The Chak Gerent is just fine

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

Doesn’t matter with what I was saying but ok. Instead of raids, let’s say TT. How many pugs consistently beat it? There’s an open world example.

TD is lower because people got put off from doing it because of the map design, lack of rewards, and mechanics that could bug (Nuhoch) randomly resulting in a fail. It’s going to take time to get players back into this map. AB also has a very very very lenient timer.

TT is the best example of how Open World Meta could go wrong. TD Meta is even worse than TT because its difficulty was based on DPS, which means knowing the mech won’t help that much.

The bug is fixed days ago, most of the people have tried it before and know the mech(it wasn’t hard) and still fail. Yeah AB is easier, why shouldn’t TD be brought at the same difficulty as well?

Slowpokeking.8720

Remove the garbage mech of “No CC”, make CC on the Gerent works the same like other mobs and that’s all we need.

Nobody is asking faceroll content, we just want to have a >80% winning rate when we spent 15-30 mins to organize.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Doesn’t matter with what I was saying but ok. Instead of raids, let’s say TT. How many pugs consistently beat it? There’s an open world example.

TD is lower because people got put off from doing it because of the map design, lack of rewards, and mechanics that could bug (Nuhoch) randomly resulting in a fail. It’s going to take time to get players back into this map. AB also has a very very very lenient timer.

TT is the best example of how Open World Meta could go wrong. TD Meta is even worse than TT because its difficulty was based on DPS, which means knowing the mech won’t help that much.

The bug is fixed days ago, most of the people have tried it before and know the mech(it wasn’t hard) and still fail. Yeah AB is easier, why shouldn’t TD be brought at the same difficulty as well?

So you prefer metas that require no challenge? If you don’t like it then don’t do it. The way that TD, and TT, are now is perfect. Well I still think the gerent’s actions when it’s bar is broke should be swapped. You missed the part that while you need DPS for gerent, it’s not as bad as you may think. There’s a fair amount of flexibility. Of course, having everyone in clerics gear isn’t going to help much.

I won’t address the last part again since I already have at least twice.

Slowpokeking.8720

So you prefer metas that require no challenge? If you don’t like it then don’t do it. The way that TD, and TT, are now is perfect. Well I still think the gerent’s actions when it’s bar is broke should be swapped. You missed the part that while you need DPS for gerent, it’s not as bad as you may think. There’s a fair amount of flexibility. Of course, having everyone in clerics gear isn’t going to help much.

I won’t address the last part again since I already have at least twice.

We just want to have a >80% winning rate when we spent 15-30 mins or even 1 hour to organize, rather than either keep fail and fail after spent hours to find map, prepare and wait, or couldn’t even find a map to try it like TT for a long while.

This is open world meta, even if you do perfect yourself, you can’t affect much. You can’t pick team, can’t know the players’ experience and ability, can’t kick people out when they don’t want to do it. This is why Open World Meta shouldn’t be too hard, or people will give it up like TT. It’s meant to bring people together, not to drive them away.

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

It is irrelevant to address the past the way you do since ANET has address key issues since.

As for the event being difficult there is nothing wrong about it. No, you can not simply AFK button mash your way to the chest like the Shatterer but that isn’t a bad thing at all.

In HOT ‘hard’ doesn’t only mean opponents with bigger stats. It means you have to learn some key elements first and adapt.

How many week-end pug maps did I saw where many would just be AFK, never wp or just ignoring map chat? This is something that make the event fail that is on the players fault.

Again can you PLS take back the face of elitists?

AFK button? I got into the map 30MINS-1HOUR before the event, they had ALREADY STARTED prepare and organize the map, yet we STILL FAIL most of the time. It took me THE ENTIRE MORNING to try and I was too tired so I needed to take a nap thus missed the only successful run.

Seriously, WHY DID YOU SAY OTHERS ARE NOT LEARNING WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT THEY HAD DONE? Have. you. even. tried. this. map? If it wasn’t organized people won’t even do the event.

HOW are you going to let pugs learn? How are you going to know did they learn or not when you get in? HOW are you gonna do when they didn’t? CAN you kick them? NO, you have almost 0 power to control open world meta progress.

