Stronghold isnt GvG

Stronghold isnt GvG

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

It sounds like an evolution of the actual Guild Wars GvGs which were pretty popular and extremely well designed (the best PvP mode in any game to this date if you ask me) with some DOTA-style elements added on top.

Very few people actually cares about that ridiculous spamfest you have going on the corner of some WvW map, in fact, I’m sure the combat designers are bit ashamed of their work when they see that stuff (I know I would...)

I’m pretty excited about this to be honest, it won’t be as good as the original ones (GW2’s combat system is way too dumbed down for it) but if they manage to capture the overall feeling, this new game mode could end up being a hugely successful.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Also, the new mode doesn’t stop people from going into some out of the way section and organizing fights. You can have your deathmatch battles as you do now, and the other guys get the new style, which is currently impossible.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

It sounds like a evolution of the actual Guild Wars GvGs which were pretty popular and extremely well designed (the best PvP mode in any game to this date if you ask me) with some DOTA-style elements added on top.

Very few people actually cares about that ridiculous spamfest you have going on the corner of some WvW map, in fact, I’m sure the combat designers are bit ashamed of their work when they see that stuff (I know I would…)

If you want me to introduce you to the GvG scene and the metas/tactics going on, I will easily convince you that it is much more than a spam fest. Guild wars 2 combat is very confusing if you don’t know whats going on.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

MOBA style elements sounds great. Really excited. Can’t wait for more infos.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Stronghold isnt GvG

Spiuk.8421

If you want me to introduce you to the GvG scene and the metas/tactics going on, I will easily convince you that it is much more than a spam fest. Guild wars 2 combat is very confusing if you don’t know whats going on.

I’m perfectly introduced already, but thanks.

I was just stating some facts.

Stronghold isnt GvG

SkylightMoon.1980

Also, the new mode doesn’t stop people from going into some out of the way section and organizing fights. You can have your deathmatch battles as you do now, and the other guys get the new style, which is currently impossible.

I mean im not asking for a new mode. And ye I think its cool that stronghold has been added. All gvg guilds have every asked for is the capability to fight other guilds. We can’t completely do that now if the guild is in a different matchup or on the same server. Thast why I think they should just give us the ability to open up an instanced OS arena in our guild halls.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Phosphia.7813

Phosphia.7813

It is exactly as you put it. Spvp is getting a new mode.

The GvG in WvW will remain the same.

So now I ask you again. What’s the fuss?

Apperently there is a fuss since you deem it necessary to talk bad about the mode you don’t play.

Stronghold isnt GvG

SkylightMoon.1980

I’m perfectly introduced already, but thanks.

I was just stating some facts.

If you think that the gw2 gvg is something that is just a spam zerg fest then it just proves that you’re ignorant. Its a lot more than just pressing one. Its okay if you don’t know anything about it, there is a lot to learn. If you think its as easy as it looks then I can pull you into a gvg guild to show you lol.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

If anything, the ppt population is the smallest in wvw. Almost everyone in WvW likes fights in some way. Very few people(eotm heros or yaks bend) like to only ppt and sit in a tower all day, ignoring fights and playing with acs to ward back to enemy. You should play more wvw and youd realize how many guilds are actually there.

You do know there is a MASSIVE difference between wanting fights and “GvGing” right?

I dont really know what you like, but i can only say one thing: if it wasnt for gvg scene, this game was already death for me one year ago.
Having a guild playing togheter and create the synergy between 20 people is one of the best thing i found in this game, and its really sad that arenanet cant support a gametype of this kind. Probably if it was well supported by Arenanet we would be much more than the 2000 people loving it that you are mentioning, even people like you that probably havent a guild supporting it and cant play GvG properly would love the gameplay.

Talking about the “zergfest” definition, thats wvw and its kinda different from GvG we are actualy doing, that in fact involves a lot of skill, prolly much different from PvP, cuz is more based on movements and syncrony between the divisions, and its more based on group skill than individual.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Spiuk.8421

To be fair in GW1 you had way more than 8 people in most Guilds as well, and yet GvG only allowed 8 people at a time.

Semi-serious GvG guilds had 10-12 people, plus alliances for occasional reserves.

If you think that the gw2 gvg is something that is just a spam zerg fest then it just proves that you’re ignorant.

Sure it does, whatever makes you feel good champ.

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I dont think Anet will ever give offical support in from of a structured enviroment to the “WvW GvG”.

