The Chak Gerent is just fine

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I’ve done semi-PUG maps with LUCK (Deadly cuddles) and he kills nuhoch before phase 3 even happens.

The problem here is that you guys are more willing to complain on the forums for nerfs than learning the fight itself.

I’ve gotten like 5-6 kills already and 2 weapon left for Hivemaster while you’re still here complaining about how hard this map is.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I have beaten it. Many times. It’s easy. Beat scar with like 1:30 left on the clock only yesterday.

Now for mass uncoordinated people it’s not going to let them faceroll. You need to sit down and you need to organize. But given time this is a fight that can be learned even by pugs.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

And yet my group did it twice in a row successfully. Doesn’t that count too?

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

Remember when people were complaining how T4 night VB was impossible and it should be nerfed then suddenly 2 weeks later everybody who organized could get it?

Yeah.

This will happen JUST THE SAME to TD.

Learn the fight. Teach people. Drop some food for players. Tag up. It’ll happen.

I also never said TD is easy, I said it was easier than TT which I’ve never been able to pug outside of EVOS/TTS.

And it has been more than 1 month, how many times did you fail compare to success?

The problem is SIMPLE:

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE IN YOUR MAP ARE EXPERIENCED AND NOW WHAT TO DO?

Can you make sure you only taxi in experienced players?
Can you check their gear and experience?
Can you kick them out if they are not good enough or didn’t want to do the meta?

If you can’t, why are you still defending this Open World Meta?

Slowpokeking.8720

I’ve done semi-PUG maps with LUCK (Deadly cuddles) and he kills nuhoch before phase 3 even happens.

The problem here is that you guys are more willing to complain on the forums for nerfs than learning the fight itself.

I’ve gotten like 5-6 kills already and 2 weapon left for Hivemaster while you’re still here complaining about how hard this map is.

OMG, you haven’t even done it ONCE with pugs and you are here to say it’s easy.

I’ve just fought it again, fail, none of the lanes even killed a gerent.

Slowpokeking.8720

Tell us how many runs have you done with pugs, and how many failure there are compare to successes.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

So you need an organized guild to “carry you” and you say it’s easy lol..

I beat the Gerent in a PUG map during midnight, with people organizing in last 30 mins. Srsly, you’re the guy who has least right to say it’s easy. Try doing SCAR in PUG map for a change will you? If you can’t chip SCAR’s boss’s hp by 35% per phase and survive the whole fight, you’re incompetent.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: arron.7348

arron.7348

weird, i’ve been completing this event with pugs since day 3

it’s easy, the official forum dwellers are just over dramatic and refuse to learn anything

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

You guys seem mad salty and nitpicking everything I say.

I’ve pugged plenty of maps and some have succeeded, some have failed. I only mentioned that Nuhoch kill because you guys were like ZOMG ITS IMPOSSIBRU ITS A HARD LANE whereas the truth is, you’re bad. You’re both bad.

Teq used to be unpuggable too then guess what? People stopped complaining and tried to git gud and look where we are now. Pugs organizing defense teams and killing teq like it’s nothing.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

Chak Gerent is just a dps check meta event. None of the mechanics are “hard”, unless you consider avoiding large red and blue aoe circles and not cc-ing hard.

I’d bet most pug maps that fail probably have a tonne of people doing the meta in some kind of tank gear because they’re having a difficult time surviving in the jungle.

Since the patch to Nuhoch, I’ve attempted around a dozen or so pug Gerents, one has succeeded. The ones that failed simply didn’t have the dps.

Really awesome design.

I still stand by what I said. Since the Nuhoch patch, none of the lane mechanics required to spawn gerents are hard. Most of my pug runs post patch got all four gerents to the last phase, they just didn’t have the dps. Imo, pugs failing a dps check does not mean the meta event is difficult.

I’ve also run the meta five times with organized guild groups (ie. LUCK, TTS, etc), and managed to clear the meta four times. Two of those completions we managed to kill all four gerents before the third phase.

If you really need to get this event done, and don’t want to rely on a pug lottery, TTS and LUCK run the event regularly. LUCK normally posts when on the forums here. TTS has a schedule on their website.

Morfedel.4165

Tell us how many runs have you done with pugs, and how many failure there are compare to successes.

