Veteran entitlement mentality.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

@ Jongi, As a vet,I could use that second account actually. Personnaly I’m not filled on chars slots, so I can manage without one, but I know many ppl that filled all their slots long ago, what about them?

Buy some character slot upgrades? Use gold for it, you know play the game if they dont want to dish out real life money.

I have not read one point on this thread from you that holds any water at all, not one.

The rev is a selling point for the game, there for you should not have to potentially spend more money to play one.

You dont have to, did you not just read that post. Unless you equate in game gold to actually money then theres nothing I can tell you at that point. But if you dont then just go play the game, get some gold and expand your roster. It seems like you just being difficult and lazy at this point in time.

That’s why I said potentially. Not you have to. That the potential is there, and that’s what any company wants, the potential to add to a sale. even when you go to buy HoT, it try’s to get you to buy the Ultimate telling you its the better deal.

The short of it is, there is the potential of kitten sale becoming $60. That’s what ANet wants as a company.

And if anyone is being difficult and lazy it’s you. As you seem unable to understand what people are saying, or you are just being a Troll.

Learn what a troll is. If you think im a troll why did you bite in the first place if im just trying to get attention and start stuff. I completely understand what people are saying, and if im actually not then why not take the time to explain it? More laziness on your part maybe?

You truly have no idea what you are talking about do you. Again I said Or, not you are. You appear to have zero reading comprehension, OR English is not your first language, and that’s why things are falling through the cracks.

Actually I have an acute form of dislexia and the forums are a little too fast for me to keep up. Sometimes I dont see certain words, but it still doesnt excuse the fact that a lot of what people are saying are just backwards and they dont understand that when you dish out $50 for HoT, that is exactly what your paying for, ANet is just making it so new players can get into the game with everyone else. They wont experience the same things that Vet players already experience so there really isnt an issue other than people wanting their cake and eat it to.

I agree with that point, I do I really do.

Now some people do not care about the inclusion of the core game, they believe that for the $50 they are spending, they should get equal value. Not more, or less, But Equal. I can agree with this point, I’m not saying they should have it, but I can see there point.

Other People Think that the Rev is a core selling point of HoT. And given in the past with GW1, ANet always gave out Slots that equal the number of new professions, as long as you already owned a GW1 campaign. So those people believe that ANet should have included one regardless of what you pay for HoT. I can agree with this point. It’s a non issue for me as I have an empty slot anyway.

Then lastly, people feel ANet dropped the pre-order too soon, and that they have not given out enough information of what HoT will contain to warrant spending any money on it. I fall into this one, and I’ll hold on to my money till I know what’s coming, then work out how much I want to give ANet for there hard work.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

No, the core game is free if you buy HoT. You only pay for the expansion. If you already have HoT you can just ignore that fact. If you don’t you can rejoice.

Then I am paying the same price for much less value than what other players are paying for. The core game might be free but then the players who are complaining already have the game so another free client doesn’t mean anything to them. That value is non-existant.

All that is left is the xpac.

New players are getting everything guild wars 2 has to offer plus a new map, a 9th profession and features for $50.

Old players are getting a new map, a 9th profession and features for $50.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Posted by: Cambeleg.7632

Cambeleg.7632

The thing is though, not everyone is saying that. They dont understand that when you pay for HoT thats what your getting. They however think because of a misunderstand that they should also get the core game free if they are a vet player already. They can do this if they make a new account and will end out ahead of the new players. ANet just needs to fix the wording on their product selection to say this because they already said it in the forums that new players will get the core game for free.

Existing players already got their monies worth. $60 bucks for everything that they got to experience and the free stuff that they received though they are ignoring that. They dont even bring up what they already experienced like the marionettes, scarlet battle, all the season 2 living story without having to pay 200 gems for each episode, boosts and so on. They just want it because someone else gets a free game without looking at everything.

And the broken record keeps spinning…

Its really just that simple.

Posted by: Jongi.7612

Jongi.7612

if they made the core guild wars – free to play for everyone, then it would be a better deal so new player and vet alike get a free game, and a paid expansion for 50 dollars.

You can already do this. Just buy HoT under a new account.

but i’d rather gift that new account or make a new vanilla account and keep the hot expansion for my main. so this is no deal for me, it’s just expensive dlc.

So lets say your going to gift it, and what if that person wants HoT? They then get another thing they can gift or keep which is pretty useless. You can increase your character count as much as you want by either a real money payment or with gold. If you think its just an expensive dlc focus on that and not that new players get the core game. HoT is $50 with or without the core game.

