in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

Fixing forum bug.

Warning - HoT removes Tyria Dailies

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So the question basically comes down to if a HOT cycle REPLACES what is in the GW2 cycle or ADDS to it? Simple solution. Look at the days a HOT zone does not come up to see if they are in sync or not. Admittedly I have not looked closely (except on mystic forge days, which is the same on both accounts) but my two accounts (HOT and non-HOT) are on the same screen at the same time at reset and when I notice a difference it has always been because it was a HOT zone daily.

Wouldn’t it have to replace unless they added another daily option for those that have HOT? Since they didn’t add another daily option then obviously it’s going to replace a core daily.

There’s a massive difference between replacing a daily on a given day or removing core dailies in general.

Say, you have a bag with a lot of white marbles inside. Every day you pick a marble from the bag, look at it, and throw it back inside. Now, someone went and thrown a lot of black marbles inside that bag. On some days from now on, when you pick a marble, you will end with a black one instead of white. Does that mean, that the black marbles replaced the white ones?

For some reason some people in this thread seem to claim that it does.

Depends how you define replace. If both have 4 PvE options and on a particular day non HoT owners have 4 core dailies and HoT owners have 3 core and one HoT then you can argue it replaces the core daily as it takes the place of a core daily they would have otherwise gotten.

But that still doesn’t REMOVE the daily which the OP claims. It most, on that single day you can’t access it.

If I come to your house and remove a chair, you can no longer sit on that chair, because it’s no longer there.

If I come to your house and put something on the chair for a day, it doesn’t mean the chair has been removed, and saying so is factually wrong.

There’s nothing at all to discuss here.

If its’ removed, you never have access to it. That’s not the case here.

Interesting how you’ve changed my words from replace to remove. I never said removed so you’re arguing about something I didn’t ever say. If you’re going to discuss what I said then at least stick to what was said and not change it to different words. At any rate, if you had actually read it I was originally talking to someone else about to what they said about replace, not the OP. Go back up the thread to where I was discussing replace versus add with Menadena.7482. You and astralporing had to get in on that conversation and make it about the OPs words.

But the OP did say removed, which is why there’s an argument. Look at the title of the thread. The thread is about HoT removes Tyria Dailies. Bold print, right at the top.

I said earlier in the thread that if it weren’t worded that way, if he’d say some dailies are replaced, this thread would have had a completely different reaction.

When people spread misinformation about the game in the strongest terms possible, there’s going to be a backlash.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

When people spread misinformation about the game in the strongest terms possible, there’s going to be a backlash.

It was bait. Obviously they would have known that the dailies weren’t 100% HoT, but that exaggeration is also the only thing that kept this topic alive. It’s pointless however, because the type of person that would have liked to know this probably isn’t reading the forums. It might seem trivial, but ArenaNet did lose sales because of this.

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

So the question basically comes down to if a HOT cycle REPLACES what is in the GW2 cycle or ADDS to it? Simple solution. Look at the days a HOT zone does not come up to see if they are in sync or not. Admittedly I have not looked closely (except on mystic forge days, which is the same on both accounts) but my two accounts (HOT and non-HOT) are on the same screen at the same time at reset and when I notice a difference it has always been because it was a HOT zone daily.

Wouldn’t it have to replace unless they added another daily option for those that have HOT? Since they didn’t add another daily option then obviously it’s going to replace a core daily.

There’s a massive difference between replacing a daily on a given day or removing core dailies in general.

Say, you have a bag with a lot of white marbles inside. Every day you pick a marble from the bag, look at it, and throw it back inside. Now, someone went and thrown a lot of black marbles inside that bag. On some days from now on, when you pick a marble, you will end with a black one instead of white. Does that mean, that the black marbles replaced the white ones?

For some reason some people in this thread seem to claim that it does.

Depends how you define replace. If both have 4 PvE options and on a particular day non HoT owners have 4 core dailies and HoT owners have 3 core and one HoT then you can argue it replaces the core daily as it takes the place of a core daily they would have otherwise gotten.

But that still doesn’t REMOVE the daily which the OP claims. It most, on that single day you can’t access it.

If I come to your house and remove a chair, you can no longer sit on that chair, because it’s no longer there.

If I come to your house and put something on the chair for a day, it doesn’t mean the chair has been removed, and saying so is factually wrong.

