The Chak Gerent is just fine

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Valiant.5078

Valiant.5078

It is a bad thing, people found the effort they spent is not worthy, especially with all the other meta with certain success. Even if some people want to do it, they would not be able to find a group since most have left. THIS is why TT became a ghost town. This is a game, very few people enjoy constant failure and minor rewards compare to other easy meta+more gold+more reward+little chance to get a super rare, especially in open meta which you can’t control the people. Understand that.

If they remove it, there would be no more option for players to do it. I can’t see why having less options is a good thing, when I would honestly prefer to have more variety than less. This would cater towards the most number of players, right?

People who don’t think the reward is enough shouldn’t do it. This probably isn’t there thing. Perhaps the cost of joining an organized guild for it is too much. Or they don’t believe the effort associated with the expected reward is worth it for the difficulty.

At the same time, for people who really want the reward, what stops them in trying to get into an organized guild just for it? For some people the effort put in and the accomplishment is reward enough for it, I don’t see why we need to take that away from those particular players?

TT is a ghost town for pugs. But the players who like that accomplishment and the achievements associated with it, figure out which timeslots are the best, and join the guilds who run them successfully or at least stalk LFG to get into that map.

In my opinion, there is indeed a place for hard content like this in the open world. You just don’t get the same feeling from hard instanced content like raids. So much more satisfying knowing another 100 players are with you accomplishing successfully that particular goal. Rewards or no, isn’t that sense of accomplishment a reward too? Not to mention a whole lot of fun for those who like that?

I don’t see why we need to have every meta event to be easy as pie. As long as we have enough of those to go around, it’s great that there’s a handful that are at this difficulty.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

People tend to get better with time. A lot of DPS is lost because players take too much damage when fighting the gerent.

Whether it’s open world or instanced doesn’t matter. Just because something is open world does not mean that it must be inherently easy that practically anyone can do it with ease.

What do you mean “People”? Some people will get better, some won’t, and how are you going to know are they good or not when you enter the map? Even if you do it with a good group, you might not meet them next time. Even if people tend to learn, you might meet newbies next time.

Not this garbage again, are you saying that spend much effort to find map, take 15-30 mins or even hours to organize and couldn’t beat it at a >80% rate, is simply “not inherently easy”? Right not the rate is less than 25%.

I’m using people generically as I’m not going to label every single possible group that someone can fit it. Yes, some players will get better while others won’t. This is largely up to that particular player and whether they choose to allow themselves to get better.

From my experience, there are more people that are willing to learn and make the effort to get better than not. These people will outweigh those that choose not to. The a TD meta is forgiving enough to allow this. You just need to allow enough time to get a certain percentage of the player base to the level where it can be completed on a consistent basis similar to how Teq, Tarir, Marionnete, VW, and so on we’re done.

It doesn’t take more than a few minutes to find a map and populate it. AB maps tend to fill up in about that time. It just takes people to put up LFG posts to ferry people into the map. It also doesn’t take more than 5-10 min to organize so long as people are attentive and listen to the commanders. It’ll still take time for the playerbase to be able to beat it at the same percentage as AB.

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

If they remove it, there would be no more option for players to do it. I can’t see why having less options is a good thing, when I would honestly prefer to have more variety than less. This would cater towards the most number of players, right?

There are so many meta events to try, there are raids to play. It’s actually reducing most of the players’ option to have fun, building some few player’s fun upon other’s pain and frustration.

People who don’t think the reward is enough shouldn’t do it. This probably isn’t there thing. Perhaps the cost of joining an organized guild for it is too much. Or they don’t believe the effort associated with the expected reward is worth it for the difficulty.

Then you found EVEN if you want to do it, there aren’t enough people, exactly like TT. This is open world, personal will matters little.

At the same time, for people who really want the reward, what stops them in trying to get into an organized guild just for it?

Because being part of a guild means that you have to do things for others, not just let others do things for you. A lot of people just want to do some meta, not to do raids and other hardcore stuff throughout the game.

Why should open world meta require elite guild to do it? They have raids already.

For some people the effort put in and the accomplishment is reward enough for it, I don’t see why we need to take that away from those particular players?

They can’t find enough people to do? Everytime they came to the map they only found ghosttown like I once did for a long while.

Or they found it’s too time consuming and the frustration is too much to endure like what I’ve experiencing now? This is a game, not work.

TT is a ghost town for pugs. But the players who like that accomplishment and the achievements associated with it, figure out which timeslots are the best, and join the guilds who run them successfully or at least stalk LFG to get into that map.

Who? For a long while I check from day to night PST and no pug was doing it.

In my opinion, there is indeed a place for hard content like this in the open world. You just don’t get the same feeling from hard instanced content like raids. So much more satisfying knowing another 100 players are with you accomplishing successfully that particular goal. Rewards or no, isn’t that sense of accomplishment a reward too? Not to mention a whole lot of fun for those who like that?

I don’t see why we need to have every meta event to be easy as pie. As long as we have enough of those to go around, it’s great that there’s a handful that are at this difficulty.

There are raids, if you want do it go inside. Open World are for everyone, simple logic. Many people don’t enjoy it at all. Everytime there are argument and blames throughout the channel. Some who wanted to enjoy it found boring constant failure or not even enough people doing it.

Garbage again, nobody is asking for a pie, just a meta which people spent 15-30 mins or an hour to organize, could have a >80% success rate than <25%.

Slowpokeking.8720

I’m using people generically as I’m not going to label every single possible group that someone can fit it. Yes, some players will get better while others won’t. This is largely up to that particular player and whether they choose to allow themselves to get better.

Most of people leave if it’s too hard.

From my experience, there are more people that are willing to learn and make the effort to get better than not. These people will outweigh those that choose not to. The a TD meta is forgiving enough to allow this. You just need to allow enough time to get a certain percentage of the player base to the level where it can be completed on a consistent basis similar to how Teq, Tarir, Marionnete, VW, and so on we’re done.

No, most of the people will listen but to a degree, when it’s way too hard they leave. The success rate of TD Meta is a solid proof of it. Enough time? It’s been more than a month now and what happened? More and more people are doing VB, AB and DS, SW is always filled with people but it’s much more difficult to even find a TD map.

It doesn’t take more than a few minutes to find a map and populate it. AB maps tend to fill up in about that time. It just takes people to put up LFG posts to ferry people into the map. It also doesn’t take more than 5-10 min to organize so long as people are attentive and listen to the commanders. It’ll still take time for the playerbase to be able to beat it at the same percentage as AB.

It does, if you enter a random map you will see people are not willing to do it and there are HP groups, even if you taxi in people they are not going to stay if they think it’s not organized enough. Even if they listen, they still have little chance to succeed, which is why many people would rather choose other meta.

Time? Let me tell you, organized AB already got a >75% winning rate after less than 4 days of HoT’s release. It’s been a month since HoT had released and almost a week after the patch, the pug success rate is still lower than 25-30%

Slowpokeking.8720

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-December-1-2015/first#post5823470

It’s been 5 days since the release now.

I’m willing to bet that by this Wednesday, 1 week after they fix the bug, the success rate of pugs will still be lower than 50%. Anyone willing to bet with me?

Posted by: Valiant.5078

Valiant.5078

Meta event guilds are just fine for meta events. You don’t need to help/do anything else with them. If anything, use it as a way to figure out when the TT guilds run their weekly TT. People usually Taxi into those maps anyways, so I’m not really sure why you’re missing out. I would suggest finding when they get run, and hop in with them. Guilds aren’t needed, organization is. Guilds just tend to be more organized as a whole.

Just avoid the meta event if its frustrating. You don’t have to play it? Is there a reward on that successful meta event that you are aiming for?

Slowpokeking.8720

Meta event guilds are just fine for meta events. You don’t need to help/do anything else with them. If anything, use it as a way to figure out when the TT guilds run their weekly TT. People usually Taxi into those maps anyways, so I’m not really sure why you’re missing out. I would suggest finding when they get run, and hop in with them. Guilds aren’t needed, organization is. Guilds just tend to be more organized as a whole.

Just avoid the meta event if its frustrating. You don’t have to play it? Is there a reward on that successful meta event that you are aiming for?

If you join, you need to do things to help others, that’s what guilds are for. Why should open world meta be totally rely on guild? It’s open world meta and why should most of the player being gated from it?

Slowpokeking.8720

Another try with pugs, 2 lane won and 2 lanes fail, 1/6 success rate since patch.

Slowpokeking.8720

I am very willing to bet that by tomorrow, the success rate with pugs will still be way lower than 50%, anyone want to bet with me?

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Along with this, I’m pretty sure when TT was released, Anet said something about it not being meant for everyone (tried to google it, but can’t come up with correct wording to get anything from when it was release). TD is the same thing.

IMO normal PUGs are not meant to be able to do every piece of content (or at least not supposed to succeed most of the time). And this is coming from a solo player.

