The trinity

The trinity

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Conditions are broken,while other stats toughness,vitality,healing can enjoy their sustain, my damage is impaired by others even if they don’t notice it or trying to. They can play how they want and not be limited different story for conditions,they don’t even get an end of the stick.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

The trinity

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

@fantasticg Everything you say is nonsense. Arguing with nonsense is… nonsensical. Not going to bother any more.

What you’re saying is obviously wrong to anyone who knows the game even remotely well.

The trinity

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

@fantasticg Everything you say is nonsense. Arguing with nonsense is… nonsensical. Not going to bother any more.

What you’re saying is obviously wrong to anyone who knows the game even remotely well.

It’s not aruging, my dear boy, when I was right the entire time… and if the court of public opinion is as ignorant of the difference between claims and facts, you are right they will see it your way.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

The trinity

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I laugh at all these threads that want to make everything viable, becouse it already is that. They are just not optimal and they shouldent be either, if you want to sacrifice damage for protection then it will take you longer to kill stuff, for the record i got zero berserker chars and I do all the content fine.

I play for fun not to rush through it earning gold like its a second jobb

The trinity

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

omg who cares about VIABLE, if u buy a car you want a VIABLE car or you want an OPTIMAL one? i think only fools choose something viable instead optimal

watch this videos
http://gw2dungeons.net/Records
3 min, 6 min for a single path… why i should do the same path in 30 min because someone is ok with viable?

like i already told, i like to have some content like that, its just a full rush, is really funny IF you can also choise to do OTHER stuff, but IF all the content is just a full rush, isnt funny, i miss to play other ROLE like i’ve done in other games

other things it’s just a blablabla

The trinity

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

omg who cares about VIABLE, if u buy a car you want a VIABLE car or you want an OPTIMAL one? i think only fools choose something viable instead optimal

watch this videos
3 min, 6 min for a single path… why i should do the same path in 30 min because someone is ok with viable?

like i already told, i like to have some content like that, its just a full rush, is really funny IF you can also choise to do OTHER stuff, but IF all the content is just a full rush, isnt funny, i miss to play other ROLE like i’ve done in other games

And you can still do that but you dont want to becouse somehow your time is precious, I thought we played games to waste time and have fun?

You cant say you can do it in 30 mins and I dont want to then turn around and say I want to do this, then do that and take longer time kitten.

If what you want is we have to have 1 guard 1 warrior 1 elementalist and if you dont you cant do it.
Then no this is not the game for that, everybody can do everything giving the put in the time it takes to do it.

I care about viablity I run a celestial shout healing/banner regen warrior without greatsword becouse I want to.

The trinity

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

I, for one, do NOT want a trinity in GW2. Not necessary. Who wants to wait an hour (as in FFxiv) to run a dungeon as a DPS? Or
, if you’re a tank class, get kicked from a dungeon if you don’t know it? Been there, done that. If Anet changes GW2 to a Trinity, I’ll be gone. It is, and has been for the last +2 years one of the reasons I still play.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

The trinity

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

watch this videos

Optimal will always be limited. If full zerker wasn’t optimal, something else would be, maybe Knights. And then we would have the exact same threads, only about a different kind of gear.

Viable is most stuff. You can run dungeons perfectly fine with all ptv, all knights, all clerics. The only time that starts to fall apart is with all condition builds, as conditions very quickly saturate and conditions are the thing that needs to be fixed. But not berserkers and certainly not through a forced trinity.

Forcing a trinity would only accomplish a different setup as Optimal, nothing changes. But a lot of flexibility and builds that are at least viable would cease to be.

Complaining about the zerker meta, something made up by the community is like saying “I don’t want other people to shove their playstyle down my throat”. And then going around shoving your playstyle down everyone else’s.

arenanet just needs to design their fights in a way that you cannot stack up in a corner.

The trinity

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

I’m not sure you are aware about that but fully geared solider has about 70% of zerker using the same build while having almost twice as much effective hp. I’d say it’s a decent trade.

watch this videos

Are you really comparing a record run using a lot of tricks like portals and stealthing to skip everything optional to a run done by a group of first timers killing everything? Nice use of a hyperbole, I’ll give you that.

