Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

• Dungeons
  • Raids
  • Races
  • End to all zerker all dps
  • Complexity to dungeons
  • Non-heavy classes

The first two points aren’t confirmed. They may be added to the new region. Not a new raiding system but perhapd, raid-like content in the new maps.

Well, according to their FAQ (https://help.guildwars2.com/home);

Q: When is the next big feature reveal for what’s coming in this expansion?

A: We wanted to reveal Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns when we were ready to talk about every major feature we’re planning. That’s why right now, every major feature planned for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is there for you to check out at http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com. That said, there are so many details left to uncover and share with you, to show you, and to eventually let you play as we take you on the journey from now through launch.

… every major feauture was revealed or mentioned.

As far as I know, dungeons/raids and new races are major feautures in the MMO genre. What would MMOs be without dungeons and races?

Raids are not a major feature of guild wars 2 neither are dungeons. Most of the things they talked about where either brand new. I mean based on your logic are not getting new armor because they never announced it.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

What was *not* anounced for the new expansion

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

• Dungeons
  • Raids
  • Races
  • End to all zerker all dps
  • Complexity to dungeons
  • Non-heavy classes

The first two points aren’t confirmed. They may be added to the new region. Not a new raiding system but perhapd, raid-like content in the new maps.

Well, according to their FAQ (https://help.guildwars2.com/home);

Q: When is the next big feature reveal for what’s coming in this expansion?

A: We wanted to reveal Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns when we were ready to talk about every major feature we’re planning. That’s why right now, every major feature planned for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is there for you to check out at http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com. That said, there are so many details left to uncover and share with you, to show you, and to eventually let you play as we take you on the journey from now through launch.

As far as I know, dungeons/raids and new races are major feautures in the MMO genre. What would MMOs be without dungeons and races?

Raids are not a major feature of guild wars 2 neither are dungeons. Most of the things they talked about where either brand new. I mean based on your logic are not getting new armor because they never announced it.

That saves us Charr some fresh disappointment.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

So, we get gliders…hm…just like Archeage. lol Too bad we can’t build our own farms for the cooking craft, as well.

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

If I had spear I’d not be likely to SLASH using it
also as for me weapon he used there was more greataxe-y that spearlike…

Consider the shape and how small the head was, the weapon was very spear like in appearance.
And there’s many ways to wield a spear, poking most certainly is not their only use. Slashing (provided the spear/polearm in question has an adequate head to do so with) and whacking are perfectly good ways to inflict serious injury with them.

Posted by: Rem.9627

Rem.9627

wow you guys are blind rytlock was clearly using a halbred to cut down a mordrem in the new trailer….

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

• No increased level cap

They said beyond Level 80, so there is an increased level cap.

Posted by: Silalus.8760

Silalus.8760

• No increased level cap

They said beyond Level 80, so there is an increased level cap.

Beyond level 80 meaning the content provides a form of progression at the level cap. They were extremely explicit about the fact that level 80 is still max level, and existing ascended/legendary is still the highest gear tier. It was a major selling point, something to the effect of, “GW2 isn’t like WoW, because when we release an expansion we don’t instantly make all the stuff you’ve worked your butts off for worthless.”

Is it just me or the whole concept of this thread is pretty irrational? Anyway…

Here a list of other things HoT will not contain:

- DirectX 13 support.
- Free tickets to the next E3.
- Slavery simulation.
- Edible pillows.
- After-shave commercials.
- In-character Pastarian faith.

We’re talking about the things that got speculated about a lot and turned out not to be. We’re not making an exhaustive list of everything in the universe that isn’t in the expansion.

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

I’d like player housing >.<’ like in wildstar.

Posted by: Vampirial.9056

Vampirial.9056

im pretty sure rytlock was wielding a staff. 2 things i can say for sure he is not using though are a halberd or great axe. the size and shape are completely off for either of those. Also a staff would make more sense for a spellcaster profession.

