Veteran entitlement mentality.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You feel like you should receive more for already owning the game.

No. You think he should receive less because of it. And that is a discrimination.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

I mean just think about it for a second.

No, you think about it. The core game has a value. If it is free for new players, that only means either someone else is paying that cost, or that the cost has been included in something else.

So, i have to ask – if it is really free for new players, who pays for it? Because someone most certainly does. And no, it’s not Anet.

There is no core game anymore. HoT is the new core game. The new most-updated version of the game everyone is going to play in the near future. Everyone pays 50$ to access that version no matter if you already have the game or not. There’s nothing wrong about that.

Soon you can’t purchase the “core” game anymore without purchasing HoT (why would you, you get more for the same price) therefore your argument of “the core game has a value and someone pays for it” is invalid.

No. You think he should receive less because of it. And that is a discrimination.

No, that’s not what I think. I simply think that it’s ok if a new player gets more as an incentive to buy the game and missing out on three years of fun. That is not discrimination.

(edited by Straylight.7529)

Posted by: Jongi.7612

Jongi.7612

Veteran players have already gotten their fair share of free stuff, living story which if these new players want to experience they have to pay for, free level 20 boosts for being active during the anniversaries, free skins, free level 80’s if you didnt waste your tomes, and who knows what else was given out.

First off, I hate your gut, you Anet’s pet, OP. What free skins? you mean the ones that we paid for when we bought the game? The game itself isn’t free, it’s not free MMORPG that everyone in the world with a computer and internet can just download. that’s means you cannot get living story unless you bought the game. Therefore, none of the “free stuff” is free, because you gotta pay the entrance fee, so SHUT it. I don’t get this Anet’s guard-dog mentality of these people. We are trying to get something more for the money we will be paying to protect old players, (the OP included) since people pratically buy the old game twice. This OP guy just went “bark bark bark” at everyone, and assuming that we could get something extra, he would just quietly enjoy it too. So OP: wagging your tail to anet wont rain you any precusor.

You didnt get a free skin? I did, and it wasnt when I bought the game. You must of missed out. And guess what, the new players who get the game, dont get to experience the living story without dishing out more money.

I dont really care about what ANet thinks about me or what they give me. I think they screwed up in one spot and thats having people pay for the core game and then releasing the pre-purchase with the free core game.

It isnt being a guard dog, its just informing people that they arent completely thinking things through. Do you understand that?

Posted by: KGS.9842

KGS.9842

No, it’s not discrimination. The new player gets free stuff as an incentive to join a game that has already been running for three years. In my opinion that’s a good thing. You feel like you should receive more for already owning the game. Arenanet obviously doesn’t share that feeling. Nor do I.

no I don’t feel i should receive more
I should receive the same thing as the new player, because we are both conducting the same transaction with a-net. It shouldn’t matter whether I already have the game or not

and allow me to remind you

Yes, that is correct. You get less value than the new players. But since you’re not a new player it shouldn’t concern you in the first place. Don’t think so hard about what “other people” get. Just ask yourself whether HoT is worth your money or not.

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

or maybe it’s being over thought, i just came back from steam and they are having a massive sale …it is just a game and maybe it’s time to move on to better deals. i already have the core gw2 account, i just wont go deeper into this rabbit hole, there always seems to be some new drama with how they handle things, and that’s getting a little old.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Jongi.7612

No one is getting less. No one is missing part of the game for owning it before HoT pre-purchase. The only people who should be kittened off are the people who paid for the core game recently and then the pre-release hit.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

No no no no no… just no. Your not entitled to anything. You even helped my point across that you think your entitled because you bought the game 3 years ago. Did you not forget you got soooo much that isnt able to be gotten anymore in those 3 years without paying for it like living story season 2? Or how about just all the time you spent in game already, or the free level 20 boosts, or whatever else you could think of.

This is exactly what my original post was addressing, people need to understand this.

What do you mean I’m not entitled to what I pay for? If Im paying the same price as a new player whose buying the full game plus exspanion then i better be getting a second useable copy of gw2 to do whatever I desire with. If that is not the case ( which its not) then that is a bait and switch which yes should anger you.