The structered pvp was always intended to be small scaled not 20v20.

Stronghold isnt GvG

SkylightMoon.1980

I dont think Anet will ever give offical support in from of a structured enviroment to the “WvW GvG”.

The structered pvp was always intended to be small scaled not 20v20.

I think the least they could do is give the OS some more capabilities that will let us fight against people in other matchups. Perhaps make it a megaserver style.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Phosphia.7813

PvP and WvW are two completely different things. The scale of the fights, the customization and objectives are very different.

WvW has had an established and indeed very wide spread GvG community and it still has. Trying to demean this fact just makes your post ridiculous.

SPvP does not have this, but is now getting a game mode that allows guilds to face other guilds competitively. You can call it GvG for spvp if you are so intent.

But it’s pretty interesting to see all these posts of people being hurt over the fact that the term GvG is already well established in the game.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Where’s the fuss coming from?

Because an already established term describing a game type from GW1 was coined by the community to use as a moniker for a community organized events that are essentially “Guild TDM”.

The title of this topic is “Stronghold isn’t GvG”, well just as valid of a view is that " ‘GvG’ is not GvG".

You are looking at two groups of people using the same name for two vastly different types of activities, one of which happens to be possible in limited capacity right now through community organization. This has been going on so long now that the fact that the current form of GvG inside WvW originally formed as a substitute, because of the lack of an official successor to GW1’s GvG, is no longer fresh on people’s minds.

The player base of this new GvG is also likely changed from those times a great deal but the term stuck with them even if they might no longer be waiting for the old style of GvG to be supported and some likely joined in later and never did to begin with.

All of this doesn’t mean that the people looking for a more Classic GvG akin to the current’s namesake from GW1 necessarily went anywhere. Only that some were willing to compromise and others were not.

Now, Stronghold isn’t GvG in the classic sense either that much is true, however, it certainly is closer to the GvG from GW1 than what we see being played in Obsidian Sanctum now. So people referring to it as or making the connection to GvG is reasonable, these people are just perhaps different people than those who play the WvW incarnation of GvG today.

At the end of the day GvG is a term that ArenaNet could have called Stronghold by and it had been entirely reasonable because the heritage to the official GW1 game mode is as clear as day. However, they chose not to do this because they could seem problems in using that term now from mile away.

Ultimately both sides of this debate are correct. Stronghold is Stronghold with strong influence from classic GW1 GvG. This is more of a debate on who has more right to use the term GvG, and ultimately ArenaNet decided to stay out of this debate and call the new mode Stronghold.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: McMarc.1276

McMarc.1276

All this talking about “waah gw2 isnt gw1 live with it” “gvg wont be like in gw1, blah blah”. Now we get a mode that is really really close to what we had in gw1 and the first thing I read on forums is that this no gvg, posted by a guy that calls people ignorant for not sharing his opinion, also saying that people asked for deathmatch GvGs. Like “most of the people” right I wanna see that statistics. I’d bet alot coin that at least 60% of all players will be totally satisfied with a mode like this, since it gives much more space for tactics and movement, which is totally not the case in battles like the so called “gvg” ppl use to do on wvw borderlands (which is generally a big joke, since it cant be more unbalanced (gear, borderland bonus etc)). Its important to have tactical elements like splits and possibilities to fall back in a GvG mode. Thats what differs GvG from a counter strike DM.

So SkylightMoon I know you like your GvGs in wvw and that totally fine, but dont say the now comming mode is not GvG, since you would call that “ignorant”

this will be GVG!

Marc Geht Steil / Honorable Marc / Mc Marc
Just call me Marc :3
Gatekeepers Of Desolation [GoD]

(edited by McMarc.1276)

Stronghold isnt GvG

Phosphia.7813

Where’s the fuss coming from?

Because an already established term describing a game type from GW1 was coined by the community to use as a moniker for a community organized events that are essentially “Guild TDM”.

The title of this topic is “Stronghold isn’t GvG”, well just as valid of a view is that " ‘GvG’ is not GvG".

You are looking at two groups of people using the same name for two vastly different types of activities, one of which happens to be possible in limited capacity right now through community organization. This has been going on so long now that the fact that the current form of GvG inside WvW originally formed as a substitute, because of the lack of an official successor to GW1’s GvG, is no longer fresh on people’s minds.

