Veteran entitlement mentality.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Jongi.7612

Jongi.7612

YES you ARE…

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion(includes Guild Wars 2 core game)

Look at the definition of includes and tell me again how we are not buying the base game with HoT

I paid 70$ for GW2 three years ago. Now I pay 50$ in order to get access to HoT. What did I pay for?

You paid for GW2 and the core game that you already purchased for 70$ 3 years ago. Really, it’s written on the page, it’s hard not to notice it.

Unless, you for it, then you activate it, and then Arena Net eats up your second core game.
Which has value. But it’s taken from you.
If you decide to upgrade an account you lose value.
Because of that , at the end of the day, you bought less than a new player for the same price. It’s that simple.

So it’s back to the whole value argument? That’s not what Solori was talking about. The fact still stands: if you purchase HoT for 50% you get the core game for free (so you can access HoT in the first place) if you don’t already own it.

I don’t care if a new player gets a better deal than I do. He’s a new player, let him have the better deal.

Well, if you don’t care about other players getting the equivalent of (at the very least) 10 euros(minimum price that Gw2 ever reached at the store)= 800 gems= 150 gold for free just because they are new players, even if they are paying the same price, it doesn’t mean that everyone else doesn’t.
Your acceptance of an unfair treatment shouldn’t be applied to everybody.

Have you protested other games that have done this like WoW? Or Skyrim where the game was 100 dollars and now its like 5 or what about skins in other games or even this one, did you complain that someone got a skin for 50% and you didnt? If you didnt do it there then why are you doing it here?

I hoped you said that :*
WOW: The expansions cost 45 Euros. You have the base game? Fine. You don’t? 15 euros for all previous expansions. 7.5 if the battle chest is on sale.
Skyrim: had 2 major dlc and one minor dlc. None of them are standalone and all of them require the base game which is not given away for free. I paid Skyrim with the full DLC 10 euros, but those who had the base game would have paid only 5. The value of the game dropped, not vanished.
Skins in other games like LOL: well, maybe if you actually played LoL you would knew that riot games refunds skins purchased in the last 2 weeks if they go on sale unannounced, but they don’t refund if they already announced the schedule for that given month.

So, in all of your examples, the producer/developers consider that older players should still get a fair deal when compared to new players, and while the value of their investment dropped over time due to aging, it didn’t vanish.

Do you see that 15 dollars for all expansions isnt equal to the 250 if you bought each one? And we arent talking about if you bought a skin 2 weeks ago and then it went on sale, we are talking about buying it at launch and 3 years later it going on sale. Its no different whan what ANet is doing.

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

YES you ARE…

Look at the definition of includes and tell me again how we are not buying the base game with HoT

I paid 70$ for GW2 three years ago. Now I pay 50$ in order to get access to HoT. What did I pay for?

I think this is going way over your comprehension level.

Do you know what includes means?

Do you know what a bundle is?

Why is is relevant what you have or had from 3 years ago.

RIGHT NOW.

When you go to the buy page, what does it say for standard?

A simple thing called reading goes a long way.
But to reiterate.
It doesn’t matter if you bought the game 3 years ago or 2.
This bundle RIGHT NOW
says (includes Guild Wars 2 core game)
That means you are buying HoT and Gw2 Core.

It doesn’t say ANYWHERE ON THE FAQ OR BUY PAGE
You don’t get the core if you have one already.

So yes. YOU ARE buying a bundle when you buy HoT.

If English is not your first language please say so and I will use google translate to try and make this clearer.

Yes, the core game is included for free when you’re a new player. That’s what I’m saying all along. That’s what arenanet is saying. English is not my first language but I think it’s good enough to show you that your logic is simply wrong.

No, again, you don’t understand what include means.
and that isn’t what arenanet is saying based on the meaning of the word includes.

Includes in as simple of a form as i can put it. Is going to a store and buying grapes, but the store clerk gives you an apple and says when you buy grapes, you also get an apple, because they are sold together.

Now back to the wording on the buy page.

the key word is includes.
it means that when you go to the page, you buy HoT and they are supposed to give you GW2 core also, because it is sold with HoT.

Regardless of whether you own gw2 or not, by the definition of the word includes, all customers who preorder are supposed to get gw2core and HoT.

That is what include means.

Does this explanation work? Is this easier to understand? Would it be easier to explain this in your native language, if so please say what it is and I will try and translate using google.

And thats exactly why I said they should change it to say “included for new players” or “new accounts”. Its a misunderstanding. They did say that its just for new players though, they just need to change the buy page.