The same team using a gear like soldier would do it in about 4 minutes since killing monsters isn’t even the major loss of time, it’s skipping and running from one point to another.

The trinity

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

i miss to play other ROLE like i’ve done in other games

Then play other games with those roles. You people’s lives sound so complicated.

The trinity

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

It’s not aruging, my dear boy, when I was right the entire time… and if the court of public opinion is as ignorant of the difference between claims and facts, you are right they will see it your way.

Hahaha that was the saddest argument I think i’ve ever seen.
Caeledh I’m sorry, that you never really got to talk about your point because of the troll trolling in a sea of trolls. Anyone who plays knows that most of the runs are zerk runs.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Qiff/the_zerg_meta
Its not like it isn’t well documented and seen permeating all throughout the game try not to argue a moot point, makes you seem like a thoughtless kitten .

1. I think its simple to note that you calling his fact wrong, is you trying to prove that he isn’t wrong. So while he doesn’t have “proof” neither do you. So you don’t have any more right to say he is wrong because of it when you don’t have it yourself.

2. Viable doesn’t always mean useful and thus doesn’t always mean not broken. You can go into any content with whatever class and build you want but if you decide to go into Fract 50 running a condi Guard you won’t be at all useful and any team with half a brain would kick you. Currently to truly viable builds at high level are Zerk and every build trickles down from there.

3. So instead of arguing a moot point of zerk existing or not why not move on to fixing it or if it needs to be fixed.

The trinity

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

i miss to play other ROLE like i’ve done in other games

Then play other games with those roles. You people’s lives sound so complicated.

I also really really miss roles. In WoW tanking became boring for me because it just became pee on the floor (in whatever pee color your class had)
But healing, was unbelievably fun at end game. It was such a struggle between fighting against the content created for you and how dumb your team was. Keeping everyone alive was so much harder than peeing on the floor and leet 1-2-3 dps rotation. that actually required managing Mana, Positioning, CDs, and the Health Bar of 25 people. Its one of the only times i’ve played PvE and actually had to think.

The trinity

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

You need new encounter mechanics for a new meta. I don’t mind a combat system upgrade, but just keep it skilled based like now. It’s really awesome to see experienced players solo F50 bosses faster than a 5 group pug.

Would like to see that each class get’s a signature buff/debuff similar like boons and condis but unique to each class.

Ascended gear needs more reasons to exist than just more AR slots or min/max expensive boring infusions. Need. cool. infusions.

I think specializations are going to be a great starting point in this direction in expanding your class to other roles.

But in the end more things will be more optimal than others so if tanking is still not going to be one of those, tough luck m8.

The trinity

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Optimal will always be limited. If full zerker wasn’t optimal, something else would be, maybe Knights. And then we would have the exact same threads, only about a different kind of gear.

Not really.

Berseker could be the best in one dungeon.

Knight in another.

Soldier in one kind of boss fight.

And so on. People could go to the area with the playstyle they like the most, and fitting with the gear they have. We would also have variety in the game, as opposed to zerker being the best at everything PvE related like it is today.

Ascended gear needs more reasons to exist than just more AR slots or min/max expensive boring infusions.

Just let people switch their stats like we currently do with Legendaries. Then everyone would have a very good reason to get Ascended, without making it to give more power than it already does.

The trinity

Lian Olsam.9541

again… i dont wanna CHANGE ALL THE GAME or force someone to play in ONE WAY, i’m telling should be possibile have contents who have the OPTIMAL way with full zerk, other content with OPTIMAL way using trinity (or something different by zerk rush), so EVERYONE can play content he want, w/o forcing player doing something doesent enjoy at all!!!!

super organized speedrun party do a path in 3 min, good players do it in 15, and player who play with “out of meta build” like some guys wrote, it make 30 min (maybe with some wipe)… i’m not the guy who wanna make it with 3 min, i dont like to switch weapon/trats every 3 seconds, i like to use some nice trick like portals, invisibility, using meta builds, for do a “smart run”, sure i should play a full healer another one should play condi, and another one should be a tank, but FOR MY MIND there is no fun, to play a game differently from HIS DESIGN…. it feels like drive a car at the same way you do with a bicycle…

that’s the reason i suggest more different content, a dungeon DESIGNED for be optimal with full zerk, another one for be optimal for trinity etc etc…

The trinity

Lian Olsam.9541

Not really.