Lol really? I made one serious attempt in a pug map before this. That’s it. Because I saw all the whining here, I knew that organization was going to be necessary, but you know, I think organizing something is fine, because being able to just auto attack one over and over and over gets really boring. Sometimes having some content that requires a little bit of actual thoughts and skill is a nice addition to the game. And if someone can’t handle that, maybe they should go back to playing the standard brainless content instead.

And to reiterate, we didn’t just win, we won pretty easily. Twice in a row, though I missed the first one. Three of the four lanes were beaten by the second burn, and the only reason the 4th one was a struggle was as I said before, the commander said that at first the people with her weren’t listening, but they started listening before the end, Got it together, and ended up winning anyway.

And just to point out, in the beginning tequatl was being lost a great deal as well, but eventually over time people learned the mechanics and it went from being really hard to really easy. This is going to be the same thing, just learn the mechanics, and everything else will follow suit.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

The entire point is to avoid breaking his bar. It’s intended by design.

No it’s not. Stop exploiting.

Git Gud.

Slowpokeking.8720

I still stand by what I said. Since the Nuhoch patch, none of the lane mechanics required to spawn gerents are hard. Most of my pug runs post patch got all four gerents to the last phase, they just didn’t have the dps. Imo, pugs failing a dps check does not mean the meta event is difficult.

I’ve also run the meta five times with organized guild groups (ie. LUCK, TTS, etc), and managed to clear the meta four times. Two of those completions we managed to kill all four gerents before the third phase.

If you really need to get this event done, and don’t want to rely on a pug lottery, TTS and LUCK run the event regularly. LUCK normally posts when on the forums here. TTS has a schedule on their website.

I just failed at there this morning lol. And how is it our fault to keep it buggy for so long?

It meant nothing, you were talking about pugs, they don’t have the DPS several times in a row, how are you going to make sure that next map’s pug will have it? How are you even going to know that?

WOW even organized guild can’t make it 100%, and you are saying it’s easy.

I don’t really want to get it done that badly, but this is obviously a bad design and it’s laughable that people who are defending it, couldn’t even get a 50 % or even 30% successful rate.

Unless you have a >50% successful rate with pugs, stop poping out to say how easy it is.
I’m sure you people have way lower successful rate.

Morfedel.4165

I beat the Gerent in a PUG map during midnight, with people organizing in last 30 mins. Srsly, you’re the guy who has least right to say it’s easy. Try doing SCAR in PUG map for a change will you? If you can’t chip SCAR’s boss’s hp by 35% per phase and survive the whole fight, you’re incompetent.

Being with an organized Guild isn’t being carried. Stop being insulting. Being carried is when the individual in question isn’t assisting in the effort. If you are part of the victory and you contributed, then you are part of it, not being carried.

That was a rather pathetic attack by the way. Why don’t you try having a conversation instead of insulting people who have evidence contrary to your own.

Morfedel.4165

A couple of times now people have actually attacked other people in this thread because they were somehow being carried or otherwise supported by a guild effort. & I would really like to know how is it invalidated if a guild organizes a map instead of a pug? Because really I don’t see how you can claim that it is somehow invalid gameplay organizing one way verses another. After all raids have to be organized, and anyone doing speed clear in dungeons have requirements. If you really just want to be able to close your eyes hit the one button and walk away, then this particular content isn’t for you, otherwise any form of organization, pug or guild, is equally valid. So stop being kittens.

Aomine.5012

Being with an organized Guild isn’t being carried. Stop being insulting. Being carried is when the individual in question isn’t assisting in the effort. If you are part of the victory and you contributed, then you are part of it, not being carried.

That was a rather pathetic attack by the way. Why don’t you try having a conversation instead of insulting people who have evidence contrary to your own.

It is “being carried” for sure, because you eliminate one factor of you need to do MORE DAMAGE than necessary to compensate some of the PUG’s people horrendous gear choice.

In PUG, you need to do 150%~200% more damage than you need to do in an ORG map. With Org guild, you only need like 80% of that damage to do well. You’d still win even if you perform slightly worse than average.

I push people to do SCAR in PUG map to RAISE AWARENESS of the bad design of SCAR path, so Anet may potentially fix the issue. After SCAR is fixed, I can agree this event is more manageable. (Before you say Ogre often fails too, Ogre fails usually because SCAR does too little damage in phase 1 or phase 2, making Ogre need to do extra damage to compensate SCAR’s mistake.)