No it’s much more than a misunderstanding, it’s a direct and blatant legal issue, they need to not only change it, but refund people their money, then clarify what they actually meant.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Jongi.7612

No no no no no… just no. Your not entitled to anything. You even helped my point across that you think your entitled because you bought the game 3 years ago. Did you not forget you got soooo much that isnt able to be gotten anymore in those 3 years without paying for it like living story season 2? Or how about just all the time you spent in game already, or the free level 20 boosts, or whatever else you could think of.

This is exactly what my original post was addressing, people need to understand this.

What do you mean I’m not entitled to what I pay for? If Im paying the same price as a new player whose buying the full game plus exspanion then i better be getting a second useable copy of gw2 to do whatever I desire with. If that is not the case ( which its not) then that is a bait and switch which yes should anger you.

They can keep their instant lvl 20 scrolls, I never asked or begged for them. in fact they are ridiculous storage wasters since they don’t stack. My character was level 80 before the 1st year, was still level 80 when the second year came around, and this third year…. guess what level the character will be – ill give you a riddle its a two digit number that looks like 80 and the second digit isn’t an 8.

What dont you understand that its JUST HoT. My character was level 80 before the first few months, your point? It doesnt mean I cant get a level 80 revenant in like… oh… however long it takes to get me out of the starting area.

Your not paying for the core game, get it through your head already.

YES you ARE…

Ever hear of a misprint? Your not buying the core game. They just need to update their page.

Jongi.7612

YES you ARE…

RIGHT NOW.

But to reiterate.
This bundle RIGHT NOW

If English is not your first language please say so and I will use google translate to try and make this clearer.

Yes, the core game is included for free when you’re a new player. That’s what I’m saying all along. That’s what arenanet is saying. English is not my first language but I think it’s good enough to show you that your logic is simply wrong.

and that isn’t what arenanet is saying based on the meaning of the word includes.

Includes in as simple of a form as i can put it. Is going to a store and buying grapes, but the store clerk gives you an apple and says when you buy grapes, you also get an apple, because they are sold together.

it means that when you go to the page, you buy HoT and they are supposed to give you GW2 core also, because it is sold with HoT.

Regardless of whether you own gw2 or not, by the definition of the word includes, all customers who preorder are supposed to get gw2core and HoT.

Does this explanation work? Is this easier to understand? Would it be easier to explain this in your native language, if so please say what it is and I will try and translate using google.

And thats exactly why I said they should change it to say “included for new players” or “new accounts”. Its a misunderstanding. They did say that its just for new players though, they just need to change the buy page.

No it’s much more than a misunderstanding, it’s a direct and blatant legal issue, they need to not only change it, but refund people their money, then clarify what they actually meant.

Then quit posting on the forums and go after that legal action. They already have clarified what they actually meant. I knew what it meant before I purchased it and I got the information from ANet.

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

TO the op why does such an intelligent person as you seem so ignorant towards peoples rights to speak for themselves when they see something is poor value and poor treatment.

There is no such thing as loyalty from any company no matter what they say but there is good customer care. We owe GW 2 nothing and they owe us nothing but there are expectations.

First we were told when we bought the game we would be getting frequent free updates regards the Living Story. We did. Some people paid £49.00 for the original game but including LS it was fantastic value for money but that’s what we were paying for.

Many of us hoped for a big expansion pack and we don’t mind paying for it. When HoT was detailed at first some of us felt it wasn’t that much and it certainly wouldn’t have the same playtime for many of us as the base game. We have not had the LS story for a long time so we obviously know this is to replace the free LS updates this year most probably or at least for 6 months.

We expected reasonable value for it. £20.99 to £24.99 is acceptable for me with a free character slot. Well what Aney offered is much costlier and certainly not value for money for many of us because the current new content we know about now has absolutely no way near the life the original game has.

Anet obviously know a lot of people have invested a lot of time on this game and money in the gem store and they are betting on people, happily or angrily, buying the expansion because the only other options is their characters will stop progressing through the game as a whole. They are treating us like a captured audience they can manipulate.

We are not though. It’s not like we are stuck in a music festival having to buy drinks at extortionate prices as we were not allowed to bring our own. We can walk away to other games. I’m sure most if not many of us have done this before. I already moved on but would have come back for a fairly priced HoT even if for a short time. It won’t happen at this price.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

(edited by joneb.5679)

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Then quit posting on the forums and go after that legal action. They already have clarified what they actually meant. I knew what it meant before I purchased it and I got the information from ANet.