THIS, THIS, THIS is why Open World Meta shouldn’t be too hard. This isn’t the only dumb thing ANET has done in HoT. Remember the level 4 mastery for story and 400 HP for Elite Spec? The TD Meta is another one.

BTW I hate elitists.

At this point I think you are just blindly lashing out since you haven’t paid attention to the point I share at all.

I didn’t said none were learning. I said I could see a lot of ppl NOT way pointing when dead DESPITE being told before and after constantly. I saw many ppl asking questions that were continuously addressed in map chat despite having been with us the whole time. I also saw many ppl just not moving at all when the gerent appears or when using a wp myself. And let’s not talk about gear that we beg all constantly to be as much DPS as possible. When you have too many ppl behaving like that it amount to a fail is what I say.

Before the fix, I was agreeing entirely with you btw.

Slowpokeking.8720

BTW I hate elitists.

At this point I think you are just blindly lashing out since you haven’t paid attention to the point I share at all.

I didn’t said none were learning. I said I could see a lot of ppl NOT way pointing when dead DESPITE being told before and after constantly. I saw many ppl asking questions that were continuously addressed in map chat despite having been with us the whole time. I also saw many ppl just not moving at all when the gerent appears or when using a wp myself. And let’s not talk about gear that we beg all constantly to be as much DPS as possible. When you have too many ppl behaving like that it amount to a fail is what I say.

Before the fix, I was agreeing entirely with you btw.

Sorry for being mad at you.

But you can’t change these, you can’t kick these people out, you can’t pick players to this map. Even if some people want to do HP and ignore the Meta, you can’t do anything other than leave the map yourself. Even if you have met a perfect team and made it, you might meet none of them next time you enter the map. This is not instance, this is Open World Meta, which you have little control over the whole map.

This is why I oppose Open World Meta for being too hard, because it’s unrealistic to let open world map people to have the discipline most of the time. If you make a map too hard, most of people will give up trying, and the rest, while they have the skill and willing to learn/fight, they can’t find map to do it.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I just want to reiterate, for those of you who keep bringing up pugs vs guilds. there has been other content in the game that required organized Guilds to beat them. And that is no longer the case, pugs are now succeeding in that content just fine. Why are you so convinced that this particular event won’t go the same route?

It will never go into the same route if Anet does not fix SCAR first.

Fix the cannon and let it not break the CC bar, but instead, does percentage damage to Chak Gerent will do.

In fact, most players already LEARN the mechanics of all the new HoT maps, but the problem always fall to dps, in particular, SCAR lane issue.

Other meta seems faceroll now not because it’s easy, it’s because players actually get better. Octovine actually has a more complex mechanic, but people now have very high success rate because there’s no dps check. DS blighttower is not THAT easy until people figure out the mechanic. None of them have a dps check.

It’s ok for Chak Gerent to have a dps check, but seriously, bug that lasts for 2 months is not tolerable. Fix SCAR’s cannon already..

There is nothing wrong with breaking the bar. You are supposed to, not just let it sit there. The only problem is that none of the Gerents take the extra damage they’re supposed to when the BB is broke.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Slowpokeking.8720

While I don’t agree with Anet’s direction in HoT, most of the content is acceptable. The only thing that makes me mad is THIS and the horrifying buggy fight of Modremoth in the last chapter of the story.