They can keep their instant lvl 20 scrolls, I never asked or begged for them. in fact they are ridiculous storage wasters since they don’t stack. My character was level 80 before the 1st year, was still level 80 when the second year came around, and this third year…. guess what level the character will be – ill give you a riddle its a two digit number that looks like 80 and the second digit isn’t an 8.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Jongi.7612

or maybe it’s being over thought, i just came back from steam and they are having a massive sale …it is just a game and maybe it’s time to move on to better deals. i already have the core gw2 account, i just wont go deeper into this rabbit hole, there always seems to be some new drama with how they handle things, and that’s getting a little old.

Its because with how society is now that they overreact with everything because they dont see the overall picture.

Ricky.4706

yes, but you are endorsing an oppressive position….so far that paints for me a picture of what the expansion environment will be like. it’s just a game.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: Rai.9625

Rai.9625

yes if you go to a restaurant and they give you a fork to own if you buy a meal, then people who buy that meal should also be able to get the same fork to own.

especially if the item is sold as, Buy the early bird special and get a free fork to take home!

everyone who buys the special should be able to get the same fork, no matter how many forks they buy, how many they have at home, or how many sippy cups they drink from

That would be Ideal, though there is no “having rights” involved. And everyone should be allowed his opinion: My opinion, cool if I own no fork i get one and can eat. Oh, I own a fork, to bad that I wont get that promo gift fork… it would be nice if i could get a knife instead, but well. The meal is still worth it

Again MY OPINION! If you have another, I can understand that and I think you are right. If you don’t get it(the fork), you won’t go there anymore and you are saying so. Nothing wrong with that, as there is a chance, that you could (as unlikely as it may be) change something. I think that is a good thing.

what isn’t good: trying to ‘force’ others to take the same Point of View as yourself…

that is why i say: I’m fine with it as it is, if you are not, say so! Maybe it could change with enough voices. that is a good thing, no? Just don’t try to convert those who have another opinion, that is all^^

Edited PS: Though even my words could be interpreted as trying to convert you to see, that it is just about a personal PoV… xD

you can not care about a fork, but you cannot say that people who cannot get the same fork and want it are getting the same service as people who can get the fork.

you cannot say they arent treating customers differently for the same purchase at the same time.

the only point of view is how you feel about that.

Never said that, did I? Just saying that it is your personal value to take offense/interest in that regard. And that is fine.
IN no word I said that was complete and utter equality. (Though I must point out, technically you can get the same exact as the newcomers: A NEW ACC/NEW GW2/NEW HOT—- it just doesn’t hold the same value on many different levels here and that I see the same way)

Just saying that getting at each other throats because of PoVs is not… helpful to what you and a lot of other want to archive. That is all.

You want same Value as Newcomers. That in and on itself is fine and you should voice that.

So please refrain from trying to find anything I could mean to offend facts or bash other PoVs… there is none.

Of course it can be seen as a bad customer service/offer. No arguing there… or it can be seen as a offer for promotional purposes and you yourself aren’t ‘lucky’. Both is true.
And whichever you choose from that is right for you. That doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be made simply:
They could have foreseen that players want equal value and they should have acted accordingly… I would have at least

Jongi.7612

No no no no no… just no. Your not entitled to anything. You even helped my point across that you think your entitled because you bought the game 3 years ago. Did you not forget you got soooo much that isnt able to be gotten anymore in those 3 years without paying for it like living story season 2? Or how about just all the time you spent in game already, or the free level 20 boosts, or whatever else you could think of.

This is exactly what my original post was addressing, people need to understand this.

What do you mean I’m not entitled to what I pay for? If Im paying the same price as a new player whose buying the full game plus exspanion then i better be getting a second useable copy of gw2 to do whatever I desire with. If that is not the case ( which its not) then that is a bait and switch which yes should anger you.

They can keep their instant lvl 20 scrolls, I never asked or begged for them. in fact they are ridiculous storage wasters since they don’t stack. My character was level 80 before the 1st year, was still level 80 when the second year came around, and this third year…. guess what level the character will be – ill give you a riddle its a two digit number that looks like 80 and the second digit isn’t an 8.