It’s so clear that no one know what it is.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

You’re seeing it the wrong way. They’re not selling you the core game plus HoT. They are selling you HoT. You just happen to get the core game for free (because it’s a prerequirement to access HoT) if you are a new player. The price for HoT is 50$

translating your post into a different language wouldn’t get rid of it’s logical flaws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_free_lunch

It doesn’t just take some words to change the value of things.

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Solori expert potato farmer. these potatoes are hardly worth harvesting though, many look rotten to the core. a spoiled crop.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

Solori.6025

YES you ARE…

RIGHT NOW.

But to reiterate.
This bundle RIGHT NOW

Oh sure,
As soon as you stop saying
“The core game is free”
" your just paying for the expansion" Or anything in it’s likeness
“The core game is a gift”
“Entitled”
“You have gotten plenty for just logging in for the past 3 years.” Or anything in it’s likeness.

Basically, stop posting and let people with valid concerns, issues, or displeasure post.
You do that, and I’ll consider your suggestion.

Jongi.7612

TO the op why does such an intelligent person as you seem so ignorant towards peoples rights to speak for themselves when they see something is poor value and poor treatment.

There is no such thing as loyalty from any company no matter what they say but there is good customer care. We owe GW 2 nothing and they owe us nothing but there are expectations.

First we were told when we bought the game we would be getting frequent free updates regards the Living Story. We did. Some people paid £49.00 for the original game but including LS it was fantastic value for money but that’s what we were paying for.

Many of us hoped for a big expansion pack and we don’t mind paying for it. When HoT was detailed at first some of us felt it wasn’t that much and it certainly wouldn’t have the same playtime for many of us as the base game. We have not had the LS story for a long time so we obviously know this is to replace the free LS updates this year most probably or at least for 6 months.

We expected reasonable value for it. £20.99 to £24.99 is acceptable for me with a free character slot. Well what Aney offered is much costlier and certainly not value for money for many of us because the current new content we know about now has absolutely no way near the life the original game has.

Anet obviously know a lot of people have invested a lot of time on this game and money in the gem store and they are betting on people, happily or angrily, buying the expansion because the only other options is their characters will stop progressing through the game as a whole. They are treating us like a captured audience they can manipulate.

We are not though. It’s not like we are stuck in a music festival having to buy drinks at extortionate prices as we were not allowed to bring our own. We can walk away to other games. I’m sure most if not many of us have done this before. I already moved on but would have come back for a fairly priced HoT even if for a short time. It won’t happen at this price.

I have no issues with someone speaking their opinions, but if they say something like arena net does this or that it implies that its a fact. Say why you dont think something is worth it, but if you say that someone gets more or better treatment than another you can test it and show how their thought processes since they arent looking at the entire picture.

Jongi.7612

YES you ARE…

RIGHT NOW.

But to reiterate.
This bundle RIGHT NOW

Oh sure,
As soon as you stop saying
“The core game is free”
" your just paying for the expansion" Or anything in it’s likeness
“The core game is a gift”
“Entitled”
“You have gotten plenty for just logging in for the past 3 years.” Or anything in it’s likeness.

Basically, stop posting and let people with valid concerns, issues, or displeasure post.
You do that, and I’ll consider your suggestion.

Then you really dont want to take legal action. Your actions shouldnt depend on my actions. Your also just buying HoT unless your a new player, and its just marketting to get new players to play.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

It’s not “entitlement”. Players just don’t want to spend more to get the base game they’ve already had for 2+ years. That’s it.

BTW, I bought the ultimate edition and I still think there are many valid criticisms about the price.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Arkblue.6129

Arkblue.6129

YES you ARE…

You paid for GW2 and the core game that you already purchased for 70$ 3 years ago. Really, it’s written on the page, it’s hard not to notice it.

Unless, you for it, then you activate it, and then Arena Net eats up your second core game.
Which has value. But it’s taken from you.
If you decide to upgrade an account you lose value.
Because of that , at the end of the day, you bought less than a new player for the same price. It’s that simple.

So it’s back to the whole value argument? That’s not what Solori was talking about. The fact still stands: if you purchase HoT for 50% you get the core game for free (so you can access HoT in the first place) if you don’t already own it.

I don’t care if a new player gets a better deal than I do. He’s a new player, let him have the better deal.

Well, if you don’t care about other players getting the equivalent of (at the very least) 10 euros(minimum price that Gw2 ever reached at the store)= 800 gems= 150 gold for free just because they are new players, even if they are paying the same price, it doesn’t mean that everyone else doesn’t.
Your acceptance of an unfair treatment shouldn’t be applied to everybody.

