Vet players got more!

Vet players got more!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: uriel.2597

uriel.2597

Excuse me, am I getting it right? Looks from the posts that the price is the same in USD and GBP? Obviously I’ve just mixed the two up, right?

Vet players got more!

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Well the point of my post was to show veteran players that we did in FACT get more stuff then the new players just by playing the game as long as we did. It has now just become another price argument thread.

So to sum up the main topic of my post. Some old players feel we got nothing while new players are getting a freebie. Old players have received more free content over the time and well that was a perk for being an older player.

Have fun talking about prices and missing the whole point..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Vet players got more!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

You’ve played the entire expansion to know what content is included?

Le Sigh

No one has. That’s one of the points. We have a company offering a product without revealing what that product contains in its entirety. If there is much more to the expansion than has already been shown, it would be to ANet’s advantage to reveal it. Since they haven’t, people are making the decision as to whether there is value for money in HoT based on what has been shown. Pricing something and offering it for sale and expecting the customer to believe there is more to it than you’ve revealed is asking too much.

As to your OP…

The base GW2 game came with certain content. People already had a good idea what was contained before the prepurchase became available. That price paid for all that launch content. That price and gem sales paid for the added content, features, etc.

HoT is an independent business transaction. The original purchase and any money spent on gems do not apply. Therefore, the existence of “free” content does not matter, either. A responsible consumer judges the value of a product based on what that product contains for the price. Such a consumer may choose to trust the company, or not — and that is that customers’ affair, not the company’s, and certainly not another customer’s (you, for instance).

Based on posts, a lot of people bought multiple copies of GW2 for whatever reason. Other “new vets” recently bought the game in anticipation of HoT. They got to play the game for however long? Irrelevant if they purchased those accounts anticipating they would need to have them to apply HoT. ANet told potential HoT customers they would need to own the base game to be able to play HoT. This is no longer true.

Customers who bought an account based on ANet’s saying. “The base game is needed to play HoT.” have every right to consider that they’ve been wronged. This is true whether the change in what’s included is intended to milk more money out of people or was just something that was ill-considered.

That brings us back to trust. A company misinforms me about needing one product to access another. I spend money based on that information, and later find out I didn’t need to spend that money to get what I wanted. That type of experience destroys customer trust. If I no longer trust the company, I’d certainly question whether there is sufficient value in the new product based on its price — especially if the company only tells me part of what’s included.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Combination NC.9813

Combination NC.9813

Well the point of my post was to show veteran players that we did in FACT get more stuff then the new players just by playing the game as long as we did. It has now just become another price argument thread.

So to sum up the main topic of my post. Some old players feel we got nothing while new players are getting a freebie. Old players have received more free content over the time and well that was a perk for being an older player.

Have fun talking about prices and missing the whole point..

You do not seem to be taking into account that not every veteran player has been around for all that content, but do you think the free LS content that those that were has gotten is of the same volume as the entire base game in terms of story and gameplay?

Knights of the Round Vegetable [SASS], Tarnished Coast.

(edited by Combination NC.9813)

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

I’ve only experience a month or slightly more? I consider myself to be a newbie veteran. I purchased the core thinking it was needed. I was misled and lied to. It’s not a matter of being greedy. I also see that older veterans who bought the game will need to spend more than just $50 to experience the expansion in full. Either that, or they grind madly for that character slot. Is it fair older players needs to pay $60 instead of $50?

Not sure if anyone told you this yet, but open a support ticket. I don’t know what the cutoff date is but they will work with you to either refund or upgrade to a pre-purchase option.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/i-got-the-game-4-days-ago/first#post5161625

Vet players got more!

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

The same slight against player’s wallets applies to someone who bought the game on Monday for $10. It isn’t just against the veterans, but against everyone who already purchased the core game. From my experience in other games, the expansions did not include the core game, you needed to purchase it separately. WoW had the battlechest and then the newest expansion. Besides, ANet should cater more to their veteran player base.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

ANet told potential HoT customers they would need to own the base game to be able to play HoT. This is no longer true.

This is still 100% true, that is why the base game is included with the HoT pre-purchase options.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Zoul.1087

Zoul.1087

ANet told potential HoT customers they would need to own the base game to be able to play HoT. This is no longer true.

This is still 100% true, that is why the base game is included with the HoT pre-purchase options.

