Pre-purchase price is fine, leave it

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Agree with OP. Keep in mind, its a PRE-purchase. Who knows what “purchase” deal will look like once its released.

Posted by: Shailyn Slay.7234

Shailyn Slay.7234

I also agree with the OP.

The own things that bugs me with the current options is the missing Char-slot in the standard version. I may be prejudiced from GW1 here, but I kind of expected an extra Char-slot with the expansion. I’m hoping that Anet will throw in the Char-Slot, at least for ‘Veteran players’ that already have an account.

Some further comments to the usual arguments:

- ‘We don’t know what we’ll get’. So what, we didn’t knew when we bought GW2 back when it came out and we didn’t knew all the details for pretty much every other game we ever bought. I’ve never been disappointed by Anet with stuff they brought into the game for free – sure there were hick-ups but they always managed in the end, just look at what the next update promises.

- ‘But the others get the base game free’. I actually don’t have anything to say here that hasn’t been said: This is basically the only option that draws in new players – and even with the gem store new players are still one of Anets two income sources. I think the problem with this is completely psychological, people that already have an account feel like they are missing out – any sort of compensation (e.g. extra Char slot, see above) would probably dampen this a lot.

(edited by Shailyn Slay.7234)

Posted by: vikkival.2459

vikkival.2459

I agree 100% with op.
The way I see it, if Anet continues to add more content (living story, maps, etc) onto HoT, players will eventually have to buy the expansion. I doubt the expansion will conclude all in one go. I have a feeling we’ll be going deeper into the Jungle. $0 for another 2-3 years of content is no big deal.

I will say though that they should throw in something for the standard edition, be it an extra character slot or jems~ It does look a little bare (and why i just went straight or the other two upgrades).

(edited by vikkival.2459)

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I don’t think the price is fine. The response of my guild (most of whom stopped playing six months ago or so) was"what’s up with the GW2 expansions? $50, ha ha ha … no."

You may be able to get $50 from existing players. You may be able to get $50 from new players. But you aren’t getting people back at that price. (at least in my limited experience)

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

If the pre-purchase price was “Fine” The forums and reddit wouldn’t be on fire. Even a few people agitated could support the OP’s claim of “Fine” but this is a full blown rebellion.

On the case of P2P WoW is afloat simply because it was one of the first out there and it has a fanbase but the 2.9 subs they just lost proves that even they aren’t infallible.

P2P is on the way out it’s a dying breed kept alive solely by WoW and a few other, choice games. Other MMO’s are thriving on the F2P and B2P scene and Arenanets Q1 reports prove they are as well. The price tag is high, players don’t like it, it’s that simple and it’s why we’re at this point.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

If the pre-purchase price was “Fine” The forums and reddit wouldn’t be on fire. Even a few people agitated could support the OP’s claim of “Fine” but this is a full blown rebellion.

Forums and reddit blow up when any kind of news or update is heard or happens. This is no different, and I guarantee people are not going to leave the game if they have invested lots of time into it. It’s laughable, and I hope Arena Net doesn’t give in.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

Forums and reddit blow up when any kind of news or update is heard or happens. This is no different, and I guarantee people are not going to leave the game if they have invested lots of time into it. It’s laughable, and I hope Arena Net doesn’t give in.

Complaining is normal. This turned in to a full-scale forum war right after prepurchase was announced. I think you’re down-paying the scope here a bit.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

Pretty expensive, and this coming from someone who has spent money on gems for appearance changes.
I’m gonna get the Destiny expansion for sure, and then see how Heart of Thorns goes.
My main thing is WvW and one borderland does not seem to impress me.

Posted by: DieselFueled.3257

DieselFueled.3257

I also agree with the pricing and purchased immediately.

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I also agree with the pricing and purchased immediately.

There really isn’t any reason not to!

Early access to beta? Sign me up.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Complaining is normal. This turned in to a full-scale forum war right after prepurchase was announced. I think you’re down-paying the scope here a bit.

We’ve seen “full-scale forum wars” just as bad ignite over:

- Flamekissed armor
- Gem Store changes
- A mining pick
- Town Clothes
- Free Feature Packs
- Free Living Story Updates
- The “need” for a “REAL EXPANSION” in the first place

This is hardly new, nor is it unexpected. It doesn’t even have to require players putting money down. This entire forum is filled with players ready to flip tables at a moment’s notice.