What makes u not buy HOT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

So your reason for not purchasing HoT is something entirely unrelated to HoT?

For a moment there I was expecting constructive feedback.

Only about 10% of the feedback posts from these forums are constructive.

…..^ See what I did there?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Too much time between LS 2 and HoT.

I have not logged in for 3-4 months now, cause there was nothing to do. I explored new LA, did Karka hunt, and that was it.

Now with HoT coming out in 1 month, I’m not sure I want to return.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I’m not happy about all the promises that were left undelivered. Some might say that everything that they said 3 years ago doesn’t count. Well if I couldn’t trust them about what they said 3 years ago, how am I to trust them about everything that “will be released shortly after the expansion is out”?

which brings me to another problem – too little content for too much money. I can buy a whole new MMO for this.

then I don’t really like how they handled whole veterans feeling not appreciated on the forums. Developer essentially came in and quoted a regular user that said that we had 3 full years headstart and that the developer will no longer answer to anything connected to it. In my mind that’s the same as answering your audience’s question with a middle finger. Not cool at all. It’s like the fact that they’re a big MMO got to their heads and now they’re too above us to actually deal with these kind of situations.

And lastly we just spent 8 months with no updates at all. Not even the return of SAB. Which kind of killed the interest in playing GW2 for me.

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

I just bought the core game cheap so Im not in any hurry to get the expansion.

Ill buy it when the price drops significantly.

Im also slightly bothered by the fact that a few months ago you could get the full game for $10 (I didnt know about it at the time), but now there is no way to buy the core game at all if you believe the official site or in-game info.
So the only option for most new players who want to remove all the restrictions is to pay $50 for an expansion they may not want or need.

So, you’re that bothered to pay 50$ once for the full core game and the expansion, which will bring tons of new content, on top of the exicting one, which is huge, not to mention LW3, you will get to play for free if you buy now, and all the new events and stuff that will follow?
Anet, stated many times that each new content will be tied to the expansion, and it will be required to have it to play the new content, so good luck playing gw2 the way you play it now without the expansion. Of course you will be able to play the old content as much as you like, but you will miss everything new past October 23th.

Also not to broke your hopes or anything, but dont expect the price to drop anywhere between 6 months or a year. In that time, you would’ve missed the thrill to play the new content when the whole server is playing it, and when you do get to finally play it the experience will be nowhere the same.

I don’t care one bit about being the first to play the new content.. I just started playing GW2. It plays just fine after 3 years of never playing it. Why would I be in any hurry to play the expansion?

I never claimed that I expected it to be cheap within 6 months or a year. As I said, I do not care. I prefer NOT to play it when its new and the whole server is playing it.

How will the game be any less for me than it is now if I don’t get the expansion? You make no sense. Are they taking things away if you don’t have the expansion?

What was so bad about the game for the past 3 years? If its so awful without the expansion, then why are you even still playing it?

First of all, please go back and read my post again. Carefully this time.
I’ve never said you were expecting it to be cheap in 6 months or a year. This was mine response on what to expect based on your comment, and here I quote: “Ill buy it when the price drops significantly.” End of the quote. I merely answered you that you should not expect any significant drops in the price anywhere between 6 months or even a year.
If you prefer to not play it when it is a new content, and the entire server will be playing it simultanously this is your right. I merely pointed out, that IF you expect to get into the expansion 1 year from now, don’t expect the experience will be nearly the same like when the content is freshly new.

Second, I never said they will be taking anything out from the exisiting game. The content you see now in the game will remain the same. You will be missing all the NEW content which will come in HoT and after HoT, because HoT is acting more of an season pass to everything new the game will offer past October 23th, including the new LW3, which you will get for free if you own HoT, otherwise you probably will have to pay for it. Also Anet stated many times all new content will be tied to HoT, which means HoT will be required for you to play it. Again I urge you to read what im saying more carefully. The exisiting content we have now in the core game will remain the same, and you will be able to play it, whenever you wish, but you WON’T be able to play ANY of the new content, which will come with HoT and after it’s release.