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

No, the core game is free if you buy HoT. You only pay for the expansion. If you already have HoT you can just ignore that fact. If you don’t you can rejoice.

Then I am paying the same price for much less value than what other players are paying for. The core game might be free but then the players who are complaining already have the game so another free client doesn’t mean anything to them. That value is non-existant.

New players are getting everything guild wars 2 has to offer plus a new map, a 9th profession and features for $50.

Yes, that is correct. You get less value than the new players. But since you’re not a new player it shouldn’t concern you in the first place. Don’t think so hard about what “other people” get. Just ask yourself whether HoT is worth your money or not.

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

You just said you wanted to be treated the same/get the same. That’s all. And THAT you can get, new acc incl. exp.
That is what newcomers get. They don’t get an existing Acc and then the Exp…

You said the exactly same thing as me and saying I’m wrong. That is quite illogical for me. New player gets new acc, new gw2 new hot. You can too. That is all.

True is, it isn’t preferred and I can understand that.

Though you ‘demand’ or ‘wish’ to get something similar, but not the same. You want something else as a bonus, promotion, because you are a veteran, no?

I’ll explain it easier, Rai:

You have a [Banana] since two years ago. Anet comes and offers a bundle that contains an [Apple] and a [Banana] for same price that you bought your old [Banana]. You want the [Apple], but you can’t buy it without the [Banana], so you tell “good, in this case, I want the full pack”. Anet replies then: “if you already had a [Banana], you only get the [Apple]. You’ll have to save the old [Banana] and grab the new [Banana] since the [Apple] is bound”.

Now tell me, Rai: only ‘cos you already had a [Banana] since two years ago, you have less right to have a new [Banana] ’cos it’s included in the bundle? Or if you don’t get the [Banana], you’d not ask for something with equal value as compensation for this loss in the purchase?

That is not how it is: You can have more than one Account.
But I admit it sucks that the offer is not the best for me. I can decide between getting a new banana and apple… and save my old banana too, but I can only make one banana apple smoothie.
And I would prefer my ripened Banana for that, but wouldn’t get an additional banana for it. Such is the nature of promotional gifts.

It’s not a gift.
No where does it say ( Only new accounts get the base game free.) OR
As a gift we included the base game for free only for new players
ON THE BUY PAGE OR FAQ

It in fact says
Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion(includes Guild Wars 2 core game)

This is the definition of includes.

Include-comprise or contain as part of a whole.

I don’t know why this is so hard for people to understand that regardless of whether you OWN or DO NOT OWN the base game.

50$ gets you/is supposed to get you BOTH
by the definition and wording of this sale.

Period.

Actually ANet did say that only new players get it if you read their forum post on the matter. Thats why earlier I said its a misunderstanding and that if they fixed the information under the package deals when you go to buy HoT what you just said would of never of came up.

They have had 3-4 days now to fix it?
Like the stealth edited the FAQ a couple of days ago.

If it is intended for this not to be a bundle, they are advertising this falsely and that is a legal no no.
If they want this bundle only for new players and it’s supposed to be a gift for them, they could have AT ANY POINT edited the language to not be ambiguous or false.

But they have not.

They have no link on the buy page for any type of clarification on the matter also.

The simple fact is. They haven’t
They are still advertising this product as a bundle, and still not delivering on this bundle.

This is the issue. Something that has gone over the heads of the knights, instead of telling people to wait and see, try sending in a ticket and asking anet to change the page. Then all they will have to do is refund the people that bought this under the pretense they were getting a bundle.
The end.

Well its not false advertising if the information is out there explaining what is going on now is it. Its not hidden behind thousands of posts and the information is there. I seen it before I even pre-ordered because someone asked on the forums and got an answer pretty quickly.

Actually it is false advertising if the information pertaining to a specific transaction is not explained at the time of the transaction or the information is not made readily available to the customer before they buy said product.
Do you see an updated FAQ or buy page?

Do you see a link provided on the page sending the customer directly to the statement clarifying the bundle as not really a bundle for existing accounts?

If those are not there, and the page still says INCLUDES, with no clarification about the product.

then it is, in fact
False Advertising.

At this point and time, they need to
A. Acknowledge they kittened up.
B. Fix the language
C. Refund people that bought it under the pretense they are getting a bundle

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

Posted by: Rai.9625

Rai.9625

Just to clarify… less rights?

With games sad as it is… you don’t have many rights. xD wrong words again.

Sorry that I do that, working in a communication heavy branch does that to people.

For the whole discussion it boils down to:
For the money: is it worth in your opinion.
If no you will say why (for example hell, they get more value than me, thats a principle thing and hard to argue, or not enough content yet for that money, i would consider if yxz was included)

You are all trying to argue about… taste and preferences, about principles. That will in no way get you anywhere and defeats the purpose of what you really want:

You want to give Anet a message: Not enough for my money (for different reasons), so that they can see that opinion

You are diluting what you want to get across with hasty words which will most likely give the wrong impression.

For example: Cambeleg just says: for 50 bucks I want (out of principle) the same value as newcomers. So either a price reduction or another promo gift would push me over the edge to prepurchase/order whatever.

Nothing wrong with that, no?

Another player said:
For 50bucks… the content shown so far seems way to less for me to consider it worth it. Maybe show alot more maps, say a number of new instances etc. And I will consider buying/prepurchase/order it for the money.

again, nothing wrong there

The thing is though, not everyone is saying that. They dont understand that when you pay for HoT thats what your getting. They however think because of a misunderstand that they should also get the core game free if they are a vet player already. They can do this if they make a new account and will end out ahead of the new players. ANet just needs to fix the wording on their product selection to say this because they already said it in the forums that new players will get the core game for free.

Existing players already got their monies worth. $60 bucks for everything that they got to experience and the free stuff that they received though they are ignoring that. They dont even bring up what they already experienced like the marionettes, scarlet battle, all the season 2 living story without having to pay 200 gems for each episode, boosts and so on. They just want it because someone else gets a free game without looking at everything.

Again… someone saying the same as I said, or maybe I hinted at: There are alot reasons for ppls not to buy.

Many ppl understand what they get, they are just not satisfied and voice it in a more ore less direct/effective way.

And honestly: You are the customer, it is always your choice to buy or not to buy. And if you say: hey that customer got that there for free, for the prices you tag, i want the same.
What is wrong with that. And there is nothing wrong with the seller saying: Sorry, only for new customers.
After that it is your choice to say and voice what you think of that: some will say: wow good idea/strategy
other might say: Hey I’m a regular and I think you should do the same for me or i won’t buy…. That is your choice and nothing wrong with that.

It is a choice you don’t have to do the same.

Posted by: Draconius.9076

Draconius.9076

As a veteran who started playing GW2 since the original bèta and former GW1 veteran I understand veteran’s concerns about the offered packages. I myself have already bought the expansion (so I probably got ripped off but hey at least i’ll get the content even if they don’t listen to their community)

That being said there were some pretty dirty practises implemented with this announcement. Such as the sudden change of the FAQS-page which did enrage allot of players.

Also it is true that it’s very stupid to not include a new character slot when introducing a new profession. As someone who has allot of experience in markteing I have to say I do find that quite a blunder.

If I were Arenanet I would read the voiced concerns, dicuss them with the people who reponsible inside the company and find some way to stop the storm from growing in intensity. Already sites are picking up the story so this is potencially a very VERY bad move incomewise. Allot of potential new players probably will get second thought when they read reviews about the current afairs after all everyone wants to be able to trust the producers of the MMORPG they play. That trust has been broken for allot of people, it’s up to Arenanet to fix the damage done.

I have my ideas on how they can fix it but quite possibly the damage has already been done so now its just a matter of damage control and trying to keep as many vets as possible from saying “kitten this kitten I’m never buying from arenanet again”.

I did buy the expansion, I’m happy I bought it. But I don’t judge the people who don’t and feel enraged because frankly they have very valid points. I do not see them as saying they are ‘entitled’, I see them as standing up for their rights as a customer in what is an unfair sales-practise no mather how you turn or flip it.
In some countries certain actions that were taken are even illegal so I’m afraid Arenanet is not really as innocent as one would believe. I hope they see the community’s concerns and give some sort of compensation or adjustement to their packages to soothe the community.

If I miss out on those adjustements its alright, my faulth because I already bought it but I feel it would be the most honest thing to do for those veterans who haven’t already bought it and feel cheated.

Mister, let me give tell this: THANKS for understand the point.

You are most welcome, I honestly hope they introduce a character slot in all packages for you guys or find another way of compensation.

Guild: Order of an Allied Tyria [OAT] ~°~ Co-leader
Server: Underworld

yolo swaggins.2570

Yes, that is correct. You get less value than the new players. But since you’re not a new player it shouldn’t concern you in the first place. Don’t think so hard about what “other people” get. Just ask yourself whether HoT is worth your money or not.

I’ve already done that. That still doesn’t change the fact that this pricing practice is crappy and the issues it poses needs to be brought up.