No it’s not. I don’t get an extra copy if I already have one.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Stop being greedy?….after spending over 300$ in gems in less than a year of playing & A.Net can’t even bother to bundle a slot with the basic……please OP.

(edited by Lyger.5429)

Vet players got more!

Posted by: ilMasa.2546

ilMasa.2546

Its not about the 50 $/€ or beeing GREEDY,its a matter of courtesy and value.

COURTESY:

While I fully understand the business move made to bring new players,by giving them the game+expansion for a single price….It is totally rude to the veterans of this game.

While in the majority of the mmos u r allowed to create a charaters (generally more than 5 toons x server :p ) on multiple servers… on GW2 u cant: u select ONE server and there u have it for the eternity,unless u decide to pay to get a transfer or to delete all of your toons and start from scratch on a different server.

Again,i understand they have to make profit in a b2p game with microtransactions…but still…giving a free slot to the veterans its just COURTESY…
And we r talking about 800 gems…small reward for 50 $

VALUE:

For new players its a great deal: u get GW2+HoT for just 50$
For the veterans…im not that sure.

If I wanted to niggle i could say “i already payed for the core game” so “the gift” included in the offer,to me has no value.

So at this point I can only look at the contents offered in the expansion and then try to figure out if they are worth the price for what i like.

What really interested me about HoT were the new specializations and im sorry but TO ME, its not enuf to justify that price.

(edited by ilMasa.2546)

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

£35 for an expansion featuring a much vaunted new class. A class that you can’t actually play unless you hand them another £10 on top of the expansion’s £35.

Including a character slot isn’t that much to ask. is it?

Yeah, it’s parsimonious cheap kittenrdly money-grabbing. Five slots if you’re a new player; none if you’re not. Good gracious, it’s almost as if they want us to have to buy a new slot… But then again, most of us won’t actually pay for a new one. And we all know that, unless you’re a very casual player, you don’t need to. Earn gold, buy gems, buy slot. Rinse, repeat.

(Run Silverwastes. Run Fractals. Run dungeons. Sell loot. Or any one of half a dozen other ways of earning money. But they all need a little investment of effort.)

((Creasing myself here at the censoring software apparently trying to stop me saying that ANet are being cheapskates. Shuffles off singing “Only a Ginga can call another Ginga ‘Ginga’…”))

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Vet players got more!

briggah.7910

Stop being greedy?….after spending over 300$ in gems in less than a year of playing & A.Net can’t even bother to bundle a slot with the basic……please OP.

So spent $300 dollars and can’t afford a $10 slot for another profession??? PLEASE

As already pointed out this wasn’t a topic about PRICES. It was about old players claiming we got nothing but new players get a freebie when we have had free content for years and the new players didn’t get that..

LOL at spending $300 dollars on gem store items yet complaining that you need to spend $10 more dollars for a profession slot. Convert gold to gems or better yet pay the extra for the more goodies that include the slot already.. Seeing as you spent so much money in past whats stopping you now? WOW some people.

People just like to complain is all I really see.

Player Vs Everyone

Vet players got more!

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Wow.

Someone hasn’t been playing since GW1 I see.

THOSE expansions were full on stand alone games in their own right with 2 new classes for each one AND if you already owned one of the prior games you got 2 free slots to allow you to experience the new classes after buying the expansions.

THIS expansion is not a standalone game (as per Anet), doesn’t have the same amount of content as the core game (as per Anet), is nowhere as expansive physically as the core game (as per Anet), and can ONLY be played if you have the core game already. Yet they are selling it to everyone at the same price as if it were a full game unto itself and brand new players are getting the game we’ve all paid for “for free” and us vets get the pleasure of paying the same amount for less content.

Its insulting.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Vet players got more!

briggah.7910

Wow.

Someone hasn’t been playing since GW1 I see.

THOSE expansions were full on stand alone games in their own right with 2 new classes for each one AND if you already owned one of the prior games you got 2 free slots to allow you to experience the new classes after buying the expansions.

THIS expansion is not a standalone game (as per Anet), doesn’t have the same amount of content as the core game (as per Anet), is nowhere as expansive physically as the core game (as per Anet), and can ONLY be played if you have the core game already. Yet they are selling it to everyone at the same price as if it were a full game unto itself and brand new players are getting the game we’ve all paid for “for free” and us vets get the pleasure of paying the same amount for less content.

Its insulting.

gw1 was a different style MMO.. Things change over time. gw1 is 10 years old. Changes happen whether you like them or not.

as per Anet? Please link to all your sources where they stated anything you just pointed out. They keep saying in twitch they have more stuff to show yet can’t talk about it.

You pad full price and have gotten content for years for free. Content that you won’t ever see coming back and new players didn’t experience. What don’t you get about that statement. You got more than any new person will ever get.. OMG

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

Vet players got more!

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Ok lemme end this argumentative thread now.

1. Price is out and usually when that happens the product is pretty much done. No company isn’t going to save huge groundbreaking announcements AFTER the price is out. No they will do it before to justify and whip up hype for their product.

2. Currently the revealed content isn’t worth $50. If you think they are going to reveal MORE between now and launch please read #1 again.

3. There’s no release date. They’ve accepted pre purchases (not even pre orders but a full fledged purchase) and haven’t even said when it was coming out. This is a kickstarter move on a fully released game….seriously horrendous business practice.

4. The core game isn’t free. Again the core game isn’t free. Its included in the price. More than likely its 10-20 bucks of that price. They are gouging the rest of us b/c they think they can.

You can’t refute these statements. They are true. Do I wish they weren’t….Hell yes. I’d rather have a full expansion with a full continent to explore, dungeons, etc, etc, etc. Unfortunately its not the case b/c if it was we’d already know about it.

Thank You

Vet players got more!

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Veterans keep this game alive by using their time on this game, and buying gems. And you have the gall to call them greedy? Some veterans spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on the gem store. You can kindly go you know what.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

The problem isn’t the price, it’s how they structured the bundles.

All of my character slots are in use. If I buy the $50 HoT, i cannot play the Revenant, part of the content I just paid for, without either deleting a character or buying another slot.

Alternatively, I could buy the game for $50 and as long as I don’t attach it to my current account I get 5 new character slots, empty bank slots, empty crafting material slots, etc. This means I lose out on over $50 worth of gem store add-ons for connecting the expansion to my account.

Adding a single character slot in the base package so I could at least access all the content I paid for would go a long way towards ameliorating the complaints that they are getting. They’ve essentially created a sudo-tier at $60 for current players to access all of the content.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

No matter the arguments used pro and con, I think the only thing which matters is the price. Giving new players the core game for free? Fine, but 50 euro for an expansion is… Very expensive! Stating that ‘veterans’ have the benefit of lots of experience and gameplay only makes this worse: that is exactly why they should not pay so much for some extra content. Indeed, now the anouncement is made, nothing will change. However, the price WILL drop after the release. That’s only a matter of time. Patience is a virtue

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Channel.9402

Channel.9402

Well i just don’t like to be getting the shorter end of the stick when making a deal/purchase. I’d have no problem buying the game even if everyone is required to pay 100usd for the base expansion set with no core game bundle, i don’t even mind if gw2 had a monthly sub while getting rid of the cash shop RNG. But i won’t be getting it cos the current deal is just an insult to vets player.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Akhili.2180

Akhili.2180

Maybe they need the extra cash for something else…

GW3 confirmed.

Seriously though, most of you WILL purchase the expansion regardless. Let’s be practical here. Even if you’re not satisfied with the amount of content at its current state (which we aren’t exactly sure of to begin with); whether it be at release or months after, you WILL buy HOT.

The amount of time you spent up to this point was not banking off of the original $50 tag of the official release back in 2012. You played the game because you enjoyed some aspect of it. And to watch someone attempt to cut all ties off would be absolutely hilarious. If I may, set up a scientific study on the maturity and consistency of “veteran” MMO players when faced with various amounts of subjective inequality.

It’s $50. That is $10 a week for 5 weeks. HOT won’t even be out that soon. I can find that much on the ground. Think of all the money you can find on the ground after you make the $50 to buy the expac! Maybe you could buy something real to argue about!

Some arguments have been made claiming that it’s not the money, it’s some other intangible emotional feely thing. Like as consumers, we’re inclined to have x, y and z because we matter. That is absolute horse feces. If the game were $20, there would still be something to complain about. Truth is, the majority of the crowd doesn’t feel that way. I am one of them. The quiet ones that you don’t see on the forums all the time are those who make up the majority of the game. And ANET knows that.

I will say that there probably could have been some incentive or reward for existing members (i.e. character slot), but they made the decision to not include it during whatever meeting they had concerning the matter. Could have been. Does not mean anyone earned that extra character slot. It would be like charity. So I’m guessing that some people just want some charity. For those people, that’s very feeble minded.

