Instanced Raids Confirmed [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

I’am not a “raid people”, i just like when things once started are properly done. I’am glad they’re making a raid etc. and i think i like their FotM re-design and i’am not asking for new dungeons or whatever, i just don’t like half kitten d jobs.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

???
Half finished job? Can you show me the dev blog promising that dungeons would be upgraded to raids sometime?
Fractals are group content too, are they also only half finished?

Did you also walk over to Dodge, Mercedes or Daihatsu and ask when they start to produce cars that work like busses?
“Well, you guys produce cars with 4 seats, minibuses with 8 seats and since some days, also busses with up to 80 seats. Don´t you think it´s time to produce a car now with 80 seats too? You know, it looks a little bit half finished right now, although it drives and works…”
^^

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

There should be major changes in gameplay before there was any new dungeons or “hard-mode” added to the game. I don’t really see a need for this if the gameplay stays all the same: people stack behind a wall to abuse dumb AI which can’t even walk away from an aoe. And yeah I don’t even want to get started about how a minigame type level is even worse.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

???
I didn’t say anything about upgrading to raids. The rest of your post is… i don’t even know what’s that about, i think you misunderstood me. Doesn’t matter anyway.

Torolan.5816

???
I didn’t say anything about upgrading to raids. The rest of your post is… i don’t even know what’s that about, i think you misunderstood me. Doesn’t matter anyway.

You were asking for dungeons to get a hard mode if I understood you right, kind of the argument you constantly hear from raid people in general. Sorrys when I threw you in a bin of apples you don´t belong in, but the reasoning looked quite familiar to me.^^

Posted by: Tea.7025

Tea.7025

I play GW2 to have an MMO that’s not focused on competitive, instanced content.

I’m sure the expansion will have plenty more to offer than raiding. Think of it as one more feature for people who’re into it. Since there is no gear treadmill you won’t have to raid in order to keep up with everyone else.

My problem is that high quality, challenging, instanced content (dungeons, raids) is not something an intern can whip up in their free time. A lot of money, energy and time have to be invested. However, that ends up being a waste if said content is only played by 10% of the playerbase which is the usual participation rate in other games.

WoW suffered the same issue (Original Naxxramas was awesome. Or at least that’s what we heard. A whooping 0,1% percent got to enjoy it.) and instead of making high quality content for the non-instancers, they simply pushed everyone into raiding and dungoneering because that was far more cost-effective. The current expansion’s end game gives you a choice of running the same raids on 4 difficulties and the same dungeons on 3 different difficulties.

That’s what I fear that raids will bring here as well. This game has always mainly targeted casual MMO gamers. So Arenanet will either design content for a small part of their playerbase and cross their fingers that raiders like using the gem store (They usually don’t since there is no “prestige” in credit card swiping.) as to make entertaining them profitable or they try to peddle their raids in any way they can to draw in the crowd and justify the expenses.

I do hope that won’t be so.

Torolan.5816

I hope that the raids truly scratch that itch for those who’ve asked for them.

I guess we both know that it won´t. Peopel are already saltily speculating that Anet will only be able or willing to provide 1-3 raids per expansion, maybe just in one level of difficulty that could be much too easy to itch anything. This is basically the only thing that makes me laugh and giggle about the whole development as Anet is trying to accomplish the impossible here: Satisfy the unsatisfyable.^^

Posted by: Kevan.8912

Kevan.8912

“a variety of difficult challenges that will require your raiding team to bring a high level of skill, strategy, and coordination in order to succeed.”

There is no mention to GEAR.
In FOTM, AR is required in order to go up with fractal difficulty.
What about raids?
New tiers of gear?
Need of legendaries/ascended for AR or stats boost?

I feel that just “skill, strategy and coordination” is something rarely seen in MMOrpg-s…or so important..

(edited by Kevan.8912)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Now just wait till the 1st 5 man party clears it, then the 1st 3 man party,….