The player base of this new GvG is also likely changed from those times a great deal but the term stuck with them even if they might no longer be waiting for the old style of GvG to be supported and some likely joined in later and never did to begin with.

All of this doesn’t mean that the people looking for a more Classic GvG akin to the current’s namesake from GW1 necessarily went anywhere. Only that some were willing to compromise and others were not.

Now, Stronghold isn’t GvG in the classic sense either that much is true, however, it certainly is closer to the GvG from GW1 than what we see being played in Obsidian Sanctum now. So people referring to it as or making the connection to GvG is reasonable, these people are just perhaps different people than those who play the WvW incarnation of GvG today.

At the end of the day GvG is a term that ArenaNet could have called Stronghold by and it had been entirely reasonable because the heritage to the official GW1 game mode is as clear as day. However, they chose not to do this because they could seem problems in using that term now from mile away.

Ultimately both sides of this debate are correct. Stronghold is Stronghold with strong influence from classic GW1 GvG. This is more of a debate on who has more right to use the term GvG, and ultimately ArenaNet decided to stay out of this debate and call the new mode Stronghold.

I find this to be pretty accurate, though spvp and wvw are to very different things and it’s just silly that semantics has to be such a huge problem.

Even more so are the posts trying to demean GvG in WvW because it has been an established term for so long.

On that note, I also disagree with the title of the thread. You can consider Stronghold a GvG, it just isn’t the kind that is well established in the game currently since before Stronghold there were only GvGs in WvW.

Again, spvp and wvw are two very different things.

(edited by Phosphia.7813)

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

I… is this about ownership of the term “GvG”?

I admit to being at a loss on this one ><

Stronghold isnt GvG

SkylightMoon.1980

All this talking about “waah gw2 isnt gw1 live with it” “gvg wont be like in gw1, blah blah”. Now we get a mode that is really really close to what we had in gw1 and the first thing I read on forums is that this no gvg, posted by a guy that calls people ignorant for not sharing his opinion, also saying that people asked for deathmatch GvGs. Like “most of the people” right I wanna see that statistics. I’d bet alot coin that at least 60% of all players will be totally satisfied with a mode like this, since it gives much more space for tactics and movement, which is totally not the case in battles like the so called “gvg” ppl use to do on wvw borderlands (which is generally a big joke, since it cant be more unbalanced (gear, borderland bonus etc)). Its important to have tactical elements like splits and possibilities to fall back in a GvG mode. Thats what differs GvG from a counter strike DM.

So SkylightMoon I know you like your GvGs in wvw and that totally fine, but dont say the now comming mode is not GvG, since you would call that “ignorant”

this will be GVG!

I never called anyone ignorant because they like a different style of gvg. I think people are incredibly ignorant when they think that tdm takes no skill and is just a zergfest. Just read the comments. The two modes take skill in different ways.

If you want proof that gw2 deathmatch has been the most requested, then go search the forum for posts talking about gvg’s and I guarantee you that the majority will be about gw2 gvg which is a tdm match.

GvG isn’t really unbalanced because the gear people have is practically all on the same level. I mean your comment is a perfect example of the ignorance im talking about. You have no exposure whatsoever to the gvg community in gw2 and don’t want to be open minded into looking at it, and so you write stupid comments like this. You write things like its unbalanced because of gear and what not LOL.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

This is closer to GvG than what GW2 players refer to as GvG from what I understand.

Not saying your criticism is invalid, however, there are two groups of people with two vastly different definitions of GvG. For one of those groups Stronghold seems to hit pretty close to home when it comes to GvG.

Explain please because I am confused.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Spiuk.8421

This is closer to GvG than what GW2 players refer to as GvG from what I understand.

Not saying your criticism is invalid, however, there are two groups of people with two vastly different definitions of GvG. For one of those groups Stronghold seems to hit pretty close to home when it comes to GvG.

Explain please because I am confused.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/GvG

It sounds like this new game mode will be something like that with some added DOTA elements on top, probably to "stall" the game at different points of the map (since we don’t have a sustainable trinity now).

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

GvG in Gw1 had you bust through gates to kill a Guild Lord defended by weak NPCs. to win

GW2’s Stronghold has you bust through gates to kill a Guild Lord to win.

Stronghold = GW1 GvG with a few added elements.

Stronghold is the GvG that I want. Not some stupid 20v20 death balling.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Phosphia.7813

GvG in Gw1 had you bust through gates to kill a Guild Lord defended by weak NPCs. to win

Are all PvPers this ignorant?