Posted by: Defiling Treekiller.1632

Defiling Treekiller.1632

So your point that is coming across is that players should not have to get better to succeed at anything in the open world in this game. Well I say to you that if you are so mad and frustrated with this event and its “unfairness” just don’t do it. There are 32 other maps that have brain dead faceroll open world content that you can play and succeed at while those of us that like this event as is HAVE THIS 1 EVENT out of all the maps in the game. I have lived in this map for the last month, Have seen it done by pug groups who listened to people who have succeeded, I have seen it fail from people not listening and playing their own way. My personal success rate with pugs is about 1 in 5 now and yes I think that is fine. What people call organized maps are mostly just dudes like me who enjoy the event win or lose and Tag up, explain our lanes mechanics and goals, put out DPS food(at 3-5 gold a feast out of my own money) and give it our all. The Tags that spam ALL IN CAPS LOCK FOR THE ENTIRE BATTLE are usually the ones that fail by the way. Gerent requires you to move, to dodge and to be useful , no where else in the game is this actually required of a player. If a person does not want to play like this they literally have the rest of HoT and all of Pact Tyria to do what they will in.
I run the SCAR lane , so am used to the breakbar being broken in seconds each time it is up, with positioning , dodging and the right weapons and skill sets I barely go down anymore and many times when my lane is filled with randoms who , like me have lived in here for weeks and done this so many times that we recognize each other by name , well gods below we actually have started acting like a squad with flexible members and have a 90% success rate for bringing our Gerent down. In the last week this has evolved into downing the gerent in 2nd burn more than not. People are getting better at this, they are fixing what is wrong with their builds and gear, with how they position and react to the blue doughnuts and learning to DPS while avoiding that and the charge and the rocks falling. It is a good thing for the game as a whole for its players to become better and if it is the Gerent that is what wakes up the masses to press more than 1 with an occasional 6 along with f spam then I for one welcome it.

TL,DR “The only good bug is a dead bug”- Johnny Rico- Would you like to know more?

Posted by: Defiling Treekiller.1632

Defiling Treekiller.1632

for the record I am probably not an elitist either , since launch I have done 3 fractals total, always despised dungeons and have no plans to raid in any way that won’t entertain me. I played 90% WvW on BG until the matches became stale and manipulated , switched to PvP until Silverwastes release and lived in there until HoT was released. I have no legendaries and wouldn’t for 2 minutes think of caring about one. I have made several sets of ascended armor and weapons for each weight class so maybe that does put me in the elitist class of the game in some people’s minds but to me it is just natural progression in any game to have the best possible gear. I play 90% solo and find others who are doing the same thing when I need bodies around me. I use LFG like a madman to get the map instances I want to be in . Since HoT and because of the gerent event I have joined several guilds that claim to be centered on farming the Metas, most are not what they claim but they are a personal LFG tool that works to network with those of like mind and goals.

I want you to succeed at this Slowpokeking, I want the game community to succeed at this but I don’t think it is the events design that is at fault but rather the lackluster approach that many take to all PVE events in the game. Feel free to message me in game I will taxi you into any attempt I’m in at whatever time of day you want, bring your DPS gear and sharpening stones and I’ll provide the food. We may or may not succeed but when you make sure that You are bringing the most you can to the event and I do the same we only have to worry about 78 other people now lol ,and to me it is fun and profit either way

Posted by: dathamir.4291

dathamir.4291

I don’t know if people would rate “faceroll content” the other events in Magus Fall, but Chak is the hardest I’ve tried. At first I couldn’t even find a map for Dragon stand or Auric Basin, now people actually know how to do it, and they speak about the mechanics in map chat. This way people feel like they can do it and learn from failure. In Chak, the map get organised, people gather then fail and everyone simply walks off, no explanations and map is empty in less than 45 seconds. When they stay, they just get “elistist” spamming map chat with “this map was full of kittenty people, leave if you don’t know your kitten”. I failed twice last week, couldn’t even get people in my lane explain why it failed, even the commander (talk about dedication).

The randomness of the map timer makes everything harder to organise in my opinion. Just put a timer on the side of my screen so I would at least know when is the next event starting and get ready. I want to do it, but I’m not about to spend my entire evening killing trash mobs while waiting for something that will most probably fail anyway. Even when I see TD taxi, I end up with the “this map is empty, move to another map for bonus” popup… well that’s great! I could only find 2 organised maps last week. If not for my head piece and Glint shield, I would already have given up.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

there’s countless zones, and this is one of the very few that is extremely difficult. Personally I like the idea of having at least one zone that will punish more than it gives out – it gives us players more choice, same applies to raids. Not having a feeling that a win is guaranteed or even likely makes the win much more exciting.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Valiant.5078

Valiant.5078

I personally think there’s a place for elite large group content like this. It’s great they have TT already, but having more variation with the TD meta is also good.

There is always the AB meta event which is a ton easier, but at least with the TD meta, there’s this option for the players who want to tackle on a hard and open world meta.