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Slowpokeking.8720

Lol really? I made one serious attempt in a pug map before this. That’s it. Because I saw all the whining here, I knew that organization was going to be necessary, but you know, I think organizing something is fine, because being able to just auto attack one over and over and over gets really boring. Sometimes having some content that requires a little bit of actual thoughts and skill is a nice addition to the game. And if someone can’t handle that, maybe they should go back to playing the standard brainless content instead.

1 attempt and you came here to teach people how to play? Lol.

YOU: People just want faceroll content.
FACT: Most of the pugs do organize for 15-60 mins and they still fail.

Let me make it clear to you. You can blame all the people for being incompetent. But the truth is that YOU CANNOT DECIDE what kind of people you are going to have in this pug map.

Can you check their gear?
Can you see through their experience?
Can you know their DPS?
Can you kick them out if you think they are bad or they don’t want to do the meta?

NO, you can’t, none of us can. Then how are you going to make sure this map is good enough and know their skill?

THIS, THIS, THIS is why open world meta shouldn’t be too hard, it’s laughable to teach average pugs to be so awesome when you can’t even see what kind of pugs you will get.

And just to point out, in the beginning tequatl was being lost a great deal as well, but eventually over time people learned the mechanics and it went from being really hard to really easy. This is going to be the same thing, just learn the mechanics, and everything else will follow suit.

Why are you even comparing Teq rather than TT? Do you know what kind of ghost town TT was for a long while? Did people try to learn it?

Seriously, get out from your TTS team, try run with pugs for 10 times and see how your own individual"skill" matter in a open world meta.

Slowpokeking.8720

ELITISTS: People only want faceroll content.
FACT: Most of the pugs failed after spent hours to organize and learn it. Even after the fix, the successful rate is less than 25%. And most of the time 3/4 of the people didn’t do anything wrong, it was one lane’s fault thanks to the design.

Seriously, most of maps do organize, if it wasn’t people won’t even stay.

Morfedel.4165

1 attempt and you came here to teach people how to play? Lol.

YOU: People just want faceroll content.
FACT: Most of the pugs do organize for 15-60 mins and they still fail.

Let me make it clear to you. You can blame all the people for being incompetent. But the truth is that YOU CANNOT DECIDE what kind of people you are going to have in this pug map.

Can you check their gear?
Can you see through their experience?
Can you know their DPS?
Can you kick them out if you think they are bad or they don’t want to do the meta?

NO, you can’t, none of us can. Then how are you going to make sure this map is good enough and know their skill?

THIS, THIS, THIS is why open world meta shouldn’t be too hard, it’s laughable to teach average pugs to be so awesome when you can’t even see what kind of pugs you will get.

Why are you even comparing Teq rather than TT? Do you know what kind of ghost town TT was for a long while? Did people try to learn it?

Seriously, get out from your TTS team, try run with pugs for 10 times and see how your own individual"skill" matter in a open world meta.

First of all, I’m done tt several times, just not in the recent past. I did it a lot in the beginning. What I meant was I don’t know its current state because I haven’t done it in quite a while

As for the rest, I have been monitoring TD closely. I was concerned about how difficult people were saying it was and I even told a friend of mine that look like anet may have to nerf it. People have been saying it’s too hard, and yet an organized group did it twice in a row fairly easily. If it was too hard we would not have had such an easy time of it. explain to me how that has no accuracy?

One doesn’t need to have a butt load of failures when they see the successes. If we could succeed that easily, other people can too. You just have to learn the freaking mechanics, do the freaking DPS, and stay disciplined and organized, and that is all pretty self evident in those runs I witnessed myself. So in other words yeah this really is a learn to play issue.

It just requires some skill and organization. Something most of the rest of the content of this game really doesn’t require. So yes I can easily stand by my statements. The people who are sitting here whining about it either need to learn to play, learn to understand that this does require some organization and skill, or just go play the rest of the brain dead content that doesn’t have a higher skill requirement. Just stop QQing and accept these facts.

Morfedel.4165

It is “being carried” for sure, because you eliminate one factor of you need to do MORE DAMAGE than necessary to compensate some of the PUG’s people horrendous gear choice.