We want you to have Stronghold too. The WvW community has a GvG scene (which you currently do not) and they would like for anet to make it more convenient for them to arrange those GvGs.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Crise.9401

Again, spvp and wvw are two very different things.

Just curious what aspects of the WvW progressionis taken advantage of in the WvW GvG? I would think you’d deliberately want to avoid stat buffs and the like. Is siege being used? I guess you have the raicial skills , but other than that I am having hard time picturing what WvW specific this particular flavor of GvG is taking advantage of (not including team sizes because at this point we don’t even know for sure what sort of team sizes HoT might support).

I… is this about ownership of the term “GvG”?

I would definitely say that it is… to a degree at least, it would be problematic if people within same guild started calling both Stronghold and WvW GvG just GvG (because of personal preference f.ex., though I assume guilds tend to mostly gather like minded people). Not to even talk about more public chats like map chat.

Stronghold isnt GvG

SkylightMoon.1980

We want you to have Stronghold too. The WvW community has a GvG scene (which you currently do not) and they would like for anet to make it more convenient for them to arrange those GvGs.

Apparently. Its actually mind blowing how stupid some of these comments are lol. Its not even constructive criticism. A lot of pvpers have this mentality though. They think because they act on a small scale in independent fights, that it somehow takes more skill. Theres zero logic to that thought pattern but then again they arn’t logic. Funny enough, most of them are actually terrible at pvp and dueling. Most of the people who are in gvg guilds, however, do pvp and duel a lot.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Phosphia.7813

Just curious what aspects of the WvW progressionis taken advantage of in the WvW GvG? I would think you’d deliberately want to avoid stat buffs and the like. Is siege being used? I guess you have the raicial skills , but other than that I am having hard time picturing what WvW specific this particular flavor of GvG is taking advantage of (not including team sizes because at this point we don’t even know for sure what sort of team sizes HoT might support).

If you know absolutely nothing about it I probably couldn’t tell you exactly what it is in just this post. But for the very basics, the gear customization is a lot broader in WvW than in PvP and you have food buffs.

And no, there are no NPCs, or seige involved. It’s an open field fight.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Crise.9401

If you know absolutely nothing about it I probably couldn’t tell you exactly what it is in just this post. But for the very basics, the gear customization is a lot broader in WvW than in PvP and you have food buffs.

Oh right, separate accessory slots and jewels, mixing and matching runes (though that one doesn’t seem too viable tbh) etc. As well as some unique stat sets I guess, I rarely change them so I forgot there is a distinct difference between PvP and other game types in that regard.

Sadly if those are the defining characteristics of GvG in WvW, I honestly don’t see how ArenaNet could support it any better (at least not inside WvW or sPvP frameworks) It would have to be a PvE instance with PvP enabled (which they no doubt could do) to avoid all the problems doing those bouts in WvW has right now, however, it would also need an entirely separate matchmaking and ranking systems because it couldn’t take advantage of sPvP’s in all likelihood.

(edited by Crise.9401)

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

To be fair the “gvg” that happens in WvW is a joke.

Gw1 veterans have been waiting for a true GvG…. (which was not some sad 20v20 deathmatch.)

This new pvp gametype “Stronghold” is basically a Gw1 GvG map…… but it is not limited to Guild v Guild….. which is why it is not a true GvG.

Many argue that the same type of GvG that existed in GW1 can’t exist in GW2, and that is why this stronghold map has been put into existence.
…but at best it is a pseudo-gvg… and I would love to see actual GvG implemented.

As it sits right now…. Stronghold is just a new pvp mode where you can compete with other guilds…… but you can bring your guild into PvP right now and do a match on the map Legacy of the Foefire…. against another team made up of an enemy Guild.

It is basically just another pvp map with different win/loss mechanics.

Guilds have always been able to fight against eachother in PvP…. and unless this new game mode has a dramatic player size increase….. its just going to be ‘another pvp map.’

TL;DR
Stronghold isn’t GvG.
Neither is it the way GW1 veterans want GvG, nor is it the way the Gw2 “WvW-based GvG” players GvG. It is just another pvp mode.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Phosphia.7813

Oh right, separate accessory slots and jewels, mixing and matching runes (though that one doesn’t seem too viable tbh) etc. As well as some unique stat sets I guess, I rarely change them so I forgot there is a distinct difference between PvP and other game types in that regard.