Knight in another.

And so on. People could go to the area with the playstyle they like the most, and fitting with the gear they have. We would also have variety in the game, as opposed to zerker being the best at everything PvE related like it is today.

Ascended gear needs more reasons to exist than just more AR slots or min/max expensive boring infusions.

Just let people switch their stats like we currently do with Legendaries. Then everyone would have a very good reason to get Ascended, without making it to give more power than it already does.

thanks to god someone understood my point of view…. more option more fun for everyone

The trinity

rotten.9753

Not really.

Knight in another.

Yes, it’s a brilliant idea to get multiple sets of gear, especially ascended.

The trinity

Test.8734

Not really.

Knight in another.

Yes, it’s a brilliant idea to get multiple sets of gear, especially ascended.

“and fitting with the gear they have”

Or do you think it would be better to expect everyone to have a set of ascended berseker gear?

The trinity

creepmatic.9435

@Test.8734

What you are asking for is stat gated content which is against the skill based content that we have today. That is not what GW is about. People enjoy this game because of the combat system and that is skill based not gear based.

And fyi people already use in some high lvl fractals a few soldier/knights pieces for different tactics, in organized groups.

And regarding changing your stats on ascended armor, I think the game’s economist will like to have a word with you.

The trinity

rotten.9753

“and fitting with the gear they have”

Or do you think it would be better to expect everyone to have a set of ascended berseker gear?

So it’s better to gate the content, even more brilliant.

“You can’t do this and that because you still need 5 more pieces of magi’s gear”.

I’m in awe.

The trinity

Test.8734

@Test.8734

What you are asking for is stat gated content which is against the skill based content that we have today.

Not really. I’m not saying to gate content on gear, rather to have more variety so instead of berserker being better than any other gear as we have today, other kinds of gear would be better in some scenarios, and in a few places berserker would still be the best (as it is right now).

And regarding changing your stats on ascended armor, I think the game’s economist will like to have a word with you.

Looking at the current economy, I don’t really care about what he has to say.

I’m in awe.

Same. I wonder how could you read the word “gate” in any of what I have written.

The trinity

rotten.9753

Same. I wonder how could you read the word “gate” in any of what I have written.

People use dungeons as a money source, the fact that you want to make different gear optimal in different dungeons, they will want you to have it. So instead of silly “zerk only” in all dungeons, you’re gonna get kicked because you don’t have 3 pieces of zerk, 2 knight pieces, 1 settlers piece and a soldiers weapon. That’s how human nature works.

Instead, how about you forget about that minor issue and wait till we see what anet prepared for us in the expansion? Because I’m pretty sure they are busy working on it than to “listen to the community feedback”.

The trinity

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

i don’t understand, how does me having to stick a different stat combination on my character and then doing everything exactly the same make content more interesting?

if i’m doing exactly the same thing in either soldier or berserker what benefit does this “variety” have besides having to waste gold getting gear and to switch it around all the time if I want to optimise?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

The trinity

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

i don’t understand, how does me having to stick a different stat combination on my character and then doing everything exactly the same make content more interesting?

if i’m doing exactly the same thing in either soldier or berserker what benefit does this “variety” have besides having to waste gold getting gear and to switch it around all the time if I want to optimise?

That’s a good question that for some reason never gets answered by those who hope for “Trinity”.

In other MMORPGs if you play a Tank or Healer character, you will probably need a more damage oriented build / gear set-up because otherwise questing and soloing gets tedious and boring.

Tanks and Healers are forced to dual spec so they don’t grow old while doing their regular questing, then switch to their “optimal” role gear when they are doing dungeons or raids. All while “Damage” characters use just a specific set of gear and build without the need to change.

