[Suggestion] AoE auto loot automatically

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: HugoCosta.6735

HugoCosta.6735

Hello everyone!

We should have an option that you could choose enable or not AoE auto loot automatically without the needed to press any key for it , something that you only mind in kill the mob and nothing more, knowing that all the loot are being collected automatically.

Play as a staff guardian in a very large event with a lot of mobs like we had in the Scarlet is a pain, spamming auto attack like a boss and the same time spamming the AoE loot.

Obs: Please, I’m sorry for my poor english grammar.

Posted by: Librascythe.3152

Librascythe.3152

There is an Area of Effect loot, which u hit a button a loot all within range, along with the autoloot (loot goes right into ur backpack) it works fine, to turn them on go onto options from the menu it is the first tab options near middle

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

I would love auto loot to automatically loot an area for me.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

don’t they have it

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Dont see how its hard to spam 2 buttons

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

If they make when you auto loot the item when the kill the enemey before even appears it on the ground, it may help the server load in WvW where 100 ppl spamming loot button during haevy fight.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Yes please, with auto-loot i need a button for auto-play so i can sit an watch the game like a movie.

The if a button for Autolooting the area, this function would be redundant and also bad for the load in the server.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Posted by: Pyrolakeco.4387

Pyrolakeco.4387

would be even better if you had somebody go around a clean our bags up for us. i am to busy fighting to worry about these things. they could kindly just mail the loot to me.

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

If they make when you auto loot the item when the kill the enemey before even appears it on the ground, it may help the server load in WvW where 100 ppl spamming loot button during haevy fight.

True WvW players die with a hundred loot bags and chests surrounding them.

Needless to say, I need that!

Posted by: Regh.8649

Regh.8649

That was…. Heroic!

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

I just wonder how many things of worth all players have left on the ground because they were actively playing the game and forgot to spam loot the entire 10 minutes of an event or during a huge WvW battle, etc.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I agree that any opportunity to avoid spamming the aoe loot key repeatedly when you are in combat will reduce serve load and save your fingers.

What is the purpose of making it hard to pick up the loot? It sure isn’t an unbalancing function.. And for those who want “immersion,” stick with the original button.

OP, Did you also notice there are occasions where it is still necessary tonuse your interact button to get loot, like in chests?

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I’m tired of this whole “pressing buttons to activate skills” thing. Can we just have auto buttonsmash please? Just, like, automate smashing 1,2,3,4,5 all the time when Im in range of an enemy.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I’m tired of this whole “pressing buttons to activate skills” thing. Can we just have auto buttonsmash please? Just, like, automate smashing 1,2,3,4,5 all the time when Im in range of an enemy.

You notice how skill 1 has autoattack on it, so you can pick and let it fire instead of having to do 111111, right?

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

You notice how skill 1 has autoattack on it, so you can pick and let it fire instead of having to do 111111, right?

Yes I know.

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

they will never do this and they shouldn’t and there is 1 for simple explanation bots

auto loot will make bot farming ridiculously easy

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

they will never do this and they shouldn’t and there is 1 for simple explanation bots

yes, because people able to programm bots are completely over their heads when it comes to inserting “activate area-loot key every 0,y seconds” into their codes.

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

yes, because people able to programm bots are completely over their heads when it comes to inserting “activate area-loot key every 0,y seconds” into their codes.

true but why make it easier for them?

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

It’s not like it will make any significant difference in botting in the game. However, it will decrease the overall load during all gaming for everyone and remove an annoyance. I wouldn’t even be such an issue if dropped loot were always easy to spot, but depending on the lighting, the effects going out, and the number of players and npcs in the area it’s just not easy to spot drops at all times.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

true but why make it easier for them?

that will probably save them 10 seconds of their lives, you really think that is important enough to even consider it when pondering this feature???

