in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

begone forum bug

Tangled Depths, empty servers

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Tangled Depths can definitely be confusing. One of my gripes is that events don’t indicate whether they are above or below you. Despite that, the map is really growing on me. I just wish there were people actually trying to do the meta event, but other events are easier and have better rewards or simply don’t fail as easily.

I’m no expert on getting around the map, but if somebody needs help getting somewhere, I’m happy to try.

A couple of weeks ago, I was in TD when someone who was tagged up called for help on some mob that was seemingly part of the meta. No directions, just “come help kill this thing”. When I asked for directions he wrote: “At the Teku Nuhoch Waypoint go left”.

Yup. “Left”.

Not North, South, East, or West…up or down…but “left”.

Slow clap.

And that was when I could find someone actually trying to do the meta.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It may be difficult to find many people who are doing the meta unless you use the LFG to ferry people onto a specific instance. They still haven’t resolved the megaserver issue and we have people spread relatively thinly across many instances.

Posted by: Boingo.5264

Boingo.5264

I love so much about this game, before and after HoT, but I just can’t stand this particular map. The sad thing is that I’m a map explorer at heart… but this map. [To me] TD isn’t as challenging as it is annoying.

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

The reason why I stopped playing GW1 was Kaineng. Man, I hated that city layout from the core of my heart. Dead Ends, another catacomb, and another path and again a twist and it never ended. For me this was the worst map design I have ever encountered in any game.

But now it is rivaled. TD is such a nightmare for me. I only use waypoints and nuhoch wallows. Which means I will never achieve 100% completion of the map at all. And frankly I don’t care. I stopped forcing myself to do things I dislike but don’t require long ago. Much better way of living.

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

It was a nightmare for me at first, but once i learned the nuhoch wallows locations, this map is a breeze for me now. You can go to almost every area in the map with just a couple mins of walking and a couple wallows.

And yes, survival build is much more important in HoT maps than in tyria. Bring some condi cleanse and stun breaker. Aside from chak gerent event, none of the events require you to trait full dps to finish.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

You get used to it, I know more or less where to go and where the events are now. Takes 20-30h though…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Prime Greek.1092

Prime Greek.1092

As i have said before. The majority of player in GW2 are casual players. they want to log in, have great fun for an hour or two. Make tons of gold. Get a few Precursor drops and leave.

Anything Challenging becomes a chore or work and thats not what people want after a hard days work. More work, NO !

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Had a delightful time this morning running around the empty Tangled Depths map trying to navigate though the four depth layers (we all know there are actually more than four it’s just someone was too lazy to make the extra layers selectable in the HUD) I have had nothing but praise for HoT but the PvE side of the game has truly gone to kitten. I wonder what it must be like to be on the dev team after having spent so many hours in dev in test to now go to these empty maps and see the bones of the caucus of the game you made. It’s flesh devoured during launch week and now not much left for the casual types coming back. Let me be explicit. For “The Way In” I spent ~2 hours just trying to run the map to find the accurate depth level for the next marker, constantly getting mobbed due to wrong turns. Is this what you intended for us ArenaNet? Is this your idea of fun? At this point the PvE side of your game is chore. As I progress further and further into the story the more disappointed I get at the failure of the writers to tickle the imagination. I honestly believe I could have written a better story. Why am I pushing on? Same reason I did all the story mode dungeons in order with my personal story in core game. It’s an OCD thing. I don’t think I can pass final judgement until I’ve seen it all and I hear Dragon Stand is something ANet got very right. So there is that one thing to look forward to. Sadly every time I sign in I feel like the game itself is like a job, the fun is dried up for me. Hope it returns after I get past the next few chapters.

The community in this game carries the weight, but I do have to offer gold to get help. Once I do I get a lot of sympathy. EVERYONE is upset to some degree over how horribly the design accommodates few players or players hording up in select map locations. IMO this should have been core stuff you worked out ANet.

During launch week taking the same trip from story mission stat to proper marker would have probably taken 10-minutes tops because the player base with the same goals were there. Players had incentive to play together and players were taking care of the mobs that will take you down quickly.

This is the price one pays for having to play during off hour times and after the launch herd. Zero respect guys.

I hate TD as well – it is incredibly convoluted and honestly a mess of a map. The only reason i haven’t spammed the forums with constant complaints is that I got it done early by sticking to a completion train and have kept far away from it ever since.

I can only imagine how horrid it must be with not a lot of players around.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Dunno you guys, but is my fav map, in close competition with AB.
I like because is difficult to navigate, i dont like plain maps where if you want to go to a place you just run towards the general direciotn of you destination and basically you are there.
To appreciate TD you have learn TD, and is not even that hard. it’s all based around the Ley Line Confluence and you just have to learn the entrance of the specific sub areas in the lanes. It’s a beautiful map both in the layout and in the colors, insidious if you are not caring enough.
I’m a bit disappointed in the Gerent “fix” (now is totally puggable and with squads of 12-13 peps per lane): don’t get me wrong, I agree it was needed since was way out of line confronted to VB or AB (which do fail too) and the map is still the slowest to give his currencty/ascended material, but it was fun to organize
Well, now i’m enjoying teaching pugs :P and actually i’ll have more chance to get that Chack Egg Sack

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s kittening awesome! You guys never played Metroidvania games? Or Zelda dungeons?

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

since the last patch and nerf to the gerent meta the population of td has grown significantly.

Posted by: Eypheha.5831

Eypheha.5831

I’ve noticed the empty maps. Mostly I simply sigh in disdain as I port somewhere else to find an area a bit more populated rather than sit in LFG paging through cries for help. I blame the megaserver implementation for most of the problem. It’s a great idea with poor implementation. As a player you have no idea of the number of people on your map instance, the number of map instances ‘up and available’ or their respective populations. Wouldn’t that be nice to be able to see? Yet Anet has decided that this would be too liable for manipulation to allow players to have. So instead we get to use this lame excuse for inter-server movement called "LFG’ with the only idea we have of our destination being there is at least ONE person on the other end. Sad…

(edited by Eypheha.5831)