Have you protested other games that have done this like WoW? Or Skyrim where the game was 100 dollars and now its like 5 or what about skins in other games or even this one, did you complain that someone got a skin for 50% and you didnt? If you didnt do it there then why are you doing it here?

I hoped you said that :*
WOW: The expansions cost 45 Euros. You have the base game? Fine. You don’t? 15 euros for all previous expansions. 7.5 if the battle chest is on sale.
Skyrim: had 2 major dlc and one minor dlc. None of them are standalone and all of them require the base game which is not given away for free. I paid Skyrim with the full DLC 10 euros, but those who had the base game would have paid only 5. The value of the game dropped, not vanished.
Skins in other games like LOL: well, maybe if you actually played LoL you would knew that riot games refunds skins purchased in the last 2 weeks if they go on sale unannounced, but they don’t refund if they already announced the schedule for that given month.

So, in all of your examples, the producer/developers consider that older players should still get a fair deal when compared to new players, and while the value of their investment dropped over time due to aging, it didn’t vanish.

Do you see that 15 dollars for all expansions isnt equal to the 250 if you bought each one? And we arent talking about if you bought a skin 2 weeks ago and then it went on sale, we are talking about buying it at launch and 3 years later it going on sale. Its no different whan what ANet is doing.

250 over what, 8 years? 9?
BTW, LoL is totally free to play, never had to purchase rune pages or champions with money, my investments were purely cosmetics.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

You guys need to look at the entire picture, time investment you got out of the core game, what you were able to experience when other people who are new cannot and what is actually happening.

Everything we enjoyed before was paid for when we originally paid for the game.

If you’re telling us that we should consider that enjoyment the thing that veterans get instead of the free base game that new players are getting, you’re actually agreeing that they’re paying double.

There, you’ve defeated your own argument, sounds like the perfect time to rethink your position and give this nonsense a rest. How does it feel to agree with the critics and not even realize it?

Posted by: Witch of Doom.5739

Witch of Doom.5739

I don’t feel “entitled” to anything. The issue with me and the HoT price and what is included is that the VALUE is not there for me, a veteran player. If I was brand new to the franchise I would think it’s a great deal; i.e., a great value.

Right now I’d pay $50 for HoT if included a character slot and some other shinies like gems or bank slots or in-game items. If the base game must be included, since I already own it I’d want a key to the base game that I could give away, so I could get a friend hooked on GW2 too.

Value is relative. Current pricing of HoT with what’s included does not have enough value for me. If it does for you, fine.

Jongi.7612

It’s not “entitlement” players just don’t want to spend more to get the base game they’ve already had for 2+ years. That’s it.

BTW, I bought the ultimate edition and I still think there are many valid criticisms about the price.

Your not spending more for the core game, HoT is 50 dollars.

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

It’s not “entitlement” players just don’t want to spend more to get the base game they’ve already had for 2+ years. That’s it.

You’re not spending money to get the base game. You already have the base game. You spend money to get HoT. And HoT happens to be priced at 50$. If you think that’s too expensive, fine…that would be a different dicussion. But you’re not spending more money on the base game. In fact you get new features like the upcoming trait system for free…because they modify the base game.

Solori.6025

You’re seeing it the wrong way. They’re not selling you the core game plus HoT. They are selling you HoT. You just happen to get the core game for free (because it’s a prerequirement to access HoT) if you are a new player. The price for HoT is 50$

translating your post into a different language wouldn’t get rid of it’s logical flaws.

There isn’t a logical flaw, expecting a NA company to abide by the language they put into there sale is not illogical.

What is illogical is refusing to educate yourself to basic definitions, and then refusing to understand the basic concept of a bundle, which is clearly what this is.

You don’t know what include means, even though I have linked the definition.
You don’t know what a bundle is, even though I have tried various times to explain it and OFFERED to translate that explanation.

You are being illogical and refusing to understand basic concepts and read what is clearly stated, and then trying to divert the base language of this sale to a Point of View, or an opinion of what it should mean.

You are being illogical, and uninformative, argumentative because people are not adhering to your opinion of what this sale means or should, and ignorant by refusing to educate yourself to basic definitions of the English language.

“I would recommend going and buying an English thesaurus, and if you don’t know what that is, go buy a dictionary and work your way forward”
-Jim Jefferies

Why don’t you just try to refute my point instead of writing long-winded insults. It’s not going to help you bringing your point across.

