The class getting Shouts is the Necromancer

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Seems like, with this wave, they are planning on porting some of the types, so that any future rune support is not always limited to a single profession.

So, for example, Shouts and Traps will be shared by 3 professions, but something like Tricks or Clones might remain exclusive to Thieves/Mesmers.

Then, future specs could either introduce new types, or reuse some of the types the profession already has access to, like giving new Kits to Engineers.

Posted by: Darkwolfer.7819

Darkwolfer.7819

So Caladbolg is a living sword. The sword in the picture has eyeballs which suggest it is living. And well Jory’s sword is infused with her sister’s spirit (kind of like living?). Maybe this is some clue-in to what the abilities will be?

Shouts seem likely but I’m thinking of something more inline with what a living sword would do… I just can’t think of that now.

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

So Caladbolg is a living sword. The sword in the picture has eyeballs which suggest it is living. And well Jory’s sword is infused with her sister’s spirit (kind of like living?). Maybe this is some clue-in to what the abilities will be?

Shouts seem likely but I’m thinking of something more inline with what a living sword would do… I just can’t think of that now.

I’d very much enjoy a style similar to what Melia did in Xenoblade Chronicles (only with ghosts in this case). Summon them once and they give a party-wide buff, activate them and it causes an attack. And instead of the “cast enough to go in supercharge” thing, make a F2 that infuses all currently active ghosts into the Great Sword for major wreckage.

Sadly that’d be much too cool and would not fit any of the current skilltypes. So meh.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: Mar.4839

Mar.4839

I highly doubt Necromancer will get another set of minion-like gameplay when it already has one.

These Elite specs seem to be introducing capabilities the profession never had access to before (Rangers getting to wield magic, Mesmers wielding time, Guardians becoming more physical than magical)

Necromancers will probably also become more fighter-like, I’m hoping like a hexblade of some sort. Weapon attacks that synergize physical/condition damage well (like how they did with Dragonhunter) with more shifted toward debuffing enemies as a way to provide support to keep with dark magic themes.

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

I highly doubt Necromancer will get another set of minion-like gameplay when it already has one.

These Elite specs seem to be introducing capabilities the profession never had access to before (Rangers getting to wield magic, Mesmers wielding time, Guardians becoming more physical than magical)

Necromancers will probably also become more fighter-like, I’m hoping like a hexblade of some sort. Weapon attacks that synergize physical/condition damage well (like how they did with Dragonhunter) with more shifted toward debuffing enemies as a way to provide support to keep with dark magic themes.

That wouldn’t be minions, it would just be hovering, glowing orbs that indicate the type of -basically- aura you have active.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: Mar.4839

Mar.4839

Ah ok, that sounds like the Revenant’s orbs in its Invocation trait line almost. Except more than just being an hp bubble.

It certainly doesn’t fit into any skill type currently, but I do like your idea of infusing our weapons.

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Still calling Elementalist as the shout class:

1) It would be weird, and ANet likes weird.
2) Um.. tempests (storms) are generally loud/noisy?

Not so sure on that mechanically as the can trips already kind of fit the same general feel of shouts, unless the want to make them closer to ranger shouts in nature which would just make them a waste of development time/effort.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Elementalist won’t get full set of utility skills, just one new elite. It is cuz we will get new attument(or aspects mechanic) and fixed arcanas/glyphs/conjures. >

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Necro confirmed as getting shouts.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro