So New Buyers of GW2 Get what exactly?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Why would you even pay 60$ for the base game? You can get the base game for 20$

You won’t have that option when HoT goes live. Early adopters will end up paying about $100 for the same content that the new players get for $50.

If i buy WoW today i won’t have to pay what someone that bought every expansion on release would have to pay. If i bought a brand new computer today, mark my words within 3 months the price will have gone down, that does NOT mean i will get my money that i supposedly “lost” back.

I do think however within 30 days it’s reasonable to get your money back, so you can buy hot, but you will lose your account. Resonable and fair.

But to believe that you will get back money from 3 years ago, you are living in a dreamworld and have little to no experience. And to believe that somehow just because you bought the game 3 years ago, you wil get the expansion for free.

I mean what’s going on here? WoW has sub fee’s and still people buy their expansion and there’s not any bs over there, yet in Gw2 a game you can play how much you want for a reasonable price it get’s torn to pieces?

Something is wrong here.

I don’t want money back that I spent three years ago! I want a feeling that I am getting value for my money. Since I don’t feel that I am, I will not be purchasing HoT until I do. In order for that to happen, something will have to change. I’m not sure exactly what, but this is where I stand.

Good don’t purchase it. I’m sure your attitude is shared by a percentage of people but I’m not convinced it’s a big enough percentage to make a difference. But I’m happy with you not purchasing it. Doesn’t stop me from feeling you’re completely unreasonable.

That is understandable, your unreasonable positions would make it more likely for you to see others as unreasonable.

The most accurate statement said in all these threads was earlier in this thread.

they won’t get my $50 until such time as I believe I am getting sufficient value for my money

SBI

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

bugs…….. kitten bugs….

SBI

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

My dw speed is dying atm and I’m logging in, what can I get from showing a screen shot?

On passionate night with me :P

I was logged in (idle for quite a bit) for ~190 hours between 1st of May and 16th of June, I haven’t gone on to actually play since, a couple of daily reward collects here and there, that’s all.

It would be really nice for any compensation possible from Anet for the FAQ edit.

If you can link us the print schreen , some1 from the company that reading these threads will take notice and ‘’help your issue’’ (that you have been paying from 1 month and 13 days) , rather than the company employers that are beeing bombared with mails .

But if this just an alt account , they will find to which main account you have been sending mails to , the gold-t6 mats , and ban both

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You won’t have that option when HoT goes live. Early adopters will end up paying about $100 for the same content that the new players get for $50.

If i buy WoW today i won’t have to pay what someone that bought every expansion on release would have to pay. If i bought a brand new computer today, mark my words within 3 months the price will have gone down, that does NOT mean i will get my money that i supposedly “lost” back.

I do think however within 30 days it’s reasonable to get your money back, so you can buy hot, but you will lose your account. Resonable and fair.

But to believe that you will get back money from 3 years ago, you are living in a dreamworld and have little to no experience. And to believe that somehow just because you bought the game 3 years ago, you wil get the expansion for free.

I mean what’s going on here? WoW has sub fee’s and still people buy their expansion and there’s not any bs over there, yet in Gw2 a game you can play how much you want for a reasonable price it get’s torn to pieces?

Something is wrong here.

I don’t want money back that I spent three years ago! I want a feeling that I am getting value for my money. Since I don’t feel that I am, I will not be purchasing HoT until I do. In order for that to happen, something will have to change. I’m not sure exactly what, but this is where I stand.

Good don’t purchase it. I’m sure your attitude is shared by a percentage of people but I’m not convinced it’s a big enough percentage to make a difference. But I’m happy with you not purchasing it. Doesn’t stop me from feeling you’re completely unreasonable.

That is understandable, your unreasonable positions would make it more likely for you to see others as unreasonable.

