The Chak Gerent is just fine

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I wouldn’t say it’s just fine.

It’s certainly better than before. But could still use some adjustments.

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

I’ve killed it 7 times since the patch, it is much easier now. Happy?

I still fail every time, even had trouble with finding a map, I asked 20+ ppl and none of them have a 50%+ success rate. Happy?

It sounds like you’re annoyed because the event is more than a faceroll. Maybe try in a few weeks when more people learn the mechanics I guess if you get annoyed so easily. It took me about 30 tries before I got on a good map. I don’t know what else to tell you? It is easier now that they have fixed the nodules.

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

The worst thing of this meta is that you can’t fail any phase,

In Teq it allows you to make mistakes. You can let the bone wall spawn, you can let some of the turrets gone, you can miss a boat/hill team, or you can even fail a battery phase. As long as you don’t make too many mistakes and be able to kill it in 15 mins, it’s fine. Even TT only require you to kill the heads in certain time with many mechanics. But in this meta, no, if any of the 4 lanes fail once=game over.

RustyMech.9876

The worst thing of this meta is that you can’t fail any phase,

In Teq it allows you to make mistakes. You can let the bone wall spawn, you can let some of the turrets gone, you can miss a boat/hill team, or you can even fail a battery phase. As long as you don’t make too many mistakes and be able to kill it in 15 mins, it’s fine. Even TT only require you to kill the heads in certain time with many mechanics. But in this meta, no, if any of the 4 lanes fail once=game over.

It could be worse, the turrets could die as soon as one of the chak makes it there. They should add a challenge mote for that.

Slowpokeking.8720

It sounds like you’re annoyed because the event is more than a faceroll. Maybe try in a few weeks when more people learn the mechanics I guess if you get annoyed so easily. It took me about 30 tries before I got on a good map. I don’t know what else to tell you? It is easier now that they have fixed the nodules.

What do you mean faceroll? A meta event with higher than 20% successful rate is faceroll?

Even you said it took you 30 tries, which most of the pugs won’t be able to endure. The worse thing about open meta is, unless you go with a certain big guild, you will never know how next map is even after 100 tries. You can’t know or decide they are experienced or not. That’s why people are abandoning it, that’s why open world meta shouldn’t be too hard.

Actually, many many many people are still doing the “faceroll” meta, and the hard content like TT became ghost town a lot of the times. You don’t ask too much for open world meta, it’s meant to let people work together, not to drive them away.

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

I’m pretty sure TT is done at least once daily. Yesterday when I did TT there were 2 maps doing it at the same time. That’s only at that time of the day, there were probably other attempts at other times.

If TD becomes like TT it would be very easy to get a kill for anyone who bothers to learn when a map is being organized.

However, maybe attaching King of the Jungle to the meta of TD was not a good idea. Maybe it should have been a separate event chain. Chak Crown could have been the meta boss fight, with changes to make it more like a boss.

RustyMech.9876

What do you mean faceroll? A meta event with higher than 20% successful rate is faceroll?

Even you said it took you 30 tries, which most of the pugs won’t be able to endure. The worse thing about open meta is, unless you go with a certain big guild, you will never know how next map is even after 100 tries. You can’t know or decide they are experienced or not. That’s why people are abandoning it, that’s why open world meta shouldn’t be too hard.

Actually, many many many people are still doing the “faceroll” meta, and the hard content like TT became ghost town a lot of the times. You don’t ask too much for open world meta, it’s meant to let people work together, not to drive them away.

Teq was “difficult” when it was first released too. People learned what to do, and it has become easy. Gerent will be the same way, if you can’t understand that I don’t know what to tell you. TT is more difficult then KotJ, not sure why you even brought that up.

Slowpokeking.8720

Teq was “difficult” when it was first released too. People learned what to do, and it has become easy. Gerent will be the same way, if you can’t understand that I don’t know what to tell you. TT is more difficult then KotJ, not sure why you even brought that up.

And it is not what happened with TD, people are giving up on it already. It’s more like the case of TT and even TT doesn’t have such harsh mech on failure.

Slowpokeking.8720

I’m pretty sure TT is done at least once daily. Yesterday when I did TT there were 2 maps doing it at the same time. That’s only at that time of the day, there were probably other attempts at other times.

