Resistance and boon corruption

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Well, we will have the boon Resistance in HoT. It was a boon right?

So if it’s a boon, it can be corrupted. But into what will it be corrupted? A new condition to make other conditions stronger? Or into a condition out of the already existing ones?

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

If I had to guess I’d say it would be either Vulnerability or Torment.

Wilder speculation would be for them to implement Agony specifically as a counter to it for when it’s corrupted, to give it more of a risk when using it.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Would be funny if it corrupts into taunt huehuehue

~ sadistic necro

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I would guess slow but who knows…

I am more interested where it is in the priority list. If it is to hard to remove, resistance will probably far to strong.

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

More important what condition will turn into resistance when purified?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I am more interested where it is in the priority list. If it is to hard to remove, resistance will probably far to strong.

Isn’t the priority dependent on what you end up doing with the boon? I mean, in regards to stability, it’s the first thing my thief steals, but the last thing my necro corrupts, and I haven’t played enough mesmer to know where it is for simple removal.

…In any case, my guess is that it will be near Stability, with the other defensive boons.

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Isn’t the priority dependent on what you end up doing with the boon? I mean, in regards to stability, it’s the first thing my thief steals, but the last thing my necro corrupts, and I haven’t played enough mesmer to know where it is for simple removal.

…In any case, my guess is that it will be near Stability, with the other defensive boons.

I dont think that would be a good idea. An boon that makes conditions useless and is hard to remove, seems far too strong.

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Not too sure, it will make stuff like stacking 25 bleeds, more torment, etc. a lot easier since you can still apply new condies and nothing ticks until boon runs out and when it does, they will be in a world of hurt…

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

i think it would corrupt into any random condition, anything from bleed to fear. maybe even something like frozen/petrify.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

part of me wants to say it corrupts into taunt, since stability corrupts into fear, but it doesn’t make that much sense, since taunt isn’t a condition. you can’t corrupt into torment yet, so maybe that?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

BrunoBRS.5178

i’m 99% sure that stability and aegis have priority on boon manipulation over other boons (so even if you cover your stability with other stuff, it’ll be removed first). i imagine resistance would be right behind those two in terms of priority.

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

i’m 99% sure that stability and aegis have priority on boon manipulation over other boons (so even if you cover your stability with other stuff, it’ll be removed first). i imagine resistance would be right behind those two in terms of priority.

Well if you’re talking about necromancers you’re 99% wrong https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necro-Boon-Removal-Priorities/4252200. Stability is in fact last or next to last in most cases. Aegis is also low on the list due to unblockable.

EverythingOP

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Hm… torment makes sense. As long as they don’t introduce a new condition I think this might be the most likely result.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Hm… torment makes sense. As long as they don’t introduce a new condition I think this might be the most likely result.

Well, they re introducing Slow as a condition.

My guess is Burning, Torment, or Fear. If it corrupts intoVulnerability, that’s rather a kick in the teeth to Necros.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Tim.6450

My guess is Burning, Torment, or Fear. If it corrupts intoVulnerability, that’s rather a kick in the teeth to Necros.

It may turn into slow, poison or vulnerability for all I care as long as it gets removed first by any of the necromancer’s boon removal. It would be a bigger kick in the teeth if it didn’t since only one necromancer’s boon removal applies conditions when it removes boons. Even the one that doesn’t is debatable.

EverythingOP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It may turn into slow, poison or vulnerability for all I care as long as it gets removed first by any of the necromancer’s boon removal. It would be a bigger kick in the teeth if it didn’t since only one necromancer’s boon removal applies conditions when it removes boons. Even the one that doesn’t is debatable.

Three of them do. Corrupt Boon, Well of Corruption, and Path of Corruption.

Unholy Feast, Spinal Shivers, Grim Specter, and Necrotic Corruption are just strips.

I’m a Geeleiver

Tim.6450

Three of them do. Corrupt Boon, Well of Corruption, and Path of Corruption.

Unholy Feast, Spinal Shivers, Grim Specter, and Necrotic Corruption are just strips.

Yes but spinal shiver applies chill and Unholy feast cripple, necrotic corruption has attacks that don’t applies conditions on hit so that one is debatable. I must admit though that I forgot about Grimm Specter.

Edit: I see now that my discription is not that clear, “one necromancer’s boon removal applies conditions when it removes boons” was worded this way since boon corruption does not neccessairely applies conditions.

EverythingOP

(edited by Tim.6450)

BrunoBRS.5178

Well if you’re talking about necromancers you’re 99% wrong https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necro-Boon-Removal-Priorities/4252200. Stability is in fact last or next to last in most cases. Aegis is also low on the list due to unblockable.

that’s really odd, because with bountiful theft (aka the only boon steal i’m comfortable talking about since i main thief), stability and aegis are the highest priority. great for hurting guards.

now we just need an unblockable interrupt to screw up shelter

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

that’s really odd, because with bountiful theft (aka the only boon steal i’m comfortable talking about since i main thief), stability and aegis are the highest priority. great for hurting guards.

now we just need an unblockable interrupt to screw up shelter

Necros have a couple

I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Not too sure, it will make stuff like stacking 25 bleeds, more torment, etc. a lot easier since you can still apply new condies and nothing ticks until boon runs out and when it does, they will be in a world of hurt…

As you have already been told, the conditions still do tick even under resistance.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November