We're missing the most obvious legend.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

So far I think Glint and Shiro Tagachi will be the main choices… but there’s 3 left. Two core and one elite… so… who knows?

We don’t actually know how many are left (I don’t know where you got the ‘3’ from) but it seems like there are 2 left (one core and one elite). It was datamined that Shiro, Glint and Ventari will be legends. In addition, there are only 2 specializations left (one core specialization and one elite specialization), each probably with their own legend attached to it. Most people are speculating that Glint will be the elite’s legend.

Simple math.

Most professions have utility 5 skill lines (except Engineer, but that should be fixed), and get a new skill line with an elite specialization, so that’s one per specialization.

Revenants get their utility lines from legends, when they swap legend, they swap utilities. Meaning an elite specialization would have to give another legend.

That makes one legend per specialization. So far there’s one elite specialization per profession, so that means 5 core + 1 elite.

Previews hint Glint and Shiro themed skills. And we know 3 legends.

That makes 3 legends we know, 2 we suspect, and 1 left.

Engineer’s might have only four skill types (well, technically we have five, but there is basically no difference between Weapon Kits and Device Kits, unless we start digging into minutiae about how the skills within each kit compare to each other) but that means they have five utility skills per type, rather than four. Gives a some more options when making a build focused on a specific skill type.

If Revenants have more skills per legend than shown so far (I know, it’s a dismal chance that gets less likely with each passing day, but still) then given the limited skill pool each legend would have, it would make sense for there to be five utility skills to choose from per legend. That would make four base legends + one elite legend more plausible.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Revenants are missing the most obvious legend of all.

Think about who’s going to be the first: Rytlock Brimstone. The charr warrior. Now, think back to charr heroes of legend, and one REALLY stands out.

Tybalt?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Tybalt should be a legend.
Just saying…

For only 1600 gems, you too could supplement your new Revenant’s repository, see Gem Store for details.

Not sure what you are referring to in the gem store.

BTW, repository? Do revenants use git now?

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

You can have whatever legends you want after we get one for Shiro Tagachi

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

We don’t actually know how many are left (I don’t know where you got the ‘3’ from) but it seems like there are 2 left (one core and one elite). It was datamined that Shiro, Glint and Ventari will be legends. In addition, there are only 2 specializations left (one core specialization and one elite specialization), each probably with their own legend attached to it. Most people are speculating that Glint will be the elite’s legend.

There are five core specializations, because there are five core traitlines. Elite specialization is a number 6. What we don’t know is if all the specializations will be tied to a legend – it is possible that the fifth (the one tied to class mechanic) won’t be.

But to answer OP’s post, the “most obvious legend” that we miss is the GW1 player. The Flameseeker.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

There are five core specializations, because there are five core traitlines. Elite specialization is a number 6. What we don’t know is if all the specializations will be tied to a legend – it is possible that the fifth (the one tied to class mechanic) won’t be.

I am aware of that. I don’t know how my post said anything to contradict that. I personally think it is very likely that Invocation is not tied to any legend but is the ‘general’ specialization focused on energy and legend swapping. Kinda similar in that regard to the Arcana specialization of elementalists.

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Personally i dont understand that comprasion to ele and people assuming based on that rev will end up with 4 base legends.

I mean srsly..how many f skills revenant has? 1 or 4? Are legends itself a utility skills or class mechanic? And most important how many type of utilities ele has? 4 or 5?

As far i know revenant class mechanic is an ability to swap between utility skills. Ele has 5 types of utility despite having olny 4 traitlines dedicated for each attunement – funny inst it? So what makes people believe that Glint is an elite spec? I assume people doesnt understand this class nor the game itself just by that comprasions to ele.

Lets not even mention the fact that none of elite specs was datamined yet. They are fully aware that elite spec will be datamined within 10mins post patch and it would break their hype train. Why they would put revenant elite spec into .dat files at that point? And so if they did where is their elite wep spec? Sword/sword is Shiro obviously and that leaves Glint with shield – chromomancer got a shield already so that alone discredit the whole idea about Glint being elite legend or the whole rev elite spec as a whole <whatever it is its simply unknow to us.

obey me

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I kinda miss Dhuum?? One of the most popular areas in gw1 involved him

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Honestly i dont see anything epic in Tybalt. Useless …… censure. Glad hes gone as he was a shame for charr race.

Hear hear, enough with the idiotic petting of this useless and unprofessional Whispers agent…
If we’re getting a Charr legend, it better be Bonfaaz Burntfur or if they want to celebrate a Charr legend who brought about the Titan’s/Shamans demise, let it be Pyre Fierceshot!

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

Engineer’s might have only four skill types (well, technically we have five, but there is basically no difference between Weapon Kits and Device Kits, unless we start digging into minutiae about how the skills within each kit compare to each other) but that means they have five utility skills per type, rather than four. Gives a some more options when making a build focused on a specific skill type.
[…]

Actually, they should fix that. Make them streamlined with all other professions.

For example, by picking 1 skill per type (device and weapon kits made one type), and reworking them into a 5th type. Like, for example, traps.

I have been thinking that for some time now.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!