In PUG, you need to do 150%~200% more damage than you need to do in an ORG map. With Org guild, you only need like 80% of that damage to do well. You’d still win even if you perform slightly worse than average.

I push people to do SCAR in PUG map to RAISE AWARENESS of the bad design of SCAR path, so Anet may potentially fix the issue. After SCAR is fixed, I can agree this event is more manageable. (Before you say Ogre often fails too, Ogre fails usually because SCAR does too little damage in phase 1 or phase 2, making Ogre need to do extra damage to compensate SCAR’s mistake.)

You clearly need to go read up on the definition of what being carried means. It means you’re not doing your part of your job. If someone is in a group, and they do their best, and don’t just sit there and watch everyone else play, then no they’re not being carried. Go back and check the definitions for yourself and stop making up your own.

Now maybe there were some people just sitting around with your thumb up their butts not doing anything, but both myself and that other poster and clearly said that we were working with a group, not just sitting there applauding and cheerleading while they did their work.

xarallei.4279

Yeah, that definition of carry doesn’t make sense. By her definition when a member of DnT raids, they are being carried. And they are only not being carried if they pug and carry other bad players. That’s kind of an insane definition.

Slowpokeking.8720

First of all, I’m done tt several times, just not in the recent past. I did it a lot in the beginning. What I meant was I don’t know its current state because I haven’t done it in quite a while

As for the rest, I have been monitoring TD closely. I was concerned about how difficult people were saying it was and I even told a friend of mine that look like anet may have to nerf it. People have been saying it’s too hard, and yet an organized group did it twice in a row fairly easily. If it was too hard we would not have had such an easy time of it. explain to me how that has no accuracy?

One doesn’t need to have a butt load of failures when they see the successes. If we could succeed that easily, other people can too.

Get out of your guild and try it with pugs, understand the difference then talk about your “we can do it easily, others can, too”.

Ask people here how many of them have a >50% success rate with pugs, then speak out of the failures.

You just have to learn the freaking mechanics, do the freaking DPS, and stay disciplined and organized, and that is all pretty self evident in those runs I witnessed myself. So in other words yeah this really is a learn to play issue.

It just requires some skill and organization. Something most of the rest of the content of this game really doesn’t require. So yes I can easily stand by my statements. The people who are sitting here whining about it either need to learn to play, learn to understand that this does require some organization and skill, or just go play the rest of the brain dead content that doesn’t have a higher skill requirement. Just stop QQing and accept these facts.

Again stop ignoring others’ points and repeat these “l2p” jokes.

HOW are you going to let the pugs, those you don’t even know to l2p? When you enter a pug map, how are you going to know they are experienced or not? How are you going to pick people with “skill and experience” and kick the rest out? You can stand here to repeat these but in the game none of these matters. This is OPEN WORLD META, you don’t have the power to control it overall, there is nothing you can do other than leaving if people don’t even want to do the meta. THIS is why Open World Meta shouldn’t be too hard.

Slowpokeking.8720

Yeah, that definition of carry doesn’t make sense. By her definition when a member of DnT raids, they are being carried. And they are only not being carried if they pug and carry other bad players. That’s kind of an insane definition.

What’s your success rate with pugs?

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

I just failed at there this morning lol. And how is it our fault to keep it buggy for so long?

It meant nothing, you were talking about pugs, they don’t have the DPS several times in a row, how are you going to make sure that next map’s pug will have it? How are you even going to know that?

WOW even organized guild can’t make it 100%, and you are saying it’s easy.

I don’t really want to get it done that badly, but this is obviously a bad design and it’s laughable that people who are defending it, couldn’t even get a 50 % or even 30% successful rate.

Unless you have a >50% successful rate with pugs, stop poping out to say how easy it is.
I’m sure you people have way lower successful rate.

I never once said it was easy. I simply said the mechanics of the fight are not hard, especially post patch.

I do agree that finding a map with pugs that have the required dps to successfully complete the meta is difficult, but that does not make the event itself difficult, especially if semi organized guild groups are able to kill all four gerents before the third phase.

I’ll use triple trouble as an example. That event is near impossible to complete with pugs, but almost always succeeds with an organized guild group.

I can understand peoples frustrations trying to pug the gerent meta, since a lot of items are gated behind it, but if you’re on the forums posting about how it should be nerfed or toned down, it also shouldn’t be hard for you to find an organized guild run of it either.