The most accurate statement said in all these threads was earlier in this thread.

they won’t get my $50 until such time as I believe I am getting sufficient value for my money

And I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with someone stating old players are getting screwed in their title, when in fact not all old players feel that way. It’s an attack, its’ unwarranted and the thread should be closed. If people can’t write their opinions in a manner with less vitriol, then they shouldn’t be allowed out in public.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

OMG! This is not a logic! You bought the game 3 years ago and you are playing (or could have) since then, you have experienced holiday events, living world and new content (Karka, Dry Top Silverwastes etc). You unlock personal story for free and had new pvp maps and other changes.
Don’t compare what you got back then with what you can get now! The price for an expansion like that is indeed too high and unfair, but the comparison it is not valid! And new players will get core game for free but they will have to pay the living story and also they will have to start from scratch!

yeah. and if we also got the free copy of the core game – for ourselves of to give to friends – the person using that copy would also experience none of the holiday content. they would have to start from scratch. pay for the LS if they want it. it’s not about then and now, it’s about now and now.

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

Something is wrong here.

I don’t know if you work for Anet or not. Sometimes I think it sure looks like you do. Regardless, given the grumbling over at Reddit and the exposure this problem has been getting in gaming websites, I am of the opinion that Anet ignores me and others like me at their peril. When it’s unreasonable for a player to want value for their money, that is how games die.

gryph.8734

Something is wrong here.

And I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with someone stating old players are getting screwed in their title, when in fact not all old players feel that way. It’s an attack, its’ unwarranted and the thread should be closed. If people can’t write their opinions in a manner with less vitriol, then they shouldn’t be allowed out in public.

Well I guess if “I want value for my money” is vitriolic to you…I am at a loss for words.

Vayne.8563

Something is wrong here.

I don’t know if you work for Anet or not. Sometimes I think it sure looks like you do. Regardless, given the grumbling over at Reddit and the exposure this problem has been getting in gaming websites, I am of the opinion that Anet ignores me and others like me at their peril. When it’s unreasonable for a player to want value for their money, that is how games die.

This wasn’t nearly as big as the ascended debacle and they went ahead with that.

Vayne.8563

Something is wrong here.

Well I guess if “I want value for my money” is vitriolic to you…I am at a loss for words.

Actually I was referring to the title of the thread we’re in. That IS vitriolic. If you can’t see the vitriol in the player base in this situation there isn’t much to talk about. Hell there was a thread on reddit that asked for the resignation of an employee by name.

gryph.8734

Something is wrong here.

This wasn’t nearly as big as the ascended debacle and they went ahead with that.

Okay. And they’ll go ahead with this. And I won’t buy it unless and until something changes. I’m not sure in what universe that’s unreasonable. Oh well.

Vayne.8563

Something is wrong here.

Okay. And they’ll go ahead with this. And I won’t buy it unless and until something changes. I’m not sure in what universe that’s unreasonable. Oh well.

It’s not unreasonable to feel something isn’t worth it. It’s unreasonable to look at a company doing what every other company is doing in one way or another to get more people into their game and taking it as something personal, which you are.

More players are better for everyone, including veteran players. I’ve already showed you how other MMOs were much worse in this regard than anything Anet has done here, but you continue to chant “I’m not getting the same deal.”

And that’s fine. I suspect Anet will end up doing something at some point, and when they do, some people will fall into line, but I doubt every much they’re going to take Guild Wars 2 out of HoT.

Posted by: XeoShock.7094

XeoShock.7094

Something is wrong here.

It’s not unreasonable to feel something isn’t worth it. It’s unreasonable to look at a company doing what every other company is doing in one way or another to get more people into their game and taking it as something personal, which you are.

More players are better for everyone, including veteran players. I’ve already showed you how other MMOs were much worse in this regard than anything Anet has done here, but you continue to chant “I’m not getting the same deal.”

And that’s fine. I suspect Anet will end up doing something at some point, and when they do, some people will fall into line, but I doubt every much they’re going to take Guild Wars 2 out of HoT.

Opionionated, everyone is allowed to have an opinion but you are missing the point, people are upset from Anets actions followed by silence.

FAQs…

Lest We Forget

gryph.8734

Something is wrong here.

Actually I was referring to the title of the thread we’re in. That IS vitriolic. If you can’t see the vitriol in the player base in this situation there isn’t much to talk about. Hell there was a thread on reddit that asked for the resignation of an employee by name.