Liaison for [Teef]

Jongi.7612

No, your paying for HoT. New players arent getting EVERYTHING GW2 has to offer and thats what I have been trying to explain. They arent getting to experience what Vets already have, new players wont be able to experience no longer existing content. New players get pretty much a watered down old world where you have to pay to see anything past your personal story and a much lower amount of hours played. They get access to dungeons and such, crafting and world events and thats pretty much it.

yolo swaggins.2570

No, your paying for HoT. New players arent getting EVERYTHING GW2 has to offer and thats what I have been trying to explain. They arent getting to experience what Vets already have, new players wont be able to experience no longer existing content. New players get pretty much a watered down old world where you have to pay to see anything past your personal story and a much lower amount of hours played. They get access to dungeons and such, crafting and world events and thats pretty much it.

I already listed the things each group is paying for. $50 for a map and another profession is a bad deal.

Liaison for [Teef]

Cambeleg.7632

Gah, I was only going to remake the post, but I deleted it accidentally… lol

However, Draconius, if Arenanet finally gives a successful resolution for this conflict, and it affects you positively, I really hope you get this benefit too. After all, we ask for fair deals.

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

if they made the core guild wars – free to play for everyone, then it would be a better deal so new player and vet alike get a free game, and a paid expansion for 50 dollars.

You can already do this. Just buy HoT under a new account.

but i’d rather gift that new account or make a new vanilla account and keep the hot expansion for my main. so this is no deal for me, it’s just expensive dlc.

So lets say your going to gift it, and what if that person wants HoT? They then get another thing they can gift or keep which is pretty useless. You can increase your character count as much as you want by either a real money payment or with gold. If you think its just an expensive dlc focus on that and not that new players get the core game. HoT is $50 with or without the core game.

useless ? being able to gift a game to a friend is a nice feeling , i would hardly call that useless and is even a great promotion strategy.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Straylight.7529

I already listed the things each group is paying for. $50 for a map and another profession is a bad deal.

It’s going to be more than one map, though how many is currently unknown. You also get a new WvW borderland and a new pvp mode on it’s own new map.

Jongi.7612

Sorry that I do that, working in a communication heavy branch does that to people.

If no you will say why (for example hell, they get more value than me, thats a principle thing and hard to argue, or not enough content yet for that money, i would consider if yxz was included)

You are all trying to argue about… taste and preferences, about principles. That will in no way get you anywhere and defeats the purpose of what you really want:

You want to give Anet a message: Not enough for my money (for different reasons), so that they can see that opinion

You are diluting what you want to get across with hasty words which will most likely give the wrong impression.

For example: Cambeleg just says: for 50 bucks I want (out of principle) the same value as newcomers. So either a price reduction or another promo gift would push me over the edge to prepurchase/order whatever.

Another player said:
For 50bucks… the content shown so far seems way to less for me to consider it worth it. Maybe show alot more maps, say a number of new instances etc. And I will consider buying/prepurchase/order it for the money.

Again… someone saying the same as I said, or maybe I hinted at: There are alot reasons for ppls not to buy.

Many ppl understand what they get, they are just not satisfied and voice it in a more ore less direct/effective way.

And honestly: You are the customer, it is always your choice to buy or not to buy. And if you say: hey that customer got that there for free, for the prices you tag, i want the same.
What is wrong with that. And there is nothing wrong with the seller saying: Sorry, only for new customers.
After that it is your choice to say and voice what you think of that: some will say: wow good idea/strategy
other might say: Hey I’m a regular and I think you should do the same for me or i won’t buy…. That is your choice and nothing wrong with that.

Because they arent really getting anything that a vet player has. Its along the lines of an earlier example I gave. Its like needing a fork to eat pasta, if you bring your own fork we will give you the pasta for the price listed, if you dont have a fork however we will provide one for you. People think though that just because someone didnt have a fork and the restaurant and they gave someone else a fork, they should in turn get one too. Its like a toddler that already has a sippy cup to drink out of, but when the other kid gets a sippy cup they in turn want that one. Its not like new players are getting all the new skins for free or something, they are just getting the core game because its needed to play HoT.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

It’s going to be more than one map, though how many is currently unknown. You also get a new WvW borderland and a new pvp mode on it’s own new map.

the wvw map, though nice cannot be counted.
its replacing another map, which means they are as much removing something as adding something. They also could not make it HoT only without cutting core players from 3/4 of all maps

Cambeleg.7632

Ehm, the WvW borderland is not bound to HoT, so either the new PvP mode, so you can play both without having HoT.