If TD becomes like TT it would be very easy to get a kill for anyone who bothers to learn when a map is being organized.

However, maybe attaching King of the Jungle to the meta of TD was not a good idea. Maybe it should have been a separate event chain. Chak Crown could have been the meta boss fight, with changes to make it more like a boss.

After the xpc, yeah there are more TT groups but still minor compare to other meta. Before that it has been a ghost town for a long while, I tried for months to get a group which can do it and it was TTS.

RustyMech.9876

And it is not what happened with TD, people are giving up on it already. It’s more like the case of TT and even TT doesn’t have such harsh mech on failure.

So you want it to be even easier to attract people? That’s what you are saying.

Slowpokeking.8720

So you want it to be even easier to attract people? That’s what you are saying.

Yes, right now more people are doing TT because of the xpc, new spec+new runes. Before that in 2014 I’ve tried for months and nobody was bothering to do it other than big guilds. This is what could happen to TD soon, when new contents keep coming out.

Slowpokeking.8720

Sure, right now plenty of people are still trying it. But they fail most of the times. It’s not like thing will surely go to the better way. Remember most of the people are not going to keep trying, they will stop when they found it’s too hard and there are better things to do in and outside the game, or leave after they beat it once and got what they want.

Not to say unlike Teq or TT, there weren’t really much mechanics to learn in the TD Meta, most of the stuff are already clear after 1 month. It’s mostly a DPS race+some really hard mech. You can still fail easily even if you know it well, and how are you gonna make sure the group are experienced?

RustyMech.9876

I don’t see why nerfing the event would be better for the game, but okay.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Mechanic is fine.

The LONG timer and the lack of events after Meta completion is not fine.

The numerous bugs in SCAR and Nohouch is unacceptable, making a relatively easy fight becomes harder than necessary.

To people who don’t know, SCAR’s cannon will always break Gerent’s breakbar instantly and making it tougher, WITHOUT making you do bonus damage to him, unlike other paths. There’s no mechanic that enhance the dps against SCAR’s Gerent.
SCAR path also has one of the worst terrain of all 4 lanes, very narrow paths which make you harder to avoid Gerent’s aoes, especially when he charges to an unfavorable location.

Nohouch has bug that prevent sport spawn, which could lead to fail. Otherwise the boss is very easy.

Because of this reason, I now always volunteer to kill SCAR’s Gerent with my Revenant, which has one of the best “mobile” dps in the game, and can survive with whatever Gerent throws at him thanks to numerous on demand defensive skills. Ik people should have no trouble killing other bosses IF SCAR actually do enough damage in phase 1 and phase 2. (Many fail comes from SCAR doing too little damage to the bosses in P1, making other lane harder)

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Slowpokeking.8720

I don’t see why nerfing the event would be better for the game, but okay.

Because it is a meta event for open world, making it easier=more ppl will do it. If you want hard challenge there are raids.

Slowpokeking.8720

Mechanic is fine.

The LONG timer and the lack of events after Meta completion is not fine.

The numerous bugs in SCAR and Nohouch is unacceptable, making a relatively easy fight becomes harder than necessary.

To people who don’t know, SCAR’s cannon will always break Gerent’s breakbar instantly and making it tougher, WITHOUT making you do bonus damage to him, unlike other paths. There’s no mechanic that enhance the dps against SCAR’s Gerent.
SCAR path also has one of the worst terrain of all 4 lanes, very narrow paths which make you harder to avoid Gerent’s aoes, especially when he charges to an unfavorable location.

Nohouch has bug that prevent sport spawn, which could lead to fail. Otherwise the boss is very easy.

No, no, the mech is not fine. The harsh punishment for failure is a big problem. People really get mad when the other lane has failed.

RustyMech.9876

So they should nerf TT too, just because it takes some planning then? You’re funny.

Slowpokeking.8720

So they should nerf TT too, just because it takes some planning then? You’re funny.

Of course while it’s a bit late, it would be good if more ppl will do it. Teq and some other bosses like Claw of Jormag takes some planning as well but people are doing it.

I don’t oppose hard content, but I don’t think open world meta should keep 80% of the people away or let them experience failure most of the time. It’s not like we don’t plan, we plan for hours and it still fails, and usually it was not my lane’s fault, we did totally fine.

Posted by: Defiling Treekiller.1632

Defiling Treekiller.1632

There is no need to nerf this event, the entire rest of the open world game besides TT is doable by zerging 1 without thought. AB is on farm ,DS is on farm, Teq is on farm. If you personally don’t have the time or dedication to do this event , well then don’t. There are guilds that have formed dedicated to doing this and you know what, now that the bugs are fixed we are succeeding with pugs about half the time. You have 5 guild slots so use 1 and join a guild like MASO, MAGI or 1 of the others that have no rep , no requirements and are basically a LFG tool. The real reason this event fails is 1: people refuse to join squads and follow the tags direction and some have taken to hiding in corners of the lanes to avoid being called out on it. 2: Alot of people refuse to run the gear needed, this event does not need heals or tanks it needs conditions applied at max strength and DPS,DPS,DPS oh did I mention you need max damage stats.3:most of the mobs when the Gerent spawns can safely be ignored through movement and damage negation, they are a distraction, a decoy and an obstacle to damaging the only target that is important, the GERENT. When I see lanes fail hard it is usually when half the lane is running around playing games with the chak and not DPSing the boss.4: Food and Utility buffs are needed and your MF , vitality and toughness buffs ain’t gonna cut it here. Step up , buy the right stuff and see how much easier it is. You are going to commit an hour and a half to two hours to this but 60 silver worth of buffs is too much?
This is not a question of the event is too hard for open world , it is a question of are players willing to do what needs to be done to down this thing. The ones who are sticking with it, who fail over and over again and then group together with others to figure out how to do this event even with a bunch of selfish sabotaging leechers present are the ones who will put this on farm because we will problem solve until it is idiot proof. The proof of this is in the last 2 weeks the success rates have jumped and that was before the patch Tuesday and since Tues it has become even better.
Good luck , have fun, stop complaining and problem solve like the evolved simians you are or go load some wood in your ovens and light it up to cook dinner and complain about the smoke in the kitchen with grunts.

Slowpokeking.8720

There is no need to nerf this event, the entire rest of the open world game besides TT is doable by zerging 1 without thought. AB is on farm ,DS is on farm, Teq is on farm. If you personally don’t have the time or dedication to do this event , well then don’t. There are guilds that have formed dedicated to doing this and you know what, now that the bugs are fixed we are succeeding with pugs about half the time. You have 5 guild slots so use 1 and join a guild like MASO, MAGI or 1 of the others that have no rep , no requirements and are basically a LFG tool. The real reason this event fails is 1: people refuse to join squads and follow the tags direction and some have taken to hiding in corners of the lanes to avoid being called out on it. 2: Alot of people refuse to run the gear needed, this event does not need heals or tanks it needs conditions applied at max strength and DPS,DPS,DPS oh did I mention you need max damage stats.3:most of the mobs when the Gerent spawns can safely be ignored through movement and damage negation, they are a distraction, a decoy and an obstacle to damaging the only target that is important, the GERENT. When I see lanes fail hard it is usually when half the lane is running around playing games with the chak and not DPSing the boss.4: Food and Utility buffs are needed and your MF , vitality and toughness buffs ain’t gonna cut it here. Step up , buy the right stuff and see how much easier it is. You are going to commit an hour and a half to two hours to this but 60 silver worth of buffs is too much?
This is not a question of the event is too hard for open world , it is a question of are players willing to do what needs to be done to down this thing. The ones who are sticking with it, who fail over and over again and then group together with others to figure out how to do this event even with a bunch of selfish sabotaging leechers present are the ones who will put this on farm because we will problem solve until it is idiot proof. The proof of this is in the last 2 weeks the success rates have jumped and that was before the patch Tuesday and since Tues it has become even better.
Good luck , have fun, stop complaining and problem solve like the evolved simians you are or go load some wood in your ovens and light it up to cook dinner and complain about the smoke in the kitchen with grunts.

Let me ask, how are you going to know or make sure the players are “good enough” other than join a guild run?

Slowpokeking.8720

I don’t get why some people are still acting like they’ve never tried the meta, at the same time blaming people to “get better”.