If you shelf out 50$ you’re paying for HoT. Nothing more, nothing less.
If you’re a veteran and you pay 50$ you get access to HoT and all its features.
If you’re a new player and you pay 50$ you get access to HoT and all its features.
It’s not about bundles….you’re not paying for a bundle…you’re paying for HoT. You just happen to get the base game for free if you’re a new player. You can try to see HoT as the new “core” game if that makes it easier.

I’m not adhering to your opinion because I think your opinion is wrong/flawed. No offense!

Constantly telling me to educate myself on the English language is not going to help you win an argument. I’m sorry!

Here is my rebuttal

Show me on the faq or buy page where it says for new accounts only.

Show me on the FAQ or buy page where it says people who have had accounts do not get another one free.

Then after that, link me the definition of the word includes.

I have refuted the same point 3 times already, you’re being willfully ignorant.

Lunar Sunset.8742

Then why isn’t the base game separate just like they said when the initial FAQ came out? You are not just getting HOT, you are getting the base game and HOT.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Jongi.7612

You guys need to look at the entire picture, time investment you got out of the core game, what you were able to experience when other people who are new cannot and what is actually happening.

If you’re telling us that we should consider that enjoyment the thing that veterans get instead of the free base game that new players are getting, you’re actually agreeing that they’re paying double.

There, you’ve defeated your own argument, sounds like the perfect time to rethink your position and give this nonsense a rest. How does it feel to agree with the critics and not even realize it?

No, where are you getting that from? People who paid 3 years ago got their monies worth 3 years ago. HoT is 50 dollars with or without the core game so I havent defeated my own argument. New players are paying 50 dollars for the expansion, and vet players are paying 50 dollars for the expansion.

Straylight.7529

Here is my rebuttal

Show me on the FAQ or buy page where it says people who have had accounts do not get another one free.

Again, strawman argument. I’ve never claimed those things you’re now demanding me to “proof”. Read my post again (the previous one), try to understand. You’re not paying for the core game again or some bundle. You’re paying for HoT and only HoT. If you are a new player you get the core game thrown in for free.

Jongi.7612

Then why isn’t the base game separate just like they said when the initial FAQ came out? You are not just getting HOT, you are getting the base game and HOT.

They didnt, they said you needed the core game to play HoT. Its called a core game for a reason.

Lunar Sunset.8742

They didnt, they said you needed the core game to play HoT. Its called a core game for a reason.

Wat? You don’t need the core game since you get it automatically buying HOT.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Jongi.7612

There isn’t a logical flaw, expecting a NA company to abide by the language they put into there sale is not illogical.

What is illogical is refusing to educate yourself to basic definitions, and then refusing to understand the basic concept of a bundle, which is clearly what this is.

You don’t know what include means, even though I have linked the definition.
You don’t know what a bundle is, even though I have tried various times to explain it and OFFERED to translate that explanation.

You are being illogical and refusing to understand basic concepts and read what is clearly stated, and then trying to divert the base language of this sale to a Point of View, or an opinion of what it should mean.

You are being illogical, and uninformative, argumentative because people are not adhering to your opinion of what this sale means or should, and ignorant by refusing to educate yourself to basic definitions of the English language.

“I would recommend going and buying an English thesaurus, and if you don’t know what that is, go buy a dictionary and work your way forward”
-Jim Jefferies

Why don’t you just try to refute my point instead of writing long-winded insults. It’s not going to help you bringing your point across.

If you’re a new player and you pay 50$ you get access to HoT and all its features.
It’s not about bundles….you’re not paying for a bundle…you’re paying for HoT. You just happen to get the base game for free if you’re a new player. You can try to see HoT as the new “core” game if that makes it easier.

I’m not adhering to your opinion because I think your opinion is wrong/flawed. No offense!

Constantly telling me to educate myself on the English language is not going to help you win an argument. I’m sorry!

Here is my rebuttal

Did you not see the forum post that has been at the top or near the top of the heart of thorns expansion forum with a red post. It says “To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.”

They do need to change the buy page, but it isnt like this information is hiding or anything.

Jongi.7612

Wat? You don’t need the core game since you get it automatically buying HOT.

I dont think you really understand whats need means. Need doesnt mean buy.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’ve seen veterans be called “entitled,” “spoiled,” “toxic,” “scum,” and “salty” so far. I should make a bingo chart.

Gotcha covered. Now, everyone can play along!

Nice! I loled.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

No no no no no… just no. Your not entitled to anything. You even helped my point across that you think your entitled because you bought the game 3 years ago. Did you not forget you got soooo much that isnt able to be gotten anymore in those 3 years without paying for it like living story season 2? Or how about just all the time you spent in game already, or the free level 20 boosts, or whatever else you could think of.