What dont you understand that its JUST HoT. My character was level 80 before the first few months, your point? It doesnt mean I cant get a level 80 revenant in like… oh… however long it takes to get me out of the starting area.

Your not paying for the core game, get it through your head already.

Posted by: Arkblue.6129

Arkblue.6129

except you are, because there are additional costs with accounts that you can’t ignore. If there weren’t they’d give out free keys for core game to old players.

Jongi.7612

yes, but you are endorsing an oppressive position….so far that paints for me a picture of what the expansion environment will be like. it’s just a game.

No one is oppressing anyone. Everyone gets access to HoT, thats it. Nothing is being denied at all.

Posted by: Rai.9625

Rai.9625

What dont you understand that its JUST HoT. My character was level 80 before the first few months, your point? It doesnt mean I cant get a level 80 revenant in like… oh… however long it takes to get me out of the starting area.

I think the wording is just a bit complicated: He just wants the same value (I’ll remind you value is bound to be subjective)
That is his view on the matter and that is his choice, he can do that I think. You mustn’t share the same sentiment, no?

Ricky.4706

the very title of this thread is oppressive. no thank you, i’ll pass. i’m happy with what i have and i’m stopping there. the expansion has this Orwellian flair that is not sitting well with me.

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

YES you ARE…

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion(includes Guild Wars 2 core game)

Look at the definition of includes and tell me again how we are not buying the base game with HoT

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Posted by: Someday.3650

Someday.3650

Employee Radar is going nuts in this thread.

toss up between that and human potato

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Not sure why you do, after all these pages of posts with pure nonsense. Even if he isn’t, I don’t see the point of arguing any further, is like talking to a wall. Yes, a very big brick made wall.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Its because with how society is now that they overreact with everything because they dont see the overall picture.

Because, you can ?

Straylight.7529

YES you ARE…

Look at the definition of includes and tell me again how we are not buying the base game with HoT

I paid 70$ for GW2 three years ago. Now I pay 50$ in order to get access to HoT and you’re telling me I just bought the base game again? what??

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

ArenaNet please shut this thread down. It’s just the OP having the same argument over and over. It’s run its course.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

papry.8096

No, let him answer there.

Arkblue.6129

YES you ARE…

I paid 70$ for GW2 three years ago. Now I pay 50$ in order to get access to HoT. What did I pay for?

You paid for GW2 and the core game that you already purchased for 70$ 3 years ago. Really, it’s written on the page, it’s hard not to notice it.

Unless, you for it, then you activate it, and then Arena Net eats up your second core game.
Which has value. But it’s taken from you.
If you decide to upgrade an account you lose value.
Because of that , at the end of the day, you bought less than a new player for the same price. It’s that simple.

Jongi.7612

Because, you can ?

Yes, even the sites that people told me to go read dont have any real sympathy for people complaining that new players are getting the core game for free. And they even say thing like “when I bought skyrim at launch for $100 do I get mad because someone paid 5 dollars for it on sale? No because I got hundreds of hours of play out of it and new blood in a game is never a bad thing. They could get hooked and be a great modder….” and so on and so on. They dont agree with this point of view that some injustice is happening, they do however agree that people who purchased the game and then the pre-release hit were screwed over. Another thing that they brought up was that some people just might not think its worth it. Its perfectly fine for people to look at the content given and say it is or isnt worth my money.

You guys need to look at the entire picture, time investment you got out of the core game, what you were able to experience when other people who are new cannot and what is actually happening. ANet is trying to make the community go, appeal to other people who might want to leave WoW because of of the expansion known as WoD.

Solori.6025

YES you ARE…

I paid 70$ for GW2 three years ago. Now I pay 50$ in order to get access to HoT. What did I pay for?

Why is is relevant what you have or had from 3 years ago.

RIGHT NOW.

When you go to the buy page, what does it say for standard?

A simple thing called reading goes a long way.
But to reiterate.
It doesn’t matter if you bought the game 3 years ago or 2.
This bundle RIGHT NOW
says (includes Guild Wars 2 core game)
That means you are buying HoT and Gw2 Core.

It doesn’t say ANYWHERE ON THE FAQ OR BUY PAGE
You don’t get the core if you have one already.

So yes. YOU ARE buying a bundle when you buy HoT.

If English is not your first language please say so and I will use google translate to try and make this clearer.

(edited by Solori.6025)

Straylight.7529

YES you ARE…

You paid for GW2 and the core game that you already purchased for 70$ 3 years ago. Really, it’s written on the page, it’s hard not to notice it.

Unless, you for it, then you activate it, and then Arena Net eats up your second core game.
Because of that , at the end of the day, you bought less than a new player for the same price. It’s that simple.

So it’s back to the whole value argument? That’s not what Solori was talking about. The fact still stands: if you purchase HoT for 50% you get the core game for free (so you can access HoT in the first place) if you don’t already own it.

I don’t care if a new player gets a better deal than I do. He’s a new player, let him have the better deal.

Straylight.7529

YES you ARE…

I think this is going way over your comprehension level.

Do you know what includes means?

Do you know what a bundle is?

RIGHT NOW.

But to reiterate.
This bundle RIGHT NOW

If English is not your first language please say so and I will use google translate to try and make this clearer.

Yes, the core game is included for free when you’re a new player. That’s what I’m saying all along. That’s what arenanet is saying. English is not my first language but I think it’s good enough to show you that your logic is simply wrong.

No matter if you’re a new player or a veteran, you’re paying for HoT which is in arenanets opinion worth 50$. If you’re a new player you simply get the base game thrown in for free. I really don’t understand why that is such an issue for you or for anyone actually.

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

YES you ARE…

RIGHT NOW.

But to reiterate.
This bundle RIGHT NOW

Yes, the core game is included for free when you’re a new player. That’s what I’m saying all along. That’s what arenanet is saying. English is not my first language but I think it’s good enough to show you that your logic is simply wrong.

you are having some serious reading comprehension issues that are preventing you from understanding his point.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I don’t care if a new player gets a better deal than I do. He’s a new player, let him have the better deal.

Hmm, what about no?

I mean, why not but I’m then perfectly allowed to judge how good of a better deal he can have before I start complaining.

HoT crosses the line by far.

(edited by stof.9341)

Jongi.7612

YES you ARE…

RIGHT NOW.

But to reiterate.
This bundle RIGHT NOW

Its relevant because you… you know… played the game. If you didnt play the game but still bought it 3 years ago, thats your fault.

papry.8096

“when I bought skyrim at launch for $100 do I get mad because someone paid 5 dollars for it on sale?

As long that I know what we buy is HoT; be it new players and old players.
Did you see any vet angry when Anet put the game at 10$ multiple time ?
Ask yourself why there is such a difference.

Arkblue.6129

YES you ARE…

So it’s back to the whole value argument? That’s not what Solori was talking about. The fact still stands: if you purchase HoT for 50% you get the core game for free (so you can access HoT in the first place) if you don’t already own it.

Well, if you don’t care about other players getting the equivalent of (at the very least) 10 euros(minimum price that Gw2 ever reached at the store)= 800 gems= 150 gold for free just because they are new players, even if they are paying the same price, it doesn’t mean that everyone else doesn’t.
Your acceptance of an unfair treatment shouldn’t be applied to everybody.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’ve seen veterans be called “entitled,” “spoiled,” “toxic,” “scum,” and “salty” so far. I should make a bingo chart.

Gotcha covered. Now, everyone can play along!

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Jongi.7612

Hmm, what about no?

I mean, why not but I’m perfectly allowed to just how good of a better deal he can have before I start complaining.

HoT crosses the line by far.

Then I want to see you on the WoW forums saying that all the WoW expansions should be the price they were on release, protesting agaisnt steam for having sales and anything of the sort. ANet are doing the exact same things the other companies did regarding previous games and expansions or even older games. The scenario is no different.

Straylight.7529

YES you ARE…

Well, if you don’t care about other players getting the equivalent of (at the very least) 10 euros(minimum price that Gw2 ever reached at the store)= 800 gems= 150 gold for free just because they are new players, even if they are paying the same price, it doesn’t mean that everyone else doesn’t.

Of course not. You’re entitled to your envy.

Then I want to see you on the WoW forums saying that all the WoW expansions should be the price they were on release, protesting agaisnt steam for having sales and anything of the sort. ANet are doing the exact same things the other companies did regarding previous games and expansions or even older games. The scenario is no different.

Exactly. Arenanet offers you to access HoT for 50$ no matter if you already own the game or not. That’s what you pay for and that is what you get. You just happen to be in luck if you’re a new player but again…you missed out for three years.

Arkblue.6129

YES you ARE…

RIGHT NOW.

But to reiterate.
This bundle RIGHT NOW

Its relevant because you… you know… played the game. If you didnt play the game but still bought it 3 years ago, thats your fault.

It’s not really relevant because you played the game… after purchasing it.
You didn’t play it for free.
There is a market, there are competitos, Anet created a business model for his product and people adhered to it. It’s not like Anet gave everyone the game for free: the game had a value and now they are arbitrarily changing it as it fits their marketing scheme, even if it screws older players.

papry.8096

…snip….

Hey buddy, I have a new metaphore for you.

A new item comes to the cash shop.
- If your account is older than 12 months ; it will cost you 1000 gems.
- If your account is younger than 12 months ; it will cost you 1000 gems and you get a free harvester tool at 1000 gems that 12 months old players could have paid for before.

Would like to be in the group of the older players ?
Knowing that deals like that may arise more & more often ?
Sooner or later everyone will go in the older group.

Jongi.7612

YES you ARE…

Have you protested other games that have done this like WoW? Or Skyrim where the game was 100 dollars and now its like 5 or what about skins in other games or even this one, did you complain that someone got a skin for 50% and you didnt? If you didnt do it there then why are you doing it here?

stof.9341

I perfectly fine with the notion that promotions happen over time. My fault for not taking them, or my advantage for getting the product early and making use of it without waiting cause I’m impatient! It was my choice and it’s a fact of life I know would happen.

But I’m not fine with having a promotion RIGHT now that doesn’t apply to me right now for reasons I’m not fine with ANet bundling unwanted software with their expansion and refusing to unbundle the result in anyway. And I don’t believe the lie that the core is free in the bundle because :
- I don’t receive the item I purchased
- there is no proof the price is really $0 since you cannot buy the item for that price anywhere

This isn’t a fact of life I expected to happen really so I’m angry.

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

All of you who say “HoT is the new version of the game, you’re buying just the upgrade” Imagine this was done with gaming consoles and you had to buy a new PlayStation every single time a new game came out. Except you’d be forced to buy exactly the same thing you already own, that’s still running. And you wouldn’t even have the benefit of having a backup machine, because as soon as you bought the console, it would mysteriously disappear and you’d only get the game. Others, who have not supported the console manufacturer for the past three years, would be pretty much rewarded for not supporting them.

See the problem? It just sends the wrong message. “Don’t play this game, just buy it as a bundle when all the expansions come out.”

Solori.6025

YES you ARE…

RIGHT NOW.

But to reiterate.
This bundle RIGHT NOW

No, again, you don’t understand what include means.
and that isn’t what arenanet is saying based on the meaning of the word includes.

Includes in as simple of a form as i can put it. Is going to a store and buying grapes, but the store clerk gives you an apple and says when you buy grapes, you also get an apple, because they are sold together.

Now back to the wording on the buy page.

the key word is includes.
it means that when you go to the page, you buy HoT and they are supposed to give you GW2 core also, because it is sold with HoT.

Regardless of whether you own gw2 or not, by the definition of the word includes, all customers who preorder are supposed to get gw2core and HoT.

That is what include means.

Does this explanation work? Is this easier to understand? Would it be easier to explain this in your native language, if so please say what it is and I will try and translate using google.

choovanski.5462

I’m constantly surprised by the ‘quality’ of others. Jongi you make me sad.

Jongi.7612

…snip….

Hey buddy, I have a new metaphore for you.

A new item comes to the cash shop.
- If your account is older than 12 months ; it will cost you 1000 gems.
- If your account is younger than 12 months ; it will cost you 1000 gems and you get a free harvester tool at 1000 gems that 12 months old players could have paid for before.

Would like to be in the group of the older players ?
Knowing that deals like that may arise more & more often ?
Sooner or later everyone will go in the older group.

That isnt what is happening, at all. Thats how people are seeing it though, but it isnt what is happening. Its rather like you already have the harvester and a new skin is coming out that you need the harvester to use. If you dont have it and buy the skin you get the harvester, if you have the harvester you just get the skin. The skin is worth the same amount with or without the harvester.

Jongi.7612

A little more context would be good to have.

stof.9341

Here’s another proof that the core game is NOT free.

You know why we preowners of the game do not get the core on top of the upgrade? Because ANet is scared we will sell it back! How can we sell an item that has no value?

choovanski.5462

A little more context would be good to have.

I don’t think you would be able to cope with it

Arkblue.6129

YES you ARE…

Have you protested other games that have done this like WoW? Or Skyrim where the game was 100 dollars and now its like 5 or what about skins in other games or even this one, did you complain that someone got a skin for 50% and you didnt? If you didnt do it there then why are you doing it here?

I hoped you said that :*
WOW: The expansions cost 45 Euros. You have the base game? Fine. You don’t? 15 euros for all previous expansions. 7.5 if the battle chest is on sale.
Skyrim: had 2 major dlc and one minor dlc. None of them are standalone and all of them require the base game which is not given away for free. I paid Skyrim with the full DLC 10 euros, but those who had the base game would have paid only 5. The value of the game dropped, not vanished.
Skins in other games like LOL: well, maybe if you actually played LoL you would knew that riot games refunds skins purchased in the last 2 weeks if they go on sale unannounced, but they don’t refund if they already announced the schedule for that given month.

So, in all of your examples, the producer/developers consider that older players should still get a fair deal when compared to new players, and while the value of their investment dropped over time due to aging, it didn’t vanish.

Jongi.7612

YES you ARE…

RIGHT NOW.

But to reiterate.
This bundle RIGHT NOW

No, again, you don’t understand what include means.
and that isn’t what arenanet is saying based on the meaning of the word includes.

Includes in as simple of a form as i can put it. Is going to a store and buying grapes, but the store clerk gives you an apple and says when you buy grapes, you also get an apple, because they are sold together.

Now back to the wording on the buy page.

it means that when you go to the page, you buy HoT and they are supposed to give you GW2 core also, because it is sold with HoT.

Regardless of whether you own gw2 or not, by the definition of the word includes, all customers who preorder are supposed to get gw2core and HoT.

Does this explanation work? Is this easier to understand? Would it be easier to explain this in your native language, if so please say what it is and I will try and translate using google.

And thats exactly why I said they should change it to say “included for new players” or “new accounts”. Its a misunderstanding. They did say that its just for new players though, they just need to change the buy page.

Arkblue.6129

YES you ARE…

Of course not. You’re entitled to your envy.

Exactly. Arenanet offers you to access HoT for 50$ no matter if you already own the game or not. That’s what you pay for and that is what you get. You just happen to be in luck if you’re a new player but again…you missed out for three years.

And you’re entitled to your masochism.
Read the reply to Jongi regarding the WoW example.

Straylight.7529

You’re seeing it the wrong way. They’re not selling you the core game plus HoT. They are selling you HoT. You just happen to get the core game for free (because it’s a prerequirement to access HoT) if you are a new player. The price for HoT is 50$

translating your post into a different language wouldn’t get rid of it’s logical flaws.

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

Except that no, as Solori here precisely said, you do not. If you’re a veteran player, the other core game you’re supposed to get vanishes into thin air. If we got another key to give to a friend, even if it merged with our current account to give something of value (the extra character slot would have been nice, as the new account means five), it would be fine.

This way, when you have a purchase where it’s much, much more profitable for a player to make a completely new account than to upgrade their existing one, it’s a sign there’s something wrong with the system.