There are 2 types of people...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Chista.4750

Chista.4750

I’ll play a rev till 20. If I like it I’ll delete it, rename my current main, make a rev with my then ex-main’s name and bring my 80 rev into the jungle. (I’m already saving for the ascended gear)

If I don’t like it however, I’ll just grab my mesmer and plop off into the jungle.

20 levels should be enough to tell me if a class is enjoyable, and I’m not going to just go by a bunch of streams without getting my hands on some actual time spent breaking the class. No matter how much fun it looks like on the streams.

Perhaps I should at least level something to 20 on that new levelling system though… to have a comparison. Since ever since I came back from my break the word levelling has made me show teeth in the least kindly fashion.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Exploring the jungle. I have zero interest in the new class since it appears melee-based.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Piecekeeper.4361

Piecekeeper.4361

I plan to make my revenant right away, making sure I get the name I want for it, and then take a good long look at the mastery information that I have, and probably any new achievements and collections that are opened up. After drinking that in for a bit, I’ll probably switch to my main and play some of the new area’s, taking a break when i feel like it to work up my Rev. I plan on leveling it nice and slow, doing the personal story whenever I can, and just enjoying the feel of having a new character again.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Exploring the jungle. I have zero interest in the new class since it appears melee-based.

literally the first weapon we’ve ever learned about on the revenant is a ranged weapon designed to keep enemies away so you can stay ranged.

how did you go from that to “appears to be melee based”?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Ardenwolfe.8590

Oh. I don’t know. The fact the weapon choices are mace, sword, axe, hammer, dagger, and staff kinda send me a clue.

The videos of the revenant in melee combat kinda helped too.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Got 2 ascended armour chests and an exotic equipment chest ready to go. Depending on how my like in fractals goes i may have more chests, if not, I’ll keep doing my daily crafting and mat hunting to make up the parts I’ll need.

Since I don’t pvp, I’ll just lvl to 20 (plenty of those) then pop lots of food and guild bonuses for all the other revenants I’m sure will be in guild then head off to fight. Once I hit 70, I’ll pop the last 10 tomes I have. Also got a stack of skill point scrolls ready to go for my rev, otherwise they’ll go towards the mastery points

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those who do not.
There are 3 types of people, those who can count, and those who cannot.

I will be doing both. I’ll play Revenant starting at level 1, and also play my level 80 Necromancer to explore the jungle.

BrunoBRS.5178

Oh. I don’t know. The fact the weapon choices are mace, sword, axe, hammer, dagger, and staff kinda send me a clue.

The videos of the revenant in melee combat kinda helped too.

only hammer, mace, and axe offhand (there are more uses of axe as a ranged weapon in GW2 than as a melee weapon) are truly confirmed. sword is a given, based on trailer, staff is speculated, and dagger is “i think i saw that guy off screen using one”.

and even if all of those weapons were melee, most professions have 2 or 3 ranged options.

but whatever, decide ahead of time that it’s a melee focused profession (because GW2 doesn’t already have that)

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

With so many people trying to learn a new class on the fly, the world boss fights (if any) are going to be absolute train wrecks.

Boss battles are more about knowing how the boss behaves and boss mechanics instead of your own class. You can beat 100% of bosses in this game with just auto attack and knowing how to dodge.

Ardenwolfe.8590

only hammer, mace, and axe offhand (there are more uses of axe as a ranged weapon in GW2 than as a melee weapon) are truly confirmed. sword is a given, based on trailer, staff is speculated, and dagger is “i think i saw that guy off screen using one”.

and even if all of those weapons were melee, most professions have 2 or 3 ranged options.

but whatever, decide ahead of time that it’s a melee focused profession (because GW2 doesn’t already have that)

Is there a reason you’re getting so bent out of shape about my answer? You asked a question, and I gave you my response. Also, the LiveStream videos showed all melee combat in some, way, shape or form.

What does it matter to you if I do or don’t play the new class? I did decide ahead of time, based on the evidence presented from various sources.

My apologies if that’s not to your liking.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Is there a reason you’re getting so bent out of shape about my answer? You asked a question, and I gave you my response. Also, the LiveStream videos showed all melee combat in some, way, shape or form.

What does it matter to you if I do or don’t play the new class? I did decide ahead of time, based on the evidence presented from various sources.

