Transmutation/Skins still disappointing

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Sounds like a convenient system, but doesn’t it use up a lot of inventory space if you want to save more than a few different "looks"?

I don’t know if you’re referring to my comment or not, but if so, the answer is: the stats tab and vanity tab gear are stored on those tabs, not the inventory. If you wanted to haul around extra looks then yes, your inventory would be compromised.

EDIT: LotRO’s version sounds even better, but I didn’t stick around there long enough to find out.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

(edited by Ceridwen.6703)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Sounds like a convenient system, but doesn’t it use up a lot of inventory space if you want to save more than a few different “looks”?

I don’t know if you’re referring to my comment or not, but if so, the answer is: the stats tab and vanity tab gear are stored on those tabs, not the inventory. If you wanted to haul around extra looks then yes, your inventory would be compromised.

Yes, I was referring to your post. If I understand it correctly, maintaining, for example, 3 different looks would require 20 inventory slots to keep the 2 looks not currently in the paper doll slots.

I’m not sure if I’d prefer that to GW2’s system. It would depend on the value and scarcity of inventory space in that particular game, and I have no clue about that.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Sounds like a convenient system, but doesn’t it use up a lot of inventory space if you want to save more than a few different "looks"?

Yes, I was referring to your post. If I understand it correctly, maintaining, for example, 3 different looks would require 20 inventory slots to keep the 2 looks not currently in the paper doll slots.

I’m not sure if I’d prefer that to GW2’s system. It would depend on the value and scarcity of inventory space in that particular game, and I have no clue about that.

AoC isn’t really Fashion Wars, so the comparison of having many spare sets of armour/clothing in that sense is irrelevant (though I personally never had hassle with inventory space as quest items, etc, had a separate inventory to where you’d keep your fun extras). It’s more a suggestion of how to improve the transmute system (and by extension, the wardrobe system) in GW2 - where we do have access to a fair bit of inventory and banking space (an inventory or bank tab just for those extra looks you mention, for example). I would even argue that extra paper doll tabs could be purchased from the gem shop in the same way as those inventory and banking spaces are. This eliminates the need for transmutes and still potentially gains revenue for Anet.

EDIT: by further extension, I’d also argue extra tabs for weapon sets and/or stat changes, but we may get rather off-topic if that’s pursued in this thread.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

I’m a vet, been playing since December 2012. TC’s aren’t a problem. It’s kind of an end game content thing anyways. You really shouldn’t bother with fashion until you have an 80 in full exotic gear and by then you should have plenty of TC’s stockpiled and a bit of gold , if you leveled properly.

I have 12 toons and 158TC’s stockpiled. I got plenty!
YOU SHOULD NEVER NEED TO BUY THEM FROM THE GEMSTORE!

Seems from your post you don’t like any of the game modes that allow you to stockpile TC’s: PvE, PvP, WvW, which is why they are available in the gemstore. For the “I want it now and don’t wanna wait” generation.

League PvP is even more easy then unranked pvp to get lots of TC’s.

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I’m a vet, been playing since December 2012. TC’s aren’t a problem. It’s kind of an end game content thing anyways. You really shouldn’t bother with fashion until you have an 80 in full exotic gear and by then you should have plenty of TC’s stockpiled and a bit of gold , if you leveled properly.

Seems from your post you don’t like any of the game modes that allow you to stockpile TC’s: PvE, PvP, WvW, which is why they are available in the gemstore. For the “I want it now and don’t wanna wait” generation.

Lol, basically: “play the game the way I say and TCs aren’t a problem”…ok O.o

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Zeyta.3519

Zeyta.3519

Lol, basically: “play the game the way I say and TCs aren’t a problem”…ok O.o

Yeah it’s the same thing posted already. Many times. Same bias, still no argument of why TC’s are necessary. If players didn’t try to push for improvement, GW 2 would have been far lower on the list of MMORPGs. We need people to actually contribute to its advancement, not keep it at a stand-still just because an improvement doesn’t benefit them personally. TC’s are just ONE of the many things that need to be looked at.

Also, that post lost credibility after I read this:

TC’s aren’t a problem. It’s kind of an end game content thing anyways.