My lane got the chak gerent down to near 65% in the first burn, we did everything fine and what happened? One of the lane has failed=GG. What could we have done and how is it our fault? How am I going to know are the other lane’s people good enough or not in the next run? Why should I keep waste time for other people’s mistake?

THIS, THIS is why open meta shouldn’t be too hard, it’s participated by random people mostly and you can’t help decide are they good enough or not.

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

TD Meta is certainly NOT fine!

Maybe for the few who can get onto an organized guild map, but for the rest of us it is a nightmare.

After over 30+ attempts with various so called orga maps and failing i’d rather Anet just gave us the crap that is gated behind that meta and then hit the delete button.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I realize this is a bold statement.

I participated in a TD meta event with the guild TTS.

Nothing bold about what you’re saying at all. You rode the coatails of a large guild known for coordinating big events and they made it look easy for you. Come back to the forums after you ferried random people into a map, tagged up for lane, explained the mechanics to those who probably could care less as they’re going to do what they want anyways, and was able to not only defeat your lane, but prevented your squad from running into other lanes to help, thus scaling the bosses and ultimately leading to a fail.

If you can achieve that you will have a bold statement to make.

And yet the same things were once said about tequatl. TTS was formed precisely because of that event, and they also made that look easy too. And then lo and behold, as people learned the mechanics and started using it on their own without having to be coached, it really was easy.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

All of the map meta’s in HoT are not hard its just that some players do not know the mechanics of the fights. The event depends on the amount of people, time of day and if players listen the people organizing it. Other players want to afk and let people carry them throughout the fight. Midday(3-6pm server time) tends to be the worst time to do any map event not enough people and they do not listen.

The fight is simple main priority is to get Chak grent to emerge some players/lanes still have issues doing this, even after you make it pass phase 1. Kill chak so they do not destroy the cannon. Try not to cc it, otherwise those slowly expanding blue instant death AE will be everywhere and you will have no where to stand. Finally try to take +30% of grent hp each phase.

In that order Get grent to emerge, kill chak and avoid cc. Not as complicated as people think. Its just like Tarir only the map is more difficult to navigate. Some players do not know that the lanes are link by nuhoch wallow to each WP. When they die they wait for a rez.

In comparision:
Tarir: remove layers, dps octovine, cc adds move triggerbloom
TD: get grent to emerge, kill chak, no cc and time dodges

THIS IS VERY COMPLICATED

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: GenoGar.5497

GenoGar.5497

Most of my frustrations with the meta involve random people who don’t join squads and thus overscale the lane, wander around and do nothing, die and sit there expecting people to res them in a purple donut, or cruise by with soldiers + Halloween food (or no food) while spamming all their buttons without caring whether applying fear or weakness to the boss is a good thing.

Only problem is that scaling past 20 people is a tad ridiculous and SCAR lane is always sabotaged by the NPCs, making it disproportionately difficult.

The meta super tightly tuned but completely doable to people with half a mind to pay attention.

But this is a terribly designed event for this game, simply because the mega-server/open world meta is not really a good system. It plays more like an 80-man instanced raid rather than a open world meta event. The fact that you have to taxi people to a random instance that seems good is such a stupid thing to require, I can’t believe this is a thing and no one questions it.

The implications of this is that the “out-group” or people that aren’t taking part of the meta are liabilities, chaff, non-players, etc. It is so kittenty to see that map chat is filled with “IF YOU AREN’T PARTICIPATING IN META, GTFO, JOIN ANOTHER INSTANCE”. You see so much disdain for a random passerby who probably just discovered the map, sees an event, goes into participate, and suddenly 18 people are yelling at them saying “GTFO, NO MORE AT SCAR LANE” without them really realizing what they’re doing.

I have to tell my sister or my friends who casually play “sorry you can’t play this meta” and they ask me “why not? I did Tequatl just fine.” And I just say to them like an elitist kitten that nobody wants you there, you will ruin the event, and aren’t “good enough”.

So TL;DR: the meta itself is great and finely tuned but terribly… terribly designed for open-world. It does not belong in an open-world meta.

