Revenant weapon skills

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

http://i.imgur.com/SjX7u2A.png

Personally i had hope for sword to be pure power based.. Staff range is a lol i and yet to this day i wonder why gs is 120 range just like dagger. Overall im a bit dissapointed as it seems olny hammer and staff are power based and rest is pretty much a hybrid. I hope im wrong as im really looking forward. I dont see a lot of mobility either which means either we got trolled or we have to pick a legend for it.

Staff 3 seems to be a channeled block with counterattack.

Staff animations?
0;54 – last skill on aa chain, red charr whirling in the gate with a staff
1;23 – again red charr doing some attack with staff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eONphVCLoc

UPDATE;

Shiro elite outdated ( cus CD) placeholder [&B3ttAAA=]
New sword and dagger skills in attachment

Attachments:

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

nvm the skill damage in chat is actually different from the actual skill

(edited by lighter.2708)

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Scoobaniec.9561

i noticed all power based damage seem extremly low
and staff skills has way too long cooldown for class who has no weapon swap

Olny on screenshot. If you compare the tooltips in game chat – hammer 2 at max range is slighty stronger than arcing slide performed under 50%, hammer 1 on the other hand is slighty lower than long range shot at max range. I have to agree with too high cd’s tho.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: PeteMerc.3745

PeteMerc.3745

Sword3 seems to be the skill what Rythlock used the trailer

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Scoobaniec.9561

Sword3 seems to be the skill what Rythlock used the trailer

Nope. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Riposting_Shadows

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Wow, staff cooldowns are huge when not able to swap weapons (as mentioned above). Looks like they want us to either use our legend skills almost entirely (thus depleting energy so we don’t have it even when the skills are off cooldown) or they just want us smacking our enemies with AA most of the time

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Remember guys, these are just dataminded placeholders. The numbers/abilities are definitely still subject to change.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Scoobaniec.9561

Remember guys, these are just dataminded placeholders. The numbers/abilities are definitely still subject to change.

Yeah hope so cause cd’s on staff and sword are way off compared to hammer and mace/axe. And shield is just a lol. Unless they plan to add boring cd wep reduction traits for these..

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

Wow, staff cooldowns are huge when not able to swap weapons (as mentioned above). Looks like they want us to either use our legend skills almost entirely (thus depleting energy so we don’t have it even when the skills are off cooldown) or they just want us smacking our enemies with AA most of the time

just think about the fact that there are no energy costs mentioned … be sure that this are just placeholders to replace later as the energy-system is patched in.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Invictus.1503

just think about the fact that there are no energy costs mentioned … be sure that this are just placeholders to replace later as the energy-system is patched in.

That could be, and hopefully is right. I’m really looking forward to melee staff, but I don’t want to just AA all the time. Not to mention that I’m disappointed in the fact it doesn’t have any blast finishers either.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

I know it’s too early to say and a lot of this could be placeholder stuff, but please devs, before it’s too late, consider making either mace or sword a direct damage focused weapon (if their role is currently indeed as it looks like).

The other weapons are all so flavorful and each seem to cover a particular area:
Hammer – ranged
Staff – bunkerish
Axe – mobility/control
Torch – high damage/hybrid
Shield – support

You almost have all bases covered there… and then we arrive at the 1h mainhands:
Mace – hybrid
Sword – essentially mace 2 (basically just exchange combo field+finisher for mobility?)

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Scoobaniec.9561

But hammer, mace/axe skills doesnt listen energy cost either. And i agree, make sword 100% power based please..Im sick of warrior hybrid sword already as i dont enjoy these type of weapons. I dont want another hybrid on revenant as it will kill this weapon for me like it did on warrior..

