Tangled Depths Meta is a ghost town

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Cathbadb.6079

Cathbadb.6079

I’m currently in a 450+ member guild and a few nights ago we tried to do the Meta in TD. We were close to beating the Grent Chak, when the other two lanes failed and so the entire event failed.
Personally I think the lanes should be independent of one another. If one fails, the others can still be completed.
I think Anet build the Meta this way to encourage players to work together to accomplish a task, but it’s simply not working.
Perhaps a restructuring is in order?
People can pick which lane they want to do, do it enough times successfully and then once they have gotten it down, all three can be completed for an even bigger reward.
As it sits though players get kitten if one lane can’t make it work.
So people simply don’t bother anymore.
It was a good idea but it fails to take into account peoples sense of cost vs benefit when it comes to doing anything in life.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I think Anet build the Meta this way to encourage players to work together to accomplish a task, but it’s simply not working.
Perhaps a restructuring is in order?.

It’s OPEN WORLD CONTENT, this sort of mechanic has no place here, it belongs in instances where players can be expected to be happy being dictated to by ‘leaders’ what to do and where to stand.

It can never work on any reliable basis because it’s the antithesis of what open world content should be and is expected to be by most players, ESPECIALLY in a game like GW2 whose success is, I would suggest, largely based on it NOT being a 1990s group-or-die playstyle with respect to character progression!

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

So Anet are we going to get an update on this Meta or, are we in for more weeks of silence now, I must be approaching about 30 – 0 on this meta now, with both random pug maps and organised maps via TS3, and still nothing, the meta now seems to be whether the nodules will spawn or not, allowing them to get the boss to respawn,

I cant believe we have been a month and no one from Anet has responded, I guess its time to move this over to reddit where Anet pay attention to what people are saying.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Organized communities are doing it, but its very hard to get in as taxis fills up so fast. One could stay in a map the full 1 2 hrs till meta starts and hope itll be an organized map, but the chances r so slim with the amount of map ips we got. It’s also frustrating to see all our map contribution % goes away when forced to change maps.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

The only thing wrong with tangled depths is the reward structure, you get way to few ley line crystals for whatever you do in the map, and the chests are a pain to farm.

Also ley line spark droprate is beyond rediculous compared to the other ascended mats from the expansion.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Luac Agwayen.6419

Luac Agwayen.6419

I totally agree, the Meta Event in TD needs a serious workover. I have not seeing it being successful one time sadly. Compared to the other Metas it is really a very frustrating thing to do. Also i think that at some locations the numbers of mobs is a bit to high. You hardly have sometimes the chance to check where you are to not get lost, but then you are overrun by mobs if you even dare to open the map. From what i see, hear, and read TD is the most unliked Map of HoT. Sad that is.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I like the map but there are mainly two issues:

- convoluted and complex
- hardest meta event

It is fine to have one of those factors but not both. One thing though, the place where the meta happens is rather clear, but most people first don’t even know where it is and how to get there in the first place.

I am pretty sure they will lower the difficulty be cause the metrics (people in map, successfully completed meta in % of tries) must be horrible

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

Over the past few days, every night I’ve run the 5:30, 7:30, and 9:30 (EST) Tangled Depths. We ALWAYS get a full map if we are taxiing. In fact, we didn’t even taxi at the 9:30 one yesterday in fear of too many people overscaling (Keep in mind these are all PUGs).While in the times I have been there, I have not beaten it (Got REALLY close in attempt though- 3% on last boss). However, the main person who is organizing it has seen a victory with a PUG. Not sure why you guys are not seeing anyone in the maps :o Just gotta open up LFG, taxis start about 50 minutes before the event starts.