This is exactly what my original post was addressing, people need to understand this.

What do you mean I’m not entitled to what I pay for? If Im paying the same price as a new player whose buying the full game plus exspanion then i better be getting a second useable copy of gw2 to do whatever I desire with. If that is not the case ( which its not) then that is a bait and switch which yes should anger you.

They can keep their instant lvl 20 scrolls, I never asked or begged for them. in fact they are ridiculous storage wasters since they don’t stack. My character was level 80 before the 1st year, was still level 80 when the second year came around, and this third year…. guess what level the character will be – ill give you a riddle its a two digit number that looks like 80 and the second digit isn’t an 8.

What dont you understand that its JUST HoT. My character was level 80 before the first few months, your point? It doesnt mean I cant get a level 80 revenant in like… oh… however long it takes to get me out of the starting area.

so tell me oh white knight how a brand new player can purchase hot and get a copy of gw2 core for the same price if its JUST HoT?

While we are at the process of white knighting…. where have your donations been for all the living story updates? or you are just a filthy entitled player like the rest of us.

As for the instant leveling thats exactly the point! you are making the argument that we should be bending over backwards shoveling money at anet for kitten that we don’t need nor care for. Yes a new player isn’t going to be instant level 80 becuase just that -THEY ARE BRAND kittenING NEW TO THE GAME!! how thrilled would your next game purchase be if the 1st step you toke instantly completed the game?

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

But what of other people? Not everyone’s a veteran of three years, some bought the game a month ago, under the influence of the original FAQ that said, verbatim, “core game is required to run the expansion.” They bought core game awaiting the expansion, and now they’re told “Well, suckers, you should have waited, now you can buy it AGAIN.” These players didn’t “experience the content veterans got,” they didn’t get “three years of free gaming.” They pay up again and for nothing. And it doesn’t matter if they paid 10 €uro, 20 €uro, or 2 cents. It’s wrong no matter the number, because it’s wrong on principle.

Straylight.7529

so tell me oh white knight how a brand new player can purchase hot and get a copy of gw2 core for the same price if its JUST HoT?

It has been said many times: if you’re a new player you pay 50$ and you get HoT plus the core game. A pretty good deal.

But what of other people? Not everyone’s a veteran of three years, some bought the game a month ago, under the influence of the original FAQ that said, verbatim, “core game is required to run the expansion.” They bought core game awaiting the expansion, and now they’re told “Well, suckers, you should have waited, now you can buy it AGAIN.” These players didn’t “experience the content veterans got,” they didn’t get “three years of free gaming.” They pay up again and for nothing. And it doesn’t matter if they paid 10 €uro, 20 €uro, or 2 cents. It’s wrong no matter the number, because it’s wrong on principle.

That is actually a valid complaint.

Jongi.7612

While we are at the process of white knighting…. where have your donations been for all the living story updates? or you are just a filthy entitled player like the rest of us.

As for the instant leveling thats exactly the point! you are making the argument that we should be bending over backwards shoveling money at anet for kitten that we don’t need nor care for. Yes a new player isn’t going to be instant level 80 becuase just that -THEY ARE BRAND kittenING NEW TO THE GAME!! how thrilled would your next game purchase be if the 1st step you toke instantly completed the game?

A gift? Its exactly what it is. And I have bought gems, ive supported their game. And when you buy HoT now it doesnt mean you cant play it until release. You can go on and get the tomes, crafting mats, exp writs and whatever else. I didnt get this stuff instantly, I had to play the game to get it. If you havent gotten it thats your fault.

Jongi.7612

Read my other posts, or even my original post and you will get your answer. Im tired of repeating myself and others say how much I repeat myself.

Solori.6025

Here is my rebuttal

Again, strawman argument. I’ve never claimed those things you’re now demanding me to “proof”. Read my post again (the previous one), try to understand. You’re not paying for the core game again or some bundle. You’re paying for HoT and only HoT. If you are a new player you get the core game thrown in for free.

No it isn’t a straw man argument, again you are being willfully ignorant.

You JUST, not even 10 minutes ago said and I quote

Which is by the language on the buy page
100% false.

The standard edition says
http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.heartofthorns?_ga=1.150305589.243290696.1381912305&cid=90:5::::Global:40:::

The definition of include is-
to contain, as a whole does parts or any part or element:-

that means
Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion(includes ((see the definition))Guild Wars 2 core game)
A Bundle-bun·dle
?b?ndl/Submit
noun
a collection of things

So try and put two an two together.