You know it will happen. Solo maybe not, but Duo might … Unless they use 3 buttons for the doors -.-

Then a little later a party with 10k AP combined finishes it… in rare gear…

We’ll know when it’s there. And you know what will happen. I just hope these raids have less skip possibilities then Arah once had. or TA or and other dungeon for that matter.

Nowadays i see people running AC p 1,2,3 in the same instance…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

There are no new tiers of gear. This is something they mentioned a while back (along with no level increase).

Precursor armour – exotic tier – will be the reward for completing raids, so I can’t see you needing Legendary/Ascended armour, though that is pure speculation on my part.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Torolan.5816

Now just wait till the 1st 5 man party clears it, then the 1st 3 man party,….

You know it will happen. Solo maybe not, but Duo might … Unless they have 3 buttons for the doors -.-

Then a littlwe later a party with 10k AP combined finishes it… in rare gear…

With a Youtube video showing how it´s done, greatly labeled as:
“Yolo, two guys making hard content look easy. Lololol…”
Closely followed by a step by step guide from one of the guys, labeled as
“How to make a hard looking dungeon to be really easy”
A while later, a first angry gamer rant will apeear on Youtube:
“What is wrong with GW2 raids and what I would have done better!”

Can hardly wait for raids since yesterday to be honest after realizing that this will probably happen, with Anet nearly being back where they started, square 2 instead of square 1 basically.^^

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

They’ve already stated like 5000 times….

No gear treadmill or invalidation.

Yes a new shiny is coming, but it is just that a shiny. Not a stat stick.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Guessing that experienced and well coordinated groups will be able to do it in exotics, but non experienced or “passive” groups will have a hard time doing it in exotics and would need ascended.

I think AR is a Fractal only thing, doubt it would be used in raids.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Agony is a mechanic that was originally revealed as being limited to fractals. It shouldn’t appear in raids, unless of course they’re a part of the fractal system.

New tiers of gear will not make an appearance. At this point, a new tier is about as likely as a level cap increase. Instead, expect to require certain masteries to get through certain raid mechanics. The glider was already shown for example.

As for needing ascended gear, it really depends on who their target audience is. Ascended gear will probably eventually become a requirement and I’d expect to see new raid infusions.

I feel that just “skill, strategy and coordination” is something rarely seen in MMOs.

Basic skill, strategy and coordination is required in all raids. Skill is to not stand in fire, strategy is planning to not stand in fire and coordination is to get everyone to move out of the fire at the same time.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

“a variety of difficult challenges that will require your raiding team to bring a high level of skill, strategy, and coordination in order to succeed.”

What about raids?
New tiers of gear?

I feel that just “skill, strategy and coordination” is something rarely seen in MMOs.
And the same will be here.

AR is only for FoTM as far as it seems. Raids are separate.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Kevan.8912

Basic skill, strategy and coordination is required in all raids. Skill is to not stand in fire, strategy is planning to not stand in fire and coordination is to get everyone to move out of the fire at the same time.

But in most (or all, maybe) MMO’s, a certain good gear is required for endgame content.
And that gears requires hours of farm, grind, craft, etc.

And just to make a refer. to the old-but-still-good argument about manifesto, gear_treadmill and so on…if there is the introduction of any new infusion, it IS a treadmill.
And “mandatory” grind

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Guessing that experienced and well coordinated groups will be able to do it in exotics, but non experienced or “passive” groups will have a hard time doing it in exotics and would need ascended.

I think AR is a Fractal only thing, doubt it would be used in raids.

No, ascended tear won’t save anyone. The stat difference is really minimal. Besides, most people will have at least a handful of accessories from log in bonus laurels and a random lucky drop.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

The best part of GW2 was the fact no holy trinity/no gear that only dropped to large guilds through raids. That is what is wrong with a lot of MMO’s. Small guilds or individuals are left out. Nothing that was announced makes the game better for those groups only worse.

No the best part of GW2 was no trinity/no gear treadmill. Not no content exclusive gear.

But 10 people is not a large guild. Not by any stretch of the imagination. You will also be able to get PUG together for it, much like dungeons currently. Individuals are not left out. Small guilds are not left out. Sounds like you’re being negative for the sake of being negative. I do not accept your apology.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Torolan.5816

What about raids?
New tiers of gear?

