Vet players got more!

Vet players got more!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Karloo.3874

Karloo.3874

So many posts saying us veterans didn’t get anything and new players are getting the core game for free really makes me think how many of you are actually veteran players.

Us veteran players have gotten to experience all the open world events since release with new patches every few weeks. These new players won’t get all that the same way we did even if they get a “bonus” free version with buying HoT.

They won’t hear while afk’ing at the bank in LA the asura and char that say “Your face is funny”, “No, your face is funny. It’s like a little raisin”

They didn’t experience the festival events and seasoned events like we did.

They won’t see LA getting destroyed and how we fought over it while scarlet attacked it.

They won’t get to fight marionette like we did cause that is all gone and done.

They probably won’t see SAB seeing as people still riot about it to this day.

They didn’t get to farm aetherblades in zones and have tons of champs spawning.

Those are just a few examples but so many other open world events that these new players will never experience even if they do get a “Bonus” free version of the core game.

Stop being greedy and thinking its all about new players when new players will have missed out on a ton of content that is no longer available. Veterans have the memories of all that has happened since launch of this game to this date while new players will never experience those events.

We veteran players already have paid 50 bucks for the game, and as a good appreciation from Anet we get a BIG KITTEN YOU and we only reward new players to play our game. Even with the ingame promotion they promote the core game as a bonus, which you cannot use as a 2nd, 3rd or 4th account. The least A-net could do for their core gamers to let them preorder the game and give a small token of grattitude and give a free characterslot (+ bankslot).

They even have promoted their game several times with a 75% off reduction and now you get the game for free. People expected to buy the core game in advance of the hot expansion and now still have to pay another full price for it. This HoT expansion is a total rip of.

Th last paragraph sums up why I’m so kittened. Bought the game 2 months ago in order to prep for HoT, and now Anet decides to screw previous owner’s over.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Stop being a fanboy OP.
You and your kind makes this game more and more unplayable each day.
Stop being a fanboy OP for a day.
See how idiotic decisions you defended till day -3 kills this game.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

You pad full price and have gotten content for years for free. Content that you won’t ever see coming back and new players didn’t experience. What don’t you get about that statement. You got more than any new person will ever get.. OMG

Let me make this really easy for you. GW2 launched at $60. At that price, we got the base game, and any other additional content like LS and events.

HoT is now $50 and includes both the base game and the expansion.

So, a veteran will pay $110 in total for the base game, the expansion and the added fluff (LS+events). A new player will only play $50 for the expansion and while they will miss out on the fluff, they will receive a little present by getting the base game for free.

See the difference? We PAID for the extra content. And on top of that, even if nobody forced the loyal customers to buy gems, in the end of the day, those were the ones that paid Anet’s bills, whether they just wanted the gems or they consciously supported the game’s development. And it’s them whose face Anet chose to spit in.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

Vet players got more!

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

So many posts saying us veterans didn’t get anything and new players are getting the core game for free really makes me think how many of you are actually veteran players.

Us veteran players have gotten to experience all the open world events since release with new patches every few weeks. These new players won’t get all that the same way we did even if they get a “bonus” free version with buying HoT.

They won’t hear while afk’ing at the bank in LA the asura and char that say “Your face is funny”, “No, your face is funny. It’s like a little raisin”

They won’t see LA getting destroyed and how we fought over it while scarlet attacked it.

Those are just a few examples but so many other open world events that these new players will never experience even if they do get a “Bonus” free version of the core game.

Stop being greedy and thinking its all about new players when new players will have missed out on a ton of content that is no longer available. Veterans have the memories of all that has happened since launch of this game to this date while new players will never experience those events.

Because they wasn’t there at that time; it’s the newcomers fault if they didn’t experience it;
Not mine, I owe new players nothing in that regard.
Whereas in this case; As a veteran I’m being shafted while I’m there & the newcomer get a bonus.
Double standard between veteran & newcomer.
This is unfair.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: ThreeHitDown.2169

ThreeHitDown.2169

Why is everybody ignoring the fact that there are no monthlies?Yeah the xpac is kinda expensive but on the long run its actually cheaper than any expansion out there.Take for example WoW.You pay 40euros and then 15euros every month where in GW2 you are gonna pay 50 euros for the expac and you are done.I’m not tryna be a fanboy or somethin im just sayin that its cheaper than any other paid mmo on the long run of course.

Edit:Yea its a kitten move to the old players and those that recently bought it(not pre-purchase)but its still cheaper.

Everyone where scammed equally in the others game.
Whereas, there it’s veteran getting scammed and newcomer being rewarded.
Do you see the difference ?
I sure do & so a lot of veteran too.

Yes but werent we as veteran players getting free content for 3 years that newcomers are never gonna experience?

Vet players got more!

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Yes but werent we as veteran players getting free content for 3 years that newcomers are never gonna experience?

And that’s precisely why newcomers don’t have to pay $60 like lot of us did.

And even then, it’s pretty outrageous to claim a few events (most of which are recurring in some way) and LS are worth that much, while the rest of the base is game is worth $0.

Vet players got more!

papry.8096

Why is everybody ignoring the fact that there are no monthlies?Yeah the xpac is kinda expensive but on the long run its actually cheaper than any expansion out there.Take for example WoW.You pay 40euros and then 15euros every month where in GW2 you are gonna pay 50 euros for the expac and you are done.I’m not tryna be a fanboy or somethin im just sayin that its cheaper than any other paid mmo on the long run of course.

Edit:Yea its a kitten move to the old players and those that recently bought it(not pre-purchase)but its still cheaper.

Everyone where scammed equally in the others game.
Whereas, there it’s veteran getting scammed and newcomer being rewarded.
Do you see the difference ?
I sure do & so a lot of veteran too.

Well I can pretty much answer any counter argument with these 2 quote:
so autoquote until I heard some new counter argument.

Because they wasn’t there at that time; it’s the newcomers fault if they didn’t experience it;
Not mine, I owe new players nothing in that regard.
Whereas in this case; As a veteran I’m being shafted while I’m there & the newcomer get a bonus.
Double standard between veteran & newcomer.
This is unfair.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

ANet needs to make money so we can keep having great content. I dont want to wait forever for an expansion or new content, like the other games that only charge a little amount.

Quit your whining. The customer service, the constant new content we get, and now this amazing expansion…… We need to help them pay their developers. Get over yourselves.

I paid $99 for the xpac. The way I look at it is – at $10/mo that means I have pre-paid for some fun times the next 10 months (minimum). I look forward to this time, and I am glad to support a company that keeps bringing me great entertainment, great customer service, and a wonderful community.

Vet players got more!

papry.8096

ANet needs to make money so we can keep having great content. I dont want to wait forever for an expansion or new content, like the other games that only charge a little amount.

Quit your whining. The customer service, the constant new content we get, and now this amazing expansion…… We need to help them pay their developers. Get over yourselves.

I paid $99 for the xpac. The way I look at it is – at $10/mo that means I have pre-paid for some fun times the next 10 months (minimum). I look forward to this time, and I am glad to support a company that keeps bringing me great entertainment, great customer service, and a wonderful community.

Cashshop…….cough…cough.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Q4-and-2014-NCSOFT-results/first

(edited by papry.8096)

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Tamara Lain.8047

Tamara Lain.8047

The price is too high for just an expansion. I think if Anet really wants to put an end to this they should give veteran players all the additional character slots that would come with this second copy of GW2 that we are getting. Maybe throw in some additional storage. Otherwise, it works out to be a better deal to just start a new account. Then you get all the additional storage slots, you can start a personal guild so you get that additional storage from that as well. The drawback is you lose 3 years worth of gameplay working to buy armor and weapons and all the rest of the stuff we have had to grind for. You also would lose all the gem store purchases you have made. I feel like they need to make this right. They have really killed my enthusiasm. Telling me that they are throwing in the core game for free to help newer players just doesn’t feel good at all. It’s the players who have kept the community alive by running guilds & pouring money back into the game to keep it alive via gem store purchases. You may say I am being greedy, but I think you are a fool. If you have been playing since beta and loyally promoting Guild Wars 2 I think you deserve more than an overpriced expansion. How about an option to give your free copy to a friend, and just apply the expansion to your own account?

Vet players got more!

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

“UR A CASUL NOOB CANT BUY CHARACTUR SLOT LELELELELELE” -briggah.7910

Very few people are looking long term into this, gem prices soar due to people needing character slot, people buy gems with real money so they don’t have to grind as much, anet gets even more money, since players will need to buy a slot, the expansion, AND no one knows how much content is truly in HoT, other than the fact that anet seems to be intent on making us have a lot of ‘replayability’ AKA more grinds.

No.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Thrudrheim.8143

Thrudrheim.8143

Got to admit I do feel guilty because this game is great value for money. Still doesn’t change the fact that we are paying the price of a game for an expansion. I dunno if Anet were more honest I just said we need to charge this much for the expansion because were not offering a subscription then I wouldn’t argue. I still think they should knock the price down a bit for people who have the game already, so it could be an expensive expansion which isn’t quite the price of a game.

The price is too high for just an expansion. I think if Anet really wants to put an end to this they should give veteran players all the additional character slots that would come with this second copy of GW2 that we are getting. Maybe throw in some additional storage. Otherwise, it works out to be a better deal to just start a new account. Then you get all the additional storage slots, you can start a personal guild so you get that additional storage from that as well. The drawback is you lose 3 years worth of gameplay working to buy armor and weapons and all the rest of the stuff we have had to grind for. You also would lose all the gem store purchases you have made. I feel like they need to make this right. They have really killed my enthusiasm. Telling me that they are throwing in the core game for free to help newer players just doesn’t feel good at all. It’s the players who have kept the community alive by running guilds & pouring money back into the game to keep it alive via gem store purchases. You may say I am being greedy, but I think you are a fool. If you have been playing since beta and loyally promoting Guild Wars 2 I think you deserve more than an overpriced expansion. How about an option to give your free copy to a friend, and just apply the expansion to your own account?

Wait so if i buy this expansion it’s gonna mess up my saved characters?

Vet players got more!

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Stop being a fanboy OP.
You and your kind makes this game more and more unplayable each day.
Stop being a fanboy OP for a day.
See how idiotic decisions you defended till day -3 kills this game.

If having fun playing this game for over 2 years, in which I put in many hours per day because it is still fun to me makes me a fanboy, well I’ll take that nickname no problem. I have support this game from when I purchased it. Supported it along the way by buying gem store items. Supported it again by buying pre-ordering it, and will continue to support it until I find no more joy in this game. That is my choice.

Sorry to burst your bubble but negative comments and Debbie downers is what makes this game unplayable for others. You mean to tell me that helpful players in this game make this game unplayable for you? People that are nice to others in map chats or “fanboys” as you call us that would help you if asked in chats? Those people really make this game unplayable for you? Yet find trolls, name calling and other negative comments made at players is what is keeping you still playing this game? BAHAHAHHA

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

Vet players got more!

AWACS.6537

I don’t know about you, but we got a bunch of repetitive open world content and a subpar story that really only got better at the end. If you think people are just ‘whining’ then you need to stop bending over for anet and understand the developers are doing well enough and we don’t need to ‘help’ them pay for anything, they should be trying to convince us to buy the expansion, we shouldn’t be wanting to spend money just to help them. We are CONSUMERS. Get over yourself.

No.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Thrudrheim.8143

Thrudrheim.8143

they should be trying to convince us to buy the expansion, we shouldn’t be wanting to spend money just to help them. We are CONSUMERS. Get over yourself.

That’s true.

Vet players got more!

papry.8096

they should be trying to convince us to buy the expansion, we shouldn’t be wanting to spend money just to help them. We are CONSUMERS. Get over yourself.

That’s true.

They are far to be in a bad spot :

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Q4-and-2014-NCSOFT-results/first

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Toxicity.5392

Toxicity.5392

I’d be happy if I got a free base game code to make an alt to do ac with and a hot upgrade code for my main for $50..

Or at least a free character slot or something.

I farm more than a chinese gold seller.

Vet players got more!

AWACS.6537

I’d be happy if I got a free base game code to make an alt to do ac with and a hot upgrade code for my main for $50..

Or at least a free character slot or something.

You’re asking too much.
I’m afraid you’ll need to spend 10 extra dollars, sorry, but I can’t explain to you why.

No.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Scellow.1596

Scellow.1596

Jesus christ, spare me indignation.
All I’m asking for is a reduction in price because I genuinely feel that the expansion is not worth 45 euros.

Also this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/ANet-you-have-a-moral-duty-here

Who are you to say HoT doesn’t worth 45€, have you played it? have you developped it? is it released yet? Do we have a release date?

They are going to give us more information about HoT as the release date is comming, just be patient

You are not forced to pre-purchase now, just wait new information over the time, then if you feel these info are enought then make your choice, but please don’t spread stupid free hate

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Daniel.4763

Daniel.4763

I am perfectly willing to pay $50 for HOT, but only if Anet can convince me that it’s actually worth that much. There’s still a lot we don’t know about the expansion yet and like many have already said, if they want to charge full price, then we expect a full campaign. That may very well be the case and Anet hasn’t let us know it yet. Time will tell.
Keep in mind though, that I paid $60 for over 20 maps, 8 professions, and 5 character slots so for $50 I expect something at least somewhat comparable. Has Anet said that there are no character slots or are we assuming it based on the pricing models? Hopefully the base game will come with 2+ slots. I guarantee they have big plans for new chapters even after release.
The bottom line is that they have released a price point without convincing us that it’s worthwhile. I’m perfectly willing to either:
1. Be convinced that $50 is a good price for what we get.
2. Hold out until HOT goes on sale for a price I’m willing to pay.
3. Bypass the expansion altogether if it’s just a few maps, a single profession, and some QOL items.

The ball is in Anet’s corner. Let them make the appeal to sell their game to us. We know they can make a good product but there’s still plenty of time to decide if we want to buy the game or not.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

The notion that the base game is free with the expansion is just marketing doublespeak. Everybody who purchases the expansion is paying for the base game in addition to the expansion regardless of whether they own it or not. Reminds me of microsoft claiming that internet explorer is “free with windows”. It isn’t free just has the price included.

Anet pulled a bait and switch on players who purchased the base game with the understanding that is was required in order to play the expansion.

Anet should look forward to months of complaining and abuse rather than hype for the expansion.

what are you basing you claims on exactly?

why is it marketing double speak in your opinion?

You still need help understanding how “Double-Speak” works?

Attachments:

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Vet players got more!

Posted by: DistantStatic.6098

DistantStatic.6098

I am perfectly willing to pay $50 for HOT, but only if Anet can convince me that it’s actually worth that much. There’s still a lot we don’t know about the expansion yet and like many have already said, if they want to charge full price, then we expect a full campaign. That may very well be the case and Anet hasn’t let us know it yet. Time will tell.
Keep in mind though, that I paid $60 for over 20 maps, 8 professions, and 5 character slots so for $50 I expect something at least somewhat comparable. Has Anet said that there are no character slots or are we assuming it based on the pricing models? Hopefully the base game will come with 2+ slots. I guarantee they have big plans for new chapters even after release.
The bottom line is that they have released a price point without convincing us that it’s worthwhile. I’m perfectly willing to either:
3. Bypass the expansion altogether if it’s just a few maps, a single profession, and some QOL items.

The ball is in Anet’s corner. Let them make the appeal to sell their game to us. We know they can make a good product but there’s still plenty of time to decide if we want to buy the game or not.

This. Literally this. If we’re paying $50, it better be kitten worth $50. 83.3% of the original price better bring something close to what the original brought. Not just things that we were promised several times over since release and 3 years later they decide to put out for $50.

lvl80 Guardian lvl80 Ranger lvl80 Elementalist lvl80 Thief …. Why do I list these anymore?
Toyota Car Dealers [TCD]

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

You wouldn’t know “greed” if it stared you in the face, OP.
In fact, that’s exactly what is happening to you right now.

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

Vet players got more!

Posted by: EpicNinja.7435

EpicNinja.7435

Exactly this. This is how so many of us feel right now.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

I’m proud to be a greedy vet.

Gimmee more free stuff, plz.

Vet players got more!

briggah.7910

So you think what I said was wrong and I think what I said was right? Well geez this will never be solved.
Some players see that new players get a free version of the core game and expect to be given something free as well. Cry babies!

So cry babies, perfect.
I think you are wrong;this will be solved:
Either anet corretly handle the backlash & offer something to existing player.
Either they take a good hit in the jaws & lose a good amount of dedicated player base.
Only time will tell.

I think half the people complaining will still buy the expansion in the end. They are just complaining because they see others complaining. Its your choice whether you stick around or not.. The expansion will still be bought by many no matter how many of you complain that it is wrong. It will also bring a lot of new players into this game as well. So in the end Anet still wins.

Player Vs Everyone

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Mooncaller.9634

Mooncaller.9634

With the current pricing:
New to game: $50 USD = 5 character slots, GW2, HoT, 2 bank slots
Existing player: $50 USD = HoT

Cost of new account (i.e. 5 character slots, GW2, 2 bank slots) was what, about $40 USD, but $10 USD if you got it on one of those super discounts.
Cost of 5 character slots and 2 bank slots through gem store is ~5200 gems (~$65 USD).

By objective, non-content, non-speculative metrics, as an existing player I am being asked to leave somewhere between $10 and $65 of value added account features on the table if I buy the expansion in pre-order and add it to my existing account (at ALL price points).

The chutzpa of this really rubs me, a long time GW1 player (a game where I felt very respected as a continuing player) and a long time GW2 player, leaves me feeling very disrespected.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

time….lol i spent 450+days time in GW2… more then 10K hrs in game…
600+ days time in GW1 you do the match.

Not fair is Not fair. dont care how many time you spent

Vet players got more!

JUN YANG.4328

oh.. i want to know about MANY mean..
1.veteran already left a lot. by look at this price i dont think they will return ..
2.player having a break ATM will gone for ever
3. exiting in the game like me? Nah…

New player? expansion still an expansion cant compare brand new game on the market.
if the original core become rubbish on the shelve . do you think the retail shop will take the expansion?
if the game ONLY online in their website will have lots of new player??

They need veteran to survive.

i dont know the MANY come from…lol

let see if Anet will win this time

Vet players got more!

papry.8096

Ok lets just wait and see if anet does win. Lets drop it all together. Going back and forth trying to prove points when we all have different opinions on who’s point is right is only making both of us look stupid.

Thank you, I agree.

Vet players got more!

JUN YANG.4328

we will find out soon, if Anet change their mind. that mean we win. so much complain in the forum. i dont think they can ignore all of us and not making agreement.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: olTThreelo.6710

olTThreelo.6710

Mike O’Brien is that you???

Vet players got more!

briggah.7910

oh.. i want to know about MANY mean..
1.veteran already left a lot. by look at this price i dont think they will return ..
2.player having a break ATM will gone for ever
3. exiting in the game like me? Nah…

New player? expansion still an expansion cant compare brand new game on the market.
if the original core become rubbish on the shelve . do you think the retail shop will take the expansion?
if the game ONLY online in their website will have lots of new player??

They need veteran to survive.

i dont know the MANY come from…lol

let see if Anet will win this time

Well some new players may become veteran players over time. So if you look at it like that they may get a bunch of other players to support this game. I also know many players that have left this game but have seen them slowly coming back to this game. Isn’t that really the whole point in the xpac? To give people something new to come back too while also giving new players as well as old players new content that will keep them in this game.

Honestly wouldn’t you rather have more people supporting this game so maybe, just maybe they will created something that is even better than what they have already offered? That’s all I really see them trying to do seeing as they haven’t made the right choices in the past in some people eyes. Maybe this xpac they will provide us with content that will keep both old and new players in this game for many more years to come.

One point I will stress though is no matter what it is still coming. No matter how many complain and say they won’t buy it, plenty of others have already purchased it and many more will purchase it probably even after it gets released.

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Ralmorian.2748

Ralmorian.2748

When the veterans put their money into the game to help make it was it was through participation, gem store and word of mouth to get everyone on board the ‘new players’ were not found.

