Unplayable Solo

Unplayable Solo

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

Yeah right.

People solo Arah with warrior but getting through the zones solo is too far fetched?
Warrior is one of the classes that has it easier and can go full zerker without much trouble, if camping GS and using your normal utility skills isnät working, switch them. Hammer is your friend, so is shield and skills like bullsrush, endure pain and stomp.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah right.

People solo Arah with warrior but getting through the zones solo is too far fetched?
Warrior is one of the classes that has it easier and can go full zerker without much trouble, if camping GS and using your normal utility skills isnät working, switch them. Hammer is your friend, so is shield and skills like bullsrush, endure pain and stomp.

And how many % of the playerbase do you think solo Arah ?
Som player solo level 50 fractals .. does that mean ever boss in the open world
should be even harder than lvl 50 Mai Trin, so that all those overpowered Engis
out there will still have a challenge ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Revilrad.1962

Revilrad.1962

There is a big gap between challenging map content for solo players and needs a team of 3 to finish. It is not “hard” it is not soloable. Doesnt matter what your build is, you cant Stunlock a Champ who has health leech. I am forced to beg for people to help me. Worst thing is, the stuff for which you need help is not like near a WP or so. It is actually very annyoing and time consuming to get there, so chances are that someone comes and helps you is practically 0.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Post in map chat or LFG for Hero Points. I’ve done this for several of them and never had to wait that long. Honestly, usually you don’t even have to be the one to post. It’s fairly common to see parties in LFG asking for help with specific HP (the Caustic Itzel East of the Nobles is very common).

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: aikatara.3462

aikatara.3462

I just want to use this opportunity to say that I love the new HoT content and I find it quite solo-able for most of the time (At the moment I only play solo or together with a friend in a two-player-group).

Yes it is hard, yes, I die a lot. Yes, I run away from mops or Veterans. Yes, I get lost all the time (I am not good in reading maps ), yes at the moment I don’t know how to access 2/3 of the Mastery- or Heros-Points because they are either above or below me. But I love it that way. As someboy else posted in this thread, I am in no rush. It could be years until we get new content in this size.

And concerning the difficulty: There are too many easy maps in this game already. And now there are challenges that are really kind of challenging. I like it that the maps require my full attention.

I for my part hope that Anet will not change the difficulty. But it is sad of course that some people consider HoT a waste of their money. But maybe it takes time to get used to the new maps. They are not so easy accessible as the older ones.

Concerning the heros points I really do not have a final oppinion. Maybe there should be a reward for helping other people even if you already got the hero’s point? Or maybe the time limit (which actually makes hero’s points that have that un-soloable) should be removed? Apparently the number you need to unlock your spec fully is ridiculously high. But I don’t know, so far Ive only unlocked on Chara half….

It’s strange by the way that some people encountered empty maps at the weekend while others – like myself – had full maps. Maybe it was a problem due to full maps and overflow or something like that? Or was I just kind of lucky to be in the right corner of the maps?

(edited by aikatara.3462)

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Revilrad.1962

Revilrad.1962

Post in map chat or LFG for Hero Points. I’ve done this for several of them and never had to wait that long. Honestly, usually you don’t even have to be the one to post. It’s fairly common to see parties in LFG asking for help with specific HP (the Caustic Itzel East of the Nobles is very common).

True for now, but later on when the hype dies off, people who didnt Exploited CoF to get masteries will be then able to reach the Mastery Locked Points, when no one else will be around.

Of course it is doable, but Anet should have beeen stick to the soloableness of the Map completion

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

True for now, but later on when the hype dies off, people who didnt Exploited CoF to get masteries will be then able to reach the Mastery Locked Points, when no one else will be around.