Think of the decision from the perspective of the developers. The more money incoming via the game, the better content they can come out with in the future. Hiring more employees, buying new technologies, to keep up with the exponentially increasing market. Even if that wasn’t the case, we couldn’t prove that and should push to support the developers as much as we can. $50/3 years is bloody cheap. I’m willing to bet that they know people will be disappointed with HOT, and are already working on a real expansion. The less money they have, the slower the process will be. Why can’t some of you think bigger picture for once? Give them the benefit of the doubt.

I’m starting to think that some of us are real engineers, with real hobosacks. This amount of uproar from, presumably adults, is really disappointing.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Cambeleg.7632

Cambeleg.7632

So many posts saying us veterans didn’t get anything and new players are getting the core game for free really makes me think how many of you are actually veteran players.

Us veteran players have gotten to experience all the open world events since release with new patches every few weeks. These new players won’t get all that the same way we did even if they get a “bonus” free version with buying HoT.

They won’t hear while afk’ing at the bank in LA the asura and char that say “Your face is funny”, “No, your face is funny. It’s like a little raisin”

They didn’t experience the festival events and seasoned events like we did.

They won’t see LA getting destroyed and how we fought over it while scarlet attacked it.

They won’t get to fight marionette like we did cause that is all gone and done.

They probably won’t see SAB seeing as people still riot about it to this day.

They didn’t get to farm aetherblades in zones and have tons of champs spawning.

Those are just a few examples but so many other open world events that these new players will never experience even if they do get a “Bonus” free version of the core game.

Stop being greedy and thinking its all about new players when new players will have missed out on a ton of content that is no longer available. Veterans have the memories of all that has happened since launch of this game to this date while new players will never experience those events.

And? It’s our fault if they didn’t join the GW2-train when all this happened?

All this trash about ‘hey, new players are gonna miss out bla bla bla’ is just a poor excuse for who doesn’t have arguments for arguing against a fair disagreement by part of a big group of veterans.

I’m playing GW2 since almost 3 years ago, and I have right to request a character slot or to deduce the ‘Core’ cost from the Basic Edition if I already bought the game years ago, for buying HoT. As old player and as customer.

You don’t? Perfect, it’s your choice. But don’t tell the rest of veterans to not protest about something they find unfair.

Its really just that simple.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Cambeleg.7632

Cambeleg.7632

Maybe they need the extra cash for something else…

GW3 confirmed.

Seriously though, most of you WILL purchase the expansion regardless. Let’s be practical here. Even if you’re not satisfied with the amount of content at its current state (which we aren’t exactly sure of to begin with); whether it be at release or months after, you WILL buy HOT… bla bla bla

You’re forgetting a point: not all is purchasing the game and/or expansion. Or do you forget a good bunch of money already comes in-world, via Store, where players buy stuff with real money? There is the big bunch of money they earn, not across the purchase of HoT.

However, the point isn’t this. The protest comes from forcing players to support the ‘freebie’ into the Basic Pack -and you should know anything is free in the life-, when they directly could offer the expansion without the ‘core’ at lower price, or to offer the whole pack, but giving a character slot as extra. This is the point. You call it ‘charity’, many of us call it ‘fair purchase’.

Its really just that simple.

Vet players got more!

briggah.7910

Veterans keep this game alive by using their time on this game, and buying gems. And you have the gall to call them greedy? Some veterans spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on the gem store. You can kindly go you know what.

haha calling them greedy cause they want something that new players are getting free when they already had free content for a long time yet new players will never see that content.. yup greedy if you ask me.

It was the players choice to buy gems. It was never forced on you. I spent lots of money on gem store items too and tbh the game needed and expansion cause it wasn’t enough for me to keep playing new content every 2 weeks. Players wanted the expansion and although anet said we probably wouldn’t see one. that is what the players pushed for.

I choose to buy gems cause for me it was worth it. I choose to buy expansion cause to me it was worth it.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Akhili.2180

Akhili.2180

And? It’s our fault if they didn’t join the GW2-train when all this happened?

All this trash about ‘hey, new players are gonna miss out bla bla bla’ is just a poor excuse for who doesn’t have arguments for arguing against a fair disagreement by part of a big group of veterans.

I’m playing GW2 since almost 3 years ago, and I have right to request a character slot or to deduce the ‘Core’ cost from the Basic Edition if I already bought the game years ago, for buying HoT. As old player and as customer.