If you’re not used to GvGs, looking at one might seem very overwhelming. Go look up some, you might find it interesting. Try to see it from the POV of different classes.

(edited by Phosphia.7813)

Stronghold isnt GvG

Crise.9401

This new pvp gametype “Stronghold” is basically a Gw1 GvG map…… but it is not limited to Guild v Guild….. which is why it is not a true GvG.

Are you saying that because the teams don’t necessarily have to be guild teams it is not true GvG? (It is hard to say if the restriction is in there or not just from the stream tbh). Or are you saying it is not true GvG because of the new mechanics?

If these are your reasons, then all you are really saying is that any sort of iteration or future development of the GvG formula is bad, basically you are against all progress at this point and just want a carbon copy of GW1 GvG. You have every right to want such a thing, but then you shouldn’t be surprised if a company that thrives on iteration and innovation as their motto does not deliver the GvG you are looking for.

Either way this is the worst stance I have seen thus far, there is no such thing as a perfect game or a game that could not be better. Not to mention you are judging without even playing Stronghold, or having all the information for that matter.

All that seems to be missing from Stronghold to me is the fact that the map is not necessarily in the same way personal to your guild as it could be, however, without knowing exactly what kind of Guild Halls are in HoT there might be a solid reason for this.

(edited by Crise.9401)

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

It sounds like GW1 GvG to me. Push into the enemy stronghold (or as it was in GW1, their guild hall/invading team’s forward command/ship), and push to kill the guild lord.

OP sounds like you have never done GvG because it wasn’t a death match it was pushing to kill the other guild’s guild lord in the guild hall map.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Are you saying that because the teams don’t necessarily have to be guild teams it is not true GvG? (It is hard to say if the restriction is in there or not just from the stream tbh). Or are you saying it is not true GvG because of the new mechanics?

If these are your reasons, then all you are really saying is that any sort of iteration or future development of the GvG formula is bad, basically you are against all progress at this point and just want a carbon copy of GW1 GvG. You have every right to want such a thing, but then you shouldn’t be surprised if a company that thrives on iteration and innovation as their motto does not deliver the GvG you are looking for.

Either way this is the worst stance I have seen thus far, there is no such thing as a perfect game or a game that could not be better. Not to mention you are judging without even playing stronghold.

Thanks for not even reading the rest of my post.

But I’ll re-iterate.

The way the new pvp mode is advertised has led many to believe they are “adding gvg” which is not the case.

In the game….. (right now…. at this very moment) Guilds can compete in "GvG’ in a similar manner to the way that they will compete in the new stronghold pvp mode.

If you do a pvp match with a team of 5 players in one guild versus a team of 5 players in another guild….. that is not GvG…. that is just regular spvp.

If you do a stronghold match with a team of 5 (or more) players in one guild versus a team of 5 (or more) players in another guild….. that is not GvG…. that is stronghold.

Just because guilds can form teams for the new pvp mode….. does not make it GvG.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Phosphia.7813

semantics is fun

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Stronghold is Stronghold and GvG is GvG.

Arenanet never claimed otherwise, so what’s there to say, really?
It’s not like they came out and said THIS IS GVG! Because they didn’t. They said this is something for people who want to see who the best guild is. (In this specific format)

GvG is a player organised thing. And I have a suspicion it will be like that for a while. I think Arenanet also said they weren’t going to put in a GvG in the way the players wanted it to be either so, yeah.

(If you want to be technical, both “modes” are Guild versus Guild. No matter how you claim it not to be, it’s Part of a Guild vs Part of a Guild in either mode. But as for a practical matter let’s just stick to GvG and Stronghold (and conquest))

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Stronghold isnt GvG

Crise.9401

Thanks for not even reading the rest of my post.

I did, but you really do not elaborate at all, mechanically Stronghold seems extremely close to GvG in GW1, with possible cosmetic differences ie. the lack of it being your Guilds home turf f.ex (which no matter how you spin it is just cosmetic flavor) and some added mechanics.

Discussion on team sizes is moot until we have more information. We don’t even know how the guild rankings will work at this point.