I personally don’t see a problem with two map wide meta events in the entire game (tt and gerent) that aren’t faceroll puggable.

Slowpokeking.8720

I never once said it was easy. I simply said the mechanics of the fight are not hard, especially post patch.

What’s your success rate with pugs then?

I do agree that finding a map with pugs that have the required dps to successfully complete the meta is difficult, but that does not make the event itself difficult, especially if semi organized guild groups are able to kill all four gerents before the third phase.

It is not a content for instances, it is designed for OPEN WORLD, how could the difficulty not be based on open world pugs? It’s like designing our personal story as group level difficulty content.

I’ll use triple trouble as an example. That event is near impossible to complete with pugs, but almost always succeeds with an organized guild group.

Which proves it’s a failure as a Open World Meta.

I can understand peoples frustrations trying to pug the gerent meta, since a lot of items are gated behind it, but if you’re on the forums posting about how it should be nerfed or toned down, it also shouldn’t be hard for you to find an organized guild run of it either.

I personally don’t see a problem with two map wide meta events in the entire game (tt and gerent) that aren’t faceroll puggable.

No, this is a failure of design, Anet need to realize it. I don’t want to ask for guild help.

Faceroll? Again, a lot of pugs spent 15-30 or even an hour to organize, making their success rate being higher than 80% is dozens of miles from FACEROLL.

Morfedel.4165

One doesn’t need to have a butt load of failures when they see the successes. If we could succeed that easily, other people can too.

Get out of your guild and try it with pugs, understand the difference then talk about your “we can do it easily, others can, too”.

Ask people here how many of them have a >50% success rate with pugs, then speak out of the failures.

You just have to learn the freaking mechanics, do the freaking DPS, and stay disciplined and organized, and that is all pretty self evident in those runs I witnessed myself. So in other words yeah this really is a learn to play issue.

Again stop ignoring others’ points and repeat these “l2p” jokes.

HOW are you going to let the pugs, those you don’t even know to l2p? When you enter a pug map, how are you going to know they are experienced or not? How are you going to pick people with “skill and experience” and kick the rest out? You can stand here to repeat these but in the game none of these matters. This is OPEN WORLD META, you don’t have the power to control it overall, there is nothing you can do other than leaving if people don’t even want to do the meta. THIS is why Open World Meta shouldn’t be too hard.

It doesn’t matter. Because pugs can learn to be organized as well. Tequatl also used to require organized Guilds in the very beginning and now pugs do it just fine. At that point. Over time as people learn and understand the mechanics they won’t have to have their hands held by Guild and can do it on their own. They just have to learn it. Unless you’re saying that pugs are incapable of learning. Because Guild people are people too.

Morfedel.4165

I just want to reiterate, for those of you who keep bringing up pugs vs guilds. there has been other content in the game that required organized Guilds to beat them. And that is no longer the case, pugs are now succeeding in that content just fine. Why are you so convinced that this particular event won’t go the same route?

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Because this is what people want to do…use third party program in order to play one of the basic parts of the expansion….yaaay. /sarcasm off. Tripple trouble is the most similar to TD and look how many people are doing it. None. I killed that wurm just twice since it was released exactly because I don’t want to bother with 3rd party programs and the “wonderful” megaserver sys-not-tem

I killed it over 100 times, get organised. Noone wants stupid boring brain afk events where attending is all that matters.

100 times? Looks like a big lie to me, I only see 2 or 3 successful TT per week.

It gets cleared successfully 2-3 times a day by GW2 community… So yer 100 times is believable, I killed it about 40 times for the gloves. Just because YOU haven’t seen something doesn’t mean it doesn;t happen – just means you’re ignorant of what is going on.

Aomine.5012

I just want to reiterate, for those of you who keep bringing up pugs vs guilds. there has been other content in the game that required organized Guilds to beat them. And that is no longer the case, pugs are now succeeding in that content just fine. Why are you so convinced that this particular event won’t go the same route?

It will never go into the same route if Anet does not fix SCAR first.

Fix the cannon and let it not break the CC bar, but instead, does percentage damage to Chak Gerent will do.

In fact, most players already LEARN the mechanics of all the new HoT maps, but the problem always fall to dps, in particular, SCAR lane issue.