I feel that just “skill, strategy and coordination” is something rarely seen in MMOrpg-s…or so important..

Brilliant OP. I know the treadmill question was asked in the past, but I guess you are the first one to ask it after raids were now officially announced!^^

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

But in most (or all, maybe) MMO’s, a certain good gear is required for endgame content.
And that gears requires hours of farm, grind, craft, etc.

And just to make a refer. to the old-but-still-good argument about manifesto, gear_treadmill and so on…if there is the introduction of any new infusion, it IS a treadmill.
And “mandatory” grind

I don’t know if you’ve noticed this, but GW2 is not “most MMOs” kind of on purpose.
That’s why they designed masteries in stead of new tiers of gear. I’d expect to grind XP and hero points, but would be very suprised to see raid-specific gear progression. Fractals are “the gear progression dungeon” in GW2. They specifically added the agony mechanic to create a place where there was gear progression for players that liked it that didn’t lock people out of content. Look back at the original fractal release stuff.

They’ve stated raids are tied to masteries. This means your good gear is still good, but your current L80 character with no masteries trained might not be enough. If you want a grind to complain about, I’d say to warm up for complaining about an Xp grind, but not a gear grind.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Agreed with OP. What has been announced so far has been spot on. Now, it’s up to ArenaNet to prove that his content is really challenging.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

The game is mostly skill based, gear plays a part yes, but a small part. Gear will not carry you through a raid.

You need a good raid reader, well composed group on voice chat that listen and work quick and do what needs to be done. You need a solid build you understand, using the right weapons, utilities, combos, finishes, weapon swaps, rotations etc.

You need to know your roll and profession/build inside and out and you need to know what the other people in your group are able to do so you synergise well for full effort.

Full Ascended gear with Legendary weapons, but your standing in cleaves, red circles, not thinking and not reacting, gets you killed .08 secs less time verses someone in full exotic gear.

Legendary gear is horizontal progression, plus you have to complete the raid in order to get the gear, so that proves you dont need it, especially since ascended has the same stats. Legendary gear just gives you the ability to hot swap the stats verses the mystic forge with ascended.

Posted by: Blade.8497

Blade.8497

Gw2 gear system is so boring. Why not like in Diablo 3?

Kevan.8912

If you want a grind to complain about, I’d say to warm up for complaining about an Xp grind, but not a gear grind.

Yes! good suggestion. you’ve got a point here.
However, grind is grind, and progression is progression. – no matter XP, gear, masteries.
And i see clearly both of them, grind AND vertical progression

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Galactic shout-out for Anet, especially the ones that are working/will work on the new Raids. It is such an exciting feel to know that all player base, no matter the content type they prefer, is on the table when discussion occur. Extraordinary news, there haven’t been words invented that I can express my gratitude with. Everything asked will be delivered. I will now surely buy the expansion pack as I have again seen the Anet that made me fell in love with the Guild Wars franchise.

Raids – check
Exclusive rewards that MUST stay exclusive – check
A hardcore challenge (not proved until gameplay time but at this point I am willing to believe) – check
Dedicated team for periodic raid content (see “Raids will be delivered with Living Story releases” – check
10 man – check
Instanced – check

Was a little bit worried with F2P but after reviewing the restrictions I am at ease.

A glorious day for the game, a glorious day for challenge.

I will, as often as possible, be one of the (at least try) main Fractal/Raid/Dungeon discussion/tips & tricks/MLG Dank person out there, so if you need some opinions I’m available in game, on the YouTube channel and of course here, on the forums.

Today’s excitement video discussion about Raids!

PS: Some info was not available to be at the time of the recording, but most of my rant fears have been laid to rest. Also still processing. Also beware my oblivion born accent.

Good job, Anet and hope to see each and everyone of you guys in game!

