Scribe: Cooper Plate too expensive

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

Why does the Copper Reinforcing Plate need copper ore and more important Linen Supply Sacks? This is making them more expensive than any other plate, which only require ingots!
Since the Bags of [insert tier] Energy also require Linen Supply Sacks, the first three WvW tactis altogether need two Linen Supply Sacks, which again need rare and expensive Flax Fibers.

I beg you, change this recipe, please! Make Copper Reinforcing Plate only require Copper Ingots like every other tier of plates.

(edited by AllNightPlayer.1286)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Heh … price aside I was wondering why you need a linen sack to make the plates.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

So that the copper can presented in a fashionable manner?

“Here my lord, the copper you wished for. Please don’t hit me anymore!”

Khisanth.2948

The other issue is that copper ores are basically pieces of rock so this is really a recipe for a sack of rocks rather than copper plates.

Edit: One more thing. Flax fibers aren’t really all that rare which makes their current price some what surprising. It is probably just temporary due to all the people leveling their scribe.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Flax fibers drop maybe 20% of the time from a node? and each bag requires 12 fibers (iirc). Some recipes require more than 1 bag. So it adds up quite a bit.

Khisanth.2948

Flax fibers drop maybe 20% of the time from a node? and each bag requires 12 fibers (iirc). Some recipes require more than 1 bag. So it adds up quite a bit.

From the daily flax farm I would say it is closer to 10%.

AllNightPlayer.1286

So, are there any plans to normalise the plates’s costs? Or do we have to wait a year for it. It’s not like the first three WvW tactics can be considered valuable. Especially since you nerfed Hardened Gates.

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Well, the cost of “linen” supply sacks (“basic supply sack” would be better) has not been addressed in the “Scribing fix”, which was a clearly overlooked issue and should be reduced to 6 Flax Fibre a sack (= reducing the cost to 50% on that component).

This would reduce the cost of many WvW upgrades a lot, especially after we still don’t have a WvW track that gives us large numbers of needed materials for Scribing (pigments, Flax Fiber, 10x fabrics from kittens, 5x dust kittens etc.)

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I saved a lot of Flax Fiber before levelling scribing, it did work.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

AllNightPlayer.1286

I just saw, that Training Supplies (for Iron Guards) and Bags of Dolyak Chow (for most of the (resource) camp tactics) also need an additional Linen Supply Sack. Speedy Dolyaks even needs a Resonating Fragment although you promised, that every WvW Claiming shall only need Resonating Slivers.
Please, change these recipes, too, so they only need one Linen Supply Sack as a whole.
The WvW Banners for instance need a Box of Banner Supplies, which do get along fine without another Linen Supply Sack.

(edited by AllNightPlayer.1286)

AllNightPlayer.1286

Is there still no reaction by A-Net?
Keeping this system up, will only kill the tactic system and make it unpopular. Small guilds and poor guilds with even poorer scribes cannot afford this very much longer. And if you continue to nerf these tactics, too, no one will build them anymore.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Is there still no reaction by A-Net?

Why would it be? It affects only WvW players, and it’s not like anyone in Anet cares for those.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

AllNightPlayer.1286

The tactic system is dying, slow but steady. Fewer and fewer guilds are willing to build tactics. Reduce the costs or the tactics end up like Stealth Disruptor Trap, which no one uses these days.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

The tactic system is dying, slow but steady. Fewer and fewer guilds are willing to build tactics. Reduce the costs or the tactics end up like Stealth Disruptor Trap, which no one uses these days.

That’s because trolls/stupids set them off the second they go on cooldown. I can’t tell you how many wasted emergency waypoints or chilling fogs with no enemy in sight that I’ve seen. That’s a lot of money to spend on nothing.