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

To shut people like Jongi up, people might want to contact the governmental branch that handles sales fraud for their home countries to see if having a sales page that says one thing, and a disclaimer that is not brought up at any time during the sales process is legal or not.

That would be an interesting Gaming news head line no?

Posted by: Draconius.9076

Draconius.9076

Gah, I was only going to remake the post, but I deleted it accidentally… lol

However, Draconius, if Arenanet finally gives a successful resolution for this conflict, and it affects you positively, I really hope you get this benefit too. After all, we ask for fair deals.

Thank you I won’t lose any sleep over it if I don’t however.
I bought it under these (unfair) circumstances and if must be I will suffer the consequences ^^
I will remember this move however, so I really hope they don’t make these kind of blunders allot because even I have my limits after all

Guild: Order of an Allied Tyria [OAT] ~°~ Co-leader
Server: Underworld

Jongi.7612

And new specializations, guild halls, and continuation of a story which will keep on going without the purchase of another expansion. But if they dont think its worth it thats their opinion. They dont have to buy it.

Posted by: Arkblue.6129

Arkblue.6129

Except we are not children, thus we aren’t getting stuff for free. And it’s not about forks, which are good only to eat pasta, is about a core game that offers many hours of gameplay with or without the expansion. And that thus can’t just “vanish into thin air” when purchased by someone who already owns the game. OR be forced to abandon his old account to move in the new one.

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Let’s cut to the chase and stop wasting time with this nonsense. If you paid $50, everyone is entitled to the same the exact same thing. You are paying for 2 games that are in this hidden bundle. The core game along with the expansion. Give everyone 2 keys. One for core and one for expansion. Doesn’t matter if you are veteran or new. It’s what you’re paying for. You are paying for 5 new character slots and 2 parts of the game. It should not matter if you have already have the core game or not.

-S o S-

Straylight.7529

the wvw map, though nice cannot be counted.
its replacing another map, which means they are as much removing something as adding something. They also could not make it HoT only without cutting core players from 3/4 of all maps

Allright, that’s correct. But keep in mind that the new boderland map is likely to be more entertaining and exciting (due to new mechanics) than the current one. Also a new map replacing and old one is probably still preferable to keeping the old one.

Cambeleg.7632

Because they arent really getting anything that a vet player has. Its along the lines of an earlier example I gave. Its like needing a fork to eat pasta, if you bring your own fork we will give you the pasta for the price listed, if you dont have a fork however we will provide one for you. People think though that just because someone didnt have a fork and the restaurant and they gave someone else a fork, they should in turn get one too. Its like a toddler that already has a sippy cup to drink out of, but when the other kid gets a sippy cup they in turn want that one. Its not like new players are getting all the new skins for free or something, they are just getting the core game because its needed to play HoT.

Ehem… the fork is included in the service. What you do with it, it’s not business of the seller.

(edited by Cambeleg.7632)

phys.7689

Another player said:

yes if you go to a restaurant and they give you a fork to own if you buy a meal, then people who buy that meal should also be able to get the same fork to own.

especially if the item is sold as, Buy the early bird special and get a free fork to take home!

everyone who buys the special should be able to get the same fork, no matter how many forks they buy, how many they have at home, or how many sippy cups they drink from

Posted by: Skolia.2408

Skolia.2408

@Jongi.7612, it’s not so much a feeling of “entitlement” it’s a few things that ArenaNet has done here that they did not do in the past.

• Guild Wars 1 had expansions that added HUGE amounts of content and features and were always priced about $10-20 below what the original game cost.
  • Heart of Thorns information, so far, is rather thin actually and sounds like a fairly minor expansion (I’d love to be wrong but based on information we have it seems very short on PvE story content, which, in an RPG, is what a lot of us want). It seems like $50 is a bit steep for what we’ve heard is in it. Especially based on previous ArenaNet expansion products.
  • ArenaNet did change the FAQ for HoT literally right before the pre-order offer was announced. So a lot of people did buy the core game, because the FAQ said it would be required only to find out that they just wasted some money (at least ArenaNet appears to be offering refunds on a case by case support basis.) In any case, this seems like… some sleazy tactics.
  • Veteran players with full slots don’t have a way to make a new character to enjoy some of the new stuff in the expansion unless they pay extra money for a character slot or one of the higher priced pre-order editions. While new players get 8 slots and the core game. Just seems kind of… disrepectful. It’s true a veteran player could create a second, new, account and use that but they aren’t linked in any way so it’s also kind of a pain in the behind.