Slowpokeking.8720

All of the map meta’s in HoT are not hard its just that some players do not know the mechanics of the fights. The event depends on the amount of people, time of day and if players listen the people organizing it. Other players want to afk and let people carry them throughout the fight. Midday(3-6pm server time) tends to be the worst time to do any map event not enough people and they do not listen.

The fight is simple main priority is to get Chak grent to emerge some players/lanes still have issues doing this, even after you make it pass phase 1. Kill chak so they do not destroy the cannon. Try not to cc it, otherwise those slowly expanding blue instant death AE will be everywhere and you will have no where to stand. Finally try to take +30% of grent hp each phase.

In that order Get grent to emerge, kill chak and avoid cc. Not as complicated as people think. Its just like Tarir only the map is more difficult to navigate. Some players do not know that the lanes are link by nuhoch wallow to each WP. When they die they wait for a rez.

In comparision:

THIS IS VERY COMPLICATED

Actually, this is exactly why it’s a worse design than TT. It doesn’t have much mechanics to know, but these mech are very hard to do it for pugs. So even with the experience of knowing what to do, it’s still hard.

Slowpokeking.8720

And yet the same things were once said about tequatl. TTS was formed precisely because of that event, and they also made that look easy too. And then lo and behold, as people learned the mechanics and started using it on their own without having to be coached, it really was easy.

Why are people comparing it with Teq rather than TT? Obviously it is more similar to TT, which you have to split to different directions and each lane got different mech, you need to kill different mobs in a certain period.

Do we see many people doing TT before the xpc?

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Why are people comparing it with Teq rather than TT? Obviously it is more similar to TT, which you have to split to different directions and each lane got different mech, you need to kill different mobs in a certain period.

Do we see many people doing TT before the xpc?

I compare it to tequatl because I don’t really do Triple Trouble, just doesn’t interest me a whole lot. I have no idea what its status is currently to be honest, but seeing how smoothly without a whole lot of difficulty TD went it seems like an apt comparison considering how much people complained about tequatl when it first came out compared to how easy it is now.

Slowpokeking.8720

I compare it to tequatl because I don’t really do Triple Trouble, just doesn’t interest me a whole lot. I have no idea what its status is currently to be honest, but seeing how smoothly without a whole lot of difficulty TD went it seems like an apt comparison considering how much people complained about tequatl when it first came out compared to how easy it is now.

Well you should try TT then say about how will TD Meta go. Also from what I experience, Teq’s mech has been changed quite a bit as well.

I don’t get why people are saying others just want faceroll zerg. I’ve spent my entire morning on 2 different runs to prepare and both had failed, I was too tired and take a nap and I got kicked out from the map due to afk, this time they made it…But it meant nothing, next hour’s group might suck like the previous ones. This is why I’m against open world meta being difficult.

I don’t think it’s enjoyable at all, if people spend so much time in open world meta, they should be able to do it easily.

Slowpokeking.8720

I’m not against hard content. Some HoT content didn’t please me, but overall they are acceptable, but this meta, it is way too much and a nerf is totally needed.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I really think if you give it another week or so, people will be completing it much more regularly. But time may prove me wrong.

Slowpokeking.8720

ELITISTS: People only want faceroll content.

FACT: Most of the pugs failed after spent hours to organize and learn it. Even after the fix, the successful rate is less than 25%. And most of the time 3/4 of the people didn’t do anything wrong, it was one lane’s fault thanks to the design.

Nobody is saying it should be faceroll, we are saying that open world meta shouldn’t be that hard, which you have spent months to try, spent hours to prepare and still fail most of the times.

Slowpokeking.8720

I really think if you give it another week or so, people will be completing it much more regularly. But time may prove me wrong.

Why? It’s been more than a month already, I didn’t spend 49$ to have such “fun”. It wasn’t our fault to keep the bugs for so long.

What will people get if they keep the difficulty? Satisfaction?

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

I agree the event is fine. It still fails a lot, but i’ve completed it several times with pugs. No teamspeak, no big guild. Just people who aren’t running pvt gear, use food buffs and know the mechanics.

The Chak Gerent reveals a truth that wasn’t as apparent with vanilla GW2; The average pug is just bad. Terribly bad. It didn’t matter before HoT, since almost every event could be zerged into oblivion in minutes, no matter how bad the players were. They won by sheer numbers.