Posted by: Argon.2405

Argon.2405

Let me just make it clear,

Snip

• No new weapon types (per class yes, but overall to the game no)

Revenant was shown to use a polearm? Or did I miss-see that?

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Tackle challenging group content.

Yeah they also called those ridiculously easy achievements from season 2 ‘a challenge’
so it remains to be seen if it’s challenging for your average spam#1 zergling or actual organized pve groups/guilds.

I’d love to be able to kill epic bosses with my guild, not this open world stuff with hundreds of other players that render my individual contribution completely meaningless.

My point is, don’t jump any boat until you see. Anet both surprises and lets us down sometimes, so dont make too kittenumptions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

They did announce group content though. So we would likely be getting more open world raiding at least. But if we don’t get them it wouldn’t be too surprising, when last did they do something with dungeons or fractals?

The Heart
of Maguuma

New adventures await you in the heart of the Maguuma Jungle. Confront the growing hordes of Mordremoth’s minions, discover allies from ancient civilizations, and battle new enemies.

Tackle challenging group content.
Explore new open world jungle maps.
Experience new events and storylines.
Test your mettle in new boss battles.

I’m expecting more Tequatl / Triple Trouble myself. That seems like a safe bet.

Spears are versatile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE_J8yEUYyQ
Although a halberd would be better for slashing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zy6B6SnoY0
EDIT: Although I guess a halberd is more of a chopping weapon. So perhaps a Polearm then.

Is it just me or the whole concept of this thread is pretty irrational? Anyway…

It’s not irrational if one takes “not announce” to mean “what I wanted but didn’t get” or “what I expected but didn’t get”. If we did take this thread at face value then yes, it would be rather impossible to list everything that wasn’t announced.

(edited by CureForLiving.5360)

Posted by: Uciupuciu.8647

Uciupuciu.8647

Rytlock is wielding a spear not staff, if it was a staff he wouldn’t use this like a contact weapon.

Mounts… Maybe one day… [*]

My GW2 Wishes:
Add more weapons
Add the mounts :DD AND MAKE CHARRS LOOKS LIKE THIS

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Consider the shape and how small the head was, the weapon was very spear like in appearance.
And there’s many ways to wield a spear, poking most certainly is not their only use. Slashing (provided the spear/polearm in question has an adequate head to do so with) and whacking are perfectly good ways to inflict serious injury with them.

still the way he used that wepon totally nullified range advantage of spear – the mai nreason it was used at all

also when you already have spear capable of slashing – all fighting styles I knwo that usilise spear in slashing manner is a way faster – i mean – spear is no THAT heavy to have such slow atack rate….

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

I had another close look at the expansion trailer, and at about the 55 sec mark you see Rhytlock march into a temple of sorts towards 3 glowing beings. what’s interesting is that he’s followed by what looks to be 10 PCs.

Could be 10 man raids?

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

still the way he used that wepon totally nullified range advantage of spear – the mai nreason it was used at all

also when you already have spear capable of slashing – all fighting styles I knwo that usilise spear in slashing manner is a way faster – i mean – spear is no THAT heavy to have such slow atack rate….

Looked more like a halberd to me. We also see Faolin using a spear to impale an enemy. I’m not sure they would add that stuff in the trailers and imagery and not add a 2h polearm to the game.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

No new Build Saving feature

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Dungeons are major features, but to GW2 it’s not a new feature.

When selling something, you want to emphasis what is new, instead of giving the impression that what you’ll be getting is the same old.

I’d argue that there will be at least one dungeon to hold old Mordy (assuming we fight him at the of the expansion).

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Colin stated many times that HoT would contain a large amount of “group challenges” for what this is worth.

Since Anet has admitted to give up on the dungeon side, we have 3 options left :

• More fractals
  • New large group content (Raids)
  • New megabosses (teq, triple trouble etc…)
Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Posted by: Hollow.9758

Hollow.9758

Well, some of those are pretty off. In the new wvw ‘map’ Strong hold they will have competitive pvp type GvG play.

By Odins fine whiskers!
27-inch, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, OS X 10.8.2