There’s nothing at all to discuss here.

If its’ removed, you never have access to it. That’s not the case here.

Interesting how you’ve changed my words from replace to remove. I never said removed so you’re arguing about something I didn’t ever say. If you’re going to discuss what I said then at least stick to what was said and not change it to different words. At any rate, if you had actually read it I was originally talking to someone else about to what they said about replace, not the OP. Go back up the thread to where I was discussing replace versus add with Menadena.7482. You and astralporing had to get in on that conversation and make it about the OPs words.

But the OP did say removed, which is why there’s an argument. Look at the title of the thread. The thread is about HoT removes Tyria Dailies. Bold print, right at the top.

I said earlier in the thread that if it weren’t worded that way, if he’d say some dailies are replaced, this thread would have had a completely different reaction.

Vayne. My post was a narrow point about the Hero Panel to the person I originally responded to. He was saying something about replace versus add. I said it was replace not add because on the day that there is a HoT daily it replaces that daily on the hero panel instead of adding to the sum total of PvE dailies on the hero panel. I was not talking about the overall large issue of replace/remove that you guys were talking about. That’s why I referred you back to my original first post. I was saying look at the context of what I first responded to and tried to clarify with astralporing and then you.

(edited by Bruno.3812)

Posted by: Tatwi.3562

Tatwi.3562

It’s pointless however, because the type of person that would have liked to know this probably isn’t reading the forums. It might seem trivial, but ArenaNet did lose sales because of this.

Precisely why I pleaded with customer service to add a disclaimer to the official HoT pre-purchase documentation that says, “hey, just so you know, _ will happen when you buy HoT”, because it is super aggravating to be blind sided by stuff like this.

… *on the day that there is a HoT daily it replaces that daily on the hero panel instead of adding to the sum total of PvE dailies on the hero panel.

This is what I should have said in the original post, because it perfectly describes the problem that annoyed me; For some daily types, every time a HoT daily pops up, it replaces a Tyria daily, which sucks, because I’d rather have 0 HoT dailies and all Tyria dailies. I guess I didn’t make that super clear, but it is what I meant and it is indeed 100% correct.

Ps. I grudgingly had ArenaNet support add HoT back to my account today, because I’m interested in taking part in the new LW episode – crummy to be forced to make such a choice between things I enjoy in the game. For me, preventing me from doing the dailies that I like doing is no different than preventing someone who likes raiding from doing a raid that they like doing. I didn’t buy HoT to replace content I like with content I don’t like, yet that’s what happened.

Posted by: costepj.5120

costepj.5120

For me, preventing me from doing the dailies that I like doing

That’s the bit I don’t understand. Nothing is preventing you from doing that content regardless of whether it’s a daily or not. If you enjoy it, just keep on doing it.

So long and thanks for all the skritt

Vayne.8563

For me, preventing me from doing the dailies that I like doing

That’s the bit I don’t understand. Nothing is preventing you from doing that content regardless of whether it’s a daily or not. If you enjoy it, just keep on doing it.

Yep this. The daily reward is easy to get, no matter what the OP has stated, and the content the OP wants to do is still in the game and can be done.

Vayne.8563

It was bait. Obviously they would have known that the dailies weren’t 100% HoT, but that exaggeration is also the only thing that kept this topic alive. It’s pointless however, because the type of person that would have liked to know this probably isn’t reading the forums. It might seem trivial, but ArenaNet did lose sales because of this.

You really think Anet lost sales because of this? Anyone who doesn’t buy the expansion because of this wouldn’t like the expansion anyway. How many sales do you think we’re talking about.

I really do believe this is a non-issue.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I really don’t get what’s so bad that you have to go to HoT to do the dailies, it’s no big deal and you still can do all the content you did for dailies in Central Tyria.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

You really think Anet lost sales because of this? Anyone who doesn’t buy the expansion because of this wouldn’t like the expansion anyway. How many sales do you think we’re talking about.

You’re right, they wouldn’t like the expansion, but only because it’s too difficult. That’s the bigger problem, but I guarantee you, ArenaNet lost sales because of this as I mentioned earlier. In short, they just want gliding, treat dailies as traditional quests and yes, they’re playing the wrong MMO as they’d rather play WoW, but can’t justify the sub.