It might be because you didn’t acknowledge that the Hammer that they showed in the POI video was a 1200 ranged weapon.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary and those who don’t.

With that aside, probably explore first, let the Revenant get at least first balancing patch through so I won’t end up either playing horribly underpowered or overpowered character.

I don’t know why i laughed at this… :/

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Ardenwolfe.8590

It might be because you didn’t acknowledge that the Hammer that they showed in the POI video was a 1200 ranged weapon.

Oh. My bad. One skill(s) makes it a non-melee-based class now. Silly me.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hammer (Revenant)

Despite all the videos and information showing the class meleeing with melee-based auras?

Come on, now.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Oh. My bad. One skill(s) makes it a non-melee-based class now. Silly me.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hammer (Revenant)

Despite all the videos and information showing the class meleeing with melee-based auras?

Come on, now.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/gw2-revenant-hammer-skills1.jpg

More than one skill. It’s a ranged weapon.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

I’ll be joining an army of lvl 80 revenant on day one. The create an all revenant party and do some crasy buildcrafting in the citadel of flames or the crucible.

Once the new zones will be less overcrowded, I’ll consider having a tour of the heart of the jungle.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

BrunoBRS.5178

i just find it ridiculous that someone would write off an entire profession because of a gross misconception and random assumptions (i still don’t know where the hell people got dagger from, or worse, in your case, assumed it was a melee weapon, when dagger offhand has as many melee cases as they have ranged cases).

it’s like saying ranger is a ranged-only profession if they had only announced longbow, sword, dagger, and we’d seen gameplay of someone using shortbow.

Posted by: Meniatz.4781

Meniatz.4781

Both.

On the day of release, ill advance my Revenant to level 80 with tomes of knowledge, then ill go to the jungle, and explore it, while learning how to play Revenant.

Yeah, that’s pretty much my plan, as well.

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I’m sorry OP, but you are really narrow-minded if you truly think there are only two kinds of people… just saying. It is not good to classify people in such a manner. There are in this game, at a minimum, several thousand kinds of people.

As for your post’s topic. I’m going to be both. I will make a revenant, and I will use said revenant to explore the jungles (unless I end up not liking the class, which I highly doubt I won’t because hell yeah GW1 references).

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I, for one, will simply take my Necro and go visit that jungle. And that Necro just happens to be a Sylvari, too, so if there really are unique tidbits of dialogue for them (mostly “we hate you all” and “you kitten plants can’t be trusted” I’d imagine), I’ll get to see them. Then I’ll try to seek out the specialization and have fun playing switcharoo between that and Necro. And then I’ll propably start a Revenant… which might go the same way all other classes went I treid out : Abandoned below lvl 20. Or, actually not cause i have a scroll. And propably a lot of tomes for finishing dungeon-paths to get weaponcrates and the high-cost-parts of the armor, so i have my Necro equipped to brave the jungle.

Wait. They let you in dungeons with a necro?

j/k

Sounds like a plan. I’ll prolly insta-level a rev. I’m wondering if there are even going to be players in the starting areas post-launch with so many people getting 80 revs immediately.

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

I’ll be standing in LA wishing I had money for the expansion.

+1, should we make a guild together maybe for HoT day. Dollar has risen 4 times in my country so…
Accepting Donation For [Pack]
Give Us Hug Or [Gold]

On another hand…when i will get it, the things that i’m curious of and will go to test in first will be in this priority i guess

- specializations (Hammer ENGI WHOORAY, i don’t udnerstand all that hobosack crying about at all, too much attention to on that point, y it’s not best look bla bla, but on another note, it’s so perifery problem… wanna see new warriors, guards and NECROS)
- new boons, conditions and basically all changes to combat meachanics, very hyped about it (stability revamp <3 <3)
- stronghold/new borderlands in wvw (interested in both on same level)
- global wvw changes
- global pvp changes
- revenent ( I already know how i will call it and decided a style for him etc, collecting gold atm for char slot etc, got bags scroll and tomes ready, will try it out for sure, but i don’t think i will like that class that much tbh)
- pve
- living story (i will definetly try it out….in half a year after pack? or in a year maybe? Talking salads never attracted me that much.., sorry)

So basically i’m not one of those types of people you talking about.
There are players in game that like to play
- competitive pvp
- wvw
- pve
And those divide on different categories such as hc/not hc(hardcore)=casual, solo/social, for wvw it can differ alot aswell scouts/fighters/blobber/gvgers/blobmanders/karmatrainers(FSB #1 forever)/dramaqueens
For pve can divide aswell on some dungeuoneers/AP hunters(the most kittened set of mind that i will never take as healthy one, like some zombie apocalypse, or i’m back in school where nerds wanna get 5 for doing something not fun not healthy not productive not beneficial and they just want the number written somehwere)/gold farmers/world event lovers etc etc
For pvp it can be divided on engi with terette syndrome and everyone else.