And TT became ghosttown, even people who want to do it can’t find a group.

PUGS are meant to do Open World Meta because you can’t control the open world population, if you want challenge content, go to raid.

Theres a difference between hardcore (raids) and challenging/coordinated (TT/TD) content. Theres room for challenging (usually only due to having to coordinate) in the open world, which is currently 2 out of all the world bosses. I don’t think thats a bad ratio.
And TT/TD may become a ghost town, but those that stick with it will all be people who learned how and whats needed to get it done (thus weeding out those that just want to leech and/or not evolve/better themselves) which in turn should make it possible to get more wins.

Actually there’s no room for error for TT as compare to Gerent.

You NEED to bring certain classes. You NEED to eat food. You NEED to have dedicated might provider to maintain 25 stacks of might.

If you think you don’t need min/max for TT, it means you’re actually being carried by guilds who actually do min/max.

Ayrilana.1396

Here’s a question for people who view this thread as I’m not sure of what the answer is. How long did it take before Teq was on farm status?

Slowpokeking.8720

Here’s a question for people who view this thread as I’m not sure of what the answer is. How long did it take before Teq was on farm status?

How long had TT been a ghost town?

Right now it’s going to the opposite direction of “more people are willing to try it” .

Are you willing to bet with me? I have 200g.

Slowpokeking.8720

Come on, where did all the ppl go? Free 200g to spare, just need the easy TD Meta to have a 50% success rate with pugs by tomorrow.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Right now it’s going to the opposite direction of “more people are willing to try it” .

Are you willing to bet with me? I have 200g.

TT gets done several times per day by several different communities.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Ayrilana.1396

Rewards for TT are also not the greatest compared to the time spent. One of the larger complaints about that boss.

Slowpokeking.8720

That’s present time, for a long while it became a ghost town, I’ve tried for months to find a group, nop, no taxi, no map other than some guild run.

Now, are you willing to bet that the success rate of TD Meta with pugs will be above 50% by tomorrow? Free 200g to spare!

Slowpokeking.8720

Rewards for TT are also not the greatest compared to the time spent. One of the larger complaints about that boss.

Same thing for TD, compare to the time to find a map and organize, other metas are way better like SW.

This isn’t the era of Teq as well, which we have few super meta, SW, Teq, AB and DS all gave very good reward and they are much easier to finish.

Now, are you willing to bet that the success rate of TD Meta with pugs will be above 50% by tomorrow? Free 200g to spare!

Ayrilana.1396

Same thing for TD, compare to the time to find a map and organize, other metas are way better like SW.

This isn’t the era of Teq as well, which we have few super meta, SW, Teq, AB and DS all gave very good reward and they are much easier to finish.

It takes 10 minutes to set up and the entire meta is 15 min.

DS chest is pretty much the same as the TD with the exception being a slightly different loot table. DS requires at least an hour commitment compared to TD which requires less than that. AB is about a 20-25 commitment with the primary loot being from the chests that you only get a few keys for when doing the defend tarir.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Slowpokeking.8720

No, you need luck to find a map first, which you need to start check 30mins-1hour before the map, or you have to bet yourself lucky.

The organization will also take longer to do, if people get taxi in and don’t see it organized at least 20 mins before the meta starts, they usually leave.

But DS has a much higher success rate and you get all the loots/exp on the way, not just the final chest.

Malediktus.9250

That’s present time, for a long while it became a ghost town, I’ve tried for months to find a group, nop, no taxi, no map other than some guild run.

Its not present time, ever since it reached farm status. Basically every day I want to do TT I find at least 3 communities on EU who are doing it.

Slowpokeking.8720

Its not present time, ever since it reached farm status. Basically every day I want to do TT I find at least 3 communities on EU who are doing it.

I live in US, things are different here.

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

TD nowadays all comes down to luck. You either have good luck that your fellow players are in Exotic Beserker gear (or other damage gear) and you are able to DPS the bosses down in time. Or you have bad luck and your fellow players are wearing Masterwork gear, remaining dead on the ground, or just completely ignoring the mechanics of the fight.

My personal success rate for TD is 0%. Lately my runs have gotten through all 3 burn phases more often than not but every time at least one lane doesn’t have the DPS and the event fails. Other bosses like Teq are much more forgiving when it comes to raw DPS than the TD meta.

Ayrilana.1396

So which is it? In the first post you claim that it is a “ghost town” and in the second you do not. In the second post you even agree that TT gets done several times a day.

