Unplayable Solo

Unplayable Solo

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

for tyra lol!!!! [Will The Legnedary Kenage kill another dragon agine?.

Attachments:

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Guild Wars 2 is a mmo

This means nothing other than massively multiple players are all playing the same game. Doesn’t mean they’re all doing the same things at the same time in the same place.

It does however mean if you want a single player experience you’re better off alt-f4’ing and playing the legendary game of Solitaire instead.

So, you’re saying those looking for a multiplayer experience would be better off trying Poker or Go Fish?

It’s more logical than coming on a forum to complain that a game built upon playing with a large number of people is somehow, not upto your standards of playing solo.

Honestly, it’s pretty sad how many players do not fundamentally realize that MMO’s at their core are about co-operative play. This includes the open world. If it was meant to be a single player experience you’d be in instances scaled for exactly 1 person.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Mike.7263

Mike.7263

Caithe could solo the jungle.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Solo players cannot advance in the new content, and any decent publisher would disclose such a fundamental change prior to taking your money.

what do you mean you cannot advance? I have done the personal story till tangled depths and so far i may have died once.

If you mean you cannot complete the open world events, i have also soloed those (except for the ones with the champions on a timer, or the wyvern, but those are not meant to be soloed).

Heck, i’ve mapped all of verdant brink with only two traits unlocked in the elite spec.

And i am far from a hardcore player. I don’t have my legendary yet, i don’t have 20k achievement points, i am not dragon in pvp.

just don’t run head on into stuff you don’t know, fight in high ground, have always an escape plan, and don’t try to solo the champions for chrissakes!

Also, in events, go always for the snippers first, and dodge the bombers that oneshot you.

I think that all this complaining comes from people running glass cannon builds, meant for organised groups, into a pack full of mobs with stuns, evades, blinds… one does not simply do that!

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I’m giving up, this is more like Dark Souls online then GW2, it’s a horrible experience to try and play this solo.

The shift in game style from the core game is like day and night, you go from a fun, solo casual, game to hardcore, group only in a second.

You go from a boring, mind-numbing 1 click autoattack fest to semi fun, active combat in which your enemies don’t all do the same attacks, and you have to take down the heavy hitters first.

And you’ve never played dark souls, it seems.

hint: if your character cannot survive a stun, then you are probably carrying the wrong gear?

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

Maps feel pretty empty already. Where you saw with release 3 or 4 commanders on a map I see mostly none now.

I did like the first 2 maps, but still most if not almost all Hero Points spawns a Champ. Finding some waypoints can be challenging, even more cause the map layout can be chaotic.

For me the first map was insanely awsome and was hoping to get more…2nd map was bit less, and 3rd and 4th map was a total letdown for me. Thinking I need to do more experience there to unlock my stuff, is making me not very happy.

Piken Square

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

You always find people to do hero challenge champions… I’m one vista away from perfecting Verdant Brink and did it almost solo…

Bring friends, improve your build, improve your gear quality, balance offense and defense, adapt to your foes weaknesses, use control, read how foes move, dodge.

I always carry a range weapon to fight some of them.
Arrowhead are easy to deal with from range and you can dodge them too
small tip: they roll to you, dodge through them, not away from them.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

I did my story solo on my glass ele. It is doable. You just have to be more careful of how you engage the enemy.

That’s only part of it, though. The traditional solo player wants to get his PERSONAL story done (check), explore and roam around (check, though difficult), harvest materials (check, more difficult than Tyria but very doable) – have a couple of events they can do solo or with a few people who happen to be at the same location (check, though difficulty depends a lot on your class and build – my condi necro and condi mesmer can even solo camp defense, my guardian …. struggles …) and map completition (oops, no check here because of the HP design).

Making the HP about 50% a group thing is (my opinion) a bad decision as it really goes against solo players – making the elite spec unlockable by HP and by making HP challenges the only source of HP was another very bad decision – never mind the actual amount you need.

They could, instead, have offered croup and solo adventures along with solo HP challenges. Solo play giving less HP than in group but enough to unlock your elite spec. This would also have made map completition possible.

Is it really big problem for you? It is group content. You can just do this 10 Hero Points events with some people. Right?

Sighs – before the nerf … have you ever tried to get the Baltgazar’s skill point in Orr? I had to wait for weeks to get it until people finally did the meta event (yay, to megaserver :/) We have no clue yet where people will go to in about half a year or so and it might get tough to find people for the HP then – allow me to see a bit further that the immediate now. And allow me to draw my conclusions from the fact how long it took ANet to react to a severly depopulated Orr – except Cursed Shore, that is.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

so you want to solo kill a elder dragon…

I already did. That’s besides the point of the topic.

not really, you killed it with the help of npc, you didnt really slain it personally alone.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

HoT is soloable. I dont get why so many people are having issues with it. The only mobs you cannot outright solo are the Bosses and Champs. If you are a good player you can run around in berserk gear, if you are not then you can’kittens pretty simple.

I think those that are QQ’ing over this need to reflect on their class/build choices and go back to the drawing board to figure out what they are doing wrong.

And Champs being what waits at most HP challenges which is what you need to complete your “elite” spec … so you say it’s unplayable but then claim it is not. Funny

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

lol this is a hilarious thread. I also hate when I buy a multiplayer game and can’t play it by myself.

quoted for truth

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

so you want to solo kill a elder dragon….erm….

You can do that to Zhaitan now.

nah, you slain zhaitan by using pact’s airship. i doubt you can slain it with your character alone. nothing is solo-ed in the storyline, you receive all kind of helps from pacts and such.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

I’m giving up, this is more like Dark Souls online then GW2, it’s a horrible experience to try and play this solo.

The shift in game style from the core game is like day and night, you go from a fun, solo casual, game to hardcore, group only in a second.

You go from a boring, mind-numbing 1 click autoattack fest to semi fun, active combat in which your enemies don’t all do the same attacks, and you have to take down the heavy hitters first.

hint: if your character cannot survive a stun, then you are probably carrying the wrong gear?

Your hint isn’t quite helpful – even with full tough + vit gear you don’t stand a chance if things go wrong. There are TONS of mobs that kick you around and if you have a spawn with 3 of those you’ll run out of stunbreakers and dodges and as soon as you lie in the dirt for good you have 2 or 3 snipers fire their fiery line at you … dead.

It’s quite easy to avoid them in a group becvause they do not focus on the same player but when you play solo ALL enemies will lock target on YOU and 2 or 3 snipers + one stun/knockdown guy is a deadly combination – it’s not really a matter of the gear. When you get into one of those fights your gear only determines how fast you die.

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

You always find people to do hero challenge champions… I’m one vista away from perfecting Verdant Brink and did it almost solo…

Bring friends, improve your build, improve your gear quality, balance offense and defense, adapt to your foes weaknesses, use control, read how foes move, dodge.

I always carry a range weapon to fight some of them.
Arrowhead are easy to deal with from range and you can dodge them too
small tip: they roll to you, dodge through them, not away from them.

When I first went to Orr (all those years ago) – it was easy to get all the skill challenges as well. When I decided to build a little Asura Army I loved my little warrior that I decided to do world completition with him as well. Orr was a nightmare – especially the first 2 zones because they were completely deserted.

Since we have no clue how the new maps will feel in half a year or so … allow me to draw my conclusions from my Orr experience and say I am not happy with group content HP challenges.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

If think most people miss something. It’s okay to die in PvE, it means monsters are not pinatas.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

If think most people miss something. It’s okay to die in PvE, it means monsters are not pinatas.