Of course it is doable, but Anet should have beeen stick to the soloableness of the Map completion

I agree, once the hype dies down and those that already have what they wanted leave, it will become incredibly difficult to get those hero points. The thing that was so nice with the core maps was that it didn’t matter if your map was dead, you could still get all the hero points. With 9 alts, I fear for the future of my elite specs.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Take away the time limits on hero point champs and it will be fine. If there is going to be a time limit the champions that spawn at least need their health to scale better. It isnt too hard to fight them solo but to do enough damage to beat them in the short time limit is near impossible.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

basically some people complain because their full zerker gear set is now obsolete in HoT map….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

I find it very funny that a few names in this thread were, before the launch of HoT, promoting the increase in difficulty of the open world and encouraging Anet to do it. Now that they got what they wanted they cry wolf and run back home.

I’ll be frank here. I have been playing the game solo for a few months after I left my main guild. From playing HoT, it is definitely difficult playing solo. But why is it so difficult? The simple answer is that mobs are actually a threat. I could walk through 5 normal mobs in Orr and easy kill all of them. Not so in HoT. If there are pocket raptors I sure as hell better pop defensive abilities when they swarm me. Snipers? Kill them first.

The content isn’t unplayable solo. It is possible solo but more challenging and a bit slower. To be completely honest, I love this change. Because you know what it’s promoted me to do? Actually talk with people in the map and group up and form parties. It reminds me so much of Maplestory (prior Big-Bang). THAT was a game where you had to pretty much party with others late game and just grind mobs over and over. The upside to that game was that it forced you to get social with people and make connections. These maps are promoting that and anyone who is crying how “hardcore” it is has never even touched something hardcore. Difficult content is not hardcore. Hardcore in MMO’s are when you invest a large chunck of play time towards a specific goal or set of goals.

The one thing they could help is make it so that the HP are more solo-friendly but otherwise leave the rest of the open world alone please.
Anet, please for the love of god don’t nerf the open world.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: StacyX.4831

StacyX.4831

basically some people complain because their full zerker gear set is now obsolete in HoT map….

That is not what people are saying At All.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I find it very funny that a few names in this thread were, before the launch of HoT, promoting the increase in difficulty of the open world and encouraging Anet to do it. Now that they got what they wanted they cry wolf and run back home.

I’ll be frank here. I have been playing the game solo for a few months after I left my main guild. From playing HoT, it is definitely difficult playing solo. But why is it so difficult? The simple answer is that mobs are actually a threat. I could walk through 5 normal mobs in Orr and easy kill all of them. Not so in HoT. If there are pocket raptors I sure as hell better pop defensive abilities when they swarm me. Snipers? Kill them first.

The content isn’t unplayable solo. It is possible solo but more challenging and a bit slower. To be completely honest, I love this change. Because you know what it’s promoted me to do? Actually talk with people in the map and group up and form parties. It reminds me so much of Maplestory (prior Big-Bang). THAT was a game where you had to pretty much party with others late game and just grind mobs over and over. The upside to that game was that it forced you to get social with people and make connections. These maps are promoting that and anyone who is crying how “hardcore” it is has never even touched something hardcore. Difficult content is not hardcore. Hardcore in MMO’s are when you invest a large chunck of play time towards a specific goal or set of goals.

The one thing they could help is make it so that the HP are more solo-friendly but otherwise leave the rest of the open world alone please.
Anet, please for the love of god don’t nerf the open world.

I agree with you and I was one the players that wanted the mobs to be tougher. What I don’t like is that after 3 years of playing the game I am now forced to find enough players to get the HP for the elite spec that was advertised. And trying to do so in maps with an ever diminishing population.

I did not invite 5 friends to pitch in on the cost of the game, then why should it require I need 5 friends (or more) to complete some of the hero points in order to unlock my elite? It would seem at this time that full map completion means nothing!