They gave us 4 meta events in the expansion, the other 3 are pretty easy. I think it’s fine having 1 of them at this difficulty. At least it wasn’t DS, since DS is more central to the story than TD. If for every 4 people you ask, you can find one person who likes challenging open world stuff, I think the ratio is fine.

(edited by Valiant.5078)

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I just want to reiterate, for those of you who keep bringing up pugs vs guilds. there has been other content in the game that required organized Guilds to beat them. And that is no longer the case, pugs are now succeeding in that content just fine. Why are you so convinced that this particular event won’t go the same route?

It will never go into the same route if Anet does not fix SCAR first.

Fix the cannon and let it not break the CC bar, but instead, does percentage damage to Chak Gerent will do.

In fact, most players already LEARN the mechanics of all the new HoT maps, but the problem always fall to dps, in particular, SCAR lane issue.

Other meta seems faceroll now not because it’s easy, it’s because players actually get better. Octovine actually has a more complex mechanic, but people now have very high success rate because there’s no dps check. DS blighttower is not THAT easy until people figure out the mechanic. None of them have a dps check.

It’s ok for Chak Gerent to have a dps check, but seriously, bug that lasts for 2 months is not tolerable. Fix SCAR’s cannon already..

There is nothing wrong with breaking the bar. You are supposed to, not just let it sit there. The only problem is that none of the Gerents take the extra damage they’re supposed to when the BB is broke.

Almost every bosses got some types of draw-back when the bar is broken, either delay or bonus damage when their bar is broken. This boss is an exception, which breaking it gives you nothing extra, and making boss uses even deadlier attacks and evade / moving constantly.

You call this a functional design? It looks like a joke really.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I personally think there’s a place for elite large group content like this. It’s great they have TT already, but having more variation with the TD meta is also good.

There is always the AB meta event which is a ton easier, but at least with the TD meta, there’s this option for the players who want to tackle on a hard and open world meta.

They gave us 4 meta events in the expansion, the other 3 are pretty easy. I think it’s fine having 1 of them at this difficulty. At least it wasn’t DS, since DS is more central to the story than TD. If for every 4 people you ask, you can find one person who likes challenging open world stuff, I think the ratio is fine.

The problem is you can’t use the currency/reward you get from AB and use it in TD.

Some people want to get things from TD, so AB being functional means nothing to TD.
TD’s problem need to be solved in TD only.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Remove the garbage mech of “No CC”, make CC on the Gerent works the same like other mobs and that’s all we need.

Nobody is asking faceroll content, we just want to have a >80% winning rate when we spent 15-30 mins to organize.

If you want a 80% win rate, work for it. Asking Anet to nerf the encounter is not the way to go for it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Slowpokeking.8720

So your point that is coming across is that players should not have to get better to succeed at anything in the open world in this game. Well I say to you that if you are so mad and frustrated with this event and its “unfairness” just don’t do it.

How do you make sure pugs could get better? And it’s true, there is a limit to pugs, if it goes too hard they give up the map, like TT.

There are 32 other maps that have brain dead faceroll open world content that you can play and succeed at while those of us that like this event as is HAVE THIS 1 EVENT out of all the maps in the game.

Why should a Open World Meta say no to most of the players?

I have lived in this map for the last month, Have seen it done by pug groups who listened to people who have succeeded, I have seen it fail from people not listening and playing their own way.

How many tries have you made and how is the success rate?

My personal success rate with pugs is about 1 in 5 now and yes I think that is fine.

Others don’t agree, which is why less people are doing this map.

What people call organized maps are mostly just dudes like me who enjoy the event win or lose and Tag up, explain our lanes mechanics and goals, put out DPS food(at 3-5 gold a feast out of my own money) and give it our all. The Tags that spam ALL IN CAPS LOCK FOR THE ENTIRE BATTLE are usually the ones that fail by the way. Gerent requires you to move, to dodge and to be useful , no where else in the game is this actually required of a player. If a person does not want to play like this they literally have the rest of HoT and all of Pact Tyria to do what they will in.

And how do you make sure you have good leaders and players in open world map? If some people don’t want to play like that, how are you going to remove them from the map?