Slowpokeking.8720

So which is it? In the first post you claim that it is a “ghost town” and in the second you do not. In the second post you even agree that TT gets done several times a day.

There are people doing it now, but for a long long while, it’s truly a ghost town, I try to check it everyday near all the timers and nobody was doing it.

Now, are you willing to bet with me or not?

Ayrilana.1396

No, you need luck to find a map first, which you need to start check 30mins-1hour before the map, or you have to bet yourself lucky.

The organization will also take longer to do, if people get taxi in and don’t see it organized at least 20 mins before the meta starts, they usually leave.

But DS has a much higher success rate and you get all the loots/exp on the way, not just the final chest.

You do not need to set up that far in advance. You select a map, ferry people onto it. You can fill the map in about 5 minutes depending on the time of day. It helps to have the four commanders beforehand as people tend to leave if they don’t think it is organized. Setting up only takes 10 minutes at most as all you’re doing is splitting people into four squads and have those commanders explain the mechanics.

Well you can consider all of the TD meta event chains for the four camps then if you’re going to count the DS events.

Ayrilana.1396

There are people doing it now, but for a long long while, it’s truly a ghost town, I try to check it everyday near all the timers and nobody was doing it.

Now, are you willing to bet with me or not?

I’m not going to bet with you on something that takes time for people as a whole to learn. You seem to be under the impression that this should be faceroll easy that people can master in little time.

Slowpokeking.8720

You do not need to set up that far in advance. You select a map, ferry people onto it. You can fill the map in about 5 minutes depending on the time of day. It helps to have the four commanders beforehand as people tend to leave if they don’t think it is organized. Setting up only takes 10 minutes at most as all you’re doing is splitting people into four squads and have those commanders explain the mechanics.

Well you can consider all of the TD meta event chains for the four camps then if you’re going to count the DS events.

You need to find a map first. And people will lose confidence if they see it was not organized(not just tags) because this meta is very hard. Also 10 mins usually it a bit too tight for pugs to organize, especially if you taxi ppl in so late.

But people are not bothered to do it because the meta is based on the timer, not progress. Also if DS’ difficulty was that high, it would also have been different.

(edited by Slowpokeking.8720)

Slowpokeking.8720

I’m not going to bet with you on something that takes time for people as a whole to learn. You seem to be under the impression that this should be faceroll easy that people can master in little time.

When HoT had been out for a week other metas have way higher success rate. It doesn’t take that long to learn.

It has been a month since release and one week since the bug is fixed, I’m not even asking people to master, just a >50%, only 50% chance to win as pugs after so long.

Ayrilana.1396

When HoT had been out for a week other metas have way higher success rate. It doesn’t take that long to learn.

It has been a month since release and one week since the bug is fixed, I’m not even asking people to master, just a >50%, only 50% chance to win as pugs after so long.

It’s because they were easy. AB has a very lax timer as does DS. DS only became successful because people went with the circle strategy instead of the designed one. Not saying that the circle strategy is wrong. You’re not going to get a 50% success rate this soon.

Ayrilana.1396

You need to find a map first. And people will lose confidence if they see it was not organized(not just tags) because this meta is very hard. Also 10 mins usually it a bit too tight for pugs to organize, especially if you taxi ppl in so late.

But people are not bothered to do it because the meta is based on the timer, not progress. Also if DS’ difficulty was that high, it would also have been different.

People need to find a map first? It’s not that difficult to just hop onto a map and ferry people on to it. If you require all of the events to be done then you can include the time it takes to do the events for VB, DS, SW, and AB to beat those metas.

Setting up in 10 minutes is not difficult. All you’re doing is splitting into four squads. If that takes more than 10 minutes then there’s issues outside of the game.

Slowpokeking.8720

It’s because they were easy. AB has a very lax timer as does DS. DS only became successful because people went with the circle strategy instead of the designed one. Not saying that the circle strategy is wrong. You’re not going to get a 50% success rate this soon.

Why should it be so hard then? The reward aren’t better.

It has been a month and you said not this soon?

Slowpokeking.8720

People need to find a map first? It’s not that difficult to just hop onto a map and ferry people on to it. If you require all of the events to be done then you can include the time it takes to do the events for VB, DS, SW, and AB to beat those metas.

Setting up in 10 minutes is not difficult. All you’re doing is splitting into four squads. If that takes more than 10 minutes then there’s issues outside of the game.

Yes, very few people are willing to start a map. Most of the ppl don’t want to do those events as well.