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They may have reconsidered even having costs tied to weapon skills. Might have felt weird having these small trickle costs affecting management for utilities. I don’t know for sure, but I could see why they’d do it. The weapon costs were insignificant enough to not matter for the resource (very much) but significant enough to sort of throw off timing for utilities. We’ll just have to see.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

So, Staff CD’s are huge… No, they aren’t. They are lower than any other classes staff-abilities. Sure, those have weapon swap, but they have huge utility-cooldowns and no access to 2 elites, 2 heals and 6 utilities, so its just fair. It has 50% Fury uptime with its AA alone without any boonduration, which is BS already. Also has MORE than 50% cripple and weakness uptime with the 2-combo, aswell as retaliation with about 50% uptime. And the 25-second-cd skill has 9 impacts and knockback.

CD’s are perfectly justified and could actually be a bit higher. Or buffs lower duration. But hey, numbers are subject to change.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Shiki.7148)

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

They may have reconsidered even having costs tied to weapon skills. Might have felt weird having these small trickle costs affecting management for utilities. I don’t know for sure, but I could see why they’d do it. The weapon costs were insignificant enough to not matter for the resource (very much) but significant enough to sort of throw off timing for utilities. We’ll just have to see.

sure but we know that a 30s cd is unaccaptable for a non weapon-swap class
and the longest CD on weapons from the POI / Demo was 15s (skill 5)

let’s wait … and i even hope that the sword is viable with power-spec … the kitten hybrid thing is the reason why my warrior doesn’t wield swords >.<

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Scoobaniec.9561

let’s wait … and i even hope that the sword is viable with power-spec … the kitten hybrid thing is the reason why my warrior doesn’t wield swords >.<

Welcome to the club bro.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

PERSONALLY, I don’t really see why all weapons with conditions can’t scale well with power. Stats are a limited resource, I see no issue in allowing someone to stat for high power, crit ferocity, low condition or high crit, condition and some power and low ferocity. I mean its really all the same. (Essentially, like Elementalist daggers and Warrior sword). I feel like its a much better design to open up build flexibility and weapon options.

Sword and Mace (mh) both seem like they could be carrion/celestial/zerker/rabid weapons as long as they don’t screw up weapon scaling just to force it into being the “condition weapon” like they did with Necromancer scepter. I freaking hate necromancer scepter for that reason.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

heh seems the shield is gonna be awefully usefull…and it also seems i need some pretty shield skins :\

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

4 sec quickness on a 12 sec cd. Too little info to actually draw any conclusions (its an offhand but 3 skills are shown) but this seems off even with that huge casting time… (for reference all 6 sec quickness skills are on 60 sec cd with a debuff during the 6 secs)

The casting times in general seem a bit odd. But the cooldowns seem to be alright. The longer cds are bound to ccs.

(edited by Snow.2048)

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Scoobaniec.9561

4 sec quickness on a 12 sec cd. Too little info to actually draw any conclusions (its an offhand but 3 skills are shown) but this seems off even with that huge casting time… (for reference all 6 sec quickness skills are on 60 sec cd with a debuff during the 6 secs)

The casting times in general seem a bit odd. But the cooldowns seem to be alright. The longer cds are bound to ccs.

It might be a block which grant quickness if noone trigger the block in melee range. Kind of like riposte where you gain adrenaline if block is not triggered.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

I just realized that the removing the energy costs on weapon skills was a HUGE nerf to the trait that spawned a healing orb when you spent energy.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Scoobaniec.9561

I just realized that the removing the energy costs on weapon skills was a HUGE nerf to the trait that spawned a healing orb when you spent energy.

Its not removed, we cant see it just like we cant see ini cost on thief skills if we playing different class.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Invictus.1503

I’m not convinced this is what is going to happen. In fact I expect that it won’t. I can’t see them removing the energy mechanic to the weapon skills. I think these are just rough place holders.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

i’m not a fan of these hybrid stats i’d also prefer power. if condi would just be a bonus

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

so… we have:
ranged power based/utility weapon with hammer (prolly go-to in open world)
a power based 2 hander with the staff (prolly going to be the go-to weapon in pve)
lots of good OHs for various things
and TWO condi 1 handers

One of the two condi 1 handers should be power based. I agree with what others have said; was expecting sword to be a power weapon. Kinda makes all the OHs pointless if we dont have a power 1 hander to pair with’m. I dunno.. maybe stuff will scale different

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: choucs.4507

choucs.4507

i don’t really get it, they already have mace that apply torment on AA and apply burning on 2, they don’t need another sword to do that….

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

MH Sword applying the same conditions in the same skill order as MH Mace (plus a might-stacking third skill for both)

=

Placeholder skills that are still being tested out.

There’s no reason why Anet would add two MH weapons that are almost identical copies of each other.

That being said, I wouldn’t mind a might-stacking, condition sword, but considering how mace already fulfills that exact role, ya, revenants will certainly need (= get) something different.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

i just noticed something though, that the sword skills don’t specify a number of targets on its chain attack, just number of impacts. this makes me think the sword will be used as a single target multi-hit weapon, whereas the mace is meant for multiple targets. (skill 1 deals normal damage, skill 2 hits and unleashes an impact. skill 3 hits and unleashes 2 impacts. if each impact is a separate hit then that would be 6 hits total in one chain. obviously this would be OP if it could hit 3 enemies normally.)

as placeholders though they could completely change after this to something else.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

Its not removed, we cant see it just like we cant see ini cost on thief skills if we playing different class.

I didn’t realize this. I hope this is the case because I had a sweet kitten build idea formulating and this was going to hurt before I even got to try it out. :P

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Scoobaniec.9561

Take a look at the vid in main post.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I don’t believe that trait exists anymore. Either that or it’s been moved to a trait line that wasn’t in the PAX/Rezzed demo.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: BladeRain.6543

BladeRain.6543

Just want to point out something I haven’t seen anyone else bring up here or on Reddit.

Assuming these are all of the Revenant weapon skills (even just early placeholders), where are the skills for the underwater weapon? I mean the presence of underwater features have been gradually phased out for a while now, just wondering if this is a sign of things to come…

I doubt it, but it’s fun to speculate.

=-= 80 of every class | Bad at all of them =-=
Hyperbole is the absolute worst thing in the universe.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Scoobaniec.9561

I also been curious about it, but beta map doesnt have a underwater contest if im not wrong so there was no reason to add underwater skills at this point. My bet is on spear as ele uses trident and engi harpoon.

I wonder if we get new legendary weps for underwater at all tbh.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

I don’t believe that trait exists anymore. Either that or it’s been moved to a trait line that wasn’t in the PAX/Rezzed demo.

It was a minor trait. Did you read the invocation/retribution minors by chance?

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Alexandrovitch.2765

Alexandrovitch.2765

So, will the revenant be able to use the Greatsword?

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_revenant_traits
Shows it here in Invocation as a minor.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Invictus.1503

If the data mine is correct and all there is then the answer is thankfully NO

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

I don’t know. I feel like with Shiro being confirmed, I have a hard time believing they won’t have a sword offhand, but I guess you never really know. Time will tell!

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I don’t know. I feel like with Shiro being confirmed, I have a hard time believing they won’t have a sword offhand, but I guess you never really know. Time will tell!

But He used Daggers not swords.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

But He used Daggers not swords.

On a logistical level, his weapons were daggers, but they were modelled as swords. I suppose its like saying something like “Charrzooka isn’t a rifle, its a cannon.”. What something is, and what it is modelled as are two different things, and considering how GW2 weapons work differently to GW1 weapons, swords are the best fit to re-create his character, because they face forward (GW2 daggers face backwards), and they have the length to recreate his blades, whereas most daggers in GW2 are short, stubby little things.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_revenant_traits
Shows it here in Invocation as a minor.