Should be very careful what you ask for. Beside raid is nothing new we already have raid, remember ORR yeah that was END game content RAID content. How many people still raiding there now ? Lets not forget our favorite world boss Triple trouble. Whats that you say people can’t pug TT because you need a well organize and very large group at the same time very easy to troll and screw up the fight ending it in failure so Anet just kind of wasted time and resource making so call raid/hard content which only very few can actually complete. Form where I stand I see that you and many like you want Raid to be like in wow but what Anet have shown so far are Raid that every and anyone can join. I have nothing against raid and I preferred Anet raid style over wow raid any day. I’m just saying don’t over hype yourself cause in the end you might end up super disappointing.

Or was “supposed” to be their raid-like endgame but that never happened because Temple events proved to be easy mode. Explorable dungeons were supposed to be their challenging endgame but that never happened either because once again, with some rare exceptions, they were ridiculously easy. Triple Trouble is not hard or challenging content, unless you call “challenging” the herding of sheep to not screw up the run.

That’s why they finally realized Open world can never be good challenging content so they made raids 10-man instances. Can’t troll there like in the open world, in order to be rewarded you have to actually PLAY the game, not just stand still auto attack and afk all that remains is if their reward/time and reward/effort ratio are well made.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

If you choose to believe certain people that’s true of GW2 dungeons right now. Most groups gearcheck these days to make sure your gear is ascended with the right stats and the right runes & sigils.

Raids is going to add a Mastery check on top of this.

PopeUrban.2578

I’m very happy that they settled on 10 players. I was worried when they posted that ad for raid content designers that we’d just be getting instanced open world blob fights.

The open world stuff is fun when you just want to cruise around and collect free loot for no effort or just enjoy the little event chain stories and feel immersed in the world, and I love the ongoing LS and personal story solo instances and the season 2 mastery achievements, but a major sadface my guild always had was a lack of stuff to do as a group. It got really disheartening to constantly have to say “sorry, group’s full”

10 players is a spot on perfect amount, but I hope they follow it up with the same storytelling solo instances, fun to kitten surf open world content and a few 5 man dungeons as well.

I have sorely missed the tactical small group challenges that made the original guild wars stick for so long, and hope to see them return designed around the fast paced GW2 combat I’ve come to love.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

maddoctor.2738

Is raiding going to be required in order to complete the living story in the future?

The first announced raid has a separate storyline that takes place after the HoT story is finished and is playable on its own. Maybe some remnant of Mordremoth will appear that we’ll have to deal with. As for the future we have no info yet

Torolan.5816

Or was “supposed” to be their raid-like endgame but that never happened because Temple events proved to be easy mode. Explorable dungeons were supposed to be their challenging endgame but that never happened either because once again, with some rare exceptions, they were ridiculously easy. Triple Trouble is not hard or challenging content, unless you call “challenging” the herding of sheep to not screw up the run.

That’s why they finally realized Open world can never be good challenging content so they made raids 10-man instances. Can’t troll there like in the open world, in order to be rewarded you have to actually PLAY the game, not just stand still auto attack and afk all that remains is if their reward/time and reward/effort ratio are well made.

Seriously curious how you can troll the Melandru, Lyssa or Dwayna event. I give you Grenth and to a certain degree also Balthasar as trollable. Also curious how to troll Tequatl up to a point that it can fail. Triple headed worm is indeed easily trollable.
Melandru, Grenth and Balthasar were actually challenging for a lot of people some time ago without guides, people died in droves there. People even died at the defense of one of the camps in Orr when the ghosts had a giant reach with life drain and people did not get it.
Dungeons are not just easy, they are also simply gold farms because of the ability to stack. Remove that and see people groan in frustation when they get shoved into the abbys from a run of the mill foe like Kholer.

Still contesting the idea the open world was not a good concept in general. It made the world come alive, and I would love to see it reappear again sometime. As far as I am concerned, raiders can have their content if they finally bug off from the open world maps. Everybody should be happy then.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Most groups are doing a gear check?? NO you wish, about 1% of the LFG’s is gearcheck, AND I avoid them. Not because of the check cause I will pass it, but due to the persons thinking it matters.