I am not asking for a nerf at all, and I am an older gamer with less than perfect reflexes. I like a challenge, something the core game does not give in the least. I do however want to get what I paid for and an elite spec locked behind not only masteries, but needing groups is not it. As I have said in other threads, the price is to high for the elite concidering the fact it is not so much an elite, but just a different playstyle.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Afyael.1740

Afyael.1740

The general difficulty is fine, I like it. Having champions on every hero challenge is just ridiculously irritating however. Some of them are really high up/far down or gated by masteries, it’s near impossible to get others to join you for the hard to reach ones.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

went yesterday semi solo a commander tag helps but I know what u mean its true

I miss a little bit the peaceful exploration of the core game sometimes

anet might should have made one zone like that ?

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Can we hardcore players enjoy our content? You casuals already had your fun for 3 years, now that content is challenging let me enjoy it, too many selfish whiners. Anet better not nerf anything but instead they should mimic darksouls playstyle. Let me ask a question to all the whiners why have a good combat if the content is not challenging? What is the whole point of an excellent combat system if players don’t use it to it’s full potential, hell they even gave us action crosshair mode, I am glad content is challenging now, combat makes more sense now.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: WhiteFox.9432

WhiteFox.9432

I’m not against hardcore content and large group play. I’m also not against solo play, each has it’s place in a game like this.
In fact, I believe you can’t have one without the other. Casual players keep the game alive, hardcore players keep it active. There’s a difference.
Now this is where they dropped the ball. I don’t know why they made it like they did, but as time progresses, they’ll either patch it to hell to make this expansion more accessible or they’ll keep it and try to attract a (small) group of hardcore players. Cause admit it, the largest part of players are casual/semi hardcore.

With all the gating and stuff, this game feels like a mess. They pumped all their energy in the music, environments, storyline that they forgot how to make the core game mechanics appealing to everyone. They want a hardcore online multiplayer RPG game (hence this whole event thing so central in the maps), not an all round MMO. I wish them luck on their current path.

I’ve never seen them make huge maps either in their expansions. It always revolved around 4,5 areas, and always involved grinding titles/unlockable stuff, etc..
(Nightfall being closer to the core game then Factions or this expansion ever was)

I wonder, in another five years, if they make another expansion how the hell are they going to keep events on maps alive if this keeps up…
I think I’ll just leave the game for what it is and turn back in another year. To see if it’s still as gated and thus almost abandond or patched and accesible.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the current “difficulty”. I just wish it had more people and if that’s not the case, more stuff you could do on your own (with less difficulty). Right now it fails in both.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Turbotef.9203

Turbotef.9203

If you’re so hardcore, why did you come to a casual MMO to begin with? I joined this game three years ago because it was a fun get away from WoW raiding on off nights. Also, casuals will always greatly outnumber hardcore players in just about every MMO too so telling them to shoo off isn’t going top get you anywhere I’m afraid. Also, a lot of casuals aren’t afraid of hard content and can usually handle it. I’m casual but only because I gave up static raid teams but I still like hard content that I can solo or just group up with randomly..

Even with the action combat mode, te combat system is nowhere near as good as Black Desert, TERA, and Blade and Soul.

So no, the combat isn’t very challenging at all I’m afraid, never has been either. The new combat mode still plays too similar to the old style for my tastes as well.

You want Dark Souls in an MMO? Go solo dungeons in TERA as a slayer, lancer, warrior, or beserker. You’ll come back here crying so hard, lol.

TLDR – You just don’t completely change up how a game works/plays overnight and not expect some sort of mass outcry. There will be eventual nerfs so be ready.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: MarshMellow.8560

MarshMellow.8560

For a bunch of people that hate interacting with people in game you sure spend alot of time complaining with people on the forums.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Chemical Rush.2569

Chemical Rush.2569

Solo players cannot advance in the new content, and any decent publisher would disclose such a fundamental change prior to taking your money.

where are you at? I’m decently far and so far have solo’ed every story and exploring maps. A couple of skill points have champ bosses but even solo the game allows and usually has players around also doing it. While not as easy as the core game its not impossible either. Just requires some skill.

ps: dodge and animations are more important now. Changing traits and skills too. Using more range weapons than before. Doing it on my squishy thief but having 3 bars of endurance helps ^^ We aren’t meant to just run through everything and never fail. We are suppose to learn and play better. If anything I’m enjoying the challenge.

ps2: if still having trouble I would recommend minion type classes. With the 90ish% damage reduction to minions by aoe (unless targeted) they are very strong right now and would help “solo” as they take the pressure off of you.

but you can’t have the 3 bars of endurance until you solo a ton of champions. that’s the entire problem. Thief isn’t as bad anyway, all you have to do is repeatedly blind stuff like they’ve always done. You don’t even need the dodge all that much except when they do attacks that hit quickly multiple times, and even then you can take a few shots. Basically, killing anything with a thief is a joke, and everyone knows it.

It’s not a good response to say “Oh, well just play X class and soloing it will be easy!”

That doesn’t mean their system isn’t broken; it just means you’re playing an easy, OP-for-PvE class. There are classes that CAN’T solo this stuff, and there’s still wait gates (cooldowns), mastery gates, and story gates. It’s bullkitten.

The problem is they have been repeatedly trying to force the idea down people’s throats that earning hero points is somehow a necessity. After they already had to fix this exact same problem before releasing the new trait system. They gave everyone the traits for leveling and paying a trainer once. That was good. Then they completed effed over new characters. Old characters were fine; you got to keep your traits. Basically, everyone had all of the traits. The only people who were completely screwed by their idiocy were new characters and new players. They were trapped behind a PvE or gold gate. They had to spend a lot of gold, or do a ton of annoying crap, to get traits.

Yeah, their new players didn’t like being stuck behind a PvE gate either. And pretty much all of the existing player base also complained about it. “Why do I have to go do stupid stuff (map completion in some zones, etc) I don’t want to do, or have done on my other characters already, to get traits that used to be free to access, and still is free on my old characters?!”

The answer? They shouldn’t!! It’s kittening stupid! Traits were ALWAYS easily acquired until they RUINED IT. Additionally, they literally just fixed this problem a few months ago, and some moron over there, yeah, A MORON AND A kitten AT THAT, I said it, decides to go RUIN IT, not for the first time, but for a second time! And the exact same way they ruined it the first time!

Again, traits were unlocked through leveling and paying a trainer at the beginning of the game before they ruined it. GW2, before expansion, before all the patches, traits were unlocked with levels and talking to a trainer. It was never meant to be some tedious, annoying task. Until some random group of lazy kittenes, who can’t even tell that they’re doing the SAME MISTAKES PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT BEFORE, decided to break it. Again.

(edited by Chemical Rush.2569)

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

Take away the time limits on hero point champs and it will be fine. If there is going to be a time limit the champions that spawn at least need their health to scale better. It isnt too hard to fight them solo but to do enough damage to beat them in the short time limit is near impossible.

Remember those lines when you meet a few of those you do not have encountered, yet. There are at least 2 I know of that spawn 2 Vets along with the boss – no room to maneuvre (one is in kitten in the tree) – all of them ranged, attack evading + stealth type heavy hitters. One came out of stealth behind me and unloaded – down – full vit + toughness gear.

No – it is not “just the timer” …

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

OK – invite me in and I watch you do the Balthazar skill point solo …

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

Can we hardcore players enjoy our content? You casuals already had your fun for 3 years, now that content is challenging let me enjoy it, too many selfish whiners. Anet better not nerf anything but instead they should mimic darksouls playstyle. Let me ask a question to all the whiners why have a good combat if the content is not challenging? What is the whole point of an excellent combat system if players don’t use it to it’s full potential, hell they even gave us action crosshair mode, I am glad content is challenging now, combat makes more sense now.

Impress me – go solo and do the Balthazar skill point. Map completition was a SOLO thing – and you cannot do that anymore. Never mind combat and whatnot – the way they implemented the hero points is lousy!

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

Since you labeled yourself, I have to ask. What makes a player hardcore?

Unplayable Solo

Chemical Rush.2569

Impress me – go solo and do the Balthazar skill point. Map completition was a SOLO thing – and you cannot do that anymore. Never mind combat and whatnot – the way they implemented the hero points is lousy!

Just ignore that guy. Players like him are morons. Anytime you hear “hardcore,” and ESPECIALLY if you hear “Dark Souls” in the same sentence, just zone them out. They are absolute idiots, and act like they have some invisible, endless stream of currency that earns others’ respect. “Hey brah; us hardcores. You wouldn’t even KNOW brah! You ever Dark Souls, brah? Well…I did it WEARING A BLINDFOLD. You ever make it through a game, just by the sound of your characters pained screams? Well then…I guess you’re not hardcore. This game is for us hardcores now….huh? What was that? Sorry, nobody. Come back when you’ve done the worthless, arbitrary thing I’ve done (that you’re never going to do because you’re not an idiot that likes wasting his time)….then we can talk about how this game is for us.”

Just complain to and about the company and don’t spend money until you get what you want. It’s how democracy works!

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Veneratio.1980

Veneratio.1980

Herald fully unlocked.
All Rev armour skins.
Level 28 mastery
Story finished

ALL as a solo player. I waited around at a few hero challenge for 5 mins til someone else showed up but never joined party.

GG Anet. HoT is awesome l!

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Thegreatninjaman.5891

Thegreatninjaman.5891

why would you play an MMO solo? i mean the game is called GUILD Wars.

Unplayable Solo

Chemical Rush.2569

Uh, well funny you should ignore the entire title and just point out the part you want to pretend you have some context behind. I guess by your standards everyone should be in a guild and warring with each other, too. Who cares about dragons, after all, when there is war to be had with other guilds?

Also, I like to play solo because people are stupid. I don’t like them, and the feeling’s mutual, so I see no need to pretend to like them just so I can get mastery points that are locked behind bad content.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I still don’t see what is so hardcore about the open world content.I thought the challenging content was suppose to be the raid then fractals/dungeons?

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

Aaand? I also play alone most of the time. I’m fed up with grouping up in MMOs, because everyone usually has a different play style and noone really wants to do the same thing at any given point in time. So there is at least someone who doesn’t enjoy what he’s currently doing in the game.

That’s why GW2 works so well for these players. You can run around on the map hot-join any large-scale event, talk with players there. But no further obligations. I wouldn’t call it playing solo, just not running around in a group.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: amiia.8139

amiia.8139

They created GW2 with alot of soloable content (I initially soloed whole game with Necro, prenerf) and people screamed that this is too easy. They added group required content (like it was always in since GuildWars1) and people scream that it is too hard. Oh boy, oh boy. Who the hell devs need to listen?

I have advice for You. Find Guild and do content with it. This game is meant to be played together since GuildWars1. Without my friends I woudn’t even look at GW2. So get Your back pieces togeher and stop whining about not be able to do it alone like forever alone guy.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Herald fully unlocked.
All Rev armour skins.
Level 28 mastery
Story finished

ALL as a solo player. I waited around at a few hero challenge for 5 mins til someone else showed up but never joined party.

GG Anet. HoT is awesome l!

Yes it isn’t a problem now – I’ve soloed a lot of the content, story, unlocked all of chronomancer…

Only a few hero challenge champs of the ones I’ve done so far require at least one other player (granted I’ve not done any yet in Dragon’s Stand) but you can get enough of them solo to unlock a full elite spec.

The problem is what happens in 6 months time? When players return to wvw, pvp, fractals, raids, or whatever their preference is and these maps and up mostly empty? I don’t think the meta events in any of these maps will be attractive enough to draw a significant population by this time next year.