Have you ever tried checking players at Chak Gerent? 50% don’t use food, 40% use mf food or some crappy low level food, and if you’re lucky 10% use appropriate dps food. Today the commander dropped food at the wp and told everybody repeatedly to eat it, in 4 different languages, and there were still people that didn’t eat it.

People don’t know the mechanics and don’t bother asking, because they are used to getting carried through difficult events by better players. Players wearing PVT or Knight’s armor go to SCAR lane, then complain when the event fails due to lacking DPS. Yesterday i saw a player running after the Gerent for 2 minutes while it was buried, trying to hit it. Another player kept running into the pheromone cloud (donut) to res others, ofc dying in the process. He didn’t learn from his mistake and kept dying like that repeatedly.

The Chak Gerent is not that difficult, players are just plain bad. I’ve noticed the event succeeding far more in the early hours of the day, when most casual players don’t play and the average player quality is much higher.

It’s definitely a l2p issue.

Aomine.5012

In comparision:

THIS IS VERY COMPLICATED

Have you tried SCAR’s Gerent?

Because of the stupid Cannon bug, CC bar would always be broken.

SCAR’s Gerent moves the most, need the highest dps, also need decent survivability since the boss is absolutely the toughest with all the instant death circle spawned near or beneath him. Among 20 ppl fighting SCAR’S Gerents, usually there’d be at least 4~5 newer players who can’t handle it and instantly killed by Gerent because this one is not as brainless as other 3 which you can watch the boss afk in one spot for 2 mins, making SCAR often fight with just 15 people.

Because of that, now I only use my Revenant for this boss and always go SCAR.
If Nouhouch didn’t fail in first 2 phases, it’d end up being SCAR failing to kill Gerent, or SCAR doing too low damage in phase 1 and phase 2, making other lanes unable to kill Gerents when rotated to them.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

It’s not as boring and braindead with its current difficulty. So it’s still a fun event to run.

Slowpokeking.8720

Right now, it’s very hard to even find a map each time, there usually is only 1 map doing the meta and you need to keep attention on the LFG channel to not miss its taxi, it might start 1 hour earlier. It’s proof that sure, many people would still love to get it done if there is a group, but overall people are driven away by its difficulty already. I could have spent the same amount of time and less stress to get much more exp/credits doing SW or DS or AB. And there are still people who think they are better than others. NO, they just have a guild that’s all.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Anytime gear is gated behind an event that requires massive numbers of coordinated players from the same guild(s) on the same com channel, it’s bad design. If the headpiece were not locked behind this, I’d treat it like Triple Trouble (basically ignoring it). They can make the loot as fat as they want, as long as it isn’t something that literally everyone needs to be competitive.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Slowpokeking.8720

I agree the event is fine. It still fails a lot, but i’ve completed it several times with pugs. No teamspeak, no big guild. Just people who aren’t running pvt gear, use food buffs and know the mechanics.

How many times have you failed compare to success with pugs?

The Chak Gerent reveals a truth that wasn’t as apparent with vanilla GW2; The average pug is just bad. Terribly bad. It didn’t matter before HoT, since almost every event could be zerged into oblivion in minutes, no matter how bad the players were. They won by sheer numbers.

Have you ever tried checking players at Chak Gerent? 50% don’t use food, 40% use mf food or some crappy low level food, and if you’re lucky 10% use appropriate dps food. Today the commander dropped food at the wp and told everybody repeatedly to eat it, in 4 different languages, and there were still people that didn’t eat it.

People don’t know the mechanics and don’t bother asking, because they are used to getting carried through difficult events by better players. Players wearing PVT or Knight’s armor go to SCAR lane, then complain when the event fails due to lacking DPS. Yesterday i saw a player running after the Gerent for 2 minutes while it was buried, trying to hit it. Another player kept running into the pheromone cloud (donut) to res others, ofc dying in the process. He didn’t learn from his mistake and kept dying like that repeatedly.

The Chak Gerent is not that difficult, players are just plain bad. I’ve noticed the event succeeding far more in the early hours of the day, when most casual players don’t play and the average player quality is much higher.