Quoted for truth.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Your hint isn’t quite helpful – even with full tough + vit gear you don’t stand a chance if things go wrong. There are TONS of mobs that kick you around and if you have a spawn with 3 of those you’ll run out of stunbreakers and dodges and as soon as you lie in the dirt for good you have 2 or 3 snipers fire their fiery line at you … dead.

It’s quite easy to avoid them in a group becvause they do not focus on the same player but when you play solo ALL enemies will lock target on YOU and 2 or 3 snipers + one stun/knockdown guy is a deadly combination – it’s not really a matter of the gear. When you get into one of those fights your gear only determines how fast you die.

Don’t just make this about gear, run different weapons, utilities, even traits. Prioritize survival before you start ramping up your personal damage.

In the instance of fighting 2-3 snipers, which can happen but not as often as typically Mordrem will only be in groups of 2+ at certain parts of the map otherwise they are all separated and its up to the player to ‘accidently’ aggro a bunch, Snipers start off either with their channeled snipe or they go into stealth. Good news is that either one of those has them sticking to the same spot. Either put up a block or dodge after…I say 2-3 seconds, you gotta get a rhythm for it.

Snipers blow up easily, they have only like 10k life for the normal ones, so if you can burst one down do so. If you can’t try to use terrain and LoS them. They have a single stunbreak they will use if they get CCed multiple times in succession. This will also kick you and they will roll back. They are one of the high priority targets that should die quickly in a skirmish.

Hope that helps!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

Don’t just make this about gear, run different weapons, utilities, even traits. Prioritize survival before you start ramping up your personal damage.

In the instance of fighting 2-3 snipers, which can happen but not as often as typically Mordrem will only be in groups of 2+ at certain parts of the map otherwise they are all separated and its up to the player to ‘accidently’ aggro a bunch, Snipers start off either with their channeled snipe or they go into stealth. Good news is that either one of those has them sticking to the same spot. Either put up a block or dodge after…I say 2-3 seconds, you gotta get a rhythm for it.

Snipers blow up easily, they have only like 10k life for the normal ones, so if you can burst one down do so. If you can’t try to use terrain and LoS them. They have a single stunbreak they will use if they get CCed multiple times in succession. This will also kick you and they will roll back. They are one of the high priority targets that should die quickly in a skirmish.

Hope that helps!

It’s not about running the map – that’s the easy part. It’s about events – even ones not flagged as group events. And even when I was solo with just the Exalted to guide about 8 – 10 mobs spawned and gl. if you get a Vet Sniper – tons of damage and sure as hell more than 10k health Add 2 Cavaliers and there is only one way you can do this on most classes … RUN away. Not much fun, eh.

PU Mesmer and condi Necro on the other hand … muhahaha … bring on MOOOORE. whereas my Guardian, Ranger, … rez at next WP. It’s really quite dependant on what class you run in HoT. My condi Necro has a fun time – pick the toughest, run circles, apply condis … spread them. Collect loot … next group please. With the Guardian I’ve come to avoid any event (on map2, map 1 is ok) if there isn’t at least one other player so that I’m not the only target of interest whereas my PU Mesmer or condi Necro can at times easily solo group events. AoE condition + toughness/vit makes HoT a lot easier but not all classes have access to that – it’s going to be really interesting how my Engineer will fare because that’s a thing he is pretty good at.

Edit: If the first story chapter is any indication he’s going to have a blast

(edited by HtFde.3856)

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Yet another rent.
I came through all the content alone.
With Valkyrie set;)

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: kumi.8547

kumi.8547

I could not have said it better. I been playing Warcrack for 10+ years and came tc GW2 and loved it 1-80 so much fun. I have fun going solo and killing stuff and then doing some PVP. HOT hit and wow as you say the core game shifted so much. I want a challenge but it needs to be fun and HOT is not fun. AreaNet should have said what a change this would be. They better make it more for solo play because if people stop playing HOT will be totally unplayable. I thought it was just me being programed to WOW for years and steamrolling through stuff.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

Seriously? I was testing something so I decided to run from Verdant Brink to the Dragon Stand with a lvl 50 Mesmer. It took me some time, and got 1 shot KOed a lot, couldn’t really kill anything but it wasn’t impossible.
Are you guys seriously that bad at the game to think that the difficulty is too high to survive alone on the jungle, or simply lazy to try different builds?