Please note: I haven’t called for the resignation or termination of any Anet employees. Nor will I. I have not said I am walking away from GW2. At this point, I am not, though of course I reserve the right to do so should things change for the worse. I have not even done an OP on this subject. It’d probably just get merged anyhow.

It’s frustrating on one level for me, but it’s not beyond repair. I know I’m asking for something that is within Anet’s ability to give. I don’t even really care how they do it. I want value for my money and knowledge that they value me as someone who has been playing this game since very close to the beginning. That’s all.

Vayne.8563

Something is wrong here.

Opionionated, everyone is allowed to have an opinion but you are missing the point, people are upset from Anets actions followed by silence.

I’m not missing the point. I still don’t believe that the title of this thread is warranted or acceptable. Point or no point.

XeoShock.7094

Something is wrong here.

I’m not missing the point. I still don’t believe that the title of this thread is warranted or acceptable. Point or no point.

You kind of are, but I also don’t 100% agree with the title.

FAQs…

Lest We Forget

Posted by: Arkblue.6129

Arkblue.6129

See here’s thing you bought it at full price when it came out. You can’t expect anet to bend over just for you cause you bought it early. You crazy. YOU bought it early so YOU deal with the consequences.

Ex: You buy a car, its an ok car. Goes places. SKip a few months and theres a sale on the car. OH NOEZ you can’t get the sale because you already bought it and you needed a car.

That is the same exact thing here. Welcome to being an Adult.

Except we are complaining about cars. We are complaining about how when you purchase a new car they give 2 cars to new customers and 1 cars to who already owns one for the same price.

Posted by: uberman.2619

uberman.2619

How recently I bought Guild Wars is irrelevant in this regard. I’m debating if I want to purchase the expansion at all simply because it includes the main game and that adds to the price.

Vayne.8563

How recently I bought Guild Wars is irrelevant in this regard. I’m debating if I want to purchase the expansion at all simply because it includes the main game and that adds to the price.

What evidence do you have that the original game adds to the price? Because I’ve been led to understand that it didn’t raise the price.

XeoShock.7094

What evidence do you have that the original game adds to the price? Because I’ve been led to understand that it didn’t raise the price.

That’s debatable but not an issue I’m concerned with.

FAQs…

Lest We Forget

gryph.8734

Follow my reasoning here, Vayne. If the core game is free, which Anet has said it is, then new players are getting something for free that I paid for. This is why I feel I am being devalued as a veteran. You are as always free to disagree. But I do believe this will have an impact on the bottom line. Legalities aside, it just looks bad.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If the core game is free, which Anet has said it is, then new players are getting something for free that I paid for.

The core game + heroic edition was being advertised for $10. The value of just the heroic edition bonuses is $20 in the gem store. The core game by itself is… too cheap to sell.

They should have just repackaged the heroic edition for $10 more, which would have invalidated a lot of these complaints.

gryph.8734

If the core game is free, which Anet has said it is, then new players are getting something for free that I paid for.

The core game + heroic edition was being advertised for $10. The value of just the heroic edition bonuses is $20 in the gem store. The core game by itself is… too cheap to sell.

They should have just repackaged the heroic edition for $10 more, which would have invalidated a lot of these complaints.

The core game is too cheap to sell now and by itself. I get that. But that is why I’d like Anet to throw in something — anything — to give me a sense that the last two-and-a-half years of playing GW2 haven’t been a massive waste of time and money. They need new players. Fine. I get that. I bet they’d also like to keep the players that they have.

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

So with this new expansion it includes the core game as well as the expansion? So in other words i just paid $60 for GW2 when i could have gotten it AND the expansion for $50 if i had just waited? or is the expansion JUST the expansion and not include the core game?

Per Regina The expansion costs $50. The core game is included as a free gift to new players.

“Just paid $60” how recent is “just paid”
…I’m pretty sure core hasn’t cost $60 within the last year, could be wrong though…
Either way, looks like if you contact support they will refund you up to 30 days(and completely close your account, including the gw1 link of applied); at which point you can pre-purchase HoT, which includes core.