Other meta seems faceroll now not because it’s easy, it’s because players actually get better. Octovine actually has a more complex mechanic, but people now have very high success rate because there’s no dps check. DS blighttower is not THAT easy until people figure out the mechanic. None of them have a dps check.

It’s ok for Chak Gerent to have a dps check, but seriously, bug that lasts for 2 months is not tolerable. Fix SCAR’s cannon already..

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Slowpokeking.8720

It doesn’t matter. Because pugs can learn to be organized as well. Tequatl also used to require organized Guilds in the very beginning and now pugs do it just fine. At that point. Over time as people learn and understand the mechanics they won’t have to have their hands held by Guild and can do it on their own. They just have to learn it. Unless you’re saying that pugs are incapable of learning. Because Guild people are people too.

They did and they failed most of the time.

“PUGS” aren’t the same group of people. You don’t even meet the same group of people next time. They might be brand new people who knows nothing about it, they might just be there for some HP, you can’t help and you can’t decide. Understand this before you repeat the “l2p” jokes.

Why bring Teq up when TT is more similar?

Both have a long time preparation
Both need groups to separate
Both have different mechanics each side
Both require to kill different targets

What happened to TT? Did most of the people stay to learn it?

Slowpokeking.8720

Yes, and those aren’t Open World Meta other than TT. Open World Meta are made for pugs, just like personal story is mostly for solo players, not groups.

Slowpokeking.8720

It will never go into the same route if Anet does not fix SCAR first.

Fix the cannon and let it not break the CC bar, but instead, does percentage damage to Chak Gerent will do.

In fact, most players already LEARN the mechanics of all the new HoT maps, but the problem always fall to dps, in particular, SCAR lane issue.

Other meta seems faceroll now not because it’s easy, it’s because players actually get better. Octovine actually has a more complex mechanic, but people now have very high success rate because there’s no dps check. DS blighttower is not THAT easy until people figure out the mechanic. None of them have a dps check.

It’s ok for Chak Gerent to have a dps check, but seriously, bug that lasts for 2 months is not tolerable. Fix SCAR’s cannon already..

I think it works both ways, TD Meta is way more punishing than others, it’s been buggy for so long and it got DPS check on each lane, making it the worst abomination.

Posted by: Nexterror.7180

Nexterror.7180

Chak Gerent is just a dps check meta event. None of the mechanics are “hard”

This is all you need to know about this event. Stop crying.

Slowpokeking.8720

Chak Gerent is just a dps check meta event. None of the mechanics are “hard”

This is all you need to know about this event. Stop crying.

What’s your success rate with pugs then?

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

Just went back from PUG-ing TD yesterday. Totally random people, just coming in around 20-30 mins before KoTJ started. Made it with around 2 minutes to spare. No TS, just Map/Squad chat and 4 commanders who knows what they’re doing. Ogre lane didn’t even have a commander till 5 mins left to event.

With time people will get it to a better success rate IMO. The only lane that might require ‘fix’ is probably SCAR.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Done this 4 times since they patched it up.

All 4 times were with pugs, organized 30 minutes in advance. I lead SCAR lane all 4 times. Killed SCAR lane all 4 times, the event succeeded 2 of the 4 times. Once Novus failed and once Orge somehow failed lol.

SCAR lane needs to be tuned down though. We only succeeded with an average of 10 seconds left and the only reason we managed to kill it is because I personally bought the entire lane food and whispered each person that didn’t have food and made them use it. Without doing this the lane fails every time.

I think for an open world event it is too hard. We have raids now, and I love doing challenging content there, but open world is not the place for it.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I realize this is a bold statement, but after having done the event multiple times, I’ve come to that conclusion. It’s basically just like tequatl, which also seemed too hard in the beginning.

Now, beating Tequatl is usually trivial. We just had to learn how to do it.

I participated in a TD meta event with the guild TTS. And you know what happened? Not only did we beat it, all but one lane did so with little real difficulty. It went by the numbers, the lane I was in (Rata Novus) killed it on the second burn phase with time to spare.

When we were done, the officers had a post-mortem where they asked each lane officer to tell what went good and bad. The one lane that had trouble beat the Chak Gerent with 4 seconds to spare, and she said the problem was in the beginning no one was really listening to her directions, but in the end they pulled it together.

And when they were done, the head of the entire run said, “well, there we go, we had two successful runs back to back, let’s do it again soon!”