In this list, it’s actually the first two that bother me personally. I’ll probably go ahead and buy HoT in the end if it ends up having some PvE story content. (If it’s just repeatable group events, there’s no way I’m paying $50 for that.) (Guild Housing etc is of no interest to me but I know some folks are into that.)

Jongi.7612

To shut people like Jongi up, people might want to contact the governmental branch that handles sales fraud for their home countries to see if having a sales page that says one thing, and a disclaimer that is not brought up at any time during the sales process is legal or not.

That would be an interesting Gaming news head line no?

Do it. It wont shut me up though because I think that should be changed as well. Your just being extremely salty and if you were one of the people who bought the core game and they released the pre-purchase you have the right to be salty. I however think your being salty to be salty.

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Let’s cut to the chase and stop wasting time with this nonsense. If you paid $50, everyone is entitled to the same the exact same thing. You are paying for 2 games that are in this hidden bundle. The core game along with the expansion. Give everyone 2 keys. One for core and one for expansion. Doesn’t matter if you are veteran or new. It’s what you’re paying for. You are paying for 5 new character slots and 2 parts of the game. It should not matter if you have already have the core game or not.

^ BOOM

it’s simple just have 2keys for equality

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Employee Radar is going nuts in this thread.

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

Jongi, really I can’t help thinking you just are trolling ‘cos you don’t stop repeating same arguments again and again. lol

What do you expect me to do when people keep repeating the same things over and over again? Its called staying on topic. Do you expect me to talk about pink unicorns and gumdrop enemies or something?

Problem is your arguments are WRONG and instead of trying to understand, you keep spitting the same crap over and over. If we WERE entitled, MMO sites wouldn’t be reporting these news.

You’re either a troll or completely and utterly dumb to not even try to understand and just label it as “entitlement”. Now you’re even dumb enough to say that we should simply sacrifice our accounts and make a new one.

From what I have heard for 4 pages, its entitlement. If you are actually talking about my original post. If not then instead of getting kitteny at the response actually take the time to explain yourself fully.

And your not sacrificing anything, your not giving up your existing account to get a new account. Thats what a sacrifice would be. What people have been saying is they want the core game as well as HoT like the other people, they can get it, just act like your a new player. In the end you will have MORE than what they have. I just KNEW someone was going to bring it up that they want their cake and eat it to. They want HoT on their existing account and a free account to who knows what they would do with it. Give it to their friend? And when they want HoT what are you going to do with that core game, and it just keeps on going on in a circle. Its just easier to say “new players get the core game with their purchase”.

Take the time to explain myself? kittenING READ!!! Look around MMO sites where they talk AND AGREE with us!! You keep talking and talking kitten and don’t even look for information yourself!!

My God, it’s like talking to a brick wall of pure stupidity.

“Would you kindly?”

Cambeleg.7632

Sadly, Choovanski, these same arguments have seen exposed for long and long time since the pre-purchase day, and still some people don’t understand it, so we feel forced to use other ways to explain it… lol

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

toss up between that and human potato

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Rai.9625

Another player said:

…. honestly… I didn’t said anything different. Just that this is a matter of the personal angle of view. If you say you don’t like it, you don’t like it and can say so.
Nothing more, nothing less.

You are trying to convert someone to your personal opinion/point of view. That almost never works. That’s all.

Neither do I say that you are wrong, nor do I say the others are wrong… just that instead of voicing your opinion, all here bears fruit is a mindless battle of sorts.
Again, that is my PoV in this case, which is neither wrong nor right. For some discussion of principals is important and many wish for a even PoV on such matters… that is fine.

Posted by: Automaton.4926

Automaton.4926

I’m a veteran player and I never said or thought I was entitled so don’t tar us all with the same brush!
_The ONLY reason I’m not buying it yet is because the basic “bundle” doesn’t include a char slot. Why should I have to delete one of my 11 level 80’s? It should come with at least ONE slot. Until it does I’m not going to buy it.

Will I cry or lose sleep about it? NO. It’s Arenanet’s loss.

Edit: cos of stange formatting & missing characters.

How many professions are in the core game and how many character slots did you start with?

Let us see… 8 profs and 5 slots… So your logic went out the window since launch.

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

toss up between that and human potato

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Posted by: KGS.9842

KGS.9842

it actually concerns me (us) because both me and the new player are paying the same price for the same product in the same time period; that is simply put discrimination

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

I’m a veteran player and I never said or thought I was entitled so don’t tar us all with the same brush!
_The ONLY reason I’m not buying it yet is because the basic “bundle” doesn’t include a char slot. Why should I have to delete one of my 11 level 80’s? It should come with at least ONE slot. Until it does I’m not going to buy it.