When the veterans put up with the buffs, nerfs, changes, good and bad, down time, patches, bugs, the ‘new players’ were in another game not paying any attention.

When Lion’s Arch fell to ruin the veterans were there. There were no ‘new players’ to be found.

When the events took place and the veterans participated and spread more word to others to bring them in the ‘new players’ weren’t there.

We paid 50 dollars and gained more than 50 dollars worth of content. That is why we spent money in the gem store and told our friends and family about this wonderful game.

Now the ‘new players’ who decided of their own accord to not participate, play, or pay heed to the game at all. Or players who abandoned the game because of reasons both legitimate and petty are offered the game at 50 dollars value PLUS access to the new class.

Greedy is the desire to have more than what one needs. None of us old or new NEED this game, however we enjoy it, participate in it and have helped it grow. Now the ‘new players’ who never had an interest in Guild Wars 2 for what ever reason are being given the best deal. After all 50 dollars for Guild Wars 2 + the Expansion and all that it entails is a sweet deal for the ‘new players’.

That’s all that the ’vet’s are ‘complaining’ about. Where were these new players and why do they deserve the better deal? There is NOTHING free. Guild Wars 2 costs whatever it costs right at this very moment. Tomorrow that cost will be the same and so on and so forth. However magically the cost of Guild Wars 2 and all of the work that went into it will go away and Heart of Thorns will be 50 dollars?

Interesting

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

When the veterans put their money into the game to help make it was it was through participation, gem store and word of mouth to get everyone on board the ‘new players’ were not found.

When the veterans put up with the buffs, nerfs, changes, good and bad, down time, patches, bugs, the ‘new players’ were in another game not paying any attention.

When Lion’s Arch fell to ruin the veterans were there. There were no ‘new players’ to be found.

When the events took place and the veterans participated and spread more word to others to bring them in the ‘new players’ weren’t there.

We paid 50 dollars and gained more than 50 dollars worth of content. That is why we spent money in the gem store and told our friends and family about this wonderful game.

Now the ‘new players’ who decided of their own accord to not participate, play, or pay heed to the game at all. Or players who abandoned the game because of reasons both legitimate and petty are offered the game at 50 dollars value PLUS access to the new class.

Greedy is the desire to have more than what one needs. None of us old or new NEED this game, however we enjoy it, participate in it and have helped it grow. Now the ‘new players’ who never had an interest in Guild Wars 2 for what ever reason are being given the best deal. After all 50 dollars for Guild Wars 2 + the Expansion and all that it entails is a sweet deal for the ‘new players’.

That’s all that the ’vet’s are ‘complaining’ about. Where were these new players and why do they deserve the better deal? There is NOTHING free. Guild Wars 2 costs whatever it costs right at this very moment. Tomorrow that cost will be the same and so on and so forth. However magically the cost of Guild Wars 2 and all of the work that went into it will go away and Heart of Thorns will be 50 dollars?

Interesting

I payed $50 and experienced none of that. Now I have to pay $50 again, a grand total of $100 for the same content newcomers are getting for $50.

Interesting.

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

(edited by Blackworm.2167)

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

This whole ordeal with the price is ridiculous, if Anet just add an additional character slot to the standard edition of HoT, this storm shall pass.

My main issue is that a new player pays 50 USD for the HoT expansion – and I’m glad they get the core game for free – it makes total sense. However, veteran players will by now in most cases have filled all their character slots and a big part of this expansion is the new Revenant class.
For 50 USD, can you play it if all your char slots are filled with characters who you have established for a long time and don’t want to delete / lose progress on? No… you need to purchase another; and then your option is that additional slot worth 10 USD in the gem store… However you twist and turn that issue and say you could just buy it for in-game gold, you’ve still got to make the effort of earning all that gold to buy that slot, whereas the new players got 5 empty slots to go straight ahead with the Revenant.

The expansion priced at 50; just fine.
I hope the content will do that price tag justice, so far the features seem great and we’ve yet to see more stuff – e.g. another 3+ maps all with these 3 layers, more about guild features, the long-awaited challenging group content, WvW map, Stronghold, etc.

