The Small Things you want from HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

So the big new features get the spotlight, as they should, I was musing on the little things that could change in the game. I’m not talking gameplay changes, but just small little touches in the expansion.

I’d love to see little social additions to the game. New emotes would be a good start. Given people’s love of the PVP side, taunts would actually be fun.

Honestly, half the fun of GW2 is just hanging out at Lion’s Arch, enjoying a goofy map chat, maybe goofing around with a Box of Fun, or having an impromptu dance off. I remember when Fiery Greatswords were being nerfed, a bunch of people in LA were just hanging near the Mystic Forge spamming Fiery Greatsword skills.

And I dunno… I remember in Destiny, one of the useless but fun things was just kicking around the ball in The Tower. Stuff like that, maybe have a ball you can pass to others. Have a small activity available in the big hubs of the city, that people just standing around between runs can goof around with. Like, maybe have people able to throw coins into the Lion’s Arch fountain when rebuilt. Pointless, but fun, something to just goof around with between runs.

In general, one of the under-appreciated things about MMOs are things you do when you’re not doing the typical questing and dungeons.

Part of the reason I love Fishing in other MMOs is because its just a fun way to just screw around for a bit when you still want to play, but don’t feel like doing another dungeon run or something. I wouldn’t mind if we got fishing.

Little easter eggs and small changes in the world would be nice. Maybe have a few NPCs mention the Pact’s defeat, or the turning of the Sylvari in conversation. The vines cropping up around the world during the LS was a nice touch, I’d like to see more of that.

What are some minor additions and changes that you feel would improve the game?

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

I would love to see the world progress on a global scale.

Not only am I referring to the rebuild of LA, but, for example, I want to see how the relationship between Humans & Charr have developed. This whole treaty talk is still busy, but we are almost 3 years later now. And much more.

This will give us not only a whole new region to explore, but make it worth it to revisit the core content.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I want a toggle option to turn off the Engineer kit backpacks, in PVE at the very least.

Posted by: Abdulaziz.1496

Abdulaziz.1496

I want a toggle option to turn off the Engineer kit backpacks, in PVE at the very least.

Or at least re-design them.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

I still really want a hat collection.

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

I want a “use/open all” button to avoid pointless clicking.. If that where the only new thing in the expansion i think i would still buy it.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

1. More pets.
2. Yes, use/open all option!
3. Less trench coats.
4. Cabinet for Endless Tonics.
5. Wallet use for Bloodstone dusts, ore, etc.
6. Another method, other than Mawdrey II, to use Bloodstone dust.
7. Something like the Star of Gratitude for the Bloodstone ore.
8. Lion’s Arch rebuilt.
9. A slot on our account for the Salvage-o-Matic.
10. A trophy cabinet or area in our home instant for certain items. Mini Hall of Monuments in other words.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: MrGladiusii.7281

MrGladiusii.7281

Not really for me, but I know it would please a lot of people if an actual /duel system was in place.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

In addition to others’ thoughts:

1) Redesigned character select screen

• Includes actual scenery (like in GW1) of the area that the character is located
  • Also includes a lighting toggle to switch a character’s scene between nighttime and daytime and whose state is remembered across log-ins (no more blinding white background)
  • Character portraits that the snapshot is taken after the character has loaded and physics have settled so we no longer have bucktooth/squeezed chin/“holy crap!” wide eyed characters in the portraits
  • A button that enables locking the order of our characters to where we can drag the portraits to organize them in a specific order or switch it off to have the current ‘last active’ character first as it is now (I’d prefer a rotational style character selection of the actual rendered characters and the portrait section should be toggleable for those that prefer selection via portrait instead of rotating/flipping through rendered characters)
  • Currently equipped weapon set as well as back pieces being visible on the rendered characters
| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

More world-accessible minis

Continue using the Wallet (stupid bandit badges, geodes, etc… gosh darn it!)

Saved templates or macros for gear/trait swap-outs

Expanded bank and personal storage options

Subtle new events/lore added to existing zones

Tutorial text when new systems are introduced (How in the world will people figure out Carapace→Luminescent armor a year from now? In-game should be better than google)

Method to condense Bloodstone and other ascended materials

Posted by: SolidGold.7958

SolidGold.7958

I want some sort of trackable questline for getting ascended/legendary gear. Just a tangible in-game check list that shows me what I need, how much of it, how much I have, what combines into what, etc. The biggest reason I haven’t started working on ascended/legendary gear is it’s just so confusing for me, even when reading the wiki. There’s so many items, and I don’t understand what combines into what. If there was some sort of in-game checklist I could use, I’d definitely start working on that. I’m not asking them to give me anything for free, I just want something to show the steps involved, and to track my progress so I understand what’s left for me to do.

This girl misses Cantha and her Ritualist.

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Being able to hide the rest of your armour parts.

I don’t understand why we can only hide headpiece, shoulders, gloves and backpiece, but not our footwear?

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]