The charr gliding animation

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Mahei.6192

Mahei.6192

This probably sounds petty but I can assure you it is of utmost importance.

The gliding animation for charr looks awful. Please place move their arms so that they face behind them like humans instead of pushing forward. The current animation is incredibly awkward looking and I believe it would look much better if charr held the same pose as humans.

I’ve attached pics of my human and charrs gliding for comparison

Attachments:

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Graphical issues with charr? What a ******* surprise.

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

Speak for yourself I like the arms being out like superman its funny, and there is nothing graphically wrong with chart gliding from what I saw

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: Mahei.6192

Mahei.6192

Speak for yourself I like the arms being out like superman its funny, and there is nothing graphically wrong with chart gliding from what I saw

My problem isn’t with clipping or anything like that, I just don’t like how clumsy it looks. Other races have such an elegant pose while the Charr is reaching out for an invisible trapeze or something.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

may be it’s a reflex thing you know. since charr moves on all 4 limbs. So they unconciously do that pose to prepare for landing and such
;)

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

I think its histerical and want them to keep it I laughed really hard at my guy trying to be like superman I think they did this though because of the whole flying squirrel thing

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: Yoshiro.8170

Yoshiro.8170

Actually i would like alot more if the other races were like that, superman flying style ftw ^^

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I think the cat reflex would be a nice way to explain it. It looks fine if you ask me, a cat always prepares for landing. A shame humans would land nose down into the dirt if something goes wrong with that pose right? :P

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

I like the Asura style better.

Attachments: