We took a week off of elite specs for what?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

We have known since the week of the Chronomancer reveal that there would only be three specialization weeks in the first set. This is not something that we learned last Friday.

Just because YOU don’t care about WvW doesn’t mean that no one else does. The same line could be added to basically every single week:
“Meh, only boring [insert subject here]”.

The changes are big in terms of WvW, and WvW is one of the three main game modes.

I don’t think the WvW changes are unimportant or not interesting or anything like that BUT

the specilizations are THE BIG THING of HoT due to additional abilities for each class and people are waiting for information about it for months now (when was it announced? feburary? march? don’t even know it anymore).

At least give us the information about the weapons the classes will be able to use in HoT. I don’t even care about the abilities I just need to know what kind of weapon…

Well I see why Arenant was throwing some WvW news into it. They are accused of not caring about WvW for years now after all. It still annoys me to no end that after 3-4 months of waiting I still have no idea what my main characters get as new weapons though.

It just feels like they actually just started working on the whole expansion even though at the reveal they were all like “Oh we were secretly working on it since release. Just didn’t want to give people high hopes etc”. Yeah… kitten YOU. You did already. If the game is not kittening ready then don’t announce anything. I swear at this point I’m not even sure anymore if we get HoT before Christmas if not even later.

(edited by Nanashi.6297)

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

People stop acting like kids?

Okay, now I have a problem. And its not just you, but I wanted to quote this to highlight my point.

I really wish gamers would start acting like consumers and voting and speaking with their wallet instead of acting like junkies looking to score their next fix and taking what they’re given because we should “just be grateful we get it at all”. While in this case Anet doesn’t have to release any information, fans of GW2 don’t have to find that to be a good way of doing business. Anet doesn’t need to show us anything about HoT, and fans don’t need to give them praise or say they’re doing a good job.

While the issue with WvW stuff and LA being released this week instead of specs isn’t that big of a deal, I can understand if people are frustrated because this has been a running theme from Anet since the official reveal of HoT months ago. If you decide to tell fans you will be releasing information and will tell them about stuff as the weeks pass by, they’re going to expect some of it and so far the information hasn’t quite matched up to what many people expected. That doesn’t make them kids for thinking that.

Companies need criticism otherwise they will never really know what people want at all. I’m growing tired of so many people feeling they need to defend a company at all costs from any criticism they read as if their fragile egos will break and they’ll stop production. Everyone at Anet is getting paid. Getting paid to work on a video game at that. Our money is the only praise they really need. Add on to us being fans and telling them they do a good job at times is a bonus. But they also need to know when they are alienating a part of a fan base, or going back on their word about something, or making a mistake etc.

This mindset that we should all just be grateful for whatever we get is why gamers are rarely going to be given the best product someone could give us because they aren’t held to that standard anymore. If you buy a car and it dies on you under 100,000 miles, many people will hold that company accountable by either complaining, not buying the same one again or avoiding the company altogether. If a game isn’t quite what you expected, you shouldn’t necessarily feel the need to just shrug it off and throw more money at them to fix the problem.

Your argument falls down when you use it to defend hyperbole and non-factual claims. If you have legitimate constructive criticism, by all means, make a post with useful feedback.

The OP decided to complain because he didn’t think the announcement was cool enough.

That’s hardly constructive criticism.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I’m just tired of ANet’s imaginary hype. If there is nothing “big” for the following week, then be up front with us. But Rubi said there was something really special. Stop trying to hype something that isn’t there. We are all tired of it, stop treating us like kids.

But it is big.
The rebuilt Lion’s Arch is special stuff.

And the WvW changes are big, no matter how much you hate it.

Why should they stop treating people like kinds when people clearly behave like kids?

yep they are turning wvw into a pve map for pve farmer trains. yep big change there. im glad they announced this early so most of the wvw community can cancel their preorders.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

yep they are turning wvw into a pve map for pve farmer trains. yep big change there. im glad they announced this early so most of the wvw community can cancel their preorders.

How are they turning WvW into a PvE map when they basically remove the ability to PvE in order to stop towers/keeps/castle from upgrading?
That means they REMOVE a PvE-part of the game mode rather than adding more.

I also question how one can cancel a preorder when it is not possible to preorder yet. At least not for real.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

selan.8354

How are they turning WvW into a PvE map when they basically remove the ability to PvE in order to stop towers/keeps/castle from upgrading?
That means they REMOVE a PvE-part of the game mode rather than adding more.