I’ve been there a LOT, Gear check , then get a Meta group (2 ele, war, guard and a -fill in blank here-, but mostly thief or mesmer) In the ghear check people only watch zerker …
Or better yet Zojja.. No Assassins mesmer will get in… NO… can’t happen. and usefull sigils? If I ping ghost slaying and night on an exotic staff I get kicked from AC parties and If I post my ascended staff with Fire and Bloodlust I’m allowed in… same for smothering and night… People do not have a clue…

Then food, After all this effort no effort is made to get rid of people without food, cause those 10% DMG and DEFENCE do not seem to matter. Problem though if the engine looks for “toughness” they’ll attack people using it -first-. this is solves by having all people use the 10% food.

I just hope people will think before they think this is like WoW or any other given MMORPG with hardcore neccesary grindable content before setting out on dozens of epic challeging, in your eyes now almost impossible, missions -which should be accesible to all- for the same stats as you already had.

I’m so epic I earned my Legendary armor…
- Which stats do you use?
Zerk of course….. Like my ascneded gear…
- Doh…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

maddoctor.2738

Seriously curious how you can troll the Melandru, Lyssa or Dwayna event.

You don’t troll those, you afk them. The fact that anyone can attack once then go get a coffee is one of the epic fails of the open world design. Really the main reason many open world events fail is because of sad scaling, when the amount of afkers reach a critical point content certainly becomes more frustrating. Not hard though, having a billion hit points doesn’t make something hard, just badly designed.

Still contesting the idea the open world was not a good concept in general. It made the world come alive, and I would love to see it reappear again sometime. As far as I am concerned, raiders can have their content if they finally bug off from the open world maps then. Everybody should be happy then.

The open world was fine pre-megaservers. Soloing or 5-manning the Fire Elemental in Metrica was an epic battle indeed. After the megaservers the world doesn’t feel “alive”, it feels overcrowded. There are way too many players concentrating on events that make them all look trivial. Safety in numbers. And the main problem with that is because of the horrible scaling system, instead of adding more mobs, giving mobs more abilities, spawning more complex mobs, their scaling just increases the hit points.

Yawn

Posted by: choyaxmd.6102

choyaxmd.6102

Good move on Guild Wars 2 part but i’ve lost some friends and guildmates to other mmorpgs .. We have been waiting for raids for quite sometime now.. but as the title says too little too late..

Torolan.5816

I feel your pain, OP.

The guy that taught me much I know about Fractals disappeared basically over night to play another game. If they only had made the fractal level higher then!

But now, too little, too late…^^

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

You don’t troll those, you afk them. The fact that anyone can attack once then go get a coffee is one of the epic fails of the open world design. Really the main reason many open world events fail is because of sad scaling, when the amount of afkers reach a critical point content certainly becomes more frustrating. Not hard though, having a billion hit points doesn’t make something hard, just badly designed.

Still contesting the idea the open world was not a good concept in general. It made the world come alive, and I would love to see it reappear again sometime. As far as I am concerned, raiders can have their content if they finally bug off from the open world maps then. Everybody should be happy then.

The open world was fine pre-megaservers. Soloing or 5-manning the Fire Elemental in Metrica was an epic battle indeed. After the megaservers the world doesn’t feel “alive”, it feels overcrowded. There are way too many players concentrating on events that make them all look trivial. Safety in numbers. And the main problem with that is because of the horrible scaling system, instead of adding more mobs, giving mobs more abilities, spawning more complex mobs, their scaling just increases the hit points.

Yawn

I don’t think I’d use the word ‘horrible,’ it was certainly a solid attempt. It is more that it’s just ineffective and imperfect. But, I think you’re spot on with all your points, megaservers really killed the fun aspects of doing the open world bosses with lower numbers. Doing Jormag with ~20 was a lot of fun 5 manning Orr temples was great. When you scale up to 50+ it just loses quality.

Kevan.8912

The issue is not if there is a check or not.