Also where and when have I stated there’s anything bad with the current game? Have I ever said anywhere it is awful?! The one who doesn’t make any sense is you, mate. Not me.

Going by the last information available, we’re getting 4 maps with HoT with 3 layers each. I personally played in both beta weekends so far, and we got to play 50% in total of only the first map. IMO it felt huge. Bigger then any map currently in gw2, and we still haven’t seen the rest 50% of it. This I remind you, was only 1 of the 4 new maps, and they will all be in similiar size. You can easily open the world map and see for yourself how huge Maguuma Wastes is on the map compared to other regions.

Timberline Falls, Lornar’s Pass, Blazeridge Steppes and half a dozen other maps all call kitten on your statement.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I will illustrate a proof of my statement. Next time check your facts, before going into the forum and screwing.
Also perhaps you forget the part of my statement that the new maps with be with 3 layers each, every layer the same size as the previous 2.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to show with this picture? Yes, the Maguuma Wastes are huge but that’s not where HoT will take place. The remaining three maps will be south of Verdant Brink not north.

I haven’t seen any information that states, the other 3 maps will be south of Verdant Brink and not in the Maguuma Wastes. If there’s actually such an information and I have missed it, I apologies. I will go and look around more for this information, right now. If this is actually the case, dismiss my previous post about the Maguuma Wastes.

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

No news on how many maps are in HoT is a big reason for me to wait. will they have “half” the game at release and have the rest of it become available through updates? who knows.

i may buy HoT at a later date. but im for sure not preordering it based on what we have seen so far and not buying it at release before i see whats actually in it.

Going by the last information available, we’re getting 4 maps with HoT with 3 layers each. I personally played in both beta weekends so far, and we got to play 50% in total of only the first map. IMO it felt huge. Bigger then any map currently in gw2, and we still haven’t seen the rest 50% of it. This I remind you, was only 1 of the 4 new maps, and they will all be in similiar size. You can easily open the world map and see for yourself how huge Maguuma Wastes is on the map compared to other regions.

Also you left out the raids. We don’t have an information on how big they will be in terms of size, yet, but going on the assumption this will be the most challenging group content in the game, they will certainly should be bigger then dungeons. Also lets not forget fractals get an additional 50 levels, and maybe even new fractal maps, who knows? We simply don’t know yet. Honestly for me, atleast, the information we have until now is enough to build my decision that the expansion will be worth it for me.

Maybe if you have participated in the beta weekends for yourself you might have a different view, but sadly (and that’s one of the worst decisions Anet made, imo), they were open only for people who already bought the expansion.

Actually, to help support your claim, we got to play 25% each of the jungle canopy and jungle floor so if you count all three layers as a single map (like Anet is) we got to see less than 25% of the first map so far.

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

No Druid announcement yet and Ranger is still a beautiful disaster. I love the class, it’s my main class, but too much wrong with it. Druid announce and balance plans dictate whether I buy the expansion or just go to another game.

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Lack of playable content at launch.
Lack of info on what that content is.
Lack okittennowledgement of veterans (shouldnt have to pre-purchase, and 1 slot isnt enough)

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lack of playable content at launch.
Lack of info on what that content is.

This made me laugh. Oxymoron much? How would you know there is a lack of playable content if there’s a lack of info on it?

In all honesty, when you buy a book do you expect the summary introduction of what the book is about at the beginning to be enough or would you rather read the cliffnotes before you buy the book and read it?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

The complaints in this thread are funny as hell xD

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

Not worth the price. Seems like a content patch of other MMOs, but they are charging $50. Maybe $20 dlc at best.

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

The price and the current ranger status.

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Already got it but my biggest gripe is 4 maps

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

I’m not happy about all the promises that were left undelivered. Some might say that everything that they said 3 years ago doesn’t count. Well if I couldn’t trust them about what they said 3 years ago, how am I to trust them about everything that “will be released shortly after the expansion is out”?

which brings me to another problem – too little content for too much money. I can buy a whole new MMO for this.

then I don’t really like how they handled whole veterans feeling not appreciated on the forums. Developer essentially came in and quoted a regular user that said that we had 3 full years headstart and that the developer will no longer answer to anything connected to it. In my mind that’s the same as answering your audience’s question with a middle finger. Not cool at all. It’s like the fact that they’re a big MMO got to their heads and now they’re too above us to actually deal with these kind of situations.

And lastly we just spent 8 months with no updates at all. Not even the return of SAB. Which kind of killed the interest in playing GW2 for me.

qft

Topic
I don’t know if I buy it. Too little information. I can’t play the beta/preview and will not pay for a preview.

I watched some vids and think the scenery is boring. The map * layer calculation is not plausible for me. A map is a map. Would the day/night cycle double the map count? Did the layers really cover the full area multiple times?

I will wait. But today I wouldn’t buy the expansion.

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Im waiting for reviews of this one and also to hear what people are doing in game after it’s been out for a month or so. I will be very curious as to the replay value of HoT. Only waiting for a month or so will let me know if it’s worth it’s almost full game price tag. If it turns out it’s fairly short on content, I will wait to get it until the next expansion because HoT will be thrown in for free and it will also have all of it’s Living Story content finished and I can play the whole thing then. That’s really how an x-pac should be released: As a finished product.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Nothing. I already bought it. Seriously, they gave us a game that can be played for thousands of hours of a measly $60.00. I mean seriously, why not consider the price of HoT as a donation for them being so nice?

You know, the servers they provide for us are not free… And they need to pay their employees… Don’t be cheap. Thank them for not requiring monthly fees like the other kitten companies do.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Timberline Falls, Lornar’s Pass, Blazeridge Steppes and half a dozen other maps all call kitten on your statement.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I will illustrate a proof of my statement. Next time check your facts, before going into the forum and screwing.
Also perhaps you forget the part of my statement that the new maps with be with 3 layers each, every layer the same size as the previous 2.

Just because that whole area may be the expansion area doesn’t mean that the maps are going to entirely fill that area. Look at other regions, not a single one of them are full. So, Timberline Falls, Lornar’s Pass, Blazeridge Steppes and half a dozen other maps still call kitten on your statement.

On the three layers part. We can see half of the first expansion area. There isn’t 3 actual layers. There are 3 thematically different looking layers, but not 3 layers the size of each map to make for 12 maps.

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

This made me laugh. Oxymoron much? How would you know there is a lack of playable content if there’s a lack of info on it?

In all honesty, when you buy a book do you expect the summary introduction of what the book is about at the beginning to be enough or would you rather read the cliffnotes before you buy the book and read it?

Does it look like I am buying a book here?

One month left before release and we still dont have much info. We’re paying for an expansion not Living Story episode which they may release next year, which they will charge you for again if you dont log in for them!

When I do buy a book I want all the pages when I buy it, I dont want to be given chapters when the publishers wants to give us them! This isnt a comic.

If we have to pay an expansion’s price I want an expansion, I do not want a feature pack or DLC. I aint gonna pay for a book and get a comic!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

They want to destroy thief and force to play daredevil that (bwe2) was a joke…

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

Rain.7543

Just because that whole area may be the expansion area doesn’t mean that the maps are going to entirely fill that area. Look at other regions, not a single one of them are full. So, Timberline Falls, Lornar’s Pass, Blazeridge Steppes and half a dozen other maps still call kitten on your statement.

On the three layers part. We can see half of the first expansion area. There isn’t 3 actual layers. There are 3 thematically different looking layers, but not 3 layers the size of each map to make for 12 maps.

Oh dear, there it is the screwing again. Do you think it makes you sound cool or something? Because it does exactly the opposite. Fine you don’t think the maps or the region will be big, fine. I hope you will eat your own words, when the expansion hits and you see for yourself the new maps. Im done wasting my breath for the likes of you.
What I had to say, I said it. No point in repeating myself.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

I won’t buy HoT because it’s a desperate gambit to try to save a sinking ship, and it’s obvious it’s a very rushed product as a result.