I also question how one can cancel a preorder when it is not possible to preorder yet. At least not for real.

erm by implementing jumping puzzles and introducing pve bosses and ai controlled shrines and ai controlled maps and more jumping puzzles…….

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

lordkrall.7241

So all in all, what you want is a completely flat map with a grand total of nothing there except for flatness?

AI mobs have been a part of WvW since before release. That is nothing new. Jumping puzzles isn’t really PvE either but rather something that makes the map more interesting to maneuver.

The “ai controlled shrines” simply puts more strategy into the maps, which means that you actually have to plan and thing before just rushing blindly into the enemy keep/tower/whatever.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

selan.8354

So all in all, what you want is a completely flat map with a grand total of nothing there except for flatness?

AI mobs have been a part of WvW since before release. That is nothing new. Jumping puzzles isn’t really PvE either but rather something that makes the map more interesting to maneuver.

The “ai controlled shrines” simply puts more strategy into the maps, which means that you actually have to plan and thing before just rushing blindly into the enemy keep/tower/whatever.

im not talking about the usual deers and coytes. ai controled shriens do not put more strategy into wvw id does less. im not talking about a complete flat map. there is a huuuuge difference between the current borderlands that arent flat and the jumping puzzle map they are showing us. we are giving ai full control over everything its not about fighting anymore its about capping ai npc points so the ai can do all the work for us.

i like pvp not pve and jumping puzzles are a part of pve. its not interesting to me to have to jump and climb and all that in order to get to 1 single fight. i play wvw as a zerg buster and thats what i like. and yes there are fail pushes but this map will make it impossible to keep up with your guild as u have to walk for 1ages to get back. its exactly like eotm. if this was ike eotm an optional map i wouldnt complain or mind that. but its forced upon us. ill queue up for eb for 5 hours just to avaiod this horrible pve map! an im sure many wvw players will do the same.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

lordkrall.7241

How does the shrines put less strategy in WvW? It is yet another thing that you need to take into consideration before you attack the enemy. As of right now you can basically attack anything in a map without having to worry about anything other than where the enemy zerg is. With the new maps you also have to take shrines and such into account before attacking.

AI have controlled the vast majority of WvW since release, not much is changed in regards to that (except for the upgrade system that is, but that also add an extra layer of strategy now that you can’t completely stop it by just killing dollies, but you actually have to capture the place).

AI won’t run in and take over stuff though, they will defend stuff more or less exactly as they do now (oh, except for the AI that actually attacks stuff nowadays, which as far as we know, won’t be there in the new maps).

And you also bring up another thing that very much increase the strategic point of the map: The fact that it will take some time to rejoin a zerg. That means you have to actually think before just mindlessly engage enemies and also decide if it is worth the chance to rez someone or if they would be better of just running back.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

You say boring WvW .. but for those who WvW mostly.. this is big news for them.. just cos one bit of news doesn’t mean anything to you doesn’t mean it doesn’t for others

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

selan.8354

How does the shrines put less strategy in WvW? It is yet another thing that you need to take into consideration before you attack the enemy. As of right now you can basically attack anything in a map without having to worry about anything other than where the enemy zerg is. With the new maps you also have to take shrines and such into account before attacking.

AI have controlled the vast majority of WvW since release, not much is changed in regards to that (except for the upgrade system that is, but that also add an extra layer of strategy now that you can’t completely stop it by just killing dollies, but you actually have to capture the place).

AI won’t run in and take over stuff though, they will defend stuff more or less exactly as they do now (oh, except for the AI that actually attacks stuff nowadays, which as far as we know, won’t be there in the new maps).

And you also bring up another thing that very much increase the strategic point of the map: The fact that it will take some time to rejoin a zerg. That means you have to actually think before just mindlessly engage enemies and also decide if it is worth the chance to rez someone or if they would be better of just running back.

what are u talking about. the keep lords? the keeplords melt in like 10 seconds its all about players fighting players defending and siegeing. the ai dies right away and the only way to defend your keep is to push the enemy back. we dont need ai defending our keeps better. that is what wvw is all about. wvw is a war u use scouts etc to spot an enemy zerg. u inform your people and start defending. i dont need a kitten pve mob boss to defend my keep. i dont need pve traps and jumping puzzles. thats what many many many core wvw players hate abput eotm.