It is for pugs. They make all the mistakes and being late.

Malediktus.9250

Then US is lazy and poorly organised.

Slowpokeking.8720

Then US is lazy and poorly organised.

Then let’s bet on your EU server for a success rate of 50% in pug group by tomorrow?

Ayrilana.1396

Why should it be so hard then? The reward aren’t better.

It has been a month and you said not this soon?

Why should it not be? It’s a design choice that Anet made to make this meta a little more difficult than the others.

I’d start the timer as of when the patch was released rather than a month or two ago. Many people got frustrated with the RNG fails at Nuhoch.

Ayrilana.1396

Yes, very few people are willing to start a map. Most of the ppl don’t want to do those events as well.

It is for pugs. They make all the mistakes and being late.

Then the issue is with the players rather than the event itself.

Slowpokeking.8720

Why should it not be? It’s a design choice that Anet made to make this meta a little more difficult than the others.

I’d start the timer as of when the patch was released rather than a month or two ago. Many people got frustrated with the RNG fails at Nuhoch.

And it resulted that people are not doing it well.

It has been 1 week already, tell me the success rate?

Slowpokeking.8720

How are you going to pick players in open map then? This is the biggest problem.

Finally got 1 win, I don’t need to be bothered by this meta ever again.

Ayrilana.1396

And it resulted that people are not doing it well.

It has been 1 week already, tell me the success rate?

It’s improving.

Ayrilana.1396

How are you going to pick players in open map then? This is the biggest problem.

Finally got 1 win, I don’t need to be bothered by this meta ever again.

You don’t need to pick players. There’s enough room for error with the event that you don’t need perfection.

Posted by: milo.7198

milo.7198

Gerent event, in its current state is poisonous.

In one squad I had joined, on this past saturday, the commander told me to ping my armor and equipment. I asked why and was promptly booted from the squad and asked to taxi to a different server so “people who were qualified to play” could be taxied in .

What changed to make people act this way? I don’t remember Ever encountering that bad of an attitude, before, in GW2.

Ayrilana.1396

Gerent event, in its current state is poisonous.

In one squad I had joined, on this past saturday, the commander told me to ping my armor and equipment. I asked why and was promptly booted from the squad and asked to taxi to a different server so “people who were qualified to play” could be taxied in .

What changed to make people act this way? I don’t remember Ever encountering that bad of an attitude, before, in GW2.

That almost never happens and is not representative of how the atmosphere of the meta normally is. I’m sorry that you ran into someone like that.

Slowpokeking.8720

You don’t need to pick players. There’s enough room for error with the event that you don’t need perfection.

For pugs there aren’t, otherwise why couldn’t we get a >50% win rate now?

Malediktus.9250

Because a lot of pugs are usually lazy and do not put in any effort to deserve the win. The decent pugs already organised themselves in communities.

Slowpokeking.8720

Because a lot of pugs are usually lazy and do not put in any effort to deserve the win. The decent pugs already organised themselves in communities.

And you can’t avoid most of the pugs.

Posted by: DWang.3710

DWang.3710

LUCK kills it every time through Map Chat, EZPZ

Ayrilana.1396

Yes there is. Like I’ve said several times already, people are still learning.

Posted by: Defiling Treekiller.1632

Defiling Treekiller.1632

dude put your TD cross down, you don’t like it , you don’t want to do it under the conditions that exist, we all freakin get it. well as said before don’t do it then. once again you and those who don’t like/want to do it have 30+ other maps to be in where all the events are doable with anyone wearing anything. your crusade against the difficulty/mechanics of the gerent sucks. have fun go back to queensdale or wherever it is that you find enjoyment in the game and leave the 1 map that has something that other people enjoy alone. seriously give it up, git gud whatever you gotta do .
the best thing that could come from this jolly bag of a thread would be that people reading it become aware of the need to employ certain gear and play styles to do this event with success

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

I actually like the event a lot, considering I have done it about 20 times and haven’t beat it yet. I try leading SCAR quite often, but people rarely listen to my instructions and it’s about 50/50 if we kill him.

Discussion aside, is there anyone I can get into contact with to help with a guild organized run? Feel free to send a message, much appreciated.

Edit: Just had a random group where all lanes were 50-60% after first phase. Then nuhoch failed stomps by 1. I shed a single tear.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

(edited by Kysin.6349)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Another pug kill tonight.

Bringing my Pug group kills to 2 and Guild group kills to 0.

Not sure why this is the case but it is.