So bogotter make a video about the debacle.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

You also have to pay a monthly fee for wow so the freebies you got you actually were paying for.

A freebie to loyal customer is a freebie .
The fact that it was delivered for a subcription free game, a free game, a buy 2 play game doesn’t make it less of a freebie and doesn’t detract from the fact that regular customer feel rewarded for their loyalty and not discriminated against.

So what you are saying is unless you get a freebie from anet you won’t be happy?

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

This game isnt FTP, its BTP, and if they didnt make tons of money from the gemstore (ive spent 500-600$ on it since launch and purchased 3 accounts), then they wouldnt have made the money to launch in China, NPE, screw over veterans in a fractal rework, whatever fancy sports car this guy drives https://imgflip.com/i/n300s, or launch an expansion this LATE in its 3 year cycle instead of years ago.

Most games are FTP or BTP with microtrans these days. And for the ones with a sub the average costumer expects WAY more than they used to. The expansion is 60$ (if you’re on this forum, its 60$ min, not 50$), and if you’re going to spend that you might as well buy the 75$, but thats a ripoff considering the 100$ version offers a considerably better deal. Its not even a ‘this is the version with lots of collectors edition goodies’ its just the best deal.

A.net does owe veteran players, they owe us massive amounts of content for the wait, and I think its sick that people are so starved for content in this MMO people are willing to shell out 100$ for an expansion with no dungeons.

Every one of those people in those videos are underselling how much of a big deal this is because they’re all on the take or just deluded because of how starved for content this game has been since launch.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

You also have to pay a monthly fee for wow so the freebies you got you actually were paying for.

The fact that it was delivered for a subcription free game, a free game, a buy 2 play game doesn’t make it less of a freebie and doesn’t detract from the fact that regular customer feel rewarded for their loyalty and not discriminated against.

So what you are saying is unless you get a freebie from anet you won’t be happy?

I feel discrimated by a company as a loyal customer whereas newcustomer are considered better in everyway.
This is called customer relation and Anet is doing a poor job at it.

briggah.7910

I feel discrimated by a company as a loyal customer whereas newcustomer are considered better in everyway.

Player Vs Everyone

papry.8096

Yep.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

They’re giving the entire core game away as freebie, the whole game! I want equal value or I’m not buying.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

briggah.7910

They’re giving the entire core game away as freebie, the whole game! I want equal value or I’m not buying.

Delete your account, go buy the standard addition and start all over. Now you too can get the free benefit of becoming a new player to the game.

Player Vs Everyone

papry.8096

Delete your account, go buy the standard addition and start all over. Now you too can get the free benefit of becoming a new player to the game.

Will you do it before for us ?
Then tell us how you feel. Okay ?

briggah.7910

Will you do it before for us ?
Then tell us how you feel. Okay ?

Nope because I realize I’m not buying the core game twice and are only paying for the expansion.

Player Vs Everyone

papry.8096

Nope because I realize I’m not buying the core game twice and are only paying for the expansion.

So why should I follow your advice if you are not willing to try it ?

briggah.7910

So why should I follow your advice if you are not willing to try it ?

Because unlike you, which you clearly stated, I don’t need a freebie to be happy playing this game.

Player Vs Everyone

papry.8096

Because unlike you, which you clearly stated, I don’t need a freebie to be happy playing this game.

You don’t need a freebie to happily buy the expansion; nuance is there.
Still You didn’t told me why you won’t do what you suggested.

Nevermind you wrote it there
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-will-you-upgrade-or-get-a-new-account/first#post5171807

The question is, if you are buying HoT – would you go for a new account or an upgrade and why?

Upgrade. I have so many hours in this game, it would actually take me over 2 years to get back to where I am now. 9 lvl 80’s, 4k+ WvW rank, 15k+ achievement points, Maxed every craft. So much more that I would never want to start over. Oh and 100% map completion, only on one toon LOL not sure I can do it for each of them.

(edited by papry.8096)

briggah.7910

You don’t need a freebie to happily buy the expansion; nuance is there.
Still You didn’t told me why you won’t do what you suggested.

Yes I did tell you why. I’ll even include some more to make you understand a little better. I got freebies for playing the game for over 2 years, I don’t need another freebie to make me happy. You said you won’t be happy unless you get a freebie.

Way I see it is if you think new players are getting a freebie and you are not, only way to get the same as a new player is start all over. Then you lose all the benefits of being a veteran player, but you got the free core version so wouldn’t that make you happy?

Player Vs Everyone

papry.8096

Yes I did tell you why. I’ll even include some more to make you understand a little better. I got freebies for playing the game for over 2 years
I don’t need another freebie to make me happy. You said you won’t be happy unless you get a freebie.