As I said in another similar thread, the “LF Healer” and “LF Tank” nonsense of other MMORPGs comes from the simple fact that Healers and Tanks are BORING to play in regular PVE using full Tank/Heal gear. In most MMORPGs even the tankiest tank has a more damaging spec, so those characters can switch to it when not raiding/running dungeons, why do you think those damage specs exist in trinity mmorpgs?

What happens if two full-tanky characters are in the same group and the content is “made” for 1 tank? One of them has to change build / gear.

The trinity

Test.8734

Because you’re not considering the implications of what we’re talking about.

Making condition damage gear more useful is not a matter of placing a NPC in front of the dungeon entrance blocking anyone who’s not using Carrion gear from entering. That would be the gating someone mentioned above.

Making stats combinations other than berserker useful would require changing encounter design. So instead of having everywhere enemies with very high life, low armor, and slow yet very powerful attacks, which is what we have today, ArenaNet would need to change things. In this change there would be variety.

This is something they introduced very lightly on the Silverwaste Copper boss. Raw direct damage (in other words, the thing powered the most by berserker gear) is not that useful in a boss that has very high armor; and it’s more vulnerable to conditions, so against it a condition build would be useful, just like a raw damage build.

The trinity

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

your notion of making both ways possible is nice but sadly impossible

it would be far to hard to balance content focused on both ways

usually content is balanced either with or without a tank/healer type of roles implied they’d also have to drastically rework the way that aggro is handled to get trinity to work which would kill the other way entirely so while it sounds nice it just isn’t possible

The trinity

Posted by: pandas.9450

pandas.9450

Trinizzzz, still remember playing gw1 in alliance battle, worse warrior could have no skill at all but as long he had his butt buddy monk he was invisible

The trinity

maddoctor.2738

Because you’re not considering the implications of what we’re talking about.

Making condition damage gear more useful is not a matter of placing a NPC in front of the dungeon entrance blocking anyone who’s not using Carrion gear from entering. That would be the gating someone mentioned above.

Making stats combinations other than berserker useful would require changing encounter design. So instead of having everywhere enemies with very high life, low armor, and slow yet very powerful attacks, which is what we have today, ArenaNet would need to change things. In this change there would be variety.

This is something they introduced very lightly on the Silverwaste Copper boss. Raw direct damage (in other words, the thing powered the most by berserker gear) is not that useful in a boss that has very high armor; and it’s more vulnerable to conditions, so against it a condition build would be useful, just like a raw damage build.

So wait let me get this straight, you want an encounter in a dungeon that has mobs with ultra high armor but low hit points so they are vulnerable only to conditions?

You do know that in this game you can change gear and build on the fly quickly right? So a party with everyone full Berserker will just change their gear to fight that particular boss or finish the encounter, then change back?

We will get something like LF 5 Zerkers with backup Rabid stats?

In the end, all that will do is introduce a more taxing grind for Ascended Armor (until we get legendary armor)

The trinity

Test.8734

So wait let me get this straight, you want an encounter in a dungeon that has mobs with ultra high armor but low hit points so they are vulnerable only to conditions?

I would actually be happy if people knew what an example is.

You do know that in this game you can change gear and build on the fly quickly right? So a party with everyone full Berserker will just change their gear to fight that particular boss or finish the encounter, then change back?

Assuming the rest of the dungeon is made by the same kind of enemy we have today, the one berserker is the best match for.

We will get something like LF 5 Zerkers with backup Rabid stats?

In the end, all that will do is introduce a more taxing grind for Ascended Armor (until we get legendary armor)

I’m waiting for the counter arguments actually based on what I have said. Your assumption that berserker is the best stat no matter what is interesting, though. So you believe those that today have ascended Rabid stats should go grind ascended berserker stats, and there’s nothing wrong with that?

The trinity

maddoctor.2738

I’m waiting for the counter arguments actually based on what I have said. Your assumption that berserker is the best stat no matter what is interesting, though. So you believe those that today have ascended Rabid stats should go grind ascended berserker stats, and there’s nothing wrong with that?