the ai is dominating wvw in eotm. the shriens are pointless cause the karmatrain will just take it anyways. eotm is so weird its a pve circus instead of wvw battle field.

and now they even add skyhammer elements into the new map skyhammer is the biggest troll spvp map there is. people hated it and now ther is a stupid keep with those elements. in eotm the cannons are even ai operated. where is the fun in this? yes the keep lords could be a little stronger but thats really it. we dont need all that weird stuff they are adding! its horrible and destroys the whole feeling of wvw.

i avoid and hate jumping puzzles so now im forced to do a jumping puzzles so i can get to my guild..ugh.and to be honest id rather have a flat simple map so cc spam and stability issues arent so dominant.

in wvw simple is better as the players control the maps not ai!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

I could care less about WVW

couldn’t*

Honestly cant tell what the point of that was.

Saying ‘could’ care less means that you care, but have the capacity to care less, ’couldn’t’ care less means you’ve bottomed out with interests and have no lower to go.

“I could care less” is actually correct grammar. It’s the American way of using the phrase “I couldn’t care less”. It’s no less wrong than writing color over colour or honor over honour.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

couldn’t*

Saying ‘could’ care less means that you care, but have the capacity to care less, ’couldn’t’ care less means you’ve bottomed out with interests and have no lower to go.

“I could care less” is actually correct grammar. It’s the American way of using the phrase “I couldn’t care less”. It’s no less wrong than writing color over colour or honor over honour.

Yup exactly, i use it exactly how others use “I couldnt care less” although in this case, both meanings work for what i was saying.

Still stand by what i said earlier in the thread, not everyone can like everything that ANET does.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

couldn’t*

….It’s not correct…by its implied meaning.
Just because Americans use the word “swag” or “y’all” doesn’t make it a word right?
It’s normal for an American, yes, but not correct grammar.

Lets talk about IPA next

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

couldn’t*

Thats where you’re wrong, its a logical thing not a spelling thing or grammar thing.

“I could care less” = I care at least a bit (because you could care less)

“I couldn’t care less” = I don’t care at all <— this is what you mean

It would be helpful if you could tell the rest of America to get on board – thanks ^^

Dante.1763

Thats where you’re wrong, its a logical thing not a spelling thing or grammar thing.

It would be helpful if you could tell the rest of America to get on board – thanks ^^

Just as soon as you tell the rest of America that Cola = Soda, and Pop = Soda. i confused the people in my current town all the time when i say i want a Pop. They have no clue what i mean!

Although http://blog.dictionary.com/could-care-less/ Has an interesting little read on “I Could Care less VS I couldnt care less” Dont really care how accurate it is, but it was interesting i though! Now! lets get this topic back on Topic! xD

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If people would stop acting like kids, maybe they’d stop being treated that way.

To be honest I think a fair number of GW2 player are in fact kids. I think you meant to say unreasonable or irrational.

No I meant to say what I said, because I was responding to someone who suggested Anet stop treating them like kids. I used their words.

If a lot of the player base are kids, then they should be treated like kids, obviously. lol

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Just as soon as you tell the rest of America that Cola = Soda, and Pop = Soda.

Does that mean Cola = Pop ? :o

What was the topic again? xD

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Well the longer they prolong the reveal of all elite specs then longer it is till release, so I think that more people are interested in elite specs than WvW at the moment.

I’m going to bet that Anet knows when they want to release, so the reveals are going to appropriately timed. Your just making kittenumptions about how many people want to know something.

Dante.1763

Just as soon as you tell the rest of America that Cola = Soda, and Pop = Soda.

Does that mean Cola = Pop ? :o

What was the topic again? xD

It does! gasp How could i miss that!

I do believe the Topic was QQing about the lack of more specialization reveals? Or rather, the fact that(in their opinion) that WVW changes, and the rebuilding of LA werent “Cool” to them and not worth of unveils instead of a specialization. Which, is all just opinions.

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

couldn’t*

The logic behind does not matter. It is grammatically correct to use the phrase “I could care less” to imply that you do in fact not care the least bit about whatever it is you do not care about. I’m also not American.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Do we know if they are going to start revealing more elite specs this week?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Nope. Mum’s the word on this week’s topic. Perhaps we’ll get some sort of teaser image tomorrow; it may be a US holiday but most businesses stay open for it and ANet will be getting ready for the Tuesday beta.