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I’m running my new main through there. She is a condi reaper with full vipers armor and rabid trinkets. I don’t kill things as quick as many power builds, but I fear nothing the jungle can throw at me including a large pack of raptors.

My suggestion if you are having problems soloing is to build a bit tougher. The zerg meta may work well for some players, but if you are having problems why die when you can take knights instead or berserkers?

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Tharen.6087

Tharen.6087

@Raven. You can’t even open the story line till lvl 80.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Seriously? I was testing something so I decided to run from Verdant Brink to the Dragon Stand with a lvl 50 Mesmer. It took me some time, and got 1 shot KOed a lot, couldn’t really kill anything but it wasn’t impossible.
Are you guys seriously that bad at the game to think that the difficulty is too high to survive alone on the jungle, or simply lazy to try different builds?

Are you seriously that bad at logic to think that’s a convincing argument?

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

lol wooow some people are so fast to point the finger. i bet everyone is out there only to get them, huh?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

it is difficult and at some spots the enemies can have a small tone down but it’s not impossible, ppl used to say necro’s are useless yet i get through it like it’s nothing….

all they need to do is lower the density of enemies in normal area’s, the rest is fine the way it is.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Simple and straightforward. The base game made it so that if you were playing solo you could get things done even in Silverwastes until the last meta event and Dry Top. If people helped that would be great and make things easier, but it wasn’t necessary.

The new maps make it necessary and that probably should have been made clear to players. I get people want difficult PvE content, but save that for Raids and not Open World.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

lol this is a hilarious thread. I also hate when I buy a multiplayer game and can’t play it by myself.

I play it by myself generally just fine, that’s why I’m getting a chuckle out of this topic. Sure challenges require more than one person but generally, for map completion, people eventually arrive just to help or get the HP as well.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Simple and straightforward. The base game made it so that if you were playing solo you could get things done even in Silverwastes until the last meta event and Dry Top. If people helped that would be great and make things easier, but it wasn’t necessary.

The new maps make it necessary and that probably should have been made clear to players. I get people want difficult PvE content, but save that for Raids and not Open World.

Metas aren’t meant to be solo-able. Try to solo Behemoth, should you ever get lucky to find a Queensdale map with nobody on it, if that is ever possible. It doesn’t work. Now with that analogy, you could just as easily ignore the meta and go continue killing mobs – HoT doesn’t break that trend. It just puts a bigger emphasis on metas that open up areas.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: IntheCoconut.3497

IntheCoconut.3497

I am assuming this thread was meant for BEFORE Anet fixed the empty map issue. When I first played HoT, I kept getting put into empty instances, and it was admittedly frustrating. It was a ghost town and every event I would come across, it was up to myself and only myself to try and complete it. It was not a fun experience. But since Anet rebalanced the map population, I haven’t run into this issue. I haven’t once had to ask for help in /map chat because there are always people around to participate. So far I’m having a blast.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

Not really, I was simply looking for a way to show up the fact that I was able to run to the dragon stand with a lvl 50 toon xD

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

I’m still seeing mostly empty maps. I think the most I’ve seen at an event is maybe 20? Normally I see 0-10 people at most events. Could be a culling problem maybe, but I find myself mostly alone in the new maps. It makes me a bit sad.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m still seeing mostly empty maps. I think the most I’ve seen at an event is maybe 20? Normally I see 0-10 people at most events. Could be a culling problem maybe, but I find myself mostly alone in the new maps. It makes me a bit sad.