What you said:

So instead of having everywhere enemies with very high life, low armor, and slow yet very powerful attacks, which is what we have today, ArenaNet would need to change things. In this change there would be variety.

So the “zerker meta” people would just play the rest of the dungeon as they always do, switch gear for the condition heavy part, then change back.

And this will just create more problems for everyone, do you really want people to have specific gear for all encounters in the game? You want people to just grind more? That’s the “variety” you want?

The trinity

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

In response to the OP. Do I want a tank/healer/dps trinity? No.
Do I want a control/dps/support soft trinity with the ability to specialize in each of those and feel desired in group content? Yes

Ghost Yak

The trinity

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Not really.

Knight in another.

First off, how would that improve anything? Now we’ll just divide threads complaining about Zerker in general up in smaller subcategories. Knights OP in dungeon A, Clerics OP in dungeon B.

But that’s not nearly as big of an issue. Far more troubling is, how would you realize this? How would you create a dungeon where Knights is the meta for everyone? Professions are NOT made the same. Some professions have a lot more durability than other professions.
So at best you get, some professions need Knights others can stick to Zerker. Or some professions need Knights, others need to include Soldiers.

Either way, some professions are going to have to sacrifice more dps. If this whole “meta” is as cold hearted as people make it out to be, these professions will simply be ignored for dungeons.
Why bring a profession who needs to sacrifice a third of his stat budget on a stat that does not improve his damage, when another profession doesn’t need to do that and as a result does much more damage?

The trinity

Test.8734

What you said:

Sure. And where did I say that…

So the “zerker meta” people would just play the rest of the dungeon as they always do, switch gear for the condition heavy part, then change back.

…It would be in the middle of a dungeon filled with berserker-favored enemies?

But that’s not nearly as big of an issue. Far more troubling is, how would you realize this? How would you create a dungeon where Knights is the meta for everyone? Professions are NOT made the same. Some professions have a lot more durability than other professions.

How did ArenaNet create dungeons where Berserker is the meta for everyone? Professions are NOT made the same. Some professions do more damage than other professions.

(edited by Test.8734)

The trinity

maddoctor.2738

What you said:

Sure. And where did I say that…

…It would be in the middle of a dungeon filled with berserker-favored enemies?

How did ArenaNet create dungeons where Berserker is the meta for everyone? Professions are NOT made the same. Some professions do more damage than other professions.

So you want an entire dungeon made “Easier” with condition builds? Not just a few encounters?

The trinity

Posted by: Rehero.7821

Rehero.7821

As someone whom exclusively plays support in other games I am actually quite happy with the trend they have had as of late. Before the ratios and base values on healing was so abysmal that it was better off running something damage oriented and bringing condi clears or utility driven things which doesn’t FEEL like a support oriented play style.

I feel like supports are very close to being in a good spot and I realize that not everyone would like for the trinity to be a thing, in fact I am alright if it isn’t however I would like to see just a tiny bit more push into making them more playable and I would like to see specializations make that happen in the future.

For clarification, I play support regardless however I have had times when people gave me crap over doing it which is the opposite of what you should want. It is completely ok if the content can be run with a full damage team but at least design the system so that people whom wish to play support oriented play styles don’t get scoffed at or kicked from groups.

Clarification #2: I am completely pro making things other than power/precision gear used, I am tired of seeing “zerks gear only” in the lfg menu.

(edited by Rehero.7821)

The trinity

creepmatic.9435

Clarification #2: I am completely pro making things other than power/precision gear used, I am tired of seeing “zerks gear only” in the lfg menu.

All gear is viable in Pve.
Most old-school trinity fans realize this but they hate that the “zerker meta” is the most efficient so they come with ideas from ex-mmo’s into a system which is not designed around that concept.

Since all professions have a way to mitigate dmg and way to self-heal, it will never change.

The support side is very strong already. Check that Arah video by rT, full clerics and all dodge was disabled. Like how much more support you want? No dodge! Face tank Lupi all phases.

