Veteran entitlement mentality.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

so a customer is not entitled to their moneys worth ? serious ? lol

forget about just the game, but is this the future leaders of the world speaking ? heh

Not if they already got their monies worth. If you played for 3 years and got free stuff why should you get even more?

Paid for with the original purchase, nothing was for free.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Not if they already got their monies worth.

Yes, the money i paid 3 years ago. But you somehow think i should pay for it again. Why would i do that?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m entitled to exactly what I paid for.
I’m entitled to equal value for my money.

By the way some veteran players like myself paid $150 for GW2 so we didn’t get anything for free.

You got nothing for free? So you just gave them $150 bucks for nothing, never played the game or anything? Thats your fault, I got plenty of free stuff. Its no ones fault but your own.

And you are getting what you paid for, the expansion. That is $50 with or without the core game attached.

Are you having a stroke? I received zero content for free as I paid for the game. I bought gems, I’ve supported the devs, what are you talking about?

Then you should of gotten stuff for free,. I paid 60 for the game and gave $40 for gems probably 4 times so thats $240 spent on the core game. Ive gotten so much for free that now others have to pay for, that they wouldnt have access to until another anniversary came out, a free skin and so on. $90 in gems is nothing compared to what others have paid out in terms of buying gems.

What have you gotten for “free”, I’m confused. If you are talking about LS1 festivals and patches, then you are very wrong. None of that was free, it was nearly a content update that you got for buying the game. The only thing people got for “free” was LS2 if you logged in when the episode was live. If you missed the window you had to pay to play, unless you.got invited to the instance then you could play, but not get the rewards. Basically 99% of what people got out of GW2 was included in the price, it was not free as there was never a price tag on it to start with.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Why exactly do some of the veteran players think ANet owes you anything? I see a lot of vet players understand that nothing is owed to them, but the vocal majority of vets here on the forums think something is owed to them.

The expansion is $50 bucks, end of story. If you dont already have GW2 and you buy HoT you get it for free. Its so that it brings in more players.

Veteran players have already gotten their fair share of free stuff, living story which if these new players want to experience they have to pay for, free level 20 boosts for being active during the anniversaries, free skins, free level 80’s if you didnt waste your tomes, and who knows what else was given out.

So what exactly are you guys complaining about? Its just like these spoiled kids that didnt get the car they wanted, or the 64gb iphone and rage at their parents. Its stupid and I hope ANet sticks to their guns.

The ONLY people that should be kittened off are the people who bought the core game recently and now have to dish out another 50 for the expansion in turn making the expansion more expensive. Give them a free skin, gems or something. Everyone else has gotten their monies worth from the game.

If you think you are owed something because you have been playing for 3 years and new players get the core game for free to increase the size of the community that is the exact definition of entitlement.

its less that anet owes them something

its more that anet shouldnt treat them differently because they are veterans.

If i buy street fighter IV and they say street fighter 3 free with purchase.

then i dont want them to take away the street fighter 3 just because i already bought it 3 years ago.

a free copy of gw2 core has value, i can give it away, i can use it as a mule account, i can get more daily limited resources. There is no logical reason, if it is really free with purchase, that older players do not get a code.

but they dont, because the package treats customers differently but charges them the same thing.

So its really not veteran entitlement, its veterans not wanting to be screwed just because they are veterans

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Bla bla bla…

You think some people don’t have right to protest about something they’re agree with? If they consider the deal isn’t fair for them, they have the whole right to protest. Many people settled the reason why they’re not happy with the offer in forums, reddit and others.

Are you happy with the deal? Better for you.

But for the shake of…, don’t come to tell “ey, people, you’re wrong, you don’t have right to protest!”. Sorry, but as customers, these mad ‘vets’ have all the right to protest publicly.

And now, move on.

No you have a right to say what you dont like about it. But when it steps into the realm of entitlement your arguments are overlooked. If you dont think the expansion is worth $50 go ahead, voice away. If you think you are owed something because you played for 3 years I get get the kitten out and dont come back.

We don’t need to leave. We’re paying customers we get to be here forever….. If you can define entilenent without looking it up I’ll mail you 10g

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Every business I know caters more to the new customer than to the existing one.
Now, if the loyal customer feels slighted, than that has to be rectified. But how does Anet go about that?
A character slot for only veterans? Seems like two wrongs there, and a vicious circle tbh.
Still even with any extras, kids are still screaming price when every video game ever released on ANY system is $60.
So if Anet caters to us ‘veterans’ what about those unhappy about price?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Jongi.7612

Jongi.7612

Yes, the money i paid 3 years ago. But you somehow think i should pay for it again. Why would i do that?

Your not… what do you not understand about that?

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

again, I want to comprehend the op’s level of understanding in the word, ‘entitlement’

Jongi, do you believe a customer should not feel entitled to what they pay for ?

isn’t this like communism ? no one is entitled to anything beyond what everyone else gets ? since you are happy , i should be too ? everyone is equal, resistance is futile, we will be assimilated, don’t fight it, just say yes ?

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Aidenwolf.5964

Why exactly do some of the veteran players think ANet owes you anything? I see a lot of vet players understand that nothing is owed to them, but the vocal majority of vets here on the forums think something is owed to them.

The expansion is $50 bucks, end of story. If you dont already have GW2 and you buy HoT you get it for free. Its so that it brings in more players.

Veteran players have already gotten their fair share of free stuff, living story which if these new players want to experience they have to pay for, free level 20 boosts for being active during the anniversaries, free skins, free level 80’s if you didnt waste your tomes, and who knows what else was given out.

So what exactly are you guys complaining about? Its just like these spoiled kids that didnt get the car they wanted, or the 64gb iphone and rage at their parents. Its stupid and I hope ANet sticks to their guns.

The ONLY people that should be kittened off are the people who bought the core game recently and now have to dish out another 50 for the expansion in turn making the expansion more expensive. Give them a free skin, gems or something. Everyone else has gotten their monies worth from the game.

If you think you are owed something because you have been playing for 3 years and new players get the core game for free to increase the size of the community that is the exact definition of entitlement.

its less that anet owes them something

its more that anet shouldnt treat them differently because they are veterans.

then i dont want them to take away the street fighter 3 just because i already bought it 3 years ago.

a free copy of gw2 core has value, i can give it away, i can use it as a mule account, i can get more daily limited resources. There is no logical reason, if it is really free with purchase, that older players do not get a code.

but they dont, because the package treats customers differently but charges them the same thing.

So its really not veteran entitlement, its veterans not wanting to be screwed just because they are veterans

This ^ Exactly the point.

PugLife SoloQ

Jongi.7612

Bla bla bla…

You think some people don’t have right to protest about something they’re agree with? If they consider the deal isn’t fair for them, they have the whole right to protest. Many people settled the reason why they’re not happy with the offer in forums, reddit and others.

But for the shake of…, don’t come to tell “ey, people, you’re wrong, you don’t have right to protest!”. Sorry, but as customers, these mad ‘vets’ have all the right to protest publicly.

And now, move on.

No you have a right to say what you dont like about it. But when it steps into the realm of entitlement your arguments are overlooked. If you dont think the expansion is worth $50 go ahead, voice away. If you think you are owed something because you played for 3 years I get get the kitten out and dont come back.

We don’t need to leave. We’re paying customers we get to be here forever….. If you can define entilenent without looking it up I’ll mail you 10g

Ive already given examples of it, ill be waiting for my 10g. But lets see, special treatment. Theres another word for it.

Aidenwolf.5964

Bla bla bla…

And now, move on.

Ive already given examples of it, ill be waiting for my 10g. But lets see, special treatment. Theres another word for it.

Wrong. Now look it up and stop using words you don’t understand, thank you. Entitled isn’t a bad word in Business or law or life. You’re using it as a slur when as a customer it describes a right. I am entitled to get what I pay for.

PugLife SoloQ

Jongi.7612

again, I want to comprehend the op’s level of understanding in the word, ‘entitlement’

Jongi, do you believe a customer should not feel entitled to what they pay for ?

isn’t this like communism ? no one is entitled to anything beyond what everyone else gets ? since you are happy , i should be too ? everyone is equal, resistance is futile, we will be assimilated, don’t fight it, just say yes ?

Its special treatment because you think you deserve it. Like veterans saying “i played for 3 years I should get a free whatever”. That is the epitome of entitlement.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

^This guy right here.

Attachments:

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Starlightpaw.5871

Starlightpaw.5871

Now, if the loyal customer feels slighted, than that has to be rectified. But how does Anet go about that?
A character slot for only veterans? Seems like two wrongs there, and a vicious circle tbh.
Still even with any extras, kids are still screaming price when every video game ever released on ANY system is $60.

People are only unhappy about the price because they don’t think they are getting their moneys worth, and I am in that category. If ANet included a character slot for veterans with the expansion, then I would feel like I’m getting my moneys worth, but I can’t speak for other people.

Jongi.7612

Bla bla bla…

And now, move on.

Wrong. Now look it up and stop using words you don’t understand, thank you

the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
“no wonder your kids have a sense of entitlement”

Wheres my 10g?

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

What marketing trick, they said “the expansion is $50”. If thats a marketing trick you must be skeptical of everything. And no, its not a bundled product, its HoT, if you dont have the core game they are going to give you that for purchasing the game.

The expansion is free, it’s the core game that costs $50!
Wait no, it’s the specializations that cost $50, the rest of the expansion is a gift!

This is the marketing bull crap, neither product is sold separately, and GW2 is not F2P yet. The truth is you are contributing to make this offer possible for the new players, but you are not compensated.

Posted by: KGS.9842

KGS.9842

But lets see, special treatment. Theres another word for it.

yes, it’s discrimination

Jongi.7612

People are only unhappy about the price because they don’t think they are getting their moneys worth, and I am in that category. If ANet included a character slot for veterans with the expansion, then I would feel like I’m getting my moneys worth, but I can’t speak for other people.

When you put “only” in that statement that means everyone who is unhappy falls under that category and that isnt the case. People just want free stuff. If you dont think the expansion is worth its cost due to limited information then by all means, wait, talk with your wallet. But coming on the forums screaming that you should get something for playing for 3 years wont accomplish anything. It just makes people look childish like they are deserving of something because they played a game.

Aidenwolf.5964

Bla bla bla…

And now, move on.

Wheres my 10g?

Said if you didn’t look it up my man. I’m honestly impressed you can type that.

PugLife SoloQ

Jongi.7612

yes, it’s discrimination

Reading comprehention. Im not saying that there is another word for special treatment or entitlement, im saying special treatment is another word for entitlement.

Aidenwolf.5964

yes, it’s discrimination

Reading comprehention. Im not saying that there is another word for special treatment or entitlement, im saying special treatment is another word for entitlement.

You don’t even realize that’s 2 words…

PugLife SoloQ

Jongi.7612

Bla bla bla…

And now, move on.

Wheres my 10g?

The first time I didnt, then you said wrong, so i posted the definition to show I was right. So wheres my 10g?

Posted by: Cambeleg.7632

Cambeleg.7632

Bla bla bla…

See? This is why people like you keep repeating like parrots same arguments without noticing the right point: you really don’t read threads. Just imagine the point and charge against it.

Let me tell you the real point.

Most of ‘vets’ who are protesting settle these two clear points against the pre-purchase:

1. Anet shows very, very few information about what HoT will offer. This causes players to not trust the purchase will satisfy their interests.

2. The issue with the Basic Pack isn’t -I repeat: isn’t- the price, but what gives the pack. A ‘vet’ player won’t get more than HoT, while new players get HoT and the core. It’s a good deal for new players? Of course. It’s good for the community? Of course! It’s good for the vets? No. Why? Because there is no real incentive for buying the pack.

Now you’ll say “but you have other two options”. Yeah, true, but…

… what if I’m not interested in the skins, the statue and/or the gems? Really, the only incentive for those packs is the character slot. Oops, but wait… why they didn’t include it in the Basic Pack too, since ‘vet’ players only gonna recieve HoT with it?

There is the point why many ‘vets’ feel disappointed and mad.

Argue with these statements, once you know the real points.

Its really just that simple.

Jongi.7612

yes, it’s discrimination

You don’t even realize that’s 2 words…

Ohhhh wowwww. Fine, theres another way to put it then, happy?

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

so you think it’s best only new players buy the expansion, veterans should not complain because the sale is simply not for them and they should avoid upgrading unless they are ok with paying more for less. fair enough.

I do think they are entitled to a clear message though.

“existing accounts pay more for less” then there would be nothing to complain about.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: KGS.9842

KGS.9842

im saying special treatment is another word for entitlement.

you better get a dictionary then

Manasa Devi.7958

Wheres my 10g?

So your next post is going to apologize for applying the word falsely? Surely you’re not going to maintain with a straight face that asking for a deal that somewhat approaches the deal that others are being offered for the same amount of money, holds up to that definition?

yes, it’s discrimination

Buy a dictionary.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Jongi.7612

Bla bla bla…

See? This is why people like you keep repeating like parrots same arguments without noticing the right point: you really don’t read threads. Just imagine the point and charge against it.

Let me tell you the real point.

Most of ‘vets’ who are protesting settle these two clear points against the pre-purchase:

1. Anet shows very, very few information about what HoT will offer. This causes players to not trust the purchase will satisfy their interests.

2. The issue with the Basic Pack isn’t -I repeat: isn’t- the price, but what gives the pack. A ‘vet’ player won’t get more than HoT, while new players get HoT and the core. It’s a good deal for new players? Of course. It’s good for the community? Of course! It’s good for the vets? No. Why? Because there is no real incentive for buying the pack.

Now you’ll say “but you have other two options”. Yeah, true, but…

… what if I’m not interested in the skins, the statue and/or the gems? Really, the only incentive for those packs is the character slot. Oops, but wait… why they didn’t include it in the Basic Pack too, since ‘vet’ players only gonna recieve HoT with it?

There is the point why many ‘vets’ feel disappointed and mad.

Argue with these statements, once you know the real points.

Theres a third option too, dont buy it. See how simple it is?

Jongi.7612

yes, it’s discrimination

Buy a dictionary.

Ive already posted the definition, maybe you should look it up.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Bla bla bla…

And now, move on.

Wheres my 10g?

except that veterans are actually wanting the opposite of special treatment.

they want the same treatment as new players.

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

^This guy right here.

I second THIS + upvote.

This is exactly how i feel.

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

yes, it’s discrimination

Buy a dictionary.

Why should I look it up for you, can’t you read a dictionary yourself?

~Sincerely, Scissors

Jongi.7612

Wheres my 10g?

So your next post is going to apologize for applying the word falsely? Surely you’re not going to maintain with a straight face that asking for a deal that somewhat approaches the deal that others are being offered for the same amount of money, holds up to that definition?

Did you not read my post at all? They are wanting free stuff for playing since launch, no other reason. So no im not using the word falsely.

Wheres my 10g?

Posted by: Cambeleg.7632

Cambeleg.7632

Ah, of course, this is the simple option. And to protest against something you’re not agree, is totally out, true?

Its really just that simple.

Starlightpaw.5871

When you put “only” in that statement that means everyone who is unhappy falls under that category and that isnt the case. People just want free stuff. If you dont think the expansion is worth its cost due to limited information then by all means, wait, talk with your wallet. But coming on the forums screaming that you should get something for playing for 3 years wont accomplish anything. It just makes people look childish like they are deserving of something because they played a game.

Like I said, I can’t speak for everyone, and I doubt that everyone is upset because they “just want free stuff.”

And I’m not screaming, I’ve been discussing the situation civilly anywhere I post on the forums. And if you don’t think that a mass amount of people complaining about the same thing on the forums won’t change anything, then you are dead wrong. Either ANet will change the way they are marketing the expansion to make it seem fairer to veterans, or they do nothing and potentially lose players or not make as much money as they would have off of HoT.

Aidenwolf.5964

Bla bla bla…

And now, move on.

Wheres my 10g?