You don’t? Perfect, it’s your choice. But don’t tell the rest of veterans to not protest about something they find unfair.

You are entitled to request something. That’s simply freedom of speech. You are not however, entitled to receive something you request. You can all protest all you want. Which, by the way, you do not speak for all veterans. I’ve played GW1 from the get go, and GW2 up til now.

Your deduction of the core cost is oversimplifying things. I propose you are making things simple for simple minded people to hop onto your bandwagon of childlike tantrums. You’re saying everything is as simple as you say it is, without providing any evidence. Any idea what ANET is doing in the future? Do you text the lead developer on a daily? If the answer to those questions or any other related ones is “no,” then you have reason to consider other possibilities. If you are too stubborn to even acknowledge the mere possibility of other reasons for a price hike, then you go on your pride parade of immaturity.

At the end of the day, it is a video game. Some should be more passionate about other affairs, such as real life. If you held the same fierce motivation with a guitar, I would predict that you would become the next B.B. King in ~2 years.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Nothing but a poorly considered appeal to semantics here.

What was advertised was that two purchases would be required: GW2 and HoT. Since the industry standard has been not to bundle until the expansion has been out for a while (see every WoW expansion starting with BC and through current WoD), players expected the ANet statement to mean that HoT would not launch with the game attached. What’s true now is that only one purchase is required. So, 100% not true.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: GranspearZX.5624

GranspearZX.5624

haha calling them greedy cause they want something that new players are getting free when they already had free content for a long time yet new players will never see that content.. yup greedy if you ask me.

It was the players choice to buy gems. It was never forced on you. I spent lots of money on gem store items too and tbh the game needed and expansion cause it wasn’t enough for me to keep playing new content every 2 weeks. Players wanted the expansion and although anet said we probably wouldn’t see one. that is what the players pushed for

Yes. This unknown thing that no one knows the full scope of is what players pushed for.

Some people just seem to insist upon themselves being openly not bright.

If you want to pay $50 for what essentially amounts to an Early Access game, that’s fine, but to call people who have a little bit more monetary sense than that ‘greedy’ is an amazing reach.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: ilMasa.2546

ilMasa.2546

gw1 was a different style MMO.. Things change over time. gw1 is 10 years old. Changes happen whether you like them or not.

You pad full price and have gotten content for years for free. Content that you won’t ever see coming back and new players didn’t experience. What don’t you get about that statement. You got more than any new person will ever get.. OMG

“Content” like what the Karka event?! There was so much LAG…trust me nobody want to see it coming back, ever, EVER.

Holiday Events?Come every year…

Living Story!? You can buy all the chapters on the gem store,and replay those “peace of art” all u want again and again.

Trust me new players are fine. :p

Vet players got more!

Posted by: ash breaks stuff.3082

ash breaks stuff.3082

If your unhappy, go to this thread to sign the petition to give Anet a quantifiable number of how many of their customers they have upset.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Petition-Anets-mistake-with-HoT/first#post5162764

Vet players got more!

briggah.7910

It was the players choice to buy gems. It was never forced on you. I spent lots of money on gem store items too and tbh the game needed and expansion cause it wasn’t enough for me to keep playing new content every 2 weeks. Players wanted the expansion and although anet said we probably wouldn’t see one. that is what the players pushed for

Yes. This unknown thing that no one knows the full scope of is what players pushed for.

If you want to pay $50 for what essentially amounts to an Early Access game, that’s fine, but to call people who have a little bit more monetary sense than that ‘greedy’ is an amazing reach.

Wow and another person saying that I’m calling people greedy cause of some price. I’m calling players that think they deserve something since they’ve played this game longer than a new person that is just buying the game that includes a freebie.. You clearly got more freebies then these new players ever will get. Can I make it any clearer? PRICE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I WAS POINTING OUT. Maybe greedy is the wrong term.. Selfish maybe? Aww new players get a freebie and I’ve gotten freebies for the past few years. Its not fair. I demand a freebie too.. wah wah wah

Oh well everyone seems frustrated and I was trying to make a certain point but everyone is still stuck on the price and what new players are getting instead of realizing that old players have gotten way more freebies.

Player Vs Everyone

Vet players got more!

briggah.7910

“Content” like what the Karka event?! There was so much LAG…trust me nobody want to see it coming back, ever, EVER.

Holiday Events?Come every year…

Living Story!? You can buy all the chapters on the gem store,and replay those “peace of art” all u want again and again.