You didn’t get freebies during these 2 years; you got Anet fulfilling the promises they did to players 3 year ago when they released GW2.
For that I rewarded them by playing the game, talking of it around me and being active on the cashshop.

It’s not another freebies to make me happy.
It’s a freebie that means than my money & attention to buy the expansion HoT is equal to that of a newcomer.

Posted by: Daniel.7526

Daniel.7526

Arena Net promoted Youtuber, any opinions can not be considered impartial or trustworthy.

Exclusive Interview with HoT Developer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Aidenwolf.5964

No need to delete to start over. I can apply the code as a new account but that’s not an expansion for my current account that I paid max dollar for.

Knowledge is power.

PugLife SoloQ

Aidenwolf.5964

Arena Net promoted Youtuber, any opinions can not be considered impartial or trustworthy.

Exclusive Interview with HoT Developer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

The greatest GW2 video ever

PugLife SoloQ

briggah.7910

Yes I did tell you why. I’ll even include some more to make you understand a little better. I got freebies for playing the game for over 2 years
I don’t need another freebie to make me happy. You said you won’t be happy unless you get a freebie.

You didn’t get freebies during these 2 years; you got Anet fulfilling the promises they did to players 3 year ago when they released GW2.
For that I rewarded them by playing the game, talking of it around me and being active on the cashshop.

It’s not another freebies to make me happy.
It’s a freebie that means than my money & attention to buy the expansion HoT is equal to that of a newcomer.

Actually I did get freebies, I got free updates pretty much every 2 weeks, Free Living stories that new players will need to buy with gems, Free open world content that isn’t coming back, and since you mentioned the gem store. I got lots of free stuff on there as well because at times they give away free stuff to players. Maybe small free stuff but it was still free..

Player Vs Everyone

papry.8096

No need to delete to start over. I can apply the code as a new account but that’s not an expansion for my current account that I paid max dollar for.

Knowledge is power.

He was just trying to bait me:

The question is, if you are buying HoT – would you go for a new account or an upgrade and why?

Upgrade. I have so many hours in this game, it would actually take me over 2 years to get back to where I am now. 9 lvl 80’s, 4k+ WvW rank, 15k+ achievement points, Maxed every craft. So much more that I would never want to start over. Oh and 100% map completion, only on one toon LOL not sure I can do it for each of them.

papry.8096

Actually I did get freebies, I got free updates pretty much every 2 weeks,

Anet promises at game release.

Free Living stories that new players will need to buy with gems,

Anets promises for LS2.

Free open world content that isn’t coming back,

Anet promises for LS1 (they were still experimenting).

and since you mentioned the gem store. I got lots of free stuff on there as well because at times they give away free stuff to players. Maybe small free stuff but it was still free..

So now it’s only small free stuff not 2 years of content; we progress at least.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

That was awesome.

Posted by: Chobiko.9182

Chobiko.9182

Here’s the thing: A game has install costs. I.e. for every install (new account) there is an associated cost to the developer. You can assume this cost is close to the sale ANet held at $10, going much lower they would sell at a loss if they weren’t already.

The “core” game cannot be thrown in a bundle as an added bonus for “free”. To ANet there will be a cost associated with every new account registered. Someone must be absorbing these costs. So we can expect the expansion pre-order price to reflect not only dev cost, but this “free incentive” as well. When you upgrade your account instead of opening a new one after buying HoT you essentially relinquish this “free incentive” in favor of playing on your own account. In other words you don’t incur the “install cost” on ANet. Instead part of the $ you spent on the HoT bundle are absorbing the costs of someone else’s new account.

Many people in the last few days have held arguments bordering on, or being blatantly ignorant and entitled. It’s even gone as far as people demanding that ANet give us “vets” a better incentive to pre-purchase because we already sunk money into the game.

I can understand that people disagree with such an argument since it barely holds water.

The issue I outlined above is, however, a concern that ANet is making veteran players absorb the costs of new player acquisition, at no added incentive. It amounts to turning all the vet players into philanthropists donating dollars to help ANet build their playerbase. Sure that is part of what we are doing when buying gems, and new accounts. But this expansion makes it such an obvious 1 for 1 trade it’s uncomfortable to see them decide this was the best direction to take it.

I hope ANet decides to throw in some added incentive for “upgrading” your account since we don’t incur any “install costs” to them. An added incentive might simply diminish potential profit.

I don’t hope for any apology or a reduction in price, but I’d rather they treat existing customers who are potential buyers of their content with more respect in the future. (I am not about to absorb costs they could have just as well put on the new players). I know $5 ain’t much, but it’s the principle of it that is painful.

(edited by Chobiko.9182)

Posted by: olTThreelo.6710

olTThreelo.6710

Ok.. this one is even better than the other one floating around.. awesome!

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

They’ve bundled it for free with the expansion. So what?

You don’t go out and buy a $60 game off of Steam on its release week and then complain that it is on sale for 75% off a couple years later. You don’t complain when said game is given for free to PSN/XBOX live players some years down the line.

Okay let’s clarify: That’s two totally differents situations.

I already brought the game at 60$ & enjoyed it.
Then a new offer directed at new players comes they sell the game at 10$.
I’m not eligible & not interested because I already own it.

Now our situation:
I already brought the game at 60$ I played it for 5K hours.
I’m waiting for the expansion.
Anet releases a selling offer for the expansion adressed to new players and existing players.
Except that the offer is amazing for new layers and seems like a ripoff for existing players.

To me is like Anet says :
You are a newplayer you can have a freebie + the expansion.
You are an existing player, you are not eligible for a freebie. thx for your support.

How many sequels are released with the prequel bundled in? Quite a few. Bayonetta ringing a bell?

WoW bundles its previous expansions together for free. Its community doesn’t complain. EverQuest did the same.

The only issue here is the FAQ misadvertisement and the number of recent sales on the game. These players were mislead and they have been ripped off. You have not been. I have not been. They deserve compensation. We do not.

EQ also gave me gifts with a pre-order, you know, something to sweeten the deal to make me consider giving them money before I could use their product. A return on my investment. Pretty standard practice.

Right now to get what EQ gave me for pre-ordering the base expansion I’d be paying $75.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

You can’t take seriously any anet promoted youtuber/streamer like bogotter or wooden potatoes. They can’t be trusted because they benefit from advertising this game.

A corporate shill. I’ll wait for Angry Joe or TotalBiscuit’s views instead, if they even make a video. They are less biased towards GW2.

Any youtuber in a partner program is a shill. You cannot trust a word they say, because their income is dictated solely by views.

Paid damage control, sponsored by A-net.

Watched the video. Bogotter was fair and honest. Can’t say the same for WoodenPotatoes. He’s All In with Anet.

How about addressing their arguments and their their character?

His Argument of what he thinks arena net wants is flawed. Big time.
If he was in touch with the community, isntead of the staff, he’d probably read many people saying they’ll just keep playing the base game, specially the ones that bought more recently are all saying they’ll keep with base and buy the expac when the price drops.
So basically you’ll always have people with just the core game with this, but instead of the newbies that still have to play the first part of the content to get to HoT, you have older players who already have played to be at HoT status, and might get frustrated and quit.
So yes, marketing faux pas, low consideration for older players, overall cash grab (towards the older players)
All that rolled into one big debacle.

Well at least you’re doing somewhat better than the rest.

Frankly I don’t think the argument “other MMO’s are doing it” is a good reason to defend poor customer treatment, and an overpriced product.

Thats because it is a logical fallacy that only a fanboy would attempt.
http://skepdic.com/adpopulum.html

That’s a fallacy too you know?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGBO-WMrlIQ

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

obey me

briggah.7910

Actually I did get freebies, I got free updates pretty much every 2 weeks,

Anet promises at game release.

Free Living stories that new players will need to buy with gems,

Anets promises for LS2.

Free open world content that isn’t coming back,

Anet promises for LS1 (they were still experimenting).

and since you mentioned the gem store. I got lots of free stuff on there as well because at times they give away free stuff to players. Maybe small free stuff but it was still free..

So now it’s only small free stuff not 2 years of content; we progress at least.

Actually someone else pointed out to me that in-fact Anet never used the word promise. People are taking what others have said and turning into a promise. If of course you can find a video or an official post from anet that I for myself can look at and hear/see them say “promise” I will agree that they broke a promise.

You also said I didn’t get anything for free which in fact I did get free stuff. They even have given away free black lion keys over the time. For all you know I could have gotten a black lion ticket out of a chest, bought a skin and sold it on the trading post for lots of gold.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

papry.8096

You also said I didn’t get anything for free which in fact I did get free stuff. They even have given away free black lion keys over the time. For all you know I could have gotten a black lion ticket out of a chest, bought a skin and sold it on the trading post for lots of gold.

Great for you.
Can you answer that in all honesty ? thx.

Whats old player played during 3 years ? GW2.
What old players want to buys ? HOT
What new players buy ? GW2 + HOT
What new players played during 3 years ? NOT GW2 by their choice.
Does the year of playing GW2 (NOT HOT) for older player has any relation with new player not buying the game before and playing to get stuff ?

briggah.7910

Great for you.
Can you answer that in all honesty ? thx.

Yes I can, I did in-fact get a BL ticket from a free key but I bought a skin with it and didn’t have to buy the skin for lots of gold on the trading post. I actually have another ticket as well in my bank waiting for something that catches my eye.