(edited by Crise.9401)

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: kybraga.7103

kybraga.7103

Out of honesty. There isn’t GvG but they did it in a way. However, one of the guilds would have to own the server and set it up. So basicly we’ve had GvG the whole time.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

just my opinion, but guilds in gw2 have much more players than 5. So, calling a 5v5 fight mode a GvG i cant feel it, you wont be the best guild in GW2 leaderboard, you will just be the best party in the game.
Thats why i’d prefer what everyone is asking, an arena deathmatch in 15+ players for each guild, that would be the only way you can call a Guild Leaderboard. Else, is just another PvP where the big group work that Arenanet is aiming to wont exist. Matching for a 15v15 or more like 20v20 rlly makes the guild working as group, and that would be wonderfull.

That’s assuming Guild teams in Stronghold is restricted to 5v5. If they stay true to GW1’s GvG, it’ll be more than 5v5.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Of gvg1, sure. But that’s not the massive GvG scene that we have in GW2.

What makes you think it’s more massive than the GvG scene of GW1? (i’m also interested in use of the word “massive” when applied to what in reality is a tiny community).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

semantics is fun

yah because no one knows what GvG is supposed to be…. some think its a 20v20 deathmatch

some think to win in GvG you have to siege a keep and kill a lord.

I like gw 1 style gvg and Stronghold is closest to that.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: rpfohr.7048

rpfohr.7048

In GW1 GvG was NOT a deathmatch but an assult on an enemy keep with a guild lord.

Thats Stronghold. We got GvG.

You want Deathmatch? That’s fine but thats not GvG. Thats Deathmatch.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: McMarc.1276

McMarc.1276

this will be GVG!

I never called anyone ignorant because they like a different style of gvg. I think people are incredibly ignorant when they think that tdm takes no skill and is just a zergfest. Just read the comments. The two modes take skill in different ways.

If you want proof that gw2 deathmatch has been the most requested, then go search the forum for posts talking about gvg’s and I guarantee you that the majority will be about gw2 gvg which is a tdm match.

GvG isn’t really unbalanced because the gear people have is practically all on the same level. I mean your comment is a perfect example of the ignorance im talking about. You have no exposure whatsoever to the gvg community in gw2 and don’t want to be open minded into looking at it, and so you write stupid comments like this. You write things like its unbalanced because of gear and what not LOL.

It’s always hard talking to people like you, so I wont try harder now. Just accept that your oppinion is definatly not the one shared by the community (as you can see while reading the answers on this forums, well, I’m trying again, forget it, you’re right boy).

Marc Geht Steil / Honorable Marc / Mc Marc
Just call me Marc :3
Gatekeepers Of Desolation [GoD]

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

Don’t you think it’s a funny thing that the game is named “Guild Wars” and the Guilds will only battle themselves 2 years later and have to buy a exp pack for it.

I’m sick of seeing this come up, Guild wars was the name due to the story, nothing else.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Dear Hammertrain heroes,

You may say that your zerg clashes I sometimes see wasting the map space or interrupting people duelling in OS is “something the players want”.

But I can asure you that once the new mode comes out and OFFICIAL GUILD TEAMS LADDERBOARDS are on, nobody will give a crap about how hard you smash in some WvW map corner.

Once something becomes official and ranked among all guilds… Don’t deny it.

Just think of Warcraft and what happened to Southshore PvP once Battlegrounds made it into the game.
Hint: It died in one day.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: dartmor.3714

dartmor.3714

I would enjoy if Stronghold will be a WvW for just two guilds in lesser scale. In any other case i doubt if will be interesting.

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

That’s assuming Guild teams in Stronghold is restricted to 5v5. If they stay true to GW1’s GvG, it’ll be more than 5v5.

To be fair it was 8v8 and that is most likely because the game was balanced around 8v8, just like this game is balanced around 5v5.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Wow look at the amount of point capping heroes desperately hating on gvg without ever knowing what its like to fight to the death with perfect group synergy and synchronization between 20 people.. along with the extensive theorycrafting that takes into account all the builds across the entire team.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Stronghold isnt GvG

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

Wow look at the amount of point capping heroes desperately hating on gvg without ever knowing what its like to fight to the death with perfect group synergy and synchronization between 20 people.. along with the extensive theorycrafting that takes into account all the builds across the entire team.

Translation : stand on 1 spot and follow a tag.

I didn’t play gw1 nor do i participate in this Zerg clashing (Oh come on that’s what it is. Theres no real skill involved.)

To be fair though people are constantly saying “Stronghold isn’t GvG” When clearly it IS to the people who have played guild wars from the start. Your just the new kids proclaiming this zerg clash is “GvG” When it’s quite clearly not.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]