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

i just dislike having to run back for bags after a big wvw fight when something’s being attacked, but, who cares, right?
as long as people think they’re so cool for thinking spamming an aoe loot button is so easy, and it’s the same thing as automating entire gameplay, they’re always right, because they’re just SO SUPER COOL AND I’M SO JEALOUS THAT THEY KNOW THERE’S NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LOOTING AND PLAYING THE GAME

just add an “inject loot to bags” button if inventory has space, nobody on a real playing level wants to waste time picking up stuff when things are happening in-game

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I happen to be pleased with the current system, but I’d still like to see some of these improvements.

• WvW loot drops at your feet, regardless of where the foe is. PvE looting does not.
  • AoE auto-loot range is not as far as ranged attacks can hit, so in PvE, you might not be close enough to loot a target that you kill (never mind one that runs off and dies due to conditions).
  • By definition, “auto-loot” would mean that loot moves into inventory automatically. Instead, we have to ‘interact’ to grab loot. (As compared to say Diablo where just walking near loot is enough to pick it up.)

tl;dr good system, sure; still room to be improved.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Phoenix.5047

Phoenix.5047

I’m definitely on this boat, I’ve been wondering for a long time why we don’t get loot directly into our bags. The whole “pick up from ground” thing is pretty archaic.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

No, but picture this scenario: you are in wvw/eotm during a zerg fight, there are downed people everywhere, both allies and enemies, and maybe some herbs to be gathered. Now, what happens when you press the F key to loot all while moving? Do you think it’s maybe possible to get run past a downed player or another interactive object and have the option to interact with it immediately supercede the loot all option? And there you are, reviving or stomping or gathering mats when you just wanted to loot and move on to the killing. This happens literally every time in a zerg fight and it’s annoying to no end.

Please put in an option to automatically autoloot everything in range to inventory without human interaction (an option that can be disabled, ofc). Or, even better, simply directly put all loot in inventory (and if inventory is full, then let it on the ground to be picked up later)! Maybe only in wvw, where this is truly an issue when you die with loot bags and chests near you which will be gone when you return…

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

No, but picture this scenario: you are in wvw/eotm during a zerg fight, there are downed people everywhere, both allies and enemies, and maybe some herbs to be gathered. Now, what happens when you press the F key to loot all while moving? Do you think it’s maybe possible to get run past a downed player or another interactive object and have the option to interact with it immediately supercede the loot all option? And there you are, reviving or stomping or gathering mats when you just wanted to loot and move on to the killing. This happens literally every time in a zerg fight and it’s annoying to no end.

Either bind AoE loot to a different key, or put AoE loot as F and bind Interact to a different key. It’s not difficult.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Either bind AoE loot to a different key, or put AoE loot as F and bind Interact to a different key. It’s not difficult.

It kinda is when every other key in that region is bound to something. Ofc this is not a major issue, but it would be a great QoL improvement.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

The idea of loot automatically entering your inventory as long as it’s not full seems like a convenient idea, but the only big problem I can think of is…well…I can’t really think of a problem this would cause for gameplay.

When the “Interact” key is used for so many things, it can get a bit troublesome in the middle of battle to be picking up loot at the same time you’re interacting with other things.

I’ve been playing engineer recently and have been mixing things up picking up my turrets when I meant to pick up loot and vice versa.

Also in WvW you get people not releasing to spawn when they really really should to get back in the action to help their server because they’re hoping for a slim chance they’ll get ressed and be able to pick up loot bags laying around them.

(edited by Mo Mo.1947)

Posted by: Latinkuro.9615

Latinkuro.9615

why not attach the automatic loot command to the minis.
it would give me reason to actually have one on me at all times.
and it would make these useless things actually useful.

other games have done this before and it works great.

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

That was…. Heroic!

I hate when that happens. Because usually it’s because we are in the middle of an enemy zerg and i can’t get those hundreds of bagssssss…

Autoloot won’t mean you get your loot once you are killed. That hundreds of bags will still be there looking at you with sad eyes…

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Posted by: nesh.7234

nesh.7234

“F” + auto loot option is nice but I don’t see any reason to not have automatic option (maybe only while alive tho). I can understand not using that in the game where loot is not personalized but here its just QoL thing.

EU / Aurora Glade

Posted by: rgraze.5169

rgraze.5169

Auto loot doesnt seem very auto to me i still have to hit a key.