It’s about:
-a vertical progression (and with masteries, sure it is a progression. Still don’t know how much “work” it requires but: no matter if easily gained as exotics, but ascendeds is a dramatic, mandatory stat for FOTM.. and a hard grind. I expect them to be sufficiently long process to keep players busy for a while.),
-grind (as seemingly you need exp, and although it can be done with non repetitive tasks, there always a more efficient way. I can gather gold, dragonite ore and silk to afford a full ascended set or a legendary weapon, also playing casually…but in a unreasonable amount of time.)
and treadmill (not a gear treadmill. but a exp treadmill? a specialisation/mastery treadmill? still here it is: because if a player logs in after a while, if he was once on a par with other players, but they kept playing…he is no more even with them – ).

These are my personal reasons not lo log in anymore to gw2.
I won’t argue if manifesto was a realistic one, if they lied or not…
but nothing changed about the things I listed above. So no reasons to come back to play with the exp.

PopeUrban.2578

Agreed. They tried their absolute hardest to make the open world the primary arena for all endgame content, but in the end they ran in to two major issues.

You can’t balance encounters for challenge when you also have to ensure that small groups of players can’t disrupt the event, and you can’t reliably scale threat or enemy numbers enough to maintain that threat in the face of a whole map full of enemies.

Silverwastes is their best attempt, which is a massive modification of an approach they tried with the marionette. Force the zerg to split up and cooperate by default.

The problem is if you force enough splitting that a whole map’s worth of players will find things individually challenging, then you design an event that’s impossible to complete with less than a full map. This, you have to strike a middle balance that will invariably become trivial once the map scales up to a full population, as is the case with silverwastes.

To design truly challenging content, you have to pretty much have a general idea of the required number of players, and be able to balance around that target number. Instance scaling works pretty well for this reason. You can pretty easily balance something when you know the minimum and maximum number of players, and those two numbers are pretty close together.

Scaling just plain doesn’t work in the open world for anything you’d want to be “raid level” challenging. it’s an awesome mechanism for general events, since the whole map spawns multiple events at one time, and there’s more incentive for doing nearby events than there is to try and pile the entire map on one event at a time.

Posted by: AdaephonDelat.3890

AdaephonDelat.3890

So no reasons to come back to play with the exp.

Can I have your stuff then? :-P

[BAD] a casual PvE guild on Aurora Glade.
http://bad-eu.guildlaunch.com
The Family Deuce. Asuran Adventure Specialists.

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Interesting how excited everyone seems to be about raids. The reality is raids will be an even smaller community than fractals which in turn is smaller than dungeon runners, then www, pvp and finally pve with the largest community. So in essence raids are being developed for the smallest section of the gw2 community that most people won’t play because it won’t be puggable.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Interesting how excited everyone seems to be about raids. The reality is raids will be an even smaller community than fractals which in turn is smaller than dungeon runners, then www, pvp and finally pve with the largest community. So in essence raids are being developed for the smallest section of the gw2 community that most people won’t play because it won’t be puggable.

I’m still not convinced that dungeon runners are a smaller number than PVP, and I’d wager that WvW is larger than both. But, with that a lot of people play various facets of the game maybe with a preference for different portions that could even possibly change at times. I know I had my WvW phase but mainly a more instanced PVE guy (I want to but just can’t get into the smaller scale PVP in this game for various reasons).

Torolan.5816

Yawn

Ok, I bite on the argument of afking is bad because people get stuff for diddly squat or make events fail because of scaling, although both you and me will regret it.^^

-It´s up to Anet to change the mechanism of scaling. I am no programmer, but if a simple program like Excel can separate between
If X is greater than 2, it gets a + . If X is smaller than 0, it gets a – .
why can´t the program of a big company full of talented programmers?
-I don´t know which open worlds events you visited, but only a majority I was in failed because of Afkers. They failed because people did not know anything about the machanism or how their class works. I give you Marionette though. Although all kinds of awesome, it sometimes made me ashamed to be part of the human race with the sheer level of sometimes trollish, sometimes simply fail because of terribad players involved there.^^

We are on the same page when saying that most of the old boss mobs in open world need a big overhaul again, and the megaserver system probably too. Maybe make it a fluctuating number of people that can enter a given map when a boss mob is up? don´t know if that is possible.

