Ok, I’ll do that. Le sigh.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: owamon.2789

owamon.2789

Same over here. Portal drop, ingame mail, subbed to newsletter, no beta access. Dropped a ticket with support but I have no expectations of getting in. Sad days.

Portal Stone and No Slot

whoknows.7968

Still nothing…. Cmon!!!

Portal Stone and No Slot

ZudetGambeous.9573

Hour and a half in… still not a peep from any dev… Isn’t this why this test was in the middle of the week during work hours? To address any issues that arose?

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: Ogwom.7940

Ogwom.7940

I have the same problem

Portal Stone and No Slot

whoknows.7968

we just need to “reply” to this thread.. is the only way a GM can see the problem i guess.. this is so bad, it seems the portal to magumma item is pure kitten.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Hour and a half in… still not a peep from any dev… Isn’t this why this test was in the middle of the week during work hours? To address any issues that arose?

We need to summon all weekday defenders so they can explain this \o/

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

I hope you do realize that the people that deal with support are not the ppl who are responsible for the beta.

Also, the reason why they have it today is because they didn’t want people missing dinner with their families during Memorial day.

(i have no stake in the matter am I just amusing myself).

TheRandomGuy.7246 getting mad at those defender (which I guess I fall under) isn’t going to change a kitten thing. So there is that as well.

Portal Stone and No Slot

MarcB.1853

I hope you do realize that the people that deal with support are not the ppl who are responsible for the beta.

But they are responsible for support, so it would be nice to hear from them in a timely manner. Especially considering that this is a limited time special event.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

People would need to post here and be counted if they are bugged. It seems like problems only get attention of there is alot of people complaining about them.

Also, inb4 “betas are bugged”

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Portal Stone and No Slot

ZudetGambeous.9573

Also, the reason why they have it today is because they didn’t want people missing dinner with their families during Memorial day.

(i have no stake in the matter am I just amusing myself).

TheRandomGuy.7246 getting mad at those defender (which I guess I fall under) isn’t going to change a kitten thing. So there is that as well.

So you’re trying to tell me that it isn’t the devs that are developing the expansion? That there is some unknown third party actually in charge of the beta?

And it isn’t the responsibility of the COMMUNITY MANAGER to manage issues that arise with the community during a major event they have been advertising for weeks?

Mayne you can further explain this vast knowledge of game development you have…

Support has already told me they have no control over the beta or beta access and only the devs can help… But I guess you must already know this with all your knowledge…

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: Ogwom.7940

Ogwom.7940

So yeah. I have the same problem with no slot yet I have the stone. I hope they can fix this issue soon.

Portal Stone and No Slot

whoknows.7968

OK So i talked with a GM and he told me that they dont have database of me getting the portal.. that portal item was sending automatically by the system and they can’t sending manually.

So it seems we are kitten** up GG WP Beta.. So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Portal Stone and No Slot

Donari.5237

People who filed tickets about it on the weekend did get replies and even some curative efforts in some cases. I’d wager they are now flooded with tickets from people that didn’t realize until the beta started that their portals were inoperative.

I understand that crap happens and I’m more sad than anything. I’m definitely not angry. However, I think this might be a PR issue for the company so I do hope they’ll do something to make up for it. Not because we “deserve” a beta slot, but because we acted in reliance on the promise by farming for portals and because a dropped item failed to do what it was designed to do.

Adding all those affected to the next closed beta test invite list, if there is one, seems the right thing to do.

Portal Stone and No Slot

ZudetGambeous.9573

OK So i talked with a GM and he told me that they dont have database of me getting the portal.. that portal item was sending automatically by the system and they can’t sending manually.

So it seems we are kitten** up GG WP Beta.. So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

They sent me 3 manually, so that GM was lying to you. It didn’t help though, still no beta slot.

Portal Stone and No Slot

whoknows.7968

The only Hope i have is that this thread remains in the #1 position, so a Gm can see it and try to solve the problem.. I’m so disappointed

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I am not mad at all. Whole this situation is kinda funny and sad at the same time.

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: whitz.7246

whitz.7246

Another here with Portal stone and no beta character slot, no beta access…

Portal Stone and No Slot

ZudetGambeous.9573

Test 1 is done, hopefully they can fix this issue before test 2 starts….

Portal Stone and No Slot

whoknows.7968

Please keep replying this post so a GM can see it… we lost Test block 1 already…

Portal Stone and No Slot

Posted by: SamuelSword.3958

SamuelSword.3958

Nice to know im not the only person with this issue.

Portal Stone and No Slot

whoknows.7968

i give up…. we will never play beta. see ya.-