How many? Probably not enough to care, but it would have also been trivial to avoid as the dailies could have simply been an extension. HoT accounts could have simply had 1 extra daily for example, related to HoT.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I really don’t get what’s so bad that you have to go to HoT to do the dailies, it’s no big deal and you still can do all the content you did for dailies in Central Tyria.

apparantly HoT dailies are so horrible they rather not have it, than raids, story and elite classes

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s pointless however, because the type of person that would have liked to know this probably isn’t reading the forums. It might seem trivial, but ArenaNet did lose sales because of this.

Precisely why I pleaded with customer service to add a disclaimer to the official HoT pre-purchase documentation that says, “hey, just so you know, _ will happen when you buy HoT”, because it is super aggravating to be blind sided by stuff like this.

… *on the day that there is a HoT daily it replaces that daily on the hero panel instead of adding to the sum total of PvE dailies on the hero panel.

This is what I should have said in the original post, because it perfectly describes the problem that annoyed me; For some daily types, every time a HoT daily pops up, it replaces a Tyria daily, which sucks, because I’d rather have 0 HoT dailies and all Tyria dailies. I guess I didn’t make that super clear, but it is what I meant and it is indeed 100% correct.

Ps. I grudgingly had ArenaNet support add HoT back to my account today, because I’m interested in taking part in the new LW episode – crummy to be forced to make such a choice between things I enjoy in the game. For me, preventing me from doing the dailies that I like doing is no different than preventing someone who likes raiding from doing a raid that they like doing. I didn’t buy HoT to replace content I like with content I don’t like, yet that’s what happened.

Since you admit you should have stated ‘replaced’ instead of ‘removed’, you might consider editing your OP and changing the title of the thread.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Seeing as the OP said that “When you upgrade to HoT you’re straight up forced to never be able to do any of the original Tyria dailes ever again”, i doubt it was just a problem with not being clear enough.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Seeing as the OP said that “When you upgrade to HoT you’re straight up forced to never be able to do any of the original Tyria dailes ever again”, i doubt it was just a problem with not being clear enough.

This.

The OP is very clear in his wording. It was not a matter of accidentally being unclear, it was an obvious attempt to mislead by stating a complete falsehood as fact.

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

I have three accounts and they are all different as far as dailies are concerned.

Acct #1 HoT and several level 80s.
Acct #2 No Hot, several level 80s.
Acct #3 No HoT, no level 80s.

It is true to say that there are no dailies Acct #1 cannot get but in practice it rarely gets a “World Boss” daily. When that comes up on the other two accounts, #1 almost always gets a HoT “Adventure” instead. That, in my opinion, is a good enough reason not to add HoT to either of those accounts and is indeed the reason why the second HoT account, which I bought in the first half price sale a year or so ago, remains unused.

I would say that for someone who “really only logs in and does those Tyria dailes (I don’t play every day or even every month” as the OP says he does it would be completely pointless to buy HoT. Firstly you will never use it and secondly it will remove from you some of the preferred options you previously had. It is indeed the prime reason I haven’t used my second HoT code yet.

I’d also say that from my perspective the most fun dailies are the ones you get when you don’t have either HoT or a level 80. I enjoy doing the dailies on Acct #3 more than on either of the others. I agree that it’s not a significant enough drawback to require a warning on the “box” when you buy HoT but it is annoying all the same.

Why we can’t go back to having a free choice of any 3 of all the dailies beats me. The very first iteration of dailies was far superior to any of the subsequent versions.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So let’s say that Anet releases an update that adds several new dailies to the possible options such as a daily dodger and a daily interruptor. Would you complain that that update removed your existing options that you could have on a specific days because you haven to like one or both of them?

Should Anet not more possible daily options to give more variety simply because a few people may dislike them and feel that their options are being removed on days that those dailies are available?

Let’s go on another subject, but related, and look at guild missions. Let’s say that Anet adds a new category as well as adding some new ones for the existing categories. It turns out that you dislike some of these. Are you going to complain that Anet is removing your options for guild missions for the week simply because one or more of the news ones that you happen to dislike was up?

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: VentiGlondi.9830

VentiGlondi.9830

Look at it this way:
Whenever a HOT daily pops up, a non-HOT player can’t complete it. So the game replaced the HOT daily with a core daily for said player so that the amount of dailies is the same for both HOT and non-HOT accounts.

It’s the HOT daily that’s being replaced, not the other way around.