I have no problem with the difficulty of content in HoT. My problem is that elite specs should not be locked behind content that is contrived and has nothing thematic in common with the spec itself (no npc trainers, no elite specific quests, etc…). Therefore I find the hero point challenges and requirement excessive and a potential problem for players in the future once the map population declines.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: elfos.2109

elfos.2109

I suggest you start changing your build and your gear if you cannot beat the game solo – other than some hero points that require beating a champion in less than 5 minutes (and even a few of those can be done solo). As many other players said, the game is largely soloable, the difficulty has just been taken up a notch, and that still does not make the game “hard”. Also, make sure you to use your dodges at the right times… it can take you from dying in 5 seconds to beating the game in a heartbeat.

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

And I’d advise you to look up the meaning of instead of assuming

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

They created GW2 with alot of soloable content (I initially soloed whole game with Necro, prenerf) and people screamed that this is too easy. They added group required content (like it was always in since GuildWars1) and people scream that it is too hard. Oh boy, oh boy. Who the hell devs need to listen?

I have advice for You. Find Guild and do content with it. This game is meant to be played together since GuildWars1. Without my friends I woudn’t even look at GW2. So get Your back pieces togeher and stop whining about not be able to do it alone like forever alone guy.

Ah yes – and because this worked out so well in GW1 they added those nice heroes an upped their number and functionality and absolutely because of that they made the classes in GW2 self sufficient …

Sue whoever tried to teach you logic ….

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Just get rid of the cheese timers.. that’s all I ask.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Unplayable Solo

Curunen.8729

This might be the best solution here.

Or at least increase the time.

Unplayable Solo

amiia.8139

The problem is what happens in 6 months time? When players return to wvw, pvp, fractals, raids, or whatever their preference is and these maps and up mostly empty? I don’t think the meta events in any of these maps will be attractive enough to draw a significant population by this time next year.

I have no problem with the difficulty of content in HoT. My problem is that elite specs should not be locked behind content that is contrived and has nothing thematic in common with the spec itself (no npc trainers, no elite specific quests, etc…). Therefore I find the hero point challenges and requirement excessive and a potential problem for players in the future once the map population declines.

And what happend in GuildWars1 when new xpacs were shipped? Sooner or later players will be in less quantity. Ask Yourself – You have our community for dumb guys that don’t have brain and will try to force solo everything? Or they are smart to team up or use map chat to ask for help? I never rejected player that was asking for help when I was near because this is not a reason to shame. Helping makes community stronger.

Unplayable Solo

amiia.8139

Ah yes – and because this worked out so well in GW1 they added those nice heroes an upped their number and functionality and absolutely because of that they made the classes in GW2 self sufficient …

They added it later on as there was lesser players to end content. Have You played pre-nightfall? There was no heroes till second xpansion and everything was working fine.

Unplayable Solo

Curunen.8729

And what happend in GuildWars1 when new xpacs were shipped? Sooner or later players will be in less quantity. Ask Yourself – You have our community for dumb guys that don’t have brain and will try to force solo everything? Or they are smart to team up or use map chat to ask for help? I never rejected player that was asking for help when I was near because this is not a reason to shame. Helping makes community stronger.

Oh I tend to help if someone asks in map chat, so I can see your point. If there’s enough players in the map then yes if someone asks for help they are likely to receive it.

But I know that when I’m finished exploring all the zones and unlocking any achievements I feel are worth the effort, I’ll be returning to pvp/wvw. I just wonder how many other players will do the same to their respective modes (assuming raids are attractive and other pve players return to other content) whether there will be sufficient population in the HoT maps to offer help when people ask for it.

Unplayable Solo

Chemical Rush.2569

Getting together with people doesn’t make you smart, it means you like being lazy on average. And this game just so happens to reward lazy.

For example, on WoW if you could solo dungeons that were your level (probably stopped being possible in WotLK, pre-DK nerf), you got a much larger reward. You didn’t have to split gold between characters or share loot.