Will I cry or lose sleep about it? NO. It’s Arenanet’s loss.

Edit: cos of stange formatting & missing characters.

How many professions are in the core game and how many character slots did you start with?

Let us see… 8 profs and 5 slots… So your logic went out the window since launch.

At launch, you could choose at least 5 profs you liked and make them. We didn’t know the Revenant even existed or was coming out or that an expansion was gonna be made since they had said they weren’t making one and Anet already gave char slots in GW1.

Your argument has been killed, thanks for trying.

“Would you kindly?”

Straylight.7529

it actually concerns me (us) because both me and the new player are paying the same price for the same product in the same time period; that is simply put discrimination

You’re not being discriminated, jeez…
Yes, everyone gets treated the same way. Just like you said. You’re nothing special for already owning the game.

Rai.9625

yes if you go to a restaurant and they give you a fork to own if you buy a meal, then people who buy that meal should also be able to get the same fork to own.

especially if the item is sold as, Buy the early bird special and get a free fork to take home!

everyone who buys the special should be able to get the same fork, no matter how many forks they buy, how many they have at home, or how many sippy cups they drink from

That would be Ideal, though there is no “having rights” involved. And everyone should be allowed his opinion: My opinion, cool if I own no fork i get one and can eat. Oh, I own a fork, to bad that I wont get that promo gift fork… it would be nice if i could get a knife instead, but well. The meal is still worth it

Again MY OPINION! If you have another, I can understand that and I think you are right. If you don’t get it(the fork), you won’t go there anymore and you are saying so. Nothing wrong with that, as there is a chance, that you could (as unlikely as it may be) change something. I think that is a good thing.

what isn’t good: trying to ‘force’ others to take the same Point of View as yourself…

that is why i say: I’m fine with it as it is, if you are not, say so! Maybe it could change with enough voices. that is a good thing, no? Just don’t try to convert those who have another opinion, that is all^^

Edited PS: Though even my words could be interpreted as trying to convert you to see, that it is just about a personal PoV… xD

(edited by Rai.9625)

Posted by: KGS.9842

KGS.9842

Yes, everyone gets treated the same way. Just like you said. You’re nothing special for already owning the game.

ok so a new player gets a free bonus, and i get nothing for the same purchase
and that’s not discrimination?
if everyone got treated the same way, with my purchase I would have one key for HoT + one key for the core game

Jongi.7612

@Jongi.7612, it’s not so much a feeling of “entitlement” it’s a few things that ArenaNet has done here that they did not do in the past.

• Guild Wars 1 had expansions that added HUGE amounts of content and features and were always priced about $10-20 below what the original game cost.
  • Heart of Thorns information, so far, is rather thin actually and sounds like a fairly minor expansion (I’d love to be wrong but based on information we have it seems very short on PvE story content, which, in an RPG, is what a lot of us want). It seems like $50 is a bit steep for what we’ve heard is in it. Especially based on previous ArenaNet expansion products.
  • ArenaNet did change the FAQ for HoT literally right before the pre-order offer was announced. So a lot of people did buy the core game, because the FAQ said it would be required only to find out that they just wasted some money (at least ArenaNet appears to be offering refunds on a case by case support basis.) In any case, this seems like… some sleazy tactics.
  • Veteran players with full slots don’t have a way to make a new character to enjoy some of the new stuff in the expansion unless they pay extra money for a character slot or one of the higher priced pre-order editions. While new players get 8 slots and the core game. Just seems kind of… disrepectful. It’s true a veteran player could create a second, new, account and use that but they aren’t linked in any way so it’s also kind of a pain in the behind.

In this list, it’s actually the first two that bother me personally. I’ll probably go ahead and buy HoT in the end if it ends up having some PvE story content. (If it’s just repeatable group events, there’s no way I’m paying $50 for that.) (Guild Housing etc is of no interest to me but I know some folks are into that.)

They dont have a way to open up a slot? None what so ever like deleting something they dont enjoy, or using gold to buy another slot. Its like you guys have never played the game before. You dont have to dish out money for stuff.

Ive also said that they should do right to the people that purchased the game recently before the pre-purchase was announced. Its like you guys dont fully read.

And concerning GW1 there was only 1 expansion that people consider to of had a lot of content. You also have to look at when and the technology used during the creation of GW1 and the expansions.

Yeah, the information is pretty thin for HoT at the moment, nothing is 100% known, but that just means you shouldnt pre-order it until more is known if you dont feel comfortable with the price. Thats it.