Whats old player played during 3 years ? GW2.
What old players want to buys ? HOT
What new players buy ? GW2 + HOT
What new players played during 3 years ? NOT GW2 by their choice.
Does the year of playing GW2 (NOT HOT) for older player has any relation with new player not buying the game before and playing to get stuff ?

Not even sure what you mean here but old players got to experience the game for all those years and new players will never get to experience it like we did. So what they get a free core version of the game. They still do not get the same thing we have gotten over the years even if it is free. They still have to start from level 1 and work there way up to HoT yet us old players can jump right into HoT.

Player Vs Everyone

papry.8096

Not even sure what you mean here but old players got to experience the game for all those years and new players will never get to experience it like we did.
So what they get a free core version of the game. They still do not get the same thing we have gotten over the years even if it is free.
They still have to start from level 1 and work there way up to HoT yet us old players can jump right into HoT.

You agree that all of that happens by these players choices ?
They didn’t play the game by their own volition ?
Do I owe these players anything for my 3 years of playing ?

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Have seen the Youtuber linked in the first Post and they sound reasonable. Some more on Anets Side others not on Anets Side, but with valid Points.

What is sad that even People who are relatively negative about the Situation now have to say that they aren’t supported by Anet, otherwise no one would believe them.

To be honest. Anets Communication Skills are terrible. They were better once but their Ability to communicate has withered over the last Years of silence. Perhaps they are scared to say anything, that would be taken as a promise by the comm ( even if this isn’t a promise ) and then having People shouting " You promised " to Anet if the thing they wanted to introduce couldn’t make it into the Game but we don’t know. What they need to do is to improve their communication Skills massively by communicating with us much more and not be afraid of slipping up a few words resulting in a new Crapstorm ( which happened one or two times )

Right now we have a Crapstorm here, which isn’t new ( last one was over the Dragonhunter’s Name ), its like a normal Forum Day xD.
But the Problem I’ve seen here is that, an Opinion different as the ones joining the Crapstorm isn’t allowed. If you have a slighty different Opinion, then you are labeled as, White Knight, Fanboi, Paid by Anet, Anet Employee, Mentally Challenged, Braindead Idiot, Mindless Drone, and the List goes on. some of them are outright insulting. you should alwas respect the other Side and try to understand their Point instead of going personal. This is one of the most important thing if you want to Discuss something but 90% of the people here are ignoring this point and go straight personal. As I’ve seen even the other Side to go Personal this advice is going to both Sides. Respect each other.

For me, I can understand if someone isn’t going to prepurchase, because we have seen very little of content. It could be more but it could be very little in the Release and I also understand the ones who prepurchased, beause by prepurchasing you are able to test the Beta ( there were People out there who would pay up to 30 Buck just to play the Beta instead of farming Portals ), also they are confident that that HoT will include enough Content.

What Anet should do in this case where we don’t know if there is enough Content, is to show more, at least in the Beta Weekends. Even small Parts of other Maps would do the Trick, so everyone can see that there is much Content.

Another Solution could be an Extra Charslot with the Standard Edition, and another one with the Deluxe Edition, which makes it two for veteran Players. Why extra Charslot? Because of the new Class coming, it would fix some of the uproar here, some, not all.^^

Posted by: Greymelken.1892

Greymelken.1892

Really I need some input on that…because this make no sense to me at all.
I bought the game; play the hell of it, supported the company but I’m not supposed to have a decent sale offer for the expansion like any new player ?

Do you get upset and rant and rave at your cable company when they offer free HBO for a few months to new customers while you have to pay for it?

Coup de gras. Debate is over. Reason is champion.

/topic

briggah.7910

Not even sure what you mean here but old players got to experience the game for all those years and new players will never get to experience it like we did.
So what they get a free core version of the game. They still do not get the same thing we have gotten over the years even if it is free.
They still have to start from level 1 and work there way up to HoT yet us old players can jump right into HoT.

You agree that all of that happens by these players choices ?
They didn’t play the game by their own volition ?
Do I owe these players anything for my 3 years of playing ?

I don’t even know why I keep replying to you since you have already stated that you will not be happy unless you also get something for free.

Player Vs Everyone

papry.8096

Coup de gras.

Google trad: Coup fat hmmmmmmm………..hmmmmm don’t get it.

Coup de grace……..google trad: Coup de grĂ¢ce…..Oh OKay.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

You can’t take seriously any anet promoted youtuber/streamer like bogotter or wooden potatoes. They can’t be trusted because they benefit from advertising this game.

WP wouldn’t do that. I can’t speak for Bog, though.

NSPride <3

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

This guy was my personal favorite. Sexy voice & accent, feet on the ground and completely straightforward.