I stopped and said, “Wait, you did this successfully twiced? In a row?!”

Yup, they sure did.

The point being you need a tight organized group. Its more complex than tequatl, due to separate lanes, but really, if you have a tightly organized map it works just fine. And, just as a final point, I believe this will end up like Tequatl: as the population learns what they need to do, it will become almost as trivial as Tequatl now is.

There’s 2 major issues with the TD meta:

1. The timer on the event, there is no in game timer till the meta starts, and people have to rely on third party websites to find out when the meta will start, because people don’t want to sit around for 2 hours on a T4 map just waiting.

My suggestion? Make the meta progress based on lane progression rather than a 2 hour timer. When you progress the meta to T4, it starts the king of the jungle event. You trigger the garent, defeat it, or fail, and then the event won’t start again for the rest of the original 2 hour timer, with the timer being in game.

2. The breakbar mechanic for the fight. The entire rest of HoT trains you to break breakbars in order to gain a burn phase on the boss. This is the one exception which makes it extremely counterintuitive and in a big PuG, which is what this map is, you can’t rely on everyone being in voice communication, or even paying attention to chat, whispers, says, anything. That one person burning through the breakbar despite you begging them not to because it screws it up, ruins the fight for 100 or more other people. It shouldn’t come down to that because we can’t expel people from the map. Just think of how many rangers play this game facerolling their longbow bar and using their knockback off cooldown. Relying on a counterintuitive mechanic like the Garent breakbar is bad design.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Aomine.5012

I realize this is a bold statement, but after having done the event multiple times, I’ve come to that conclusion. It’s basically just like tequatl, which also seemed too hard in the beginning.

Now, beating Tequatl is usually trivial. We just had to learn how to do it.

I participated in a TD meta event with the guild TTS. And you know what happened? Not only did we beat it, all but one lane did so with little real difficulty. It went by the numbers, the lane I was in (Rata Novus) killed it on the second burn phase with time to spare.

When we were done, the officers had a post-mortem where they asked each lane officer to tell what went good and bad. The one lane that had trouble beat the Chak Gerent with 4 seconds to spare, and she said the problem was in the beginning no one was really listening to her directions, but in the end they pulled it together.

And when they were done, the head of the entire run said, “well, there we go, we had two successful runs back to back, let’s do it again soon!”

I stopped and said, “Wait, you did this successfully twiced? In a row?!”

Yup, they sure did.

The point being you need a tight organized group. Its more complex than tequatl, due to separate lanes, but really, if you have a tightly organized map it works just fine. And, just as a final point, I believe this will end up like Tequatl: as the population learns what they need to do, it will become almost as trivial as Tequatl now is.

There’s 2 major issues with the TD meta:

1. The timer on the event, there is no in game timer till the meta starts, and people have to rely on third party websites to find out when the meta will start, because people don’t want to sit around for 2 hours on a T4 map just waiting.

My suggestion? Make the meta progress based on lane progression rather than a 2 hour timer. When you progress the meta to T4, it starts the king of the jungle event. You trigger the garent, defeat it, or fail, and then the event won’t start again for the rest of the original 2 hour timer, with the timer being in game.

2. The breakbar mechanic for the fight. The entire rest of HoT trains you to break breakbars in order to gain a burn phase on the boss. This is the one exception which makes it extremely counterintuitive and in a big PuG, which is what this map is, you can’t rely on everyone being in voice communication, or even paying attention to chat, whispers, says, anything. That one person burning through the breakbar despite you begging them not to because it screws it up, ruins the fight for 100 or more other people. It shouldn’t come down to that because we can’t expel people from the map. Just think of how many rangers play this game facerolling their longbow bar and using their knockback off cooldown. Relying on a counterintuitive mechanic like the Garent breakbar is bad design.

Player’s mistake can be fixed.
In-game design that supposedly to give you advantage but in reality makes it harder, which you have absolutely no control of is not tolerable.

Seriously, SCAR NEED to be fixed. Remove the cannon or makes it does something else.

Or rework Gerent entirely, makes it like legendary vinetooth, which you’re rewarded for breaking bar, and put Gerent in vulnerable position for a period of time.

Non sensual horrible design is the root of the whole TD meta problem. Dps is not remotely the issue here. The entire design is flawed.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Gonna back for garent after I finished my work.