I experience this a lot in TD especially.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Not really, I was simply looking for a way to show up the fact that I was able to run to the dragon stand with a lvl 50 toon xD

That is something to be proud of, and Mesmers are awesome, of course, but it doesn’t really prove anything germane to the question of HoT playability.

On the other hand, if you were to complete all the HoT maps and metas with a level 50 Mesmer, thread over.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

VB, AB and TD aren’t that hard. Like most lvl 80 maps they’re events that can be soloed to a skilled player. Like most maps there are events that just cant. That’s just the way it is. If your having that much troble, it is time to figure out a better build. I only see DS as the only unsoloable map.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

Solo players cannot advance in the new content, and any decent publisher would disclose such a fundamental change prior to taking your money.

OP is correct. The xpac is not solo friendly. Sure, if you are lucky you might find a reasonable map in the earlier zones. But more likely, you will find a map that has a few languishing events and not enough commanders to progress.

It is called Guld wars after all, yet they have been very solo friend for a long time. To suddenly change seems rather foolish and I’d bet a fair amount of money that their play-time stats support my statement. So, after some tweaks and maybe some whining from the die-hards and the fan-boys, they will fix things. If they don’t, well, they aren’t the only game in town. I have enjoyed the game and will monitor things but I no longer log in, not even for “I’m still here” tap. Color me not pleased but hopeful they come to their sense.

(edited by qbalrog.8017)

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

basically some people complain because their full zerker gear set is now obsolete in HoT map….

OK – invite me in and I watch you do the Balthazar skill point solo …

sure, i’ll bring my thief…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Pun intended im sure.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Half agree with OP. Haven’t been to HOT maps in weeks because beside meta event (hello taxi) they aren’t very fun to play by myself. Cannot get that sense of exploration that I had in the old maps.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’ve soloed everything so far except certain hero points and metas . . . of course. I could definitely solo all the hero points if it weren’t for those timers, but your mileage may vary.

But don’t worry. Nerfs to the overall landscape and events are definitely coming. Bet money on it.

Gone to Reddit.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I cannot accept that I’m some sort of especially good player. I regularly screw up which power I mean to use, I can’t figure out timing for dodges outside of very choreographed situations, and I just make up my stat allocation without looking at what’s actually giving me the most bang for my buck. I also adhere to builds more because they look interesting rather than actually being effective in combat.

All that said, I have not had any trouble soloing all the content. I solo events in the new maps, some of them just can’t be soloed. No matter how well you play they’ll fail if you don’t have more people covering different areas, but that’s ok. No matter how dead the map I get squeezed into, though, most of the time someone shows up before I reach that point.

The maps aren’t dead because no one is playing. The maps are dead because so many people are playing that you’re on a left over map.

The only frustration to solo play that I’ve run into is the champion hero points. But there are enough hero points, spread across the whole expansion that, along with the reduced requirement for elites, you can get all the points you need without doing those. If you’re trying to get the collection for the skins, well put out a call. It may take a while, but collections are meant to take a while.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Guild Wars 2 is a mmo

This means nothing other than massively multiple players are all playing the same game. Doesn’t mean they’re all doing the same things at the same time in the same place.

It does however mean if you want a single player experience you’re better off alt-f4’ing and playing the legendary game of Solitaire instead.

So, you’re saying those looking for a multiplayer experience would be better off trying Poker or Go Fish?

It’s more logical than coming on a forum to complain that a game built upon playing with a large number of people is somehow, not upto your standards of playing solo.

Honestly, it’s pretty sad how many players do not fundamentally realize that MMO’s at their core are about co-operative play. This includes the open world. If it was meant to be a single player experience you’d be in instances scaled for exactly 1 person.

Except you’re posting on a forum of a game that before the exansion WAS JUST THAT TYPE OF GAME, where instances were side-issues and totally avoidable if you chose and group event were likewise.

HOT changed GW2 into a group-or-die game where simply progressing one’s character by unlocking skills is no longer doable without HAVING to ‘group up’, GW2 pre-HOT WAS NOT LIKE THAT!