The first time I didnt, then you said wrong, so i posted the definition to show I was right. So wheres my 10g?

Keep reading bellow

PugLife SoloQ

Jongi.7612

yes, it’s discrimination

Buy a dictionary.

There… just so you know what we are talking about here. Thats right out of the dictionary as well.

They are wanting free stuff for playing since launch

Nope, we want to same thing new players get for their money. A copy of the core game + HoT. But feel free to keep shoving words down our throat since that’s the only way you are able to keep this argument up apparantly.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Aidenwolf.5964

Wheres my 10g?

Did you not read my post at all? They are wanting free stuff for playing since launch, no other reason. So no im not using the word falsely.

Wheres my 10g?

You incorrectly used the word to describe the situation as veterans are asking for equal not preferential treatment.

PugLife SoloQ

Manasa Devi.7958

Wheres my 10g?

Wheres my 10g?

That’s not what they want, the only way you could conclude that is if you’re seriously lacking in reading comprehension.

10g? It seems to me you’re the one wanting stuff for free. You certainly didn’t do anything to earn it.

Posted by: Omocha.4931

Omocha.4931

…But coming on the forums screaming that you should get something for playing for 3 years wont accomplish anything. It just makes people look childish like they are deserving of something because they played a game.

What if someone’s been playing for 5 months? Or 6? What if they had to pay for LWS2? What are you talking about, really?! No matter how hard you try to defend the concept, some customers will get their money’s worth of the game, some only half of that. Even more so since HoT is not an expansion, but a rework of GW2’s mechanics with a cherry on top. So veterans actually will pay twice for the same product. Only the new purchase has a more shiny wrapping foil.

yes, it’s discrimination

Buy a dictionary.

There… just so you know what we are talking about here. Thats right out of the dictionary as well.

Except that we are not believing we inherently deserve any special treatment, we just want the same as new players for 50 bucks. A copy of the core game + hot.

Just because we already own the game doesn’t mean another copy as no value. I can give it to a friend, use it as a mule account, use it to get extra daily rewards. There is plenty we can do with it.

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Starlightpaw.5871

yes, it’s discrimination

Oh? Now you’re telling people to get some reading comprehension? Oh, this is just too sweet.

Aidenwolf.5964

yes, it’s discrimination

Buy a dictionary.

You think that’s what vets are asking for? You’re seriously mistaken. As I said you aren’t listening.

PugLife SoloQ

Manasa Devi.7958

yes, it’s discrimination

Oh? Now you’re telling people to get some reading comprehension? Oh, this is just too sweet.

The irony is overwhelming.

Jongi.7612

Like I said, I can’t speak for everyone, and I doubt that everyone is upset because they “just want free stuff.”

And I’m not screaming, I’ve been discussing the situation civilly anywhere I post on the forums. And if you don’t think that a mass amount of people complaining about the same thing on the forums won’t change anything, then you are dead wrong. Either ANet will change the way they are marketing the expansion to make it seem fairer to veterans, or they do nothing and potentially lose players or not make as much money as they would have off of HoT.

If you cant speak for everyone then dont put “only” in the post. It clumps everyone in the same category. Never said “you” were, just making an example of what is going on and what it would be like if you did do something like what others are doing. This will blow over when something like the engineer specialization comes out or something.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Your not… what do you not understand about that?

Well, you said that i don’t get the core game in the bundle i paid for, because i have already got my money’s worth. That means, that Anet is asking me to pay for core twice – once when i bought and received it at launch, and once now, when buying the HoT bundle. Basically that means, that i have to pay, again, for something i have already bought. Now, please, explain to me why i would want to do that?

And no, don’t tell me that the core in this bundle is “free”. Somebody is paying for it, and that someone sure as hell isn’t Anet.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Aidenwolf.5964

yes, it’s discrimination

Buy a dictionary.

Except that we are not believing we inherently deserve any special treatment, we just want the same as new players for 50 bucks. A copy of the core game + hot.

100% accurate. No favoritism, no special perks, just the same thing new players get.

PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

You mean the option those that disapprove of Anet’s practices already take?

Quit now to save face.