This is not about the 50 USD – and don’t throw up the argument about veterans having had the chance to play this game for 3 years which new players haven’t. I don’t give a kitten about that difference – there was absolutely NO privilege that enabled me to play GW2 for 3 years and not these new players. They could’ve been veterans, but they chose not to support GW2 back then because they’ve been playing other games and are only just coming to now. If something – which there wasn’t – was barring new players from being veterans like me 3 years ago – I’d understand this argument. But don’t accept penalising me as a veteran just because

- I HAVE supported GW2 since years before game launched
– I HAVE played in GW2 betas
– I HAVE prepurchased the core game back in April 2012

New players didn’t and for a variety of reasons I don’t care about; but they didn’t support Anet / GW2 back then, and that’s not my problem. But don’t come here and say that they haven’t had the chance to enjoy the game for 3 years like veterans have – it’s a pointless and highly annoying comparison in this discussion, and for me it boils down to veterans having to dish out 60 for something new players get for 50 dollars.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Vet players got more!

briggah.7910

Thanks for keeping me entertained everyone. For those that actually posted on how they feel instead of just calling me some name, I thank you for your input in this in this thread. I understand you guys a bit more now but its getting late for me and I’ll probably be quoted a million times by the time I wake up tomorrow. Unfortunately there is nothing more I can say that I haven’t already said over and over.

Also yes maybe Anet will listen to the complaints and actually do something for those that feel they deserve more but I will say this, the way some of you complain is really not the best way to go about it. Ohh well I just want the best for this game seeing as it has provided me with so many hours of fun. I just wish it could do the same for everyone else really.

-whiteknight fanboy asx-kisser signing off aka Mike O’Brien (No I’m not him)

ps: look for me in some new threads tomorrow for more entertainment

Player Vs Everyone

Vet players got more!

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Thanks for keeping me entertained everyone. For those that actually posted on how they feel instead of just calling me some name, I thank you for your input in this in this thread. I understand you guys a bit more now but its getting late for me and I’ll probably be quoted a million times by the time I wake up tomorrow. Unfortunately there is nothing more I can say that I haven’t already said over and over.

Also yes maybe Anet will listen to the complaints and actually do something for those that feel they deserve more but I will say this, the way some of you complain is really not the best way to go about it. Ohh well I just want the best for this game seeing as it has provided me with so many hours of fun. I just wish it could do the same for everyone else really.

So what you’re saying is your bosses want us to kiss their kitten when filing a complaint about being ripped off by them……um no it don’t work like that.

I want them to feel it so they dread making this mistake ever again

Vet players got more!

Posted by: ThreeHitDown.2169

ThreeHitDown.2169

And that’s precisely why newcomers don’t have to pay $60 like lot of us did.

And even then, it’s pretty outrageous to claim a few events (most of which are recurring in some way) and LS are worth that much, while the rest of the base is game is worth $0.

Well how im seeing it we are paying for all the “Free” content Anet has been giving us(Veterans)on the new expac.Anet kinda went Ubisoft and Ea there but the price is fine for me since there is no monthly

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Funny, people praise and link WoodenPotato videos about various subjects but no one seems to want to mention his video about this particular subject.

I ultimately agree with his premise about new players vs vet players and sort of do with regarding the price point but I still believe, once the expansion is rolled out, that’s not the only content we’ll ever get with it. Anet advertised the expansion as access to HoT content, and likely that means there will be yet-created content that will continue to be made that is only available to those who have access to the expansion areas. Just like purchasing the game at launch was also buying access to Living story content and continued updates, so will there be more additions to masteries and such.

Vet players got more!

papry.8096

Funny, people praise and link WoodenPotato videos about various subjects but no one seems to want to mention his video about this particular subject.

I ultimately agree with his premise about new players vs vet players and sort of do with regarding the price point but I still believe, once the expansion is rolled out, that’s not the only content we’ll ever get with it. Anet advertised the expansion as access to HoT content, and likely that means there will be yet-created content that will continue to be made that is only available to those who have access to the expansion areas. Just like purchasing the game at launch was also buying access to Living story content and continued updates, so will there be more additions to masteries and such.