THIS is the biggest question, you are grouping with ppl you don’t even know and might not meet again, you have 0 control over it. Do you see how silly it is to say “l2p” in Open World Meta?

I run the SCAR lane , so am used to the breakbar being broken in seconds each time it is up, with positioning , dodging and the right weapons and skill sets I barely go down anymore and many times when my lane is filled with randoms who , like me have lived in here for weeks and done this so many times that we recognize each other by name , well gods below we actually have started acting like a squad with flexible members and have a 90% success rate for bringing our Gerent down. In the last week this has evolved into downing the gerent in 2nd burn more than not. People are getting better at this, they are fixing what is wrong with their builds and gear, with how they position and react to the blue doughnuts and learning to DPS while avoiding that and the charge and the rocks falling. It is a good thing for the game as a whole for its players to become better and if it is the Gerent that is what wakes up the masses to press more than 1 with an occasional 6 along with f spam then I for one welcome it.

TL,DR “The only good bug is a dead bug”- Johnny Rico- Would you like to know more?

Why bring it up? Most of the time I don’t fail my lane either, of course that has little to do with me.

People are getting better, and after 1 month of the patch we still only have <20% of the success rate?

Slowpokeking.8720

for the record I am probably not an elitist either , since launch I have done 3 fractals total, always despised dungeons and have no plans to raid in any way that won’t entertain me. I played 90% WvW on BG until the matches became stale and manipulated , switched to PvP until Silverwastes release and lived in there until HoT was released. I have no legendaries and wouldn’t for 2 minutes think of caring about one. I have made several sets of ascended armor and weapons for each weight class so maybe that does put me in the elitist class of the game in some people’s minds but to me it is just natural progression in any game to have the best possible gear. I play 90% solo and find others who are doing the same thing when I need bodies around me. I use LFG like a madman to get the map instances I want to be in . Since HoT and because of the gerent event I have joined several guilds that claim to be centered on farming the Metas, most are not what they claim but they are a personal LFG tool that works to network with those of like mind and goals.

Then Listen to what others have said and stop the elitist alike roar.

I want you to succeed at this Slowpokeking, I want the game community to succeed at this but I don’t think it is the events design that is at fault but rather the lackluster approach that many take to all PVE events in the game. Feel free to message me in game I will taxi you into any attempt I’m in at whatever time of day you want, bring your DPS gear and sharpening stones and I’ll provide the food. We may or may not succeed but when you make sure that You are bringing the most you can to the event and I do the same we only have to worry about 78 other people now lol ,and to me it is fun and profit either way

It has little to do with me, I’ve done TT many times and it doesn’t change that it’s a failure as open world meta. What got me mad is that elitists are saying “l2p” “faceroll” like they’ve never played the game.

Slowpokeking.8720

If you want a 80% win rate, work for it. Asking Anet to nerf the encounter is not the way to go for it.

Have you played this game before? How do I affect pugs, those who I’ve never met and probably will not meet again to work for it?

Slowpokeking.8720

But what if other people on the map don’t want to do it? Can you kick them out? How do you know they are good enough or not?

Slowpokeking.8720

Still, until now, after 5 pages.

NONE of the posters even have a >50% success rate with pugs and they claimed it was easy. Since you’ve learned to play, why can’t you even have a 80% success?

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

Ended up in a very well organized pug, that had a lot of people on all lines. They frequently asked non attendees to leave the map, which I think was the major reason for success. I think the entire map population was doing TD at the time.

I was on SCAR lane. We popped our Gerent first, then the other ones went down like houses of cards and I claimed the final mistward piece as well the strongbox behind the door.

2 hours later for the next meta, I was on Nuhoch lane, and it suceeded popping the Gerent, but SCAR lane failed.

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

Players are able to improve. Over time, on average, players will become better.

Slowpokeking.8720

Then why did TT become a ghosttown?

There are already less people doing TD compare to other meta.

Slowpokeking.8720

Just failed again, killed it in my lane and others couldn’t bring theirs down, nobody was stop ccing.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Do you know what else has been a ghost town for three years? Sorrow’s Embrace path 2.