Per arenanet/staff/knights, you would not be buying core at this point, but getting it included with your HoT purchase. It is very important to remember this fact, that core will be given to you, free of charge, valued at $0. Otherwise, you may get upset.

That sounds like semantic corporate mumbo jumbo-babble to me.

sigh

But it’s not corporate mumbo jumbo. If you’ve bought the expansion recently ask for a refund. If you haven’t bought it recently you’ve had time to play it and you’ve gotten money out of it.

I once bought a TV and six months later it was $100 less. Sure, but I was using it for six months.

Welcome to the real world.

That’s a poor comparison. This is more like getting a shelf, building up a china plate collection, and then after seeing a better deal on a shelf having to give up your entire collection just to get the same value that other people are getting.

Keep in mind that in order to receive refunds, people have to give up their current accounts entirely. If they worked hard over the past ~30 days, that could be a lot of effort gone entirely to waste simply because they were misled to believe that there wouldn’t be this better deal.

If they bought the kitten game 2 months ago and played so much with so many achi/gear/gold/whatever that they don’t want to refund it, but still feel like they want a refund cause they lost money.

No one can help them. You either get a refund but lose all your progress, with a new cheaper fresh account, or you keep the account but “lose” money. You can’t have it both ways.

I feel like keeping my account but still get the discount, it somehow proves my point doesn’kitten Because if you truly wan’t to save your account, you are saying that the money you put down was worth it, don’t you? If you truly played that much during those 2 months, that you don’t want a refund, it was worth it all along.

I think 30 days Guarantee seems legit, you bought it within 30 days of the HoT pricing announcement, you should get your money back, but you will lose your account (as you should) But atleast you will save some money. They do this exact thing in my business where i work.

Everything you just said is entirely irrelevant on the basis that people were deliberately misled to believe that they would have to purchase the standalone game first in order to access HoT. The fact that they didn’t announce this bundle deal ahead of time suggests that they either made a last-minute knee-jerk decision without thinking about the impact that it would have on new customers (more likely), or worse, they intentionally made efforts to con people into paying for the base game beforehand when they were planning on bundling the two together anyway (less likely). Either way, Anet’s reputation is being flushed down the drain.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

If you can link us the print schreen , some1 from the company that reading these threads will take notice and ‘’help your issue’’ (that you have been paying from 1 month and 13 days) , rather than the company employers that are beeing bombared with mails .

But if this just an alt account , they will find to which main account you have been sending mails to , the gold-t6 mats , and ban both [/quote]

Since when did using an Alt account become bannable?

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

If you bought GW2 within the past 30 days Anet support is refunding/compensating customers. Beyond 30 days and you may be screwed.

You also lost all your work since they disable your account. What they should have done was let them buy HOT and refund the $10 or what they spent in GEMS.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

If you bought GW2 within the past 30 days Anet support is refunding/compensating customers. Beyond 30 days and you may be screwed.

Of course only if you bought it directly via Anet. If you bought it somewhere else you can stick your complaint where the sun don’t shine.

Crude? Perhaps but that seems to be the reality of it.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Angelica Dream.7103

Anet’s official post says they will give a refund for Core to buy HOT if it was bought in the past month, but all progress will be lost.

In other words you get your money back for Core and re-buy HOT and start over.

Posted by: Gallahad.9834

Gallahad.9834

How recently GW2 was purchased is the entire POINT of this thread. BTW Digital deluxe version was $60 a week ago before they updated the shop on the website. Anyways Thanks for all the posts but this thread was not intended to start a debate on the price of the expansion, the price of the expansion is null and void unless they do not allow me to pre purchase HoT and refund my core game purchase i had bought on June 10th, while still allowing me to hold on to all my gold gear and experience i have worked for.

Gallahad.9834

So with this new expansion it includes the core game as well as the expansion? So in other words i just paid $60 for GW2 when i could have gotten it AND the expansion for $50 if i had just waited? or is the expansion JUST the expansion and not include the core game?