In GW2, the “richest” people are idiots who run in circles, literally all kitten day long, killing the same 6-8 mobs over and over, times several hundred. And what do they do? Right click the monsters once and cast an ability. I say AN ability, because the creature is usually dead by the time they can cast another ability. Ooooo, such team work. And the hero points aren’t much better. They are so easy with multiple players that it’s not worth considering it a challenge.

If anything, I am getting tired of you brainless sleeple ruining the game for everyone. You’ve already screwed the economy, and Fractals made it so solo players will likely never have as good of gear as you (at least anywhere near as quickly). And now you want to monopolize new content before other people get the chance? Screw that.

(edited by Chemical Rush.2569)

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

. Let me ask a question to all the whiners why have a good combat if the content is not challenging?.

Most casual or solo players I know want exactly that, challenging content. People don’t seem to be reading what that group are actually saying instead translating it to QQ and assuming people just want a faceroll game that one can beat by spamming an auto-attack.

This simply isn’t true if you actually take the time to read players issues.

Mobs with large HP pools , timers and huge DPS that can one-shot does not actually equate to challenging content. All it does is create a mechanic that falsely seems that way till you are forced to team up, not due to challenge, but to make a combined HP and DPS output greater than that of the mob(s) you are facing.

That’s not challenging content. It’s weight of numbers pure and simple.

Add that to the ease some classes have with this content solo compared to others, especially higher HP classes with more mitigation options or ranged DPS and it’s not hard to see where the issue is.

Doesn’t really mean much in a game without GvG.

A lot of valid reasons have been given in the thread, most important in my eyes in that the game was actually marketed to players who enjoy playing this way.

For my part I’m 50/50. Some times I like rolling with guildies and friends and like content geared at that type of play (fractals, dungeons, guild missions or events, etc, etc mostly in the weekends when I have to time to do such things) but other times I prefer just doing my own thing…yes….alone…., especially after a hard day at work which revolves around customer service and dealing with others all day (open world, dailies, world bosses, just roaming and doing random events, etc, just something I can pop in and enjoy for an hour or two after work).

Point is this used to be an optional choice where now at times I am forced to group to progress in open world content and my enjoyment and access of this content is dictated by others, I just don’t dig games that force me that in the open world.

It won’t make me quit, seems a tad over-dramatic this early on, but I will play less and I understand why players who enjoy this more “casual” play style may avoid the new content entirely, at least for now.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

(edited by fireflyry.7023)

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

This might be the best solution here.

Or at least increase the time.

Well – Balthazar does not have a timer ….

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

They added it later on as there was lesser players to end content. Have You played pre-nightfall? There was no heroes till second xpansion and everything was working fine.

GW2 is suffering from a lack of players (hence the mega servers) …. so GW2 is where GW1 was after nightfall, population wise …

Unplayable Solo

amiia.8139

GW2 is suffering from a lack of players (hence the mega servers) …. so GW2 is where GW1 was after nightfall, population wise …

Any proof in real data, loudmouth? Megaservers were a fix for lack of population. You really thing that Devs didn’t calculated this? You feel smarter than Devs? Go ahead and create game like GW, I dare You. Until then don’t spread bullkitten about game development and my logic, Mister Dotter.

Getting together with people doesn’t make you smart, it means you like being lazy on average. And this game just so happens to reward lazy.

For example, on WoW if you could solo dungeons that were your level (probably stopped being possible in WotLK, pre-DK nerf), you got a much larger reward. You didn’t have to split gold between characters or share loot.

In GW2, the “richest” people are idiots who run in circles, literally all kitten day long, killing the same 6-8 mobs over and over, times several hundred. And what do they do? Right click the monsters once and cast an ability. I say AN ability, because the creature is usually dead by the time they can cast another ability. Ooooo, such team work. And the hero points aren’t much better. They are so easy with multiple players that it’s not worth considering it a challenge.

If anything, I am getting tired of you brainless sleeple ruining the game for everyone. You’ve already screwed the economy, and Fractals made it so solo players will likely never have as good of gear as you (at least anywhere near as quickly). And now you want to monopolize new content before other people get the chance? Screw that.