Not everything is going to be easy, not everything is going to be for everyone. If the King of the Jungle meta-event bothers you this much, then just don’t do it. Go to Auric Basin, go to Dragon’s Stand, go wherever else. Some of the content they add is going to be harder than others. Triple Trouble is a fine example of that, but it still gets done.

Personally, I’m on the side of increasing the rewards from the Gerent rather than reducing the difficulty. I only got a single Chak Egg for killing it. We need a lot more than that for the weapons!

Slowpokeking.8720

Do you know what else has been a ghost town for three years? Sorrow’s Embrace path 2.

Not everything is going to be easy, not everything is going to be for everyone. If the King of the Jungle meta-event bothers you this much, then just don’t do it. Go to Auric Basin, go to Dragon’s Stand, go wherever else. Some of the content they add is going to be harder than others. Triple Trouble is a fine example of that, but it still gets done.

Personally, I’m on the side of increasing the rewards from the Gerent rather than reducing the difficulty. I only got a single Chak Egg for killing it. We need a lot more than that for the weapons!

But Open World Meta should be for everyone because you CAN’T decide who is going to be with you. Yes because of so many failures, I choose to go to other meta when there are meta maps.

The thing is that it’s not my fault that the meta couldn’t be done, I know and follow the mech, I helped killed my lane in these runs but others, those who I can’t control have failed. This is the problem, this is why open world meta shouldn’t be too hard. Because you have no control over it.

Posted by: Dammerung.6419

Dammerung.6419

I’ve done this event quite a few times, all with pugs. I’ve never seen it get into the 2nd burn phase. It’s very disheartening to try and try and try at this meta event. Especially when you organize an hour ahead of time and then ultimately fail after 5 minutes. There doesn’t even seem to be taxi’s for the meta anymore and good luck trying to get it done during the day (NA server).

I think the event might be ok if the “no cc” tactic was removed. I have to severely kitten my build because everything I do has some sort of cc attached to it (zerker chrono wells). All my group utility is gone because I can’t drop a timewarp (slow) or my alacrity well (chill). I mean, I guess I could buff the ranged group, but then melee dps is far superior to range dps and this whole thing is a dps check anyways! I can’t even use my beloved greatsword because the phant applies cripple. It’s just an all around frustrating fight where I have to use subpar builds and unfamiliar weapons.

I get that some guilds are looking for fights more like TT. That said, it probably shouldn’t be tied to the final meta event for the map, especially in a new zone where pugs are everywhere doing other things. Preferably you want something that you could just pop onto a semi empty map and get organized without worrying about random pugs on map doing other events, like how TT is. That way for people that struggle to do it, they can just avoid it (like TT again). And then people that want to do it, well you will at least not have the bad pugs hindering you (as much). I mention this because I do this with TT. I’ve never beaten it, I’ve no interest in beating it, and so I can avoid it and let those who want to try go for it without clogging up their map.

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

My gripes with this Meta are as follows:

1. The difficulty is vastly different than the other 3 maps. More difficulty is fine, but this map is way over-tuned when compared to the others. Verdant Brink is just a numbers game. Octovine is pretty much automatic now as long as someone doesn’t kill too early. Dragon’s Stand is also automatic. Some of these may be a tad too easy, but TD is a bit over-tuned.

2. TD is completely unforgiving. Why does failing say the second un-burrowing automatically fail the entire event? That lane still has a third area and should still be given that chance even though they will be behind the DPS race. They should still at least be able to try. I would also like to see one further chance to fight the Gerent when he un-burrows to atatck the canons if the lane failed to kill him in time. Make the cannons slightly tougher and give the players one final shot to try to take him down before he destroys the cannon (would only be viable for those groups that got him down to say 5%).

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

For my feeling, reward alone.TT reward give you absolutely nothing when failed.
And win event didn’t give really good loot either.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

When TDMS runs the event, a dev regularly does it with us. They are paying attention (particularly to Nuhoch lane).

Though I’m not sure the event needs that much of a change. The hardest part is the fact that it is an open world event and you’ve got to deal with pugs. I’ve written at length about that subject. But aside from that… once you get everyone there, I’m not sure exactly how much organization you need.