Sorry this isn’t an opinion, based on this buy page, it’s a matter of fact. This deal is in fact a bundle.
50$ gets you two things( or is supposed to)

Lastly, I asked you to prove that what I was saying was incorrect, that you are not supposed to get both the core and base game for 50$ based on the information provided from the main sale page and the FAQ.

Jongi.7612

Here is my rebuttal

100% false.

http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.heartofthorns?_ga=1.150305589.243290696.1381912305&cid=90:5::::Global:40:::

that means
Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion(includes ((see the definition))Guild Wars 2 core game)
A Bundle-bun·dle
?b?ndl/Submit
noun
a collection of things

Sorry this isn’t an opinion, based on this buy page, it’s a matter of fact. This deal is in fact a bundle.

Lastly, I asked you to prove that what I was saying was incorrect, that you are not supposed to get both the core and base game for 50$ based on the information provided from the main sale page and the FAQ.

No it doesnt, go read the forum post. The only thing that can be argued at this point is the information isnt where its supposed to be.

Straylight.7529

100% false.

that means
A Bundle-bun·dle
?b?ndl/Submit
noun
a collection of things

I can only repeat myself. If you pay 50$ you get HoT. That is why you pay 50$. If you’re a new player you get the core game thrown in for free. That’s why it says “inlcudes the core game” so any new player who happens to browse that page knows “ohh ok, if I pay HoT I get the core game for free so I don’t have to pay on top of it”.

Why do you have a problem with that?

And no, it’s still not a bundle. You (as a veteran) pay 50$ for HoT, nothing more, nothing less.

To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

(edited by Straylight.7529)

Manasa Devi.7958

No, where are you getting that from? People who paid 3 years ago got their monies worth 3 years ago. HoT is 50 dollars with or without the core game so I havent defeated my own argument. New players are paying 50 dollars for the expansion, and vet players are paying 50 dollars for the expansion.

Please, own up to what you’re saying. You were justifying veterans getting less by pointing out what they already got before. It’s out in the open for all to see. I guess it’s hard to keep track of all the nonsense you’re spouting.

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

Here is my rebuttal

100% false.

that means
A Bundle-bun·dle
?b?ndl/Submit
noun
a collection of things

No it doesnt, go read the forum post. The only thing that can be argued at this point is the information isnt where its supposed to be.

In which twisted universe and under what circumstances is it mandatory to go scour for information on your purchase to some other forum? Legally, all information must be included in the shop, because THAT creates the legal agreement between buyer and seller. Not a forum, not a fanpage and definitely not a caveat emptor asterisk notice buried under 5 pages of shouting forum people.

If that is not the case, it is a mistake and until corrected, it must not and cannot be called valid customer treatment. Sorry if you graduated some sort of weird school of thought, but that is how it is. Intent doesn’t count in this case, what is written is set in stone.

Jongi.7612

Please, own up to what you’re saying. You were justifying veterans getting less by pointing out what they already got before. It’s out in the open for all to see. I guess it’s hard to keep track of all the nonsense you’re spouting.

I have, your getting HoT, nothing more nothing less.

echo.2053

so player A pays $50 gets core +HoT
Player B already owning core pays $50 and only gets HoT

Tell me more how that’s not bait and switch xD- I enjoy

especially when “Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion(includes Guild Wars 2 core game)” is on the buy page

Posted by: MMOGamer.6175

MMOGamer.6175

Oh look another “entitlement” thread.

Glad ArenaNet isn’t a car dealership.
You would have to rebuy your old car packaged with your new car.

Straylight.7529

especially when “Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion(includes Guild Wars 2 core game)” is on the buy page

It’s not bait and switch. It’s an incentive for new players to buy HoT. They could have also offered the core game on a reduced price but apparently they felt generous and gave it for free to the new players.

Jongi.7612

Where exactly is the bait and switch? They arent saying your going to get a new car then selling you a pinto.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Can we just all agree to disagree? Everyone is going around and around.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

I think we need to stop replying to posts like these cause they clearly don’t see where others are coming from and just keep defending Arena and their purchase.

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

I have no issues with someone speaking their opinions, but if they say something like arena net does this or that it implies that its a fact. Say why you dont think something is worth it, but if you say that someone gets more or better treatment than another you can test it and show how their thought processes since they arent looking at the entire picture.

What procedure do you have to do this as based on your reply you are very wrong indeed. Very wrong.