You realize that You just insulted 100% of MMO game community? I highly disgrace this attitude in MMO because it kills this genre. For solo games probably You should go back to Baldurs Gate times. Games are meant to be played together. Group based games are in advance to single ones. Even if we look at non-computer games.

Yes they are smart. They group together to do it easy way. But they need to GROUP first. They need to think first what would make it easy! Zerg usually wins everywhere. More hands in work = easier work. But “richest” people are the smartest ones – in the game and out of game.
First of all think what would happen when in game like this “KillSteal” would be involved like in other games. There would be so much flame involved and no meta events would progress.
Second of all You are poor because You dip fangs ino zerg rushers? Join them – they are just doing what is effective. It is not about “team work” it is about what is effective and what is not.

To short things up. They see profit – they group up and profit, You see mindless zerg but You didn’t realized that they aren’t stupid people. There are no stupid people except these ones who throw limits/problems at their feets.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I am so glad I held off buying this expansion. I’m not the greatest game in the world it has to be said which is why I came to GW2 for the casual side of things.

I’ll be keeping an eye on these boards to see if things change before I take the plunge.

Big thank you to all for your posts; it has made my decision to buy much easier.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

But they need to GROUP first.

è_é That was not written on the game box we would need social skills and be forced to be play with others for maximum benefits!!!!

*joking* It’s known as a MMO :D And I never been bothered to help people or ask help.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: JOKe.3597

JOKe.3597

This is MMO you should not play solo.. if you want to play solo go play witcher.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

This is MMO you should not play solo.. if you want to play solo go play witcher.

MMO does not mean this. Do some research.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

Any proof in real data, loudmouth? Megaservers were a fix for lack of population. You really thing that Devs didn’t calculated this? You feel smarter than Devs? Go ahead and create game like GW, I dare You. Until then don’t spread bullkitten about game development and my logic, Mister Dotter..

Er – you say “lack of population” I say “lack of players” yet you go aggressive on me … take a shower, a cold one, and look up “politeness” before you post again.

As a GW1 player I know how many Zones we had (and still have) on festivities. Now you can go to the boss maps in GW2 and see how often you get the “leave map” message and also how easy it is to force a new map by mass zoning.

Time has moved on and ALL MMOs have a population problem. That is why GW2 decided to do self-sufficient classes in the first place – so that people would not be forced to look for party members to do content. They still added party only content but about 90% – 95% of the game can be played solo without the need of henchmen or heroes.

So – where’s the contradiction to anything I said except being rather rude? Had a bad day and just wanted to vent off some steam?

HoT, though, did change all that – most players and classes will be hard pressed to solo the most important parts of HoT (for getting XP to unlock masteries and getting the HP to unlock their elite spec) once the maps get less population. And, yes, that is a failed design – especially as the loot is not really overwhelming so people will (at the moment) probably still grind Silverwastes because it gives better rewards per hours spent.

And – as someone working in quality assurance – I meet developer swho so totally do not get it every day. It’s not a matter of being a loudmouth, it’s a matter of trying to avoid boxed thinking and trying to see where things lead to. Developers have a rather focused point of view – that’s needed to get their things done (and not redesign 10 times while coding) but the drawback of this is, that they sometimes tend to not see consequences outside of their current view.

And – think the trait system that was introduced with the NPE – sometimes they can be HORRIBLY wrong in predicting the consequences of their coding.

I like HoT – but it has a few drawbacks that need to be worked on/thought over before too many frustrated players have left (do you read the feedback threads – not an ideal situation) and the extension get’s an (undeserved) bad rating because of a few (but important) bad design choices.

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

Aw, that’s a bit over-generalized. What you describe is zerg-mentality. But “getting together” on a party level is indeed a smart thing – just watch youtube and high level fractals or speed dungeons – these guys know what they do, they’re NOT lazy and they play pretty smart.