For Ogre and Rata Novus, you just need the numbers. For SCAR, you need decent ranged DPS when things go sour and Gerent decides to camp in his own AoEs. Nuhoch is the complicated one, but so long as that lane is reserved for competent players, I think a pug map could eventually do it.

Eventually. Now, just enjoy their tears. I am working on a comprehensive guide on how to do the event, and I imagine once I get that out it will help. I still need to run Novus lane, though…

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

You wouldn’t hear 1 complaint on the forums if ANET had not locked the headpiece for the new armor behind this event.

I agree. I think this is where most of the rage is coming from. Not to mention, its a bit silly seeing are the rest are on Core world bosses.

On the other hand, if it didn’t have the headpiece, there would be even fewer ppl doing it.

I’m not doing it now, because of all the problems with it. the headpiece is a reason to do it once. I can live with out it. Unless I luck into a map that’s doing it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

skullmount.1758

The problem is you can’t use the currency/reward you get from AB and use it in TD.

Some people want to get things from TD, so AB being functional means nothing to TD.

If its just the currency that you want, then just to do all the other events on TD, they all reward you with currency (though low amounts).
Now that the chak champs and caches have increased chances at eggs, the only thing really that gerent has for it is the strongbox behind the win (in which you’d only need one win to get the mastery point) and a couple of collection things.

Along with this, I’m pretty sure when TT was released, Anet said something about it not being meant for everyone (tried to google it, but can’t come up with correct wording to get anything from when it was release). TD is the same thing.

IMO normal PUGs are not meant to be able to do every piece of content (or at least not supposed to succeed most of the time). And this is coming from a solo player.

Darkhaven server

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Personally, I’m on the side of increasing the rewards from the Gerent rather than reducing the difficulty.

I agree. If it is going to have the lowest chance of success, it should have the best rewards. Something needs to change.

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

I’m kind of confused where these “hard” metas stand now. We have raids now, they are hard, they are for hardcore people.
Wouldn’t it make sense to ease up these hard metas? Especially ones that are based more on DPS checks (the TD one)?

Ayrilana.1396

I’m kind of confused where these “hard” metas stand now. We have raids now, they are hard, they are for hardcore people.
Wouldn’t it make sense to ease up these hard metas? Especially ones that are based more on DPS checks (the TD one)?

I would agree if they had a steep learning curve like raids with little room for mishaps. There are guilds completing it in as early as the second phase so there’s quite enough wiggle room with DPS for pugs, who are not in full DPS, to beat it. The mechanics for each of the lanes are fairly simple.

Slowpokeking.8720

Along with this, I’m pretty sure when TT was released, Anet said something about it not being meant for everyone (tried to google it, but can’t come up with correct wording to get anything from when it was release). TD is the same thing.

IMO normal PUGs are not meant to be able to do every piece of content (or at least not supposed to succeed most of the time). And this is coming from a solo player.

And TT became ghosttown, even people who want to do it can’t find a group.

PUGS are meant to do Open World Meta because you can’t control the open world population, if you want challenge content, go to raid.

Slowpokeking.8720

I would agree if they had a steep learning curve like raids with little room for mishaps. There are guilds completing it in as early as the second phase so there’s quite enough wiggle room with DPS for pugs, who are not in full DPS, to beat it. The mechanics for each of the lanes are fairly simple.

Not with pugs, I’ve tried so many times since last week because I want to see how hard it is for pugs after the patch. The success rate is still below 25%.

The mechanics are simple, but the DPS check is tight, which means it won’t be much easier even after you know how to do.

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

Until this happens….

Attachments:

skullmount.1758

And TT became ghosttown, even people who want to do it can’t find a group.

PUGS are meant to do Open World Meta because you can’t control the open world population, if you want challenge content, go to raid.

Theres a difference between hardcore (raids) and challenging/coordinated (TT/TD) content. Theres room for challenging (usually only due to having to coordinate) in the open world, which is currently 2 out of all the world bosses. I don’t think thats a bad ratio.
And TT/TD may become a ghost town, but those that stick with it will all be people who learned how and whats needed to get it done (thus weeding out those that just want to leech and/or not evolve/better themselves) which in turn should make it possible to get more wins.