What veterans players have experienced so far was given to them by Anet as part of the package and service they alreeady paid for and may have invested more through the gem shop so that has no import whatsoever to the expansion. We are not entitled to any more either though.

So putting that to sleep. The expansion has been marketed in such a way as that it can now only be bought with the original game. Now as the purpose of an expansion is to expand on what you already have the original game with it is of no use to any current players. It is therefore a fact that the current price though supposedly with a free base game favours bringing in new custom who get more value due to the bundle with the original game which they need.

Current customers therefore are not getting the same level of treatment as new comers. To get a similar level of treatment they should at least get something of similar value free in addition. It is now only an assumption by me but the reason there is no incentive for current customers is Anet are depending the incentive is already there since if current players don’t pay for HoT they cant evolve the characters they have invested in for many years. This is again very ignorant even if they have the right to act this way.

The only reason people may feel its okay to play on peoples invested time and interest is in my opinion they are the same kind of people who put business above human decency.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

Jongi.7612

I think we need to stop replying to posts like these cause they clearly don’t see where others are coming from and just keep defending Arena and their purchase.

I see where people are coming from. And its wrong. Its not even an opinion at this point, they are saying “this certain thing is happening” when it really isnt.

echo.2053

It’s not bait and switch. It’s an incentive for new players to buy HoT. They could have also offered the core game on a reduced price but apparently they felt generous and gave it for free if you’re a new player.

or they could have had a reduced HoT deal for existing players with the current price package for new players ( this is where the rage is stemming)

Its not bait and switch? so you have access to play on the second core game purchased through this promotion?

Manasa Devi.7958

You guys need to look at the entire picture, time investment you got out of the core game, what you were able to experience when other people who are new cannot and what is actually ha7ppening.

I have, your getting HoT, nothing more nothing less.

So what did you mean when you were writing what’s in the topmost quote in this post?

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

Posted by: Arkblue.6129

Arkblue.6129

I see where people are coming from. And its wrong. Its not even an opinion at this point, they are saying “this certain thing is happening” when it really isnt.

except it is :^) Since they removed the core game from the shop and all.
You can deny it, but facts are facts regardless of your approvation.

Or , you know, you can try to convince all the other medias that they are also wrong. Go on, there is a thread in the first page with the list of sites discussing the situation.

Jongi.7612

What procedure do you have to do this as based on your reply you are very wrong indeed. Very wrong.

What veterans players have experienced so far was given to them by Anet as part of the package and service they alreeady paid for and may have invested more through the gem shop so that has no import whatsoever to the expansion. We are not entitled to any more either though.

So putting that to sleep. The expansion has been marketed in such a way as that it can now only be bought with the original game. Now as the purpose of an expansion is to expand on what you already have the original game with it is of no use to any current players. It is therefore a fact that the current price though supposedly with a free base game favours bringing in new custom who get more value due to the bundle with the original game which they need.

Current customers therefore are not getting the same level of treatment as new comers. To get a similar level of treatment they should at least get something of similar value free in addition. It is now only an assumption by me but the reason there is no incentive for current customers is Anet are depending the incentive is already there since if current players don’t pay for HoT they cant evolve the characters they have invested in for many years. This is again very ignorant even if they have the right to act this way.

The only reason people may feel its okay to play on peoples invested time and interest is in my opinion they are the same kind of people who put business above human decency.

Wrong, its that the original game can only be bought with the expansion. And the time investment is also relevant and ive explained why. But new players with the free core game arent getting the same access that veteran players got, so the content isnt equal. Its also just a means to get more people to play. Its called marketing and business, when you want people to come to your restaurant you give out free samples, in this case if you buy the expansion you get the core game for free because it holds important files that if you didnt have the expansion just wouldnt run.

Straylight.7529

It’s not bait and switch. It’s an incentive for new players to buy HoT. They could have also offered the core game on a reduced price but apparently they felt generous and gave it for free if you’re a new player.

or they could have had a reduced HoT deal for existing players with the current price package for new players ( this is where the rage is stemming)

Its not bait and switch? so you have access to play on the second core game purchased through this promotion?

Again, stop thinking about what other people get. It’s none of your business if Bob gets a better deal because he’s a new player. All you have to ask yourself is “is HoT worth 50$ for ME”. That is something only you can decide and the answer should not be influenced if some other guy gets a free core game/character slot/mini/unicorn/whatever and you don’t.

You’ll be happier if you adopt this kind of non-envious thinking. Trust me.

You’re not purchasing a second core game. You are purchasing HoT. If you are a new player you get the core game for free.