It’s definitely a l2p issue.

Tell me how are you going to decide and pick players in open world meta? Don’t tell me join a guild run.

xarallei.4279

You don’t need that headpiece to be competitive. I didn’t even use mine. It promptly went in the bank because I have ascended gear. It’s the collection completionists that are having issues with this. Now I do sympathize with them. Anet should have locked it behind DS.

Slowpokeking.8720

It’s funny that so many people are trying to blame the average pugs. It’s like they have some special tools to check every player’s experience and skills in the open map. Oh also they could kick the “bad pugs” out from the map when they want.

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

Chak Gerent is just a dps check meta event. None of the mechanics are “hard”, unless you consider avoiding large red and blue aoe circles and not cc-ing hard.

I’d bet most pug maps that fail probably have a tonne of people doing the meta in some kind of tank gear because they’re having a difficult time surviving in the jungle.

Since the patch to Nuhoch, I’ve attempted around a dozen or so pug Gerents, one has succeeded. The ones that failed simply didn’t have the dps.

Slowpokeking.8720

Chak Gerent is just a dps check meta event. None of the mechanics are “hard”, unless you consider avoiding large red and blue aoe circles and not cc-ing hard.

I’d bet most pug maps that fail probably have a tonne of people doing the meta in some kind of tank gear because they’re having a difficult time surviving in the jungle.

Since the patch to Nuhoch, I’ve attempted around a dozen or so pug Gerents, one has succeeded. The ones that failed simply didn’t have the dps.

Really awesome design.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Chak Gerent is easier than TT already. I just tagged up last night like 3 mins before start and killed Ogre Lane’s Chak Gerent with 20 seconds to spare, there was barely any organization and we still got 2/4 downed for the free egg.

It’ll be on farm soon enough once people figure out that nomads isn’t ideal and orange circle/purple circle are bad.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Slowpokeking.8720

Chak Gerent is easier than TT already. I just tagged up last night like 3 mins before start and killed Ogre Lane’s Chak Gerent with 20 seconds to spare, there was barely any organization and we still got 2/4 downed for the free egg.

It’ll be on farm soon enough once people figure out that nomads isn’t ideal and orange circle/purple circle are bad.

Wow you use a failed attempt to show how easy it is, this further proved the point.

Slowpokeking.8720

See how funny this is? People who failed 30+ tries, failed most of the runs since the patch and didn’t even get 3/4 done are here to say how easy it is and it should be kept at this difficulty.

xarallei.4279

If he managed to get 2 of the 4 lanes down with basically no organization time whatsoever….yes that does show how easy it is.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Most of the time the event fails before dps matter because no one understand how important getting chak gerent to emerge is even on maps that are trying to organize it. It should become easy as more players because comfortable with the map/event. Would help if it did not have a long wait time inbetween the meta event. In AB I can run constant events before Tarir. In TD, I have nothing to do 30min after Gerent.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Remember when people were complaining how T4 night VB was impossible and it should be nerfed then suddenly 2 weeks later everybody who organized could get it?

Yeah.

This will happen JUST THE SAME to TD.

Learn the fight. Teach people. Drop some food for players. Tag up. It’ll happen.

I also never said TD is easy, I said it was easier than TT which I’ve never been able to pug outside of EVOS/TTS.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Aomine.5012

If he managed to get 2 of the 4 lanes down with basically no organization time whatsoever….yes that does show how easy it is.

If you didn’t win the event before, you have NO RIGHT saying it’s easy.
(I beat the event before, and I still won’t say it’s easy. SCAR need to be patched.)

This is a coordination meta, so getting the EASIEST lane like Ogre/ Rata Novus done means NOTHING.

If SCAR and Nohouch is not a perfect team with good players, SCAR would either not able to kill it, or SCAR do little damage in Phase 1 and Phase 2 making Ogre fails the kill, or Nohouch just fail to emerge the Gerent.

Try doing SCAR/ Nohouch for a change, and if you can’t constantly chipping 40% of his HP and survive with ease, you have no right to say it easy. It’s like you score a 50 in your test (beat 2 bosses only) and you say the test is easy. You can only say it it’s easy after you score like 90~100%.

(edited by Aomine.5012)