Now yes, condition dmg needs a rework in pve, and I think it can only be achieved if there is a split balance between Pve/WvW-Pvp.

Even if content get’s harder, so hard that anyone needs Knight’s/Soldier’s it will be even harder for casuals and PUG’s, and the new people to the game will probably just quit or never touch dungeons ever.

Anyways, is still funny when you get delusional people in F50’s trying to out heal 1shot’s and trying to tank when in reality they have the most selfish and team useless build.

Dream on.

The trinity

Test.8734

So you want an entire dungeon made “Easier” with condition builds? Not just a few encounters?

Did I say that?

The trinity

maddoctor.2738

Did I say that?

Since you really like games instead of making arguments and counter arguments.

So instead of having everywhere enemies with very high life, low armor, and slow yet very powerful attacks, which is what we have today, ArenaNet would need to change things. In this change there would be variety.

You don’t like encounters that have enemies with high life but low armor and you liked the Copper battle in SW:

So you want an encounter with mobs with high armor and low hit points (comparatively), to make Berserkers worse and condition builds more powerful.

And I ask the simple question, do you want to apply this to a few encounters (like dungeon bosses) or entire parts of the game (like full dungeon paths).

The “all zerker” you want to fight is basically a dungeon thing, because there are no gear issues in open world PVE, where in fact Berserker is even a bad choice for many encounters (like Tequatl). So I’d assume you want to make changes to dungeon encounters. In that case, if most of a particular dungeon is filled with mobs that are taking less damage by Berserkers one of two will happen:

a) Players will completely ignore that path
b) Players will get 2 types of gear, one their “regular dungeon gear”, and another to defeat those particular encounters more easily

Doesn’t solve much, if anything. If you want better counter arguments, give better examples.

The trinity

Test.8734

Not really. I’m just amusing myself with a pattern:

So a party with everyone full Berserker will just change their gear to fight that particular boss or finish the encounter, then change back?

I didn’t say that.

do you really want people to have specific gear for all encounters in the game?

I didn’t say that.

You want people to just grind more?

I didn’t say that.

That’s the “variety” you want?

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t say that.

Are you trying to have a discussion and share ideas? Or are you just trying to “win” a debate and put words in my mouth so you appear to be “right”? Because I have zero interest on the latter.

The trinity

maddoctor.2738

So a party with everyone full Berserker will just change their gear to fight that particular boss or finish the encounter, then change back?

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t say that.

Are you trying to have a discussion and share ideas? Or are you just trying to “win” a debate and put words in my mouth so you appear to be “right”? Because I have zero interest on the latter.

I didn’t put any words, just quoted you. Now I’m waiting for an answer. You cant’ say you didn’t say that when the quote says that. I’m waiting for your arguments now, or rather counter arguments.

The trinity

Test.8734

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t put any words, just quoted you. Now I’m waiting for an answer. You cant’ say you didn’t say that when the quote says that.

So you stand by the argument that I “want people to have specific gear for all encounters in the game”, “want people to just grind more”, etc?

The trinity

maddoctor.2738

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t say that.

I didn’t put any words, just quoted you. Now I’m waiting for an answer. You cant’ say you didn’t say that when the quote says that.

So you stand by the argument that I “want people to have specific gear for all encounters in the game”, “want people to just grind more”, etc?

Specific gear for the encounters that “require” it to be efficient, so gear for encounters they cannot finish efficiently with the gear they already have whatever that is. If more types of gear are needed per person then it also leads to extra grinding doesn’kitten

For example:

Imagine if the last boss in CoF P1 had the same mechanic as the Copper Boss in SW

The trinity

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

Roles are not dependent on gear in this game. They also are not exclusive; i.e. you can be both a healer and a dps role at the same time. There should never be a need to change your gear stats since they should not be needed for completion of anything. Changing gear sets only changes the numbers we see.

The combat system in gw2 relies on movement. It prides itself on it. We use movement in combat to avoid damages mainly. The more powerful support is the less movement we need to do. Too much damage also makes movement trivial (stacking). This is a problem with mechanics and AI that should be fixed.