Posted by: dwilkin.4186

dwilkin.4186

TD meta in its current status is what teq and all the other world bosses in tyria were like before mega servers. forget even doing teq unless you were in a TTS server. my first teq success was after the mega servers were formed. and for the world bosses, they did get done at least in yaks bend server every night, but you had to meet up with Legendary Weapons meta train in Southsun for karka 15 till reset and follow his meta train through all the maps. otherwise world bosses were abandoned and never got done. as far as anet responses to everyone’s complaints, save your breath cause i don’t see Gerent meta getting adjusted for a minimum 1 – 1 1/2 years. everyone not in a tts server had to wait 2 years to finally do teq and most other players not in a meta train would feel the same wait for world bosses.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The main problem with the Tangled Depths meta isn’t the difficulty but that it is harder than the Dragon’s Stand meta (which can be even considered “easy”) while it provides less rewards for the time required. So most people who found out about Dragon’s Stand, already moved to Dragon’s Stand and don’t care about TD anymore.

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

The solution is for Anet to up the rewards and modify the difficulty so that it is on par with the other 3 Meta events. It is silly that killing an Elder Dragon is extremely easy and yet killing some large Chak is very difficult. Maybe the Chak should strive for world domination. They are obviously the most powerful species in the world.

This is the thing that bugs me a bit too. Another example:

1. I kill Zhaitan & Mordremoth = get two greens and a blue. (ok, its not that bad, but still).

2. I kill raid bosses that ARE NOT as powerful or dangerous as Elder Dragons, they are not even Elder Dragons Champions = I get Legendary Armor (or stuff towards it at least).

Logically, killing an Elder Dragon should give the best loot in the game.

Totally agree!

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Not sure why you guys are not seeing anyone in the maps

Too funny. I think you answered that question with your next sentence.

Just gotta open up LFG, taxis start about 50 minutes before the event starts.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The solution is for Anet to up the rewards and modify the difficulty so that it is on par with the other 3 Meta events. It is silly that killing an Elder Dragon is extremely easy and yet killing some large Chak is very difficult. Maybe the Chak should strive for world domination. They are obviously the most powerful species in the world.

1. I kill Zhaitan & Mordremoth = get two greens and a blue. (ok, its not that bad, but still).

2. I kill raid bosses that ARE NOT as powerful or dangerous as Elder Dragons, they are not even Elder Dragons Champions = I get Legendary Armor (or stuff towards it at least).

Totally agree!

Can you imagine the RAGE if they made Mordremoth and Zhaitan raid bosses so they were indeed the hardest boss in the game?

Posted by: Nekomi.9562

Nekomi.9562

I can confirm [LUCK] will be taking back to TD daily META this coming Saturday and Sunday then throughout the week from Monday – Tuesday and Thursday – Friday.

What does this mean you ask!?

It means if you need TD META complete for any rhyme or reason you know who to turn to for the META kills.

~Deadly Cuddles

If there is evil in this world… It lurks in the hearts of men.

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Totally agree!

Can you imagine the RAGE if they made Mordremoth and Zhaitan raid bosses so they were indeed the hardest boss in the game?

Kinda more like a lore thing … them being harder would make sense …. and yeah you right, haters gotta hate… yet I like the sense of saving the world thing… like giving a real reward like and ascended gear for killing it the first time only… been done before when finishing the story and all…. but this is getting offtopic

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

ZachAttack.3957

Not sure why you guys are not seeing anyone in the maps

Too funny. I think you answered that question with your next sentence.

Just gotta open up LFG, taxis start about 50 minutes before the event starts.

Lol the map doesn’t even fill for half an hour. And if the maps are full, that means that there are people, no? So TD is not a ghost town? Hence, my point still stands. You proved nothing, just that maps full quickly, which is hardly a ghost town.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

And when they’re full, and the event is in full swing, all other maps are ghost towns. People see ghost towns because they didn’t synchronize their watches before logging on, and didn’t arrive in the window that leads to full maps.

ZachAttack.3957

And when they’re full, and the event is in full swing, all other maps are ghost towns. People see ghost towns because they didn’t synchronize their watches before logging on, and didn’t arrive in the window that leads to full maps.

Basically this. Although if you were to pop a tag and start running events you might be surprised about the amount of people that are actually in the map versus how many people you think are in the map.