Btw bogotter put a new video didn’t look at it yet.

This is currently what enticed me to take all what they said with a grain of salt;

Attachments:

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Btw bogotter put a new video didn’t look at it yet.

This is currently what enticed me to take all what they said with a grain of salt;

Should probably at least listen to the beginning of the video…

Vet players got more!

papry.8096

I am watching it right now.

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Bog Otter makes good points, although he doesn’t mention how Anet already makes money from the gemstore. So I don’t think 50 bucks is a reasonable price, given the small size of the expansion, and that they are already getting a lot of money from us through the store.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’ve only experience a month or slightly more? I consider myself to be a newbie veteran. I purchased the core thinking it was needed. I was misled and lied to. It’s not a matter of being greedy. I also see that older veterans who bought the game will need to spend more than just $50 to experience the expansion in full. Either that, or they grind madly for that character slot. Is it fair older players needs to pay $60 instead of $50?

You’re in luck, contact support they’ll probably change your purchase into the pre-purchase for you:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a46s4/preorders_for_heart_of_thorns_are_now_live/cs96lfu

They won’t. They don’t change the status of current accounts – their “solution” is a refund (which they’re required by law to offer anyway within that timeframe) and then buying a new game and starting from zero.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I think £35 was a lot to pay for an expansion, they COULD have softened the blow by by giving the people that have supported Anet, GW1 and 2 for many years an extra character slot for free, this would have allowed players to make a character with the new profession, now I guess they are just hoping they have a rush of people buying more character slots and make more money.

I think they shot themselves in the foot.

Giving an extra character slot wouldn’t have cost them much and would have satisfied many people complaining on this forum now.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Vet players got more!

briggah.7910

So what you’re saying is your bosses want us to kiss their kitten when filing a complaint about being ripped off by them……um no it don’t work like that.

I want them to feel it so they dread making this mistake ever again

Anet isn’t my boss first of all. Second I’m guessing you are quoting me and talking about where I said “the way some of you complain is really not the best way to go about it” and when I look at the forums, all I see is this:

People refusing to buy the xpac unless they also get something free.
People trying to sign petitions to once again get something free.
People feel they are ripped off.
People saying the are done with this game.
People calling other people names because they have a closed mind and just like to complain.

Now about the boss and job thing that you mentioned.

Tomorrow, go to work and tell your boss you refuse to work because you feel he is ripping you off. Tell your boss you are signing a petition against him. Also say you are done with this job. Before you walk out call him some name.

If that boss keeps you around well you must be one good worker. Chances are you would get fired. You can get away with all that from Anet because they want to keep you around. Please do what I said above at work and see if they keep you around.

Thing is, this is a game and Anet tried to do something good for it by bringing in more players. By bringing in more players it would benefit everyone. More players = more income. More income = more money. More money = More content. More content = More happy players. Nobody sees it that way though.

Player Vs Everyone

Vet players got more!

briggah.7910

Bog Otter makes good points, although he doesn’t mention how Anet already makes money from the gemstore. So I don’t think 50 bucks is a reasonable price, given the small size of the expansion, and that they are already getting a lot of money from us through the store.

Small size of the expansion? So you’ve played the entire expansion? Can you make a list of everything that is in it for all of us that don’t have a time machine into the future?

Player Vs Everyone

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

If you sell something with an included gift , then refuse that gift to people that supported you ( how hard is it to generate two codes?) Then it becomes an issue. Also what about people that missed major events or recently bought the game a few months ago?
Trying to say we got our moneys worth does not excuse them from intentionally denying part of there community a bonus ( basically a free account) just because they have it already. Then offering nothing in return.
When you add (includes) to something your selling, you need to actually include the item. This is the prime example of false advertising.
I don’t know how its hard to understand the frustration of others.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Vet players got more!

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Snip…

I bought all that content with my original purchase of GW2, new players never did and as such never experienced it.

Purchase of HoT is not equal between loyal customers and new.

I find it surprising that such a thing needs explained when all you need is a little common sense to see it. You do not screw over your die hard fans, you give them the best deal instead as they are the ones that got you were you are.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”