ArenaNet itself said, when talking about the Living World: “If we do this right, we will probably never do an expansion and everything will be going into this Living World strategy”.

And here we are with an expansion.

Which means, ArenaNet realized they did not do the Living World right. This is obvious – they followed a model with the first season, then went in a completely different direction with the second season, and now, instead of a third season, we’re getting an expansion. Between that and the falling GW2 earnings during the LW seasons 1 and 2, it’s very easy to see that ArenaNet’s original intended model was a failure.

Now, is ArenaNet in trouble? We know NCSoft, which own 100% of ArenaNet, has already began trying to distance themselves from the company (which Mike O’Brien admited when he mentioned that NCSoft won’t publish GW2 anymore, now it’s ArenaNet itself which has to do it). GW2 was also earning less than Lineage and Blade & Soul, and more or less the same as Aion, which isn’t exactly a good sign.

Then we have the HoT content itself. It’s obviously extremely rushed – “we will release only 3 legendaries and more ‘later’”, “we will release only the first wing of the first raid with more to come ‘later’”, “we will add more specializations ‘later’”, and so on and so on – and we have no idea when that “later” will be.

Add to this that ArenaNet’s track record of “later” isn’t exactly nice – all the way back in 2013 ArenaNet said, “On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013”, and look at that, it’s two years later and we are still waiting, only to get three new weapon skins and more to come… “Later”? How much later? Two years, again? More?

This scarcity of content applies to many aspects of the game. Only 4 maps, with a few of those having multiple layers? Only a handful of new armors? Very few new weapon sets? Looks like ArenaNet has made more art for the Gem Store than for HoT.

It’s also very debatable how well tested the expansion content is. In one of the first beta, the main event chains were so broken that people couldn’t even test them properly, because they would simply get stuck. The specializations people played with were a complete mess, needing massive changes that, in some cases, have yet to be done (see Hunter, the Tempest, and so on).

And honestly, the latest content ArenaNet has been adding to the game is poor. The Silverwastes is a copy-paste map repeating the same events over and over. It’s the opposite of what ArenaNet claimed they would do, when they said: “The more persistent events we can provide in a specific area, the less often each of the events in that area needs to occur, which in turn adds to the sense of an ever-evolving open world”.

Looks like at some point ArenaNet gave up on creating a sense of an ever-evolving open world, and then decided to just leave us with the same two events repeating over and over, while we fight the same few kinds of enemy through the entire map.

What does HoT appear to be, then? A rushed, poorly tested small piece of content based on a system which tries to make players repeat the same few activities over and over, while promising more in a very vague “later” date.

In other words, it’s a low quality DLC. Trying to pretend it’s a season pass.

What amazes me is how people defend paying $50 for this mess. If you think wasting your time with this is a good deal, you should be in your house running in circles. You can waste 10.000 hours doing that too, and it’s actually for free – how great a deal is THAT?

(edited by Test.8734)

Posted by: Lysander Freeman.4186

Lysander Freeman.4186

Why are people so dismissive of the OP? It’s a legit concern. Anet seems to think quantity > quality.

I agree, somewhat. What the OP’s really pointing out is power creep, reward creep, whatever you want to call it. Too many collectables, currencies, tokens, etc. when I’d love to play more engaging pve content. You still want to collect the loot though because of that 0.5% chance you’ll get something that your character can actually use. Honestly, if you’ve play long enough then you’ve got most everything you need anyhow and the rest is fluff.

I still think GW1 had more fun replayable exporables and instances. GW2 does have a more fun pvp system though. I enjoy the WvW mostly and EoTM in particular for a while now because I can hop in after a long work/family day and duke it out with people or cap stuff in a zerg without waiting too long (or having to run across EB to reach them).