Solori.6025

Actually it kind of is.

It’s like going to a restaurant because they have a deal that says
“Our pasta includes ( key word here try not to miss this ok) a silver fork.

You already have a silver fork you bought from the place 3 years ago.
So you and a tourist walk in, order the pasta deal.

And the waiter gives the tourist a plate of pasta and a silver fork.

and just hands you a plate of pasta and says
" Sorry, I forgot to mention when you ordered and paid for this you don’t get the silver fork because you have one from 3 years ago."

That is the issue.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I mean just think about it for a second.

No, you think about it. The core game has a value. If it is free for new players, that only means either someone else is paying that cost, or that the cost has been included in something else.

So, i have to ask – if it is really free for new players, who pays for it? Because someone most certainly does. And no, it’s not Anet.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Veteran players have already gotten their fair share of free stuff, living story which if these new players want to experience they have to pay for, free level 20 boosts for being active during the anniversaries, free skins, free level 80’s if you didnt waste your tomes, and who knows what else was given out.

First off, I hate your gut, you Anet’s pet, OP. What free skins? you mean the ones that we paid for when we bought the game? The game itself isn’t free, it’s not free MMORPG that everyone in the world with a computer and internet can just download. that’s means you cannot get living story unless you bought the game. Therefore, none of the “free stuff” is free, because you gotta pay the entrance fee, so SHUT it. I don’t get this Anet’s guard-dog mentality of these people. We are trying to get something more for the money we will be paying to protect old players, (the OP included) since people pratically buy the old game twice. This OP guy just went “bark bark bark” at everyone, and assuming that we could get something extra, he would just quietly enjoy it too. So OP: wagging your tail to anet wont rain you any precusor.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Straylight.7529

if everyone got treated the same way, with my purchase I would have one key for HoT + one key for the core game

No, it’s not discrimination. The new player gets free stuff as an incentive to join a game that has already been running for three years. In my opinion that’s a good thing. You feel like you should receive more for already owning the game. Arenanet obviously doesn’t share that feeling. Nor do I.

Rai.9625

Actually it kind of is.

" Sorry, I forgot to mention when you ordered and paid for this you don’t get the silver fork because you have one from 3 years ago."

That is the issue.

That is true on another level, It really was badly worded on the shop site… still, that is not the problem everyone shares, some have other priorities why they are upset.

Jongi.7612

And people say im a broken record when people keep bringing this argument which has already been addressed in this thread. Its their choice if they want to give it to new players and its a smart choice. You nor them are getting anything “extra”. You just feel cheated because you bought the game 3 years ago for 60 bucks and now they are getting it for free.

Thats all that argument boils down to. Do I get kittened when I pay 50 dollars for every WoW expansion that I purchased and now you can buy them all together for 20 bucks? No, its a way to get people in the door.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

actually, he is getting something special for already owning the game. he gets his copy of the core game from the bundle removed.

he receives a different manner of goods or service from the same purchase. pretty much the definition of special treatment.

Solori.6025

Actually it kind of is.

That is the issue.

That is true on another level, It really was badly worded on the shop site… still, that is not the problem everyone shares, some have other priorities why they are upset.

True..
I should reword the ending to this is "one " of the issues
Though talking about the specific situation, that does pertain the specific quote of " discrimination" because that is, in a sense, discrimination.

On the same note.
Everyone knows what discrimination means right?

(edited by Solori.6025)

phys.7689

That would be Ideal, though there is no “having rights” involved. And everyone should be allowed his opinion: My opinion, cool if I own no fork i get one and can eat. Oh, I own a fork, to bad that I wont get that promo gift fork… it would be nice if i could get a knife instead, but well. The meal is still worth it

Again MY OPINION! If you have another, I can understand that and I think you are right. If you don’t get it(the fork), you won’t go there anymore and you are saying so. Nothing wrong with that, as there is a chance, that you could (as unlikely as it may be) change something. I think that is a good thing.

what isn’t good: trying to ‘force’ others to take the same Point of View as yourself…

that is why i say: I’m fine with it as it is, if you are not, say so! Maybe it could change with enough voices. that is a good thing, no? Just don’t try to convert those who have another opinion, that is all^^

Edited PS: Though even my words could be interpreted as trying to convert you to see, that it is just about a personal PoV… xD

you can not care about a fork, but you cannot say that people who cannot get the same fork and want it are getting the same service as people who can get the fork.

you cannot say they arent treating customers differently for the same purchase at the same time.

the only point of view is how you feel about that.