ANET took our money without ever telling us they were changing it from a solo-friendly, group optional game, to a solo-hostile 1990s group-or-die one.

GW2 after HOT is really GW3, a throwback to the last century’s idea of what ‘playing other people’ means.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Guild Wars 2 is a mmo

Except you’re posting on a forum of a game that before the exansion WAS JUST THAT TYPE OF GAME, where instances were side-issues and totally avoidable if you chose and group event were likewise.

HOT changed GW2 into a group-or-die game where simply progressing one’s character by unlocking skills is no longer doable without HAVING to ‘group up’, GW2 pre-HOT WAS NOT LIKE THAT!

ANET took our money without ever telling us they were changing it from a solo-friendly, group optional game, to a solo-hostile 1990s group-or-die one.

GW2 after HOT is really GW3, a throwback to the last century’s idea of what ‘playing other people’ means.

You can still progress your character (unlocking elite spec) without needing anyone.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Guild Wars 2 is a mmo

You can still progress your character (unlocking elite spec) without needing anyone.

Unlocking and capping are two different things, I have it unlocked, I’m nowhere near capping it and need HPs only doable with groups, either to do the challenge itself or simply to unlock access to the challenge in the first place.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Guild Wars 2 is a mmo

All the caps in the world doesn’t change the fact that you are using a hyperbole. The content in place before was group orientated. Just because it “could” be solo’d does not mean that it was designed to be solo’d. In fact all it does is reinforce the fact that previous core tyria content was too easy.

Also, maybe its just a difference in player skill, mindset or what have you. I’ve not run into this group or die content. I’m not saying i don’t die, but what i am saying is that if you chose your fights wisely, you can make your way through the world just fine solo.

Unplayable Solo

Ayrilana.1396

Guild Wars 2 is a mmo

Unlocking and capping are two different things, I have it unlocked, I’m nowhere near capping it and need HPs only doable with groups, either to do the challenge itself or simply to unlock access to the challenge in the first place.

I’ll rephrase. It is entirely possible to MAX your elite spec without needing to team up with other players. There are more than enough hero points available to do so. The only limitation on the player is the one they choose to impose on themselves.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Guild Wars 2 is a mmo

What exactly do you “need” those particular HPs for? There are more than enough HPs in HoT to max out your elite without grouping. Do you just need to learn how you play your class better? I have 14 characters right now, at least one of every class at 80. I’m far from the best, I make stupid mistakes regularly and make build decisions that others have called “objectively bad,” yet I have not run into this problem even once.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Unplayable Solo

Ayrilana.1396

Guild Wars 2 is a mmo

What exactly do you “need” those particular HPs for? There are more than enough HPs in HoT to max out your elite without grouping. Do you just need to learn how you play your class better? I have 14 characters right now, at least one of every class at 80. I’m far from the best, I make stupid mistakes regularly and make build decisions that others have called “objectively bad,” yet I have not run into this problem even once.

I agree. I’m running a 12th character through now and have had no issues completely unlocking my elite spec. I’ve done this for each class.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Guild Wars 2 is a mmo

Sounds like an interesting challenge: Unlock your elite spec in HoT only → do 25 HoT hero challenges.

I’ve actually got a lvl 80 ranger who has done nothing beyond unlocking all core tyria waypoints (to see how long it would take → slightly less than 10 hours) and full core personal story (again to see the length → again around 10 hours, although that was just before the latest story revision, so I’d expect it to take a bit longer nowadays). I might just take her into HoT next weekend to see how far I’ll get with her druid spec playing solo. Does showing up at hero points others are calling out in map chat count as “solo”?

Unplayable Solo

Ayrilana.1396

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3td33y/a_soloable_hp_guide_for_getting_all_your_specs/

I’ll also add that the vine tooth HP in AB can be done solo. You just need to time your attacks and look for the visual cue for his main attack so you can dodge it.