I admit, I’ve actually preordered at this point, despite my previous kittening about Anet’s poor marketing and business practices. Their marketing and changing their minds is still irritating, but I’ll put $50 out for the expansion. I just wish I’d known about it before making my support via gems before the expac was announced (which is my primary issue with them… I supported them via gems and then they announced the expac which they said they wouldn’t do…. but that’s another kitten session) With my kid and life in general, I don’t have time to learn and get into a new game right now or any time soon. I’m not expecting it to be worth $50 to start. We’ll see. But I’d like to kill people in wvw in a new map for once.

Mirta.5029

. But I’d like to kill people in wvw in a new map for once.

new WvW map and the new Spvp mode both are accessible by everyone, no matter they own the expansion or not.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I don’t want to give them any money ever again.

I truly hate what they have been doing recently. Every change in feature packs and since, and some before. (slight exaggeration here, some things are completely irrelevant to me)
I also do not for one bit like this “progression” direction as I dislike that stuff greatly.

let the sky fall

Rain.7543

I won’t buy HoT because it’s a desperate gambit to try to save a sinking ship, and it’s obvious it’s a very rushed product as a result.

Your post is relatively big, so I will just use this 1 phrase to quote you and answer you. We do not want huge walls of text, after all

I don’t know what makes you think the game is a “sinking ship”. The game right now is packed with people anywhere you go. Dungeons/fractals/Open world content. You can use the LFG tool anytime of the day and find people right away to do any of this content and the achievements related to it. WvW is also full of people in the more populated servers, the same goes for sPvP. Granted the queue takes little more time in the last days, which only can means only onething: even more people are playing it then before.
Since the introduction of the free to play core game, the starting areas are literally bursting with people, many of whom Im sure enjoy the game, and eventually making the purchase to get rid of the restrictions f2p accounts have on them.
If this is your definition of a “sinking ship”, I don’t know what your definition of a successfull game must be then.

You pointed out the LW seasons as failure on Anet part, yet LW1 still stands as one of their most successful content to date, with people still talking about it and praising it, 2 years after its end, and with many players who want Anet to do something similar again.
I must say, I haven’t been around for the LW seasons, this is made on my obsarvation on many articles and information I’ve read about since I got into gw2. LW2 looks like it didn’t live up to its predecesor LW1, but the fact there’s still people playing it and many more new players (myself included) who paid for it to play it means that it was anything but failure.

Next, Anet didn’t make an expact, because their LW strategy failed. I’ve read many, many demands from the player base, wanting an expact instead of next LW season.
This is exactly why there havent been any new LW seasons, because every team was reassigned on working on the new expansion pack instead. Anet here simply answered the demands of its player base. What do they get? Whining, and doom preditictions that the game is a failure, based on… what exactly?

How did you exactly know the expansion will be rushed and unpolished? Have you played it already? Or you simply have some mysterious powers to look into the future?
Pointing out the beta had bugs, does nothing to credit your opinion. This is always the case with beta weekends. This is exactly why its called a beta. You don’t go into a beta weekend, expecting to play finished and polished product. Also the game ran much more smoothly during the second beta weekend, and many of the bugs were gone, and many of the problems with the elite specs were adressed, which clearly shows Anet teams have been hard at work, and have been taking the player base feedback into an account.

I honestly don’t know how much more information people need. 2 Beta weekends have passed, probably 1 more is on the way, many info on what to expect was released. Do I need to point out many MMO games which release a new expansions, giving you slight pieces of information and 1 trailer? Yes, this MMOs still charge you about 30$ on top of their 15$ monthly fees, and, yes, they still call it an expansion despite the fact they give out one new map to play.

Lastly I will point out, that if you don’t feel the expansion is giving YOU, personally enough, you’re completely free to pass on purchasing it. But, please, stop spilling out false information around the forums and predicting the doom of the game. The game is more alive then ever with the expansion 1 month away. I’ve personally witnessed many old players returning to the game, because of it, on top of the many, many new players.
GW2 isn’t going anywhere, anytime soon.

(edited by Rain.7543)

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

etc..

You only say that because you want GW2 to fail. Not because it’s actually failing.

What does HoT appear to be, then?

The beta weekends already offered more content than a standard DLC. Your statement has been annihilated.

Mirta.5029

Both Mirror and Straylight, what exactly are you two doing here? You’re obviously not here to answer OP. All your comments are doing are derailing the thread.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

ArenaNet itself said, when talking about the Living World: “If we do this right, we will probably never do an expansion and everything will be going into this Living World strategy”.

And here we are with an expansion.

Which means, ArenaNet realized they did not do the Living World right. This is obvious – they followed a model with the first season, then went in a completely different direction with the second season, and now, instead of a third season, we’re getting an expansion. Between that and the falling GW2 earnings during the LW seasons 1 and 2, it’s very easy to see that ArenaNet’s original intended model was a failure.

Now, is ArenaNet in trouble? We know NCSoft, which own 100% of ArenaNet, has already began trying to distance themselves from the company (which Mike O’Brien admited when he mentioned that NCSoft won’t publish GW2 anymore, now it’s ArenaNet itself which has to do it). GW2 was also earning less than Lineage and Blade & Soul, and more or less the same as Aion, which isn’t exactly a good sign.

Then we have the HoT content itself. It’s obviously extremely rushed – “we will release only 3 legendaries and more ‘later’”, “we will release only the first wing of the first raid with more to come ‘later’”, “we will add more specializations ‘later’”, and so on and so on – and we have no idea when that “later” will be.

Add to this that ArenaNet’s track record of “later” isn’t exactly nice – all the way back in 2013 ArenaNet said, “On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013”, and look at that, it’s two years later and we are still waiting, only to get three new weapon skins and more to come… “Later”? How much later? Two years, again? More?

This scarcity of content applies to many aspects of the game. Only 4 maps, with a few of those having multiple layers? Only a handful of new armors? Very few new weapon sets? Looks like ArenaNet has made more art for the Gem Store than for HoT.

It’s also very debatable how well tested the expansion content is. In one of the first beta, the main event chains were so broken that people couldn’t even test them properly, because they would simply get stuck. The specializations people played with were a complete mess, needing massive changes that, in some cases, have yet to be done (see Hunter, the Tempest, and so on).

And honestly, the latest content ArenaNet has been adding to the game is poor. The Silverwastes is a copy-paste map repeating the same events over and over. It’s the opposite of what ArenaNet claimed they would do, when they said: “The more persistent events we can provide in a specific area, the less often each of the events in that area needs to occur, which in turn adds to the sense of an ever-evolving open world”.

Looks like at some point ArenaNet gave up on creating a sense of an ever-evolving open world, and then decided to just leave us with the same two events repeating over and over, while we fight the same few kinds of enemy through the entire map.

What does HoT appear to be, then? A rushed, poorly tested small piece of content based on a system which tries to make players repeat the same few activities over and over, while promising more in a very vague “later” date.

What amazes me is how people defend paying $50 for this mess. If you think wasting your time with this is a good deal, you should be in your house running in circles. You can waste 10.000 hours doing that too, and it’s actually for free – how great a deal is THAT?

Your rewriting of history and your desire to quote something that someone said at a point in time without understanding situations can change decisions is just like being a black knight. You don’t like the game so everything Anet does is wrong.

For example, you say that Anet said if the LS was done right, they would never have to do an expansion and that’s true. Anet did say that. However, the fact that they’re doing an expansion after that statement doesn’t necessarily mean that the LS wasn’t done right. It means that the situation has changed.

It’s entirely possible that the LS was done right and the MMO subculture demands and expansion anyway. There’s no way that Anet could have predicted that would happen. You’re taking a single quote that was said before, and drawing conclusions from it, based on the premise that the person making that quote knows everything about everything before it happened. It’s an inherently unfair conclusion to draw.

Anet came out with an expansion because the playerbase demanded one. Even if lots of people liked the LS (and many did), they could still need an expansion because of how vocal the forums were about it. They could have had meetings and made decisions based on perception.

I’ve been called a white knight and the shoe probably fits. Which means people will take what I say with a grain of salt. I recommend people do the same with black knights too.