People seem to get drive away and completely ignore meta just because the reward is complete balls and really a waste of time.

Now that reward has been buff..people likely to participate more.

I feel like garent is a better version of TT.

-Closer to WP so if you defeated you will come back to fight in no time.

-Mechanic wise is more simple and less trouble than TT. // I heard that Nuhoch lane is fixed..less trouble now I think.

-Each lane is pretty close together. When one lane finished garent early they can spend
some DPS people to help the lane that having trouble //assume that thay have good DPS and not just there to upscale event.

I finish this event once on WP stream. //

Other one is complete pug run after the reward buff patch. We have really good Nuhoch commander that spend every minute tell the squad about the fight( half of the squad do Nuhoch for the first time btw). Point where the nodules spawn, how to get there etc etc.

End up killing it in phase 3. It’s really nice experience to have. ( Unfortunately , SCAR failed…but I got egg . Something to work on! .)

Maybe it will have more and more successful run in the future. I think it’s ok as it is.

Aomine.5012

People seem to get drive away and completely ignore meta just because the reward is complete balls and really a waste of time.

-Mechanic wise is more simple and less trouble than TT. // I heard that Nuhoch lane is fixed..less trouble now I think.

-Each lane is pretty close together. When one lane finished garent early they can spend
some DPS people to help the lane that having trouble //assume that thay have good DPS and not just there to upscale event.

Other one is complete pug run after the reward buff patch. We have really good Nuhoch commander that spend every minute tell the squad about the fight( half of the squad do Nuhoch for the first time btw). Point where the nodules spawn, how to get there etc etc.

End up killing it in phase 3. It’s really nice experience to have. ( Unfortunately , SCAR failed…but I got egg . Something to work on! .)

Maybe it will have more and more successful run in the future. I think it’s ok as it is.

Go to SCAR instead of Nohouch and you can see why SCAR has issues.

Slowpokeking.8720

Or rework Gerent entirely, makes it like legendary vinetooth, which you’re rewarded for breaking bar, and put Gerent in vulnerable position for a period of time.

Non sensual horrible design is the root of the whole TD meta problem. Dps is not remotely the issue here. The entire design is flawed.

This will solve all the problems.

Slowpokeking.8720

Why people are saying “less mech” is good?

If a boss’ difficulty is purely based on mechanics, then people will get a lot better with the mech learned.

But if it’s mostly based on some hard DPS check or amount of damage to endure, then it’s still going to keep most of the difficulty even after you learned the mech. Especially the TD Meta doesn’t allow any failure.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The TD meta needs to be brought in line with the other meta events in HoT, I don’t see how this is even debatable.

You wouldn’t hear 1 complaint on the forums if ANET had not locked the headpiece for the new armor behind this event.

Plus a couple other collections and map completion of Tangled Depths.

xarallei.4279

No it doesn’t. TT has not been “brought in line” with other events in old tyria. Anet intended these fights to be harder. The nuhoch lane was buggy so I agree with the fixes there and perhaps scar might need some tweaking because I don’t know that the gerent’s bar is intended to break like that. But other than these issues the fight really doesn’t need anything done to it.

Slowpokeking.8720

No it doesn’t. TT has not been “brought in line” with other events in old tyria.

Which is a mistake, it became a ghost town.

Posted by: GenoGar.5497

GenoGar.5497

I feel like if they fixed SCAR, this meta will have a 50% success rate compared to the below 20% or whatever it is success rate it currently has.

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

I did a random run with a complete pug map and beat it with about 30 seconds – 1 minute left. Thanks to the patch for Nuhoch spores, I think this event is no longer so hard and will be able to be beaten consistently.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Done this 4 times since they patched it up.

Just curious, how many did you have in SCAR lane? do you find it works better with a particular number?

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

From experience it seems SCAR works best if you have 20 people there. More than that seems like it upscales. Those 20 needs to have good DPS though. Other lanes can afford lower DPS, but SCAR seems like they need DPS the most.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

The point being you need a tight organized group. Its more complex than tequatl, due to separate lanes, but really, if you have a tightly organized map it works just fine.

The point most people are making is, it is an open world event which shouldn’t require a “tight organized group” or if it does so then we should finally get proper instancing tools.

Either way, Anet should have learned this by now. But either they didn’t or they didn’t want to.