Darkhaven server

Ayrilana.1396

Not with pugs, I’ve tried so many times since last week because I want to see how hard it is for pugs after the patch. The success rate is still below 25%.

The mechanics are simple, but the DPS check is tight, which means it won’t be much easier even after you know how to do.

The pug groups were not performing well. They don’t need to be on par with coordinated guilds but they still could do much better.

Slowpokeking.8720

Theres a difference between hardcore (raids) and challenging/coordinated (TT/TD) content. Theres room for challenging (usually only due to having to coordinate) in the open world, which is currently 2 out of all the world bosses. I don’t think thats a bad ratio.
And TT/TD may become a ghost town, but those that stick with it will all be people who learned how and whats needed to get it done (thus weeding out those that just want to leech and/or not evolve/better themselves) which in turn should make it possible to get more wins.

You can’t even control the population there, how are you even going to find challenge? Try to take the boss alone?

Actually I was willing to learn, but I couldn’t find a group to try it. Individuals meant little in open world events. The biggest challenge it brought is to find groups.

Slowpokeking.8720

The pug groups were not performing well. They don’t need to be on par with coordinated guilds but they still could do much better.

and how are you going to make sure they will perform well? you can’t even kick them out if they just want to do HP.

This is OPEN WORLD, not instance.

Ayrilana.1396

and how are you going to make sure they will perform well? you can’t even kick them out if they just want to do HP.

This is OPEN WORLD, not instance.

People tend to get better with time. A lot of DPS is lost because players take too much damage when fighting the gerent.

Whether it’s open world or instanced doesn’t matter. Just because something is open world does not mean that it must be inherently easy that practically anyone can do it with ease.

Slowpokeking.8720

People tend to get better with time. A lot of DPS is lost because players take too much damage when fighting the gerent.

Whether it’s open world or instanced doesn’t matter. Just because something is open world does not mean that it must be inherently easy that practically anyone can do it with ease.

What do you mean “People”? Some people will get better, some won’t, and how are you going to know are they good or not when you enter the map? Even if you do it with a good group, you might not meet them next time. Even if people tend to learn, you might meet newbies next time.

Not this garbage again, are you saying that spend much effort to find map, take 15-30 mins or even hours to organize and couldn’t beat it at a >80% rate, is simply “not inherently easy”? Right not the rate is less than 25%.

Valiant.5078

This is true, but you are already able to get the currency for TD without a successful TD meta? What are the rewards for a successful TD meta completion?

Slowpokeking.8720

In open world meta, it’s not like “People who didn’t want to do it leave, others stay”. Meta require a lot of people to do it. When most of them think it’s not worthy to try or too hard or they got what they want. The rest would not even be able to find a map to do it, and they will lose interest soon. I’ve had such experience with TT for a long while.

Valiant.5078

But what if other people on the map don’t want to do it? Can you kick them out? How do you know they are good enough or not?

You don’t, that’s what makes Open World meta events more fun. Seeing if a large group as a whole can take it on and complete it. Even if the meta is high failure, I don’t see why that’s a bad thing? There’s more of an accomplishment if you do get part of a group that completes it. Why take that away?

Future living world updates/expansions will be bringing in meta events since that seems to be the direction they are taking. Having a handful difficult ones out of all of them gives more options for players on what they want to do. Options are good, right?

Slowpokeking.8720

You don’t, that’s what makes Open World meta events more fun. Seeing if a large group as a whole can take it on and complete it. Even if the meta is high failure, I don’t see why that’s a bad thing? There’s more of an accomplishment if you do get part of a group that completes it. Why take that away?

Future living world updates/expansions will be bringing in meta events since that seems to be the direction they are taking. Having a handful difficult ones out of all of them gives more options for players on what they want to do. Options are good, right?

It is a bad thing, people found the effort they spent is not worthy, especially with all the other meta with certain success. Even if some people want to do it, they would not be able to find a group since most have left. THIS is why TT became a ghost town. This is a game, very few people enjoy constant failure and minor rewards compare to other easy meta+more gold+more reward+little chance to get a super rare, especially in open meta which you can’t control the people. Understand that.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

People tend to get better with time.

Or stop trying. Or the content gets nerfed.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November