Trust me new players are fine. :p

So the marionette wasn’t any fun? Seems players asked for it to come back but instead anet made a new version of it in Silverwastes. The queen’s jubilee came back and was different yet it took place in the same place. Not all the open world content was fun I will agree but it still gave us old players stuff to do and we got unique skins and items out of those events. Also Lions arch before it got destroyed and the events that took place in it. That’s what I was talking about. Wasn’t mainly talking about Living Stories though mainly the open world events that happened for the few weeks in between those patches.

Yes you are right, New players are fine because this game has loads of content to be played. Point was us veterans have had more content that these new players didn’t get to play and won’t get to play even after getting the freebie of the core game.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

Vet players got more!

GranspearZX.5624

Wow and another person saying that I’m calling people greedy cause of some price. I’m calling players that think they deserve something since they’ve played this game longer than a new person that is just buying the game that includes a freebie.. You clearly got more freebies then these new players ever will get. Can I make it any clearer? PRICE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I WAS POINTING OUT. Maybe greedy is the wrong term.. Selfish maybe? Aww new players get a freebie and I’ve gotten freebies for the past few years. Its not fair. I demand a freebie too.. wah wah wah

Oh well everyone seems frustrated and I was trying to make a certain point but everyone is still stuck on the price and what new players are getting instead of realizing that old players have gotten way more freebies.

>posts with a leading title
>gets upset when people actually interpret post based on title
>tl;dr, QQ, etc

Those of us who didn’t have paint chips for lunch know that people are, as of this moment, basically paying $50 for an unknown number of beta access weekends. That’s really the only concrete thing in that pricing. The issue isn’t as simple as ‘new players vs veteran players’. It’s a more nuanced position than ‘freebies’, and I’m going to have to insist that you get all the way over yourself. You’re literally claiming some nonexistent level of nuance while generalizing ‘veteran’ players. Like the words aren’t literally right there.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

two versions should be everything thats needed.

-HoT Veteran version = comes with a char slot and title like “dragon slayer”
cause i do belive every (pve) “veteran” atleast killed one of these darn things at
some point…or sits on a mountain of spoons like i do.

-HoT Adventurer version = comes with the base game to get the new players right
away “equipped” proper to make their adventure in tyria

but who the hell cares what a guy who just 2 days ago pumped 50 euros (for the 2nd time this month) into the gem store thinks. Yea i wouldnt care either about a guy who usually sinks about 100 euros into the game every month cause he sorta likes the game and a-net…even if he plays charr and to this day still waits for proper armor sets that take racial features in account and are on equal quality with human sets, who plays engineer and waited almost 2,5 years for a hobosack fix that only now is coming who still logs in every day since the last LS…but yeh… im not gonna be salty. The engi spec is deciding if i stay or go and if i stay i buy the cheapest version…cause kitten buying the ultimate, dont care. I personally never bought a char slot cause i filled mine with the classes i like to play…but yea whatever…

Attachments:

(edited by Basaltface.2786)

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Jaccer.6572

Jaccer.6572

i’m not a veteran. i just bought the game a month ago. and now they are telling if you buy exp pack you’ll get core game free. this is really unfair. i just paid for nothing and it’s really makes me angry.

Vet players got more!

GranspearZX.5624

i’m not a veteran. i just bought the game a month ago. and now they are telling if you buy exp pack you’ll get core game free. this is really unfair. i just paid for nothing and it’s really makes me angry.

I suggest contacting customer service and letting them know. They might be able to help you out there.

Vet players got more!

briggah.7910

>posts with a leading title
>gets upset when people actually interpret post based on title
>tl;dr, QQ, etc

Those of us who didn’t have paint chips for lunch know that people are, as of this moment, basically paying $50 for an unknown number of beta access weekends. That’s really the only concrete thing in that pricing. The issue isn’t as simple as ‘new players vs veteran players’. It’s a more nuanced position than ‘freebies’, and I’m going to have to insist that you get all the way over yourself. You’re literally claiming some nonexistent level of nuance while generalizing ‘veteran’ players. Like the words aren’t literally right there.

Like I said this post was about content and veterans feeling they need something since new players will get the core game for free. When we have already gotten free content for a few years that new players will never get to play. If it was good or bad content we still got more.