2 types? nono. 5-20 types looks more realistic.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

(edited by Hvaran.6327)

Posted by: Exo.2965

Exo.2965

im explore the jungle with my revenant lal

lol indeed XD

Ardenwolfe.8590

i just find it ridiculous that someone would write off an entire profession because of a gross misconception and random assumptions (i still don’t know where the hell people got dagger from, or worse, in your case, assumed it was a melee weapon, when dagger offhand has as many melee cases as they have ranged cases).

it’s like saying ranger is a ranged-only profession if they had only announced longbow, sword, dagger, and we’d seen gameplay of someone using shortbow.

I have to say your rather ugly response surprised me. Again, what does it matter why or what I play to you? Even if I’m totally wrong, and you’re totally right . . . so?

The question asked is what you will do or play?

I answered. There’s no need to jump off the deep end because you didn’t like my choice or reasoning behind it.

Please get over it.

Again, I will not be playing the class because it appears melee based. Now excuse me while I watch more videos of Rytlock use all those wonderful abilities at ranged.

Not.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

I, for one, will simply take my Necro and go visit that jungle. And that Necro just happens to be a Sylvari, too, so if there really are unique tidbits of dialogue for them (mostly “we hate you all” and “you kitten plants can’t be trusted” I’d imagine), I’ll get to see them. Then I’ll try to seek out the specialization and have fun playing switcharoo between that and Necro. And then I’ll propably start a Revenant… which might go the same way all other classes went I treid out : Abandoned below lvl 20. Or, actually not cause i have a scroll. And propably a lot of tomes for finishing dungeon-paths to get weaponcrates and the high-cost-parts of the armor, so i have my Necro equipped to brave the jungle.

Wait. They let you in dungeons with a necro?

j/k

Sounds like a plan. I’ll prolly insta-level a rev. I’m wondering if there are even going to be players in the starting areas post-launch with so many people getting 80 revs immediately.

They actually do, although I mostly played CoF the last days and i heard thats the “last noob dungeon” or sth. along the lines. Tried to get into Arah p1, but every single group i managed to join that didn’t kick me failed before the first boss… well, one time after the first boss. Tried to skip too much without a thief for the most part.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

BrunoBRS.5178

I have to say your rather ugly response surprised me. Again, what does it matter why or what I play to you? Even if I’m totally wrong, and you’re totally right . . . so?

The question asked is what you will do or play?

I answered. There’s no need to jump off the deep end because you didn’t like my choice or reasoning behind it.

Please get over it.

Again, I will not be playing the class because it appears melee based. Now excuse me while I watch more videos of Rytlock use all those wonderful abilities at ranged.

Not.

i don’t have to get over anything, it’s your loss.

i’m just pointing out you’re wrong, which other people also have.

as for rytlock, his trailer shows 2 skills. two. meanwhile we have at least 5 confirmed ranged skills (more if you count ranged skills that teleport you to melee range).

but again, your loss. i’ll also not play ranger because it’s a ranged class, ohwait.

Ardenwolfe.8590

i don’t have to get over anything, it’s your loss.

i’m just pointing out you’re wrong, which other people also have.

as for rytlock, his trailer shows 2 skills. two. meanwhile we have at least 5 confirmed ranged skills (more if you count ranged skills that teleport you to melee range).

but again, your loss. i’ll also not play ranger because it’s a ranged class, ohwait.

Again, how exactly is it my loss? As I said before, whether you’re right and I’m wrong, what difference does that make to you?

Let me explain your, and that other poster’s, logic and how it fails: Warriors can use rifle and longbow, therefore it’s a ranged-based class.

If you can’t see the disconnect with that supposition, then there’s really nothing left to discuss.

On that note, ranger is more or less a ranged-based class . . . but let’s not go there. Don’t want your head to explode.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)