Actually that wiki link is accurate. I guess the trait just wasn’t working because I saw no orb.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Scoobaniec.9561

Maybe sword offhand is his specialization. You never know as we had art with a charr wielding dual sword. Then again his spec might give us power based axe (revenant really need 1h mh to be power based, sword plz!!!) or greatsword

My guess is he doesnt have sword offhand for now bc actually warrior can dual wield sword, dagger on the other hand is not used yet by heavy classes which makes revenant somewhat original just like melee staff and ranged hammer. Also they adding katana sword skin as dagger so here you go.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

WE NEED SWORD OFF HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiro legend kitten …………

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Adrian Guardian.9480

Adrian Guardian.9480

That sword is way more direct damage focused than the mace.
With a rough calculation comparing the numbers as they are (and arbitrarily assuming one auto chain per 2s) I get a 0.6 conti-to-direct damage ratio for sword and 1.6 for mace; the same calculation for warrior sword gives 0.8-09 and for necro scepter 1.8. Meaning the revenant mace is nearly as pure condi as the pretty extreme necro scepter, whereas revenant sword is mostly power-based.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Scoobaniec.9561

But it still a hybrid. It doesnt hit harder than warrior sword either (unless it can hit 2x a single target?). In current state sword is nearly a weaker copy-paste version of mace.
Both has torment on aa (mace has also poison and faster torment application), both has burn on 2 – in case of mace basically 100% uptime burn+fire field. Mace also offers 3x blast finisher – aoe abilities on really low cd.

With sword howered we end up doing aa the whole time on top of that it doesnt offer any support compared to mace either as sword seems to be selfish in general in this game. Due to lack of self mightstacking like mace it really ends up as subpar weapon. In solo settings mace overtime will actually outdps sword even in direct damage due to that might which you cant stack with sword mh.

2h range power wep – hammer
Melee+a bit tanky/support power wep – staff
Mace – condi
Sword – condi

Axe and dagger are both oriented more towards direct damage but theres no pure 100% power mh weapon. Something is wrong here. I think sword should be pretty much a mobile and high sustained dps power direct weapon. This would allow for a synergy between both offhands – axe for extra mobility and cc, dagger for possibly block and spike.

I will w8 for beta so we can gather full info about these skills (along with legends) but sword doesnt look promising for me in current state, im aware that we cant judge it yet but still. Why we would need 2 weapons mainhand that do exacly the same thing, one being pointed more toward pure condi while sword towards another yet boring hybrid weapon which noone seems to like. For sinister gear? Wont happen.

Staff also seems to have way too high cd’s for a non swap class and it damage doesnt look all that great either. But i guess legend utilities will play a larger role here depending on what we choose. Ill skip shield as we cant tell what it does yet.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Basaltface.2786

^ shield seems to heal and remove conditions and most likely block cause yea.. shields sorta do that i guess. Im actually really curios about the shield.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Scoobaniec.9561

^ shield seems to heal and remove conditions and most likely block cause yea.. shields sorta do that i guess. Im actually really curios about the shield.

Yeah, it seems that one skill has aoe heal+condi removal. But we cant say a kitten about second ability. It might as well be some dps move. Btw dagger seems to have a block with counter ability just like staff

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Basaltface.2786

Yeah, it seems that one skill has aoe heal+condi removal. But we cant say a kitten about second ability. It might as well be some dps move. Btw dagger seems to have a block with counter ability just like staff

speaking off.. that thing got extremely short range, gotta be a melee weapon (or its still placeholder skills and stats dunno)

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

speaking off.. that thing got extremely short range, gotta be a melee weapon (or its still placeholder skills and stats dunno)

that’s what i thought as well, given its auto has a whirl finisher.

Revenant weapon skills

in Revenant

Basaltface.2786

that’s what i thought as well, given its auto has a whirl finisher.

well the auto attack chain looks to me like some fast staff play…i mean kittens in the chain and 2 seconds for the whole chain…and the rest of the skills look to me like the staff is meant to keep the enemie close and handicap him\her in many ways to return the favor of the face massage with retailiation, the hourglass that most likely is the slow condition and a pulse taunt that also reduces the damage by 25% and gives the rev regen to balance out incoming damage a little…and a knockback when you are done with face bashing…yea that really looks like an interresting weapon..just the cooldowns of 4 and 5 are too high imo…oh well lets see…rev got the legends too afterall