I will stop replying to all this nonsense.. Most of you are so hard headed that you constantly missed the point and continue to talk about the price.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/New-Player-vs-Vet-Player-value/first#post5163026

There’s a new thread for you guys to go high jack and complain about pricing. I regret even making this post to be honest now.. LOL

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Zanbo.9512

Zanbo.9512

Im not a vet and im heated. Bought this game 2 weeks ago…. Only if i bought it today then i wouldntbe so mad i have to pay 50 rather than the 40 I paid…. Yay me (London voice)

(edited by Zanbo.9512)

Vet players got more!

Posted by: sjr.8241

sjr.8241

To all the people complaining about the “buying the original game” along with the expansion. Fine, get a refund for the difference paid minus a scaling time played, but also to get this refund you will have your current characters deleted as well as anything in your bank. The only things that should carry over are items bought with gems that were bought with real money not converted gold to gems. So if you bought an extra slot it will be there waiting for you on your brand new account. Bought an unlimited axe, it will be waiting for you in a in-game mail for your brand new character to use. Problem solved.

Many games do this exact same thing with expansions, they include the original game to entice new people to get the game, especially in this case where the expansion is not a stand alone game but the original is required to play the expansion.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Wow and another person saying that I’m calling people greedy cause of some price. I’m calling players that think they deserve something since they’ve played this game longer than a new person that is just buying the game that includes a freebie.. You clearly got more freebies then these new players ever will get. Can I make it any clearer? PRICE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I WAS POINTING OUT. Maybe greedy is the wrong term.. Selfish maybe?

Aww new players get a freebie and I’ve gotten freebies for the past few years. Its not fair. I demand a freebie too.. wah wah wah

So you find totally logical this kind of double standart between customer base ?
Veteran choose to play & support the company contrary to new player than never bat an eyelid at it.

From wikipedia customer Retention:

Customers usually encounter three types of switching costs:
(1) financial switching costs (e.g., fees to break contract, lost reward points);
(2) procedural switching costs (time, effort, and uncertainty in locating, adopting, and using a new brand/provider);
(3) relational switching costs (personal relationships and identification with brand and employees)…however, relational switching costs have the strongest association with customer repurchase intentions and behavior

Customer relationship management: Acknowledging the social and relational aspects it has been argued that firms can increase retention by focusing on managing customer relationships.
Relationship management occurs when firms can take a longer-terms perspective, rather than a transactional perspective to managing their customer base.

I could explain it to you but I already know where this is going considering the current backlash.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Thrudrheim.8143

Thrudrheim.8143

Here’s the problem. We are told that we get the core game for free with the expansion. Yes GW2 is great value for money but the fact of the matter is this expansion is price of a full game. So when you say the core game is free we don’t believe you.

If GW2 is having problems funding money you gotta find some other ways and discuss it with the players but it doesn’t matter how you spin it selling a expansion for the full price of the game isn’t right.

You need to reduce the price for people who already have the game.

Vet players got more!

papry.8096

Many games do this exact same thing with expansions, they include the original game to entice new people to get the game, especially in this case where the expansion is not a stand alone game but the original is required to play the expansion.

Give me another example where the expansion wasn’t sell alone in a offer? Please.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: sjr.8241

sjr.8241

Give me another example where the expansion wasn’t sell alone in a offer? Please.

Dungeon Siege and it’s expansion Legends of Aranna, from 12 years ago. Also a game I spent well over 1000 hours in. A game that sold nearly 2 million copies.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

We did get something, the lower end of the stick.

Because we bought the game in 2012.

Because we supported them for 3 years.

Because we spend additional money with gems.

Because of us, they have the chance to make an expansion.

And because of that, we pay more for less value.

Ye, being a loyal player feels good.

Were you forced to purchased things with gems? No that was your choice.

No, we purchased things to support, not to get ripped off in the end.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: annieoakley.8165

annieoakley.8165

As a GW1 player, and a GW2 player since Beta, I don’t mind the pricing of the xpac tiers. I I have 4.6k hours and regularly play 5 fully geared level 80 toons in WvW and PvE. I even have an extra slot waiting to level up a Rev. I would have appreciated a modicum of consideration for players who already owned the core game.

Anet could have easily offered the following:

A. You own the core game? Great! Here’s HOT and 1 character slot for the $50 Standard package. Deluxe would have gotten the first set of extra goodies and the Ultimate get’s a few extra goodies over and above the previous two.