Per Regina The expansion costs $50. The core game is included as a free gift to new players.

“Just paid $60” how recent is “just paid”
…I’m pretty sure core hasn’t cost $60 within the last year, could be wrong though…
Either way, looks like if you contact support they will refund you up to 30 days(and completely close your account, including the gw1 link of applied); at which point you can pre-purchase HoT, which includes core.

Per arenanet/staff/knights, you would not be buying core at this point, but getting it included with your HoT purchase. It is very important to remember this fact, that core will be given to you, free of charge, valued at $0. Otherwise, you may get upset.

That sounds like semantic corporate mumbo jumbo-babble to me.

sigh

But it’s not corporate mumbo jumbo. If you’ve bought the expansion recently ask for a refund. If you haven’t bought it recently you’ve had time to play it and you’ve gotten money out of it.

I once bought a TV and six months later it was $100 less. Sure, but I was using it for six months.

Welcome to the real world.

That’s a poor comparison. This is more like getting a shelf, building up a china plate collection, and then after seeing a better deal on a shelf having to give up your entire collection just to get the same value that other people are getting.

Keep in mind that in order to receive refunds, people have to give up their current accounts entirely. If they worked hard over the past ~30 days, that could be a lot of effort gone entirely to waste simply because they were misled to believe that there wouldn’t be this better deal.

If they bought the kitten game 2 months ago and played so much with so many achi/gear/gold/whatever that they don’t want to refund it, but still feel like they want a refund cause they lost money.

No one can help them. You either get a refund but lose all your progress, with a new cheaper fresh account, or you keep the account but “lose” money. You can’t have it both ways.

I feel like keeping my account but still get the discount, it somehow proves my point doesn’kitten Because if you truly wan’t to save your account, you are saying that the money you put down was worth it, don’t you? If you truly played that much during those 2 months, that you don’t want a refund, it was worth it all along.

I think 30 days Guarantee seems legit, you bought it within 30 days of the HoT pricing announcement, you should get your money back, but you will lose your account (as you should) But atleast you will save some money. They do this exact thing in my business where i work.

Everything you just said is entirely irrelevant on the basis that people were deliberately misled to believe that they would have to purchase the standalone game first in order to access HoT. The fact that they didn’t announce this bundle deal ahead of time suggests that they either made a last-minute knee-jerk decision without thinking about the impact that it would have on new customers (more likely), or worse, they intentionally made efforts to con people into paying for the base game beforehand when they were planning on bundling the two together anyway (less likely). Either way, Anet’s reputation is being flushed down the drain.

This is exactly my point. HoT was the reason i purchased GW2 on june 10th, knowing it was coming soon and not knowing the price nor that it was going to include the core game. Had i known that i would have waited for the expansion to come out before purchasing the game.

Angelica Dream.7103

This is exactly my point. HoT was the reason i purchased GW2 on june 10th, knowing it was coming soon and not knowing the price nor that it was going to include the core game. Had i known that i would have waited for the expansion to come out before purchasing the game.

One ting everyone agree on is Anet botched this roll out. Very sorry got caught in it.

Worst, Anet is playing the quiet game, and not being accountable for their mistakes.

Gallahad.9834

Alex Cruz (Guild Wars 2 Support)
Jun 22, 15:50

Yes, if you purchase one of the expansion editions from buy.guildwars2.com and use the code to reactive your account, you will be able to start playing Guild Wars 2 immediately. The expansion would then be added to the account when it officially launches.

If you still want to proceed with the refund please provide the information requested.

Your Guild Wars 2 purchase Order Number provided in the receipt of the purchase(s)
The e-mail address you used when making the purchase
If a credit/debit card was used: the last four digits (only the last four, please) of the card
If PayPal® was used: the invoice ID from your PayPal® payment history
If online banking was used, please make sure that you are contacting us from the e-mail address used to make the purchase
Your billing address including your zip code or postal code

We look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Alex Cruz
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/

Looks like A Net is not wanting to lose their new players.

Gallahad.9834

Please Close this thread as it has been solved reasonably by the A Net Team!