Condition damage is another thing that needs to be fixed in group pve. That has it’s own technical problems but it is very much worth solving.

Gameplay diversity should come with the weapons, utilities and traits that you bring to a fight not from the stats. I am all for making movement more important for some bosses (the anomaly for example) and making players bring teleports, swiftness etc. That is fun and everyone can easily change traits/utilities and weapons without the costs of extra gear sets.

The trinity

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Maybe I don’t understand the OP. How do you interpret what Jon said about the trinity?

The trinity

Posted by: Rehero.7821

Rehero.7821

The support side is very strong already. Check that Arah video by rT, full clerics and all dodge was disabled. Like how much more support you want? No dodge! Face tank Lupi all phases.

Dream on.

Mmmm can you run zerkers and make it faster? Most deffinently. Do I still have people asking for zerks? Yes. Do I have people getting upset at me for wishing to run support oriented set ups? Yes. It isn’t that they can’t work it is just the jump if efficiency by just having a full group of damage dealing sets in your group is so big. It is nice that they don’t want to require it but there isn’t a whole lot of initiative to bring support oriented builds. Which was the point of my post. I still do it all I was asking was having a point to bring one, incentive.

Woo a group could do lupi with a full cleric set, they could have probably done it faster otherwise. As I stated in my original post they are close and I find the role to be much better off now than before, it just needs a slight shove to be at a point where running one isn’t taboo for efficiency.

Edit: I should also mention that team death match looks like a huge step in the right direction in pvp for supports.

(edited by Rehero.7821)

The trinity

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

How its now: EXP AP 5000min ZERK ONLY!!!!!!

The trinity is better system even it would take a bit longer to get all roles in the party,5dps is just to easy face roll…

The trinity

rotten.9753

The trinity is better system even it would take a bit longer to get all roles in the party,5dps is just to easy face roll…

After 1 hour, Need a healer, 5k AP min, ONLY ELE NOMADS.

The trinity

maddoctor.2738

If they introduce ANY kind of system EXP and AP 5000 (or higher) will always be there.

The trinity

maddoctor.2738

After 1 hour, Need a healer, 5k AP min, ONLY ELE NOMADS.

And this is one of the problems if they introduce enforced trinity through content. The other one is that “Healer” Nomad Ele will probably have a different kind of gear too, for when there is another Ele Nomad in the group or when soloing/gathering etc when Nomad’s isn’t working very well.

So it creates a huge “wall” for anyone who might want to fill that “Healer” role, which means few people will even do it, which means lots of wait time.

The idea is not to add more diversity by ruining everything. Half-baked solutions are worse than no solutions.

The trinity

Posted by: Suranis.8279

Suranis.8279

Heh. I’ve run a zerker build once in my life and it was kitten terrible. Hell, I ran with a cleric build on my Ele when I was doing dungeons and really liked it In fact I’m thinking of going back to it and running knights as my weapons.. You could always tell the zerker idiots as they were the clowns I had to keep rezzing if a mob so much as sneezed at them. We all know that we are not supposed to count the time the zerkers spend flat on their face in the DPS calculations. Sadly once you do Soldiers.. in fact everything comes out ahead.

And in wvw you can tell the groups that are running zerker as they evaporate (apart from thieves and Mesmers who rely on stealth of course)

I enjoy playing support. We all know that the zerker supporters are always the ones doing forum PVP, to keep their “edge” and all they care about is DPS, but fdor those people who want to actually play their character and abilities then zerker is the most boring kitten class in the world. That’s why on the TP zerker mats are only a little bit ahead of the other classes. If “everyone running dungeons is running Zerker” then the other mats would be far below zerker. There might be a bigger slice running zerker, but thats far from saying its a majority.

The only times I would see Zerker having a use is in the 2 minute countdown of the 2 headed wurm when you need max dps… and even then half the kitten team could get splatted as they have no resilience so having people on their feet would be much better for damage. The dps of people on their kitten is zero.

I use my necro on wurm runs as well, and run a condi warrior in WVW sometimes.