Runes for dps

Runes for dps

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: robertjan.2197

robertjan.2197

I am trying to figure out runes for my berserker staff Ele (None tempest, using fire/arcade/lighting traitline and the Pyromancer trait)

Runes I have in mind: Strength, Scholar or Pack

Strength would give me 45% longer might and +5% damage when under might from the pyromancer trait, but no ferocity nor precision.
Scholar would gove me ferocity and +10% damage, but +0% damage as soon as I drop under 90% health and no precision.
Pack would give me precision, but +0% damage increase and no ferocity.

What would you recommend and why?

Many thanks!

Runes for dps

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

Scholar and using proper traits.

Runes for dps

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

Scholar is your best bet.

You really should be running persisting flames in a staff build even solo it should lead to a higher dps.

Runes for dps

robertjan.2197

Scholar is your best bet.

You really should be running persisting flames in a staff build even solo it should lead to a higher dps.

My issue is that I constantly need to switch to get the persisting flames buff. Firefields are easily created however, there are only few blast finishers of which none among the fire staff skill line

Runes for dps

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

As an elementalist, you should be switching attunements as part of a good rotation for dps and support.

To your question, Scholar runes for sure.

Kitten.

Runes for dps

robertjan.2197

Thanks a lot for the feeback!

Runes for dps

Posted by: CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617

I’ve never understood the love for Scholar runes and Eles. The Elementalist is the MOST fragile class in the game. If they get sneezed on by an ambient mob (ok, a little hyperbole, but you get the point) they are under 90% health and lose the 10% damage bonus.
That being said, I would go with Strength runes myself. But that’s just my opinion.

Runes for dps

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Players have calculated how much dps you gain by staying above 90% some of the time and the 10% dmg boost is HUGE. Its to the point where their are few situations were its not the best dps boost in pve. In pvp and wvw you have a variety of runes that are good. Yet in pve, scholar runes tend to be the best in most situations.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Runes for dps

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I’ve never understood the love for Scholar runes and Eles. The Elementalist is the MOST fragile class in the game. If they get sneezed on by an ambient mob (ok, a little hyperbole, but you get the point) they are under 90% health and lose the 10% damage bonus.
That being said, I would go with Strength runes myself. But that’s just my opinion.

I agree bserker gear isnt always the way to go on certain classes for power dps, there is also nice crit builds, anyways eles dont have to be the most fragile class, they have plenty of survivable tools from earth with the right weapon of course, and if you want you can trait up earth.

But like others say your the freaken avatar, get to bending all the elements.

Runes for dps

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

While true that they are squishy, their low health pool and armor is paired with a lot of heals without even spec’ing into them. Making the low health pool very easy to bring back to full and regain the scholar bonus.
This, accompanied by a lot of defensive capabilities that allow you to avoid or mitigate damage.
So it’s true you can lose your scholar bonus easily, but it’s also true that you can regain it easily.

Runes for dps

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

My issue is that I constantly need to switch to get the persisting flames buff. Firefields are easily created however, there are only few blast finishers of which none among the fire staff skill line

Firefields last longer. That’s a bonus you’ll always get :P
For blast finishers, use your utilities. My tempest has Arcane Brilliance, “Aftershock!” and Arcane Wave, three blast finishers (I’m usually using Mist Form as my last utility for emergencies).

Runes for dps

Posted by: Azure.8926

Azure.8926

Another rune set you could also try out is the Rune of the Flame Legion since your a Staff Ele im guessing you spend plenty of time in Fire Attune.
Flame Legion runes will give you better burning up time for your Burning Rage Trait(+10% Damage to Burning Targets) While the rune will also give you +7% Damage to Burning Targets as well as 175 extra Power. Though in group play you will mostly likely already have Burning covered.

Some of the prefer’d Builds right now pretty much stay in Fire Attune the entire fight(Staff DPS)

Runes for dps

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Scholar rune is your best bet, it’s the meta right now and for good reason. But like Azure said, Flame Legion runes are also nice for open world stuff.

Ele has lots of skills at his disposal, but in good conditions you will camp fire a lot on staff unless you need something from the other attunements.

Also keep in mind this poem made by some other gw2 player whose name I can’t remember at this time:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue
I’m a staff ele
2 2 2 2