B. You’ve never played? Great! Here’s Hot and a free copy of the core game for $50.

This simple solution would have alleviated a lot of the rage we see here and on reddit, and Anet would still make the kitten load of money they want.

[BEEP] Explicit
Man has will, but Woman has her way – Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

If you want to say that part of the pre-purchase price covers the base game I already own, then fine. I feel like I owe them something for all the free server time and content I’ve gotten since release, anyway.

I should be writing.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

If there is a greedy one here, is ArenaNet! And it does it by not acknowledging or even giving value to the players that keep making their business with micro-transactions, bringing their friends to the game, keeping an active community.
50 dollars is 10 dollars short of a full NEW game out there (and HoT is an expansion), or a couple “Game of the Year” editions for games released more than a year ago, or even many more indie/bundle games.
And make no mistake, because everything that you experienced WILL be resold in-game, just as the Living Story is already. So the new player CAN experience that. That is one of the reasons why me and many people are able to bring their friends to the game.

On top of that we have the arguments presented by Doghouse on https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/ANet-you-have-a-moral-duty-here , and that is also a very valid one!

How could they have solved this without lowering their profits on the Standard Edition? If they had made the core-game part of the Delux or even Ultimate Editions. By giving those that ALREADY got the core-game something valuable for being here all this time, skins, gems, titles, miniatures, dyes, whatever! Something that will tell others that THIS veteran here have been around for a while, just like God Walking Among Mere Mortals do for those that played GW1. Simple, yet efficient.

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Calcanius.5048

Calcanius.5048

The BOB Exampel
Two people go into same shop to buy a bundle made out of 2 items, lets call the item BOB, Person 1 already have a BOB and person two dont.
Bundle contains BOB and a expansion for BOB.

The Problem is when you leave the store, a store clerk come running after you and say to the one: Sorry Sir, but i see that you already have BOB at home and takes your BOB away.

Both payed the same amount, How do you think person 1 feels now ?

This is the main reason people are getting so angry. We hate when other steal from us

Vet players got more!

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

I am a WvW player, who was ignored for years, tell me about the free pve content every month and the incredible experience… tell me more.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: ThreeHitDown.2169

ThreeHitDown.2169

Why is everybody ignoring the fact that there are no monthlies?Yeah the xpac is kinda expensive but on the long run its actually cheaper than any expansion out there.Take for example WoW.You pay 40euros and then 15euros every month where in GW2 you are gonna pay 50 euros for the expac and you are done.I’m not tryna be a fanboy or somethin im just sayin that its cheaper than any other paid mmo on the long run of course.

Edit:Yea its a kitten move to the old players and those that recently bought it(not pre-purchase)but its still cheaper.

(edited by ThreeHitDown.2169)

Vet players got more!

papry.8096

Why is everybody ignoring the fact that there are no monthlies?Yeah the xpac is kinda expensive but on the long run its actually cheaper than any expansion out there.Take for example WoW.You pay 40euros and then 15euros every month where in GW2 you are gonna pay 50 euros for the expac and you are done.I’m not tryna be a fanboy or somethin im just sayin that its cheaper than any other paid mmo on the long run of course.

Edit:Yea its a kitten move to the old players and those that recently bought it(not pre-purchase)but its still cheaper.

Everyone where scammed equally in the others game.
Whereas, there it’s veteran getting scammed and newcomer being rewarded.
Do you see the difference ?
I sure do & so a lot of veteran too.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

So many posts saying us veterans didn’t get anything and new players are getting the core game for free really makes me think how many of you are actually veteran players.

Us veteran players have gotten to experience all the open world events since release with new patches every few weeks. These new players won’t get all that the same way we did even if they get a “bonus” free version with buying HoT.

They won’t hear while afk’ing at the bank in LA the asura and char that say “Your face is funny”, “No, your face is funny. It’s like a little raisin”

They didn’t experience the festival events and seasoned events like we did.

They won’t see LA getting destroyed and how we fought over it while scarlet attacked it.

They won’t get to fight marionette like we did cause that is all gone and done.

They probably won’t see SAB seeing as people still riot about it to this day.

They didn’t get to farm aetherblades in zones and have tons of champs spawning.

Those are just a few examples but so many other open world events that these new players will never experience even if they do get a “Bonus” free version of the core game.

Stop being greedy and thinking its all about new players when new players will have missed out on a ton of content that is no longer available. Veterans have the memories of all that has happened since launch of this game to this date while new players will never experience those events.

RIP raisin kid.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690