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I’m still not convinced that dungeon runners are a smaller number than PVP, and I’d wager that WvW is larger than both. But, with that a lot of people play various facets of the game maybe with a preference for different portions that could even possibly change at times. I know I had my WvW phase but mainly a more instanced PVE guy (I want to but just can’t get into the smaller scale PVP in this game for various reasons).

Any game mode that requires having to make a team which has advanced knowledge of an instance’s mechanics will inherently have a lower population than ones that don’t. This is mmo law.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

They are too easy.

Zerk meta is because it’s fastest and people want to farm as fast as possible.

I don’t know if you mean its too easy to see there is some trolls in here or if your saying wearing zerker gear is easy. If its the second thing then: Zerker gear in normal dungeons and even fractals to some extent IS easy. But that is because dungeons and fractals are easy. If you make actually challenging group content, then zerker will be the opposite of easy. Nomad will be easier. And zerker like the hardest to wear.

What is/was challenging content and why?
You say dungeons and fractals are easy and that’s something that contradicts my experience, so I was wondering what you find challenging enough and why that is so?

Well dungeons and fractals are easy. If they weren’t easy we wouldn’t be able to run all zerker and never die.

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

People keep talking like wow is a bad thing. WoW with gw2 combat and the system that allows anyone to fulfill any role would be the perfect game.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

What is/was challenging content and why?
You say dungeons and fractals are easy and that’s something that contradicts my experience, so I was wondering what you find challenging enough and why that is so?

A lot of us can solo most dungeon and trio fractals so not really that hard. But that’s the thing. Challenging will depend on each person. That’s why I REALLY REALLY hope that the difficulty will be variable. So that casual can complete the content, but that elite players can still have a challenge to face in a year.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Too late for them maybe, but there are still plenty of people who know about it and are excited to try it. Who knows? Maybe they would come back to try it again.

Are you going to refuse to participate in raids or higher fractals out of principle, or are you, too, going to enjoy them? If the latter, then what’s the point of this post?

PopeUrban.2578

People keep talking like wow is a bad thing. WoW with gw2 combat and the system that allows anyone to fulfill any role would be the perfect game.

You forgot the bit about not having to sacrifice your first born just to get a drop you need to even attempt an instance other than the one you’ve been doing for two months.

I really think anet should just buckle down and make a release schedule and stick to it so everyone stops complaining.

eg. “we make a release every 2 weeks in the following repeating order: PvP, Raid, Open World, Dungeon,WvW”

Then we can stop the continual posts about “but X got Y and N never gets Z” because everyone will know exactly which patches address their favorite mode.

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Yea unfortunately all of my wow raiding friends left wow when they more or less disolved 10 man heroic raiding guilds. I tried to recruit them over here as i’m an avid player of both games. Instead they went to ff14 and they said there’s so much to do that they refuse to even try the free version. The time spent away from ff14 when they could be raiding isn’t worth their hard drive space. It’s sooooo sad because raiding with gw2 combat is going to truly be a unique raiding experience. And collecting legendary precursor armor that leads to an epic journey to craft the ultimate godly looking gear is going to make it even better.

(edited by Zalavaaris.5329)

Posted by: Thor Malen.8291

Thor Malen.8291

I don’t know what a Raid is really. I never played WoW so can somebody explain to me what a Raid is?

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Arena net staff member created this thread – check

(Don’t worry, i will keep this a secret)

“I will now surely buy the expansion pack as I have again seen the Anet that made me fell in love with the Guild Wars franchise”

Nice try.

No Arena net: i still will not buy your expansion.

“It is such an exciting feel to know that all player base, no matter the content type they prefer , is on the table when discussion occur”

Since when did you know how we feel? Where are the solutions to our concerns?

thank you for the effort writing this thread- check

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Dang that sucks. Too bad they can’t just start playing the game again.

Local Charr Ruins Everything